October 2011 Whatever Ladies Havin' Babies! - Page 10 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-31-2011, 08:41 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'll have to measure when I get home this evening to see what my shoulder to hip measurement is. It would be great if I could have a pouch that I could put on after DD falls asleep in my arms when we're out like at church and then I can just wiggle her in to the pouch. Wishful thinking?

DD is wearing an outfit that my mom got for my niece last year from Carter's. It kind of looks like a lady bug but it's called a love bug. Good thing it's cold here today because it's a fleece outfit. I don't think I'm going to wear anything this year. I'll be going straight from work to DD's babysitter and then out to my mom's so no time for grownup costume!

Annie wife v2.0 to DH and joyfully parenting DSS 18 jog.gif, DSD 15 knit.gif, DSD 14 banana.gif, DSS 12bikenew.gifand heart hero DD 2superhero.gif. angel1.gif 8/2010

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-31-2011, 08:52 AM - Thread Starter

Cradle cap can be fungal or sebaceous gland related.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cradle_cap

His is fine just flaky.  His hair is growing in though so it makes him look a bit danfruffy.  LOL.

Ahhh sleeping positions.  The thorn in my side.  I sleep mostly on my left side with Finn in the crook of my arm, so his head is elevated enough.  Otherwise, I'm sitting up in the recliner with it back just enough so my head can rest off to the side, and he's on my shoulder/chest.  I so so so so so SOOOO miss being able to side lie.  I cannot wait to do it.  I hope it's not too much longer!  If the barfing didn't wake him up, I wouldn't care b/c I'm over caring about the mess.  But it pours out his nose and makes him cough and ugh.  It's awful.  Not worth it.

Sizes - I was a 4/6 prepreg.  Unless these hips shrink, I won't be there for awhile no matter what weight I am!

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
Old 10-31-2011, 08:53 AM

you'll have to wait til i get pics to know what we are doing. i think it will be fun and cute.

yeah, you gotta let go of the idea of perfectly matching outfits if you want to have kids who feel free to express themselves. I don't want my kids to grow up thinking they always have to go along with what others do because that's what they've been told. I want them to think for themselves, make their own decisions and do their own things. Expressing oneself through appearance is one of those things. I've also learned that the more you make of something the more trouble you'll have with it.

For example, how many times have you heard parents say that they forbade their teenager to get a piercing or wear their hair a certain way or get a tattoo and the teenager goes right out and does it? When Ryan had a foot and a half high blue mohawk and lip rings, I didn't say a thing. He figured out on his own pretty quickly that he needed to get rid of all of that if he wanted a job. TBH, I liked the hair. I don't like the piercings but, just like the hair, those can be removed and/or covered up.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

Old 10-31-2011, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_Cakes View Post

Cradle cap can be fungal or sebaceous gland related.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cradle_cap>

That's not quite accurate. Those are the two most common theories among doctors but there isn't any definitive proof of a cause. A baby can have a fungal infection that is mistaken for cradle cap but then it's not actually cradle cap.

D has had it on his scalp and his eyebrows. It seems to have completely cleared up on his eyebrows but he still has a bit on his scalp. He only looks like he has dandruff right after I brush it. Otherwise, you have to look very closely to see it under his hair.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

Old 10-31-2011, 09:49 AM - Thread Starter

On a whim I tried on my 8's!  They fit awesome!  Must be the cut on the 10's that didn't fit.  They were a little higher rise and a skinny leg. I feel on top of the friggin' world!!

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
Old 10-31-2011, 10:03 AM

Way to go Baby_Cakes! That's awesome!

DD has cradle cap too. It looks really bad after I brush her hair but otherwise, you can't tell unless you rub her head. She has it a bit in her eyebrows but I usually pick it out.

Annie wife v2.0 to DH and joyfully parenting DSS 18 jog.gif, DSD 15 knit.gif, DSD 14 banana.gif, DSS 12bikenew.gifand heart hero DD 2superhero.gif. angel1.gif 8/2010

Old 10-31-2011, 10:25 AM

joy.gif Carrie. See, that's what I found. Some of my pants fit fine, even a little loose, and some were still a bit too tight. I think it really depends a lot of the cut and style.

Another thing I keep forgetting to mention/ask about. I got some Rescue Remedy a while ago. I've only used it twice because I keep forgetting about it. I used it last night just before bed and was able to remain much more calm with all of Kellen's squirming and being a spaz. Ethan read some books (I am still amazed at how much he's just suddenly reading without being taught at all. I've determined that he's recognizing words by sight and context rather than using phonics. Paying attention to him reminded me that that was how I learned. I always use context to figure out words that I don't know.) and then I read a couple of books.

D fell asleep before I started reading. He didn't stay asleep, though. He does this every night. He usually falls asleep around 9 pm but wakes up after maybe 20-30 minutes. Then he's up until about 11. He's what I'm calling a sleep teaser. He lets me get to the brink of sleep 2-3 times and then starts fussing and squirming so that I have to sit up and sit him up and try to burp him then lay him back down. He eventually just drifts off contentedly so I don't know what's going on there.

But, with the Rescue Remedy, I felt nauseous within a few minutes of using it. I remembered feeling that way the first time I used it, too. I only used two small squirts. Anyone have any idea what's up with that? A strange reaction or something that can be normal.

Old 10-31-2011, 10:30 AM

Hmmm, I've never taken Rescue Remedy but I was going to get some for me for when DD goes in the hospital again. But I don't want to take it if it makes you nauseous.

DD sleeps like that too MW. I call it her fake sleep. She's getting better though at going down between 8-9 PM and sleeping until 1 or 2 AM. Well, that is before our hospital trip. Now she squirms and fusses and doesn't settle until I lay down with her and cuddle her to sleep.

Old 10-31-2011, 01:32 PM

Rescue Remedy.....that sounds like a possibility since fear and anxiety almost always originate in the abdominal area. Any reaction you may have should be veryyyy fleeting! 

WTG guys on the skinny pants! Woot! 

Consciously mothering 3 girls and 2 boys
Old 10-31-2011, 02:23 PM

Interesting, Kinder. It was fleeting and mild but did make me want to go to bed early.

Old 10-31-2011, 04:03 PM

I've never felt nauseus after using RR, and I just asked DH and he hasn't either. Although Kinder did bring up a good possible explanation. 

RE: the clothing expression/choices. What I used to do for the little girl I nannyed was set out a few different outfits that were weather/activity appropriate, and allow her to choose which one. With older kids I've seen people sort outfits into those hanging sweater holders, and then the child can just grab whichever one they want, and you keep replenishing it as they wear them each day. I like the idea of that. I'm not one that needs the kids to be dressed to the nines, especially for at home play, but it seems silly with all the choices not to have something that matches! lol. That said- you're right, and if it were ever a big deal, I know it's totally not worth a fight. But I know my insides would be twitching! lol.   I'll actually have a much easier time of it once the kids are older and wanting things like the crazy hair and piercings and tattoos. Backwards, but true!

The issue of position during co-sleeping is one of the reasons I'm pretty sure it isn't going to work for us for night time sleeps (bring on nap times though!). With DH and I in the bed, and just adding the dog, it already disrupts my sleep because I'm so worried about what position I'm in, in relation to the dog, and whether I'm hurting/kicking/annoying him etc. DH sleeps heavier, so the dog (and would be baby) are on my side. I know I'll be even more sensitive to the baby obviously, which means with DH in the bed, I'll spend the whole night trying not to move an inch--- and I'm the type that rolls over every hour during my sleep. That's why I'm sleeping so poorly right now I think, because I have to have a pillow in between my legs for my hips, and to remind myself not to roll over without thinking-- but then not being able to unconsciously roll when I need to, means I end up waking up more. 

Halloween-- I'm very disappointed in myself, but not dressing up at all. We did decorate the house, and bought candy, but I couldn't think of anything to dress up as that didn't mean damaging one of my maternity shirts- and that didn't seem worth it for 3 hours of handing out candy! lol

Saw the slings-- I'm debating it. There's someone near me selling a Hotsling in my size for $30... and I've been trying to convince myself to bite the bullet. Now this makes it harder!

Doula mama, medic daddy and Tenley Harper born naturally 11/29/11 delayedvax.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

Old 10-31-2011, 05:31 PM

i was going to say that if not matching would really bother you, you could set clothes up as outfits. at some point, though, i think you need to be ready for the child to want to mix her own things. i have to say that is one of my pet peeves. i can't stand it when i see parents insisting that their kids look a certain way (and matching is part of that). how one looks is so trivial, especially when it's something as superficial and easily changeable as clothes. idk how to explain my feelings on that. i think it goes back to how competitive and nasty some people are about stuff.

Old 10-31-2011, 06:29 PM

here we are all dressed up for halloween. we can't be the justice league since K was wolverine so i call us the justice team. hehe

Old 11-01-2011, 06:52 AM - Thread Starter

Love it, Alysia!!!  How fun!!  

heres us:

310535_10150900592795387_579845386_21527373_84236310_n.jpg

We had so much fun.  it was cold so we strategically hit dunkin donuts on our route and dh and i got coffee!!

Old 11-01-2011, 07:23 AM

So cute. I don't know much about the princesses, having all boys. Is Nora any one in particular?

We had fun. There are two people in the neighborhood who go all out. One builds a haunted house through his house and into his garage. He even had a website you could go to to get info. I forgot to look it up. The other one has stuff all over his yard and dresses up crazy. He reminds me of the guy from Texas Chainsaw Massacre. He holds a chain and swings and bangs it and really scares the kids (but not meanly). Kellen came away from his house with a huge grin saying, "Mommy, I was really scared!" and skipped away. I've never seen a scared kid so happy. He loved it! lol.gif

Old 11-01-2011, 07:27 AM

I took the liberty of starting a new thread for the new month.

http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1334765/november-2011-whatever-ladies-havin-babies#post_16726988

I hope I put it in the right place. I had to tag it before I could post it. That's new, huh?

Kat and mom2one ~ Please post your baby's birth dates so I can update the list.

User Tag List