Placenta strangeness - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 10-26-2011, 12:24 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Ok, so I am not preggers now, but wanted to ask someone else has experienced my possibly unique situation.

While I was pregnant, I had an ultrasound at week 20.  It was noted my placenta was anterior.  I swear I could even tell where it was at because I couldn't feel baby in that area as well.  As my tummy grew bigger, I began to be able to feel baby in that area.  I had another ultrasound at week 36 by a different  facility.  They noted I had a posterior, grade 2 (low lying) l placenta. 

My midwife and I were perplexed as to how there could be a difference, but went with the latter because it was with a higher level 2 ultrasound machine.

We now know I indeed did have a low lying placenta as I started bleeding during labor and the way the placenta presented.  I did have a natural birth, so we think that only a small portion of the placenta was on the cervix.

My question, though, has anyone ever experienced a placenta that has moved from front to back, that wasn't low to begin with but became low?  I am truly perplexed.

#2 of 2 Old 10-26-2011, 01:57 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

...and why wasn't the low lying placenta mentioned earlier?  Was it not low in the first ultrasound? 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page