Expecting our RAINBOW babies - graduates of "hoping, healing & conceiving again" tread 2011 - Page 11 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#301 of 514 Old 10-16-2011, 10:20 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

So I have some time to actually say a few things to you guys. Yay!

violet - I'm sorry you are feeling so sick too. I saw it as a good sign the first trimester, but it sure is miserable. I did complain about it quite a bit, even though I had experienced a loss where I felt pretty much zero nausea. It helped me get through it to complain. Did you get your painting finished? I wouldn't worry about it especially if it is no-VOC paint. I have been painting a ton, and it is not with no-VOC paint. We painted one room with that stuff and I find it much harder to work with. My hubby does the not well ventilated areas (closets) but I am helping out elsewhere. We are almost done with all of the painting! Hopefully soon. Hope your ultrasound Wednesday brings you some comfort.

MAnna, hope the ultrasound shows your little one with a big strong heartbeat. Was your vacation wonderful? We had such a great time at the beach, bittersweet to come home.

Rainey, I know what you mean about not being superstitious, but when something feels similar to a past experience it is certainly within our realm to think everything will go the way it did in the past. This is a different experience, and has nothing to do with others pregnancies. I hope that you will be able to go through this experience with your baby sis, what a wonderful gift to have cousins so close in age!

stacey, I'm glad you survived the ILs and that things are going well for you so far. We went pumpkin picking this past week, the kids had a great time! Hope you stay well the whole time.

zub, sorry about the busted anniversary. :( My hubby and I also started dating right around our wedding anniversary, we've been together for 15 years and married for 7. Hopefully you guys worked it all out. I understand completely about not handling stress well. Mine doesn't either, and his anxiety starts bleeding onto the rest of us which drives me crazy! Hoping for a great scan for you on Thursday, I think already being on zofran is a good sign that things are developing well in there!

milk - I'm sorry you weren't able to get an extra scan in before Wednesday. I hope you are filling your days and are doing ok waiting for time to pass until you get a peek to see what's going on in there.

ek, how exciting to actually hear the heartbeat instead of watching it. "they" say once you hear the heartbeat on doppler the chances for a m/c have dropped to such a small percentage. I know you have been on the wrong side of the odds before, but I seriously can't imagine you ending up there twice! Start imagining yourself holding a newborn in April, because I think that is what is going to happen!

camera, I remember you doing the baking soda old wives test early on - did it show boy or girl then?

This is going to be a slightly stressful week for me. I'm glad I have my midwife appointment to look forward to, because on Thursday I am taking the kids to the dentist by myself. Ack. DS has several cavities that need to be filled, we are doing round 1 (of 2). We go to a holistic dentist and my hubby has had lots of work this year with him and said he is so good with the shots that he can't even feel them, so I feel confident in that category. But my dd on the other hand.... she fell on her balance bike in august, then again about 4 weeks later. She busted her lip so bad the first time I almost took her to the ER until I remembered I had taken her to the ER before for something similar and they can't do anything really for mouth trauma like that. Her lip looked bad for a week or so, but her teeth appeared fine. I noticed about 1.5 weeks ago that her tooth was turning brown. When we got back from vacation I called the dentist and he isn't sure what is going on. He said if it turns yellow then it is healing itself, if it gets browner the nerve is likely dying. Sigh. It only hurts when we brush, but it was bleeding one day around the gumline at brush time too. crap.gif So I talked to him again and he said we won't know anything until the xray, but if it was his daughter at 4.5 he'd want to save the tooth. The baby tooth helps to nourish the permanent tooth, and it also provides a place holder for the permanent tooth. I want to save the tooth, but he said it might be something like a root canal on a baby tooth. If it turns out the tooth is not doing well, it is a procedure he will do on Thursday, not schedule for a later time. So I am stressing. I can't do anything about it at this point, I am just worried.

mama to ds 9, dd 7, & ds 2
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#302 of 514 Old 10-16-2011, 07:19 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Fly by:

I was exhausted this afternoon and took a 2 hour nap. You know those vivid day-time dreams you get? Well, I dreamed I was nursing twins - someone else's. How weird. Anyway, I was surprised that I was lactating and I was REALLY lactating. Like, milk everywhere. I would be thrilled in several months to be able to nurse ONE baby. Another 37 hours until the ultrasond...

Wife to DH for 17 years, homeschooling mom to 3 girls (15, 13, 12), 2 boys (11, 7), and (13 wk mc 4/10/11), (13 week mc 12/12/11). baby girl 10/31/13. (11 wk mc 6/25/14). (6 wk mc 10/26/14)
#303 of 514 Old 10-16-2011, 09:05 PM

Hello - I've been so ridiculously busy this weekend, it's been madness. But I wanted to do a "fly by" of my own to say hello!

For those of you with scans this week - I'm so excited to hear updates! I'm also jealous...ha. It's sinking in for me that I don't get another scan until another month...

Quickly - MAnna - you know re: my middle name, it's funny - I'm a HUGE mutt so to speak (like 13 different nationalities), and that name comes from my biological grandmother who I barely knew (on my biological dad's side, who hasn't been my father since I was a small child, I was adopted by my mother's second husband at a VERY young age, longish story). They were, from all accounts, just Polish and Finnish? I think? My mother actually gave me the name because it was this woman's first name, and apparently my mom did NOT get along with her (my faint memories of her were of a very, very mean woman). She HATED her own name...so my mom gave it to me to "honor" her but it was really meant to be kind of obnoxious - apparently I was in the middle of a fight! Ha. Nevertheless, after I got over the "different-ness" of the name in my high school years, I think it's nice. There are so many ways to shorten it, too, if you are into that...here's hoping you get to use it with a little girl bean!

sommer - thanks. I hadn't heard about the hearing the heartbeat thing...I will admit, even though the nurse said, "this might take me a moment" when starting up the doppler, I was braced for them not to find it. Sigh. Since I did hear it, I've been alternating between wanting a doppler at home...and not. I think I've decided not. I figure (a) I might not have much luck finding it myself, and that would freak me out, and (b) if something has happened, there's nothing I could do about it anyway. Thanks for the optimism though - I'm not yet at the point of planning or having a lot of hope, but I'm not quite as certain that this will definitely not work out. I think, for me, the door is opening slightly to let in a sliver of ... not hope, but knowledge of the odds vs. just assuming this is all a waste of time and could not possibly equal baby in April. I am hopeful that this feeling will grow, it makes me more peaceful than feeling just down because I've assumed tragedy is coming my way again.

violet - sorry you are so sick! Wow, a lot of super-sick ladies on this board, here's hoping it gets better soon as the second trimester comes in...and the third...  :)

RaineyDaye - sorry for the light spotting! Has that continued? I definitely know the feeling with signs and other people's pregnancies - I am constantly reminding myself that this is a brand new pregnancy, and to try not to read into what is going on around you...but it's hard. Hang in there.

AFM - well, nausea is down. Comes back in waves sometimes, but nothing like before. I'm 14 weeks today? DH teases me because with past pregnancies, I never could tell if when one says 14 weeks, they mean that 14 weeks are done (and one is technically in week 15), or that it is the 14th week, and one is 13 weeks plus a few days...like my dad, he can't ever figure out "arrivals" and "departures" at the airport unless there's a pic of the plane taking off or landing - since HE is arriving at the airport (in a car), he automatically wants to go to "arrivals' when dropping me off at the airport...it's funny! Anyway, I think I'm 14 weeks done, and next week will be the 15th week. No appointments for me for a while, so I'll just be stalking you guys.

I've got about 45 loads of laundry to fold, so must get off the computer - hope everyone has a good night!

Living in a very large midwestern city with a wonderful guy, an AMAZING boy wonder, and 1 ancient cat. Missing our 2nd boy wonder, lost Feb 2011 during labor on his due date. Now possibly going back down the rabbit hole, with a BFP on 8/11/11, and a due date of April 10, 2012.

#304 of 514 Old 10-16-2011, 09:19 PM

Good luck at the scan, MAnna! I have my anatomy scan this Friday, and I'm crossing my fingers. I still have a little fear that something is wrong. For awhile I feared that the baby might have ancephaly for some reason, but the last scan proved me wrong. I'm sure things will be fine...but I wish I could just get it over with and stop the waiting.

Wife to DH, mama to bikenew.gif DD (7) ribboncesarean.gif, babyf.gif DS born 3/12 ribboncesarean.gif, and have had five early losses. angel1.gif
I have Stiff Person Syndrome and my other car is a candy apple red Rascal. Feel free to ask me about it. wheelchair.gif
#305 of 514 Old 10-16-2011, 09:44 PM

Matushka- I didn't write that in the dream I had a couple days ago about a baby, it wasn't my baby.   It was my friend Sarah's baby.  But it didn't matter.  I just left that part out in description.  Weird that we would both have dreams like that.  

Today was awful, so sick.  Tell me about Zofran Zubeldia.  -Violet

Married to the man of my dreams since June 2000.  We are blessed with two magical children, a daughter born in the caul on June 2005 and a  rainbow1284.gifson born under water on June 2012.  

#306 of 514 Old 10-17-2011, 06:24 AM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)

Morning, all.

MAnna, I have everything crossed for you! What time is the scan? I'll be bigeyes.gif until you update!

Stacey, so glad you survived your inlaws. How are you feeling? Honestly, I wouldn't worry too much about what you're eating given how sick you're feeling. Before I experienced HG I would think to myself, wow, why do some pregnant women not eat really healthily? I am very embarrassed to admit that, but I could barely touch any healthy foods during my pg with DS and the same is true now. I have such strong aversions to almost everything, so if there is something that is appealing then I just go for it.

Camera, good luck this week, mama!!

ek, I have heard the same things about the doppler and how hearing a HB reduces m/c risk to less than 3% or less. Aha, I am totally with you on the weeks and what they mean. I think that I am 7 weeks today, which means 7 weeks have passed and now I'm beginning my 8th week. Does that sound right?!

Rainey, thinking of you. Any more spotting?

Oh Violet, so sorry you're that sick. I know it's hugely comforting but that does not mean to say that it is not incredibly miserable to be debilitated by the sickness. I had hyperemesis with DS. I was just so ill. When I was 9 weeks pregnant, despite going to acupuncture 3 times a week, I ended up in hospital because I was so dehydrated. I then started zofran because dehydration is much more risky that the meds itself. I am very med-shy so I didn't take the zofran without thought. I still felt nauseous and had incredible aversions still, but I could function, keep hydrated, and so on. I took it throughout my pregnancy as the sickness never went away until the placenta was born (SUCH a relief). This time around I think my nausea was stronger earlier (perhaps because I am more tired as I now have a toddler). I called the on call Dr and he suggested I try b6 and zofran combined. I initially wanted to hold off on the zofran but he really urged me to start it now so that they could get a good start controlling the nausea and vomiting (apparently the earlier the better). It does help a lot. I try not to take too much because it's really constipating, which is pretty miserable in itself!

AM: oof, I have been so cross with DH. We had a nice Saturday but Sunday afternoon descended into a mess. We get on so well usually, so I always miserable when we're not. He is very reserved and he withdraws in to himself when I'm cross which practically makes me homicidal. Ack. I also have been feeling incredibly alone. Work is just awful at the moment. And I'm homesick. I am sure that pregnancy hormones combined with feeling hellish combined with having no outlets (exercise is just impossible, right now) is conspiring me to feel generally 'gah'. And of course the underlying extreme anxiety that my scan on Thurs will go badly.

I am so tired. It's really unlike me to just want to lie down, but mostly I spent the weekend lying down watching Lewis on my iPad. I did get a massage on Saturday afternoon, which was lovely, and I worked on Sat morning, but I am still so tired after essentially doing nothing for much of the weekend. Oh, it's going to be a long week!

mama to DS 7/09 and DS 10/12 and married to DH
#307 of 514 Old 10-17-2011, 06:25 AM

Sommer, it's lovely to see you! I don't know I missed your post up top. Good look with the dental issues, that doesn't sound fun at all. Any hope of getting someone to go with you? Sounds as though an extra pair of hands would really come in handy.

#308 of 514 Old 10-17-2011, 10:08 AM

Hi all...popping in to say I hope ya'll are doing great today and feeling tolerably well. I'm still exhausted from the weekend, though I did have a nice time for a few hours meeting up with some online friends in person on Saturday. Then Saturday evening I crashed HARD as soon as the kidlet was in bed...leaving my husband, MIL, and nephew to fend for themselves food-wise. I know DH was disappointed in my lack of hostessing skills and I've probably lost points with my MIL as well...but I was so fatigued that I felt like I was drugged and just didn't care what they thought. I skipped church yesterday morning too and then passed on meeting up one last time with the online friends in the afternoon/evening as well. 

Today I know I need to pick up around the house from the weekend, but I have no more energy and feel a bit queasy too. I'm going to be doing good coming up with something to take to the Bible study potluck meal tonight, going over my Bible study book beforehand, bathing the kidlet, and packing a peanut-free meal for the kidlet all before 6pm!! I hope I can lay down and nap when kidlet does, but that remains to be seen.

About the spotting. It was just the tiniest bit of brown and we WERE intimate on Thursday evening...so it could have been from that. My back has been KILLING me this last week, so I did some googling to relieve myself that backache is normal in pregnancy. I am such a worry-wart, but I just don't think I could bear another loss...so that's why I'm praying so hard that this little bean sticks!! I can't even imagine how hard it is for you mommies who've had so many more losses in a row or lost your babies further on. It just hurts no matter what. 

Married to my computer geek since 11.04.06. Mama to our little dude Bug (born 7.14.09, peanut allergy, asthma) and our rainbow baby girl Sweetpea (born 4.14.13). Forever missing my angel babies--Riley, Paisley, and Waverley!!

Decluttering my life...

#309 of 514 Old 10-17-2011, 10:20 AM - Thread Starter

*UPDATED*

Hallo ladies,

I hope all is well and I am so glad that everyone is getting on well carrying the little beans!

I have updated our weeks countdown, and it is just amazing how fast time flies, the majorety of us that had the September BFP explosion are now in our 7th week!!!!!

Vermillion - Where are you, hope all is well.  WOW 30 weeks, you must be huge (in a nice way) by now!  Hope to hear from you soon!

Sommer - I cannot belive you are 18 weeks already!  Time really does fly, you must really be getting very exited?

Cameragirl - Can you tell me again how many weeks you are?

Ek - you have passed the 1st Trimester!!!! joy.gif  Happy days ahead!

September BFP including Milk, we are 7 weeks and counting, our baby now has arms and legs, and lungs and kidneys as well as a healthy heart!  Wow we have been working hard havent we?

Anna - I must see a picture of your scan tomorow please????praying.gif

Can everyone put there next US appointment in bold please, then i can make a nice list for us, so we can all look forward to it.

I am 28 and a Show Dog Handlerdog2.gif from Cape Town, South Africa, my DH is 33 and we lost our angel3.gif baby at 14.5 weeks.  I have a DDhearts.gif of 9 and a DSbiggrinbounce.gif of 4.  We are finally expecting our rainbow1284.gifbaby babyboy.gif around 2nd June 2012!

0***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36***stork-boy.gif40

#310 of 514 Old 10-17-2011, 10:29 AM

Assuming that there's a HB...(sigh)...I will be sure to post a picture. My appt is at 9:00 but I have a dr's appt after that and may not be home before 11 (so don't worry if you don't hear from me right away).

I think Violet has her scan Wed the 19th and Zub has her's Thurs the 20th. Who else? Didn't someone have one on Friday??

I spent a good bit of time researching ways to calculate your miscarriage risk this morning. I want so badly to believe everything will be ok, but I'm already planning how to bury this one.

Wife to DH for 17 years, homeschooling mom to 3 girls (15, 13, 12), 2 boys (11, 7), and (13 wk mc 4/10/11), (13 week mc 12/12/11). baby girl 10/31/13. (11 wk mc 6/25/14). (6 wk mc 10/26/14)
#311 of 514 Old 10-17-2011, 12:16 PM

MAnna - I know how you feel. Even after the first ultrasound, when we got printouts of the pictures, I just thought, "well, that's something for the memory box when it all falls apart.". I hate that feeling. I hope you have nothing but a bright beating heartbeat light on that scan! Same goes to everyone getting their first scan soon.

My next scan is...not sure! I have to call and schedule it. It will be first week of (sigh) December. Can't believe it. I have one appointment 11/11 with my doctor, but no scan. The next scan will be the anatomy one...I'm totally nervous about it.

Rainey - don't worry about being tired, it's totally normal. I am still on the verge of falling asleep 40 times a day...

Zub - same for you re: tired. I am waiting for the supposed "2nd trimester energy boost" and all I can tell is my BRAIN is there, but my body is not. All I can do is THINK about all the things I want to get done, and then...not much. Sigh.

Violet and MAnna - your talk about dreams has me thinking about the crazy dreams I've been having. Unfortunately, they are the kind that wake you up gasping in the middle of the night. Argh. Nightmares are no fun. I'm hoping to have some just weird dreams, vs. insanely horrifying ones soon.

AFM - not much, so I'm hoping you guys are having a good, non-puking, non-inappropriately napping kind of day. :)

Living in a very large midwestern city with a wonderful guy, an AMAZING boy wonder, and 1 ancient cat. Missing our 2nd boy wonder, lost Feb 2011 during labor on his due date. Now possibly going back down the rabbit hole, with a BFP on 8/11/11, and a due date of April 10, 2012.

#312 of 514 Old 10-17-2011, 12:33 PM

hello ladies - Just doing my weekly check  up on you all! Good luck to all of you getting your scans!

MAnna - i had to comment on you last comment about calculating miscarriage rate - Dont go there! i went there once and i never will again altho it i sstill in my mind. I think that you have to try and stay positive and pray that you are one of three out of 4 that DONT have a miscarriage hug2.gif

Mom to a beautiful little girl ~age 4~ and adorable little boy ~age 3~ and wife to my main squeeze luxlove.gif
Two babes in heaven MC 6/23/10 at 8 weeks, MC 2/24/11 at 8 weeks, MC 3/2012 at 8 weeks ~ Praying for a rainbow1284.gif baby ~

#313 of 514 Old 10-17-2011, 12:51 PM

Corgi- Thanks for making the list.  My scan is this Wednesday Oct 19th.

I am so sick.  I can't believe how awful I feel.  My husband is taking some time off work today to help out.  What is with the weird feeling at the top of my throat?  Anyone else have that?  

Oh Matushka- that is so sad!  I did a similar thing and figured out my risk.  About 20% chance here of miscarrying.  But also a 80% chance of everything working out!  

Rainey- Well there you go, I thought maybe you had sex.  Back ache is also common with pregnancy.  Your ok!

Zubeldia- thanks for the info.  I am going to try to tough it out.  I can keep water down and can take a small bite of something bland.  I can also eat a bit of fruit.  It's not as dire as it could be.  My mom had a long talk with me about the benefits of nausea in early pregnancy.  Hope you are doing ok.

Thinking of all of you.  I think we have lots of scans this week.  Exciting!  And terrifying. 

Married to the man of my dreams since June 2000.  We are blessed with two magical children, a daughter born in the caul on June 2005 and a  rainbow1284.gifson born under water on June 2012.  

#314 of 514 Old 10-17-2011, 01:07 PM

You know, I was just thinking about this and if this little bean sticks and if my sister R's little bean sticks and my SIL K gets her take-home baby (which is likely)...then this little bean will have a cousin on each side close in age to it...the same as Bug!!

With Bug, it was my SIL S (wife of one of my bros) and my SIL K (yes, the same that is pregnant now, DH's brother's wife) who had little boys within months of Bug. It would be so very cool for this one to have a close cousin on each side of the family as well.

Married to my computer geek since 11.04.06. Mama to our little dude Bug (born 7.14.09, peanut allergy, asthma) and our rainbow baby girl Sweetpea (born 4.14.13). Forever missing my angel babies--Riley, Paisley, and Waverley!!

Decluttering my life...

#315 of 514 Old 10-17-2011, 01:19 PM

Rainey, how nice it will be to have cousins so close in age! DS has two cousin boys in the UK (one on my side one on DH's)... one is 6 weeks older and the other is 3 months! All their names begin with R, too! It was so much fun when we went back to the UK when DS was almost 1. It was lovely to see everyone.

MAnna, oh, I thought it was today... I will be sending all positive vibes down to you. Sending strength and love to get through the morning, and so excited to see a little scan picture.

Hey, Corgi! You didn't update about yourself! But MAnna is right, I have a scan on Thursday, October 20th at 7:30am. We'll all be going - DS, too. I didnt take him with the last baby but even if things aren't good DH will be there and I can hold things together. The shock didn't wear off for a while last time.

Ek, Oh, that's a long to time, mama. Hope the days go by quickly...

Violet, I really feel very conflicted about the medicine. Last time, even with meds, I only gained 13 pounds or so, so it's definitely something to watch out for... and in fact it's hydration more than anything. I still am very dehydrated because even with the meds I'm not able to drink much. Take good care, and don't be afraid to revisit the zofran if you're feeling even worse. I should say that B6 is really effective too.

Oof, and on that note I feel like I am about to be sick. I'm at my office desk and need to make it home soon. DH is out tonight so it's going to be a long night!

Oh, something really sweet. DS doesn't have many words, but when we were at the Drs on Friday he was pointing to baby pictures and saying 'BABY" in such a sweet way. And yesterday morning, when he woke up at his usual ungodly hour, he rolled over and gave me a kiss, and laughed and said 'baby'! I don't know if he is picking up on the baby talk (though we're really not talking about it). But I think he'll be a sweet big brother. Nursery also texted me a video of him playing with a 'baby'. it was so lovely. They were both giggling very hard!

#316 of 514 Old 10-17-2011, 02:34 PM

Zub-that is so cute!! My little guy isn't much of a talker yet either (though his chatter has increased tremendously lately, it's still not super intelligible). However, with the last pregnancy I think I told Bug only once or twice that mama was going to have a baby (and that was all after I was 6-7 weeks along)...and I patted my tummy when I told him.

Crazy kiddo, when I asked him last week if he wanted mama to have a baby, out of the blue ran over and started patting my tummy!! Since then he's patted it a few more times, chattered about "baby", and has even randomly come up and kissed my tummy!! How do they figure stuff out so quickly?!! It was over two months ago the last time I had mentioned a baby...and like I said, I only mentioned it once or twice to him!!

Decluttering my life...

#317 of 514 Old 10-17-2011, 03:02 PM

I forgot to mention: On Sunday when we were leaving the hall after coffee hour, DD (12) said, "I sure wish I had a little brother or sister." I turned around to her and smiled and said, "Well, you have four of them..." She said, "Yes, but I wish we had a baby."

I hope they'll be happy when we tell them! (:

I'm feeling better - thanks everyone. (: I wish DH were able to go with me tomorrow, but as I told him, at least it's not far from home (less than a mile).

#318 of 514 Old 10-17-2011, 03:10 PM

OH, MAnna, so sorry you're going on your own. BUT good that you're not far from home because sharing that good news is going to be so much fun! And very sweet about your daughter!

Aw, Rainey, that is very cute! Raf is increasing his words, too, though he is still a bit behind. We had him evaluated by the CDS and they thought he was fine, just a late bloomer, which I also think.

Here's a link to the little bit of video of DS entertaining his little friend :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1H9cC4G9D0g

#319 of 514 Old 10-17-2011, 04:21 PM

@ Corgi - I'm 19 weeks. smile.gif

Wife to DH, mama to bikenew.gif DD (7) ribboncesarean.gif, babyf.gif DS born 3/12 ribboncesarean.gif, and have had five early losses. angel1.gif
I have Stiff Person Syndrome and my other car is a candy apple red Rascal. Feel free to ask me about it. wheelchair.gif
#320 of 514 Old 10-17-2011, 04:53 PM

Zub: He's so precious!! I tell you something, little children are invaluable for entertaining babies! By the time we had #3, #s 1 and 2 would pretend to fall down and say "OUCH!" and #3 would die laughing. They would do this a million times and not get tired of it. This is how I would be able to fix dinner. (:

#321 of 514 Old 10-17-2011, 08:40 PM

Lots of cute, sweet posts!  

I am so sick.  Going to take zofran.  Just not able to do anything but be on the couch.  -Violet

#322 of 514 Old 10-17-2011, 08:56 PM

I'm so sorry V. I hope the zofran does the trick. A few things that work for me (and I did NOT have HG so I know this is mild) are sour lemon drops, Buffalo Rock ginger ale (the REAL DEAL, not just ginger flavoring), and ginger lotion. You don't have to worry about throwing the lotion back up - that's the advantage. I hope you feel better soon!! You too, Z!!

#323 of 514 Old 10-17-2011, 09:34 PM

Zofran was unfortunately my best friend during my pregnancy with DD. It didn't stop the gagging, but at least I wasn't vomiting all day. I carried gallon baggies, mints, and baby wipes with me everywhere before my doctor finally prescribed the Zofran. I'd lost 20 lbs by that point, but I was too sick to stand up for myself. I really hope it is helping, violetray. It is all so worth it in the end.

#324 of 514 Old 10-18-2011, 06:23 AM

What a big week full of u/s! I will have my 2nd u/s on Thursday the 20th. Good luck to everyone:)

Manna- I went to my first u/s appt by myself too. I wanted to though, I just didn't want to have an audiance, I wanted to be able to have some alone time in case it was bad news since my in-laws were visiting then and DD is almost 4 and very wise beyond her years. My last pregnancy that had a heartbeat, DD was with me for every appointment and kept telling me that she saw a baby inside my belly.... and my DH just processes things completely different...he views the world through "rose colored glasses".....and that's not very helpful to me sometimes. Anywho-  FX for you that you will have great news to share! The story you shared about your daughter was sweet!

Milk- How are you?

AFM- Not much to report..just waiting for my u/s on Thursday. Even though I feel like everything is okay, I'm still nervous that the growth will be behind or something. The last one I lost after seeing a heartbeat went like this - great numbers, heartbeat at 6 weeks and on track growth, heartbeat at 7 weeks and growth was a few days behind, no heartbeat at 8 weeks, we waited and my body did not start the miscarriage process so at 9 weeks I had a D&C so we could karyotype the baby. If things are still on track this week, I will feel like I can check another milestone off my list.

Stacey, wife to DH shine.gif, mom of DD (01/08) energy.gif and DD2 (05/12) dust.gif  1 furbaby dog2.gif and 7 angel babies angel1.gif. We goorganic.jpg familybed1.gif and drink lots of decaf green and herbal teapot2.GIF.

#325 of 514 Old 10-18-2011, 06:41 AM

Good luck this morning, MAnna!!! You know we are all with you.

Oh, Violet, it sounds miserable - and I honestly understand only too well. Last night I lay on the spare bed watching more TV and I just couldn't move. I took another zofran before I went to bed and I at least was able to sleep and not feel like death when I woke up. I just emailed with a friend who lost her baby in labor and who just had another lovely boy. She is really struggling to cope with this newborn stage, and I said to her that both truths could coexist: we can love and want these babies sooooo much, but it doesn't mean to say that things are not damn hard, And extreme nausea and vomiting is just plain hard and if you need the help then feel okay about seeking it out. Thinking of you hug2.gif

Camera, I'm so excited about your scan! You know we must have had similar due dates as I think I would be about 20 weeks right now.

Stacey, how are you feeling? I'll be watching for an update. I totally hear you on not taking anyone to the scan as I felt like that when I knew we wouldn't likely be receiving good news. I am so nervous about a repeat of last time, but you're right, all we can do is to reach these milestones and take some strength from them.

Milk, I miss you, woman. Are you lurking?? blowkiss.gif

Okay, off to a day of meetings. Oof.

#326 of 514 Old 10-18-2011, 06:55 AM

I know I have always come off light when it comes to 'morning sickness'. I rarely throw up - gag a lot - but mostly try to avoid triggers and suck down the lemon drops. I also tend not to drink anything before noon. That "sloshy" feeling makes me seasick. I think I'll go have a stick of string cheese for breakfast. I wasn't going to eat anything because of the butterflies in my stomach, but not eating makes the nausea 10x worse so I try to do the 'frequent small snacks' routine. The most hilarious, well, funny now but not then, experience I had with being sick was when I was taking care of a patient who was actively infarcting (heart attack). She kept throwing up - typical symptom - and every time she did I had to run into her bathroom and throw up. I would throw cold water on my face, take a deep breath and head out of her bathroom. When I did, off she would go and off I would go again. I had to ring the emergency cord from the bathroom for help getting out of there! Once I was out of her room I managed to stop throwing up but I was pretty dizzy by then. The ambulance came to transport her two blocks away to another hospital for an emergency heart cath and normally I would have accompanied her. I just couldn't get in the back of that bouncy ambulance and we sent another nurse and I took care of the rest of mine plus hers - about 20 patients. I have no idea how I made it through that night.

Suddenly the wait for the ultrasound doesn't feel so bad, lol!

#327 of 514 Old 10-18-2011, 08:27 AM

Manna- Great idea with the ginger lotion! What time is your appt this morning?

Zub- As far as how I'm feeling - I have nausea throughout the day and I have times where it gets really bad...I gag every morning, I gag in the shower, I gag when I brush my teeth, I still have no appetite...I know these are all good signs, but I will just feel better after having another u/s to confirm that everything is still good inside there...My appt on Thursday isn't until 3pm.  How are you doing?

Violet- Hope you are feeling better:)

Stacey, wife to DH shine.gif, mom of DD (01/08) energy.gif and DD2 (05/12) dust.gif  1 furbaby dog2.gif and 7 angel babies angel1.gif. We goorganic.jpg familybed1.gif and drink lots of decaf green and herbal teapot2.GIF.

#328 of 514 Old 10-18-2011, 10:28 AM

U/s ok - measured 6wks 4 days, hb 117 (is that good enough??). I must have implanted later than expected. Due date based on u/s is 6/8/12 (so I'm still 6 weeks).

Here's a picture:
6wk 4d 002.JPG

The arrow is pointing to baby, the thing to the lower left of it is the yolk sac.

I had a miserable appointment. This is the same doctor that was insisting on a D&C and wouldn't give me anything to help me deliver at home. He was significantly shocked when I DID deliver at home, placenta intact. I had prepared myself for this to be an appt with an 'old school' doctor, but he was very condescending. He said my chances were "50/50", which is not scientifically/statistically correct. He said, "You already have five children..." and kept stressing my "advanced maternal age" (just turned 37). I feel like he is not in my court. I cried for 20 minutes when I got home and DH has insisted I look around for another doctor. I'm looking right now. A doctor I worked with while she was a resident, then chief resident, moved to a city 1hr and 20 minutes from here (just after I moved here - we were both from **********) and is practicing as an OBGYN. I'm going to try to get in with her, even if it's that far away. I'll be damned if I'm going to be treated like this and given no hope.

#329 of 514 Old 10-18-2011, 10:33 AM

Matushka- Beautiful picture!  That Dr. sounds horrible.  So awful!  I am so sorry that he was so negative.  Find another Dr.  Tons of women have babies in their late 30's.  Wish I could give you a big huge hug.  Glad you saw that heartbeat!  -Violet

#330 of 514 Old 10-18-2011, 10:55 AM

MAnna- First, awesome u/s, great news! Second, I personally want to go and give your a doctor a piece of my mind......you need a doctor that will be honest, but give you hope and support. I have so many friends who have had healthy kiddos in their late 30's..I can think of 3 friends off the top of my head who had healthy babies at 39, so pay no attention to your ignorant doctor. I actually don't like even thinking about stats.....according to stats I'm in the 1% of women who have had 3 or more losses in a row, my RE told me that after someone has had 3 or more losses in a row, stats remain the same for each pregnancy - 60% success rate. Anywho, I'm not a big fan of stats...I just think each person and pregnancy is different:)

I can relate your situation...I have had so many doctors and others say to me" you already have 1 child..you should just be happy" and I had an OB tell me that I should just be happy with my DD or consider adopting....my current OB is awesome and is always supportive, positive and has been an inspiration, but is also honest with me. People in general, including doctors can just be so cruel sometimes! You need to find a new doctor STAT! Maybe the OB you know who is far away can recommend someone who is closer...just a thought if you didn't want to make the drive:) HUGS to you and congrats on the u/s!!!!

Tags
Pregnancy

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page