Expecting our RAINBOW babies - graduates of "hoping, healing & conceiving again" tread 2011 - Page 5 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#121 of 514 Old 09-30-2011, 09:50 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Oh z, the first trimester seems to be full of terror no matter what. Even more so when you've actually experienced the cause of the terror. I have no words of wisdom or any idea why your hair would be coming out like that, only love & hugs to offer in that category. I can tell you until 4.5-5 weeks my nausea faded in & out day to day, but by 5-5.5 weeks I knew when the clock struck 2 because that's when the nausea crept in (& lasted until bedtime, many times worse once I was in bed). Before the 5.5 week mark my nausea would come & go through the day. Try try to stay positive. Let me ask this - with my m/c, I had a feeling things were never right. I tried to ignore it, but I did have a feeling. I never got the feeling this time - I was worried & unsure, but when I searched myself it was more out of fear than a "knowing". If you can release the fear, what do you feel? Thinking of you - call your doc & see if they'll do one more blood draw if it'll ease your mind. Much love.

mama to ds 6, dd 4, & ds who arrived March 2012

#122 of 514 Old 09-30-2011, 09:56 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

And remember, some of us haven't even had the first hint of nausea. I'm only a day away from you due-date wise (I think). They're right - it fades in and out at first until it settles in comfortably. (And hair goes through cycles that hormones only accentuate so it just may be a "perfect storm".)

Wife to DH for 16 years, Mom to 4 girls (15, 13, 12 and 8 months), 2 boys (10, 7), and (13 wk mc 4/10/11), (13 week mc 12/12/11). (11 wk mc 6/25/14)
#123 of 514 Old 09-30-2011, 10:02 AM

This is off topic but I really need to vent. My dog has had an upset stomach the past 2 nights & 2 nights in a row I've woken up to the smell of sick dog poo. So gross. So I have to get up & clean it up & let her out (for what seems like forever) & then finally make it back to bed. Hubby has been great & gets up & cleans it with me. Cover with baking soda, back to bed. Last night when I was almost back to sleep, nearly an hour after waking, I smelled it *again*. Sigh. I cleaned it up again. I'm totally stressed out because we have someone staying with the dogs while we were on vacation but I can't possibly expect someone to clean up these disgusting messes. Plus, my super nose is still smelling it even though I've done 2 rounds of baking soda. I want to go home to get her probiotics, but I've been at our old house waiting on a guy to come do work for 4.5 hours. I also need to go pack. Ugh, sorry for the off topic just needed to get it off my chest. Hubby has called from work to say he'll help as much as he can when he gets home, which is nice.

mama to ds 6, dd 4, & ds who arrived March 2012

#124 of 514 Old 09-30-2011, 11:31 AM - Thread Starter

Anna - I forgot it was your due date today (or is it tomorow). Hugs and love!

I am 28 and a Show Dog Handlerdog2.gif from Cape Town, South Africa, my DH is 33 and we lost our angel3.gif baby at 14.5 weeks.  I have a DDhearts.gif of 9 and a DSbiggrinbounce.gif of 4.  We are finally expecting our rainbow1284.gifbaby babyboy.gif around 2nd June 2012!

0***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36***stork-boy.gif40

#125 of 514 Old 09-30-2011, 11:32 AM

I know I said on the summer baby loss thread that you wouldn't catch me complaining if I could just get a sticky baby and I'm gonna try to hold myself to that as far as pregnancy stuff goes. 

However, if we are venting about other stuff, how's this? I wish I could get my kidlet to sit still long enough to do a complete breathing treatment!! I'm feeling so cruddy right now from this stupid head cold that I just don't have the strength to fight with him about it. He sat there like a trooper for half the treatment and then refused any more. I am giving up on it for now. The doctor said to do three treatments a day through Monday, and he's had 1.5 so far today (and that's only cause DH had a delivery over this way and stopped in long enough to get kidlet to do the second half of his first treatment). I just want him to nap so I can nap and hopefully kick this cold's butt!!

As far as baby stuff, I just called the nurse midwife group that my midwife friend recommended (at this point I think we are leaning toward as natural of a hospital birth as is possible...what with the last minute complications around Bug's birth, my trip back to the hospital with an eclamptic seizure three days after getting home, as well as the two miscarriages in a row). They can't get me in to get my levels tested till a week from Tuesday (October 11)...so I'm gonna be a nervous wreck I think till then!!

Married to my computer geek since 11.04.06. Mama to our little dude Bug (born 7.14.09, peanut allergy, asthma) and our rainbow baby girl Sweetpea (born 4.14.13). Forever missing my angel babies--Riley, Paisley, and Waverley!!

Decluttering my life...

#126 of 514 Old 09-30-2011, 11:50 AM

Zub- Thinking of you!  Sending you lots of love!  Hope you feel some peace and relief soon.

Sommer-  I have wondered about the privacy aspect of this site.  I don't know about the trolls and I don't like the idea of anyone being cruel to people who are just trying to be healthy and happy! It's a small world and I wouldn't be surprised if someone I know happened across this thread.  Hopefully they found this thread because they are expecting again also!  I have dear friends who are trying to get pregnant, one special friend who miscarried the same time I did.  

I would like to do a bead exchange.  How shall we go about that?  

I had my first appointment at the pregnancy center.  I had a negative pregnancy test at planned parenthood yesterday, just to update if anyone missed that.  I KNOW i'm pregnant.  They use the dollar store tests.  So at the pregnancy center I brought my morning pee in a cup and had a positive test!!!  Yay!  My estimated due date is June 10th.  My last period was Sept 4th, I reread my journal last night to verify.  I wrote that is was really heavy, heavier than ever before.  My body has changed because of the miscarriage.  

Only real symptom is extreme exhaustion.  I took a nap yesterday which is not something I ever do, I'm too wound up.  I have no desire to drink coffee or have any wine.  Both sound revolting, also very unusual behavior for me.  I need to start walking and riding my bike more.  What are you all doing for exercise?

Married to the man of my dreams since June 2000.  We are blessed with two magical children, a daughter born in the caul on June 2005 and a  rainbow1284.gifson born under water on June 2012.  

#127 of 514 Old 09-30-2011, 11:58 AM

Zub- How are you? My nausea comes and goes too...it gets heavy then at other times I feel fine, just exhausted. HUGS to you, hang in there:)

Stacey, wife to DH shine.gif, mom of DD (01/08) energy.gif and DD2 (05/12) dust.gif  1 furbaby dog2.gif and 7 angel babies angel1.gif. We goorganic.jpg familybed1.gif and drink lots of decaf green and herbal teapot2.GIF.

#128 of 514 Old 09-30-2011, 01:31 PM

Hi guys- Just popping my head in to say hello!!!! I'll be here sometime soon... I can just feel it. smile.gif

MAnna- Thinking of you today. I read the letter on your blog, and it was absolutely beautiful. I loved the part where you talked about the wishes you had for your birth that were fulfilled... it just seemed so sacred the way you worded it. hug2.gif The ending was lovely as well. I'm crying now just thinking of it. You are gifted with words! 

Mama to Iris (01/10) and Gus (08/13)
angel.gifangel.gifangel.gifangel.gifangel.gif
#129 of 514 Old 09-30-2011, 01:59 PM

Thank you honey. I have felt very loved today - many people have reached out in emails and other ways to "be there". happytears.gif

Wife to DH for 16 years, Mom to 4 girls (15, 13, 12 and 8 months), 2 boys (10, 7), and (13 wk mc 4/10/11), (13 week mc 12/12/11). (11 wk mc 6/25/14)
#130 of 514 Old 09-30-2011, 05:44 PM

MAnna, beautiful words do your dear boy. He is so loved.

Thanks, everyone. I am just in a terrible place right now. I don't usually have a lot of anxiety so this just feels so crazy and unmanageable. The truth is I don't know if this feels the same, better, doomed.. I had hyperemsis with DS so my nausea was so extreme by this point and today I have felt a wave here and there but that is it. It felt much worse last week, before I even knew I was definitely pregnant. I keep trying to rationalize things: so, my hair falling out is perhaps related to the hormonal upheavals from the miscarriage because, perhaps, if I'd lost the baby since my last beta then it's hard to imagine that it would have such a quick impact on my hair? Maybe? I don't know. And then I realized I'm still taking a 100mg of B6 (didn't do that before) and I'm wondering if that's helping with the nausea.. preempting it? I have forgotten to take it now and again so now I'm madly trying to remember if my nausea days coincide with this.

I have descended into crazy. I am so sorry for being such a rubbish friend to you all as I just can't seem to see past this. I'm already googling recurrent miscarriage. Oof.

But I am thinking of you Corgi, Stacey, MAnna, Sommer, Violet, Camera, milk (if you're lurking), and everyone in fact.

jog.gif   mama to DS 7/09 and married to DH bikenew.gif

#131 of 514 Old 09-30-2011, 06:06 PM

Zubeldia:

((((((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))))))))))

#132 of 514 Old 09-30-2011, 06:30 PM

Hi Mamas- Do you all faith?  Whatever great spirit you need, this is the time to use it.  We can do all we can do- vitamins, blood work, de-stress, think positive thoughts, but the outcome is out of our control.  

During my last miscarriage, when I was completely falling apart, two of my wisest girlfriends told me that they grew spiritually after their miscarriages.  I now know what they meant.  Anybody else experience that?  

Thinking of you Zubeldia and hoping and praying your anxiety subsides.  

-Violet

Married to the man of my dreams since June 2000.  We are blessed with two magical children, a daughter born in the caul on June 2005 and a  rainbow1284.gifson born under water on June 2012.  

#133 of 514 Old 09-30-2011, 11:40 PM - Thread Starter

Z - If it makes you feel ANY better - I also dont feel any symptoms yet - and it DOES bother me a bit.

HUGS to all, going to a wildlife ranch with kids today!!! Ye

I am 28 and a Show Dog Handlerdog2.gif from Cape Town, South Africa, my DH is 33 and we lost our angel3.gif baby at 14.5 weeks.  I have a DDhearts.gif of 9 and a DSbiggrinbounce.gif of 4.  We are finally expecting our rainbow1284.gifbaby babyboy.gif around 2nd June 2012!

#134 of 514 Old 10-01-2011, 03:03 AM

(((((zubedelia)))))hug2.gif

#135 of 514 Old 10-01-2011, 07:57 AM

Welcome, cappuccinosmom!

Good morning everyone!

Still no symptoms!! I may have had a little heartburn last night at bedtime, but I think I can blame that on the food instead. I'm determined not to worry about it. I'm sure I'll be sick soon enough. I do have to keep going back and looking at the test (well, the photos now) to "prove" to myself I'm pregnant because I still don't really feel it. And there's the perennial checking for blood, of course.

I can't believe how many little June bugs we're expecting!

#136 of 514 Old 10-01-2011, 09:08 AM

Zubeldia- How are you doing?  

#137 of 514 Old 10-01-2011, 04:49 PM

Hi Everyone, thanks for being so kind. I promise I'm not usually such a lunatic! I took a much lower dose of B6 last night and woke up feeling sicker, which honestly was just a relief. I felt SOOOO good yesterday that I really felt that this was it. Today has been a rough day feeling sick and tired but of course I'll take that over anything else.

How is everyone else doing?

I am really, really behind at work now. I'm going to grading papers and presentations for the foreseeable future, which is no fun except that I'm hoping it takes my mind of things. We're also in the process of building a house and it's really coming along. Lots of distractions, but still very difficult to think of anything but this.

Hope everyone gets a chance to check in. xx

#138 of 514 Old 10-01-2011, 05:14 PM

Matushka- your letter to Innocent is BEAUTIFUL!  I love your blog.  I especially love the meaning behind "praying with my feet."  

Zub- Glad you feel sick!  Although not every healthy pregnancy has morning sickness.  So we shouldn't fret if we feel ok.  

I am still so tired.  And everything smells gross.  

Sommer- Dog poop story was Guh-ross.  Sorry you had to have that happen.  Hope you are having better days smile.gif

Smbcoffee-  You have an extra special place in my heart because we were in the same DDC.  I am impressed and admire your good attitude.  I'll be jumping for JOY when you join us.

At my daughter's soccer game today, I had another conversation with a mom who had a healthy baby, then a miscarriage, then another healthy baby.  It's so common.  Just baffles me that we have to go through this.  Oh life.  

#139 of 514 Old 10-01-2011, 08:11 PM

Oh, I am so, so tired.

I got all the bags of winter clothes, blankets, sheets, coats, etc., down from the attic (have to climb up and down those pull-down stairs on the porch) and took about six boxes and a few other things back up. THEN sorted all the children's clothes. My youngest has put on almost every single thing I took out of a bag for him. My living room looks like an EF5 tornado hit it. Ok, slight exageration. EF4.

I've cooked, cleaned, baked something for church tomorrow, washed dishes (dishwasher has been broken for a few months - I'm ok with that), got groceries, put together a bag of hand-me-downs for a family at church and I don't know what else. I'm TIRED.

I FINALLY got the boys to bed (sweet but persistent) and taped plastic over a window one of the girls broke earlier (yay) - in their room. My oldest is sleeping in a sleeping bag on her bed because I didn't realize she didn't put clean sheets on it yet and I was too tired to make her do it at 9:30 at night. It can be done tomorrow. Sigh.

Boy am I whiny tonight! Actually, I'm just really looking forward to climbing into something comfortable (Ha ha - no BD on nights before Liturgy so I can wear whatever I want and "pooh!" to DH who likes me in, um, "nicer" things.), climbing into bed and reading until I fall asleep. Actually, that is one thing I've realized is different (a la pregnancy symptom) - I've been so tired lately I've fallen asleep with the lamp on. I also noticed I was getting tired of standing during church tonight (we don't sit much) and that's another sign. It's a relief to be having some symptoms. I keep thinking "blighted ovum" - I'm not really pregnant any more but haven't started bleeding yet.

Ok a few persies:

violetray: I'm glad you liked it! It wasn't supposed to be a literary work of genius or anything. Just from the heart. It's nice that someone enjoys my blog too. (: It's a bit eclectic and kind of inaccessible to a lot of folks. Not on purpose; I guess it's just like me. I too have been floored by how common miscarriage is. If it's so dang common, how come no one knows how to deal with it when it hits them? Why is it such a dirty secret? This really upsets me.

zubeldia: I'm so glad you're feeling sick!!! (LOL! Where else are you going to read that?)

corgi: I hope you had fun today! That sounded great.

Hi everyone else! I hope everyone gets a little rest this weekend.

#140 of 514 Old 10-01-2011, 08:31 PM

Wow! MAnna - That isn't complaining, that's venting. Sounds like a crazy day! I don't know if this helps or not, but I haven't had that many pregnancy symptoms this time. I had hyperemesis with DD, but have only vomited 2-3 times with this pregnancy and I'm at 17 weeks now. Frankly, I was scared because I had MORE symptoms with the miscarried pregnancy. I had a flare up from my muscle rigidity issue, but really have only had some round ligament pain the past few weeks, and some constipation/gas occasionally. (I'm not sure what happened with the miscarriage, but I do know my lining was thin and by the time I started bleeding, I had no corpus luteum. I did pass some placenta, though.)

Wife to DH, mama to bikenew.gif DD (7) ribboncesarean.gif, babyf.gif DS born 3/12 ribboncesarean.gif, and have had five early losses. angel1.gif
I have Stiff Person Syndrome and my other car is a candy apple red Rascal. Feel free to ask me about it. wheelchair.gif
#141 of 514 Old 10-01-2011, 08:43 PM

The problem is, I don't really know when I started getting nauseated with my last pregnancy (mc). Our whole house had the stomach flu and I got it last. It morphed from throwing up every 20 minutes on the dot and being so exhausted I couldn't stand up straight to simply having morning sickness. I'm not sure when one stopped and the other started! I think I tend not to start getting food aversions, nausea, etc., until 6 weeks. One more week! (Frankly, I'll be DELIGHTED to be sick. At least I'll feel pregnant.)

#142 of 514 Old 10-02-2011, 05:08 AM

Zub- Glad you are feeling pregnant:) When do you go back to your OB?

Manna- Glad you are having some symptoms too, every pregnancy is so different. I'm sure you know that though:) When is your first appt?

AFM-

Not much to report. Breasts are heavy and tender, my stomach is uneasy with waves of nausea and I'm very tired. All good signs, but at the same time I've had 2 losses where all my hormones were in normal range and never dropped on their own.....had to have medical intervention, so I'm still pretty nervous, but I guess all I can do is focus on what I do know right now. I do feel prego, so far my numbers are good..I go again tomorrow for a 3rd beta, results tuesday. Then u/s on the 11th. As long as I keep making small steps in the right directions, I am happy. If all is good on the u/s, which  should show 6-61/2 prego, I will will get another at 7 weeks and at 8 weeks then I will have to wait til the nuchal test.....which for me, is very important:)

Stacey, wife to DH shine.gif, mom of DD (01/08) energy.gif and DD2 (05/12) dust.gif  1 furbaby dog2.gif and 7 angel babies angel1.gif. We goorganic.jpg familybed1.gif and drink lots of decaf green and herbal teapot2.GIF.

#143 of 514 Old 10-02-2011, 11:45 AM - Thread Starter

Hi everyone,

Slshe - my breasts are swollen, but not really tender.  I don't really FEEL pregnant, but do have slight bouts of nausea but not so bad.

I also cannot remember when I started symptomss with last pregnancy, but I do remember with DS I had heartburn from like 8PO.

#144 of 514 Old 10-02-2011, 12:27 PM

Hi all,

Stacey, I will be channeling high beta numbers your way tomorrow! Given how many of your losses have not had good numbers, this seems like a really good start. I know it's going to be a long couple of months, though. How are you doing today?

Corgi, I've experienced symptoms fairly early with all pregnancies but there are so apt to come and go in the beginning. Since I'm still breastfeeding I'm not seeing any major changes except sorer nipples and slightly tender breasts when you given them a squeeze (I have been walking around squeezing boobs a lot this week bag.gif) I am feeling queasy today but not nearly as badly as yesterday - but im trying to remember how it was with DS. I am tired, mind you, and have done zero exercise except yoga and walking. I also have quite bad lower backache and a bit of cramping. Hopefully it's just all normal stuff.

Who have you guys told? I lurked on the new DDC (what happened to putting them under I'm Pregnant? It's under Groups') but I can;t bring myself to post. This all feels very unreal. And it's really raining here. very fed up of the weather.

#145 of 514 Old 10-02-2011, 01:00 PM

I added myself to the DDC that is under "Groups."  You have to join to be able to add yourself the group.  Maybe whoever set it up, did it that way because of privacy.  Although I am a bit clueless with the inner workings of Mothering.  Speaking of, is there a place on here to figure out what all the acronyms stand for?   

Zubeldia- I've told my husband, mother, daughter (I said "Guess what?" with meaning to say "I love you!" like I do 20x a day.  But when I said "I love you!"  She said, "Ahhh, I thought you were going to tell me something exciting."  So I then told her the big news.  She is super excited.  We are so close and around each other constantly, she would just know anyhow."  I also told six friends.  I want to tell everybody but I won't. I wrote this on here somewhere else but I'll write it again- the woman who was the midwife when I was born told me that she thinks it's odd that most woman my age don't tell anyone that they are pregnant until the second trimester.  The first trimester is so hard and we need understanding!  

My family went out to breakfast and a waitress was pregnant, showing and so cute and glowing.  She said she was due in January.  greensad.gif  I was due in February and would be showing like that now.  Told myself I wasn't going to think about it but....it all happens for a reason and that baby either wasn't ready or wasn't meant to be.  

Hope you all are well!  Or sick!  -Violet

#146 of 514 Old 10-02-2011, 02:44 PM

So scared right now!! It hasn't even seemed real the last two days...I've gone back and looked at my test and the pics I took of it just to convince myself that it's real a few times. I told my husband yesterday that I think I'm gonna be scared stiff the whole way through. It did NOT help that today I had a couple stringy brown bits on the paper when I wiped. I absolutely started freaking out and crying "Oh God, no...not this one too"!! I haven't seen anything in a few hours, but it's still freaking me out a bit. I don't know how I'm gonna wait till a week from Tuesday to see anyone and get my hormone levels tested. I may call back to the nurse midwives group tomorrow and see if there is any way for me to be seen sooner.

I've still been fighting this stupid head cold crud too. It REALLY hit me by Friday afternoon. I laid down for a nap after getting Bug down for his and had the hardest time rousing myself up after that. Fortunately, DH was on his way home within 20 minutes of Bug getting up and he took over everything that evening and let me just sleep. He even slept on the couch the past two nights so I could sleep better (though I was feeling enough better by last night to kinda miss him being there in the bed). I had a gagging, pukey kinda feeling both Friday evening and yesterday evening...could have been from being sick, but as weird as it sounds, I really actually hope that it was "morning" sickness...and that it continues so that I know things are going okay. 

I'm just all kinds of emotional about this...I just don't think I could handle ANOTHER loss. That would be three in eight months time and I really think I might not be able to handle it emotionally if this one doesn't stick. I'm still in the time frame for being pregnant with Riley (due date was November 3rd) as well as with Paisley (due date was March 13th). I know there are a few ladies who've lost even more little ones in a row...but it's awful no matter how many it's been. Please just pray, cross your fingers, or whatever you do and hope that this little bean sticks GOOD!!

Married to my computer geek since 11.04.06. Mama to our little dude Bug (born 7.14.09, peanut allergy, asthma) and our rainbow baby girl Sweetpea (born 4.14.13). Forever missing my angel babies--Riley, Paisley, and Waverley!!

Decluttering my life...

#147 of 514 Old 10-02-2011, 02:47 PM

Hi there - I thought I'd post an update. I'm back from Boston (whew) but DH is still in CA until tomorrow afternoon - and I'm unreasonably afraid he'll get in a plane crash..sigh. Just waiting and hoping for that call when he's landed...

Anyway, I'm in a funk. I guess. I'm 12 weeks today. DS1 is crazy overtired and I'm completely wiped from this trip - family was pretty much no help (just my dad, really...he's great at critiquing parenting choices but not understanding that it would be nice for him to watch my child for 5 minutes while I can shower, instead of waiting until it works with his schedule and not understanding why I haven't showered by 1pm...sheesh! Also, the family either not talked about my pregnancy at all or said, "you're so tense. Why are you so tense? You need to relax."Whaa???!? My dad especially said to me, "I don't know you anymore, I prefer you old happy-go-lucky self". My sister (who wasn't there) said that men especially don't get it - I don't know...sigh. Bright spot was one aunt who I thought would be totally not understanding, and who really actually wanted to TALK about my loss with me...and my grandmother, who is always fabulous.

Anyway, sorry this is AAM. I think I'm just over tired. Posted a somewhat crazy note on the freakout thread, and trying to be a little more together...sigh.

I hope everyone else's day is going okay. I'll post later (probably tomorrow) when I have a night's sleep...

Living in a very large midwestern city with a wonderful guy, an AMAZING boy wonder, and 1 ancient cat. Missing our 2nd boy wonder, lost Feb 2011 during labor on his due date. Now possibly going back down the rabbit hole, with a BFP on 8/11/11, and a due date of April 10, 2012.

#148 of 514 Old 10-02-2011, 03:29 PM

oh, ek, it sounds really, really hard (understatement of the century). I wish that your family understood more and could empathize. But seriously, you lost a baby - a full term, beautiful baby - your life has been transformed, and to think that you;d be your happy-go-lucky old self is so damn despairing. I can definitely talk 'crazy' so no need to censor yourself, ek.

Tex, oh, the agony of this is too much. I am right there with you, mama. I wish it was more simple and straightforward. I really cannot believe I'm pregnant and, frankly, every time I do focus in on it I get too frightened because I feel so much more what I will lose. Try not to worry about the brown stringy stuff... it's so normal.

Violet, I really do agree with your midwife friend. I want my friends around me to hold me up if this ends in a loss. Yet, this time, I'm having difficulty sharing this news even though I probably would quite like to. I have told one sister, one friend, my boss (sort of weird but she is new to the university and when I had my recent loss she was so kind and sent flowers, and so forth). I may tell another friend this week... I just don't know. It's much harder to forget about it if I tell too many people. Gah, I so want to enjoy this.

Corgi, thinking of you.

MAnna, you've been quiet over here. Check in when you can, Mama.

Everyone, check in!!

Today I did pee on a few sticks. One pregnancy test and one digital opk. I was stupidly nervous but it was nice to see the line come up dark as soon as the pee hit the strip. I so want this, and yet it is so hard to believe that there will be a baby in June. I have basically stopped working out except yoga as I am so worried about doing anything to harm this baby, and this of course increases my insanity as it is a major help in coping. But, I am trying to come up with things to cheer me up, distract me, make me laugh. Any ideas/? I must admit that I spend a lot of time youtubing old favourite comedy moments and this amuses me and DH no end. I quite like the Whole Food Parking lot spoof video at the moment. Any suggestions?

I am also in grading hell, which is yuck,

#149 of 514 Old 10-02-2011, 04:11 PM

Texas- Hugs, it's just not an easy journey. I've had 6 losses in the past 2 years....I met someone after I had my 3rd loss and she had gone through 6 losses...I was so sad for her and just couldn't imagine it..now I've past that with 7 total. I'm not saying my situation is any worse than yours..believe me, 1 loss is more than  enough for anyone to go through and I know you've had 2 in a row. It sucks, it's not fair. I wish I had a crystal ball to predict a healthy outcome for everyone...but, I do promise that you will make it through this.  I never thought I would be able to handle this, but somehow I'm still here and pregnant again ready for the gamble. Hang in there, I hope you get in to see your midwife sooner than expected. I just want all of us to be holding our beautiful rainbow children and to be able to share our success stories to help and inspire others.

Zub - Yes, so far my numbers are good, I do have a good feeling, but this is my 4th pregnancy (not counting DD) with good numbers....so I'm still pretty nervous. I've had 3 chemicals that I lost right around 5 weeks..which are still emotionally tough, I don't want to take anything away from having a chemical pregnancy, but my other losses were complete surprises after making great progress. I like the fact that my OB takes me seriously, but getting my betas is so nerve racking when I have to wait 24 hours for results...the last time she called with my numbers, I broke out in a hot sweat and was so nervous. Man, I just want to fast forward time...I want to see the heartbeat 3 weeks in a row and pass the nuchal screening with rainbow colors...okay, I'll stop ranting....when do you go again? As far as taking my mind off of this pregnancy..hmmmm - I try to keep busy with DD, hang out with friends, walk my dog, watch a funny or romantic movie...okay, I'm pretty boring these days..sorry! haha

Manna- Hey, there! How are you?

AFM- Like I haven't said enough about me already..hehe. My in-laws come this week. I have an odd relationship with my MIL...have you seen the show "everybody loves raymond"....well thats how I'm treated..luckily I only have to deal with it 1x a year. They don't know anything about this pregnancy..my DH is not really close with his family, so they don't really know most of what goes on. My MIL told me that I needed to pray more and that I wasn't in control......I told her that I didn't think that my 7 losses was God's plan to teach me about not being in control and if it was then that's just mean....anywho, as you can see, it will be an interesting week. They will be here during my u/s appt as well.... As far as people who know, I've only told DH of course, my mom and a few good friends....I may tell more people after 13 weeks, but I don't want to tell too many people because if something happens then I have to untell everyone as well. I won't tell DD until much later. I'm trying to think positive and take it day by day:)

#150 of 514 Old 10-02-2011, 04:23 PM

Oof, Stacey, that sounds so tough with your MIL. I am not a religious person but I find it difficult to fathom why people of faith spout off like that. It's so not okay. Good luck with the visit and remember we'll be here with you! I'm also finding DS a complete lifeline at the moment.He is such a big baby - very young for his age - and he's totally loving and sweet. Would love a little sibling for him. We won't even attempt to tell him until I'm showing. He'll have no concept before then.

I next see my Dr on October 14th. I emailed her to ask whether I should be going for my scan before i see her or the week after (she's a family Dr and the fetal maternal place where I have my scans is elsewhere). On the one hand I am desperate for it to be over already, on the other hand I don't want to go through what I went through before with multiple scans and nothing very definitive. Come on November!!!!

Tags
Pregnancy

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page