Soreness Lower Left Ab (TMI) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 09-28-2011, 02:05 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I sat down on the couch last night and when I hit the cushion it was like a tender soreness shot through my rectum up to my left side. (I told you it was TMI).

Today my left side has been sore all day in the same spot...lower left side. Kind of like where you'd feel ovulation pain but a little further back inside of me. It is very tender today and I feel it anytime I sit down (like through my rectum and shooting up) or lean to the left while sitting. Very tender and sore at the same time. When the feeling hits, it catches me off guard and I am like "Ah!" It shoots through. But it isn't a stabbing pain. Just dull, tender and sore. (kinda hard to explain)

I am 11 weeks...should I be worried about this? No spotting right now. Anyone experience this and know what it is? I'm a first-timer so I don't know what this could be a symptom of, if anything.

Thanks. I'm very worried.

DW married to DH expecting first baby in April 2012!

#2 of 3 Old 09-28-2011, 02:46 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Could it be the muscles stretching or a UTI? People don't often notice braxton hick that early on, but it seems like a lot of pregnancy ailments,t he advice is "Drink a bunch of water and see if that helps". It's something to do while you wait for a Dr.s or midwife appointment, anyway.

~Teresa, raising DS (Jan. 02) and DD1 (Jun. 04) and DD2 (Dec. 11) with DH.

#3 of 3 Old 09-28-2011, 06:30 PM

Location: Seattle, Tucson, Austin, Baltimore. Now: Urbana, IL
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hmmm... could be round ligament pain or sciatica.  Or it could be a backed up/gas sort of intestinal distress.  I know that pregnancy gas is some of the worst gas I've ever had- excruciatingly painful at times and it can hit when I change positions and cause things to move in the intestinal tract.  Sciatica usually originates in the hip/butt area and shots down your leg- a crippling pain that will bring you to your knees.  Round ligament pain can be sharp or dull and usually occurs during  movement- often rolling from one side to the other in bed.

But any time you are worried you should feel able to call your care provider and ask questions.  That's what they are there for!

Mama to Avalon 1/07 waterbirth.jpg, Austin 1/10 in between uc.jpgand Avery 12/11  h20homebirth.gif
fambedsingle1.gif   femalesling.GIF   winner.jpg   cd.gif     ecbaby2.gif  novaxnocirc.gif   goorganic.jpg  

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page