1Likes

#421 of 2761 Old 01-06-2012, 11:59 AM
rcr

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyscience View Post
 and isn't so wasteful as throwing up food!

Ha. That made me laugh, Monkey. I remember when I was in college and we would go out for dinner at a nicer restaurant and then go get drunk and if I puked DH (then-boyfriend) would make the comment that it was a waste of a good meal. ha.

Kewpie - hope nursing gets better. I think it is always tough at first, even with one baby born bigger. I imagine it is really really hard with two born smaller. So cute. Thanks for sharing!

Mom to DS 12/07 and DD 11/13, plus a bunch of chickens, dogs, and cats.

Moving past many years of infertility and always thinking of my friends in the infertility forums.

#422 of 2761 Old 01-06-2012, 12:19 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Mole- Thanks! I think he's quite beautiful too (no, really, I'm not biased). He is also very sweet, but has been not too happy with the canine addition. I also agree that you are probably beginning to have morning sickness. The worst of mine was between weeks 6 and 8. Monkey- (Raises hand) I'm here!

Mama to my twin butterfly boys, Alan and Bruce, who passed away at 22 weeks gestation (3/24/12): Forever in Our Hearts. Our rainbow baby girl, my little bud of Hope,  joined our butterfly boys and Grandma Jan 1/31/13 at 9 weeks gestation. Love you so much. Next step: triadadopt.jpg
#423 of 2761 Old 01-06-2012, 04:24 PM

Kewpie - Those babies are perfect, almost so perfect they could be perfect little baby dolls in those pictures.  BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!! So glad you shared and I hope breastfeeding starts going better. Hope you are feeling okay and not too sore. What is the blue light for are they a little jaundice??

After 5 failed IUI's & 6 failed IVF's we threw in the towel w/ ART and then got a NATURAL miracle BFP! Hoping and praying it is finally our take home baby!  Mother to our twins boys in heaven -lost at 22.5wks on 6/20/09 and 1 other little angel in heaven.

Our Miracle has arrived... Caden James...

#424 of 2761 Old 01-06-2012, 06:41 PM

Just a friendly stalker to this thread popping in to say Congrats to Kewpie and to agree that those are 2 of the cutest, most adorable, perfect-looking little babies I've seen in a long time (and personally, I think I have pretty cute chubby babies!).

Simply Adorable! I hope you get some newborn photos taken!

I hope nursing gets better!

Lis ~ Married to my favorite boy partners.gif and raising "our" three ~
DS 14 (hisjammin.gif ~ DD 9 (mineloveeyes.gif ~ toddlerDS 2! (ours) bouncy.gif

#425 of 2761 Old 01-06-2012, 09:28 PM

Kewpie, they look like adorable dolls!, awww! Are they not sleeping together anymore? I was wondering about the light too. But anyway, you must be so proud! How are you feeling? When do you and the babies get to go home? joy.gif

Attempted induction at 38 weeks; ended up with a c-section.

In love with my baby boy Colin and baby girl Sienna!

love.gif

#426 of 2761 Old 01-07-2012, 04:09 AM - Thread Starter

Space babies! They are adorable I love their little faces. Hopefully they''ll  figure out the breastfeeding thing soon.

Mommy to our Twin Miracles babygirl.gifbabyboy.gif born on 29/1/12

#427 of 2761 Old 01-08-2012, 03:50 PM

How is everyone over here????  Seems awful quiet lately!!!!  Just looking for an update from all you graduates!!!!

Kewpie - Any baby (ies) update?  You home yet, I wonder???  Hope all is going well and BF is going better.  Know you are probably crazy busy, but update when you can.

After 5 failed IUI's & 6 failed IVF's we threw in the towel w/ ART and then got a NATURAL miracle BFP! Hoping and praying it is finally our take home baby!  Mother to our twins boys in heaven -lost at 22.5wks on 6/20/09 and 1 other little angel in heaven.

#428 of 2761 Old 01-08-2012, 08:31 PM

Hi Blue- Things are going great. Babies and I are all currently having a growth spurt (I know because it hurts, but I'm so happy to hurt for a good reason for once). I am completely off hormone support and Prednisone and will have blood drawn tomorrow to make sure all is still where it should be. I'm not too concerned since my bbs hurt like crazy. My dog Peaches graduates from her Grumpy Growlers class on Wednesday so I am a proud furmama. We will go on to do more obedience training I think. She seems to love it and could definitely use it.

Mama to my twin butterfly boys, Alan and Bruce, who passed away at 22 weeks gestation (3/24/12): Forever in Our Hearts. Our rainbow baby girl, my little bud of Hope,  joined our butterfly boys and Grandma Jan 1/31/13 at 9 weeks gestation. Love you so much. Next step: triadadopt.jpg
#429 of 2761 Old 01-09-2012, 03:39 AM

Blue, you're so sweet to be checking in! You're the best!

I'm waiting anxiously for news about Kewpie too...I hope she got to go home after a few days since it looks like it was a nice, uncomplicated pregnancy. However, i know she and DH are probably massively busy so they probably aren't even thinking about anything but their babies! 

i'm doing well but rather bored. haha It's that in-between stage where I don't know what is happening in my body but I have no indication that things aren't going well. My stomach has been growing so I definitely have a bump but sometimes, the bump looks smaller than other days. I'm sure there are other things happening like fluid retention, etc. Otherwise, just waiting anxiously for the Friday the 20th, as that's my next appointment. i find it funny that i live appointment to appointment. Besides that, I'm also waiting anxiously for the ladies in our thread (including you!) to get your BFPs. It's so frustration when we received news of a BFN because i just so want everyone to graduate already and not be stressed about the process. IF really really sucks.

Belly, are you feeling better? Hopefully, the morning sickness is waning a little.

Keria, I love seeing your time ticking away. :o)

big hugs, everyone!

love.gif

#430 of 2761 Old 01-09-2012, 07:44 AM

Hi Ladies!  It has been quiet here.  I am still sick as a dog, some days are better than others, but Saturday was absolutely horrible.  I barely got out of bed, and poor DH had to take care of everything.  I am lucky to have so many supportive family members near by.  My MIL is coming today to watch DD while I rest.  It's nice that everyone wants me to rest and is willing to help out with everything else (watching DD, cleaning, cooking...)  I just wish I felt better, it really is miserable being sick for so long, you start to loose hope that it will ever change and get's me a little depressed about the way I idealized this pregnancy :(

Renavoo, yay for an appointment soon!  My next one is Thursday and I can't wait.  It will be the first time I meet with my actually OB this pregnancy.  So far we have seen a midwife and perinatology.  My OB is the same one I had with DD, and he happened to be on call the night I was in the emergency room and removed my ectopic/tube.  So I feel pretty close to him.  I also meant to ask if you joined a DDC.  I just joined the July one (I noticed Deborah is there too), but there are a few other sets of twins there too, so we would have lots of ladies to go through everything with (Kinza is there too!).  I know you are super busy and already on several threads, but I guess I can't get enough of you :)

Kewpie, oh my, your babies just get cuter and cuter!!!  I hope you are doing well at home and the breastfeeding is starting to get a little easier.  That's probably the part I am most stressed about this time around.  My DD had jaundice too, so it was extra stressful trying to get the breastfeeding going as quick as possible to help with the jaundice.  Until my milk came in, we had to use the tube you run down the breast to supplement with formula while teaching the baby to suck at the nipple.  I spent lots of time crying and scared it wasn't going to work, but she figured it out and everything turned out fine.  Truly wishing the 4 of you the best and I am hoping you are able to sneak in a little sleep here and there. 

Deborah, glad everything is going well, and your dog is getting trained up! 

Keira, thinking about you too!  Any updated bump pictures?  I am a little obsessed with twin bump pictures...trying to prepare myself I guess :)

Tenzi, how are you doing?

Mole, haven't heard from you in a while, hope everything is going well with your little bean too!

Monte/Alpha, I haven't seen you guys over here, but we'd love your company!

Blue/rcr, you ladies are the best!!  It is so sweet of you guys to come check on us over here!!  I hope and pray you will both be getting your BFPs soon!!!   They are WAY overdue!!

cd.gif  love.gif(DD1 Oct 2009),  angel1.gif (2011) ,  twins.gif (DD2 and DD3 June 2012)

#431 of 2761 Old 01-09-2012, 09:30 AM

Thanks for checking in, Belly! I'm doing well. This morning i tried to not throw up by moving slowly and eating a sesame cracker first thing, then i started panicking cause i didn't throw up (worrying that meant the end of the pregnancy), then i threw up a little and felt better ;).

It is so horrible to be sick, I wish you all sorts of comforting things and health.

#432 of 2761 Old 01-09-2012, 09:52 AM

Belly- Thanks and I will be posting a bump picture shortly. I have my next OB appointment a week from today. I also found out we have EXCELLENT maternity coverage so I can breathe a sigh of relief.

#433 of 2761 Old 01-09-2012, 11:10 AM
rcr

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Thanks, Belly. I hope to join you all soon too :) Boy, you really need to get a break form the m/c. I thought it was supposed to get better around week 12? Hopefully you get some relief soon.

Mom to DS 12/07 and DD 11/13, plus a bunch of chickens, dogs, and cats.

Moving past many years of infertility and always thinking of my friends in the infertility forums.

#434 of 2761 Old 01-09-2012, 11:51 AM

RCR- Morning sickness varies from person to person, but I think for most people the latest it stops is arund 14 weeks. There are exceptions though.

#435 of 2761 Old 01-09-2012, 04:24 PM - Thread Starter

Blue and rcr I'll join the love parade you guys are so sweet, I'm hoping with all my might for healthy babies for both of you.

Belly I'm sorry you are still sick, I'm hoping you start feeling better soon I'll ask DH to take a bump pic tomorrow.

Rena the 20th will be here in no time. I know what you mean about living appointment to appointment I did that especially before I started feeling movement. I love seeing the little babies move on the ticker I can't believe I'm almost at the end.

I had an appointment today both babies are big and healthy and already practicing their breathing Lucia weights 2.130 Kg and Oliver 2.250 . The only thing is that right now it looks like I'll have to have a c-section Lucia is breech with her legs covering my cervix and Oliver is transverse-ish. It would take some serious acrobatics for them to move into the right position. I'm a little scared  of the surgery but I'll do whatever it's best for them. Other than that it doesn't look like they are coming any time soon, the doctor said he would even be willing to let them go to 39 weeks as long as everything is fine.

#436 of 2761 Old 01-09-2012, 06:41 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Belly, thanks for asking. But first-- That m/s of yours has got to go!  Enough already, you need a break!  I totally understand that it would wear you down, in all sorts of ways.  I really hope there's an end to it, and you start becoming better able to enjoy things with the pregnancy.  I'm glad that you have lots of people able and willing to help you out in the meantime.

We're looking forward to the anatomy scan this Friday.  Recently, I had been feeling movement, and then I couldn't detect any, and then I felt it again just the other night-- so it will be reassuring to see the little one moving about.  The times when I don't feel it seems to coincide with the times when I'm especially busy throughout the day and then crashing into bed at night.  I'm not as tuned into it. It seems like forever in between appointments with the midwife, but then on the other hand, I can't believe I'm just over 18 weeks already.  We aren't going to find out if it is a boy or girl, we'll leave the big suprise until birth day.  My little guy is just starting to get over this nasty cold he's had since just past Christmas-- I wouldn't be surprised if it is RSV since it always peaks this time of year-- and we've had some really good 'back to normal' times with him and then some really trying ones.  He's gotten another tooth in recent weeks, and maybe some more are coming-- and he may be on the verge of a developmental milestone-- so with all of that, it's been so challenging.  This age is really fun, but it's also hard because for one thing, he's wanting to do so many things on his own, and he can't, and he gets frustrated.  Well, you've been through this stage with your DD, you know what it's like... 

I'm trying to figure out what to do with the IVF meds I have that I didn't even touch... our clinic doesn't have a set-up where patients can donate their unused meds.  Wondering what others on here have done... I know it was mentioned a few times (by Renavoo)...

Hi to everyone else!

Me & DH ; DS (Aug 2010) ; DD1 (May 2012) ; DD2 (Nov 2013)
#437 of 2761 Old 01-10-2012, 02:14 AM

Sorry- I didn't get a chance to post bump pic. Will have to try tomorrow. Now, I really truly "graduated from the RE". My hormone levels looked great- My Estradiol was well over 2,000 and my Progesterone was 79 (lower than it has been but well above the 20 they like to see) and Estradiol dropped considerably right after I got off the patches, so I suspect it's the same situation here and Progesterone will go back up. As long as I don't see any bleeding and babies keep looking good, I'm happy. My choir director made a huge announcement in front of everyone today, so it was hard to get out and leave. I had told him it was public information, but I was still surprised.

#438 of 2761 Old 01-10-2012, 02:14 AM

Also, I hit 12 weeks on Wednesday!

#439 of 2761 Old 01-10-2012, 03:54 AM

Tenzin, YAH to feeling movement! I'm thinking that i will be calmer, as Keria says, once i feel the babies move and i can monitor that way. Although once in a while, I break out the doppler even though our doctor doesn't think that it's a good idea. Sometimes, I just need to be sure that I hear the heartbeats. haha and I try to limit it to once (ok maybe twice a week). I probably won't use it again until end of the week. ;o) Let us know how the anatomy scan goes! I can't believe you're already at 18 and almost 19 weeks. It's amazing how time flies. I know I'm only a few weeks behind you but to me, it feels like a lifetime eyesroll.gif Such impatience!

Keria, YAH to great growth. WOW, 39 weeks! I really hope that i get such great news when I get to where you are. I would love to be able to have the babies at a normal time period and not have to worry about preterm birth. Sorry about the c-section. Is there no way that Lucia will turn? I know that with singletons they expect that babies can turn during the last few weeks but i assume that it's very different with twins. i hope that there is still a chance for you but if not, I hope that the c section goes as well as possible. We have a few weeks for us to help you feel as comfortable about the possibility anyway :o)

Mole, haha you're funny! I'm the same way. I'm actually mourning the loss of my symptoms because that makes me feel more worried. i still have some breast tenderness and whenever that goes below a certain threshold, I get in a slight tizzy. However, I'm so sad that you and Belly are throwing up so much. That's awful. I hope that you start to feel better soon. What week are you? You need a little ticker too. orngbiggrin.gif I didn't start putting together a ticker until I think my 11th week because I wanted to get closer to the end of the first trimester before i did it but now I realize how much fun it is to follow everyone's ticker.

Oh Tenzin, I posted that I had some drugs left on the different forums and some people started asking (through PM) if I would be willing to sell/give them the drugs. I have someone I'm waiting to give the drugs to, if another cycle is required so until then, I'm holding on to the drugs. However, I think you should post what you have on the IVF page and I think people will find you :o) 

Belly, I'm so sad that you're not feeling better. I was hoping that by now, you would have at least more better days than bad days but it sounds like more of the same. Just wanted to send big hugs your way... hug2.gif I'm so glad you have such a supportive family. Take care of yourself and your little babies! You three are the most important priorities and I hope that you start to feel much better soon. I didn't join a DDC thread yet. I think i will but I'm not sure which one to join. I mean, technically, I think my due date is july 1st but I also know that twins often come early so maybe I should join the June one? Although I'd want to be in the same thread as you anyway so I would join the July one just so I would continue to catch up with you :o) I can't get enough of you either. 

Deborah, yah to hitting 12 weeks!

love.gif

#440 of 2761 Old 01-10-2012, 08:37 AM

Renavoo-Yes, very exciting!

#441 of 2761 Old 01-10-2012, 09:03 AM - Thread Starter

Rena The doctor told me well she is a GIRL so you never know what she may end up doing ha. Right now they are so cramped and both are in a horrible position that it's unlikely. Our best hope is that Lucia moves out of the way and Oliver goes head down and comes out first. It is really unlikely that Lucia will be able to flip upside down at this point.

And now...

The belly that ate the world

33.5wsmall.jpg

I really cannot imagine how big I'm going ot be if I make it to 39 weeks.dizzy.gif

#442 of 2761 Old 01-10-2012, 11:14 AM

Keria - you are such a cute pregnant mamma!!!  You are all Belly!!!!!!  No, not you Belly but baby belly.  Looks more like you ate a basketball and not the world.  LOL 

Deborah - glad to hear you are off all the meds now and you graduated from your RE!!  That has to be nice!!!  Yay for the 2nd Tri coming your way!!

Renavoo - Yay for your appt on the 20th.  Sure it can't get here soon enough!!!  Keep us posted.

Belly - boo to still having the m/s !!! Yuck.....I know mine kinda slowed down around 13-14 weeks so I'll keep my fingers crossed that it is coming.  Yours sounds awful, mine I just had to keep eating and that helped.  They do say that some of the sickest ladies have the healthiest babies so lets hope that is a good sign.  Keep us posted.  Have you had to get into maternity clothes yet?

Mole - Yay for symptoms, just wish they were more pleasant symptoms.   Like why can't we all have like the "pregnancy spot" on our belly and when you are pregnant it turns purple and then if you start to worry that something is going wrong  you just look at the spot and if it is still purple you know you are fine.  If it starts to fade then you can worry.  LOL.

Monte/Alpha/Bungalow - how are you all?????  Don't be shy... we want to make sure you all are okay too!!

Tenzi - so excited to hear how your appt goes on Friday!!  I also hope that your DS gets health.  Do you have to worry being pregnant if he does have RSV?  That just popped into my head when i read your post.  Keep us posted.

Kewpie - sending lots of love your way too!!  Hope you are getting settled at home maybe!!!!!  I'm sure it is crazy.  Know we are all thinking of you and if you get even a min to post just about yourself we would love to hear (don't worry about personals - easy for me to say but i bet the others would agree). 

Wishing you all the best!!!

#443 of 2761 Old 01-10-2012, 12:40 PM

Blue- Yes. We are very happy about everything. AFM- Today I have a monster headache, so sorry you all will have to wait a bit longer for that bump picture. I have done some major growing though, so I think it will be good when I get the pic up.

#444 of 2761 Old 01-10-2012, 04:34 PM

Keira, LOVE the bump picture!!!  All I see is basketball too!  It's crazy you could have 6 weeks left, please keep us posted on everything!! I am loving the bump pictures, I am trying to imagine how this will all play out for me :)

Deborah, sorry about the headache :(

Tenzi, it's funny with DD I was always like "when she can do XXXX it will be so much easier" (like sit up, crawl, walk, talk to express her needs, etc), but now I know it just makes things different :)  I hope he starts feeling back to normal soon and cuts those teeth...both at once is a lot to take on!! 

Blue, hahaha you made me laugh with the you are all "Belly".  I am headed over to check on your updates from the other side :)

Renavoo, I thought about joining the June DDC since I figured the babies might be early, but then I decided I would rather be the first of the July group instead of the last of the June group when everyone is off enjoying their babes.  There is another twin mama to be with a early July date too!  Hope you join us!

Kewpie, I know you are super busy, but I agree with Blue, no personals needed, just post about you and the babes when you get a chance!

AFM, had some cramping over the weekend on Baby A's side and then yesterday felt a million times better (still sick, but able to do a load of laundry and a little computer work).  I kind of freaked out a little, but no worries, today I vomitted more than any day so far and had to go to work.  It was horrible.    I think people are getting suspicious so I will tell my boss later this week, and everyone else after.  I am thinking Friday since I have an OB appt. on Thurs, just one last check everything is going okay.  Also hoping one good day means more to follow soon.

cd.gif  love.gif(DD1 Oct 2009),  angel1.gif (2011) ,  twins.gif (DD2 and DD3 June 2012)

#445 of 2761 Old 01-10-2012, 07:56 PM

Had a vomiting episode tonight. Thought those were over. Just relaxing now. Hoping it helps.

#446 of 2761 Old 01-11-2012, 02:57 AM

Belly, I'm surprised you managed to keep it under wraps for as long as you did, considering the severity of your symptoms! You go girl! i started telling people and the answer i usually get is, uh, we know. Apparently I rub my tummy a lot absentmindedly so that's a dead giveaway. Also, people are commenting on my breasts. I've always had ample breasts but apparently, according to people, they are HUGE. People have taken to calling them "porn boobs" which is pretty funny. DH loves them, as you can imagine.

Keria, LOVE IT! Oh my gosh, you're going to be like Kewpie! Belly, I totally get what you mean about how much fun it is to look at the belly pictures, especially later in the pregnancy. I'm also trying to scope out how large I'm going to be. And boy, is it eye opening! Another person in my agency also gave birth to twins 3 months ago or so and she promised to show me her baby bump photos (until 2 weeks ago, our companies were in different areas. Since we moved, we're now only separated by floors!) Anyway, Keria, you look FANTASTIC! I'm so excited for you!

Blue, LOVE your idea about the purple dot. haha I would be staring at the purple dot all day but still, it's better than getting freaked out and then going to Dr. Google and getting even more freaked out :o) 

Deborah, I hope you're feeling better.

Everyone else, big hugs and i hope all is going well! (and I echo everyone else, Kewpie...when you have a chance to just check in and let us know how things are going, please do! No rush...just wanted to let you know that we're thinking of you!)

love.gif

#447 of 2761 Old 01-11-2012, 06:12 AM - Thread Starter

You ladies are too kind!

Belly I'm so glad you are feeling better. I hope it means you are in the upswing and you can start enjoying the pregnancy..

Kewpie I'm guessing the little ones are keeping you super busy. So whenever you can come in here with more cute pics!

Rena How are you feeling you are already in the second trimester that was fast!

#448 of 2761 Old 01-11-2012, 07:05 AM

No vomiting this morning, but still major headache. I think it's just winter, but it is no fun.

#449 of 2761 Old 01-11-2012, 12:04 PM

Hi everyone!

Belly and Blue - Thank you so much for checking in on me. 

Blue - I hope the m/s eases soon. 

Deborah - I hope you are feeling better soon too.

Kewpie - Was so thrilled to see your beautiful little ones!!!

Thanks to all for welcoming me to the Graduates board!  I suppose I have felt a bit in limbo between the two boards which may have been why I was a little reluctant to post.  I tested on Monday, 1/2 (18 DPO) and had a beta of 827.  Last Thursday night, I started to have some intermittent brown spotting (TMI, i know). I called the RE first thing on Friday (freaking out of course) and they ordered another beta.  It came back as 7668 (at 22DPO) which was a doubling time of about ~30 hours.  Given the good second beta, the RE believes that that spotting is being caused by the progesterone irritating my cervix.  The IVF coordinator estimated that roughly 50% of her patients on Crinone are having some spotting in early pregnancy. Nevertheless, it still worries me greatly and my first u/s is one (very long) week away. 

Good thoughts to all :-)

Mad about DP with dog2.gif dog2.gifcanine children.

Proud auntie to 8 nieces and nephews.

TTC #1 since October 2010. 

#450 of 2761 Old 01-11-2012, 02:28 PM

Alpha- My spotting and bleeding were also determined to be irritation from the Crinone, so I wouldn't worry. As soon as I was off of it, I didn't have any more spotting or bleeding. Also, thanks for the well wishes. Headache is not as bad now.

Tags
Pregnancy

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page