How many negatives did you get before your positive? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 09-21-2011, 01:25 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My own stupid fault for testing too early, I know. But I'm at 11DPO and getting negative tests. I usually start by 9 or 10. The latest has been 12DPO.  My chart looks promising to me but it could just be wishful thinking. I'm sure I'll start my AF tomorrow, but just in case....

How many negative tests did you get before you got your positive? How many DPO did it take before you got it? Was it different for different sexed kids? Both my boys, I got my BFN at 10 days. Like I said, wishful thinking...lol

D, wife to an awesome man, mommy to 2 awesome boys!!
#2 of 5 Old 09-22-2011, 03:11 AM

I got my BFP at 11DPO and that was the first day I took a test.  But I have definitely heard about it taking longer, especially with a less sensitive test.  I used FRER.  Wait a couple days and if no AF, test again!

ME: 29 DH: 27 stillheart.gif Married for 3 years now.  Got my pos.gif August 31, 2011!  joy.gif Woohoo!!!

stork-boy.gif May 12, 2012 - Baby Deacon joined our family

#3 of 5 Old 09-22-2011, 06:48 AM

I had implantation bleeding at 6dpo and got a very very faint BFP at 9dpo with this pregnancy.  With my first I didn't get a BFP until a few days after my missed period (I had tested before the missed period and gotten BFNs.   Tested 3 days after missed period (had been out of town in between) and got a BFP. 

Good luck!

Partner to DH and mom to DD1 (3/2008) and DD2 (born 1/2012).
#4 of 5 Old 09-22-2011, 07:09 AM

The earliest I test is 12 DPO (because otherwise I get disenheartened!)  - it also depends on the test.

With this pregnancy, I didn't test until 14 dpo and a good thing, because all I had on hand is an Answer test, and those are some of the least sensitive ones sold. I got a faint (+), and retested later that day with a digital to be sure.

Katrina - Mama to Gabriel  sleepytime.gif 11/20/2009 and Norah vbac.gif 10/11/2011- married to Wayne - geek.gif novaxnocirc.gifbfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifcd.gif&nbspand now new baby Theodore born 3/11/13 vbac.gif

#5 of 5 Old 09-22-2011, 07:14 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

On this cycle, I had two days of tests that I thought maybe might possibly have a line but it was probably just my imagination, one day of ok now I think I'm pretty sure something is there but I would bet my life on it, and then the next day it was yup, that's a line.  The first day was 10 dpo, I'm pretty sure, although normally it would have been 5 dpo and crazy early to test.

Mom to DS(14), DS(12), DD(9), DS(6), DS (4), and DS(2)  

***4***8****13***17***21****26***heartbeat.gif****35****40

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page