IVF Graduates thread!! - Page 29 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 39Likes

Old 03-22-2012, 08:45 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I was 32w6d when they were born after my water broke. It was very controversial but I had a vaginal birth -scary & amazing at the same time. Audrey was 4lb2oz, Sophia the same & Nina was 3lb5oz. Nina is the smallest but she is such a little spitfire! All three spent 27 days in the NICU. It was really hard at the time, hard to go there every day when I should have been at home resting & recovering from such a hard pregnancy. Hard to not have my whole family together. But in hindsight the NICU time was good - I really wasn't ready to care for them around the clock right from day one.

Leslie, mama to Paige 8, Zara 3 and Audrey, Sophia & Nina June 7/11 @32.6
angel1.gifOct/01angel1.gif July/10angel1.gif Sept/10

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-23-2012, 03:53 AM

Keria, it's tough to miss that i'm pregnant ;o) but yeah, I have two contingents at work...one group that is really worried about me and the other group of people who are worried but realize they need to have the work done so... Sigh. I ended up with a massive headache yesterday and had to leave work on time so it was nice to come home and just veg. Of course, i ended up having horrific insomnia so I didn't get much sleep at all. but I have a visit with the doctor today. My 1 hour gd test that will hopefully go well and then hopefully, I'll be able to see the little ones again. It'll be the first appointment where my DH won't be there :o(

Lyndi, she's gorgeous!!! i can't wait to see more photos. I hope you feel progressively better in the next few days!

Deborah, my heart still aches for you. I opened this thread first and saw Tenzi's post and honestly, thought that Tenzi got it wrong because I didn't want to believe it. Then I went to the other threads and my heart just broke. Again, I'm so sorry.

Leslie, thank you for sharing your story! It's inspiring. 

Attempted induction at 38 weeks; ended up with a c-section.

In love with my baby boy Colin and baby girl Sienna!

love.gif

Old 03-23-2012, 06:58 AM

I wish I had more time to write, but I am half out the door to work, and I hear my mom in the driveway.

Deborah, I have not had a chance to stop by the other threads, but my heart is absolutely broken for you right now.  I am so unbelievably sorry.  I wish there was something more I could do to help.  You and your husband will be in my thoughts and prayers.

cd.gif  love.gif(DD1 Oct 2009),  angel1.gif (2011) ,  twins.gif (DD2 and DD3 June 2012)

Old 03-23-2012, 07:01 AM

Renavoo, sorry you had to leave work "early" at normal time :)  I hope your GD test goes well today, please keep us posted!

Leslie, welcome!!!  I have read a little bit about/from you on the multiples forum, but it is nice to "officially" meet you! 

Lyndi, wow!!!  She is beautiful!  Hope you are getting some rest and the breastfeeding picks up soon!

Blue, thanks for always thinking about us :)  I know I am often thinking about you! 

Kewpie/Keira, hi ladies!

cd.gif  love.gif(DD1 Oct 2009),  angel1.gif (2011) ,  twins.gif (DD2 and DD3 June 2012)

Old 03-23-2012, 07:23 AM
rcr

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Deborah - I just saw your news on the other side. I am so sorry. I am heartbroken for you and your DH.

Leslie - I have stalked you before to hear about the birth. Amazing!

Lyndi - Congrats! What a beautiful baby!

Everybody else - Hi! I haven't been keeping up with this side too much. Work has been crisis after crisis, and I am trying to stay out of it all, so I have been sneaking out to work from home more and more to avoid it all. So glad that I am lucky enough to be able to do that.

Mom to DS 12/07 and DD 11/13, plus a bunch of chickens, dogs, and cats.

Moving past many years of infertility and always thinking of my friends in the infertility forums.

Old 03-23-2012, 11:00 AM - Thread Starter

deborah THinking of you and your family today.

Lyndi she is beautiful congrats! My twins were born at 36w2d also

Rena I hope you get to see your little ones and hopefully things will slow down at work I can't imagine workig that hard while being so pregnant.

Bely how are you? .how are your girlies doing.

rcr Hi fiingers crosssed for this cycle.

Mommy to our Twin Miracles babygirl.gifbabyboy.gif born on 29/1/12

Old 03-23-2012, 04:12 PM

Hi Ladies! 

Keria, I hope things slow down soon too because i have to say, I'm exhausted! But i did take the day off today so that was nice. I went to the doctor's office this morning and got the glucose tolerance test done and should find out on Monday (although they say that if they don't call me, then I am fine.) it's awful because I'm already trying to plan what I'm going to do when I find out I have to do the 3 hour test (work wise). sigh. So much for optimism. haha. 

I'm missing my DH. I wish he was here. I find that i sleep better with him near me. Yesterday, I got like 2 hours of sleep in. I just kept waking up. It was really annoying. I'm going to go out to dinner tonight with a friend and then tomorrow, my mom is going to be coming over and spending the night with me to keep me company. Sunday, we're going to be babysitting my nephew so i'm ultra excited about that. Next week is bound to be another crazy week at work but i'm looking forward to the weekend at least. And then DH comes home on Friday! I just hope that i don't have to work during next weekend. argh. DH was cute though...he hid little notes around the apartment just to say that he missed me and to cheer me up. 

Rcr, how are you doing??? How are you responding to the stims? I can't wait to hear the report from your US. Keep us updated. i must go to the other threads to see whether you've posted anything. And keep hiding...no good comes from crises in the office.  hide.gif

Belly and Blue, updates please! lurk.gif Although Blue, I'll go find you on the other threads too. Have you set up your next transfer?

Deborah, just hoping things are going smoothly where you are. Big hugs...

Blue, I know you're 

love.gif

Old 03-23-2012, 04:39 PM

Lyndi:  New little girl is gorgeous!!!  Congratulations...

Finally...pos.gif!  Can't wait to meet the new member of our family.joy.gif

***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32*heartbeat.gif*36***40

Old 03-23-2012, 05:37 PM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
deborah, thinking of you today. hug.gif I hope you're surrounded by loving, supportive people today. hug2.gif

lesliesara, it's great to see you! I'm glad you're doing well, and no wonder it's sometimes really hard! Being a parent is hard work, and you have THREE! I've never had so much responsibility and challenge, but it's so totally worth it and I've never felt so complete like I do with my little family. Ok, I'm babbling. I'm glad you joined! love.gif

lyndi, congrats! Beautiful! joy.gif

Our little miracles are here!!joy.gif
energy.gif DD Born 7/15/11 biggrinbounce.gif DS Born 4/3/13
love.giflove.gif Keep growing healthy and strong, beautiful little fighter babies!!!

Auntie to Nell, Greta, Maggie, and Elsa!

Remembering our 3 losses

Old 03-24-2012, 10:07 AM

ok, I finally got a chance to take an updated belly photo. I can't believe how big I've gotten and I have a few months of growth left?! 

IMG_0637.jpg

love.gif

Old 03-24-2012, 10:43 AM

Renavoo:  I think you look beautiful!!!

Old 03-24-2012, 01:52 PM

Mentioned: 90 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)

renavoo - You are beautiful!!!  I don't wish to scare you, but you do remember my last belly shot and Keria's as well, don't you?  Lots of growth left, but oh so worth it!

Me: 33 PCOS Him: 33 vericocele
13 long years of TTC using various methods before the twins finally came - Too much history to list
IVF #1 11 weeks
IVF #2 Liam and Maisie (now 2 years old)
IVF #3 BFN and no frosties
IVF #4 BFP!!!! Twins again!

Old 03-24-2012, 06:57 PM

Renavoo - Love the pic!!!  You look beautiful and have that great pregnancy glow for sure!!!!!  Super cute!!!  Hope you have a good weekend w/ you Mom and that DH gets home soon!!  Do you both have iPhones?  When DH is away or I'm away we always have facetime dates on our phones or iPad.  It is kinda fun and helps me get through my week w/o seeing him in person!!!!

We need some more belly pics on here ladies!!! Show off those bumps and be proud!!!!!! lurk.gif

After 5 failed IUI's & 6 failed IVF's we threw in the towel w/ ART and then got a NATURAL miracle BFP! Hoping and praying it is finally our take home baby!  Mother to our twins boys in heaven -lost at 22.5wks on 6/20/09 and 1 other little angel in heaven.

Our Miracle has arrived... Caden James...

Old 03-24-2012, 10:06 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

Lyndi, your little one is SO cute!  Looking forward to seeing some more pics soon.

Renavoo, what a great picture-- beautiful mama!

Me & DH ; DS (Aug 2010) ; DD1 (May 2012) ; DD2 (Nov 2013)
Old 03-25-2012, 03:27 AM

HI ladies! Thanks :o) haha Kewpie, I'm using you and Keria as my standards which is why I know I have so much growth left. haha :oD Actually my fundus is only 26in which had me a little worried because I thought I would be larger with twins. They said because i'm tall the fundus measurement is fine. I can't wait until 2 weeks from Monday when I go in for my next ultrasound. I didn't get one this last time :o( sniff.

Tenzi, how are you doing? are you feeling better?

Blue, yah to AF and getting started again! I know it has to be so exhausting to keep doing this but I just can't shake the hope that you're going to be holding your beautiful baby soon. And yes, my DH and I FaceTime each other. :oD Technology is a wonderful thing! 

Praying, how are you feeling?

Everyone else, wave.gif

love.gif

Old 03-25-2012, 09:42 AM

Renavoo:  Thanks for asking about me.  I just put a big post on the other board.  I am still not real comfortable on this board  I still feel like somehow, this is all going to go away.  I am feeling okay.  I am on so much progesterone, it is hard to tell if anything I am feeling is from the pregnancy, or just the meds.  I am extremely tired, and getting lots of headaches.  Seem hungrier than normal, but that is probably the drugs too.  I am just so happy, but I am sooo afraid that something is going to happen to take this all away.  It does not seem real yet.  Can't wait for my appointment tomorrow for a little reassurance.  Praying my beta is going up as it should and that my lining has improved.  Would love to see a heartbeat, but I am pretty sure it will be too soon.  I did not see that with DS until after 6 weeks.  Maybe I will see the sac and fetal pole.  I'll take what I can get.

Hi to everyone else!!!

Old 03-25-2012, 11:51 AM

Renavoo - That is a beautiful baby bump!  And just for the record you don't look big/fat at all.  You just look adorably pregnant.  With my DS I just got wide...my belly didn't go out front so much.  (O.k....I'll admit.  I just put on so much weigh it showed up all over!)   ;)   --Anyway, try to enjoy the baby belly.

Me & DH, DS 12/07superhero.gif, DD 10/12 luxlove.gif  and puppy love dog2.gif.
Old 03-25-2012, 10:18 PM

Thank you all. I shared my experience on the March One Thread grads section, but can't bear to write it again right now, so if you would like to read a little bit about it, that's the place to look.

Mama to my twin butterfly boys, Alan and Bruce, who passed away at 22 weeks gestation (3/24/12): Forever in Our Hearts. Our rainbow baby girl, my little bud of Hope,  joined our butterfly boys and Grandma Jan 1/31/13 at 9 weeks gestation. Love you so much. Next step: triadadopt.jpg
Old 03-26-2012, 03:39 AM

Deborah, hug2.gifI'm so glad that you got to hold your babies and that the hospital was so good at taking care of you. I hope that the fever is completely gone. My thoughts continue to be with you and DH.

Praying, I'll stalk you on the other thread. I'm with you about not feeling comfortable with the pregnancy yet. After so long trying, it definitely takes a while to feel like it is real! 

Wissa, can't' wait to see your more recent baby bump photos too!!

biggrinbounce.gif

love.gif

Old 03-26-2012, 08:10 AM - Thread Starter

Deborah I'm so sorry. Mythoughts are with you and your Dh.

Rena you are beautiful. What a cute baby bump.

Old 03-26-2012, 09:33 AM

Deborah I am so, so sorry.

Old 03-26-2012, 11:26 AM - Thread Starter

Praying welcome. Hopefully you'll get to see a little heartbeat

AFM My babes are 8 weeks old! They are smiling and cooing and growing way too fast

8w1.jpg

8w.jpg

8w2.jpg

Old 03-26-2012, 04:23 PM

Deborah, I am still so saddened by your loss.  I am glad the hospital was kind and let you have the time you needed with your boys.  I am still sending lots of prayers and hugs your way.

Keira, love the updated pictures of your little one's, I can barely believe it has already been 8 weeks!  They are absolutely darling!

Kewpie, hope all your plans went well this weekend and the family enjoyed meeting your babes!

Renavoo, beautiful bump picture!  You are beyond glowing!  Hope this week goes quickly for you :)

Praying, welcome, I hope your appointment goes well and you get to see a perfect heartbeat!

Tenzi, I hope all is well with you! 

Blue, looking forward to hearing about your consult for the next cycle! 

rcr, so glad this cycle is going well so far!  I am on pins and needles waiting for your progesterone results tomorrow.

AFM, it was a pretty busy weekend here, we celebrated my DH's birthday and had a few friends over.  Then today I took DD on a walk around our neighborhood to burn some energy before nap, and about halfway through I started getting an intense sharp pain on my right side.  Unfortunately it was a loop so we were the farthest from home.  It was so painful I didn't think I'd make it home and kept praying one of our neighbors would drive by and give us a ride home.  Well a million baby steps later and we were home.  I put on a movie for her and tried to rest on the couch.  Monday is my "preterm labor call" so they called and I told them about the whole thing, and they have me resting the rest of the day.  Before they called the pain had reduced some, so I got up to pick things up, but the pain came back on my left, so I laid back down.  Now we are watching another movie (after her nap) and DH is leaving work early.  Just hope everything resolves today and this isn't any indication of anything to come.  Hopefully just "normal" cramping/ligament pain...but everyone wants to be on the safe side.

Old 03-27-2012, 04:13 AM

Keria, awwww! I'm cooing at them too! I love how they both hold their hands closed up. Oliver looks so much like your husband! And Lucia looks like an angel. I love the expression on her face. I can't believe it's 8 weeks either!

Belly, I hope you're feeling better today and your pain has resolved. I hope it's just the ligament pain too but it's good you're relaxing and I hope you get to relax today too. Definitely better safe than sorry. By the way, i love your icon. Who's the painter? 

Bungalow, just wondering how you're doing? 

Lyndi, how is life with your baby?

Kewpie, just thinking of you and your babies. Has the babies' reflux resolved? Just thinking of you!

Tenzi, hi! Hope you're doing well.

AFM, no gestational diabetes! I'm so relieved and frankly, a bit surprised because I really did expect to  have GD because of my sugar intake. I couldn't help it and a few hours before the test, I ate some cereal. I was good and instead of lucky charms (mmm marshmallows) I ate some Special K with fruit and yogurt but still, I was thinking that I would need to do the 3 hour test. I think my pessimism stems from when I was first getting all my tests done prior to all the IUIs and such, I had blood work that showed my HBA1c was a little high. Not so high that I was diagnosed with diabetes or even pre diabetes but high enough that i had to be retested. The second test came back ok but I was still worried about GD. Otherwise, I've been dealing with headaches. I may have a cluster headache as it's localized to one side of my head but it feels like someone is trying to poke my eye out. sigh. I do need to see my internist for a check up soon so maybe I'll try to get in to see her and find out what i need to do about the headache. I can't take anything for it anyway so I don't know if there is a point- tylenol definitely doesn't work for headaches. I wonder if it's because I have bad insomnia? Ok enough whining :o) Just hope everyone is doing well! DH comes home on Friday! YAH! I can't wait! I just want this week to fly by!

love.gif

Old 03-27-2012, 05:36 PM

Renavoo, great news about your GD test!!!  So awesome you passed!  Bummer about the headaches, I sure hope they go away quickly and your DH is home before you know it!  You guys are so cute!

ETA: Renavoo, It's one of Monet's water lilies :)  I heart monet and impressionist paintings.

AFM, so I ended up in Labor and Delivery yesterday.  I hadn't felt movement in my "right" baby for a couple hours in the afternoon after resting and I started having frequent braxton hicks contractions (just tightening no pain).  I didn't think I was in labor, but they wanted me to go in to be on the safe side.  It was like a horrible ER trip...it took forever!   DH likes to play it safe, but I just don't like going into the doctor, I always feel so stupid when nothing is wrong, but he said that if anyone should feel stupid, it would be them for having me come in.  Although, he thought it was a good idea to go in, but his spin logic made me feel a little better.  For what it's worth, I do think my body was telling me to rest more, and I plan to spend more time relaxing instead of trying to get *everything* done.

Old 03-27-2012, 07:07 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks guys! I think they are the cutest babies ever but I'm a bit biased.

Rena YAy for no GD boo for headaches are you keeping an eye on your blood pressure?

Belly better safe than sorry did you get to see the babies? Was the sharp pain like pelvic pain? I had a pregnancy belt that really helped with that. But yes definitely rest more.

Old 03-27-2012, 07:11 PM

Belly - so what did they say?  Both babes were okay I'm assuming since you didn't say differently?  I'm glad you got checked out and I'm sure you and DH slept better that night.  Always better to be safe than sorry is my feeling!!  I agree, I think your body is saying to slow down some and take care!!!!!!!

Renavoo - glad you passed your GD test w/ flying colors!!!!!!  Good job!  Only 3 more Sleeps until your sweet DH comes home!!!!!  Yay!!!!! 

Keria - those babes are beautiful!!!!!  So cute!  Thanks for sharing.  I can't believe how fast that time went, easy for me to say, they aren't keeping me up at night!! LOL

Tenzi - how are you doing??  Hope you are feeling a little better and not as stressed!!  Thinking of you!

Deborah - sending hugs your way and thinking of you and your DH!!!

Kewpie - how are your little ones doing?  Any better?  Any more recent pics?

Bungalow - you still around??   Thinking of you and hoping you are doing okay too!!!

Praying - good to see your name over here!!!!  Can't wait to hear your update after your appt.

Lyndi - hope things are going well for you and that new little one!!

Hi to everyone else that i missed.  My memory slips me on who I missed, but i'm sure there are a few.

After 5 failed IUI's & 6 failed IVF's we threw in the towel w/ ART and then got a NATURAL miracle BFP! Hoping and praying it is finally our take home baby!  Mother to our twins boys in heaven -lost at 22.5wks on 6/20/09 and 1 other little angel in heaven.

Our Miracle has arrived... Caden James...

Old 03-28-2012, 02:29 PM - Thread Starter

Blue Time actually has flown by.  I wish I could slow it down.  I'm stalking you in the other thread I'm really hoping you get your miracle baby.

Old 03-28-2012, 02:32 PM

hi ladies - im threadcrashing with a question (i hope you won't mind). shy.gif  i did a FET cycle earlier this month and had my first beta today, which came in at 520 (14dp5dt).  in my last/successful FET cycle, my 14dp5dt beta was 932, so today's number has me a bit worried (well, that and betabase/googling that i shouldn't have done!).  what do ya'll think?  did anyone else have a similar 14dp5dt/19dpo beta number?

thanks so much in advance.

(x-posted in infertility one grads thread)

me read.gif + dw crochetsmilie.gif + twins.gif twins.gif= stillheart.gif

member of mdc since 2008, now with new identity

Old 03-28-2012, 08:22 PM

Junebug, I think all pregnancies are pretty different.  I am not sure if for me the big difference was fresh/frozen, but my numbers were pretty close to the same with both pregnancies and this time I am having twins!  I think it still sounds like a strong number (mine was 17dpo with the twins was 454).  Do you have a second draw coming up?  From what I have been told it's really the doubling time that matters most.  Good luck and keep us posted!

Blue, thanks for checking over here!  Yes, both babies were doing well, and I have had lots of movement the last day, so I am not very worried.  I have my next OB appointment next Friday so perhaps they will do a quick ultrasound since I went into L&D.  Any chance you'd do the intralipids this cycle without an FET.  I know it's $300, but maybe you could get a semi free baby :)

Thinking of everyone!!!!  Had a busier day than I'd like, so I really need to put my DD down and go rest in bed :)

Renavoo, I know we are about the same gestation (well you're 2 weeks ahead), but are you having killer back pain yet?  Mine seems to come and go, tonight it's pretty bad, maybe it's just how I am laying, but it even wakes me up at night.

Tags
Pregnancy
User Tag List