Bajingo Juice turned into a Bun in the Oven - TTC #1 in our 30's Graduates - Fall 2011 - Page 9 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#241 of 533 Old 11-03-2011, 11:44 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Tank - I can imagine how much that must suck. Every day must be dragging SO SLOWLY for you. I'm sorry baby is making you wait! You'll have to let him know how much patience you had for him when he grows up and needs to be reminded to appreciate mama. ;) 

Caly - I had that queasiness without vomiting. It's miserable. Probably not as miserable as vomiting all the time, but miserable nonetheless. Fortunately it seems to go away pretty fast in the grand scheme of things. (I can't believe my quease went away TEN WEEKS ago. Time is flying.) Hope that interview went awesomely.

Ram - Thanks for the tip about the heels. I never bring flats to a wedding, as seems to be common, but this time I have decided to do so. I think I'd be fine in them (probably), but my bit concern is dancing with abandon in someone else's 5" stilettos. I have no idea the value of the shoes exactly, but I'm guessing in the $800 (Christian Louboutin) range and i'm TERRIFIED of breaking a heel. In any case, I'm a lucky girl, because they are SO FUN TO WEAR. :)

I have a question about glucose tests. Do all preggos take the 1-hr test? Is this standard midwifery practice as well as OB practice? 

I'm excited for this weekend. I've pretty much worked every weekend straight for two months. And I love the dress. I'll have to show you ladies the side-view once I get a pic. I look 9 mo pregnant!  (Which is better than looking only 18 weeks pregnant, for sure.)

I have to admit I'm trying NOT to think of Hykue. When ValH was on her babymoon I couldn't help but let the worry thoughts creep in. I'm just gonna sit back and believe Hykue's in happy babymoon land right now!

Married to my favorite man in '07. Our firstborn came along in April 2012 (HBC), and our second is on the way, due sometime in May 2014 (planning an HBAC).
#242 of 533 Old 11-03-2011, 04:27 PM

#243 of 533 Old 11-03-2011, 06:15 PM - Thread Starter

Birdie - So good to hear that you like this doc, and that you've learned more understandable information about why the decision was made. :)

Married to my favorite man in '07. Our firstborn came along in April 2012 (HBC), and our second is on the way, due sometime in May 2014 (planning an HBAC).
#244 of 533 Old 11-03-2011, 06:33 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Hi everyone! I think my interview went well, but it's always hard to tell what the person on the other side of the desk is thinking. Last time I thought I aced an interview I did not get the job, so we'll see. I should hear back from them sometime in the next few weeks. I'm just glad it's over and done with. I'm still really nauseous and have been burping up acid (sorry, I know that's disgusting). I couldn't eat this morning and wound up leaving work early so I could come home and lie down. I did manage to choke down some toast and applesauce before the interview, and I had some ice cream this evening. So, yeah, trying to eat a balanced diet is pretty much out the window right now.

Birdie, I'm so happy to hear that you like your new doc! And I'm glad you were given more information about the midwives' decision to transfer your care.

I saw a couple of BFPs in the 30's thread this week, so hopefully we'll be getting some more company over here soon!

partners.gif  +babyf.gifjoy.gif

#245 of 533 Old 11-04-2011, 07:20 PM

Good evening ladies!  I hope that everyone is doing great! 

I really hope you all don't hate me for not posting more.  I tried lurking, but man just getting online is hard now.  (DH is taking an online class and has work stuff to do...so hard not to hover when he's geek.gif)

Birdie.lee - I remember watching my co-workers belly bounce when her baby girl had hiccups.  Most amazing thing ever.  That's just neat! Glad that you're GBS good as well. I had to laugh at your hips comment, my poor co-worker got that and the "Oh you must be having twins" because of her size...seriously.  I know sometimes people don't realize what they say...  And congrats on the 37 weeks!  I know that must've been very difficult to hear especially since mw knew awhile ago, but you and DH are going to have an awesome baby birth day.  (Love hearin' about the Papa Bear ready to come out!)  Continuing on its so great to hear you're cool with the Dr.  I hope that makes you feel a little more comfortable with your plan. 

Hykue - Yay!  You're just awesome.  Thanks for the update and can't wait to hear more.

Tank - love the mission name!  And that pic is priceless.  Maybe pup can help with the hatch idea this weekend.  I'm sorry about how you're feeling. I too get a little jealous wishing I was further along.

Rosie - haha  yes...that and the heartburn!  Well maybe that not as enjoyable as peeing often, but I'll take it, too.  Awesome that your pregnancy is going smooth.  I think I will have to go out and buy a yoga outfit, too.  I love comfy clothes.  I get all teary eyed just thinking about it the things I am going to feel and reading everyone's experiences...I can't wait and love reading about your kicks!  Gorgeous pic and the shoes are awesome!

Calycanth - I hope by now you are feeling almost 100% better.  Although, I would be cool with not going into work, it kinda sucks that you don't feel well.  I'm counting the weeks with you, they are so slow at first!  I hope that the sea sickness subsides a bit.  Sea Bands?  I got a letter for the RE with different techniques...that was one of them (well maybe that was a book)...  I think it mentioned salty and sweet w/ protein.  Like crackers with peanut butter and Sprite?  Awesome that your interview went great!  I second that this time is the eat-what-you-want time.  orngbiggrin.gif

Reelala -  Congrats!  Yeah the heartburn is pretty crazy...(I love the Twilight movies, too. winky.gif)

Chapluqa - I think my body is programmed a little different (I'm always hungry), but I'm sure everyone's bodies make sure they get enough.  Mmmm...egg and avocado sound so good to me right now.

Ram - So glad to hear your power came on.  I can't imagine how scary that can be when you have someone else to think about. 

LivingSky - Oh mi gosh!  How handsome!  Love the costume!

AFM - I 'graduated' from the RE yesterday and got to see the babies again.  I'm still nervous because its early, and more so because I'm 'high-risk', but so excited.

wave.gif to anyone I missed! 

My twins are here!  Thank God everyday for answered  praying.gif

#246 of 533 Old 11-04-2011, 09:05 PM

Hello ladies- fun to see so many different stages here.  I reminds me what I have to look forward to.  I was one of the mismatched TTC#2s on the thirties thread.  I hope it is ok if I pop in here every now and then.  

Caly-I also have that seasickness, but it alternates with being really hungry for mostly salty and spicy stuff. 

Reelala- these early weeks really do seem to stretch on and on.  Each week is a milestone.

Tank- those last couple weeks are the almost as long as these first ones, but your reward is coming sooo soon.

Hello everyone else!  Hope your pregnancies are going well.

Metreehugger.gif College Literature Professor reading.gif(36) and DH (35) married 7/05, together since 1/99; Mom to two lovely and fierce little girls: DD1 2/06 and, after 18 months TTC (and a couple years NTNP), DD2 born 7/3/12!  Dedicated AP parent who is for selective (most) vaccination.

#247 of 533 Old 11-05-2011, 01:46 AM

#248 of 533 Old 11-05-2011, 06:26 AM

birdie - I think it was in the September thread, I posted the "Induction cocktail" recipe that my SIL's midwives gave her. I know the two big ingredients are castor oil and lemon verdana oil, everything else is pretty much just to mask the taste of the castor oil. You're supposed to take it once and then again in 5 hours. I took it once then DTD in 5 hours and labour kicked in pretty much immediately after. If you can't find the post let me know and I'll try to dig the recipe out again smile.gif

CA Country Girl - Congrats on your BFP!!

Bel - how many weeks are you now?

Caly - as others said, this is definitely the time to eat whatever happens to sound good at the time. In first trimester I think I ate almost exclusively protein. Oh, and microwave baked potatoes with a tub of amrgarine on top. It wasn't good. But it tasted good at the time smile.gif

Married to my wonderful DH 5/2010, Mom to DS1 Kayden 7-14-2011 wild.gif and DS2 Jakob 8-29-2013 babyf.gif

Owned by Friesians and Drum Horses, plus the dogs, cats, rabbits and chickens

#249 of 533 Old 11-05-2011, 11:05 AM

Yay Bel for "graduating" and seeing the babies. I think it gets less scary each week you progress and try to remember that they're doing good so far! I can't wait to hear what it's like to have two things bouncing around inside of youbiggrinbounce.gif

Congrats and Welcome CA Countrygirl, there's a baby explosion going on now!

Birdie: My glucose drink was orange, it kind of reminded me of that tang from my childhood. Someone in my ddc had jellybean flavored, but they didn't give me a choice. Good luck on the encouraging the baby to come. I've tucked away livinigsky's recipe just in case, the baby's been measuring a week ahead and I don't really  want to try and push a 10lb-er out.

I just thought I'd share a picture of our yard after the Halloween Snow, I thought it was so pretty.

October 2011 Backyard.JPG

-Us partners.gif, Himbabyf.gifnocirc.gif and her dog2.gif 

#250 of 533 Old 11-05-2011, 01:29 PM

So, those of you who had/have morning sickness, how did you cope with it? How do you get through a work week when you're not able to eat? Between the flu (or whatever it was) I had last week and m/s this week, I've missed a lot of work and can't really afford to take more time off, but when I think about going back to work like this, I just want to cry. Am I just a big wimp? I'm not even throwing up, how is it possible that I feel this bad? My aversion to food seems to be getting worse. I tried to eat a little soup this afternoon and it didn't go very well. Haven't had anything else today except Gatorade. I seem to do OK with applesauce, so I may try that at dinnertime.

Birdie, wow, I can't believe it's been five weeks! You are such a trooper. Good luck kicking the labor into gear.

Bel, it's so nice to get an update from you! And congrats on your "graduation!" I do have Sea Bands, but they don't seem to make much of a difference for me. How exciting that you got to see your babies again - it must make it feel so much more real. I wish Taxlady was around so we could get some gender predictions for your twins!

Hi CountryGirl! Glad to see things are progressing well for you. Eat something salty for me!

Ram, what a beautiful picture! I love winter. I can't wait for snow.

#251 of 533 Old 11-05-2011, 03:41 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Wow, Ram, that's unreal! And totally beautiful! orngbiggrin.gif Thanks for sharing.

Caly, have you tried Preggy Pop Drops? They were a lifesaver for me, though I often wondered if any sour candy would do it. As for working: it was one day at a time misery. Every day I didn't know how I would make it through weeks more of it, but somehow I did. I also had the all day every day hardcore nausea without throwing up. I often felt like if I could just throw up I'd feel better. For me, eating helped a bit though only WHILE eating. No wonder I gained during my first trimester (and am now trying to work it off). I'm sorry: it's really hard. hug.gif

DD just went through a growth spurt and now she's grabbing dangly toys with both hands, like overnight. It's so cool. luxlove.gif I start work in one week, one day. greensad.gif I know it will be nice in a way to be teaching again, but I'm so scared of the transition, and I would definitely enjoy being stay-at-home mommy instead. I'm gonna miss her and DH SO much!!!

Sorry I've been so quiet lately: I'm soaking up my little girl every second I can. But I am reading along while nursing and rooting for y'all! Birdie, hang in there! I felt stir crazy after my c-section with having people wait on me, and I can't imagine having that for five weeks. hug.gif Hykue, thinking of you on your babymoon! blowkiss.gifgoodvibes.gif to all of you about to go in labor! and grouphug.gif to all!

Our little miracles are here!!joy.gif
energy.gif DD Born 7/15/11 biggrinbounce.gif DS Born 4/3/13
love.giflove.gif Keep growing healthy and strong, beautiful little fighter babies!!!

Auntie to Nell, Greta, Maggie, and Elsa!

Remembering our 3 losses

#252 of 533 Old 11-05-2011, 05:08 PM

didn't read, no time, but we have a baby and she's doing pretty well.  i'm recovering fairly well, but need to sleep about an hour ago.  Just wanted to let you know we're still here and we're okay!

On a farm with our kiddo (nearly 2), two dogs, two cats, ten goats, two donkeys, nine sheep, a bunch of chickens, and a husband (in the winters). We have another on the way!
#253 of 533 Old 11-05-2011, 07:40 PM

Congrats CA Country Girl!

Thanks Birdie!  It is amazing to see them and this was actually the 3rd time I got to see them (went in earlier this week b/c of some weird stuff I had going on but it was brief.)  I must say every time I was nervous (heart rate would increase and serious butterflies).  It was weird, but as soon as I saw them I felt relief.  ROTFLMAO.gifVerbal diarrhea!  I have a problem with my 'inside voice' or lack thereof.  I am a serious air head at times and have already warned DH about pregnancy brain.  (I'm not offensive, I just say some random stuff.) As far as being snippy, I am sure everyone knows you don't mean it and I'm sure you aren't being really 'snippy'.  I remember how frustrating it was for myself and then my cousin who I helped after knee surgery - its frustrating not being able to do thing for yourself.  Love not drugs is cool - you are full term lady!  Castor oil?  yum...

LivingSky - nine weeks as of Thursday.  I should pass on that "Induction cocktail" to a friend.  Love the baked potato with margarine idea - I find it hilarious the things I love usually gross me out and I want the most random things.

Thanks Ramzubo!  I try to see it that way as well.  I think I am learning to think about it less often at least. (I can't wait either!)  winky.gif  That picture is beautiful.  I hate the mess snow causes, but as long as I have everything I need and don't lose power its so pretty!

Caly - I'm sorry you're not feeling well.  Seriously snack.  My co-worker had a lot of stuff to munch on - whatever makes you feel better.  Aw Taxi - I think of her often and hope she's doing well.  Being able to see them is awesome...still can't believe I have them 'in there'.  orngbiggrin.gif  So in love...

Tear - aw...love hearing about your baby girl!

Hykue - joy.gif  Congratulations mommy & daddy!  Enjoy!

#254 of 533 Old 11-05-2011, 07:42 PM

#255 of 533 Old 11-05-2011, 08:03 PM

joy.gif Hykue!  joy.gif Welcome to the word, baby girl! joy.gif

#256 of 533 Old 11-05-2011, 08:46 PM

YAY a girl Hykue!  We are so excited for you!  Much love to your family joy.gif

Awesome vegan mom to wolverine babyf.gif11/11 and sabertooth 11/13 and partner to a drum.gifwe also have dog2.gif

#257 of 533 Old 11-06-2011, 07:18 AM

YAY HYKUE!! joy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gif Come by and tell us the story whenever you have time, but no rush! And of course, we'll need pictures - again, whenever you get around to it smile.gif

CONGRATS!!

Married to my wonderful DH 5/2010, Mom to DS1 Kayden 7-14-2011 wild.gif and DS2 Jakob 8-29-2013 babyf.gif

#258 of 533 Old 11-06-2011, 10:53 AM

energy.gifCONGRATS Hykue on your Baby Girl!!!!!!energy.gif

-Us partners.gif, Himbabyf.gifnocirc.gif and her dog2.gif 

#259 of 533 Old 11-07-2011, 05:39 AM - Thread Starter

Flying by on my way out the door. 

Ram - That's a beautiful pic!

CA CG - Congrats! What would you like for your bulb on the front page?

Yay Hykue! Congratulations and thanks for checking in through the haze of fatigue! I'm looking forward to hearing more. :) 

#260 of 533 Old 11-07-2011, 08:42 AM

#261 of 533 Old 11-07-2011, 10:35 AM

I was also wondering about Tank - just dropped in to see if there was an update from her!

Still feeling pretty yucky, but I've found one food I can tolerate: Pringles. I ate half the canister this morning (had a little watermelon, too, which tasted pretty good). I have to go back to work tomorrow and I am just dreading it. Saw that one of the women in my DDC had a missed miscarriage, so of course now I'm worried about that. I can't wait for our appointment on the 30th.

Tear, thanks for commiserating. It's good to know that people do come out the other side of this awfulness. I'm going to have DH pick up some sour candies so I can take them to work tomorrow. If that doesn't work, I'll try the Preggie Pops.

Birdie, all this talk of birth plans and hospitals and names is making me so excited for you! Are you keeping the names a secret? DH and I have had a few conversations about names. We had no trouble coming up with possible girl names, but if it's a boy, we're screwed. Right now, we're calling the baby Blueberry because I read that it's the size of a blueberry this week.

#262 of 533 Old 11-07-2011, 11:38 AM

#263 of 533 Old 11-07-2011, 12:29 PM

Hey guys I am still here although hopefully not for long.  I had a non stress test this morning and it was the most annoying thing I have ever done.  First they couldn't find the heartbeat.  I was a bit freaked out even though he gave me a big kick on my way into the exam room.  Then once they found it they couldn't keep it on the monitor with just the thing strapped down and I had to hold it hard agaist my belly.  I had to do this for like 30-45 minutes.  It sucked.  Anyway he was doing just fine with that.  I had some bloody show very early this morning and then some leaking that I can't figure out if it is my mucus plug or my water leaking so I am going to the midwife this afternoon so she can take a look.  I am also getting sick...  good timing huh.  I am sure I'll be home afterwards because I am not contracting regularly so I will let you guys know what she says.  I am in such a bad mood after that stupid appointment with the doctor this morning I just want this over with.

Awesome vegan mom to wolverine babyf.gif11/11 and sabertooth 11/13 and partner to a drum.gifwe also have dog2.gif

#264 of 533 Old 11-07-2011, 02:18 PM

hi ladies reading along with you all - such exciting things happening!

i am freaking out a little bit because i had (TMI) some brown discharge when i wiped this morning.  i of course called my ob's office and they had me come in for a blood test wait wait waiting by the phone to hear what my levels are.  i am going back on wednesday and friday to check for doubling and then if all goes well an ultrasound next week.  sorry to just dump that on all of you but besides DH and my mom I don't really want to tell anyone you know.  the good thing is that since this morning i have not had any more spotting or anything so crossing fingers and trying to stay relaxed.  thank you thank you thank you for letting me vent!

me (30) and my prince charming (25) living happily ever after and expecting our first little nug baby.gif in june/july 2012

* * * 4 * * * 8 * * * 12 * * * 16 * * heartbeat.gif 20 * * * 24 * * * 28 * * * 32 * * * 36 * * * 40

#265 of 533 Old 11-07-2011, 03:25 PM

tank - woohoo for bloody show! I bet the next we hear from you, you have a baby in arms, or definitely on the way smile.gif

Caly - we were the same with name choices. We had a firm girl name picked before we even got a BFP. When the u/s showed a boy, we were like - oh crap.

birdie - Hunger and naps really ramped up for me in the last few days before Kayden arrived smile.gif

reelala - That must have been so scary greensad.gif If it helps any, brown blood is the best kind, it means it's old blood and not fresh. I know you'll feel much better once the hcg numbers come in though!

AFM- Kayden is officially teething greensad.gif I had to cave and give him infant's tylenol today. I'm hoping DH can pick up an amber teething necklace tonight when he gets off work - and that it actually helps!

#266 of 533 Old 11-07-2011, 03:51 PM

so yah it was my water that broke so I am on my way to the hospital. It may be a while before I have my babe though since I am not having regular contractions yet.  Just wanted to stop by and tell you guys.  YAY!

#267 of 533 Old 11-07-2011, 04:16 PM

GO TANK!  sending you happy labor vibes!

thank you for the pick me up living sky.  i know once i see good #'s i'll feel way better.

me (30) and my prince charming (25) living happily ever after and expecting our first little nug baby.gif in june/july 2012

* * * 4 * * * 8 * * * 12 * * * 16 * * heartbeat.gif 20 * * * 24 * * * 28 * * * 32 * * * 36 * * * 40

#268 of 533 Old 11-07-2011, 05:19 PM

Birdie.lee - Glad to hear your hospital tour went well!  Picking names sounds fun...except of course when you can't agree.

Caly - Yay for Pringles and watermelon!  I know its really hard not to worry (I'm on the worry train, too) but your levels were good.  Everything will be ok.

tank -   So sorry about your doctors appt., but otherwise so excited for you!  joy.gif  Happy Babe Day!

reelala - LivingSky is right.  Brown is good.  I had (TMI alert) brown with teeny brown blood clot looking things for 3 days and went in and all was good.  The cervix gets crazy blood vessels on it so after (TMI alert) BDing I would spot too.  Weird.   I'm sure everything is good for you.

LivingSky - I hope the amber teething ring gives Kayden relief.  (Will have to look that up.)  I know its hard to give them medicine, but teething looks painful.

I was afraid my post would've showed up 3 times - I was trying to use the ancient net book we have and it was acting weird.  Trying to post more, but ugh that was awful. DH finished school early so I could check in.

Hope all is well with everyone!  smile.gif

#269 of 533 Old 11-07-2011, 08:34 PM

YAY TANK!! Have a great labour and can't wait to hear the story and see the pics smile.gif

#270 of 533 Old 11-07-2011, 08:52 PM

I'm thinking of you, Tank, I hope it goes well!

Birdie too, I'm glad you're feeling comfortable now with the change in plans.

Pictures are here: Raven Brisa

She was 8 lb 2 oz, labor was difficult but mostly manageable, she was jaundiced but now is getting better and we're learning to nurse.  It wasn't exactly like I imagined . . . I hope everyone approaching their DD has an easier time.  I will eventually post the story.

On a farm with our kiddo (nearly 2), two dogs, two cats, ten goats, two donkeys, nine sheep, a bunch of chickens, and a husband (in the winters). We have another on the way!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page