Expecting our RAINBOW babies - graduates of "hoping, healing & conceiving again" tread 2011 - Page 7 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#181 of 514 Old 10-04-2011, 07:21 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm totally thread crashing here, BUT was away from TTC thread for such a long time I never really got to give proper CONGRATULATIONS to many of you.

I'm so incredibly happy for all of you ladies.  You are in my thoughts and prayers daily.  Here's to a healthy, happy 9 months and beyond!  joy.gif

And PS:  just so you know, I will be lurking.  lurk.gif       (or hopefully joining you soon!)

caffix.gifChristine: Mama to bouncy.gif  DS 04/17/08  *Infant Stroke Survivor*  Always remembering:  brokenheart.gifbrokenheart.gifbrokenheart.gif

Took a 'break' from TTC and look what happened:  2ndtri.gif!!!!    praying.gif  for a healthy, full term baby to be born August 2012!!  Hoping for a vbac.gif!

#182 of 514 Old 10-04-2011, 08:02 PM

Rainey Daye-- As for your email account, you can always set up a new email address, tell everyone that you can think of, then have your old email address forwarded to your new one. That way you don't miss anything! I've changed my email address sooooooo many times. :-)

Mama to Iris (01/10) and Gus (08/13)
angel.gifangel.gifangel.gifangel.gifangel.gif
#183 of 514 Old 10-05-2011, 04:55 AM - Thread Starter

Im officially freaking out now, OB office just called to tell me 'yes it looks like you are pregnant'.  To witch I replied, yes I know, what is my BETA's?  The receptionist replied ' 320'.  That is what it was last Monday!!!  OB in theatre and will call me back later.  I am histerical.

And to top it all my car broke down on my way home this morning and me and DS had to carry all our shopping home.

Help please.......

I am 28 and a Show Dog Handlerdog2.gif from Cape Town, South Africa, my DH is 33 and we lost our angel3.gif baby at 14.5 weeks.  I have a DDhearts.gif of 9 and a DSbiggrinbounce.gif of 4.  We are finally expecting our rainbow1284.gifbaby babyboy.gif around 2nd June 2012!

0***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36***stork-boy.gif40

#184 of 514 Old 10-05-2011, 05:38 AM

Corgi- Ok, sounds like the receptionist gave you the wrong results....considering it was the EXACT same number and she was letting you know that it looks like you're pregnant....with my second beta results my OB had to call the lab to track them down because they weren't in the computer yet..maybe the same thing is going on with you. Hang in there:) KUP Hope your doctor calls very soon to clarify everything. So sorry you are going through this....you don't need any added drama!!!

AFM- I'm still waiting on my 3rd Beta results....I left my OB a message since she didn't call yesterday, just hope she returns my call before 5pm today.....ahhhh

Stacey, wife to DH shine.gif, mom of DD (01/08) energy.gif and DD2 (05/12) dust.gif  1 furbaby dog2.gif and 7 angel babies angel1.gif. We goorganic.jpg familybed1.gif and drink lots of decaf green and herbal teapot2.GIF.

#185 of 514 Old 10-05-2011, 05:42 AM - Thread Starter

I called yesterday and asked if they got new results - so it is the new results, I made her go look at my file and she got my old results were there.

Im falling appart right now.

I am 28 and a Show Dog Handlerdog2.gif from Cape Town, South Africa, my DH is 33 and we lost our angel3.gif baby at 14.5 weeks.  I have a DDhearts.gif of 9 and a DSbiggrinbounce.gif of 4.  We are finally expecting our rainbow1284.gifbaby babyboy.gif around 2nd June 2012!

#186 of 514 Old 10-05-2011, 06:33 AM

Corgi- I'm sorry, I just don't know. I've never heard of numbers staying the same...I always thought that they either go up or down...maybe you can have another blood draw to determine what is going on? I'm sooooo sorry for the confusion. HUGS!

Stacey, wife to DH shine.gif, mom of DD (01/08) energy.gif and DD2 (05/12) dust.gif  1 furbaby dog2.gif and 7 angel babies angel1.gif. We goorganic.jpg familybed1.gif and drink lots of decaf green and herbal teapot2.GIF.

#187 of 514 Old 10-05-2011, 06:50 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Corgi: I'm sending you big hugs. I don't know what's going on, but the odds of the number being exactly the same are infintessimal. If it were even two or three off I would feel more convinced. Is your doctor going to call today? The clerk might not realize how bizarre the "results" are, but the doctor would. I feel like your old labs got printed off again or something.

Wife to DH for 16 years, Mom to 4 girls (15, 13, 12 and 8 months), 2 boys (10, 7), and (13 wk mc 4/10/11), (13 week mc 12/12/11). (11 wk mc 6/25/14)
#188 of 514 Old 10-05-2011, 06:53 AM

Oh CorgiMommy- How frustrating!  What an awful day.  I am sending you a HUGE hug and praying for clarity and a healthy baby.  

With lots and lots of love- Violet

Married to the man of my dreams since June 2000.  We are blessed with two magical children, a daughter born in the caul on June 2005 and a  rainbow1284.gifson born under water on June 2012.  

#189 of 514 Old 10-05-2011, 07:19 AM

oh, corgi, I honestly can't believe that these results are accurate. Surely there must be some mix-up either with your Dr's office or the lab. It doesn't seem remotely reasonable that they would be the same. I hope you get some answers fast. Sending hugs.

Calebsmommy... from the looks of things you could very well be joining us!? I'm stalking you luxlove.gif

Stacey, what are they thinking? It seems really not-okay that they wouldn't have a system in place so that you could find out your results in a more timely fashion. Surely they must realize how anxiety inducing this all is.

V, how are you doing this morning, love?

MAnna, the note that your boy left you was so precious... What kind children you have.

Camerahola.gif

EK, hope your DS slept better last night?

My own DS came home from nursery yesterday really poorly. It was a terrible night and I am not exaggerating when I say I was up every 20-30 mins with him. He was sort of still sleeping but crying. I am exhausted this morning. I did have acupuncture with one of my Dr's this morning (he's an integrative MD and fabulous!) and that was great. When I was pregnant with DS he helped me with my hypnobabies scripts and imagery, too. I do have a wee bit of a crush on him shy.gif I also feel really pretty sick this morning but I do think the fatigue has a lot to do with it. I almost gagged when getting out of the shower, though. I'm hoping this is a good sign. Also DS is not enjoying his milks. Am I right in thinking that breastmilk changes in taste when you're pregnant? Poor boy.

Corgi, here's an extra hug. hug2.gif

jog.gif   mama to DS 7/09 and married to DH bikenew.gif

#190 of 514 Old 10-05-2011, 07:24 AM

Zubeldia- What a rough night!  Can you nap or is that a joke?  

I slept 10 hours last night.  I had such a crappy day.  Such high emotion.   I needed all that sleep.  

I am going to try to take it easy today, or at least my version of easy.

You are all in my thoughts and prayers -Violet

Married to the man of my dreams since June 2000.  We are blessed with two magical children, a daughter born in the caul on June 2005 and a  rainbow1284.gifson born under water on June 2012.  

#191 of 514 Old 10-05-2011, 07:37 AM

ugh, V, I can't nap, sadly. It's my teaching day and I wont' get home until almost 8 tonight. How I will get through the day is a mystery. But the 10 hours sounds fabulous and I will channel that rest! I am so sorry that you're feeling so overwhelmed with emotion. I am right there with you. I just can't believe how terrifying this is.

Corgi, you're constantly on my mind.

I did mean to say that we will find out the gender (if this works out). We found out with DS and it was a great moment. We had the sonographer but a card we'd made into an envelope (boy/girl card) and then we went out to breakfast and opened it. It was a total shock as I was really sure I was having a girl. DH took photos of me opening it and the shock on my face is so funny! It was really special. So we're hoping, hoping we get to do something similar but with DS there.

Oh, and every time I think like this I feel more anxious about it not working out. I cannot wait until this month is over.

#192 of 514 Old 10-05-2011, 07:50 AM

Thinking of you Corgi! hug2.gif

27. Married since December 2006. Trying to conceive #1 since November 2010. 1 loss in April 2011 (5 weeks). 

BFP on February 25th. Tentative due date: November 4th, 2012.

***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36***wool.gif40**

It's a girl! love.gif

#193 of 514 Old 10-05-2011, 09:20 AM

Finally found this thread and took way too much work time to catch up on you all smile.gif. Nice to 'see' you all in one place after that BFP explosion!! Not sure I can do all the persies now, but I will try.

Corgi- I am thinking of you!! It HAS to be some sort of mix-up, I agree with Zub.

Zub- It sounds like a crazy day for you, I hope you can get through with lots of snacks and breaks and maybe an in class assignment? smile.gif

V- That 10 hours sounds heavenly! I slept on and off almost all day Sunday, and it was glorious.

Anna- I missed toe due date! So sorry to not post something then, but I have been thjnkig about you and am so so happy for your BFP. I hope your insurance stuff gets figured out quickly.

Rainey- I'm so glad you passed that first milestone, but it must be so difficult to be in the time you shod have been pregnant with your previous two losses. It's so hard. (((Hugs)))

Stacey- I'm so happy you're here too!! I hope this is your take home, grow up, outlive you baby!! I wish they would get those results back soon!

Ek- it's great to hear your update, glad the most recent scan showed such an active babe! I'm with you on the milestones...our late losses create an ever present fear. But, we WILL get there! These are our take home babes!!

Sorry and Hi to anyone I missed!

AFM- Well, 8 weeks tomorrow with an EDD of May 17th. I'd love to say it's been a breeze, but we all know the trials of the early weeks. So far, I've had three scans. Two were planned, one was because I freaked out yesterday. The first, at 5w5days, they couldn't see the heartbeat yet, just a yolk sack. The next one, a week later, the babe had grown and was measuring 6w4days with a good (130) heartbeat. The day after that u/s, I had some rust colored discharge (my discharge overall has been WAY more than my last pregnancy), so of course I was worried and called. When I got the same rust colored discharge yesterday (oddly both occurred after somewhat intense exercise, so that could have something to do with it). They got me in for a scan within a couple hours and found the babe and heartbeat right away (this time measuring 7w5days and 158 hb). Relief does not begin to describe it. Everyone in the office knows me and was really understanding and kind. Our nurse gave me a big hug and said 'We were prepared for this when you told us you were pregnant, weren't you?'. smile.gif. I did have to get a Rhogam shot because I'm AB-.

So, my next appointment is October 20th. If I can go that long without another freak out.

Hugs to everyone, I know this is such a rough but exciting time!!

Me (28) DH (29) stillheart.gif 3 years.  Mom to a beautiful Angel angel3.gif Monica stillborn @ 38 weeks 11.16.10   Baby #2!  rainbow1284.gif Due 05-2012

#194 of 514 Old 10-05-2011, 09:31 AM - Thread Starter

Hi, thanks for all the thoughts.  The receptionist made a mistake, and OB called me. The results are 3690.  Don't know what happened but she apologized.

I am emotionally drained, but all is well.  Thank you everyone.

Will come back for pressies later.

#195 of 514 Old 10-05-2011, 10:07 AM

Great news, Corgi!! Thanks for the update!! joy.gif

Me (28) DH (29) stillheart.gif 3 years.  Mom to a beautiful Angel angel3.gif Monica stillborn @ 38 weeks 11.16.10   Baby #2!  rainbow1284.gif Due 05-2012

#196 of 514 Old 10-05-2011, 10:48 AM

Corgi - whew! I just got on and read the down and then up with your news! So relieved. My vote was on incorrect info, so glad it was true. What a relief.

Zub - hope you can get some sleep sometime tonight, at least. Is DS feeling better today?

TandN - so great to "see" you!

I know there is more, but I can't review what I read because of how I logged on here - I can only see where I'm typing - ha.

AFM - well, I got REALLY sick last night. Just nauseated like crazy. Couldn't get off the couch due to feeling like I was going to vomit. Went to do that a couple of times, but no go (which is fine with me because I HATE throwing up). However, this meant DH had to cancel his plans - and he was frustrated. We talked it over (via email, while we were both at work) this morning, and I think we're okay - there have been times where I haven't felt as bad as I did but was down a lot, and he's ended up canceling going out - and he was trying to see if I could make it on my own last night...it was obviously not going to happen, so he got disappointed (He wanted to network with film types, it was a film festival/networking thing so good for his career potentially). I reminded him that he could TAKE A TURN with this pregnancy ANYtime he wanted...but I was physically drained and I'll be progressively going more emotionally crazy as time goes on, so I'll really need his help. Luckily, he's an extremely helpful guy and supportive, so I know he's usually there for me. DS did sleep through the night though - whew.

And, I called today to find out when I can get results for the nuchal test/blood draw for Downs, and it's going to take until next MONDAY. Grr. My next appointment is next week Thursday. I'm going to call Monday to get an update, as DH doesn't want to tell anyone (including DS1) until we at least get those results. I'm just getting nervous that if the numbers look bad, I will have to gear up for CVS/amnio, and I'm really not fond of needles. Particularly HUGE needles like they use for amnio! Eek. Has anyone here gotten one of those?

Anyway, I'm just trying to keep the nausea at bay today - usually starts to hit post-lunch, so we'll see how today goes. It's gorgeous outside, so I'm hoping to take a walk and escape from work shortly.

Hope everyone else's day is going well.

Living in a very large midwestern city with a wonderful guy, an AMAZING boy wonder, and 1 ancient cat. Missing our 2nd boy wonder, lost Feb 2011 during labor on his due date. Now possibly going back down the rabbit hole, with a BFP on 8/11/11, and a due date of April 10, 2012.

#197 of 514 Old 10-05-2011, 11:51 AM

Fly-by to say: I knew that couldn't be right, Corgi! Whew! I know you feel a lot better but probably pretty limp too.

Back later for persies.

Wife to DH for 16 years, Mom to 4 girls (15, 13, 12 and 8 months), 2 boys (10, 7), and (13 wk mc 4/10/11), (13 week mc 12/12/11). (11 wk mc 6/25/14)
#198 of 514 Old 10-05-2011, 11:54 AM

Well, this morning had a decent amount of spotting after intimacy, but it was all brown...so I'm thinking it may have been from the other day and just didn't come out then. I tell you what...I do NOT like spotting, even old spotting, with the losses that I've had still so fresh!! I'm not super worried about today's spotting (and it's already stopped)...I just have a hard time seeing blood in any sort of situation right now!! I even cleaned my poor abused nose the other day (with this lingering head cold it's been wiped a lot) and when I saw a tiny bit of blood on the tissue I kind got nervous till I realized it wasn't from anywhere in the vicinity of the baby...but yeah...blood doesn't sit well with me these days!!

Married to my computer geek since 11.04.06. Mama to our little dude Bug (born 7.14.09, peanut allergy, asthma) and our rainbow baby girl Sweetpea (born 4.14.13). Forever missing my angel babies--Riley, Paisley, and Waverley!!

Decluttering my life...

#199 of 514 Old 10-05-2011, 01:29 PM

Corgi- What a relief! ...sorry you had to go through that, but soooo glad everything is good!

AFM- OB FINALLY called at 4:15 today.....my number was good it was almost 4,000. So, on to the u/s appt next week on the 11th.

#200 of 514 Old 10-05-2011, 03:22 PM

Good news, Stacey! joy.gif

#201 of 514 Old 10-05-2011, 04:07 PM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Okay chickas, I'm kind of here.  hide.gif  I'll probably waver between here and the freaking out thread for the next 2 weeks at least until my next scan.

I had my follow up scan yesterday.  Babe was measuring 5.5mm, and the heart rate was 129bpm.  They still reckon I'm measuring about a week behind (closer to 6 than 7 weeks), which is a bit freaky, but I'm trying valiantly not to freak out about that. 

This pregnancy feels so different to my others, and I'm hoping that maybe that is a good sign, but knowing that I've lost a baby almost every week between now and 13 weeks is not exactly putting my mind at ease.  Each baby was happy, healthy, and had a heart beat - until it didn't. 

I finally have started to get a bit nauseated the last couple of days, so that is my first real symptom. 

I'm going to post a picture of my tiny splodge.... If you don't want to see it, please don't scroll down

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

2011-10-06 08.05.33.jpg

Me & him partners.gif and our beautiful fur boys Dukedog2.gif and Chopz dog2.gif

Forever missing our little ones lost

angel1.gif angel1.gif angel3.gif angel3.gif angel3.gif angel2.gif angel1.gif

How we survive, is what makes us who we are - Rise Against

#202 of 514 Old 10-05-2011, 05:56 PM

woo hoo for fantastic hCG numbers, Corgi and Stacey! Wow. Such great news. Though I also know that this doesn't get rid of the anxiety... but hopefully both of you are going to sleep a little more soundly tonight.

TandN, great to see you, though it sounds as though you have been through so much this past few weeks. The exercise/spotting sounds not unreasonable... hope you don't have to see any more of that spotting Thinking of you.

ek, I am betting you were just a bit dehydrated. Are you feeling all better now? Perhaps you could start a walking.yoga routine, something gentle to get you eased into some activity. I really like Dr. Clapp's book and research on exercise in pregnancy. It's got some great concrete advice, too.

Violet, I saw your post in the freaking out thread. So sorry, it sounds like hell of a day. So glad you're safe. The high emotions are making me slightly crazed and I know that it's causing a lot of tension between DH and I. I'm thinking about you.

MAnna, did you manage to stay away from the coke?!!

Milk, so glad you're here. You know I feel very uneasy posting in a 'pregnancy forum' but it also feels like this is a halfway house for us who aren;t quite ready. You're definitely not alone And what a gorgeous baby! Come on little baby, carry on flourishing.

What a day. 12 hour work day following almost no sleep and lots of driving. I am just ready for bed but I can DS crying upstairs with DH and I am dreading going up there. I am also feeling very sick so, well, yuck. I'm also missing working out. I have cut back entirely on exercise as I am scared out of my mind but don't know what to do. I was thinking of perhaos waiting until after my scan before doing anything, but that seems like a long way off, and I don't know if my not exercising is just a function of anxiety. The truth is I descend even more into crazy when I am not running or biking. Okay, I better go and relieve DH.

(Milk, I keep looking at your lovely pic!!!)

#203 of 514 Old 10-05-2011, 06:28 PM

Hi ladies!!  I wanted to pop in to check in on Corgi.  GREAT NEWS for you and Stacey!!  Yay!

Zub--  Hoping and praying I'll be joining you soon.  I'm not testing until the weekend (if I make it).  Blame MAnna!  She dared me!  ;)

Continuing to send happy, sticky baby vibes and prayers to all. 

caffix.gifChristine: Mama to bouncy.gif  DS 04/17/08  *Infant Stroke Survivor*  Always remembering:  brokenheart.gifbrokenheart.gifbrokenheart.gif

Took a 'break' from TTC and look what happened:  2ndtri.gif!!!!    praying.gif  for a healthy, full term baby to be born August 2012!!  Hoping for a vbac.gif!

#204 of 514 Old 10-05-2011, 07:12 PM

Calebsmommy: Ack! You're following me around! I'm going to have to keep a bag on my head until you test! bag.gif

(Ok - I had to take notes for this. I hope you all appreciate my attentiveness...)

Zub: Yes, breastmilk flavor changes and a lot of preggo moms notice their old baby suddenly not liking to nurse. (They do it anyway, just make faces.) And (sigh), I broke down and had the coke, but not all of it.

TandN: Hi! Welcome!!

Ek: I'm sorry you've been feeling so bad. Remember, nausea is "good"! (: [I'm STILL not feeling sick. You all are freaking me out...]

Texan: Yep, blood is scary to me too. I saw some on a washcloth where I'd nicked myself and my heart stopped...until I realized it wasn't from anywhere near there. I'm still checking every time I go to the bathroom, expecting to be spotting.

Milk: Thanks for the photo!! Hi little baby!! (:

AFM: Not much. Not feeling sick, nothing really hurting. A bit tired and a bigger appetite (but fill up quickly). I wish I'd start feeling something soon because it's starting to worry me. I know I'm not even six weeks yet, but still...

#205 of 514 Old 10-06-2011, 05:37 AM

MAnna- If it makes you feel any better, my nausea comes and goes. I would say my biggest symptoms are tiredness and VERY sore boobies:)  From everything that I've read, many women don't experience nausea until like 8 weeks....and yes, we aren't even 6 weeks yet. I "think" I may be 6 weeks this saturday...not really sure and don't like to try to have an exact day until I've had a few u/s done:) How about you?  When do you leave for your vacation?

EK- I agree, I think you were overheated and a little bit dehydrated:) Hang in there!

Milk- I love seeing your baby! I'm sooo happy for you, I do have a good feeling for you!

Calebsmommy- FX 4 you!

Zub- How are you feeling? Did you get a better night sleep?

Texan- How are you feeling?

AFM- My in-laws get in today, so I probably won't get to be on here as much. I will try to check in at least once a day if I can....I have my u/s on the 11th:)

#206 of 514 Old 10-06-2011, 07:14 AM

Corgi, Stacey, and Milk8Shake: joy.gif

Everyone else: flowersforyou.gif

27. Married since December 2006. Trying to conceive #1 since November 2010. 1 loss in April 2011 (5 weeks). 

BFP on February 25th. Tentative due date: November 4th, 2012.

***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36***wool.gif40**

It's a girl! love.gif

#207 of 514 Old 10-06-2011, 07:43 AM

Caleb, totally stalking you! blowkiss.gif

MAnna, I have had a few sips of pepsi here and there. I am just soooooo exhausted from the no sleep for two week thing. I also had a glass of iced green tea. But there is such little caffeine in there - so trying not to be self-critical about it. I know that most pregnant women do not give up caffeine entirely and all the sources say you're okay up to 200mg. I'm not personally comfortable ingesting anywhere near that amount, but a few sips?! We're okay, mama. As for symptoms: I've also read that each successive pregnancy is usually milder in terms of symptoms. Does that ring true for you?

Stacey, good luck with your ILs! I hope they are what you need them to be during their stay. Did I tell you my parents are coming for THREE MONTHS????? Mercy. It's going to be as we move, too, which is, well.. wow! They don't know yet that I am pregnant and I may not tell them until they get here (if I am still pregnant).

AM: Another horrific night with DS. I got home late from work and it's awful not to see his smiling face. He is so miserable. I'm taking him to the Dr's this afternoon as I worry he has an ear infection. It's worse when he's lying down, I think. He is hardly nursing.. he goes to and then stops. Not sure if it's the taste or whether it's hurting for him to suckle.

I am feeling pretty sick to my stomach. It's making me feel better about things but it is of course a bit debilitating, too. Boobs aren't really sore unless I press on them, though I do think it's probably because I am nursing still. I used to get very sore boobs when PMSing but haven't experienced that since AF returned. Trying not to worry about it. But can I moan about work? It is hell, right now. I am so busy and over burdened. I have grading coming out of my ears, reports to write, meetings seemingly all the time, and I'm not doing any research because I don't have the time. I wish we were independently wealthy :)

#208 of 514 Old 10-06-2011, 07:47 AM

Down today. It's the feast of St. Innocent and we are back from Liturgy. I just miss my son.

#209 of 514 Old 10-06-2011, 08:27 AM

hug.gif's MAnna.  Thinking of you and saying some prayers. 

#210 of 514 Old 10-06-2011, 10:55 AM

Hello. Just wanted to say good morning/afternoon...

MAnna. So sorry today must be so hard for you. Hang in there.

Zub - you just can't get a break! I hope it's not an ear infection with your DS; or if it is, they can get it cleared up quickly. With DS1, he had so many as an infant that we actually got tubes placed, which made them basically go away - it's so hard to see them so miserable. From my experience w/nursing, sounds like it's possible based on his reaction. I hope he AND you can get some sleep...

Oh, and I'm with you on the wishing to be independently wealthy. My job is something trained monkeys could do, which is why I originally took it since I was focused on my acting career, etc...but now it's just pure drudgery since it's hard to be hired for acting work when you're pregnant...and this is my second round of it with a 4-5 month break (and no baby). I also thought I was leaving, but now we're stuck until DH finds another job  (his job is just torture and he's constantly overworked).

Hi Gem!

Stacey - looking forward to your u/s news...and in-laws too? Eeek. My in-laws are currently far away, which is good because my MIL, although sweet, is pushing the notion on to my FIL that I'm some fragile flower who can't "handle" simple things like them visiting or us traveling - they (she) are strongly discouraging us from coming out to NJ in the wintertime like we always do because it will be "too hard" for me. Um...if this continues I'll be only 5 months pregnant, I think I can handle a 1.5 hour plane ride...they always stare at me like I'm going to implode, too, or crumble into bits, ever since we lost DS2. It makes me more stressed out than you can imagine. I hope your ILs are easier.

Milk - yay for picture! How exciting.

Texan - I know exactly how you feel about the blood thing - I had a finger prick done for the Downs Syndrome screening thing, and seeing the blood even though I knew it was coming was a jolt...so silly, but true. I'm still on the lookout for spotting too, every time.

Calebsmommy - I've been going to the other thread to check on you....I'm doing this: lurk.gif

AFM - well, I think I WAS a little dehydrated yesterday. I'm feeling better today, but there's not enough time in the day for me to get enough sleep, apparently. I'm SO very tired. Makes it hard in the evenings - I feel like my most energetic moments are in the morning/day time, when I'm stuck at work vs. with my DS1...sigh. I'm going to the gym a little later though, so I'm drinking lots of water this time. Tonight, I go home for like 10 minutes and then off to the jewelry studio - just got into a holiday gallery show for November, and I need to make some things...I've been trying to get into this one for 3 years, and finally made it! Whew - but it's intimidating, some of the people are "real" artists who have been doing this for years, vs. me...

Friday is DH and my 10 year anniversary! Yike. So, we're going out to dinner at a top restaurant here...just in time for me to potentially feel nauseated. I hope I can overcome it. I also have been craving at least a SIP of red wine, but don't know if I can do it. I am down to 1 cup of tea (black but still less caffeine than coffee), so I feel I have a handle on that - and no alcohol yet of course - but of course my Dr. aunt keeps telling me it's okay to have a glass of wine here or there, particularly as you leave the first trimester. What do you ladies think? I don't want to screw anything up, but I did not drink last time either (although I did have an occasional glass right near the end, when everything was developed) - and I lost DS2 anyway. I haven't avoided a lot of foods, really, except lunch meat (don't care for it THAT much anyway, it wasn't a hardship to cut out) and sushi (which I miss).

What do you guys think re: a sip or a glass of wine? If I did it Friday, I wouldn't be having more for a while... a long while, most likely.

Living in a very large midwestern city with a wonderful guy, an AMAZING boy wonder, and 1 ancient cat. Missing our 2nd boy wonder, lost Feb 2011 during labor on his due date. Now possibly going back down the rabbit hole, with a BFP on 8/11/11, and a due date of April 10, 2012.

Tags
Pregnancy

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page