IVF Graduates thread!! - Page 17 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 39Likes

Old 01-15-2012, 05:24 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Renavoo- Forgot to say: less back pain today. Also, I have my OB appointment tomorrow :-).

Mama to my twin butterfly boys, Alan and Bruce, who passed away at 22 weeks gestation (3/24/12): Forever in Our Hearts. Our rainbow baby girl, my little bud of Hope,  joined our butterfly boys and Grandma Jan 1/31/13 at 9 weeks gestation. Love you so much. Next step: triadadopt.jpg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-16-2012, 04:24 AM

Deborah, good point! I actually just don't have time for a class (work schedule is too unpredictable) and since I took yoga before, i was hoping I could just get tips on which exercises I was allowed to do so i could do them at home or go to the gym and practice on a mat. But I definitely understand what you mean about getting the instruction to be sure that the posture is correct. I'm glad your back pain is gone! let us know how the doctor's visit goes. That's always so fun. It should be your first trimester screening visit right? Yah!

Keria, yah for being packed. I hope the next few weeks fly by because I'm sure you must be exhausted. And how sweet that DH is helping you even out of the tub. haha I keep saying that I'll remind the babies about what I did for them during this pregnancy so they know how much I love them. I'm not sure they will appreciate it though, until they experience it themselves. ;o) on the plus side, you are looking beautiful for a beached whale. ;o) I can't wait until we "meet" your babies! 

Attempted induction at 38 weeks; ended up with a c-section.

In love with my baby boy Colin and baby girl Sienna!

love.gif

Old 01-16-2012, 09:59 AM

Mentioned: 90 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)

no time for personals, but I do read and am cheering you all on!

Keria - Your turn is getting close!  I'm so excited for you!

I'm now producing about half an ounce at each pumping which is double what I was doing a day ago, so I think the supplements are starting to work.  I'm feeding every 3 hours with a SNS (supplemental nursing system) at the breast and then pumping at the halfway mark, so my breasts are getting sucked dry and stimulated every 1.5 hours.  I'm taking 32 pills a day of supplements and I need to buy stock in oatmeal... It'll be SO worth it if this all works, though.  Liam vastly prefers breastmilk and complained quite a bit this morning when I had none to give him.  It made me sad.

Liam's gas is getting better now too.  We discovered that he didn't know how to poop.  He would clamp everything down instead of bearing down so we've been working with him with some rectal stimulation daily and he's had 2 poops on his own now.  We actually got a little bit of sleep last night.  It was wonderful.  Maisie sleeps really well and they are both SOOOO low-key and easy.  DH and I are both really laid back people and I guess our kids will be too. We're starting to get the swing of things.

I weighed myself this morning and I'm under my pre-pregnancy weight and 3 pounds away from my lowest pregnancy weight.  I gained about 50 pounds this pregnancy.  The rest is probably still water cause my feet are still rather swollen.  That can take 2 weeks postpartum to come off completely (which is wednesday for me)

Bleeding is finally slowing down a little which I'm grateful for too.  

Me: 33 PCOS Him: 33 vericocele
13 long years of TTC using various methods before the twins finally came - Too much history to list
IVF #1 11 weeks
IVF #2 Liam and Maisie (now 2 years old)
IVF #3 BFN and no frosties
IVF #4 BFP!!!! Twins again!

Old 01-16-2012, 10:23 AM

Renavoo- I'll ask DH's cousin which video she used (it seemed pretty good to me). Also, the fact that you've done it before is a little different than just starting from scratch. The OB didn't mention the screening, but I'm assuming it will be offered today. I will agree to it if it is. Otherwise, I will specifically ask him. Last time I was there the RE's office had yet to send my paperwork, so that might be the issue. My back pain WAS gone. I think this is just going to haunt me the rest of the pregnancy. I used to be very prone to back pain so this is not all that surprising. Also, I'm under 5 feet (barely) and carrying twins so that is probably the other contributing factor. Kewpie- So glad things are getting better!

Mama to my twin butterfly boys, Alan and Bruce, who passed away at 22 weeks gestation (3/24/12): Forever in Our Hearts. Our rainbow baby girl, my little bud of Hope,  joined our butterfly boys and Grandma Jan 1/31/13 at 9 weeks gestation. Love you so much. Next step: triadadopt.jpg
Old 01-16-2012, 02:46 PM
rcr

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Glad to hear everything is going so well Kewpie, especially BFing!

Mom to DS 12/07 and DD 11/13, plus a bunch of chickens, dogs, and cats.

Moving past many years of infertility and always thinking of my friends in the infertility forums.

Old 01-16-2012, 05:59 PM

Deborah - how was your appt?  Sorry to hear about the back pain.  Have you ever tried chiropractics?

Kewpie - so good to see your update!!!  Glad to hear that the babes seem to be easy going.  What a blessing that will be if it continues!!  Do you have previous thyroid problems, i forget.  If so, be sure to mention having it check the next time you see your OBGYN.  Mine was all out of wack after having our twins.

Bungalow - did you talk to your boss yet?  Hope that goes well whenever it happens.

Keria - did you guys get the nursery done?  Can't believe how close you are getting!!!  Yay!!!!

How is everyone else?? Hope everyone is doing well and those of you w/ the m/s that it is getting better. Just a quick post here.

After 5 failed IUI's & 6 failed IVF's we threw in the towel w/ ART and then got a NATURAL miracle BFP! Hoping and praying it is finally our take home baby!  Mother to our twins boys in heaven -lost at 22.5wks on 6/20/09 and 1 other little angel in heaven.

Our Miracle has arrived... Caden James...

Old 01-16-2012, 10:08 PM

Strange. I swear I've responded to this post already, but mine seems to have disappeared. Overall, the appointment went well. Babies were snuggled up with each other and measuring within a day of each other. 12 weeks 3 for one and 12 weeks 4 for the other. HBs 167 and 170. Still nice and strong. I'm now off the baby aspirin. The OB also did not feel we needed the NT scan because I'm young and basically healthy. We will have a scan at 16 weeks to check for birth defects. On a more disappointing note, I have an extremely narrow pelvis (OB said it was impressive how narrow it is) and I will likely need a c-section. He did say he's been known to be wrong, but wanted me to have plenty of time to get used to the idea. My next appointment is 2/13.

Old 01-17-2012, 03:19 AM

Hi everyone, thanks for your support about my m/s. At this moment I just have a low-level stomach ache all the time. I did not throw up yet today! My acupuncturist treated me for nausea last night and gave me some small stickers with metal beads in them to put on three pressure points that I can push on when I'm feeling sick. I also bought sea bands and did not take my vitamins last night. I'm pretty sure I feel better on days when I don't take my vitamins the night before. Tonight I'm going to take half of them, and start a series of experiments to try to determine if there is one in particular that is causing my misery.

Deborah- Your doctor sounds great. I hope you feel like he is trustworthy, and will help you make the safest, best choice for you and your babies! Several of my friends have had emergency C-sections, and they are all so thankful it was possible to have the surgery to save their babies. A planned one must be an even better option, if that's what you need.

Kewpie- Glad the breast feeding is getting better! I hope it gets better and better for you.

Renavoo- I'm very happy with yogaglo.com. $20/month, lots of different classes/styles/teachers/lengths/skill levels etc. You can sign up for a free trial period, but then you have to pay very close attention to cancel your contract if you don't want to keep it. It is well worth the money for me, since I pay $20/class at my in-person yoga class.

Old 01-17-2012, 03:44 AM

Argh, just typed something and it was erased. Here we go again...

Mole, thank you! i'll check out the site. Also, I'm happy you're feeling better and I hope you find one of the culprits that are exacerbating your ms. 

Deborah, yah to a great checkup! I'm sorry that you have to prepare for a c section although I hope somehow that changes in the future. But at least you have a heads up. 

Kewpie, yah to the twins being so laid back and to your milk coming in much better! i'm glad the twins are letting mom and dad sleep a little! Also, yah for losing so much of the weight already! i'm so happy for you.

Keria, thinking of you! 

Belly, checking in to see how you're doing.

love.gif

Old 01-17-2012, 05:55 AM

Hi all, this will be a long-winded post. Just a warning.

Yes, my OB really is a pretty great doctor and was kind of trying to cheer me up a bit too. I asked him if there was anything I could do to widen my pelvis and he said, "Well, we could quick get you into an orthopedist and break your bones." Obviously, I'll pass, but I like that he keeps things light without making me feel like he doesn't take my concerns seriously. He did tell me we'd make sure to do a spinal so I could be awake for the whole thing and see my babies as soon as possible. I also told him I wanted skin-to-skin a.s.a.p. and he said that's always the goal. I have had a couple of big cries this morning about the news. Hence, the reason I'm up at quarter to six. I was actually up about 4:30. I'm trying to get over the feeling that my body has failed me once again. With the history of my body not knowing what to do with endometrial lining, attacking it's own organs and not being able to make a baby on its own, I'm feeling pretty down about it. I think it's not so much the surgery (though that makes me feel anxious just because I know how long recovery for abdominal surgery can be), it's more my body being uncooperative again. I will call my mom and my bonus aunt later today. My mom this morning and my bonus aunt this evening (my aunt is an infertility counselor so I think she can kind of help me get through some of these feelings, besides the fact that she's family). The doc did already ask me whether I planned to breastfeed (which I do) and all that stuff and he said he doesn't count weight gain until I get to his office, so it's almost like first trimester weight gain doesn't count...definitely liking that idea. I actually didn't gain that much anyway, but still nice. I also liked when he asked if we want to know gender and I said yes, especially since we have a difference of opinion. I think boys and DH thinks girls: he said, well you're both right. He's a fun guy. I'm so glad I switched late last year. Also, thank you to everyone for the positive c-section stories. If you happen to know of more, please send them my way. 

Old 01-17-2012, 11:39 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks Rena :) Honestly I'm not feeling too pretty these days.  I'm measuring 45 weeks  and getting tons of comments when we are out. How are you feeling? are you showing yet? You should be able to start feeling movement soon. I think that is the best part of pregnancy I love feeling my little ones in there.

Blue DH is still working on the nursery hopefully it will be ready this week I'll post a pic when it's done. I'm so happy to read your mom is doing much better and you get to see her soon.

Kewpie I'm so glad everything is going better and that little Liam is feeling better too. I'm hoping I have the same luck and get easy babies/

Mommy to our Twin Miracles babygirl.gifbabyboy.gif born on 29/1/12

Old 01-17-2012, 02:11 PM

Keira, you are doing great!!!  I am really dreading the 3rd trimester, I wish I could look forwward to it, but I have so many fears and concerns...you are doing wonderfully growing those babies!!

Deborah, my online guessing isn't as accurate as real life (I am like 9 for 10 in real life), but I am really getting a GIRL feeling for your little ones!  I like how funny your doctor is :) I like keeping things light as well...God nows I can panic enough on my own, it's nice to have them there to keep me calm!  Sorry you are disappointed with the planned c-section.  From everyone I have talked to and read about, it sounds like a planned c-section is much better than an emergency one...especially when it comes to recovery.  So although it sucks, atleast your doctor is on top of it and you wont have to worry about the "what ifs" later.  hugs.

Renavoo, when is your gender u/s?  You must be getting close since you are 2 weeks ahead of me!  Mine will probably towards the end of February because of scheduling with the clinic and my DH going out of town. 

Mole, glad your m/s is easing up a little.  I had to switch back to gummie pre-natals.  It didn't cure my m/s, but I don't get violently ill after taking them.  Sounds like you got lots of great things you are trying out!

Kewpie, so lucky on those darling easy babies!  I hope we get 2 laid back babies too!!!  Thanks for keeping us posted, I love hearing how all of you are doing!

AFM, not much going on.  I told my bosses and one took it really well, the other not so much.  I am hoping the "good" one can rub off and talk down the other one.  It's not the end of the world if I end up leaving when the babies are born, but I really like my part time job and I'd ideally like to see if I can juggle it all. 

cd.gif  love.gif(DD1 Oct 2009),  angel1.gif (2011) ,  twins.gif (DD2 and DD3 June 2012)

Old 01-17-2012, 06:06 PM

Belly- Interesting you get a girl feeling. DH gets that and so does his cousin. I feel these are boys and so do several of my friends. It will be quite interesting. I forget- For the old wive's tale- is carrying high supposed to be girls or boys? I know it's still early, but so far I'm carrying these little ones pretty high.

Old 01-18-2012, 04:03 AM

Belly, I love that we're so close in due dates. haha you're my pregnancy cycle buddy and I am so excited about it! I have an appointment this Friday and while it's to check my cervix, I'm curious if they will do an transabdominal US as well. I hope so because I live for those! haha I want to see how the babies are doing. I'm going to ask them if there is any way they can check for the sexes at this time. I'm not sure they will just because we have limited time with the doctors as we're not scheduled for it but I guess it never hurts to ask. Barring that, I should be seeing the doctor again three weeks later. Argh, 3 weeks feels like a lifetime! haha As for your bosses, the one who is not happy as of yet, will get over it. I don't understand why he's not happy (I assumed that boss is a male)...plenty of women work through their pregnancy and are fine and then come back afterwards. I really hope that he gets over it and starts to be happy for you. A new life is a miracle! (especially with everything we've had to go through!) :oD

Keria, I can't wait to see the room! I'm starting to look for stuff although not buying anything yet. My apartment has a balcony that we are waiting to get enclosed (hopefully, within the next month to a month and a half- it's been delayed for a while because the materials have been on backorder) but once that is done, we can get started decorating. I definitely want to get started sooner rather than later so I can be a more active participant in all this. Otherwise, DH will be doing it all himself! I am showing. it's rather odd because i still just feel fat. But people say I'm carrying like i'm pregnant rather than fat so that makes me feel better. haha. But I don't know if I'm just crazy or what but I think I felt a kick or punch yesterday! I was sitting in a meeting and suddenly i felt a poke on my right side in the area right between my pelvis and my belly button. I think I've gotten used to gas bubbles and pain and this felt nothing like that but I also thought it was a little early to be feeling the pokes. It hasn't happened again :o( But I think I'm chalking that up to fetal movement. What do you ladies think?

Deborah, I said this in the other forum but my theory is that one can never get enough hugs so, hug2.gif I hope the discussions with your mom and aunt helped you feel better. if not, your dogs and cats will :o)

Mole, how did your vitamin experiment go? I hope that you're starting to narrow down the culprit list.

Kewpie, just thinking of you.

Blue and Rcr, just wanted to say hi! I know i see you on the other forums but I love that you check in on us. blowkiss.gif

love.gif

Old 01-18-2012, 11:01 AM

Renavoo- Didn't talk to DH's aunt, but my mom was more supportive than I expected and even had a great suggestion for a little girl's name (should these be little girls)! I did talk to DH's cousin and she found some good tips on how to make a c-section as positive an experience as possible. Also, interestingly enough Mothering started a c-section forum (yesterday!). I'm beginning to feel better and am definitely preparing myself, but still hoping the OB is wrong.

Old 01-18-2012, 11:02 AM

Also, thanks! You are right animals always make things better.

Old 01-18-2012, 02:56 PM

Hey ladies,

Forgive my not posting personals and my long absence from the Board.  I do not want to bring everyone down so I will spare the details but my spotting intensified to bleeding over the weekend.  Though we saw the HB on Sunday, we confirmed at today's u/s that we had lost our little one.  I thank you all for your amazing support and the warm welcome you have given me.  I hope to be back in your ranks soon.  Until then, I wish you all peace and good health. 

I will leave you with a picture of my little guys.  They are a big comfort right now. 

Niko and Jack

Mad about DP with dog2.gif dog2.gifcanine children.

Proud auntie to 8 nieces and nephews.

TTC #1 since October 2010. 

Old 01-18-2012, 03:26 PM

I am so sorry to hear that Alpha. My thoughts are with you. Your furbabies are adorable and I'm glad they are able to give you some comfort.

Old 01-18-2012, 03:47 PM

Alphahen, hug2.gif I am so sorry for your recent loss.  My heart aches for you and your DH.  I hope that we will see your name again after you have had a chance to grieve and feel ready again.  Sending many hugs to you.  grouphug.gif

cd.gif  love.gif(DD1 Oct 2009),  angel1.gif (2011) ,  twins.gif (DD2 and DD3 June 2012)

Old 01-18-2012, 05:10 PM

Deborah, they say girls are carried high, that's one of the reasons I was thinking girls for you winky.gif

Renavoo, I have been feeling movement for the past week.  I normally wouldn't believe someone could feel movement at 13.5 weeks, but I know exactly what I am feeling (from DD).  It's normally at night, right when I lay down in bed, a little bit of movement (mainly on baby B's side) and then nothing.  It almost feels like he (I swear it's a boy too) is doing sommersalts, then gets comfy for the evening.  I didn't feel DD until 18 or so weeks, so I really wasn't expecting it, but the first time I felt it, I just knew.  So it probably was movement for you too!

Keria, how are you doing?  So close!!!

Kewpie, thinking of you too!

Mole, any improvements the last couple days?

AFM, I was just laying on the couch talking to DH this morning before DD woke up and I turned funny to tell him something and have been in the most horrible pain all day.  Can't really move my arms up or turn my neck.  It's crazy because it's not like I was doing anything athletic, just a freak twist I guess.  Ouch.  I hope it's gone by tomorrow, it kills to pick DD up, or even just move myself around the house, or pick up a toy from the floor.

Old 01-18-2012, 08:01 PM

Alpha, i am so sorry for your loss. I wish there was something we could say or do to help you feel better. Just know that we are thinking of you and your DH. (and your little guys) big hugs

love.gif

Old 01-18-2012, 08:06 PM
rcr

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Alpha, I am so sorry. I wish you all the best in getting through this. We are here if you need us. hug2.gif

Mom to DS 12/07 and DD 11/13, plus a bunch of chickens, dogs, and cats.

Moving past many years of infertility and always thinking of my friends in the infertility forums.

Old 01-18-2012, 08:14 PM

Don't have much time... but

Alpha - so sorry to hear you news.  Sending you lots of hugs to you and your DH..... hug2.gif  Glad you've got those two little lovers (doggies)

Belly - so sorry to hear about your neck/back.  Hope you feel better tomorrow.  Can you find a chiro that is good with pregnant women your area?

Renavoo - i hope you get to see your little ones again soon at that upcoming appt.  Hope you are feeling well.

Deborah - glad you are feeling better about the possible c-section.  As long as those babes get here safe is all that matters, no matter what way they come!!

Hi to all you other grads!!!!  Gotta run.

After 5 failed IUI's & 6 failed IVF's we threw in the towel w/ ART and then got a NATURAL miracle BFP! Hoping and praying it is finally our take home baby!  Mother to our twins boys in heaven -lost at 22.5wks on 6/20/09 and 1 other little angel in heaven.

Our Miracle has arrived... Caden James...

Old 01-18-2012, 11:05 PM

Belly- I was trying to remember the rule about how they carry. I am definitely still carrying high. One of these days (probably Friday), I'll be able to post a new belly pic. I have definitely done some major growing. I'm beginning to get the pregnant lady shuffle. I can't believe that it's happening so early (just noticed today). Not quite a penguin yet. Blue- I agree 100%, just not entirely happy about it at this point. There are some definite advantages though. For one, I might get to know exactly when these little ones are going to arrive :-). Right now we all agree that as long as I hold them in until early July we are happy. My dad's birthday is 7/2 so that would be neat. 7/4 is 37 weeks exactly, so they could share a birthday with the United States. AFM- I think I shared this on the other thread, but I'm really happy that my OB said there are no restrictions on travel until 34 weeks as long as we are all healthy (so far we are, knock wood). This means I get to go to DH's grandma's 90th. She's had some problems recently so I think it's crucial we go there. I'll make sure we buy refundable tickets just in case, but I've been growing these babies pretty well so far.

Old 01-19-2012, 03:27 AM

Deborah, haha to the pregnant lady shuffle. I think I have that too and I catch myself. When i walk quickly, which I usually do, it's not as noticeable but when I take my time, I definitely do shuffle. so funny! I bet the twins would love to share their birthday with their grandfather or the 4th of July! The fireworks can all be for them. I'm glad you're starting to get more comfortable with the idea of the c section. As for traveling, I was really happy when my OB said I probably shouldn't travel (although she said it in part because she knew i didn't actually want to travel but the bleeding after and during flying cinched it for her!) but for a 90th birthday party, traveling is definitely in order! 

Belly, ugh!! You poor thing. :o( I hope you're feeling better today. As for feeling the babies so early, I heard that women who have given birth before feel the babies much more earlier (or at least recognize what they are feeling!) so i'm not surprised that you felt movement. I guess I was expecting that i wouldn't feel them for a while longer because it was my first time! But I really do hope it's movement, although, yeah, I think i've only felt it on my right side. So, umm should I be worried? haha i will see in my appointment tomorrow. But yesterday, I felt like 4 little taps. Not as strong as the previous day but there was a definite series of taps around the area. It's still amazing to think about babies growing inside my belly!

Keria, how are you feeling?

Mole, what's going on with you?

Alpha, just wanted to give you another hug. hug2.gif

love.gif

Old 01-19-2012, 09:15 AM

Renavoo- I think the potential for bleeding when you fly is why they recommend staying hydrated, walking as much as possible and using compression stockings. We avoid clots that way and clots can cause bleeding. At least that is my understanding. I had been trying to figure out a non-flying way to get there, but DH could not take that much time off and I am most certainly not going to travel on a train or bus or in a car by myself at 19 and 20 weeks pregnant. I also think the little ones would love sharing either way. My dad does not live here in town so they'd share it, but have their own party, so it's even better. I'll let you know when I hit penguin status. LOL.

Old 01-19-2012, 10:31 AM

Mentioned: 90 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)

Alpha - I am so sorry to hear of your loss. 

AFM - 

When we were in the hospital after delivering the babies, I noticed that Liam's left eye was smaller than the other. I figured it was just from the birth and due to puffiness. After a while, it didn;t go away and I had them check it at the pediatrician's office yesterday. They sent us to a ophthalmologist this morning and they have determined that he has retinoblastoma. It is a malignant tumor in the eye. He is completely blind in that eye, but the cancer is treatable. He is scheduled for surgery tomorrow morning at Duke and we will be able to determine what type of treatment he will receive at that time (chemo, laser, etc)

Me: 33 PCOS Him: 33 vericocele
13 long years of TTC using various methods before the twins finally came - Too much history to list
IVF #1 11 weeks
IVF #2 Liam and Maisie (now 2 years old)
IVF #3 BFN and no frosties
IVF #4 BFP!!!! Twins again!

Old 01-19-2012, 11:06 AM

Kewpie- you and family are in my prayers!!
Old 01-19-2012, 01:59 PM

Oh Kewpie, I am sorry this is happening.  What a great job catching it!  I pray his surgery is uneventful and you are home quickly.  My friend IRL with twins, the boy had a heart defect that required surgery.  He was home quickly and recovered great!  Babies are so resiliant.   Sending lots of hugs and prayers your way.

Old 01-19-2012, 02:10 PM

Kewpie- Thinking of you and your little guy. Positive thoughts for his surgery tomorrow!

Tags
Pregnancy
User Tag List