Which pre-natal vitamins are more popular here? x-posted - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-07-2011, 04:47 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Please chime in with your best liked pre-natal vitamins and where you buy them please. Do you supp any other vitamins or minerals when you are pregnant or TTC? Like Iron, Calcium, Vit-D and more? Teas? TIA

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-08-2011, 12:07 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Chiming in...  bought at our co op and on Amazon.

http://www.newchapter.com/multi-vitamins/perfect-prenatal

and... now finding on line... we paid too much at the co op! 

http://www.newchapter.com/multi-vitamins/perfect-prenatal

LO is up.. write more later

'09   
Old 10-08-2011, 12:17 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I take New Chapter's Perfect Prenatal as well. I use the subscription on Amazon, and it is at least 50% off of the in-store price.

Wife to DH, mama to bikenew.gif DD (7) ribboncesarean.gif, babyf.gif DS born 3/12 ribboncesarean.gif, and have had five early losses. angel1.gif
I have Stiff Person Syndrome and my other car is a candy apple red Rascal. Feel free to ask me about it. wheelchair.gif
Old 10-08-2011, 02:15 AM

Location: A state whose Medicaid does not cover circumcision! :)

Garden of Life Raw Prenatal, all the way!!!  I dont like all the soy in the New Chapter.  Here is where I get it, its the cheapest I've found

http://www.amazon.com/Garden-Life-Raw-Prenatal-capsules/dp/B002JOVOVY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1318061714&sr=8-1

I also take Carlsons fish oil supps

Old 10-08-2011, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1love4ever View Post

Garden of Life Raw Prenatal, all the way!!!  I dont like all the soy in the New Chapter.  Here is where I get it, its the cheapest I've found

http://www.amazon.com/Garden-Life-Raw-Prenatal-capsules/dp/B002JOVOVY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1318061714&sr=8-1

I also take Carlsons fish oil supps

I agree with the Carlsons.  I also drank raw milk egg nogg (daily), bone broths, followed an TF diet the whole way. 

Curious...  the organic soy in New Chapter is cultured, the organic soy in the Garden of life is fermented.  I see no difference.  I will say I enjoy that the Garden of Life does not state they have waxes, etc...  I see that the Garden of Life has quite a bit of soy, natto, fermented, etc.  The New Chapter only has 1 item of soy.  I went with New Chapter due to the amount of yeast in Garden of Life... I simply cannot digest them that well and New Chapter does not have as much. 

I see them both as great products. 

'09   
Old 10-08-2011, 11:24 AM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the New Chapter is cultured with lactic-acid loving bacteria. That is making essentially the same changes in soy as fermenting would. Culturing is pretty much just a way of saying you fermented in a controlled environment, which both companies do. The real issue is uncultured/fermented soy, which doesn't work as well in the body.

Either way, I've noticed a big improvement over conventional vitamins. No more puking! No more being forced to take them at night, and hope I can fall asleep before they dissolve!

Wife to DH, mama to bikenew.gif DD (7) ribboncesarean.gif, babyf.gif DS born 3/12 ribboncesarean.gif, and have had five early losses. angel1.gif
I have Stiff Person Syndrome and my other car is a candy apple red Rascal. Feel free to ask me about it. wheelchair.gif
Old 10-08-2011, 01:12 PM

I had heard that GOL contains less soy?  But now I am not so sure.   I like certain things about the New chapter such as that there is more vitamin K, but I dont like the extra ingredients: Organic gum acacia, silica, lac resin, carnauba wax and sunflower oil, and I thought there was more soy than in the GOL, I will look into it though.  I also dont feel the need to take large doses of vitamin B other than maybe in early pregnancy to help with morning sickness. 

I do completely agree that no matter which whole foods vitamin you take, it will not make you sick like the mainstream Walmart vitamins will, and your body will absorb and use them SO much better than the synthetic ones.  One whole foods vitamin that I can not recommend though is Rainbow Lights Certified Organics because of the ginseng it contains.

Old 10-08-2011, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cameragirl View Post

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the New Chapter is cultured with lactic-acid loving bacteria. That is making essentially the same changes in soy as fermenting would. Culturing is pretty much just a way of saying you fermented in a controlled environment, which both companies do. The real issue is uncultured/fermented soy, which doesn't work as well in the body.
Either way, I've noticed a big improvement over conventional vitamins. No more puking! No more being forced to take them at night, and hope I can fall asleep before they dissolve!

Yep... you are correct.  When I was pregnant I was working with a chapter leader of a WAPF.  She, of course, is on that wave of lactic-acid loving bacteria... at that stage of my life, I had no clue.. these days we ferment everything with whey... which honestly... I am considering going vegan... but we do still have raw milk in the house.  My husband is a TF cook and has a few families we still ferment for... our family is just changing our ways.  I would not change a thing during my pregnancy. 

Glad to hear you have had a big improvement on the non-conventional vitamins. 

'09   
Old 10-08-2011, 11:20 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

I had heard that GOL contains less soy?  But now I am not so sure.   I like certain things about the New chapter such as that there is more vitamin K, but I dont like the extra ingredients: Organic gum acacia, silica, lac resin, carnauba wax and sunflower oil, and I thought there was more soy than in the GOL, I will look into it though.  I also dont feel the need to take large doses of vitamin B other than maybe in early pregnancy to help with morning sickness. 

I do completely agree that no matter which whole foods vitamin you take, it will not make you sick like the mainstream Walmart vitamins will, and your body will absorb and use them SO much better than the synthetic ones.  One whole foods vitamin that I can not recommend though is Rainbow Lights Certified Organics because of the ginseng it contains.

I don't see Ginseng on my bottle of Rainbow Lights - what am I missing?

Edit : This is what I have http://www.rainbowlight.com/Categories.aspx?Category=d83213e2-f71d-43ff-836d-c71835132d2f

Old 10-08-2011, 11:44 PM - Thread Starter

Comparing Rainbow Light ingredients and New Chapter - a few things jump to mind. Please chime in with thoughts.

http://www.newchapter.com/multi-vitamins/perfect-prenatal#supplement-facts

NC has 100% of vit A. Meaning when I intake more Vit A from food that would be an overdose and I think it is not good to overdose on Vit A - Correct me if I am wrong?

Although NC says it has 5000 IU of Vit A (as beta carotene). RL says it has 4000 IU of Vit A (50% as palmitate and 50% as beta carotene) but that constitutes only 50% of Vit A???? Still it has less than NC so RL gets one point extra here.

NC serving size is 3 capsules whereas RL is 1. RL gets another extra point here. Leading by 2 points.

NC has extracts of lemon balm and peppermint which are strict no-nos while breastfeeding (they dry milk up). Since we need to take prenatals even while breastfeeding - RL gets another extra point here. Leading by 3 points.

RL has Vit D as D2 - 100%, where as NC has Vit D3 250% so NC leads by 1 point . Overall RL is leading for me by 2 points

RL has 200 mg of Calcium whereas NC has 75 mg. So RL gains another point. Leading by 3 points again. AM I being silly? :-)  Although NC has algae calcium and RL has Carbonate so I don't know which absorbs really well.

RL Iron 167% , NC 100%   RL gains another point 4 point lead

RL Iodine (from Kelp) 100%, NC 60%   . I am slightly hypothyroid and don't take iodized salt. I think RL gains another point here. 5 point lead

NC contains a blend of cruciferous veggies like cauliflower, broccoli and cabbage which cause gas and bloating during pregnancy whereas RL contains ginger which aids in digestion. 6 point lead

I don't know - overall I feel Rainbow Light is leading by a 6 point lead. Why do people prefer New Chapter so much?

Please enlighten me :-)

Thanks so much.

Old 10-08-2011, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blessed_Mom View Post

Comparing Rainbow Light ingredients and New Chapter - a few things jump to mind. Please chime in with thoughts.

http://www.newchapter.com/multi-vitamins/perfect-prenatal#supplement-facts

NC has 100% of vit A. Meaning when I intake more Vit A from food that would be an overdose and I think it is not good to overdose on Vit A - Correct me if I am wrong?

If from a food source, you are safe to consume much more than the FDA recommendation for vitamin A. Toxicity studies were done with conventional vitamins originally. Newer studies show that in food form, even 50,000 iu can be safe.

RL has 200 mg of Calcium whereas NC has 75 mg. So RL gains another point. Leading by 3 points again. AM I being silly? :-)  Although NC has algae calcium and RL has Carbonate so I don't know which absorbs really well.
With calcium, it is often better to not get as much in the multi, and instead get it at another time. Taking iron at the same time as calcium causes lower absorption of both.

All in all, it really depends on what you prefer and what your needs are. You can always switch after birth or close to birth if you want. To each their own.

Old 10-09-2011, 12:01 AM

I take the Rainbow Light Complete Prenatal System, which is 6 huge pills. This was ok before I got pregnant, but I can barely choke down 6 pills now. It's a great prenatal if you can get it down.

I've noticed that the RL Prenatal One is a lot more popular around here (and I now understand why).

-maryam-

mother to a little silly goose boy (May 2012) + seven non-human kiddos + five who have passed on stillheart.gif

partner to a babywearing, dirt-digging, diaper-washing, hammer-wielding programmer since November 2003

Old 10-09-2011, 12:10 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryamrose View Post

I take the Rainbow Light Complete Prenatal System, which is 6 huge pills. This was ok before I got pregnant, but I can barely choke down 6 pills now. It's a great prenatal if you can get it down.

I've noticed that the RL Prenatal One is a lot more popular around here (and I now understand why).

What is the benefit of the complete prenatal system versus the one-a-day?

Old 10-09-2011, 12:35 AM

Complete Prenatal System has more vit A, C, D, E, K, B-1, B-2, Niacin, B-6, Folic Acid (1000 mcg vs. 800), B-12 (the more absorbable methylcobalamin as opposed to cyanocobalamin), biotin, B-5, way more calcium (1000 mg vs. 200), magnenium, pretty much all the other minerals...

Honestly, now that I look at it, it's probably not worth it to choose this over the one-pill version. I might just switch and make sure to get calcium in my diet.

-maryam-

mother to a little silly goose boy (May 2012) + seven non-human kiddos + five who have passed on stillheart.gif

partner to a babywearing, dirt-digging, diaper-washing, hammer-wielding programmer since November 2003

Old 10-09-2011, 12:38 AM

Quote:

What is the benefit of the complete prenatal system versus the one-a-day?

The vitamin content is different, and you get less in the ONE pill since it is only one pill a day.

Rainbow Light Prenatal One:

Supplement Facts
Serving Size:
Servings Per Container:
Amount per Serving% Daily Value
Vitamin A as Palmitate 3,500 IU, Beta-Carotene 2,500 IU 6,000 IU75%
Vitamin C Ascorbic Acid 100 mg167%
Vitamin D Cholecalciferol 400 IU100%
Vitamin E d-alpha Tocopheryl Succinate 100 IU333%
Vitamin K Phytonadione 65 mcg
Thiamin (B1) 10 mg588%
Riboflavin (B2) 10 mg500%
Niacin (B3) 20 mg100%
Vitamin B6 Pyridoxine 15 mg600%
Folate,Folic Acid,Folacin 800 mcg100%
Vitamin B12 Cyanocobalamin 25 mcg313%
Biotin 300 mcg100%
Pantothenic acid Vitamin B-5 15 mg150%
Calcium Carbonate, Citrate-Malate 200 mg15%
Iron Amino Acid Chelate 30 mg167%
Iodine from Kelp 150 mcg100%
Magnesium Oxide 100 mg22%
Zinc Citrate 15 mg100%
Selenium Selenomethionine 100 mcg
Copper Amino Acid Chelate 2 mg100%
Manganese Citrate 2 mg
Chromium Amino Nicotinate 120 mcg
Molybdenum Amino Acid Chelate 75 mcg
Potassium Citrate 10 mg
Boron Glycinate 1 mg
Choline Bitartrate 10 mg*
Inositol 10 mg*
PABA 10 mg*
Plant Source Enzymes
Protease 660 HUT*
Amylase 226 DU*
Lipase 2 LU*
Cellulase 3 CU*
Food and Herbal Ingredients
Spirulina 20 mg*
Ginger (rhizome) Fresh Juice 10:1 Extract equivalent to 20 mg of herbal powder 20 mg*
Red Raspberry *(leaf) 2:1 Extract equivalent to 100 mg of herbal powder 50 mg*

Rainbow Light Complete Prenatal:
Supplement Facts
Serving Size:6 Tablets
Servings Per Container:30
Amount per Serving% Daily Value
Vitamin A as 50% Beta-Carotene, 50% Palmitate 5000 IU62%
Vitamin C Magnesium Ascorbate 250 mg417%
Vitamin D Cholecalciferol 800 IU200%
Vitamin E as d-alpha tocopheryl succinate 200 IU667%
Vitamin K as Phytonadione 100 mcg*
Thiamin (B1) 30 mg1765%
Riboflavin (B2) 35 mg1750%
Niacin (B3) 40 mg200%
Vitamin B6 Pyridoxine 20 mg800%
Folate,Folic Acid,Folacin 1000 mcg125%
Vitamin B12 as Methylcobalamin 60 mcg750%
Biotin 600 mcg200%
Pantothenic acid 60 mg600%
Calcium Carbonate, Amino Acid Chelate 1000 mg77%
Iron Amino Acid Chelate 30 mg167%
Iodine from Kelp 150 mcg100%
Magnesium Oxide, Ascorbate 500 mg111%
Zinc Amino Acid Chelate 15 mg100%
Selenium Selenomethionine 200 mcg
Copper 1.5 mg75%
Manganese Amino Acid Chelate 6 mg
Chromium Amino Acid Chelate 200 mcg
Molybdenum Amino Acid Chelate 50 mcg
Potassium as Citrate 50 mg
Lemon Bioflavonoid 80 mg*
Rutin 10 mg*
Choline (As Chlorine Bitartrate) 120 mg*
Inositol 20 mg*
PABA (para-aminobenzoic acid) 10 mg*
Lactobacillus Cultures 30000000 CFU*
Digestive Support Complex
Protease 3600 HUT*
Amylase 282 DU*
Lipase 3 LU*
Cellulase 3 CU*
Betaine HCI 60 mg*
Superfood Vitality Blend
Organic Spirulina 900 mg*
Alfalfa (Medicago Sativa) Juice 60 mg*
Chlorella (organic) 150 mg*
Geramium (Pelargonium Graveleons) Essential Oil (equivalent to 500 mg of herbal powder) 89 mg*
Red Raspberry Extract 4:1
Chamomilla Recutita (Chamomile) Extract 4:1
Ginger Extract 10:1, Fresh Juice
* Daily Value not established.

Old 10-09-2011, 12:39 AM

Just for comparison's sake, here is the info for the New Chapter Perfect Prenatal.

Supplement Facts
Serving Size: 3 Tablets
Servings Per Container: 32
Amount per serving % Daily Value
Vitamin A 5000 IU 100%
Vitamin C 60 mg 100%
Vitamin D 1000 IU 250%
Vitamin E 30 IU 100%
Vitamin K 70 mcg 88%
Thiamin (B1) 4 mg 267%
Riboflavin (B2) 5 mg 294%
Niacin (B3) 20 mg 100%
Vitamin B6 5 mg 250%
Folate,Folic Acid,Folacin 600 mcg 150%
Vitamin B12 30 mcg 500%
Biotin 300 mcg 100%
Pantothenic acid 10 mg 100%
Calcium (from Algae) 75 mg 7.5%
Iron 18 mg 100%
Iodine 90 mcg 60%
Magnesium (80% cultured, 20% from Algae) 15 mg 3%
Zinc 7.5 mg 50%
Selenium 50 mcg 71%
Copper 750 mcg 38%
Manganese 2 mg 100%
Chromium 100 mcg 83%
Molybdenum 20 mcg 27%
MK-7 (Vitamin K2) 10 mcg*
Mixed Carotenoids 3 mg*
Prenatal Herbal Blend **See Product Details for Additional Information 300 mg*
Breast Support Blend (sprouted seeds) Organic Broccoli, Cauliflower, Kale, Daikon Radish, Cabbage, Mustard) 100 mg*
* Daily Value not established.

Old 10-09-2011, 09:45 AM

I love love love my nutraMetrix Isotonix Prenatal Multivitamin! It comes in powder form that you mix with water to make liquid. I feel like my body digests and absorbs liquid vitamins so much more efficiently. I started out on a pill-form prenatal early in my pregnancy and felt way better when I switched over to this! My midwife recommends liquid vitamins to all of her clients. It also makes it easy to make a vitamin cocktail when adding other supplements to your regimen. Just mix them all together and drink. So I take my prenatal, liquid Vitamin D, and cod liver oil. I also recently started drinking Natural Calm magnesium and calcium supplement. As for teas, I drink red raspberry leaf tea on occasion.

First came partners.gif then cat.gif then another cat.gif and then babygirl.gif (11/11)
Old 10-09-2011, 04:16 PM

Quote:

I don't see Ginseng on my bottle of Rainbow Lights - what am I missing?

Edit : This is what I have http://www.rainbowlight.com/Categories.aspx?Category=d83213e2-f71d-43ff-836d-c71835132d2f

You are not taking the whole foods based prenatal, you are taking their synthetic vitamin supp.  Their whole foods prenatal http://www.rainbowlight.com/Categories.aspx?Category=813a0ae1-626d-4be4-9168-39afa1ff6151 is this one.  Your body will not absorb near the nutrients that it would if you were taking a whole foods based prenatal.  And many of the synthetic vitamins are created using nasty chemicals and genetically modified ingredients.  I would still take the one that you are taking over One-A-Day Womens by Bayer any day if I could only take one of the 2, but if I had the option of any prenatal on the market which I do, it would be GOL, New Chapter or maybe MegaFoods Baby and Me Herb Free.

Old 10-09-2011, 04:46 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

You are not taking the whole foods based prenatal, you are taking their synthetic vitamin supp.  Their whole foods prenatal http://www.rainbowlight.com/Categories.aspx?Category=813a0ae1-626d-4be4-9168-39afa1ff6151 is this one.  Your body will not absorb near the nutrients that it would if you were taking a whole foods based prenatal.  And many of the synthetic vitamins are created using nasty chemicals and genetically modified ingredients.  I would still take the one that you are taking over One-A-Day Womens by Bayer any day if I could only take one of the 2, but if I had the option of any prenatal on the market which I do, it would be GOL, New Chapter or maybe MegaFoods Baby and Me Herb Free.

Wow - ok..So the Vits need to say "Whole Foods" is it? I read that earlier in some comment and thought, naively that they were getting it from the supermarket "Whole Foods".

If you had to pick only one - which would it be? Thanks

Old 10-09-2011, 11:45 PM

Quote:

Wow - ok..So the Vits need to say "Whole Foods" is it? I read that earlier in some comment and thought, naively that they were getting it from the supermarket "Whole Foods".

If you had to pick only one - which would it be? Thanks

Oh, no its not because its from the store Whole Foods, its because the vitamins and minerals in the suppplement are created from whole foods and no synthetic chemicals, they must say whole foods based or something along those lines.  I would choose Garden of Life, that is what I am taking currently.  I think that the other 2 that I mentioned are fine too though, so it is really personal choice.  I posted a link in my first post (post #4) to Amazons GOL prenatals, which are the cheapest I have found them.  That is what I order every month:)

Old 10-10-2011, 11:20 AM - Thread Starter

One more question - I am puzzled. My RL bottle says that the Vitamins are 100% natural. Doesn't natural automatically mean "non synthetic"?

Old 10-10-2011, 12:39 PM

I'm taking the Rainbow Light Prenatal One and Floradix.

Midwife (CPM, LDM) and homeschooling mama to:
14yo ds   11yo dd  9yo ds and 7yo ds and 2yo ds  
Old 10-10-2011, 04:06 PM

No, natural means absolutey nothing.  It means that it doesnt have any artificial colorings or preservatives which are bad for you, but I think even a vitamin that had those things could use the term "natural" because legally it is not defined, so ANY product can say natural no matter how toxic it is.  The term that has meaning is Organic.  It actually is legally defined and does have to be certified.

For example, corn grits, which are made from genetically modifed corn(HORRIBLE for you!) and the corn is HEAVILY sprayed with herbicides, pesticides, and synthetic fertilizers, yet the product is labeled natural, most products use the term to mean no artificial flavors, colors, or preservatives.  You really just have to read ingredient labels and not just go by what their advertising says.

Old 10-14-2011, 12:21 AM

Natural really isn't regulated. Organic is. For example, "natural" flavorings just means that the flavoring originally came from food and wasn't synthesized. However, that flavoring could have been chemically expressed, treated to make it stronger, etc. It is definitely an abused term by food and drug companies.

Most mamas I've spoken to either like the New Chapter Perfect Prenatal, Rainbow Life, or Garden of Life Raw Prenatal.

Old 10-14-2011, 09:17 AM

A note regarding Calcium - it's probably better if your prenatal doesn't have a lot, since they're more likely to use Calcium Carbonate because it's cheaper, but it's more likely to be contaminated with heavy metals since it usually comes from oyster shells.

I take the Rainbow Light Once a Day prenatals, and have been doing so for over 6 years (well, some of that time I took the Trader Joe's prenatals, which are supposedly made by RL? But the Amazon price is about the same and I'm not near TJs any more so I went back to RL). When I initially did a comparison, I didn't know about NC or GOL, I was comparing to something like CVS brand and a prescription prenatal, and I looked up all kinds of charts of ideal intake during pregnancy and lactation. Amy Ogle's "Before Your Pregnancy" has some very comprehensive info about vitamins. Between those choices, RL was the obvious winner, though there were some things missing that I was able to supplement. I agree about whole food supplements, though, and I've thought about looking into the other options.

So, what I do is I take my thyroid medicine first thing in the morning, a RL sometime around dinner time, and then before bed (Ideally at least 3 or 4 hours later so that the Iron and Ca don't compete) I take Nordic Naturals Omega 3, Calcium & Magnesium (both citrate, plus it has 400IU D3), an additional 2200IU of Vitamin D3, probiotics, 500mg garlic capsule, and often a tab of grapefruit seed extract.

I get a lot of these from my local coop or from Amazon. I use Solgar brand for Ca-Mg, Vitamin D, and garlic.

My Vitamin D level is good, but probably could even be higher and I've been supplementing (and avoiding using sunscreen unless I'll be out ALL day) for a while!

L'lee reading.gif ~ C geek.gif ~ E broc1.gif May, 2006 ~ Rjoy.gif12/29/2011nocirc.gif goorganic.jpg ecbaby2.gif homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpg

Old 10-14-2011, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L'lee View Post

A note regarding Calcium - it's probably better if your prenatal doesn't have a lot, since they're more likely to use Calcium Carbonate because it's cheaper, but it's more likely to be contaminated with heavy metals since it usually comes from oyster shells.

That is good to know thanks!  Where did you come across that info?  I prefer to get my calcium from my diet anyway.  I used to drink raw goats milk which has more calcium than cows milk until the goats stopped producing and got pregnant:)  Now I drink raw cows milk, eat raw milk cheese and drink kefir and eat yogurt for the probiotics as well as calcium, but of course the kefir and yogurt are not raw so many of the nutrients that I get from raw milk are not in these, but ca still is so thats my main goal besides the probiotics.  I also like my GOL prenatal because it has some probiotics but I would prefer it also had acidophilus (sp?) in it because that probiotic is supposed to be good for helping the body with group B strep which we all know its ideal to test negative for GBS while pregnant, mainly so you dont have Drs and even some midwives trying to force antibiotics on you!

Old 10-14-2011, 05:17 PM

Are any of the prenatals listed here available in capsule forms instead of regular horse pills? I take Rainbow Light and cannot STAND the taste of it in my mouth afterwards. I've searched for prenatals in capsule forms for years and have had no success...

Will have to check out some of the ones people here are recommending! Good thread

Me whistling.gif Wife / SAHM / Musician/ Actress/ Queen of this castle. Progeny: William (January 2007), Tristan (November 2008) and expecting Lukas stork-boy.gif due January 2012!!  lactivist.gif femalesling.GIFwaterbirth.jpg dishes.gif

Old 10-15-2011, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celticqueen View Post

Are any of the prenatals listed here available in capsule forms instead of regular horse pills? I take Rainbow Light and cannot STAND the taste of it in my mouth afterwards. I've searched for prenatals in capsule forms for years and have had no success...

Will have to check out some of the ones people here are recommending! Good thread

The Garden of Life prenatals that I recommended are pretty small and they are capsules.  http://www.amazon.com/Garden-Life-Raw-Prenatal-capsules/dp/B002JOVOVY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1318744107&sr=8-1

Old 10-16-2011, 05:46 AM

Quote:

The Garden of Life prenatals that I recommended are pretty small and they are capsules.  http://www.amazon.com/Garden-Life-Raw-Prenatal-capsules/dp/B002JOVOVY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1318744107&sr=8-1

Really great vitamins. You can take them on an empty stomach and they won't make you sick. The actually help with nausea.

R.gif
Old 10-16-2011, 09:24 AM

I take Buried Treasure Liquid Prenatal.  It's awesome.  It's whole foods, vegetarian, and contains no gluten, wheat, yeast or dairy.  The best thing though, is that it's liquid!  I put it in a little glass of orange juice every morning and I can't taste it at all.  :)

I found mine at Whole Foods (the store) but you can find it lots of places online too.  They also have a ton of other formulations, I'm going to get the kids' one for DD. 

This website has the nutritional info, you can also buy it here:  http://organicpharmacy.org/products/PreNatal.Plus.DHA.Complete

Sarah, partner to J and mom to DD1 April 30th, 2002 and DD2 May 5th, 2012. love.gif

User Tag List