IVF Graduates thread!! - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 19Likes

#91 of 2772 Old 11-14-2011, 04:39 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Bungalow, hehe I totally pictured a salt lick on a night stand!  Glad the baby's placenta moved.  Not sure if it was like me, but I had a partial previa (or however it is spelled) with my DD, but it was completely gone by 28 weeks!

Renavoo, yay for going to the gym and taking the day off.  Your job sounds pretty intense!  My job is fairly relaxed and I don't think I could get away with sneaking a nap in :)  But maybe I should try to build a George Castanza bed under my desk to try it out :)  Very cool your DH went to your u/s appointment! 

Kewpie, what darling pictures of Liam (btw one of my top 3 fav boy's names!), I hope we get to see Maise on Friday!!!  So is your DH taking off all of the Thanksgiving week?  I am looking forward to the 4 day weekend with my DH :)

Blue, everyone loves your company!!! 

AFM, I said it on the other thread too, but I am really worried about all the cramping.  Although, it isn't quite constant, it is very very frequent all day long.  Like period cramps.  I don't remember this at all with my DD's pregnancy.  I wonder if I should call the RE...maybe I will just to let them know, although I am sure they wont think it's a big deal since there isn't anything they can do anyway.  I also had to help my mom a lot today and she has no idea about any of this, so I felt obligated to help her carry stuff that was pretty heavy.  I mean it would be really weird for me not to help her without an "excuse".  I do notice when I lay down and don't do anything the cramping seems to go away...but that's really hard to do with DD (30lbs always wanting to be held), work, cooking, cleaning, ect...  Luckily my DH insists I relax with him around so for a couple hours at night I have a nice break to sit and not overdue it.

cd.gif  love.gif(DD1 Oct 2009),  angel1.gif (2011) ,  twins.gif (DD2 and DD3 June 2012)

#92 of 2772 Old 11-14-2011, 06:29 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Bungalow, thank you SO much for sharing your story about working with the spirited little guy, who touched your heart so much... It's really heartening to hear, because I find it can be so tiring with the challenging aspects-- but then most of the time it is so joyful and FUN.   Lots and lots of laughter,especially now as he is getting older and you can really tell how he soaks things in like a sponge and tries new things.  In the beginning, as a new parent, I often wondered if there was something I was doing 'wrong' (even though I knew temperament factored into it) because all the other mothers I knew seemed to have such 'easy' babies... now I know that's not true.  However, having said that, there are for sure some things I'm going to do differently, regardless of what kind of baby I have, ha ha (like, being more consistent in the beginning with naptimes and bedtime routines).  Ah, we can be so hard on ourselves, especially the first time around, can't we!  I'm really happy to hear that things are going well with you.  I can't wait hear your news when you have another scan!

Belly, darn that cramping.  It's so disconcerting, isn't it!  I had it on and off for a good while in the beginning, more so with this one than with my first.  I don't have it anymore, but I do have this achiness sometimes down in my lower abdominal area, around where the ovaries are.  Kind of like a mild, shooting pulse-like discomfort-- it goes away pretty quickly though.  But I really, really dislike the feeling it evokes in me-- it's not like, 'ah, these are normal pregnancy aches and pains', it's more like 'ack, what's happening, omg, omg'.  It helps if I distract myself, or lay down.

Kewpie, those images are just precious!  I really want to do 3D this time around, it's really quite something to see.  That's so awesome that they are doing so well.  I noticed your ticker and I was, like, YAY!  Are you super uncomfortable?  When does your bedrest let up a bit, are you getting close to when they said it was okay?

Renavoo, I'm happy to report that my nausea started to ease up yesterday-- my DH is teasing me and saying that it's more of a psychological thing because my dose of my meds was last night... but we both know that it takes awhile with half-lives and all that... but really and truly, yesterday wasn't  a bad day and today was great-- even had a lot of energy with just having had a 1/2 hour nap this afternoon.  And I'm not feeling sick tonight!  I'm still pretty picky about what what I want to eat at any given hour, but still, it's an improvement!  So, I hope this is encouraging for you.  Hey, that's so great about your u/s today!  Do you think you will want to find out the genders later on?

Me & DH ; DS (Aug 2010) ; DD1 (May 2012) ; DD2 (Nov 2013)
#93 of 2772 Old 11-15-2011, 03:29 AM

Belly, I get cramping too. My nurse says that the only thing i should be looking for is bright red bleeding with or without cramps. The cramps, she says, are normal. So, I'm taking that at face value. The cramps are light now but generally, the more tired i get, the more i feel it so definitely try not to overdo it. i was watching a TV show, Bones (about a forensic scientist solving crimes) and the title character is currently pregnant. Her partner (and lover) wanted to carry a really heavy looking bag for her due to her pregnancy. She told him that since the beginning of time, women were carrying heavy things while pregnant. It's just the way of the world. I know that our REs want us not to carry anything too heavy and I definitely follow that rule. However, I'm thinking one day of heavier lifting will probably be ok! Don't worry! The little embie is snuggling in and the placenta is burying deeply.

By the way, does anyone else think that the whole process sounds just so alien? haha

Tenzin, THANK YOU for giving me some hope. I just cannot WAIT until  the nausea starts subsiding already. It really is exhausting to fight that and the general exhaustion. I'm also crazy hungry all the time. I wake up in the middle of the night twice because I'm nauseated from hunger. I think I drink a gallon of milk every four days now. It's just crazy!

I am not looking forward to work this week because it's going to be a majorly busy week. Thursday, I'm already slotted to work from 9 to 8pm although after 8, we will probably have a debrief so i will probably be working at least a 12 hour day. hey, i guess I should be happy because i could be working a 14 hour day. sigh.

I'm definitely going to find out the sex of our babies. DH says that I lack the patience gene. hehe. I don't care about being surprised. I would rather start preparing the room for our babies. oh and Tenzin, I'm thinking I'm going to buy the doppler. What about you?

Hi to everyone else! hope you ladies are doing well!

Attempted induction at 38 weeks; ended up with a c-section.

In love with my baby boy Colin and baby girl Sienna!

love.gif

#94 of 2772 Old 11-15-2011, 07:36 AM

renavoo, I'm really torn about the doppler.  Yesterday I was really wishing I had one, I just wanted to have some reassurance. But DH is worried that if I had one, and tried to locate the hb and couldn't find it simply because I wasn't looking in the right spot, that I would panic.  And that would happen each and everytime if I couldn't find it.  So he's wondering if the stress is worth it.  He's telling me to have trust in my body and the baby, and to have faith that things will work out.  I looked up the site that Kewpie mentioned, and it's pretty tempting... Have you looked at the site?  I wonder why it says that before you buy one, you should check with your health care provider.  I keep saying that I won't ask for the gender to be revealed to us, but my mom doesn't believe that will happen, she thinks curiousity will win out.  ha ha  The room that we have in our home that will be for the new baby is done in a colour that I think either a boy or girl would like when they are a little older (it's currently our home office).  And we've got enough clothes for a wee one and we don't care what colour they are, since in those early days it's such a tiring (but fantastic) 'commotion'.  ha ha, Days and nights are all mixed up and the days all blend together.  If it's a girl, we can always go to this really great second-hand clothing store that I know of in my parent's hometown-- you can buy brand name, good quality, stylish, awesome condition clothes for a buck a piece.  The clothes that are put out on the rack are for all seasons, too, so that will work out really well for getting clothes in a pinch.  I love getting deals like that, I'm rather frugal.  And, well, the money we save that way can be put towards stuff that we feel are 'must-have-new'.  I don't like painting too much, because I'm concerned about chemicals and all that stuff, even when I'm not pregnant (I'm especially paranoid about the chemicals they put in diapers, and the parabens they put in things like diaper rash cream and all that.)  Now that we are getting a new king bed and dresser and stuff, I'm really itching to change the colour of our own bedroom, since the whole effect isn't going to work that well.  Since I'm alittle bit of a perfectionist (ha ha) and DH isn't, I don't trust the finished job if he does it, so it looks like we'll have to hire someone to paint it in the late spring when the windows can ventilate, and DS and I will go to my parents place for a few days.  I'd rather do things myself though, to save money.  Oh well.

#95 of 2772 Old 11-15-2011, 08:20 AM

Thanks everyone for sharing the gender excitement! I'm still not sure I believe it. I was really thinking two girls. But something was definitely poking out from baby A that wasn't the cord. Who knows?! I was supposedly a boy named Michael until I came out a girl. My mom has taught me to be skeptical. So ready for Monday's scan.

Kewpie - what a cutie Liam is!  I love that they interact with each other. I imagine mine keeping each other company. I hope Maisie cooperates next time!

Belly - I had cramping, too. I think the progesterone can actually make it worse. I had spotting in my 5th week, too that drove me crazy. Then lots of pain from my left ovary with late hyperstim issues that made me so worried about an ectopic. Then the stretching cramps started! It was a worrisome time overall. Just visualize the baby burrowing in and getting nice and snuggly. My acupuncturist suggested that and it really helped ease my mind about all of the uterine twinges.

Tenzins - Lucky you with the nausea ending! Mine is still going strong. I've just accepted that it might go the whole time for me. Luckily I just throw up in the mornings now instead of all day. So worth it, but goodness gracious! I told DH I will never drink again because it feels like I'm in for a 9 month hangover.

***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32*stork-boy.gifstork-boy.gif*36***40

#96 of 2772 Old 11-15-2011, 01:06 PM

Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)

Belly - Yep, he's taking off the whole week.  I'm so excited!

I had a lot of period cramping this pregnancy too.  It was nearly all the time.  When I talked to the RE and later my OB about it, they said that it was just my uterus being irritable from the growing.  I didn't have it in any other pregnancies either.  The laying down also helped me.  The RE said that laying down with knees bent helps relax the uterus.  Drinking even more water seemed to help too.  As long as there is no blood, I'm sure everything is fine, but do call your RE if it makes you feel better.

Tenzin - I really don't feel bad at all until late evening and into the night.  I feel really good during the day, but by about 8-9pm, my back and pelvic floor are killing me.  SOme nights it just takes a warm bath to feel better, but then others, nothing helps.  It's really not as bad as I was expecting, though.

Renavoo - I hear ya on the nausea and waking in the night to eat.  The nausea for me, slowed down when I got to about 18-19 weeks and then it mostly stayed away until about 2 weeks ago.  It's not as bad as in the beginning, but it's still annoying.  I find that I'm sicker after a growth spurt.  For the hunger, I really didn't have the hunger and waking in the middle of the night till about halfway through the 2nd trimester.  It scared me a little cause I was losing so much weight. (Thanks to the Luke book)  Now, I eat a peanut butter sandwich at 8 pm when I go to bed and then I keep walnuts or almonds by the bed for during the night.  Protein seems to stick with me longer.  Occasionally I have to get up and make something bigger, but usually the nuts are enough. If you find anything else that seems to work, let me know cause nuts do get a little old... orngtongue.gif I try to stay away from carbs so I don't spike my blood sugar.

I don't know how you handle your job while pregnant with twins.  I quit my job right after the miscarriage and was so glad I could be home during this pregnancy.  You amaze me!  

AFM - Absolutely no news from me... That's a good thing, I guess. :)

Me: 33 PCOS Him: 33 vericocele
13 long years of TTC using various methods before the twins finally came - Too much history to list
IVF #1 11 weeks
IVF #2 Liam and Maisie (now 2 years old)
IVF #3 BFN and no frosties
IVF #4 BFP!!!! Twins again!

#97 of 2772 Old 11-15-2011, 03:03 PM - Thread Starter

Kewpie what a cutie do you see a resemblance? Hopefully Maisie will want to say hi to the camera on friday.

Bungalow Congrats on one of each I guess I was wrong. I was feeling 2 girls for me as well but nope. I was a little scared of boys because I grew up with my brother who was lets just say a "spirited child" . The other day I was cleaning an old bookcase with my mom and she had like 12 books on parenting the difficult child lol. I am super excited to have one of each though and something tells me that our little girl is going to be our little terror.

Rena you are my hero, during my first tri I was lucky to squeeze an hour or two of work. I guess if it has to be done it has to be done. I'm going to guess one of each for you so you can follow the trend.

Belly I don't remember if I had cramping or not but I do remember the worry I'm hoping the days till the u/s fly for you. You are getting another beta this week right?

Tenzin I'm glad you are feeling better. I love my doppler but I did wish I was able to realx and just trust my body like my other pregnant friends.

AFM no news as well working like crazy, poor DH has a mancold so I have to work extra hard.

Mommy to our Twin Miracles babygirl.gifbabyboy.gif born on 29/1/12

#98 of 2772 Old 11-15-2011, 03:51 PM

Renavoo, I agree, you working so much is amazing!  I am so tired and just working part time right now :)

Bungalow, I am on pins and needles waiting for the official gender anouncement next week!!! 

Kewpie, super excited for Maisie's photo shoot on Friday too! :)

Tenzi, I wish I could wait for the birth to find out the gender, but alas I am also missing the patience gene!  It sounds like you guys are pretty much set with everything.  I don't plan on buying much, maybe a couple blue sleepers if it was a boy, but we are set on basics and general "baby items".  I wish I could find clothes around here for $1 each!!!  What a steal!  Do you plan on cloth diapering to save money and stay away from all the chemicals?  It's hard for me to believe how much I love them!  If you would have asked me 5 years ago I probably would have just said "Ewwww", but I have seriously converted most my friends too!  Cloth diapers are probably my favorite baby item...and a good carrier! 

Keira, are your twins due in February or will you expect them earlier?

Thanks for everyone's reassurance about the cramping.  I think I'll wait till they call with my beta results tomorrow to ask them...of course if my beta is normal then I am sure they will say everything is fine.  I am hoping my beta is around 3500 based on betabase and my betas with DD.  Then I could probably relax for a few hours :) 

cd.gif  love.gif(DD1 Oct 2009),  angel1.gif (2011) ,  twins.gif (DD2 and DD3 June 2012)

#99 of 2772 Old 11-15-2011, 07:50 PM

Belly, we do cloth diaper.  We love it; we have a few different kinds, but we have a favorite-- it's a pocket diaper, I can't remember which one it is.  Darn, I've got pregnancy brain!  We use a disposable at night, however... the other ones just got so soaked.  I heard that boys have different bladder habits than girls, as in, they don't hold their pee as well as them and so they have more issues with soaking diapers.  I wonder if this is true.  I guess we'd find out, if we have a girl!  Which diapers do you like?  What carrier do you have?  We couldn't use a carrier much with DS, because he seemed to really dislike it at different stages.  We tried soooooo many different kinds-- ring sling, BabyHawk, MobyWrap.  I hope the next one likes them.  Yeah, we are pretty much set, too.  One thing I wish I had was an ArmsReach Co-sleeper for those early months.  We have a regular bassinett, but I found it was a pain getting in and out of bed.   I loved night nursing, and so it would be great to just reach over and slide him/her over to me and then slide back afterward.  A friend of mine has one and she loves hers.  They are so expensive though!  I know someone else who has one of those hammock style sleeping things-- have you heard anything about those?  They are pricey as well-- probably out of our budget.  But I'm curious if they help the baby sleep better, especially if they are colicky.

#100 of 2772 Old 11-16-2011, 02:47 AM

Hi ladies! haha you are all so funny. Thanks for all your comments about my working but I think that you are all the SMART ones and I'm just dumb. haha seriously, I came home yesterday in a horrible mood because I had to stay late again and my boss put me on yet another big project. I love my job, I do. I just think that the hours are getting ridiculous. Funny, however, how before i got pregnant, they were more of an annoyance. Now, they make me upset. darn mood swings. The end of the year tends to be the busiest because our clients are all trying to use up the year's budget so hopefully, it gets better soon. I will be having a discussion with my boss about my pregnancy in a few weeks anyway so he'd better let up a bit or I may have to leave!

Kewpie, you have convinced me to eat something substantial right before bed. Last night, i got up at 2,4,and I'm now up at 5am to eat something. It is fairly ridiculous. i actually just drink milk typically (2 and 4 am. 5 am is when I eat something) but I've decided that that plan isn't working and i need to eat something before bed and, if I wake up, something substantial at 2am so I don't wake up at 4am! peanut butter and jelly sounds divine. :o) i'm jealous that it didn't start for you until the second trimester although, yuck for the nausea. Ugh. Ooooh just a couple of more days and it's picture time for Maisie!!

Keria, hope DH gets over the man cold soon! It's been a really bad season for colds, I think. I know a lot of people who are sick here too. (In my office, if I see someone sick, I end up running the opposite way. it makes for some funny, if insulting, pictures. hehe)

Bungalow, that is so how i described the nausea to my DH too!! I told him I feel like I have been hungover for weeks now. it puts it in terms that he understands. haha hey, he's definitely been hungover a few times ;o) How are you feeling overall?

Tenzins, it's definitely a difficult choice. I'm going to get the doppler after 12 weeks because, well, I'm just that curious but yes, I'm worried that i won't be able to find the heart beats which will drive me batty. But I thought I might as well try and if I can't do it, I'll just give it up. I actually was thinking that I would get a couple of my friends (doctor and nurse practitioner) to show me how to use it first so I could just imitate them in hopes that it works that way :o) Cloth diapers sound interesting- environmentally better and definitely cheaper but are they as absorbent? And how about cleaning them? I can't imagine that that would be fun! I'm curious though because i was considering cloth diapers as well.

Belly, How are you feeling? I can't wait for your results today! It's so exciting because I know that everything will go fine but you'll also be one done with one more milestone. Sigh, then you'll be on to the next milestone but still :o) Since we're so close, we're going to take it one day at a time together!!

AFM, well, I've graduated from the RE clinic and I will see the OB on Friday. I heard the heartbeats on Monday (145 and 152) so that's good. The RE has also dropped my endometrin dose to twice a day instead of three times a day so I'm hoping that that cuts down on the nausea. I've decided, however, that that might not be the issue...apparently, my hunger is a huge nausea issue and since i'm always hungry, I'm almost always a little nauseated. Sigh. I've been eating like a pig but I haven't gained any weight yet. however, I am massively bloated so my pants don't fit as well anymore :o( I need to buy bigger pants!! SHOPPING! :o)

Hope everyone is doing well!! Big hugs!!

love.gif

#101 of 2772 Old 11-16-2011, 07:40 AM

Keria - Thanks! His mouth seems to look like mine, which I got from my grandmother.  We think he got my husband's cheekbones.  Ugh to mancolds!  I have opinions about those, but I better keep it to myself orngtongue.gif

Bell;y - I'm so looking forward to your beta today!  c'mon big numbers!!

Tenzin - How funny! You mentioned all the things I'm currently fretting over!  We're planning to cloth diaper, but I have zero experience with them.  DH has has some, but only with flats.  I have a friend who brought by a hamper FULL of various ones and very few are the same.  So, I guess I'll get to try a zillion types.  Some of the diapers are HUGE.  I don't think it would be possible to put any sort of pants over them.  They make bumgenius look tiny if that's any indication.  I'll take a picture of them if I can remember.  I am making a bunch of flats to use in the early weeks and I plan to sew at least a few AIOs for when we go out.  

We're also looking into carriers right now.  We spent a bunch of time looking at them last night.  We're leaning towards a Boba (used to be sleepy wrap) cause their organic ones are made in Colorado.  Their "classic" are supposed to be made in China.  The problem is, we couldn't figure out which were the classic and which were organic and buying from the US is definitely important.  I'm hoping our little ones like to be carried in something like that.  I'm not sure how I will carry them both up and down our 3 flights of stairs otherwise. The wraps seem so much less bulky than the structured ones.  

We actually bought an Arm's Reach co-sleeper last year when we were expecting our first.  We got it on an after Thankgiving sale and even got free shipping.  I got it at either diapers.com or babyearth.com.  We got the wooden sleigh type.  I hope you can find a great deal somewhere and be able to get one.  They are so pricey! The sheets are expensive too.  At amazon, they are $18.  Ugh! I bought one set and I'm tempted to use it as a template and just sew some more.  I'm a little hesitant to make my own things for sleeping things though... I have a friend who has the arms reach sleeping hammock.  Her baby has reflux and he can't sleep flat and it really seems to help.  She got hers on craigslist.  

Renavoo - Yay for graduating!  I felt a little scared to be graduated.  -not sure why...

13 long years of TTC using various methods before the twins finally came - Too much history to list
IVF #1 11 weeks

#102 of 2772 Old 11-16-2011, 07:46 AM

The cloth diapers I was mentioning that I love so much are pocket-style Bum Genius...

Renavoo, cloth diapers can be really absorbent, and the pocket-style allows you to put in an extra insert for nighttime.  We do a wash every 2 or 3 days, and we start out with a soak, then a wash and double rinse.  With a breastfed-only baby, the poo stains come out quickly by simply putting them where the sun can hit them.  Once they are on solids, it takes a lot longer to come out that way... we haven't investigated whether there is a different detergent we could use (there are only certain types that are recommended for cloth diapers; we use Claudia's Choice but I think Rockin' Green is another one)-- we're still relying on the sun.  We didn't use cloth diapers right away when DS was born because of the meconium being so sticky and staining.  DS has never had a rash, but sometimes we use a cream on his bottom as a preventive thing-- in that case, we use those disposable strips that come on a roll-- so it doesn't stain the diaper.  I have noticed that our water bill is higher from all the washing, but I definitely feel better with having him in cloth.  Oh gosh, your work shedule sounds daunting.  I know how tired I've been with a singleton!  Do make sure you are getting enough rest, it's too bad that it's the busy time of year at your workplace.  What are you going to do, just plough through things until you tell him in a few weeks?  What would happen if you told him sooner rather than later?  I guess so much depend on the guy himself, and your work climate... When I was working, I was at a Children's Hospital, so it was very family-friendly and I had a woman boss who was devoted to her two young girls, so if I was still there I know it would be easy for me to share that news early on with her.  In fact, she used to tell me that if I was going to have children, I better "get on it!".  Ha ha.  When I went to Africa on my own to meet up with a group once I was there, she told me, "Don't get yourself killed!".  She was great.  Ah, now I'm getting all sentimental thinking about my time there... darn pregnancy hormones!  ha ha

#103 of 2772 Old 11-16-2011, 12:26 PM - Thread Starter

The computer ate my reply :(

Anyways

We got some really cheap diapers on ebay they were 10 for 36$ so we got 20 of them they are one size so we'll use disposable until they fit in them and we'll probably just use them at home.

For sleeping we plan to side car one of the cribs and keep the other crib at their nursery/our office. For the carrier we got a beco I love it so far can't wait to try it with the babes.

Belly can't wait for your results today I'm sure they'll be perfect. Our twins would be "due" at the end of feb I think they'll be born sometime in the middle. I have a feeling we are going to have to evict them at 38 weeks they seem to too comfy in there.

Rena Yay for graduating, how many weeks are you? I ate tons on my first trimester it was the only thing that kept the nausea away.

I finally went out and got DH some cold medicine he refused to take anything before and just whines all day. I'm  really hoping I don't catch it.

#104 of 2772 Old 11-16-2011, 12:30 PM

About cloth diapers.  We totally love them.  We used disposables for the first week or so mainly cause i didn't want to stain my diapers :)  Then we used FuzziBunz x-small for the first 3 months, then switched to one size after that (till she potty trained at 20 months!)  I actually found the one size trimmer than mediums and only slightly bigger than a small.  They can be a little bulky on a newborn, but they grow so fast it can be hard to justify buying the xs or smalls!  Diaper laundry is/was actually my favorite type of laundry since there isn't any folding :)  I washed every other day in Rockin Green, Eco Nuts, or Allens (all cloth diaper detergents).  Like Tenzi said, breastfed poo is water soluble so it comes off really easy and we never had any problems when we changed to solid foods either because normally the poop was solid too and got dumped in the potty before washing.  Fuzzibunz are also pocket diapers so you can change the number/fabric of insert depending on use (like at night).  So easy, cute, cheap, environmentally friendly, and no chemicals on baby's bums (my DD has very sensitive skin).  It might be harder with twins (we went through about 15/day in the beginning - DD peed often but only a little at a time), but I do have one friend IRL that did prefolds and covers with twins.

I love my Ergo.  I am not sure where it's made, so that might not work for some.  I got the organic green Ergo and have loved it.  I also like that it has a pocket, so I could fit a diaper, a few wipes, and my small wallet for a quick trip to the grocery store :)  I have also heard great things about the Boba!  Although I haven't tried one myself.  I did buy a Moby on clearance that I am super excited to try this time around.  I was a little intimidated by all the wrapping, but I am sure I can handle it and I have friends that swear by it (especially with tiny twins)

Kewpie, My girlfriend and I were talking about the arms reach co-sleeper at work the other day (she doesn't know I am pg).  We both have really high beds so we didn't know if the sleeper would work. Do you know if it adjusts up and down?  Or how tall it is?  I guess I could probably look it up online, so don't worry if you don't know the answer off the top of your head!  We both used craddles/bassinets with our firsts, but it is a pain to get out of bed to get them...although I made DH hand DD to me for a long time :)  We also had the "in bed" co sleeper that we used for the first 6 weeks or so...till she got too tall for it. 

Renavoo, I love that we are only 2 weeks apart!!!

In case you didn't see on the other thread, my beta was still good today (4713), so I am still on for my u/s next wednesday...ugh it feels like a lifetime away!!!

#105 of 2772 Old 11-16-2011, 01:05 PM

belly - yup, the one we have adjusts from 18" to 30." From where I'm sitting, it looks like the wheels are attached to a pole that slides up and down within the legs and there seems to be a lock to lock it at the height you want. 

IVF #1 11 weeks

#106 of 2772 Old 11-16-2011, 01:25 PM

Kewpie, thanks!  I need to go measure my bed now :)

Keira, I love that you think you'll have to evict the twins!!!!  That sounds so funny :) 

#107 of 2772 Old 11-16-2011, 03:13 PM

I'm feeling really angry tonight for no good reason.  This is the second time I've felt like this this week.  grrrr

IVF #1 11 weeks

#108 of 2772 Old 11-16-2011, 04:10 PM

Belly, that's great about the beta!!  I cannot wait for your u/s on Wednesday, I hope the time goes by as fast as it can for you!  What is your due date?  I think I'm going to see about the Ergo, I have a friend who swears by it, too.  I can always sell my BabyHawk if I like the Ergo better.  I didn't get one at first, because I thought the straps and hip thingy would bother me... I do have a carrier that works the same way as a Moby Wrap, it's like a double sling and you just move them in a certain way to get the wrap effect (starts with a 'K', I can't remember the name).  I bought it on sale after DS was too heavy for that material/kind.  The wraps are so comfy for them when they are small, my friends have told me.  I'd like to check out the FuzziBunz, too, if you like them so much.  Nothing like hearing this stuff from other moms!  Oh, and the Boba looks really good I think, too-- was it in the mothering newsletterthat I saw they have a giveaway for them?  Isn't that amazing how even having a bassinette beside your bed can still be a pain, when you have to be the one to get up and get the baby?  DS had some issues with reflex in the early days, so he was waking a lot and needing to be held, so it was exhausting.  I'm so keen to get something else, like the co-sleeper or hammock.

Renavoo, when is your due date?

Kewpie, thanks for the info about the co-sleeper-- you always have such good info and the names of the websites that you share.  Hopefully as the night progresses your mood lifts... it's frustrating when moods get like that, when there doesn't seem to be a reason.  Pregnancy... it's kinda crazy what our bodies do, heh? 

Have to run... must clean up the house while I have a window of opportunity before DH and DS come back from groceries.  I'm hoping they come back with some boneless, hot flavored chicken wings from Tony Roma's.  Ack, the money we've been spending on eating out lately... I just don't feel like eating what we have at home very much.

#109 of 2772 Old 11-16-2011, 06:16 PM

Kewpie, I am sorry you are angry/upset.  I know it's really frustrating for me when I find myself in a "mood" for no reason and I can't shake it.  Try to take it easy on yourself though, you are giving up so much on bedrest that you need extra love and support.

Keira, how is the house hunting going?  A lot of exciting stuff for you guys!!!!!  I have a girlfriend IRL that got a bunch of inexpensive diapers on ebay (I think BabyLand) and she loves them!!

Tenzi, As of now, my due date is 7/15/12.  I love my one size fuzzibunz.  The reason I love them so much is the way they adjust.  They use elastic adjustments around the legs and waist (like maternity/kids pants) so they are always really snug around the legs/no blow outs and it's like a custom fit because of how many settings there are.  So you set them and then don't have to change any settings until the baby grows and you want to make it a little bigger (several months in between).  Since they adjust inside the diaper, they don't snap down the front like other one size diapers so there is no bunching in the front or snap marks on thighs.  They just came out with the "elite" one size, which completely hides the adjustment inside the pocket (it was partially outside before, so easier to get to, but the elastic would curl in the wash sometimes and pop out and need tucked back in).  I'll probably end up selling my ridiculously huge stash and go with the new style.

Oh and for everyone, I don't know if you know about diaperswappers.com but that is an AWESOME place to buy/sell new and used cloth diapers!  That's how I tried lots of different brands without spending a fortune and where I have sold all of our diapers when they come out with new styles or colors :) I might be addicted!  Even so, we have probably saved at least $2500 on diapering our DD!

Also, most of the cloth diaper stores will be having black friday sales, they are already talking them up on facebook, so whatever I buy new will probably be on black friday.  I don't like to buy anything diaper related unless it's around 20% off with free shipping.  I have been around enough to know that those deals pop up a few times a year and to only buy at that point :)  Never pay full price!  Then worse case you can sell them if you don't like them and not loose much/if any money :)  I have actually made money trying new diapers and selling them a few times!!

#110 of 2772 Old 11-17-2011, 03:28 AM

Hi Ladies, i love reading about your purchases!! it gives me a list of stuff i need to go look into when it's time. I was thinking I would start shopping around 14 weeks or so. I don't want to wait too long but i definitely want to try to wait at least until I'm into the second trimester. I'm definitely keeping my eyes on the cloth diapers!!

Belly, I'm so excited for you! joy.gifGreat beta!! haha i'll be curious to see if you have twins in there too :o) I myself can't wait for your us :o) Can next week get here ALREADY!?

Keria, haha aren't men babies when they get a cold!? i mean, here we are, having a baby or multiple babies growing INSIDE of us and sniffles takes down the big man :o) I always found that very amusing. Be careful though and I hope you don't get sick!! Yesterday, at 2am, i decided to add some nuts to my milk diet to stave off the hunger. So, i got to sleep till around 5:30 today! yah! I'm still going to be exhausted tonight though...i'll be working around 12 hours today. sigh. Oh well, at least tomorrow is Friday!

Kewpie, hug2.gif It's natural to feel upset. I hope that DH is a calming presence. Is he home this week? You're being amazing and doing things that would drive most people batty. The bedrest is hard!! but just wait until your babies are in your arms...I bet that the anger will just fly away and you'll just feel wonder and love. I can't wait for that for you!!!

Tenzin, how are you feeling?

AFM, tomorrow i see the OB. I had a little more spotting yesterday :o( but I'm wondering how much of it is actually the endometrin usage vs actually something from the uterus. I was feeling a little sore yesterday and so i stopped using the applicator in hopes that it helped relieve the bleeding. We will see how it goes today.

Anyway, I hope that everyone is doing well. i have to start getting ready for my day so I just wanted to say that I was thinking of all of you!!

love.gif

#111 of 2772 Old 11-17-2011, 09:38 AM

I figured out why I was angry last night.  I was overly hot and my bedroom was messy.  We've been running the A/C, but it wasn't cutting it.  Thankfully a cold front came through during the night and it's cooled down.  I took a cold bath and DH and I tidied up the bedroom when he finally got home and I felt much better after that.  I keep telling myself that I'm NOT a neat freak like my dad, but I think I'm in denial.  If things are even slightly messy, I get anxious.  Thankfully toys don't seem to bother me, just paper and general clutter.

Belly - Thanks for the info about diaperswappers!  I've never heard of it.  I'll check it out in a minute.

renavoo - Next week is DH's vacation.  He came home really late last night which probably also contributed to my mood.  Sorry to hear about the spotting! :( Nothing worse than seeing that.  I wish blood that meant bad things was a different color so we could relax when it's just cervix (cervical?) blood or something...

IVF #1 11 weeks

#112 of 2772 Old 11-17-2011, 12:32 PM

Renavoo - great heartbeat numbers!!!!!  So exciting!!!  I used to drink lots of water and i would keep pretzel sticks in little baggies in my purse, in my desk, in the car, and on my nightstand to snack on all the time especially when i was feeling nauseous.  I really think the water helped a ton too though.  I used to get annoyed b/c I'd eat a big dinner and then like 30mins later I'd feel nauseous again and have to have something else to eat. As long as I would eat then I'd feel much better.  Good luck.  At least you haven't started gaining weight yet.  You need a ticker so I can remember how many weeks you are now!! Fill me in!!

Keria - hope your DH gets over his "man cold"  I had to laugh at that.  When my DH has a cold sometimes I just wish I had it instead b/c he can be so miserable.  Hope you don't get it.

Belly - so excited for your u/s next week.  What time is it at?

Tenzi - hope you are doing well.

Kewpie - glad you figured out what was bothering you yesterday and that the cold front moved in to cool you down.  Glad DH helped you get the room cleaned up some.  I always feel much better when my house is clean and if not it is like a weight on my shoulders sometimes.

Bungalowmama - i sure hope that the nausea lets up and you don't have to have it the whole time.  They do say the more you have the healthier the babes are though, or so i have heard if that makes you feel any better, I don't know.

Okay, back to just stalking you all.  hide.gif  Hope everyone is well!!!!

After 5 failed IUI's & 6 failed IVF's we threw in the towel w/ ART and then got a NATURAL miracle BFP! Hoping and praying it is finally our take home baby!  Mother to our twins boys in heaven -lost at 22.5wks on 6/20/09 and 1 other little angel in heaven.

Our Miracle has arrived... Caden James...

#113 of 2772 Old 11-17-2011, 04:14 PM - Thread Starter

Rena that sucks about the spotting grr. When are you stopping the progesterone?

Kewpie  Dh  gets mad at me if I'm picking up stuff or bending down to try to organize things but he won't do it either and the mess is driving me crazy. I should tale a pic of my place that would make you feel better lol

Belly Great Beta! one more week until u/s right? Those are the diapers we got they are super cute and cheap. House hunting is mostly on hold until after the holidays. People here already got their christmas bonuses so our business has been super busy. I don't know how we are going to do it next year with two babies to take care of.

Hi Blue :)

DH is still sick and is driving me crazy. He says the cold pills I got him made his cold worse. He says he feels good for a while and then  he feels 10 times worst. I told him that means he should take another one but nope he is back to doing it his way. I feel bad for being mad at him for being sick but I'm huge  and my feet are so swollen and yet I  have to do 70% of the work because he refuses to take a damn pill.

#114 of 2772 Old 11-18-2011, 03:20 AM

Keria, hug2.gif Ugh, it is pretty bad that he's behaving like this! I hope that he gets better soon. Maybe he just wants some coddling but don't get too close to him and get his germs!! haha you should see my place too...it's a huge mess. I'm just so tired when I get home that i don't want to clean. I think i need a housekeeper again! But DH wants to save money so I am giving him that but I am definitely not the domestic type, especially because of my job! I think that it's starting to bother me too though so maybe this weekend, since we're staying in, I'll do a little cleaning.

Kewpie, I think it was you who gave me the idea but I ate a peanut butter and jelly sandwich last night before bed. And i slept all the way through to 5:30am!! i was so excited! haha i'm still tired but hey, I had fewer awakenings than usual. My nausea this morning was almost nonexistent too! So hopefully i'm getting better. I'm so glad your mood is better! haha i frequently wish that I was warmer. i joke that i know pregnant women were supposed to feel hot all the time but I am always cold still. i think i'm warmer than I usually am but I'm still really sensitive to cold!

Blue, I cannot wait until your also here with stories about your pregnancy. I just want you to get pregnant so badly. You and DH deserve it!!! I'm 7 weeks 5 days. haha i really should get working on that ticker! maybe this weekend! Today, I see my OB. i really hope that she is nice because she fits all my criteria. She's close by, affiliated with my neighborhood hospital, and specializes in high risk births. So hopefully she is nice. My SIL went to another doctor at New York University hospital and the guy was an ass so I'm a little wary but I'll definitely doctor shop until I have a doctor I feel comfortable with!

I had a weird dream last night where my DH and I were camping while i was about 6 months pregnant. The odd thing is that we were camping on my mom's roof and we were causing some structural damage (haha concern about weight, maybe) hehe But I loved seeing myself 6 months pregnant. i was pretty large and I saw some stretch marks but I just didn't care because my babies were growing well. :o) Oh and work is continuing to get crazy so I decided to ask one of my coworkers (a lovely older woman) about what i should do. She said that I should really tell my boss early because this next month is crucial and he really should let me take it easy a little. Honestly, i don't think he will care but I will talk to him after thanksgiving. By that time, I will be starting week 9 so that will be closer to week 12 anyway. During the week of Dec 12th, it's going to be crazy. I have a huge client meeting on Monday and Tuesday, I have to fly to San Diego on Thursday and then rehearse for a meeting until late at night (in SD time!) and then fly back Thursday night to come home. It's going to be a week of long hours and stress because the trip to SD is also for another huge client presentation. I told DH last night that if my boss makes me go to dinner with clients on Monday of that week, I'm quitting my job. My boss frowns on us not going out with clients any time they are in town but seriously, i just want to relax when i can!! DH actually seemed relieved and said that he would totally support me quitting my job if it comes down to that. I think that the stress of my working such long hour is taking a toll on him too.

Sorry, I'm venting.

Anyway, YAH to it being Friday!!! (Kewpie, and yah to the start of your week with DH, uninterrupted!)

love.gif

#115 of 2772 Old 11-18-2011, 09:15 AM

Keria - I hope your DH gets better soon.  It seems pretty universal that guys have a hard time with feeling bad.  Can you imagine if they went through pregnancy and felt icky for months on end?  haha I think there'd be a lot fewer babies.

renavoo - I'm so glad the sandwich helped!  I eat one before bed every night and I still wake up occasionally wanting more food, but usually it does the trick.  There's something about PB&J that I just absolutely love lately and usually have one for breakfast as well.  lol  Wow, what a crazy dream!  I'd hate to have to fly all over like you do.  I'm not a good traveler... I stress way too much.

So, DH will have to work monday, but he promises that's the only day.  I'm not holding my breath though.  I'm glad he's so important at his job and it makes for good security, but I'm a little grumpy about it.  I'll take what I can get, though. Maybe I'll make monday a girlie day and watch chick flicks and eat foods that I love and DH hates.  Maybe I can convince a friend to come join me.... hmmm... I wish we all lived close enough to have a girl's night!  How fun would that be?

I drank a whole cup of coffee before the 3D this morning to keep Maisie moving.  This is my first cup of coffee since before the transfer and holy moley it worked.  SHe was SO active we had to be quick to catch images before she'd flail about again.  I'll post a couple good ones that we got of her here, but I made the whole Twinkie album public, so you should be able to see all the pictures from transfer day through today if you want to see them (thanks, Blue for the Twinkie name idea... such a cute name for them especially before we knew sexes) Man, she's got fat cheeks!  I love it!

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150207986421091.311288.694466090&type=1

BABY GIRL_12.JPG

BABY GIRL_16.JPG

This next one is a face-front shot.  

BABY GIRL_21.JPG

She looks so much like a baby doll to me.

IVF #1 11 weeks

#116 of 2772 Old 11-18-2011, 09:35 AM

Ok, posting one more cause it was just too cute!

BABY GIRL_18.JPG

IVF #1 11 weeks

#117 of 2772 Old 11-18-2011, 02:58 PM

Kewpie, I love the pictures!  Maisie is so beautiful!

Keria, I hope your DH is feeling better!!!  Ugh to sick men :)

Renavoo, like I said on the other thread, I think it's great you found someone to talk to about your boss and the pregnancy.  It's so different at every place of work.  For me, I'll probably wait a while, at least until next year.  I am trying to get a better part time job at the same company, so I kind of want that secure before saying anything, because it would have more benefits (like maternity!).  They are working on the HR stuff but it could take several months...but I already have to use a ponytail to loop through my jeans on "casual Friday", so I am not sure how quickly I'll start showing :)

AFM, my back started hurting really bad last night.  Thankfully the uterine cramping has mostly stopped so I wonder if it just moved to my back.  At first I totally freaked out because I read somewhere it was a sign of miscarriage, but so far no blood and I read other stories of women having back pain.  Anyone's back hurt so early?  It's just so weird because I don't remember any of this with my first pregnancy.  Also I am STARVING all the time! 

#118 of 2772 Old 11-18-2011, 04:39 PM

Belly, ME TOO (starving, that is.) My back pain comes and goes but once in a while I do get back pain. I don't know why but I don't think it's a big issue. My RE just keeps saying that I just need to look for bright red bleeding. That is the biggest sign.

Kewpie, AWWWWW!! Maisie is adorable!!! I'm so glad you finally got a 3D image of her!!

AFM, i went to my ob today and i like her although DH thinks she's a bit young. Another doctor comes in and apparently, this is one of the doctors who specializes in high risk. We REALLY didn't like her. she was a negative nelly and really just did nothing to put our minds at ease. She kept talking about how ivf aims at giving us one baby so if one ends up miscarrying, it's still a good thing. DH and I looked at each other like, WHAT!? She can't possibly be saying this!! Apparently, the us technician called her in because we need a high risk doctor to check  our US. she insisted she saw something like a hematoma. While I'm glad that she was really about following through (the technician kept saying that it wasn't anything big because when the sonogram was active, there really wasn't a dark spot to suggest a lot of blood there). Anyway, so after she does the checking herself, this doctor gives us the "death stare" and tells us that multiples are high risk and therefore, the risk of miscarriage is high so we need to prepare ourselves, even though everything looks fine now. Afterwards, we asked my actual OB about it and she said that the records didn't show anything bad and she will talk to the other doctor but she said that often, even if there is a hematoma, it resolves on its own. She then said that they will just keep watch over it. I mean, THAT sounds right...we know there is a risk but gosh, the first doctor just made us so uncomfy!

Argh!

love.gif

#119 of 2772 Old 11-19-2011, 03:06 AM

I found out yesterday that I am an IVF graduate- due July 25, 2012

Mama to my twin butterfly boys, Alan and Bruce, who passed away at 22 weeks gestation (3/24/12): Forever in Our Hearts. Our rainbow baby girl, my little bud of Hope,  joined our butterfly boys and Grandma Jan 1/31/13 at 9 weeks gestation. Love you so much. Next step: triadadopt.jpg
#120 of 2772 Old 11-19-2011, 06:17 AM

Welcome, Deborah! joy.gif

IVF #1 11 weeks

Tags
Pregnancy

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page