October 2011 Whatever Ladies Havin' Babies! - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 286 Old 10-07-2011, 08:21 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

MW, how in the world did D stay asleep through all that?!? A would have been WIDE awake after the first transition!

Thinking of you akind1! I say if you are up to doing the trip, then go for it! Might be the last time you guys get out for a while!

JJ, sounds like you have things very organized! That's great!

Baby_Cakes, good luck w/cutting out soy. I don't envy you doing that.

AFM, been quiet around here the past few days. I'm trying to soak up as much time with DD as I possibly can. Sometimes I just stare at her and my heart hurts from how much I love her. Last night, we took her with us to this marriage seminar that DH wanted to go to. I stood in the back by the door listening in case DD started fussing. She slept for most of it but at one point she woke up and she wanted to "talk" to me. So she was cooing and smiling and just being so sweet and I looked away for a moment to look at the speaker and she reached up and touched my face! luxlove.gif

Annie wife v2.0 to DH and joyfully parenting DSS 18 jog.gif, DSD 15 knit.gif, DSD 14 banana.gif, DSS 12bikenew.gifand heart hero DD 2superhero.gif. angel1.gif 8/2010

#62 of 286 Old 10-08-2011, 04:49 AM - Thread Starter

Aww, Annie, that's just magical.  I love when babies talk to us.  It's hard to look away!!

The soy thing can be overwhelming if I think too much about it.  Right now, I'm just going to concentrate on eliminating obvious soy.  Then I'll take a look at breads and cereals where it might be hiding.  It doesn't feel like a death sentence, just...just serving some hard time.  I'll do anything for my baby.  He's going to be 8 weeks old on Tuesday, so hopefully within the next month or two, he starts outgrowing this anyway.

I have excellent news though.  I slept in my bed for the first time in over a month last night!! joy.gif  And he slept in the crook of my arm!! Ah-maze-ing!  I'm glad I risked it.  No puke at all!!  Though, I do still have to sit up to nurse (I came out to the recliner) it's so so so much more comfortable sleeping in a bed rather than on a couch!  I'll save this darn couch for emergencies now!

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#63 of 286 Old 10-08-2011, 06:45 AM

joy.gif Carrie.

Annie ~ Honestly, I have no idea how D slept through all of that. He doesn't sleep like that at home. Most of the time when he falls alseep in my arms and I try to put him down he wakes up within a few minutes, if not immediately. I get tired of running up and down the stairs so I usually don't bother putting him down. But it's a lot better if he does stay asleep because then Ethan and Kellen can play without me fussing at them to be quiet.

D's been talking to me a lot, too. The sweetest thing is when he's just sitting there, no expression, and I call his name or he looks up at me and just busts out into a huge smile. He's so happy to see me. The best thing ever!

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

#64 of 286 Old 10-08-2011, 07:58 AM

Awww ladies. Such good news all around! I can't wait for those little moments. The coos and the face grabs... or DH and I were tlaking yesterday about seeing her sneeze, and that sort of thing. All the little mundane acts that just seem so important and exciting when it's your own child. 

I'm at a crossroads with a decision right now, and talking myself in circles. Looking for input. One of the only big things we haven't bought is our stroller. It's expensive, and big, and we were trying to steer as many people towards it as possible in terms of registry/christmas gifts. I should add to this that I don't know -when- we are even having a shower. But, we figured if several several people were splitting the cost, it would make it easier. It's regular priced at $499, and I can buy it here in the city. They just announced the new 2012 model, and the only difference is the coloring. I like the coloring on the new one better, but not enough to pay significantly more for it. They aren't available until February anyways. 

Ok so problem-- Amazon just put the 'old'/current model on sale for $305- so with taxes and duties it's around $360. The one here in town has not been dropped in price yet at all to account for the 2012's coming out, even though they are now showing both on the website (at the same price), but it's about $550 with taxes. 

So we're trying to decide if we bite the bullet and just buy the one from Amazon ourselves (at a savings of almost $200), or if we wait and see if the one here int he city will go on sale-- and then still be available for other people to purchase, rather than having to spend all the money ourselves. It's a jogging stroller (though we do have the attachment for the carseat), so I'm not worried about having it right away when the baby is born, but I'm hesitant to miss a sale, and then end up paying the full $550 for it. *sigh* Decisions, decisions!

Doula mama, medic daddy and Tenley Harper born naturally 11/29/11 delayedvax.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#65 of 286 Old 10-08-2011, 08:39 AM

If it's something you really, really want, I think it depends on how sure you are that you will get it as a gift. If you will, then I say wait and let everyone else get it for you even if it costs more total. I don't see why you couldn't alert everyone to the fact that it's on sale on Amazon now so they should get it now if they are going to get it all. If you don't think it's likely that you'll get it as a gift, buy yourself while you can save a few bucks.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

#66 of 286 Old 10-08-2011, 11:46 AM

Totally agree w/ MW. My mom might gave bought our stroller, but we found it for 1/2 price on clearance at Target- online purchase, in store return, so we nabbed it. If you can get it at that significant a savings, you should.

Didn't go to the festival this weekend, but went to a great yard sale, got a nap, and now getting ready for a fish fry. Baby girl has moved down some more, which is good.

One way or another, I know she'll be here soon. Can't wait! But she's making me!

Katrina - Mama to Gabriel  sleepytime.gif 11/20/2009 and Norah vbac.gif 10/11/2011- married to Wayne - geek.gif novaxnocirc.gifbfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifcd.gif&nbspand now new baby Theodore born 3/11/13 vbac.gif

#67 of 286 Old 10-08-2011, 04:20 PM

ah, man. well, i guess i lost that bet.

we went to a homebirth celebration at my MW's house. it was nice. i saw someone i hadn't seen in a long time. i met someone who had read my birth story on here. how cool is that? i'm exhausted.

#68 of 286 Old 10-09-2011, 05:27 AM - Thread Starter

That is really cool.  I've never met an MDC mama IRL.  I keep hoping I will someday.  

Kat - she is really making you wait, but I'm amazed at how cool you're being! You rock, mama!  Giving me a lesson in patience for sure.  I sure hope labor starts for you today, or at least very very soon!!!

JJ - I would just buy the stroller at the cheaper price, especially if you aren't 100% sure people are planning to pool their money to get it for you.  Do you have a place to put it until you want to use it?  That's the only reason I could see to wait.  Which stroller is it?  I'm looking at joggers too.  I would love  a BOB Revolution but they are really $$$ and I'm not sure I need one that fancy.  

AFUs- Nora's birthday party was great yesterday.  I pretty much blew my diet but that's ok -- back on it today, and going to exercise and drink lots and lots of water.  The 3 glasses of wine really did me in!!  But, it was a party, so I can't really be mad.  It's not like I do that everyday (or even often at all) and no sense beating myself up or falling off the wagon.  She got some nice clothes too so she's set for the winter.  I think the only things I'll have to get her are new snow boots, and maybe a winter coat if hers doesn't fit.  Not a big deal at all!  I'm pleased.  

Finn was a bit fussy last night from about 4 am on.  Just gassy.  Lots of farts and couldn't settle.  I bet it was the wine I drank.  He seems to get gassy when I drink.  Poor baby.  But I did sleep until then in my bed!!  It's soooooo wonderfulllll!!!  Today we don't have anything planned, so just hanging out.  Cleaning up.  Low key Sunday.  

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#69 of 286 Old 10-09-2011, 06:01 AM

That's interesting about the wine and a gassy baby. I've read that alcohol in breastmilk disrupts baby's sleep but nothing about exactly how. D has slept really well the last 2 nights, which just happens to coincide with wearing the hazelwood necklace. Coincidence? I guess we'll see if it continues. There were several other babies at kids at the party yesterday with amber necklaces. The moms swear they work. Very cool.

I need to do winter clothes shopping for the boys. I've got to get it done soon before the stores around here run out. They seem to run out fast around here.

I've met several Mamas from MDC, mostly from the Finding Your Tribe board. We had a pretty big playgroup going in Hawaii. I got kicked out of that, though, for being too supportive of breastfeeding. About a year later the "leader" emailed me and asked me to come back but I declined. If I can't be myself and talk openly about breastfeeding in an AP group, I don't want to be involved in it.

What really frustrates me is that I don't have a problem with someone telling me to let it go, leave them alone, they understand what I'm saying and are going to make their own decisions, butt out, whatever. I guess maybe I intimidate people sometimes, though, and they can't tell me that. Or, they have been trained so well to be polite no matter what that they try to tell me in an indirect way and I don't get the message. Then I don't know they don't want to hear what I'm saying. I was asked to leave an online group once, too, for the same thing. redface.gif

#70 of 286 Old 10-09-2011, 06:42 AM - Thread Starter

How is it possible to be too supporitve of bf'ing??  Were you being militant about it or something? That's crazy.  Especially in an AP group!  Absurd!!  

I hope the necklace keeps working!  Which one did you get for D?  I can't decide which color I want to get for Finn.

#71 of 286 Old 10-09-2011, 07:12 AM

i got the 11" hazelwood and milk and butter amber one for D. the lighter amber is supposed to be most effective and milk and butter is the lightest. but, like i said before, they say the amber isn't very effective for teething in combo with anything else. the hazelwood effectiveness is not supposed to be affected. i'm fine with that since i got it mainly for reflux and colic, not teething, but it might help some if he starts teething early. i can get him a full amber necklace later.

you want the shortest necklace possible so baby can't chew on it. when i opened the 11" necklace, it looked tiny. i can wear it as an anklet. i was afraid it would be too tight on D. it fits perfectly. for some more perspective, i got 13.5" for K. he can chew on it but i'm not as concerned about him choking. i think a 12" would have been better for him but hazelaid doesn't have that size, i don't think. other stores on etsy have 12" necklaces. i got an adult 16" for E and t's a bit too long. the 13.5" would've probably worked for E.

i don't think i was being militant about it. i thought i was offering support and encouragement to someone who was doubting herself. i can't remember the details now but it was something like she was worried she wasn't making enough milk and/or needed to supplement with a bottle of formula but she didn't want to. she was getting pressure from family to give baby a bottle when it wasn't necessary. the baby was gaining weight and alert and developmentally on track. so, i continued to point out that a bottle wasn't necessary and all she needed to do was nurse her baby on demand. That sort of thing. she kept hemming and hawing and being wishy/washy about it and i kept telling her just to nurse her baby. i think she had already made up her mind to supplement and wanted to be told that was ok but she didn't say that and i was telling her just the opposite because I thought she was looking for support for breastfeeding so she got upset. she was making all kinds of excuses and complaining about how she really wanted to breastfeed but all of these obstacles were in her way. i think that was her way of saying she had decided she wasn't going to exclusively BF, which a lot of people seem to do. I'm a very blunt, straight forward person so I assume that people are saying exactly what they mean and respond to that.

she felt like i was hounding her or bombarding her or something and said something to the "leader" of the group, who told me that I needed to stop talking about stuff like that. She didn't tell me this one person was hurt or upset by what I was saying but that I was being too over the top about it all. I said if I couldn't be myself, I didn't want to be in the group and that was that. I found it pretty funny that she came back to me a year later asking me to rejoin because the group had moved so far away from AP that she wanted me back to try to reign in it. Nope, not gonna do it. not my problem at that point.

#72 of 286 Old 10-09-2011, 07:21 AM

and that's why I couldn't be a LC or LLL leader. I don't get those subtle messages and hurt people's feelings all the time. My dad and I both took an online questionnaire for Asperger's and we both were told that we could get diagnosed with it if we pursued it. That might explain a lot. lol.gif

Which brings me to this website. This is probably going to go against the UA but I don't care. This website hasn't gotten so far away from the original purpose that it's getting sad. I posted on the BF challenges board about D crying every time I offered my right breast and I got no, that's 0, responses. No one on this site has any help to offer with a situation like that. Where did all the experienced and knowledgeable breastfeeders go? They left this website because it's lost it's direction.

Even worse, I was reading a thread about a family that was struggling because they had gotten custody of children who had been abused and neglected. They were trying to use GD and everyone was getting frustrated because it wasn't "working" and they didn't know what to do. Someone actually suggested spanking young children who had come from abuse because it had worked with her 4yo! As if that weren't bad enough, no one really called her out on it. We can't tell people they are wrong anymore because the powers that be will start deleting posts and locking threads because we're not being nice. But I thought the point in this website was to have an oasis away from that kind of parenting, to spread the message that violent parenting is wrong and not accept excuses for it. apparently not. now we have to all-inclusive and politically correct. puke.gif

#73 of 286 Old 10-09-2011, 07:44 AM - Thread Starter

I feel you on that one.  I feel like so many mamas on here supplement (and not b/c of low supply issues or health issues) and will NOT hear advice about how to just bf on cue.  It's though they take offense to that.  I'm sorry you got no advice about your situation with D.  Has it resolved?  

What you said to that woman is exactly what I would have said too.  Sucks that ppl can't take advice for what it is, advice.  An opinion.  If they disagree, they need to SAY SOMETHING.  Far too many ppl get offended and then tattle.  I don't like that.  Stand up for yourself, ppl.

Oh and thanks for the input on sizing for the necklace.  I figured 11" would be what Finn needs.  I just can't decide which color beads.  I'm not going to get the amber mix b/c I have a seperate amber necklace already.  Is that faulty logic?  Hmm.

#74 of 286 Old 10-09-2011, 07:54 AM

Yeah, if you want to use a bottle sometimes, just say so. No biggie. But don't try to make a bunch of excuses why you have to as if you are looking for info or advice and then get upset when you get it.

I think that makes perfect sense. If you have an amber necklace already, you don't need a combo one. Ethan got all brown and Kellen got one with malachite. I let them pick them out. I was thinking of getting one with beads that match their birthstone colors. I think that would be cool.

#75 of 286 Old 10-09-2011, 09:14 AM

I've noticed that about these boards too. Some of the non-natural supportive parenting makes me so sad. A few years ago, it never would have been allowed-- now people are jumping all over the homebirthering and UC'ers, telling people they are risking their babies lives-- and nobody actually speaks up and says differently. I've noticed it a bit with every board you try out-- just in general practices that would have been vetoed a couple years ago, now seem to be commonplace, and now YOU'RE the bad one if you point out how research doesn't support it. 

Carrie-- It's the Baby Jogger City Elite. I've been in love with them forever. I would just end up storing it in the baby's room for now, and then downstairs in the basement after the room is actually put together. It's not ideal, but it's what we're doing with everything else we've amassed. lol. But yeah, I'm trying to figure out if we would get enough people to go in on it to bring the price down significantly, and I couldn't say for sure we would... so I agree, we are probably better off buying it ourselves. I can't see the one here in town ever dropping by $195, so it's the best price we'll get. 

Doula mama, medic daddy and Tenley Harper born naturally 11/29/11 delayedvax.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#76 of 286 Old 10-09-2011, 09:42 AM

jj ~ can you buy it and then ask for money? i ask for money for gifts a lot because i don't need another thing but i could use some cash to pay bills or offset the cost of buying gifts for the boys.

i was thinking about the change in these boards wrt the new private groups.That could be dangerous if you get private groups that promote or support or condone spanking or CIO or something just as harmful. If they are private, there won't be any voices to suggest another way. I came to this site for info, advice and support with AP because I couldn't find it anywhere else. This was supposed to be the one place where I wasn't the bad guy for advocating such things. But the tables have turned.

#77 of 286 Old 10-09-2011, 10:00 AM

There's definately that to think about. I was thinking of the other side of it actually-- the fact that the UC forum now is completely private--- all because otherwise people don't feel comfortable actually talking about it, and standing up for their beliefs without being harassed. How sad is that? That they have to hide away as if they're doing something wrong... it just makes me sad. It's becoming a mainstream forum, with little hidden pockets of AP and natural birth advocates tucked away in their little hideouts. *sigh*

Yeah, I was thinking about that with the stroller. DH was making up a cute poster beforehand, that we were going to send out to family members, with a picture of the stroller, and then "my new ride" on the top of it, in children's writing, and then have arrows pointing out all the cute features... kind of an explanation to people on why we want it so bad even though it's outrageously priced. I think we're going to try to finish that today, and then send it out in a FB message to the close family with an offer of "If you want a super easy xmas gift for baby or myself... Amazon gift cards greatly appreciated-- we want to order the stroller by the end of the week" or something similiar. It gives them an easy out without having to set foot in the stores, and allows us to take some money off the stroller. Although really, $350 seems like nothing compared to $550. lol. 

We bought tissue paper yesterday to do a trial run for the baby's room-- I want a couple of those martha stewart pom poms for over the glider... but we don't really like the color they come in, so we're making them ourselves. I'm nervous about how it's going to turn out! lol 

#78 of 286 Old 10-09-2011, 10:19 AM

oh, i had forgotten that some of the forums were now private. yeah, that is sad that they are put in hiding rather than banning those who were giving them a hard time. i think it has to do with money. i think the site doesn't have the money to pay enough moderators to do a good and fair job of monitoring posts rather than either leaving it a free-for-all or a dictatorship.

$350 isn't bad for a good stroller, especially if you're going to use it for jogging. you need a good one for that. i think i spent around $300 for mine, mostly for my dh who runs. of course, he hasn't been around enough to use it much.

#79 of 286 Old 10-10-2011, 09:13 AM

I've heard alot in the birthing forums about not being as supportive.  That's just sad.

Well, appointment . . . baby looks good in and of herself, but the fluid is on the low side at 8 (they like to see 10 or more). Combined with my blood pressure that's decided to spike  - 158/something - not a good thing. I've been ordered to rest and drink lots of fluids, so I'm going to. No more work for me until baby comes. My cervix hasn't changed a bit, so doc unwilling to induce at all right now. (**** 1.5 cm, 50% effaced, but anterior and soft) and her head is way high during the exam. I swear her head is lower most of the time.

Plan of action is wait and see on Weds, do a repeat scan to see if the fluid level has gone up, and if my BP is any better. If my cervix is making some progress, we'll induce (I really think either way - as long as cervix looks favorable) if not, then c-section.

I am still having contractions, and honestly they are more consistent when I'm sitting or layng down, so maybe baby girl was trying to tell me to rest. so I'll listen and hopefully she'll decide to come on her own before Weds.

She's on the short side and about 7 lbs, so at least the size isn't a concern. Her heartrate and breathing all look good too.

I'm going to go follow dr's orders and drink and nap. -

Katrina - Mama to Gabriel  sleepytime.gif 11/20/2009 and Norah vbac.gif 10/11/2011- married to Wayne - geek.gif novaxnocirc.gifbfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifcd.gif&nbspand now new baby Theodore born 3/11/13 vbac.gif

#80 of 286 Old 10-10-2011, 09:34 AM

ok. kat. TC.

D slept from about 11:30 to 5:30 last night! That's going in the book as the first time sleeping through the night. i don't expect it to happen again but that's cool.

#81 of 286 Old 10-10-2011, 01:49 PM - Thread Starter

1ht bc of my poor finger!!

For those not on FB, I cut my finger open with an immersion blender and needed 5 stitches.  It was awful!!  I was terrified of the whole thing but got thru the needle the same way i got thru ctx. the whole process was worse than labor.  It hurts so bad now, its all i can do not to fall apart,

Woo hoo Kat!!  I hope she comes on her own, but how exciting wed is the day regardless!!  How are you holding up?  No work is a good thing!!  Rest, enjoy time with your DS (did i just say that when that was the one thing that ppl said that pissed me off??  Sorry!!) and get ready to meet sweet Norah!!

Oh -- lost 1.2 lbs from last week!  I think I would have lost more but Nora's party did me in.  Wine, chips, etc.  I'm glad no parties for awhile!!  I want to get this weight off!  Sadly workouts will have to wait til my finger heals.  greensad.gif

#82 of 286 Old 10-10-2011, 02:12 PM

Kat-- sending good labor vibes towards you. Maybe all baby girl needs is for you to have a little bit of relax time, so give her the mental a-ok to come. Sending lots of peaceful thoughts your way over the next couple days. Either way, you'll get to meet her soon! Get lots of rest, and more fluids than you think you can handle- that should help with both the fluid levels and the BP. 

MW-- Yay for sleep! I would love for this baby girl to be a good sleeper, but at least I'm used to getting up 8 times a night to pee right now! lol

I officially put in my notice at work today-- November 12th will be my last day. So that's another almost 5 weeks... and means working until just past 37 weeks. We'll see how it goes, but at least I've given then a date. But then of course |I go to work today (after 4 whole days off! Wonderful it was!) and my legs are so swollen now... sigh. I don't know if I'll actually last that long. 

#83 of 286 Old 10-11-2011, 10:11 AM

Hi Ladies! 

I am always a lurker, but I figured I should try to post more often so I'm not the creepy stalker LOL

I hope you are getting plenty of rest Kat! May the baby come soon and slide out like butter :P

MW - that is awesome about baby sleeping through the night. Arianna was SUCH a great sleeper, I was actually worried about my supply during the night! I would actually TRY to nurse her and she just wouldn't wake up. It was kinda funny.

NOW however, she is up several times a night..........I'm thinking its more of a teething problem/sometimes a growth spurt. I just ordered an amber necklace, and its supposed to be here tomorrow, so here's hoping that helps. I'm thinking of leaving it on her at night (some people do) as long as it is securely in her pajamas.....do you think this is stupid? Or should I loop it around her ankle like some people? I sleep in necklaces all the time - I just can't imagine it actually choking someone.

Carrie - Sorry about your finger, sheesh!

jj - Good luck working up until then. At least you have something to look forward to now. I have never had swollen anything with any of my pregnancies so I can't imagine how hard that must be!

I just had to share a pic of all my littles joy.gif

kidspic.jpg

caffix.gif wife and forever in love with J jammin.gif  - Mom to 4 girls K blahblah.gif '01' J energy.gif '06' M bouncy.gif '08' &  A drool.gif '11'  nocirc.gif  saynovax.gif

#84 of 286 Old 10-11-2011, 11:04 AM

what a beautiful photo, annie. beautiful girls!

i leave D's necklace on all the time. i especially need it on him at night so that we can all sleep better, hopefully. it never occurred to that could be a choking hazard. i do worry sometimes about the necklace getting turned around. it seems to want to hang in the back instead of the front, i guess because he's always at least slightly leaned back. shrug.gif

kat had her baby! joy.gif i don't have any details. can't wait for her to post her story since she was so close to being induced or needing another c/s.

#85 of 286 Old 10-12-2011, 08:24 AM

Yay!!! Can't wait to hear from her. 

I'm on another two day off stretch-- hoping to be productive AND relax. I want to make a batch of granola bars (new recipe, but they're supposed to freeze really well) and then a massive load of no bake cookies to freeze as well. And well, we need to put up walls in our basement too. lol. I'm really hoping the framing part goes smoothly. 

Annie-- They're gorgeous!!

The hardest part is realizing how the swelling affects things-- ie coming home at the end of the day and not being able to squat to get something out of the fridge because the pressure on my legs is too much in that position. It makes me feel very, very, large and 'sick'. 

#86 of 286 Old 10-12-2011, 08:31 AM

JJ ~ I swell like that. The only thing that anyone knows of to help is to drink tons of water. Getting off your feet and putting them up above your heart may help as well. Not sure how much you can do that at work.

annie ~ I meant to say that I do the same thing re: nursing at night with my babe. I would try to wake him up to nurse but it doesn't work. lol.gif

#87 of 286 Old 10-12-2011, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineWife View Post

i leave D's necklace on all the time. i especially need it on him at night so that we can all sleep better, hopefully. it never occurred to that could be a choking hazard. i do worry sometimes about the necklace getting turned around. it seems to want to hang in the back instead of the front, i guess because he's always at least slightly leaned back. shrug.gif

Exactly the bolded part!! I think it should be fine......like I said, if I ever get around to putting a necklace on I usually leave it on for at least one overnight (just being lazy) and even if I wake up with it "behind" me (hanging in the back) it doesn't even feel remotely like its choking me.

jj - that is exactly what I would imagine it feeling like.......just bloated and blaaaah. I always felt super lucky I never had swelling! And now I really really want no bake cookies! (word to the wise - don't eat chocolate when baby get's here and/or marinara sauce!)

yay Kat had her baby!! So happy for her!

afm - I had to go to the ER last night with A.........my ten year old was holding her and she put her down on her arm weird (didn't see it, so I'm not sure what happened) and A was crying and not moving her arm AT ALL.

After the x-rays (which had me crying my eyes out right with her!!) we went back to the holding room and all of the sudden she just started moving it like nothing happened! It was crazy. The doc's said she might have had something that popped out - and the moving around for the x-rays kinda put it back in.

I have a stress headache from it all...........I always worry that I am going to end up with the wrong doc and CPS is going to get called, and then they will realize that I don't vax (and usually don't do well baby visits - lol) and I'll have a problem.....ugh.

caffix.gif wife and forever in love with J jammin.gif  - Mom to 4 girls K blahblah.gif '01' J energy.gif '06' M bouncy.gif '08' &  A drool.gif '11'  nocirc.gif  saynovax.gif

#88 of 286 Old 10-13-2011, 06:30 AM

Hi everyone!

I am so excited to hear that Kat had her baby!  Hopefully I can come on any day now and say that I too had my baby!  I am ready!  I am 38weeks 4 days today.  I have an appointment today with the OB. Last week she checked me and I was 2-3 cm and 75% efface (which I know means nothing).  She checked me only because I live 1,5 hours away and the night before I had about 2 hours of contractions every 5-7 minutes, so she didn't want me to go too far away in case I was closer than I thought!  Anyway, the ultrasound showed that the baby was fine - about 3 kg and fluid looked good, cord was fine etc.  So today we will see what happens.  I am going to go prepared to go to my mom's house and stay there since she is a lot closer to the hospital then I am.  I think my dds are going to go stay at her house for a couple of days too - I am just exhausted and cranky and I feel bad for them! lol

I have been crocheting like crazy the last few days!  I want to get my orders all done up so I can concentrate on making something for my own little one.  I made the sweetest little lamb hat in case it is a girl, and I have a newsboy hat and cocoon set - one in pink and one in blue!

I had a friend come over yesterday with her little girl -she actually took my girls to the park for a couple of hours first so I could rest - anyway we were sharing labor stories etc and I was like I just DO NOT want to be induced - I want to have the best chance of no meds as possible as she was like WHY????  I had an epidural and I HIGHLY recommend it!  It was the best yada yada yada..... she was like my family was able to come right after and I was feeling great etc.  I was like, well, my family came in right after and I was feeling fine too.  It's like she thought I was crazy to do it naturally!  I am very non-confrontational so I just smiled and nodded but in my head I was so mad - to have someone try to make me feel weird or crazy for NOT taking drugs???  

Annie - I love the pic of your girls!  I usually do fall pictures with the beautiful leaves here but so far I haven't gotten around to it this year yet, maybe if the weather clears up (raining- again) I will get around to it in the next few days. Hopefully the wind does pick up and blow them all away!

Have a great day!

SAHM to DD1 - 6 blahblah.gif, DD2- 3energy.gif,DS Oct 2011 babyboy.gif Wife to dh.   homeschool.giftoddler.gif  sleepytime.giffamilybed1.gif

#89 of 286 Old 10-13-2011, 07:42 AM

mom2one ~ you surprised me at first saying you hoped to be having your baby soon. i checked the roster yesterday and noted that you only had a couple more weeks. it never occurs to me that anyone could have their baby 2 weeks before their EDD (even though i had mine a few days early).

It is really sad and annoying when people act is if doing things the normal, natural way is strange. Technology is supposed to be an advancement of civilization so anyone not taking advantage of the technology available to them must be primitive or barbaric. It's so much more civilized and lady-like to let someone give you drugs so you can lay there tranquilly and let someone else (usually a man) tell you what to do and when. You know you are doing the right thing for you and your baby so don't worry about her. Most of the time it's not worth it to get confrontational with people like that. They will just get defensive and angry because when we express why we have babies without drugs the implication is that having a baby with drugs is dangerous and harmful. people don't want to admit or accept that they've done something potentially harmful to their babies just for their own personal comfort. That's one of those moments when living by example is probably best. I only argue about natural birth vs. inductions and epis when I'm talking to someone planning to have a baby who may not have any other perspective. KWIM?

Carrie ~ I think you asked forever ago if D was still refusing my right breast. The short answer is no. He will take it sometimes but seems to prefer my left. The best way I have found to overcome it is to nurse him on my left first and then on my right during the same feeding. Of course, that defeats any progress I've made with block nursing and just exacerbates the problem in the long run.

the strangest thing happened with D yesterday. we were at TKD and a family was there that we hadn't seen in months. i was still pg last time we saw each other. so, they were fussing over D. the man loves babies so he held D for quite awhile. finally, he passed D to his wife. D sat there for a few moments staring at this man now talking to K. then D started crying. i mean, really sad crying, which he rarely does. the wife passed D back to her husband and he stopped crying instantly. as if that weren't enough, when the man gave D back to me, he got sad again. he didn't outright cry but he kind of fussed and got that sad face. he liked that man more than me. greensad.gif

#90 of 286 Old 10-13-2011, 08:08 AM

MW - awwwww, no way! Babies know who their momma is hug.gif.

In no way the same - but somewhat similar - when M was a baby (about 9-18 months especially) she was in LOVE with my mom! She would literally throw a tantrum most of the time when I had to take her away to go home! It didn't really hurt my feelings because I figured "hey - at least I get a good break when my mom is around!" LOL She has since outgrown the excessive attachement, but obviously still loves my mom.

The longest I have ever been pregnant was 38weeks and 3 days. The only time I was induced was the first time (I kinda wonder how much longer I would have went without being induced). I was young and didn't know about the dangers of being induced........of course I ended up in a emergency c-section! Luckily I have been able to have two successful VBAC's after :)

I seriously can not IMAGINE being pregnant those last few weeks (or month if you go to 42 weeks!) Your bodies are amazing! thumb.gif Mine is like.........ummmmmm........I can't take it anymore!!!!! lol.gif

mom2one - I have always ended up getting the epidural because of serious back labor...........I have a tilted uterus and the baby literally grows towards my back - the OPPOSITE way of most momma's. I don't even start showing until about 6 or 7 months and even as I'm walking into the hospital to have my LO, I look about 7 to 8 months at the most. Strange - I know.... Anyways - I have nothing but admiration for all of you momma's who can labor naturally. ahhhmazing! 

I am a wimp redface.gif

Oh, I was also going to say - A doesn't like my left breast very much..........my right is literally a whole cup size bigger!!! It's kinda funny because nursing on my left side has always been more comfortable to ME, but all of my kids seems to like the right side much better.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page