IVF Graduates thread!! - Page 13 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 39Likes

#361 of 2784 Old 01-01-2012, 08:52 AM

Mentioned: 86 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)

Renavoo - I wouldn't worry about the weight gain.  Your blood volume increases by a lot around this time, I believe and everything is going to start ramping up for growth.  Throughout the whole pregnancy, they recommend a weight gain of about 50 pounds for twins, so 10 pounds already would be right on track I would think.   I hear ya on the just feeling fat.  I didn't really start to look pregnant until about 17-18 weeks.  Before that, I just looked thicker.  It's annoying, but the time does go quickly (a little too quickly) and you'll suddenly have an obvious bump and then that bump will turn into its own entity.  When I get up from a laying position, I have to lift the bump up off of my thighs and move it to the middle, cause it's just so darn huge and heavy. Sometimes I look back and think, wow... I'm at this point already.  

I'm going to be taking a bump picture today now that I've officially hit 36 weeks.  I don't really feel all that bigger from 32, but DH says there's a huge difference.  I do get lots of comments when I'm out and the kids are hilarious.  At least once per trip, I hear a little kid say, "whoooooah!" when they look at me.  It so cracks me up.  

Me: 33 PCOS Him: 33 vericocele
13 long years of TTC using various methods before the twins finally came - Too much history to list
IVF #1 11 weeks
IVF #2 Liam and Maisie (now 2 years old)
IVF #3 BFN and no frosties
IVF #4 BFP!!!! Twins again!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#362 of 2784 Old 01-01-2012, 01:49 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Kewpie- I think the amount you are supposed to gain depends on where you start. I believe I'm supposed to gain somewhere between 25 and 42 pounds, but mostly I'm going based on how many extra calories per day (some days I do better than others, but figure it will balance out). I think in first tri they say no matter how many you have to add 300 calories and afterward for twins about 450 calories extra per day than you would eat pre-pregnancy.

Mama to my twin butterfly boys, Alan and Bruce, who passed away at 22 weeks gestation (3/24/12): Forever in Our Hearts. Our rainbow baby girl, my little bud of Hope,  joined our butterfly boys and Grandma Jan 1/31/13 at 9 weeks gestation. Love you so much. Next step: triadadopt.jpg
#363 of 2784 Old 01-01-2012, 03:03 PM

So my thoughts regarding wieght gain would be that it is probably very individual based.  I gained 30lbs with DD and it was a very healthy weight for both of us (she was 8lb1oz, I was 160lb at delivery).  I plan on gaining around 40-45lbs this time by doing the same thing I did last time.  Eating when hungry, eating whatever I want (in moderation), and walking as much as possible.  Right now, I am struggling to keep much down, so no problems yet, although my stomach is a huge bloat.  I can't figure out how the scale hasn't moved more than a few pounds, yet none of my pre-pregnancy clothes fit!  I have friends that gained 50-70lbs for their singletons, but many of them weigh less now than before they were pregnant and all babies are healthy.  The one thing that really concerns me weight/pregnancy wise this time around is the increased risk for gestational diabetes.

So Renavoo, I wouldn't worry about the weight gain (that's me personally).  Most people talk about that Dr. Luke book where she recommends gaining 24lbs in the first 24 weeks, so you are doing a great job nurturing those little ones!

Kewpie, I can't wait to see your new bump picture, I am so scared of all the size changes those last few weeks, so I like hearing you haven't noticed much difference (tell DH to keep his mouth shut for my sake...haha!).

Deborah, yay for a little baby bump!  And glad to hear your announcement went well!

Thinking of everyone!!

AFM, back to feeling sick, plust now I have the opposite problem from consitpation...ugh, I need a another "easier" day or 2! 

cd.gif  love.gif(DD1 Oct 2009),  angel1.gif (2011) ,  twins.gif (DD2 and DD3 June 2012)

#364 of 2784 Old 01-01-2012, 04:31 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

Thanks, Kewpie and Renavoo, for your words! 

Can't wait to see the new pic of you, Kewpie.  And soon... of Maisie and Liam!  Must be hard waiting!

Renavoo, I have an email subscription to Babycentre and for today, at 17 weeks, it says this : "You may be gaining weight rapidly at this point, even if you're not eating much. Experts say that the amount of weight you put on during pregnancy is dictated primarily by your genes, so don't necessarily blame yourself if the weight's accumulating faster than you'd like."  Well, that would certainly explain my weight gain jump over the last little bit, ha ha.  I have such a huge baby bump, people think I'm way further along or that I'm having twins.  I am so much bigger at this point than I was with DS, and even though I knew that for second time around you show faster, I'm really surprised at how much.  Anyway, I'm not worried about the weight gain-- after I had DS, I lost a bunch right afterwards, and then with all the breastfeeding I was doing, I ended up weighing less than pre-pregnancy.  I didn't have my flat stomach anymore, though, despite that... but I didn't even care about that, either.  I didn't expect my body shape to go back to exactly what it was, and quite frankly, after age 40 I think I've been doing pretty good with how things are.  I think the lack of sleep post-pregnancy has had more of an  impact on how young I feel/look than any pregnancy issues.  Oh well!

Me & DH ; DS (Aug 2010) ; DD1 (May 2012) ; DD2 (Nov 2013)
#365 of 2784 Old 01-01-2012, 05:07 PM

Thanks Belly! Lots of happy comments within minutes of posting (not that I'm surprised, but hard to keep up with it). Babies are seriously stretching me out right now. Ouch- but, yay for making more room for these beautiful little ones!

Mama to my twin butterfly boys, Alan and Bruce, who passed away at 22 weeks gestation (3/24/12): Forever in Our Hearts. Our rainbow baby girl, my little bud of Hope,  joined our butterfly boys and Grandma Jan 1/31/13 at 9 weeks gestation. Love you so much. Next step: triadadopt.jpg
#366 of 2784 Old 01-02-2012, 06:31 AM

Tenzi, I am sorry you have had such a tough time with getting your DS to sleep.  I can't imagine going so long without a solid nights rest, just thinking of those first few months and how exhausting it was is tiring.  Even now when DD doesn't sleep through the night (normally bowel related for us), it is such a killer the next day.  Patience is often the first thing to go :(  Our friends have a daughter that was a horrible sleeper for the first 2 years, it was really hard for them, but their other daughter basically started sleeping through the night on day 1.  They were polor opposites, 1 super easy, 1 super challenging...but now that they are a little older 3 and 2, they are both doing great and little best friends.  I am confident your baby in utero will be an easy baby!!!  HUGS!!

Kewpie, haven't seen much of you on FB or around here!  Are things moving?!  I meant to write earlier about all the discharge.  I remember getting in the shower one morning and losing my mucus plug.  It was so scary and exciting at the same time!  I hope you are doing well!

cd.gif  love.gif(DD1 Oct 2009),  angel1.gif (2011) ,  twins.gif (DD2 and DD3 June 2012)

#367 of 2784 Old 01-02-2012, 06:57 AM

Hi everyone,

Belly, I keep coming on hoping that you are going to tell us that the symptoms are letting us. Sniff. I'm so sorry you're having such a tough pregnancy. hug2.gifI'm here thinking about you and wishing that you get over this hump soon! ugh to constipation by the way...I feel like constipation makes ups the nauseousness too. And the cramping...I've had HORRIBLE cramps because of constipation and gas. I really hope those pass you by because you've suffered enough now!

Tenzi, haha i'm blaming my mom for this then :o) Poor mom, I blame her for everything :o) she finds it rather amusing because she knows I don't mean it but i love just saying it.

Thanks everyone for the kind words about my weight. I guess i'm used to being in pretty good shape and relatively slim so this is all just really odd to me but as long as the babies are ok, I'll be ok. I'm looking forward to going back to work for just one reason...my work place is now around 2.5 to 3 miles away from my apartment (we just moved offices) and the last week before the holidays, I walked to work every morning. I LOVED it because I love walking and just taking in the sights. So I will be doing that once work begins again. I may end up walking to and from work actually because I really hate the subway but we'll see how i feel at night...I usually have much more energy during the morning than at night, especially after a long day at work. but I'll be going to the gym today anyway to try to get some blood moving some more so that will be good too. haha I really do hate the gym though. I call it the place of hell and torture. 

Kewpie, you made me giggle with the comment about the kids saying Whoooooa. hahah that is too funny. I can't wait to see the baby bump photo!!

How is everyone else doing? 

Attempted induction at 38 weeks; ended up with a c-section.

In love with my baby boy Colin and baby girl Sienna!

love.gif

#368 of 2784 Old 01-02-2012, 09:35 AM

Hi all- So, please cross your fingers for me that all three of us are fine. More than likely we are, but I am cramping a bit and had some red blood on my toilet paper this morning. This was after using Monistat 7 which has an applicator in the cervix, so I think it's probably a burst blood vessel or something, but I'm still a bit anxious (trying not to be because I know it's not healthy, but I can't really help it). I'm seeing my OB in an hour and a half (he's checking things out over his lunch hour- this really builds my confidence in him- I had strong confidence before, but many doctors would have just sent to the ER or made me wait until tomorrow so it's even stronger now).

#369 of 2784 Old 01-02-2012, 12:38 PM

Deborah - fingers crossed it is just from the monistat and nothing else.  Keep us posted.

Renavoo- I think when i was in your shoes my OB had told me that it is normal w/ twins to gain a pound a week.  Not sure at what point that was but it was towards the end of the 1st Tri and the beginning of the 2nd tri I think.  I think you are probably right on track.

Belly - sure hope you start feeling better soon.  Did you Dr say there was anything else you can do or do you just have to wait it out?

Kewpie - how are you feeling????  NO babes yet?  Can't wait to see the bump picture!!

Tenzi - deep breath!!  You will get through this!!!!!

Hi to everyone else too, got to run.

After 5 failed IUI's & 6 failed IVF's we threw in the towel w/ ART and then got a NATURAL miracle BFP! Hoping and praying it is finally our take home baby!  Mother to our twins boys in heaven -lost at 22.5wks on 6/20/09 and 1 other little angel in heaven.

Our Miracle has arrived... Caden James...

#370 of 2784 Old 01-02-2012, 02:23 PM

Blue- I responded in the other thread, but yes that's what it looks like. Babies are doing great and no tears in the placenta! My OB said that pregnancy irritates the cervix adn that the medications I'm on can also irritate it. He also said the baby aspirin I'm on can make me bleed more easily when absolutely nothing is wrong. I also got to ask him about vaginal births with twins and he said absolutely (even that if it was his wife he would encourage her to do vaginal) as long as the first twin is head down, so yay!

#371 of 2784 Old 01-02-2012, 04:12 PM

Yay- My levels look good and I will be off the Prednisone and the Crinone by 1/7! Also, I was very happy that my OB said he is a big fan of vaginal births and would tell his own wife to have one if conditions were right. As long as the first twin is head down he will do one. Woot!

#372 of 2784 Old 01-02-2012, 05:18 PM

Belly, blue, and others who asked - Nope, no babies.  No more signs of babies either.  I've been getting prodromal labor almost nightly, but it never progresses to anything.  There's a chance they will be inducing me tomorrow after they check my 24 hour urine collection, but my gut says everything will be fine and they won't need to induce.  I'm taking my hospital bag with me just in case, but I really think I'll be back home after my appt.   DH has been trying to suggest ways to get me to go into labor.  He is so over the top excited and he doesn't want to wait any longer.  Part of me will really miss being pregnant and doesn't want it to end yet.  This may be my only pregnancy and we worked for so long, I know I will be sad when I know it's over.  It's funny, cause then I will have 2 new babies to love on, but there's just something to special about carrying babies KWIM?

Deborah - Yay to getting off meds!  And I'm glad to see your little ones are still looking good.

13 long years of TTC using various methods before the twins finally came - Too much history to list
IVF #1 11 weeks

#373 of 2784 Old 01-02-2012, 07:45 PM

Thanks Kewpie! The dog is being extra affectionate this evening. I wonder if she's beginning to figure out something is up. Animals do have a pretty good sense of these things.

#374 of 2784 Old 01-03-2012, 06:32 AM - Thread Starter

Kewpie 36 weeks how great is that,  I can't wait to see pictures of your little ones.I know what you mean about pregnancy even though I'm pretty uncomfortable right now I will miss having the little monsters kicking around in there. DH is also super excited for the babies we  watched the happiest baby on the block DVD yesterday and he spent the evening swaddling teddy bears. I'm so happy to start this parenthood thing with him.

Rena I've gained a ton of weight 58 pounds last time I checked. My mom says she got really big with her pregnancies but managed to lose most of it by her  first post partum visit so I'm hoping that's the case for me.

Deborah I'm glad your little beans are doing great!

Mommy to our Twin Miracles babygirl.gifbabyboy.gif born on 29/1/12

#375 of 2784 Old 01-03-2012, 07:35 AM

This just made me smile. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keria View Post
 he spent the evening swaddling teddy bears.

IVF #1 11 weeks

#376 of 2784 Old 01-03-2012, 11:30 AM

Thanks Keria! Just wish I was more comfortable. I was trying to figure out if cramping and bleeding is more common in pregnant women with Endo. I know it happened to one of my friends and one of  her friends who both have it. I just haven't seen any studies or anything. Also, your DH swaddling teddy bears is super cute.

#377 of 2784 Old 01-03-2012, 02:08 PM

The OB was really on the fence about inducing tonight.  My BP and protein were higher again since friday and I gained 4 pounds in water.  She took my BP a couple times and ultimately decided to wait until the have my 24 hour urine results in tomorrow at noon.  She'll make the final decision at that point.  So, I guess I still know nothing until then.  

We're definitely doing the bump picture tonight since it really looks like this may be our last chance.  We've been so tired, that it keeps getting put off.

IVF #1 11 weeks

#378 of 2784 Old 01-03-2012, 04:23 PM

Ok, final bump picture coming... I'm going to add my 32 week one first so you can see the difference.  DH is right, I'm bigger...

32 weeks.png

36w2d.png

You can also see what the pre-eclampsia is doing to my face and hands (you don't even want to see my feet)

IVF #1 11 weeks

#379 of 2784 Old 01-03-2012, 05:36 PM

Wow Kewpie! 4 weeks really makes a difference. AFM-(re-post) Yay! Bleeding is almost gone and I'mm feeling sick again (never thought I'd be happy about that) along with other strong symptoms. My cramping is lightening up a bit too. It was pretty awful this afternoon, but seems to be better. I imagine I've grown some more. I will have to take a picture tomorrow to see.

#380 of 2784 Old 01-03-2012, 06:02 PM

Kewpie - Love the new pic and you will be so glad you took them afterwards!!  I still look back at my bump pictures and remember those days.  Do you have the black strip up your belly too?  I had that, but it went away thankfully.  Can't wait to hear your news tomorrow and I hope everything goes well!!  Enjoy your last quiet night sleep (well maybe)!!!!  Sending you lots of positive vibes and praying everything goes smooth and easy for your delivery!!!! (whenever that may be)!!!

Deborah - glad things seem to be getting better.

Keria - so cute that your DH was swaddling teddy bears!!! #meltsmyheart! :o)  So excited for you to be getting closer too!!

After 5 failed IUI's & 6 failed IVF's we threw in the towel w/ ART and then got a NATURAL miracle BFP! Hoping and praying it is finally our take home baby!  Mother to our twins boys in heaven -lost at 22.5wks on 6/20/09 and 1 other little angel in heaven.

Our Miracle has arrived... Caden James...

#381 of 2784 Old 01-03-2012, 06:12 PM

Kewpie, I retract my statement asking your DH to keep quiet and not to scare me!  Yes, you have gotten a little bigger in the last few weeks, I think I know why the kids are so impressed!  You look fabulous and the ride is almost over!!!  Bummer about the pre-e, but on the very great side, you kept those babies in there SO long and did a great job growing them!!  So impressed!!!  Wishing you a peaceful day tomorrow.

Keria, love the teddy bear swaddles!  What a sweet guy!

Deborah, glad everything seems to be getting better!  No more bleeding!

Renavoo, um, I might be on the weight gain train too!  I had to go to work today (first day back) and even though I am wearing maternity pants, I noticed my non-maternity shirts were a little snug.  I think my belly is the same size as it was at about 18 weeks last time...I might have to go through my old bump pictures.  Our home scale is broken, so I'll have to wait till my Dr. appt next Thursday to see how much I have gained.  I don't feel like I am eating much either, but in the last week I have been snacking more to help keep the nausea at bay (not that it's helping).  I also really like COLD liquids, just like with DD, so I am now drinking V8 smoothies and Ensures which is obviously upping my calorie intake.  Not concerned about the weight gain, but I am not sure how long I'll be able to keep the news from work :)

Mole, Bungalow, Lyndi, Monte, anyone else out there?  Hope you are all doing well :)

#382 of 2784 Old 01-03-2012, 06:59 PM

Belly I wouldnt worry to much about weight gain as long as you are making healthy choices. Also how much weight you should gain totally depends on your starting weight and height. My ob has a chart and is more for smaller people and very little to almost none for over weight to obese women. Then of course it tells you if your having twins its a higher amount. Some states require women that are over weight when becoming pregnant to see a nutrisionist at the beginning of there prenancy and they go over all of it. I think that it should really be done by every pregnant women so they have someone to call for ideas on healthy snacks and things to help with nausea ect. They say singleton pregnancies only require 300 extra calories a day.. But I can promise I sometimes consume more then that!!! Anyway if you are concerned talk to your doctor and if they dont give you a good answer ask for a referral to a nutrionist even if just for one consult visit to get some goals for your pregnancy!! I enjoyed seeing one every pregnancy!! My state doesnt require but I think it should!!

Kewpie-Great pics and yes you have grown and looks like you have also dropped!! Good luck tomorrow I hope its your day and it goes great!!
#383 of 2784 Old 01-03-2012, 07:30 PM
rcr

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Kewpie - I see why the kids are saying whooah. Wow. Wooah. There is no doubt there are two babies in there.  What a different 4 weeks makes. I didn't take any bunp photos when I was pregnant. I wish I had. Good luck with the appointment!

Mom to DS 12/07 and DD 11/13, plus a bunch of chickens, dogs, and cats.

Moving past many years of infertility and always thinking of my friends in the infertility forums.

#384 of 2784 Old 01-03-2012, 08:15 PM

Belly, thanks for your encouraging words!  I guess I'd always kind of thought that it wasn't likely that I would have another kid who is just like my DS in terms of the sleep, but then this lady who taught the recent Parent-Child Mother Goose library program that we went to, said something that really made me scared-- that I could be in for some real trouble and have two kids that don't sleep well and such. But I'm going to go with what you say!  Since you have gone through this already-- what is a kid at around 2 years of age like, in terms of them wanting/not wanting to walk alone/ride in stroller?  Just trying to figure out what if there's a stroller out there that my DS wouldn't mind being in, along with the baby.  I'm hoping to do some nice walks with them and the dogs in the summer/fall months.  Winter time is so much harder.  At least with where I live, with snow, ice, and cold temps.  To escape it for a short time, we are heading off to Turks and Caicos for 10 days next month.  We just booked the trip today. Cannot. wait.  Although we should probably have chosen somewhere less expensive, or even not gone anywhere at all (we need a new roof this summer, and we'd like to renovate our kitchen one day and we'd like to save up some, instead of getting a line of credit or whatever-- our kitchen is from 1975, and is so ugly and non-functional).  However, 2nd trimester is the perfect time to go somewhere, and this is the last chance for a winter getaway where DS can fly for free.  So my mood has been better for the last couple of days, knowing that we were going to book this trip.  Also, I've been feeling better because it turns out that DS now has a cold that has followed his GI upset-- that's why he has been so inconsolable and clingy.  I was totally bewildered at why he was acting the way he was, but that explains it. 

Kewpie, wow, I can't believe you are at 36 weeks!  I know what you mean about missing being pregnant, it's an especially strong feeling, I believe, when one is thinking it will be the last time they are pregnant.  I didn't know if I would get pregnant ever again after DS, and after I had him I not only missed being pregnant but also I was left feeling like the labor and birth wasn't long enough.  I know, I know, it sounds crazy... but my active labor was 5.5 hours, and there were parts of that whole experience that I don't recall at all because of going inward and plus all the endorphins- fascinating how they cause an amnesia-like affect.  I'll be thinking of you as you embark on this next part of your journey, I'm just so excited to 'meet' Maisie and Liam and I can't imagine how you and your DH must feel!

Hi to everyone else!

Me & DH ; DS (Aug 2010) ; DD1 (May 2012) ; DD2 (Nov 2013)
#385 of 2784 Old 01-03-2012, 08:42 PM

Belly- Not quite gone, but pretty close!

#386 of 2784 Old 01-04-2012, 01:56 AM

Kewpie, what a photo! I love it! I can definitely say that i said an initial Whooooooa too but in a good way. I hope that your babies come to meet you soon and that your meeting today goes well. Fingers crossed...while I know you'll miss being pregnant, I bet you'll forget all about that once your babies are safely and happily in your arms! 

Keria, i too chuckled thinking of a grown man swaddling teddy bears. You definitely need to take a photo of that. I think it's adorable and I love how your DH is getting so into the pregnancy. I feel like we're all so lucky to have our men stand by us. At least with infertility, the men in our lives also understand how difficult it was to get to this point and appreciate the lives that are growing inside us!

Tenzin, when are you going? I'm so jealous! You definitely deserve it and people do say that it's best for you to take a vacation when you can since you won't be doing it for a few years after the little one is here... So congrats and enjoy. 

I keep forgetting to ask my doctor how much i need to gain...Lyndi, thanks for the note about the poster. I'm putting a note in my phone to remember to ask the doctor next time and I'm looking to see if they have the chart too :o) 

Belly, is the nausea getting a little better with time? I really hope that it's starting to lessen as time progresses. Also, I hear that regardless, you start to show earlier after you've already had a child so I think you're right on track and not necessarily gaining too much weight. Regardless, we'll gain weight together. I love that we're so close together in our timing! I've already started wearing maternity clothing too, not because my tops have been too snug, although they are getting there! But more because maternity pants have that stretchy panel that actually reaches pretty high and my shirts don't fully cover them. I love that maternity clothing is so much longer. haha I've started telling people at work so I think it's ok and soon to be out of the bag anyway.

Hope everyone else is doing well!! 

Attempted induction at 38 weeks; ended up with a c-section.

In love with my baby boy Colin and baby girl Sienna!

love.gif

#387 of 2784 Old 01-04-2012, 06:07 AM - Thread Starter

Kewpie you look great! Can;t wait for the news of your little ones.

Blue Love the pic of Abby in the snow

DH is determined to be the best baby soother. It is really nice to see this side of him. I can't wait to see him with our little ones. I'll take a pic of him with his stuffed babies. I think he got the technique down now. I'll just cheat and the pre-shaped swaddling blankets.

Mommy to our Twin Miracles babygirl.gifbabyboy.gif born on 29/1/12

#388 of 2784 Old 01-04-2012, 07:10 AM

Time to have some babies. Doc just called. My protein was at 1100 and the threshhold is 300, so we’re leaving in an hour for induction. I’ll post stats and pictures once we’re all fed and settled.

I’m literally shaking I’m so excited.

IVF #1 11 weeks

#389 of 2784 Old 01-04-2012, 07:34 AM

Kewpie, oh my goodness!!!  Yippee for babies!!  Congratulations mama!!

#390 of 2784 Old 01-04-2012, 09:27 AM

Yay Kewpie! AFM- No more bleeding, woot (it was definitely my cervix)! Also, today I am 11 weeks pregnant. I can see that 2nd trimester around the corner! Also, DH's cousin sent me a big package of maternity clothes and baby things- woot! Also, along with my step-niece, DH's coworker is due just a couple months before I am so that will be fun.

Tags
Pregnancy

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page