Expecting our RAINBOW babies - graduates of "hoping, healing & conceiving again" tread 2011 - Page 9 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#241 of 514 Old 10-09-2011, 01:50 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi - I've been crazy busy - yesterday was Yom Kippur, so some family stuff there, and I was exhausted. My mother is a little tiring, and we were with her a LOT. But, that's what holidays are about, i suppose...!

In any case, hope everyone is having a good day today - it's beautiful here, great weather - so we spent the AM out of doors mostly running errands...fun. But, DS1 has his Halloween costume now (Superman), and we kept him from napping! Whew - it's actually good for him not to nap because then he goes to bed at a decent hour - usually sometime between 7:30-8:30, vs. 9:30 during the week when he uses naptime at daycare fully.

One thing we did this weekend - we told DS1 about the pregnancy. I've been really tired, and with me being 13 weeks done today, we never think we're out of the woods but starting to think this will stick. So, it was a good time yesterday, and we decided to do it. He seemed pretty happy about it - but, he's only 3.5, so who really knows? Last time we talked about it (in the context of him asking first where his little brother went, just about a month or so ago), he said he wanted a sister...now he's back to wanting another brother. We told him we can't choose which one, and we're hoping this one stays, but for right now, a little brother or sister is growing in my belly. One thing from our experience is we are going to try to not use language that hints that he's DEFINITELY getting a sibling. We're not all doom and gloom with him, but we reminded him what happened with his little brother, and that we don't know what will happen this time but we're hoping this one will stay. :Then, we have some of those gel sticky things for window decorations - 5 bats, and he said one was the mommy, one was the daddy, one was himself, and the last one was the new baby in mommy's belly. That kindof made me choke up for a minute.

I SO hope this works out, so we won't make him disappointed and sad again. I freaked out a little, and was thinking I've jinxed things now. Hopefully we did the right thing vs. waiting to tell him...

Stacey - looking forward to hearing about your u/s! The first one was hard for me, too...but it was nice to get a glimpse of what's going on.

MAnna - have a great vacation! Hope your insomnia gets better.

Violet - thanks, the dinner was really good! However, I felt so tired after because it took FOREVER. I'm all for pauses between courses but it was like 1/2 hour wait between each one (appetizer, entree, dessert). Dinner took like 3.5 hours! Fun place but I felt like I wasn't cut out to be anywhere nice - haha. As for me being an actor - I WISH you could know me by seeing me in something! But, no, I'm mostly a stage actor (live theatre). Chicago (where I am) really is the hub for that - NYC is fine, but they don't/can't take a lot of risks with new plays or experimental things because of the cost of renting a space - so most new plays that I like to do are started here. That, and improv comedy, which I dabble in too. None of this will make me famous, however... or make much money at it. :(  I'm working on getting into voiceover (radio spots, books on tape, etc.) during the pregnancy, because it's pretty hard to get a job while expanding...unless you're tall enough for a maternity catalogue, which I am definitely NOT. Ha.

Also, the tugging feeling - oh yes, I've had that and the heaviness. It comes and goes. Sometimes it feels like stretching, which I guess is what it is.

Oh! And zub, I had a class of wine - a Cote du Rhone - it was YUMMY! I nursed that drink the whole meal, I bet the server was pretty mad we did not get more! Now, back to the no drinks rule for a while...

Finally, since this is LONG - I took the plunge and bought a pair of maternity jeans today. Yike!

Hi to everyone I did not do persies for - I hope you've had a good weekend, and here's hoping for some good scans coming up!

Living in a very large midwestern city with a wonderful guy, an AMAZING boy wonder, and 1 ancient cat. Missing our 2nd boy wonder, lost Feb 2011 during labor on his due date. Now possibly going back down the rabbit hole, with a BFP on 8/11/11, and a due date of April 10, 2012.

#242 of 514 Old 10-09-2011, 04:29 PM

Hi all,

MAnna, have a lovely vacation! you deserve the time away, mama.

EK, aw, your DS sounds like a complete sweetie. I so understand why you'd be cautious, but I do hope that there is a part of you that starts to really and truly believe that you're going to take a little baby home with you. hug2.gif

AAM: sorry for lack of personals. I am just miserably sick. I can't eat normal food and today I had salt and vinegar chips for breakfast, a non-vegan ice-cream for lunch (threw it up), more chips, ramen noodles (threw up) and two satsumas. I am very, very worried about coping with another round of HG with DS and work, but here I am at almost 6 weeks and I really feel totally debilitated by the nausea. Despite that we did have a nice weekend, with a birthday party, a trip to our new house being built and today a quick hike up a mountain and a doggy walk on our favourtie trail to a beautiful set of ponds. Oof. I feel so relieved to be feeling something but I'm almost having a ptsd response with the sickness.

How is everyone? Lovely to see some of your faces on FB.

jog.gif   mama to DS 7/09 and married to DH bikenew.gif

#243 of 514 Old 10-09-2011, 05:06 PM

Oh Zubeldia- You are sick!  Did you crave that interesting assortment of foods?  

Ekandrmkb- Finally some reassurance that someone else is feeling what I am feeling!  It is not cramps, but like a dull, heavy fluttering tug.  All in the same place- a crescent shape at the very bottom of my womb.  I did have another feeling on the right side of my womb yesterday.  Not a cramp, wasn't painful, but that tugging.

I am feeling pregnant today- super tired and my boobs feel gigantic and are very tingly.  Yay!  Plus I ate chips, salsa and guac for breakfast.  Weird!

I've been looking at whattoexpect.com for a week by week update.  I didn't subscribe to the weekly email.  Still haven't found just the right week by week calendar.  

My dear friend who is the nurse at the pregnancy center gave me some Earth Mama Angel Baby "Happy Mama Spray."  It is divine.  It is an aromatherapy spray for "morning queasies & the baby blues."  I spray it in my face whenever the negative thoughts start in.

Hope you are enjoying your time away Matushka!  -Violet

Married to the man of my dreams since June 2000.  We are blessed with two magical children, a daughter born in the caul on June 2005 and a  rainbow1284.gifson born under water on June 2012.  

#244 of 514 Old 10-09-2011, 05:38 PM

V, I meant to add that I experience the EXACT same feeling. Lots of pressure, pulling, and so on. I am imagining it's the stretching but also the extra blood nourishing that whole area. Thinking of you.

#245 of 514 Old 10-09-2011, 06:33 PM

That is so reassuring!  Thanks!  

Married to the man of my dreams since June 2000.  We are blessed with two magical children, a daughter born in the caul on June 2005 and a  rainbow1284.gifson born under water on June 2012.  

#246 of 514 Old 10-10-2011, 12:14 AM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

I've caught up on reading, but I'm not even going to try replies, sorry. redface.gif

I've been away for the weekend, (flew out Friday night, and came back Sunday night) to attend a training course to become a support meeting facilitator for my SANDS group.  It was pretty full on, but not as mentally draining as I was dreading.  Which is not to say that I'm not exhausted, because I am!  Plus, I had to start work early today so I could leave early for my hospital appt, so I had to get up at 5:15am!!  I am sure as heck not used to that.  So it will be an early night. 

So anyway, as far as I know, things seem fine.  I am still not feeling particularly pregnant, except for a few moments' queasiness in the morning when I wake up with an empty stomach.  Other than that, nothing.  My appt today was just a check in with the doctor, nothing exciting.  I'll have a scan sometime next week (haven't got the appt yet) and go from there. 

I'm really, REALLY hanging out for another scan, because I'm terrified that I'm gonna be carrying around a dead baby again.  But, I've already had THREE scans.  And the rest of you have had NONE!

Me & him partners.gif and our beautiful fur boys Dukedog2.gif and Chopz dog2.gif

Forever missing our little ones lost

angel1.gif angel1.gif angel3.gif angel3.gif angel3.gif angel2.gif angel1.gif

How we survive, is what makes us who we are - Rise Against

#247 of 514 Old 10-10-2011, 06:55 AM

Oh Milk8shake- I know I'm not the only one that has been wondering about you!  I am sitting on my hands (when not typing) to keep myself from calling the pregnancy center to move up my appointment.  My scan is the 18th, and I'll be seven weeks along.  I'm sending you and your little baby lots and lots of LOVE!  -Violet

#248 of 514 Old 10-10-2011, 09:45 AM

I'm so bad. I'm sitting here drinking a chai latte. My reasoning is that I was drinking all KINDS of coffee beverages before I knew I was pregnant with Bug and with this little bean and I swore off ALL caffeine with Paisley...and Bug turned out just fine. I am considering this my last big caffeine (unless chocolate counts) for the rest of this trimester...so I'm enjoying it immensely.

My boobs are aching a bit more and I felt nauseated when I first woke up today (totally off kilter for about 30-ish minutes and still with no appetite even by the time I sat down with Bug for breakfast...though I did make myself eat). Other than that I feel just the same as I did a few weeks ago. I'm can't say exactly as I'm looking forward to morning sickness and weight gain and other pregnancy stuffs...but it'll all be SOOOO worth it if this little bean sticks!!

Married to my computer geek since 11.04.06. Mama to our little dude Bug (born 7.14.09, peanut allergy, asthma) and our rainbow baby girl Sweetpea (born 4.14.13). Forever missing my angel babies--Riley, Paisley, and Waverley!!

Decluttering my life...

#249 of 514 Old 10-10-2011, 10:34 AM

Just checking in on you all - Love hearing how well everyone is progressing!!! i am praying every night for you all hug2.gif

Mom to a beautiful little girl ~age 4~ and adorable little boy ~age 3~ and wife to my main squeeze luxlove.gif
Two babes in heaven MC 6/23/10 at 8 weeks, MC 2/24/11 at 8 weeks, MC 3/2012 at 8 weeks ~ Praying for a rainbow1284.gif baby ~

#250 of 514 Old 10-10-2011, 11:09 AM

milk. so good to hear from you. I was honestly worried something had happened. We're moving in about 6 weeks and I feel your moving=pain. I'm totally dreading it.

Meg wave.gif

Rainey, I'm not a coffee drinker but I am still having sips of iced tea and pepsi now an again.

Stacey, are you having in there with your visitors?

V: blowkiss.gif

Corgi, how did the dog show go? We have two naughty Westies!

ek, sonner, camera, everyone...

AM: continue to be very sick - I couldn't even keep my gummy vitamins down. I lay in bed for 2 hours before getting up this morning. Poor DH is going to be overwhelmed very soon with all the extra things he has to do. I am in the process of eating a Cliff bar, which hopefully will stay down. Of course I'm also feeling good to be feeling all these symptoms as it's closer to how I felt with DS> I did have nausea with the lost baby but no where near like this so I am hoping that it's different this time around. Ack, I am pretty sure this bar isn't going to stay put.

#251 of 514 Old 10-10-2011, 11:23 AM

Hey there, everyone!

MegEliz - just was over checking up on you guys at the TTC thread...SO hoping for everyone. I may post a "hi" over there in a little bit. But, HI!

RaineyDaye - I know what you mean re: the caffeine AND the thinking back to past loss, and what you did/did not do (caffeine vs. no). I haven't changed that much this time around - just limiting caffeine to 1 drink/day (and since I only have tea, it's less caffeine than coffee). Enjoy your chai, don't feel guilty!

Violet - the 18th seems far away...but it's only next week! If you CAN move it up, why not? it's always worth a shot to call, if you want. I know that feeling of needing that first scan - it's like "proof" that it is happening.

Milk8Shake - great to hear from you, glad things are still going well. I've had 3 scans, too - and am craving more. I keep feeling like I have to make sure it's all in there - almost wish I had an u/s machine at home! However, I think that would frankly make me crazy...

zub - WOW. so sorry you feel so sick!  I had no idea you have gotten the HG before...ick. I get queasy but not like that, thank goodness - I feel silly for grousing about it. I hope it clears up. Have you tried ginger? Supposedly it's supposed to help - you can get candied ginger to munch on, it's not bad. I just am trying to think of tips, but I don't have much. So sorry!

AFM - not too much. Back at work. I'm starting to show now, and I am NOT talking about it here - so I've gotten a couple of curious looks but no one is asking - I bet they are too scared to do it. Which works for me, because I really don't want to discuss it with work people. There's one woman here who had a full-term stillbirth, and I actually did tell her on Friday - but that's it, really. I thought she might understand the crazies I'll be getting. Of course, even though we had similar experiences, I think our takes on it are somewhat different - she talked about how excited she was to be pregnant again, when all I can think of is how terrifying it is right now. Sigh.

Also, my DS1 is going to need to process the info regarding this pregnancy, for sure - last night, at dinner, he asked me how I got his little brother "to come back" in my belly. My stomach just dropped. We had to remind him that this is a different baby, not his little brother. It's hard to describe this to a 3 year old, for sure. And, my DH was trying to help by basically reminding him that we were really sad about the loss of his little brother, but we're "feeling better about it" and decided to try again for another. I got a little upset because (a) I'm not "feeling better" about it, and (b) I was worried that it made it sound like a replacement baby. I'm probably being over-sensitive, as it's hard to simplify the situation enough for him to understand, and DH was just trying to. DH also told me later that he feels like I'm all doom and gloom when I talk to DS1 about it, so he's trying to inject some happier language. He's probably right; I still feel like it's not going to stick.

BTW, 13 weeks as of yesterday. I guess I'm technically entering 2nd trimester.

Okay, got to get back to working...

Living in a very large midwestern city with a wonderful guy, an AMAZING boy wonder, and 1 ancient cat. Missing our 2nd boy wonder, lost Feb 2011 during labor on his due date. Now possibly going back down the rabbit hole, with a BFP on 8/11/11, and a due date of April 10, 2012.

#252 of 514 Old 10-10-2011, 03:54 PM

oh, ek, I cannot imagine how you're dealing with this, especially in relation to your DS. You're managing so many emotions and challenges. My heart dropped when I read what your DS had said. Your DH's strategy makes sense, but I hear how hard that is on you, too. Your DS will one day understand the complexity, I'm sure. Sending many hugs and lots of love.

On another note, I'd love to know more about the audible book idea! I LOVE audible books and narration makes all the difference.

AM: I called my Dr today and whilst she was out I spoke with a nurse who consulted with another MD. They really want me to start taking zofran and B6 straight away to try and get the nausea and vomiting under control sooner rather than later. I am incredibly leery of meds, of course, but I don't know what else to do. I'm having a hard time sipping water, even. Honestly I just hope this is a sign of a sticky baby. I almst don't want to go for my first scan as I am terrified of seeing an empty sac or something similar to last time.

So quiet here... how is everyone?

#253 of 514 Old 10-10-2011, 06:00 PM

zubeldia - thanks. I am SO sorry you are feeling so horrid - here's hoping that it's a really good sign. When is your scan? I hope the zofran works for you. I get slight nausea, but comes and goes...I think it's getting better.

As for the audio books, I think they are really fun but it's a hard industry to break into! There are a lot of websites now that sell audio versions, the market has exploded for books, but at the same time, work goes to only a few.

AFM - I went to prenatal yoga today. It's been a LONG time since I've done any yoga at all, so some of the poses were a challenge. It was a small class - just me and one other girl...we got to talking afterwards, and I found out she's 5 months pregnant but looks skinny as a rail....it's her first. I remember that - I've already popped out and I'm barely 3 months! Of course, she asked me if this was my first, and I said, "no, my third". Which was weird to say since I only have one at home. I almost felt like telling her more details, but how mean would that be? I'm like the scary warning story for first-time pregnant people. Sigh. So, I just smiled my way through it and luckily she did not ask questions about what she would assume would be my TWO children. I'm trying to focus on the yoga now, though - it DID feel really good to stretch and breathe like that. I'm relatively mellow (for me!).

It's a quiet board today! I hope everyone is doing well.

#254 of 514 Old 10-10-2011, 06:34 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Hello all! I've just caught up on everyone. I'm typing on DH's laptop since we're not at home and it's over-sensitive and jumps around (very annoying) so I don't know how long I can type before I want to toss it across the bed. We'll see.

Zub: I'm sorry you're so sick honey. I'd be happy to take a little off your hands! (: Not one bit sick here and it's scaring me to death. The only real sign I'm having is morning insomnia and that's not good enough for me. OTOH, I really am sorry it's hitting you so hard. Try the meds. You don't want to be admitted for fluids if you don't have to be.

Violet: My scan is on the 18th too so I guess we're "scan buddies" unless you get yours moved up. I get butterflies thinking about it.

Ek: I guess everyone's take is different. How far along is your coworker? That may make a difference too. I haven't gotten to the point of being happy yet either. (I know it's hard, but your DS is only 3 and it's so hard to make them understand things that are subtle. Once he has the general idea firmly in mind it should get better. And you will probably be more optimistic as time goes on too. Hugs.)

Rainey: Don't feel bad about the latte. Look how much caffeine most women consume while pregnant. We're just all hypersensitive that we're going to "do something wrong". ((hugs)) I feel the same way.

Milk: Considering your history I'd be nervous about scan #4 too! I'm so glad things have gone well so far. Praying everything continues to go well honey.

Sorry if I missed anyone on a previous page. I'm thinking about all of you.

AFM: We got to the beach yesterday evening. I'm kind of tired bc I'm still doing the stuff I do at home, just away from home (grocery shopping this morning, sweeping, washing dishes, hanging towels out to dry, bathing people, etc.) and also herding people around the beach. When you take children on a vacation you need a vacation afterward to recover. Not to be complaining, it just comes with its own stress. OTOH, it's beautiful here. We're on the 12th floor and the mbr opens out on the balcony. The weather is so nice we just left the sliding door open to the balcony all night and listened to the waves. The moon was almost full and you could see it reflected in the water. It was very romantic. *wink, wink*

I'm not feeling sick in the least. No food craving, no aversions. I'm a little more tired than usual, but it's not much. I'm waking up way too early and having a hard time going back to sleep but that's my only sign (as I mentioned above). I just know that I'll get to the scan next week and they'll say, "I'm sorry, there seems to be a sac, but there's nothing in it." Heard yesterday that a parishioner is 9 wks pregnant and heard today that my SIL (DH's sister) is 10 wks pregnant. My SIL mc'd 4 wks before we did in March but she was only about 6 weeks. I felt envious of her "sigh of relief" now that she's 10 weeks because I'm not going to get to heave that sigh for at least another 7 weeks or more (and probably not then) since we mc'd at 13 weeks. The parishioner has one other baby and no history of mc. I miss being that naive. I just feel like there's no way that this is going to work and I'll be approaching another due date next year with another newborn in the family and my own empty arms. Sigh. I need SOME kind of reassurance. I guess I"m not going to get any until the scan next week - IF it's good.

Wife to DH for 16 years, Mom to 4 girls (15, 13, 12 and 8 months), 2 boys (10, 7), and (13 wk mc 4/10/11), (13 week mc 12/12/11). (11 wk mc 6/25/14)
#255 of 514 Old 10-10-2011, 06:55 PM

Oh Matuska- You have so much worry. greensad.gif  Can you go in this week for a scan?  Or when you get home?  Maybe that would ease your mind.  This really could work out!  We could have babies!  It REALLY is more likely that we will have babies than will not.  That's true!  I didn't make that up!  

Well today I am a pychomeanyawfulmama.  I'm such a GRUMP!  I'm tired, my boobs hurt, and I am having a very personal bathroom issue involving #2.  Ugh.  But I'm not complaining!  I will be feeling like sh*t and then a huge smile will come across my face because...I am pregnant!  

Sending you all lots of love!  -Violet

#256 of 514 Old 10-10-2011, 07:01 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Well, we get home Saturday afternoon and the scan is Tuesday morning so I guess that's as quick as it's gonna get! I'm sorry you're not feeling well V.

Wife to DH for 16 years, Mom to 4 girls (15, 13, 12 and 8 months), 2 boys (10, 7), and (13 wk mc 4/10/11), (13 week mc 12/12/11). (11 wk mc 6/25/14)
#257 of 514 Old 10-10-2011, 08:11 PM

Tomorrow I have my appointment with the midwife group (these are the nurse-midwives that deliver in hospital) and I really don't know what to ask or say except pretty please can they check my hormone levels. I know I need to have a list of questions to ask them as far as how invasive are they in the births, what percentage of their patients end up with epidurals, pitocin, and c-sections...as I'd like to avoid those (or at least the second and third ones) if I can...etc. etc. But really I'm still so early (I'll be 5w2d tomorrow) that it still doesn't feel real that I'll need to ask questions yet about the birth...since I know there's no guarantee of a take-home baby. 

I also feel kind of weird since I totally missed the last appointment I had with them, which was to be my first appointment for Paisley...since I was in the middle of losing Paisley when that appointment came around...and I SO didn't care to even call to cancel, since that was the last thing on my mind at that time!! Here I am just two months later and going to meet with them for a different baby. It just feels surreal and a bit unfair that Paisley didn't get to stick around. Not that I'm not happy for this baby, cause I am. I don't know, I'm just a bit confused right now. Doesn't help that I'm not completely over the head cold STILL, that I'm dealing with all the new emotions of being the mom of a peanut-allergic, and that I had a headache come on suddenly from a pinched nerve at Bible study tonight!!

Any ideas from you ladies on stuff I should ask? My appointment isn't till 1pm, so I've got at least 14 hours to think it over before heading out to drop the kidlet off with a friend before going...though hopefully eight or so of those I'll be able to sleep!!

Married to my computer geek since 11.04.06. Mama to our little dude Bug (born 7.14.09, peanut allergy, asthma) and our rainbow baby girl Sweetpea (born 4.14.13). Forever missing my angel babies--Riley, Paisley, and Waverley!!

Decluttering my life...

#258 of 514 Old 10-11-2011, 04:15 AM

oh, MAnna, I am so sorry you're feeling so anxious. I will say that whilst the nausea is reassuring it doesn't stop me from really imagining that I'm going to be told that I have a blighted ovum. I wish WISH WISH that none of us faced this profound self-doubt. Insomnia is always my first pregnancy sign. And if it's reassuring, in most pregnancies, nausea does not start until 6 or 7 weeks. You're barely at 6 weeks,, my friend. OTH, my sis experienced ZERO symptoms except sore breasts. So hold on to the hope and belief that this will happen (I am trying, too).

V, I have not been my best parenting self. Poor DS doesn't have a clue as to why I can't be playful and physical like I usually am. I;m usually chasing him all over the park, running up ladders and sliding down the big boy slide with him but yesterday I just sort of sat there. And how much TV has this kiddo watched? hide.gif

Rainey, good luck today. I would share any anxieties you have and also perhaps ask how they'll help support you with your fears... Let us know how it goes.

Ek, I use the audiblebooks.com site. It would be fantastic if I got to hear you narrate! I have to say that while there are some AMAZING actors, I have listened to a few awful readings (though that is rare).

AM: Feeling quite a bit better with the zofran this morning. I could have gone to bed at 6pm last night. DH is being great taking over everything whilst I just sit here. Poor guy. He's under a lot of stress as it is so this isn't going to help. We're also having to pack up our house soon...eek.  I don't have my scan booked yet. I'm seeing my Dr on Friday morning and then we'll book it, I think. Hopefully for early next week. I am so scared. I almost don't want to go for it. A crazy busy work week. But... I guess there is a little part of me that thinks this might work out. Am I crazy? We even talked about girls' nameshammer.gif

#259 of 514 Old 10-11-2011, 07:18 AM

Rainey- Like Zubeldia wrote, I would ask for emotional support. Make sure the midwifes are able to address your spiritual, mental, and emotional sides.  Tall order, but a good, practiced midwife is the perfect person for the job.  Did one of the midwifes help you have Bug?  If they don't answer your questions to your satisfaction, would you go elsewhere?  Sounds like this is a pretty emotionally loaded appointment for you.  Try to enjoy it.  You are getting another chance.  I hope you slept well and that your headache and cold have subsided.  You have a lot on your plate right now!  

My emotional state has been such a wreck that I honestly asked my husband if he thought I had bipolar.  He doesn't think so.  And, really, I don't.  I am painfully sane.  

I'm ready to think of the frivolous aspects of this, allow myself the luxury to dream of baby names and building a nursery.  Have I mentioned that I live in a 2 bedroom, 1000 sq ft house?  With two gigantic dogs, and only a fireplace for heat?  I live in the pacific northwest where we have to have heat from nov to june.  We have some work to do!  Otherwise, I'll be a gigantic pregnant lady building fires every day.  Does NOT sound quaint.  

On a happy happy note, I have a brand new kitchen, final touches going in today.  It was my treat after the miscarriage.  Our kitchen was atrocious.  We had three different types of flooring, no cupboards or countertop space.  But now,it's brand spankin new from top to bottom.  I LIVE in that room so my spirits are lifted!  There IS going to be an adorable chubby baby sitting on that kitchen floor while I cook, eating O's, reading board books, and playing with the doggies.  

Try to enjoy your appointment Rainey- pamper yourself with something today.  Decaf or caf (whatever) pumpkin latte, new lotion, just some sweet treat for yourself.  

Glad you are feeling a bit better Zub.

Enjoy that vacation Matuska- although vacation with tons of kids sounds like a mixed bag!

Ek- Yoga.  Hmmm, I need that.  

Thinking of all the rest of you too!  Milk, Corgi, and our soon to be pregnant friends that read this!  Sending you all lots of love!  -Violet

#260 of 514 Old 10-11-2011, 07:25 AM - Thread Starter

UPDATED

It feels really good to see how we are getting there slowly but surely - week 6 WOW.  And all is peaceful and happy.  I have a US booked for the 31st, I am really exited as I will be 9 weeks then, and will defiantly see a healthy heartbeat - if all does go well.  I have decided to look for a office job until the new baby is born to relieve the financial stress a bit.  But it is proving more difficult as I live in a remote area and jobs are scares.  The party cake sales are a bit down at the moment and we have to live.  I am extremely tired and the morning sickness seems to come and go, just to remind me that all is indeed well.  I am feeling a bit better now, just a bit left out as I 'suddenly' found out 4 of my close friends are pregnant - far pregnant.  i don't think they wanted to tell me before I was pregnant again. One even had IVF and is having twins.  Even the lady next door is 3 month pregnant.  Babies are really going to take over 2012!!!

I am 28 and a Show Dog Handlerdog2.gif from Cape Town, South Africa, my DH is 33 and we lost our angel3.gif baby at 14.5 weeks.  I have a DDhearts.gif of 9 and a DSbiggrinbounce.gif of 4.  We are finally expecting our rainbow1284.gifbaby babyboy.gif around 2nd June 2012!

0***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36***stork-boy.gif40

#261 of 514 Old 10-11-2011, 08:32 AM

Morning ladies-

I don't have much time, sounds like everyone is doing well:)

Just wanted to give a quick update about my u/s appt this morning. We saw the heartbeat and I'm measuring on track - she gave me a range from 6 weeks 1 day - 3 days. That's what I was thinking, I don't know my exact O day, so that dating makes sense to me. My OB will see me weekly if I want, she wants to do another scan  next week - my appt is on thursday Oct. 20th. I'm happy, but still nervous - given my past.

Stacey, wife to DH shine.gif, mom of DD (01/08) energy.gif and DD2 (05/12) dust.gif  1 furbaby dog2.gif and 7 angel babies angel1.gif. We goorganic.jpg familybed1.gif and drink lots of decaf green and herbal teapot2.GIF.

#262 of 514 Old 10-11-2011, 09:08 AM

Stacey - that is great! So glad you had a good ultrasound and that everything looks on schedule. Did they give you an EDD?

Corgi - good to see you - and glad to see you so positive! There must be something in the water there, with all those pg women - wow. Around me, I used to see pg women EVERYWHERE and hear about them constantly; and now that I got that BFP, they have all seemed to dry up - even in my prenatal yoga class, ha - just me and one other girl.

zub - glad the meds are helping.

Hi everyone!

Can only write a quick email - not much changed on my end, but my relaxed feeling from yoga last night has gone away, because DH and I are arguing. Sigh. He's stressed out about work (we HAVE to find him a new job!), and on top of it, my MIL has been in the hospital for the last couple of days because they found a blood clot in her leg.  Eeek. Getting details regarding medical conditions in DH's family is worse than pulling teeth - they do NOT share, they don't ask questions of the doctors (very much a "doctor knows best" attitude), and they are always vague. In contrast, my family has full-on discussions with complete details, and then we all get online and do medical research and start reading study abstracts and such...we're the opposite end of the spectrum. So, we found out that she has a clot in her leg, it is "small" (whatever that means), and at first we heard it was in her calf. But no! It's in her pelvis, which can be MUCH more serious. However, for some reason she may be released from the hospital today, without getting a scan to see if said clot is gone, or if it might move, or anything (movement is very bad - can end up in the lung and kill her). All I can do is speculate long distance, and send questions for DH to ask his parents (since I've been doing some online research); but now he wants me to "back off" because I'm making him more worried (??!).  Meanwhile, I'm getting crazy about wanting answers and it's eating me. So, I'll have to back off and try to distract myself with something.

Anyone here have any knowledge of blood clots? winky.gif

#263 of 514 Old 10-11-2011, 08:03 PM

Well, the appointment was a wash. I got there eight minutes late because of a wreck on the freeway and hitting every red light going through downtown instead and then getting turned around in the medical center. When I did get there they took my name and told me to take a seat and wait till they called me. Twenty-five minutes later they called me up to the window and asked for my insurance card and they told me that if I didn't have insurance that it'd be $500 up front and I'd have to sign a contract?!! This was SOOO different from my experience with Bug, where appointments with my midwife happened on time and I got to interview and decide who I wanted to deliver my child before anything was signed!! Plus, they said that the total cost only covered pre-natal and ante-natal visits, one sonogram, and the actual delivery...and that it'd be thousands of dollars in addition for the hospital and the nursery and lab work, etc. etc. etc.

I talked it over with my husband and we decided that even though we ended up paying for Bug's birth twice (in full to the midwife, and then paying the hospital, the doctor, for the epidural, etc. when I had to transfer)...that he'd rather pay for a midwife in a birthing center and then only have to pay the hospital if something drastic happened...cause the price they are talking about for a regular, uncomplicated in hospital birth with a nurse midwife is the same as the total we paid for the craziness of Bug's birth!! 

So now we are thinking of going with the midwife friend of mine who helped with all the stuff surrounding Paisley's miscarriage and her colleague...as they are both nurses who have worked in labor and delivery as well, besides the many babies they've delivered as midwives both here and on the mission field. The fact that they are nurses as well as midwives makes us a bit more comfortable and the fact that one of them is a friend and I've met and thought the other one was very nice as well is also reassuring. Plus, I won't have to set up childcare for appointments if I go with them, as they are very child-friendly with toys in the exam room. I've also seen the birthing center and like it very much (a nice big bedroom with a window seat as well as a recliner in there for moms and husbands to rest on during the laboring...and a private bathroom with both a walk-in shower and a whirlpool tub). Another big plus is that while the birth center works closely with a doctor who works out of the hospital where I had Bug, that these two midwives in particular will transport to a different hospital unless it's an emergency where time is of the essence...which is good, cause I do NOT like the hospital where Bug was delivered...but am fairly impressed with the one they'd transfer to (as evidenced by the fact that that is where I'd be delivering if I'd gone with that nurse midwife group). 

My only two concerns with going with these midwives is that 1. After having an epidural to actually get me through the pushing with Bug (and it was a relief after 14 hours of laboring to get that epidural) I am a little more gun shy of delivering without help with the pain!! 2. The birthing center that these two midwives work out of is actually owned and headed up by the midwife that was to deliver Bug!! I realize that professionally Donnellyn (my previous midwife) can understand if I choose a different midwife this time, but personally I don't want to hurt her feelings, as she is the grandmotherly type. But after what all we went through getting Bug here and then with the miscarriages, I'm rather leaning toward the more clinical type of midwife vs. the grandmotherly type this time around!!

Decluttering my life...

#264 of 514 Old 10-11-2011, 08:05 PM

And now after seeing how lengthy that post was, I am SINCERELY hoping that the drama starts to subside around here a bit so I can actually not have much to post myself and can take more time to do persies...but that'll probably have to wait till after this weekend...as my MIL, SIL, and one nephew will be staying the weekend with us...even though both DH and I have (separate) things planned for ourselves, besides needing to entertain them!!

Decluttering my life...

#265 of 514 Old 10-11-2011, 08:34 PM

Rainey- Your post is very interesting.  Did you figure it all out while writing?  Seems like a good choice to go with the midwife friend who helped with Paisley.  The place you went today sounds awful!  Did you do something nice for yourself today?  I hope so!  

Stacey- Yay for the heartbeat!!!!  heartbeat.gif

-Violet

#266 of 514 Old 10-11-2011, 08:40 PM

Violet--I got a pumpkin pie shake at Jack in the Box...does that count? :-)

Decluttering my life...

#267 of 514 Old 10-11-2011, 08:58 PM

Yes Rainey!  -Violet

#268 of 514 Old 10-12-2011, 12:32 AM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

I'm seeing my GP in the morning, and I'm gonna ask for a referral for a scan - hopefully I can do it tomorrow arvo.  I'm just in a bit of panic mode. 

Had my psych appt at the hospital today, and she informed me that she is going away, and my next appt won't be for THREE WEEKS! Argh.

FWIW, and for those that are wondering, I'm not (totally) crazy - I asked to see the psych. 

Me & him partners.gif and our beautiful fur boys Dukedog2.gif and Chopz dog2.gif

Forever missing our little ones lost

angel1.gif angel1.gif angel3.gif angel3.gif angel3.gif angel2.gif angel1.gif

How we survive, is what makes us who we are - Rise Against

#269 of 514 Old 10-12-2011, 07:42 AM - Thread Starter

Hi ladies,

Milkshake I would love to officially add you to the thread whenever you are ready, don't think I have yet.

Rainy - What a awfull mess you had to deal with. I feel for you.  Here in South Africa the devide between people with medical insurace and without is so big, they don't even go to the same hospitals.      

I am personally going back to same OB and Hospital that I had to deliver Sahra when I m/c'd.  So I hope things will work out great this time.

Hi everyone else, love you lots but too sick to sit here much longer.

I am not panicing a lot at the moment.  God has made sure that I am VERY sure every moment of every day since Monday that I am indeed pregnant.  I am not complaining, but I am violently ill, trowing up, can't eat, very painfull cramping and a headace that does not want to lift.  I have never been this sick at 6 weeks, normally between 8-10 weeks, and not this sick.  I am making sure I stay hydrated and keep my vitamins down, but am struggling to get nourishment in my body.  Everything stinks so bad I just want to keep hiding under a pillow and keep going for another 7-8 weeks or so - sounds very long but I will try and stay positive and make sure my baby gets what it needs.

I am 28 and a Show Dog Handlerdog2.gif from Cape Town, South Africa, my DH is 33 and we lost our angel3.gif baby at 14.5 weeks.  I have a DDhearts.gif of 9 and a DSbiggrinbounce.gif of 4.  We are finally expecting our rainbow1284.gifbaby babyboy.gif around 2nd June 2012!

0***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36***stork-boy.gif40

#270 of 514 Old 10-12-2011, 09:12 AM

Good gosh!! The peeing like a race-horse has begun!!

Decluttering my life...

Tags
Pregnancy

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page