IVF Graduates thread!! - Page 33 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 10Likes

#961 of 2768 Old 05-13-2012, 08:52 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Kewpie: That is so precious!!!

Just a quickie here...we opened the envelope today...we're having another little girl!!!! :-) I'm so excited to start to have an identity for this babe. And think about names! And now we don't have to buy any clothes!!! 

Cindy

Mama to my veggie girl hearts.gif(1/09) and my sweet rainbow baby rainbow1284.gif (9/12). 

#962 of 2768 Old 05-13-2012, 09:12 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Kewpie, that is just SO adorable!!!

Me & DH ; DS (Aug 2010) ; DD1 (May 2012) ; DD2 (Nov 2013)
#963 of 2768 Old 05-14-2012, 05:57 AM

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Belly - I can't decide either, but I'm happy no matter what!!  I hope you're neck is feeling better today, and that you got at least some of those to do's done!!

Tenzin - That's great that maybe it's not as bad as they thought!!  I think it's dumb when they won't let spouses stay the night.  It's their new baby too!!!  Let us know how the u/s went!!

Kewpie - They are SO adorable!!

Vegan - Yeah!!!  I love little girls, congratulations!!!

Me: 34, DH: 36, DD born 7/25/10 After 4 years of trying and failed IVF treatments (missing my angels).  IVF/ICSI worked this time! DS born 1/8/13!

www.3hearts2hold1love-emms.blogspot.com

#964 of 2768 Old 05-14-2012, 03:59 PM - Thread Starter

Vegn Congratulations on GIRL!

Kewpie awwww they are adorable.

Just posting a quick note I have a cold, taking care of the babies while sick is hard.

Here are my  rully rully  happy babies

Lucia.jpg      

Oliver1.jpg

Mommy to our Twin Miracles babygirl.gifbabyboy.gif born on 29/1/12

#965 of 2768 Old 05-14-2012, 03:59 PM - Thread Starter

#966 of 2768 Old 05-14-2012, 03:59 PM - Thread Starter

#967 of 2768 Old 05-14-2012, 04:00 PM - Thread Starter

#968 of 2768 Old 05-14-2012, 04:00 PM - Thread Starter

#969 of 2768 Old 05-14-2012, 04:15 PM

Kewpie, what a great picture of Liam and Maisie!  So cute!!!

Hope, only a few days to go!  Can't wait!

Renavoo, I forgot to mention last time that I definitely have felt less movement the last few weeks, especially from my head down baby.  The transverse one seems to really be agressively trying to get more space (she is also the bigger one).  Oh, and there is this area right below my belly button that feels like a blow torch is on it constantly...I am guessing from the stretching since it "feels" really thin too.  Maybe like your spot?

Vegan, congrats on the little girl!!!!  How wonderful and exciting!

Tenzi, glad to hear there might be a chance for you to have your labor!  That's great news!  Keep us posted on your next scan(s)!  I don't understand the no spouse thing?!  That seems just crazy to me!  Especially if you have a c-section, how are you expected to get up and constantly tend to the baby.  I didn't even realize that some hospitals didn't allow that.  The "accomidations" for the spouse at our hospital are pretty pathetic, but it's not like I'll be enjoying spa like relaxation either :)  I hope you are able to get one of the private rooms at the new hospital.

Keira, Hi :)

AFM, luckily my neck only hurt for a couple days, so that was way less than last time.  I almost went to L&D again early Sunday morning (like 3:30 am), but decided not to go, despite the recommendation.  I didn't believe I was in labor, but I was having a lot of cramping and contractions....that said, I knew I had overdone it on Saturday, so I was pretty sure that was the reason.  I had an OB appointment today and the DR. reinforced the need to be checked out if I think I am in labor or if seems to be increasing in intesity.  He also checked my cervix and there has been no progression so that is fantastic news.  The only thing is that I have only gained 1lb in the past 2 weeks and am only measuring .5cm more than 2 weeks ago.  I am not sure if the "crowding" has started, but I feel like I am going to burst any moment...I have my next growth scan in 2 weeks, so I wonder what it will show. 

cd.gif  love.gif(DD1 Oct 2009),  angel1.gif (2011) ,  twins.gif (DD2 and DD3 June 2012)

#970 of 2768 Old 05-15-2012, 03:32 AM

Hi ladies,

How am I so behind! Kewpie and Keria, I cracked up laughing when i saw the photos. Your babies are so precious...you ladies must feel like the luckiest people in the world. i love happy babies!

Tenzi, I'm so excited that you may be able to have a natural birth! You still have some time so hopefully, things will continue to improve. As for the c/s, if you end up needing one, I'm sure that once the time has come, holding the baby in your arms will make this stress seem a distant memory (that's what i'm hoping for myself, if i need one too!)

Vegan, yah for a girl! Sugar and spice and everything nice!! 

Hope, how are you doing?

Belly, I'm glad your neck feels better although I agree with your doctors that at any sign of anything, you should call your doctor. haha i'm such a worry wart that i would definitely do that although I'm lucky and haven't really felt anything untoward yet. Although boy am I constantly exhausted and DH even commented on how heavy my breathing is now. Oooh i think that your description of the blow torch area sounds exactly like my spot. My secret now is OVER moisturization, which does seem to help (not sure if it's all in my mind. haha.) But when it gets sore, I put some cocoa butter on top and it isn't as sore. Of course, that could be because i'm addicted to the smell of cocoa butter. ;o)

I hope everyone had a wonderful Mother's day!! Big hugs all around.

Attempted induction at 38 weeks; ended up with a c-section.

In love with my baby boy Colin and baby girl Sienna!

love.gif

#971 of 2768 Old 05-16-2012, 05:55 AM

Keria - They are SO stinking adorable!!!

Belly - glad that you're neck doesn't hurt any longer!  I agree with the dr, make sure that you're seen just in case.  I'm glad that there's no progression!!

rena - Hanging in there, can't wait for tomorrow's ultrasound and hopefully hearing at least 1 strong sturdy heartbeat!!

For those of you that are pregnant with your second: Were your pregnancy symptoms much different between the two pregnancies?  I know that every pregnancy is different, and I keep reminding myself of that, but I don't really love it right now.  With DD I had tons of symptoms, and they were early on!  Within the 2ww my boobs hurt (and I wasn't on progesterone), I had horrid heartburn and headaches, constipation (but I have eaten way more fiber since then, so I'm not worried about this one so much), and by the time I was just over 5 weeks I got horrible m/s, I couldn't stand the smell of coffee, exhaustion to the point where I couldn't hardly function, and of course the round ligament pain; and these are just the ones that I remember right now.  Turst me, I'm not asking for all those, but right now I hardly feel anything!  I mean, I am a little more tired than normal, and I think I'm feeling a tiny bit of ligament pain now and again, but that's about it.  I think my nipples are a teeny tiny more tender than normal, but that could really be the progesterone.  Nothing else really.  I know it means nothing, but since I haven't heard a heartbeat yet I have a little bit of nerves in the back of my mind.  On the other hand, I just know that this is going to be my take home baby (or two), so I know I should just listen to my intuition, but I just can't help but worry a little bit.  Tomorrow is u/s day, and I'll be 6 weeks 3 days.  I can't wait!!!

Me: 34, DH: 36, DD born 7/25/10 After 4 years of trying and failed IVF treatments (missing my angels).  IVF/ICSI worked this time! DS born 1/8/13!

#972 of 2768 Old 05-16-2012, 08:29 AM

Hope4light: This is my 2nd. I don't get bad morning sickness - just some mild nausea here and there. That has been somewhat similar between the 2 - though probably even more mild this time around. Doesn't start until around 7 or 8 weeks for me. Last time I had TONS of very strong food aversions. I ate HUGE bowls of kale salad until I got pregnant w/DD and then all the sudden, the mere thought of kale made my stomach cramp up. But I really didn't have any aversions this time around. Also I haven't noticed that my sense of smell is all that strong this time - whereas last time, DH would come to bed after having a glass of wine and I would feel so grossed out laying next to him. Consider yourself lucky if things are milder this time around. I was always SO nervous when I went in to see the RE and he would be like "but why??" and I'd tell him I wasn't nasueous and he'd tell me you don't have to be sick to be pregnant. Oh and round ligament pain didn't start bugging me until closer to the end of my 1st tri - but I only notice it if I move wierdly in bed. GOOD LUCK today!!! Can't wait to hear how many are in there!

Cindy

Mama to my veggie girl hearts.gif(1/09) and my sweet rainbow baby rainbow1284.gif (9/12). 

#973 of 2768 Old 05-16-2012, 09:25 AM

Keira, LOVE those big smiles!  What darling babies!

Hope, I had the opposite situation, DD was a breeze pregnancy and this one has kicked me in the butt since day one (both IVF, and both on all sorts of drugs), so it might have something to do with the twins this time, or it really could just be that every pregnancy is different like they say.  Plus, you are still pretty early.  I don't think I started getting m/s with these 2 until a little after 7 weeks.  Hopefully, you just have a low key baby or 2 in there!  Can't wait for your u/s tomorrow!

Renavoo, hehe, I always sound like I just ran a marathon!  My mom called the other day and asked if I needed to sit down...I had been laying down for like an hour already :)  Are you working a little less now?

AFM, I feel like I have been complaining a lot lately, which is so not my normal behavior...I just can't believe how hard this is getting.  At 31+w I am now about the same size/weight as when I had DD, so every extra inch/pound seems to be the straw that broke the camels back.  My back and stomach are pretty much constantly in pain, I am exhausted all the time, and even small trips to the store or a little chore pushes me over the edge.  I don't know how my OB thinks I can go for another 8 weeks, I think 8 days would be something to be proud of (I am sure I will go much longer than that, but it just seems so challenging).  We also had an issue in our attic that is going to require a week of construction to repair.  It's going to completely disturb DD's sleep schedule during the day and I am not sure if I'll be able to get anything done around the house while they are here, since we will be trapped in just a couple rooms.  Just one thing after another, all I can do is try to get through one day at a time....

cd.gif  love.gif(DD1 Oct 2009),  angel1.gif (2011) ,  twins.gif (DD2 and DD3 June 2012)

#974 of 2768 Old 05-16-2012, 06:14 PM

Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)

hope - I've had 3 pregnancies with 2 of them going to term and 1 ending just before 2nd trimester and each one was very different.  The first pregnancy resulted in a healthy baby and I had NO symptoms whatsoever other than missed period.  2nd pregnancy (the m/c) I had quite a few symptoms and they came on fairly quickly.  This last pregnancy I had symptoms right away and was sick sick sick.  So, each one, at least for me, was very different from the next. 

Keria - AODRABLE!  haha your babies' smiles are so cute!

belly - I'm sorry you're having a rough time.  I remember the last weeks.  It's ROUGH.  I remember walking from my bedroom to the kitchen and needing to sit down and take a break.  I wish I had some magic words to make you feel better, but of course I don't.  Hang in there.  I don't know how you feel about chiropractors, but I saw one who knew a lot about pregnancy and I attribute my ability to go on walks and run errands the day I delivered at 36w3d to her.  

vegan - congrats on the little girl!

AFM - Maisie now rolls from tummy to back and from back to tummy.  Liam's still working on back to tummy.  He's sooooo close!  I posted a video of DH playing with Maisie and Liam.  Maisie was cracking up the whole time.  There is a part 2 and 3 (each video is really short) and Liam laughs in there a couple times.  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2cwDofIJzk

They are 4.5 months old now.  They can sit up in their Bumbo seats and are holding onto and chewing toys now.  Liam has been cutting a tooth (yes, this early) for a couple weeks now.  The doctor said it could be months before it fully pops.  ugh!  The doc said they will be ready for solids next week.  We're going to start them on avacado and then homemade toasted brown rice. 

IMG_1574.JPG

Me: 33 PCOS Him: 33 vericocele
13 long years of TTC using various methods before the twins finally came - Too much history to list
IVF #1 11 weeks
IVF #2 Liam and Maisie (now 2 years old)
IVF #3 BFN and no frosties
IVF #4 BFP!!!! Twins again!

#975 of 2768 Old 05-17-2012, 03:15 AM

HI everyone!

Hope, let us know how it goes! Yah for the ultrasound! Count yourself lucky if you don't have too many pregnancy effects! I never had another child but I didn't really start getting GI symptoms till around 8 weeks so you still have time. haha but hopefully, they will be mild like they were for Vegan.

Speaking of which, Vegan, how are you doing? What week are you now? You need a ticker!

Belly, I'm such a whiner too!! I think it's our prerogative to whine. haha. Seriously, though, of course you're uncomfortable! I think about that a lot too...right now I'm carrying what would be a full term large baby in my womb, if I just had one baby. I would be ready to give birth any day now. Instead, I have 1 more month (at least). I'm hoping the doctor will tell me what the plan is for the next month during my visit on Monday. I'd like to know when they think that I will go into labor or when/whether they will induce me. Big hugs and remember, when you feel like whining and complaining, that's what we're here for! Just think, one day, you'll look at the twins playing with their big sister and you'll feel such peace and happiness. I think that's what you have to look forward to.

(By the way...8 more weeks? Really? I think they want me to go around week 38.) 

Kewpie, how did the fitting for Liam go? Oh, they are so cute! I love Liam's inquisitive face. And Maisie just looks like such a sweet natured baby! I don't think i realized you had another baby and a miscarriage before. i think it's so amazing how our bodies react to the same hormones differently. The human body never ceases to amaze me. I'm amazed every day I talk to you ladies and realize that each of us has a baby (or two!) growing in our wombs. I know, it's the most natural thing but I guess considering how hard we had to work to get pregnant, I still think it's a miracle each day!

AFM, work has slowed down a bit so I'm happy (although I'm still working around 9.5 hours but it's manageable for now.) Of course, i start to get exhausted around 5pm...I admit that my eyes started closing around that time but I couldn't leave because i had work to finish. Otherwise, my fingers are numb and a little sore, my stomach is sore, I'm having GI issues, my legs literally get twice the size by the end of the day, and I'm constantly exhausted. (See, Belly, I'm a whiner too!) but when I feel the little ones kick and play around and especially, when they seem to respond to my dh's voice, I just don't care. I love it.

I know this is awful but I started looking up reasons for stillbirth because I'm nervous about that. I just think that generally, things have been going pretty well so SOMETHING bad is bound to happen. argh, I hate this feeling! *Shaking head* Waiting for my appointment on Monday and although there won't be an ultrasound (i think after this next visit, I'll graduate up to weekly visits) I at least like these visits to start feeling like they're watching over my babies. 

Ok, enough of my negative feelings. DH and I have to get moving with prepping the room. DH also has a work function this Sat but for once, I'm free so I'm going to try to get some stuff done. i think we found a nanny which is exciting but I'm also worried because she obviously needs work but i don't need her for another month. I hope she waits (she says she's fine waiting). i don't know why I've become such a nervous nelly! ok back to breathing!

Hi Tenzi and Keria and everyone else I missed! Big hugs, everyone!

love.gif

#976 of 2768 Old 05-17-2012, 08:36 AM

Rena: Ugh - I forgot about the swelling at the end of preg. I'm sure you have it way worse than I did with a singleton! I just recall being at work and taking my shoes off and seeing deep lines in my feet. I figured I should walk around the block to get things moving. I used the restroom before going. And I still only made it half way around my building (so I went 2 city blocks) before having to duck into starbucks and use the bathroom. LOL! But feeling baby definitely makes up for a lot of it. :-)

AFM: I hit 20 weeks today! Baby Peanut Butter is kicking me as I type. DD has named her Peanut Butter. She thinks we should have a 3rd kid and name it Jelly. DH got to feel her move for the first time last night. :-) I'd been looking forward to that. Now I am looking forward to DD feeling her - but she doesn't have a lot of patience to leave her hand in one spot and wait. So that may take some time. I'm feeling pretty good. Just getting pretty worn out by the end of the day, especially on days I try to take a long walk or get some exercise in.

Hope: Come update us!

Cindy

#977 of 2768 Old 05-17-2012, 09:33 AM

Belly - I imagine with twins it's harder so much earlier.  Does your OB think you'll make it full term, like 40 weeks?  That would be amazing!  Sorry about the attic issues, I know what a pain it is to mess with the little one's schedule, ugh.  Hope it gets done quickly!!

Kewpie - Seriously, they are SO adorable!!!  Wow, they are really growing up, it happens too quick, doesn't it? 

rena - I'm glad that work has slowed down for you!  I remember dealing with the same thoughts nearing the end of my first pregnancy.  I think after all we've been through to get pregnant, it's only natural to think the worse.  They will both be GREAT!  And the nice thing about weekly visits is hearing their heartbeats every week!!

Vegan - Yeah for 20 weeks!!! 

AFM - It's official, I've graduated from the RE!!  There was one little bean in there, with a beautiful heartbeat of 118.  I cried.  Oh man did I cry.  The u/s tech laughed a little and told me she knew I was excited but to try to hold still.  My ovaries are still HUGE, she said it may take up to another couple of months for them to go back down.  I'm not retaining all the fluid any longer, so that's good.  Thank you ALL for the reassurances with my 'lack' of symptoms.  When I really think about it I know that there are some there, they are just so much more mild than the first time around.  I really should be thankful for that and enjoy it while I can!!  Yesterday afternoon I got some floaters in my peripheral vision, which I did have last time, but thought it started later in pregnancy.  I have very low blood pressure, so with all the extra blood pumping through my system I get some 'side effects' so to speak.  With my first my OB told me that she couldn't say to eat more salt, but to eat more salt LOL.  I'm getting ready to call my OB (different from the one that delivered my DD sadly as we now live in a different state) and set up my first OB appointment.  I am SO excited!  But, as you all know too well, in the back of my mind I still have those worries that something will happen during this first trimester.  I know a heartbeat helps a lot, but it's just there.  I'm going to do my best to not worry about it, and to enjoy every minute of this pregnancy, which could be my last.

#978 of 2768 Old 05-17-2012, 01:05 PM

Hope: Yay for your healthy little bean!!! :-) Very exciting! 

AFM: I'm a little torn today. I've chosen to try for a homebirth this time (had DD at a free standing birth center with a midwife). I had first interviewed an awesome midwife who is older and has over 30 yrs experience. She charges $4500. That was too much for us, after having spent SO much getting pregnant (and my insurance will reimburse none of it). It turns out the student midwife who did many of my prenatals w/my daughter just passed her boards to be a homebirth midwife. She said she'd charge me $3,000. And the homebirth midwife she has been apprenticing with for the past yr (who has over 20 yrs experience) has agree to be the 2nd midwife at the birth - so I know someone experienced will be there. So we decided to go with her. But the other midwife called today, thinking we were still going to work together. Was saying she would gladly work with me for 3k - that she felt attached to me after my miscarriage, etc (I had planned to work with her when I was pregnant and miscarried). Said she would never not work with someone over money. I told her I dind't feel right not paying her her full fee. But anyway, I'm feeling torn right now about who to work with. I really like them both. I suppose I should just stay with the gal we already said we'd work with. It would be akward to tell her we changed our minds. 

Cindy

#979 of 2768 Old 05-18-2012, 03:09 AM

renavoo- His fitting went well, but he developed a problem with the shell a few days later.  The poor baby's eye was so swollen you couldn't see his eyelashes!  So we took it out and are letting his eye heal for two weeks (will be done tuesday) and then we'll put it back in.  His ocularist believes it just got flipped upside down from him rubbing it.  Good luck with finishing up projects!  You're getting close!  Hang in there! You'll forget all about the pains and discomfort soon after delivering.  I read your and belly's woes and I think, "oh yeah... I remember." but beyond that, it's just a distant memory.  Once you have your babies, it won't matter anymore.  I understand about the worry of stillbirth.  I worried a TON about that too.  When I heard Liam cry after birth, I remember being startled and thinking, "he's alive?  really?"  I had so expected something to go wrong too.  Even after birth with SIDs... ugh... the worry never ends!

and for the previous pregnancies.... Yup, I had a teenage pregnancy when I was 16 and placed him for adoption with a lovely family who were infertile.  I've now seen and can appreciate both sides of the coin there... My second (the m/c) was after my first IVF cycle.  I lost the baby early last year. 

vegan - oh I miss feeling movement!  It's so magical, isn't it?  and that;s a tough decision...  Good luck in making it.

hope - I'm so glad you had a good u/s!  I didn't cry when I saw the babies (I was still stunned from seeing the two bubbles) but I did cry when I saw them released during the transfer.  I didn't cry during my first transfer. It's odd.. it's almost like I knew this one would worj and that the other wouldn't.

AFM - We started the babies on solids last night.  Maisie LOVED it!  We gave them avocado and she kept lunging at the spoon with an open mouth.  They both took to the spoon really fast.  I was surprised.  At first they kept trying to latch on and suck, but they got the idea quickly.  We had wanted to wait till 6 months, but since they're getting mostly formula, they were getting hungry and were still hungry after a bottle and kept stuffing their hands in their mouths.  The doc said it was nearly time so we just went for it.  We also put them in door jumpers for the first time yesterday.  Oh man! Hilarious!  Liam had a huge grin on his face and jumped and jumped.  I had to pry him out of it after 30 minutes cause it was time for diaper change and to eat.  He clung to it like a life boat.  Maisie liked it as well, but not quite as much as Liam did.

I got videos, but DH took the camera with him out of town for the weekend.  yikes... I'm alone with them for the next 4 days and nights.  Heaven help me!  hahaha 

13 long years of TTC using various methods before the twins finally came - Too much history to list
IVF #1 11 weeks

#980 of 2768 Old 05-18-2012, 03:21 AM

Vegan, 20 weeks!! YAH! Did you have the anatomy scan yet? I loved that scan because we got to see the babies so much. Ah, I love that we live in this time because of the technology (both to get pregnant and to follow our babies!) Your dd is so cute!! I love the nickname peanut butter! :o) 

Hope, I know I said it in the other thread but YAH for a healthy little bean! I'm so excited to follow you for the next 34 weeks!!

Kewpie, I want to see the videos of them on their door jumpers and getting fed avocado! I love how your describe their enthusiasm!! Awww 4 days and nights alone with them huh? haha i still remember that night when all hell broke loose and your DH came back to find you incredibly wet from various fluids, cracking up! it'll be a great 4 days! you're an old pro and I can't wait until you give me some pointers when our little ones are here!

Belly, Keria, Tenzi, Hi!

wave.gif

TGIF!!! Nothing on the schedule this weekend so i'm ultra excited to just relax. I can't wait. And then appointment on Monday where i'm going to ask them to detail out what will happen in the next 4 weeks. i can't believe i'm going to be at week 34 in just a couple of days! The days literally flew by and i still have so much to do. We did find a nanny but the funniest thing is that she only speaks chinese, which will be interesting. We wanted our babies to grow up speaking chinese. DH has been learning but isn't completely fluent yet. And neither am I, although i do ok. We were thinking that  this way, DH and i can build up our speaking skills and my mom wants to help so that will be good. Also, this woman has experience taking care of twins and she really is amazingly sweet. So I'm hoping that the trial run (first month) goes well!

love.gif

#981 of 2768 Old 05-18-2012, 09:17 AM

Vegan - oh man, that's a tough choice.  I know this probably won't help any, but who is it that you are MOST comfortable with being with you to help make the appropriate decisions when your judgement may be clouded?  If you instantly think 1 vs the other, then that is the person you should go with!!

Kewpie - Awe poor kiddo.  I think it's crazy that you ended up being on both side of the coin, does it make you look back at placing him with that family in a new light than what you did at the time?  I can only imagine how difficult that was, and think you are an amazing woman for doing it.  It's funny, I cried when they released them during transfer too, but didn't with my failed IVF back in 2008.  I think it was the same thing, somehow I just knew it was going to work and I just saw my babies go in where one ended up settling in!!  Ohhh, I love how they react with solids the first time!  My DD we started with peas and she LOVED them!  And yeah, so want to see the videos.

rena - Yeah for relaxing!  34 weeks, wow.  That's really cool that you found a nanny to help raise them bilingual.  I'm so jealous!! 

#982 of 2768 Old 05-19-2012, 04:40 AM

Vegan, I forgot to answer about this in my last post. I agree with Hope. Giving birth is already hard enough...you don't want to regret who you go with just because you already promised them. If you're perfectly comfortable with the student/teacher, go for it. But otherwise, if there is a niggle of doubt and you keep reaching for the other one, go with her!

love.gif

#983 of 2768 Old 05-19-2012, 07:44 AM

Hello all!!!  Sorry I've been such a slacker over here!!  I do get updates when you all post on my phone but don't always get over here to post, but know that I'm always reading and thinking of you all and hoping your pregnancies and those babes are all doing well!!!!!  I'm on bedrest after my transfer yesterday so I had some free time today to try and get all caught up.  Also, see my question for you ladies below.  Thanks!!

Keria - Love the new pics of the babes soooooo cute!!!!  How is your cold and are you feeling better??? I hope so and i hope no one else in the house gets it!!  Spring colds are the worst!!!

Vegan-  Don't you hate those kind of situations!!!!  We were going to use a Doula for our twins pregnancy and had only had like 3-4 meetings w/ her when I went into pre-term labor w/ our boys and ended up calling her in at their birth and now I always feel like if we get pregnant again I'd feel bad not using her again but w/ all that we spent over these last 6 yrs trying to get pregnant again I don't know if we can afford it or if we really need it since now I know that DH won't pass out since he has seen the whole birth process already and did okay.  That was one of the reasons i wanted to have a doula b/c I thought DH would be on the floor when I needed him the most.  LOL  Good luck w/ figuring it out.  You could always just tell the other girl that the one you had used before called you back w/ an opening and you feel really bad but feel some loyalty to her since she delivered DD.  I'm sure she would understand.

Kewpie - love the swimsuit pic!!!!  So adorable!!!!!  Sorry to hear that Liam's had the issues w/ the shell.  I'm sure it will just take some time for all of it to calm down and the socket to get used to it.  I know when i was 9months old I had to have eye muscle surgery and my parents said it was harder on them then on me as a baby.  I might have already told you that.  He seems like such a trooper!!!!

Hope-  So good to see you over here!!!!  Awesome beta numbers!!!  When is your next appt?  I'd assume it is w/ your reg OB right??  Do you have a reg OB here in the area?  If you need a name PM me and I could give you mine.  I think she is great... maybe a little too thorough but it is better than my last one that I felt was too laid back I guess.

Renavoo- Hope you are getting lots done this weekend and also resting as well.  Glad that work seems to have settled down a bit for you.  You are amazing working all of those hours!!!  I'm glad that you found your nanny.  That has to be a weight lifted off of your shoulders.

Belly- How are you doing??  Hope you are taking it easy too!  How is the work coming in the attic? 

Tenzi- How are you???  Did you have a recent appt? If so how did that go??  How many wks are you again?

Praying-  Haven't seen your name pop up here for a little while so just thought I'd check in on you? I did see your name over on the other side but I don't think there was much of a AFM.  Fill us in on how you are doing!!!!  Hope DS is doing better, i do remember that part.

Bungalow-  I really hope all is well w/ you.  I'm sure you must be busy but we would all love to hear a quick update.  I think the last time you were on you mentioned that things might be happening a little sooner than you expected.  Thinking of you and who knows if you even are online to read these post but just wanted you to know.

Okay, I think i remembered everyone... if not, i'm sorry.  I was just looking back a page or two to try and get caught up.  Okay, here is my question for you ladies.  Yesterday we did our last and final FET/fertility procedure ever.  We transferred one embryo that was a 10 cell grade 2+ which sounded great to me.  In the last 5 transfers that we have done, I don't think we have ever transferred an embryo that had more than 4 or 5 cells, so this sounded good to me. After we left his office and I started to think about it, my RE didn't seem as excited as I was (maybe I was just reading into it too much like i normally do with things) so then I started to wonder if it wasn't as good as it sounded.  So... I was just wondering what were the cells/grades of embryos that you ladies that got pregnant or if you know anything more about this??  I know that our embryo was frozen, I think on like Day 2 or 3 so I'd think that once it was thawed it would more like a Day 3-4, but I'm not too sure.  I guess an embryo can divide too fast too at a certain point and that is not good.  Ugghhhh!!  My mind is so mean sometimes!!!!!!!  Anyways, any help would be nice.  Thanks!!  Hope everyone is having a good weekend.  It is a beautiful day here and i wish I could be outside instead of being stuck on the couch but hopefully it will be all worth it.

After 5 failed IUI's & 6 failed IVF's we threw in the towel w/ ART and then got a NATURAL miracle BFP! Hoping and praying it is finally our take home baby!  Mother to our twins boys in heaven -lost at 22.5wks on 6/20/09 and 1 other little angel in heaven.

Our Miracle has arrived... Caden James...

#984 of 2768 Old 05-19-2012, 08:04 AM

Blue: I'm no expert, but 10 cell sounds great to me! I transferred an 8 cell on day 3. So if it had time to divide a little more, then it's right where it should be! I have everything crossed for you!!

AFM: Well I finally talked to DH about the midwife choice. We've decided to stay w/the newer midwife that we already agreed to work with. We both like her and feel comfortable with her. And we know that if she has any questions during prenatals she can discuss them with her mentor - and her mentor will be at the birth. So we shouldn't have anything to worry about. She has a very sweet, calm demeanor - and she is great with my DD at prenatals. 

Monday I am meeting a doula. Not for myself. But to take care of DD. I want someone to be there who can be focused on her and take her away from me if she is scared or something. I want DH to be able to focus on the birth and we don't have relatives in the area - and it isn't possible to ask anyone to come stay for 3 weeks and wait around. I have plenty of friends who could take her, but they all have little ones of their own and couldn't really come stay here without bringing a house full of kids.Might be nice to let DH watch DD on earlier labor and let the midwife work with me though. DH didn't really do anything for me during my last labor. All I really remember of the 6ish hours I labored at home while he was there too, was him showering and getting things packed in the car. Of course that couldn't have taken 6 hours! LOL. I guess he hung out with me and kept me company. But that's about it. My last labor was less than 8 hours total so maybe this one will be shorter.

Cindy

#985 of 2768 Old 05-19-2012, 12:09 PM

Blue, I'm so excited for you. I didn't answer your question on the other side because honestly, I didn't know! I only had a 5 day transfer and they never did tell me how many cells each embie was. When I asked them to grade it, they pretty much said that they didn't grade frozen embies but rather just told us how much of the cells thawed as opposed to didn't. My thing is that for an approx 3 day embie, the fact that you had 10 cells thawed sounds AMAZING to me. So I'm going with my first gut reaction and hoping that i'm right. It could be that the RE is just being cautious because he also doesn't want to get his hopes up too high. He seems to really care for you too.

Vegan, I was just thinking about your doing all that during your last labor and i chuckled. it's so funny because I feel like a lot of time, dhs just really don't contribute that much during this process. We're the ones experiencing all the issues during the 9.5 months of gestation and then, the hours of pain during labor. Men, well, they hold our hands. ;o) I know I'm simplifying things because my DH has been so supportive and wonderful through this whole thing but I think about how i have to deal with all the swelling, GI upset pain, carpal tunnel, back pain (just got some bad pack pain last night) etc and he can just watch sympathetically and give me a few back rubs or scratches when I ask him to. Love our men but yes, if you think it's better for the MW to work with you, do IT! and YAH for a short delivery! (relatively!)

love.gif

#986 of 2768 Old 05-19-2012, 01:09 PM

Oops - I meant to say it might be nice to let DH take DD and let the DOULA work with me early one. But I will also have my midwife, a 2nd midwife and a student midwife here - so plenty of people who know what they are doing will be focused on me. Last time, we stayed home alone and then only were at the birth center 1.5 hours before DD arrived - so the midwives there told me positions to be in and couched me when I was pushing - but I think a homebirth midwife will come over much earlier than I went to the birth center? Not sure. I do know a doula will come right when labor begins if you want. 

Yep, men get off easy! DH gives lots of great foot rubs while I'm prego (when I'm not too, but I get MORE now). I'm letting him pick up some slack w/DD - letting him do bath and most of bedtime. He lets me nap a bit more (naps are SO rare when you have a little one that gets up early and no longer naps). I still feel guilty though. 

Rena: I hope your back feels better!

Cindy

#987 of 2768 Old 05-19-2012, 03:59 PM - Thread Starter

Blue fingers crossed for a very sticky embie did you thaw both of your embies? I had a 10 cell on my first cycle the embryologist said it was a  very good embryo.

My babes ended up catching my cold poor little things were so snotty they couldn't eat and breath at the same timem thankfully we are much better now.

My girl is screaming  I'll be back later.

#988 of 2768 Old 05-19-2012, 04:44 PM

Keria - Yes, we did thaw both... they were frozen together so we had no choice.  The Dr said that the other one didn't look so good.  Sorry to hear that your babes got your cold, but hopefully everyone is on the mend now!!

After 5 failed IUI's & 6 failed IVF's we threw in the towel w/ ART and then got a NATURAL miracle BFP! Hoping and praying it is finally our take home baby!  Mother to our twins boys in heaven -lost at 22.5wks on 6/20/09 and 1 other little angel in heaven.

Our Miracle has arrived... Caden James...

#989 of 2768 Old 05-19-2012, 06:35 PM

blue - both cycles, all 4 embies of mine were 3 days and 8 cells. I dont remember fragmentation on the first cycle, but Liam and Maisie were really good.  I don't remember how they graded... I'll have to look back and see if we got grades.  Your 10 cell is the best I've ever heard of.  I only know one person who had 9 cells, but never more than that.  I think that sounds REALLY promising!

IVF #1 11 weeks

#990 of 2768 Old 05-19-2012, 06:56 PM

ok, blue - I just went back to my last cycle to see what I wrote about it... 

Quote:

Just wanted to let y'all know that the transfer went perfectly. As you know, we had 100% fertilization rate, Well, we also had near perfect quality too. They were all 8 cell 3 day blasts and they are rated by how much fragmentation they have. 1 is none, .75 is a small amount, etc. (not sure if all clinics use the same scale) We had 1 rated at 1 and the other 3 were at .75 and all 4 were symetrical. We got to keep the pictures of the blasts and also the petri dish they grew in. If I think to do it, I'll post the picture later. I could not believe how clean they looked.

The doctor said, "you sure focus on quality, not quantity." So, 2 were transferred and 2 are being frozen. Since I knew where to look this time, I got to see the flash when they got injected. The doctor said it was a beautiful textbook transfer.

So, it looks like my clinic uses a different scale than yours does.  I wonder where +2 stands then?  

IVF #1 11 weeks

Tags
Pregnancy

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page