IVF Graduates thread!! - Page 43 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 10Likes

#1261 of 2768 Old 08-08-2012, 05:16 AM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
omg..OMG...WHAT?! BLUE!!!!!!! what...umph...must go read back! I'm SOOOOOOO happy for you and hoping hoping with all I can muster that this is a sticky baby!!!

ok...breathe...flying in first trimester. I asked my midwife and she said I shouldn't be concerned at all, and we flew to Germany and then Mallorca within a couple days. She said if it's not strong enough for that, then it's probably not a healthy bean anyway. She's very to the point, which I like, because she reassures me. Hopefully all is well. Last pregnancy I flew around now and got the stomach flu, which was AWFUL while pregnant, but it's not flu season now. I know kind of how you feel about not being under the RE's supervision...it feels weird for me too. I've tried to take the stance that this baby just wanted to be here because it dug right in on its own, so I feel like it just has to be a fighter. Hang in there, and definitely keep us updated!!! We're 8 weeks now, and i hope the little one is ok. My morning sickness has been a bit better, which freaks me out, but I've been really low energy and getting light-headed easily, and I got a migraine yesterday, plus I'm feeling stretchy uterus feelings, so I have to continue believing that everything is ok. All right, MUST GO STALK YOU! joy.gifgoodvibes.giffingersx.gif

Our little miracles are here!!joy.gif
energy.gif DD Born 7/15/11 biggrinbounce.gif DS Born 4/3/13
love.giflove.gif Keep growing healthy and strong, beautiful little fighter babies!!!

Auntie to Nell, Greta, Maggie, and Elsa!

Remembering our 3 losses

#1262 of 2768 Old 08-09-2012, 02:39 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Thanks ladies!!!!  We are truly still in shock!!!  I got my 2nd beta numbers back today and they went from 1300 to 2771 so that is good.  My fear is that I feel like I have lost all of my symptoms today.  Gosh this sucks.  The symptoms were driving me crazy and then today they are all gone and now I want them back.  The other 2 times I've been pregnant in the past my nose gets to be a wreck and DH has to sleep in the other bedroom b/c I snot, sneeze and snore all night long.  Last night DH actually slept in bed w/ me and it wasn't that bad at all and today I can breath fine, also the last few days I haven't had any appetite and food tastes funny but today my lunch tasted great and I was hungry too.  Ugghhhh!!!  irked.gif  This is going to be the longest 8 months of my life if all works out.  I go tomorrow at 1:40pm for my U/S w/ our high risk Dr that we have used in the past w/ the other 2 pregnancies.  I sure hope that I wake up tomorrow w/ those awful symptoms again.

Tear - thanks for the info about flying.  That made me feel better.  My RE, OBGYN all said they want to wait to see what the u/s shows before they give me to go ahead.  My feeling is even if it is bad news tomorrow i should still go.  Last time I m/c'd it took over a month before i even started bleeding and it was only a bit and i was taking the drugs too get things started as well, even though they weren't working.  We will see.  I'm glad to hear that you are 8 wks now.  At how many wks were you when you found out?  I will be 6 this Sunday I think so we are pretty close if all works out for us (meaning DH and I).  That is fun!!

Thanks again everyone for your support.

After 5 failed IUI's & 6 failed IVF's we threw in the towel w/ ART and then got a NATURAL miracle BFP! Hoping and praying it is finally our take home baby!  Mother to our twins boys in heaven -lost at 22.5wks on 6/20/09 and 1 other little angel in heaven.

Our Miracle has arrived... Caden James...

#1263 of 2768 Old 08-09-2012, 03:09 PM

Blue: Did you start taking prednisone or another steroid this week? That would clear you right up! My allergies were SO awesomely gone for the early part of this pregnancy bc of them. But man did they get bad again after. Good luck tomorrow! 

Cindy

Mama to my veggie girl hearts.gif(1/09) and my sweet rainbow baby rainbow1284.gif (9/12). 

#1264 of 2768 Old 08-09-2012, 07:36 PM

Vegan - nope!  They didn't put me on any steroids.  My nose loves prednisone it is like a miracle drug for all my sinus issues normally.  I had the intralipids on Tues so maybe that helped, who knows.  I just feel better when I feel something even though that "something" usually sucks.  We did have ice cream tonight and that just seemed really too sweet for me and my first pregnancy I was the same way.  Not interested in sweet things but like salty.

After 5 failed IUI's & 6 failed IVF's we threw in the towel w/ ART and then got a NATURAL miracle BFP! Hoping and praying it is finally our take home baby!  Mother to our twins boys in heaven -lost at 22.5wks on 6/20/09 and 1 other little angel in heaven.

#1265 of 2768 Old 08-10-2012, 05:58 AM - Thread Starter

So exciting can't wait for the   u/s results the little bean will be in my thoughts all day. Hopefully you'll see a little heartbeat flickering away. FWIW I didn't get any symptoms until 6 weeks or so but I hope you feel yucky today. And I'm sorry to tell you the worry doesn't end after the 8 months you just find new things to worry about.

Mommy to our Twin Miracles babygirl.gifbabyboy.gif born on 29/1/12

#1266 of 2768 Old 08-10-2012, 09:42 AM

Keria - Thanks!!!  The problem is that I had full symptoms and now they are gone which kinda bothers me.  Fingers crossed though and praying all is well.  U/S is at 1:40pm, but i'm sure it will probably be more like 2ish instead b/c it seems they always run late.  We have "bird camp" tonight w/ Abby, but I'll try to pop on to at least let you all know.  I know I'm not really an "IVF" grad exactly, but I hope you all don't mind my updates over here.  Not sure where I will fit in to begin w/, but not exactly comfortable anywhere right now I guess until I know more.

#1267 of 2768 Old 08-10-2012, 10:16 AM

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

blue - you're always welcome with us!!  I think after so many IVF's you are still considered an IVF grad in my book  :-)  Not that it matters, you're welcome regardless!!

My u/s went great on Tuesday, the tech managed to fly over the genitals and not slip up and tell us, so we are still blissfully unaware of what we are having!  YEAH!  But man I've been feeling uncomfortable.  I think it's round ligament pain, but I don't remember it hurting like this with my DD.  It gets worse when I get home, after being up and about all day and then picking up my 2 year old.  Ugh.  Other than that I'm feeling pretty good these days!  Although I thought I caught a case of some kind of poison something when I was working on the yard at our rental home in July, but after a while it randomly spread (and not like poison things do, but I'm not typically allergic to them).  One spot on my leg has managed to bruise from my itching!  I have my next OB appt on Tuesday, so I'm going to have her take a look. 

On a totally different note... work is killing me.  I didn't fill an open position in my staff from someone who retired in April, and I had one person on loan.  Then 2 other people who didn't report to me left, but I had to do their work because my boss is brand new and was clueless.  So finally he hired 2 people, one starts on Monday and one started on 8/1, but the one that started on 8/1 was one of my reps, so now I'm short another person.  Then on Tuesday right before I left for my u/s another rep resigned, and then on Wednesday another one got called up to active duty!  I'm down to 1 1/2 reps when I typically need about 5 1/2.  Talk about stressful.  My new boss is real good about trying to work through this the best we can, but HIS boss (our VP whom I've worked with for years) is NOT.  He seems to think I can carry the weight of the world on my shoulders, and I told my boss yesterday that I can't; that I can only carry 1/2 of it.  I'm trying not to be too stressed, and somehow I'm doing an OK job at it.  I think because I'm just at that point where I'm realizing that I can't change it, and people have to understand just how short staffed we are.  I take 3 open positions to HR for approval in a week and 1/2 and I'm praying they approve all 3.  But then I still have to interview, hire, train, etc.  UGH.  Why couldn't this have happened when I'm not pregnant?! 

Me: 34, DH: 36, DD born 7/25/10 After 4 years of trying and failed IVF treatments (missing my angels).  IVF/ICSI worked this time! DS born 1/8/13!

www.3hearts2hold1love-emms.blogspot.com

#1268 of 2768 Old 08-10-2012, 01:43 PM

Hope -  Wow, your work does sound crazy right now.  I sure hope it starts to calm down a bit for you so you don't have so much stress.  Glad to hear the u/s went well.

AFM - Well, the u/s went okay.  I guess they are saying that I'm only like 4 1/2 weeks and I'm not almost 6 weeks which from my last period that is where it would put me. They saw the gestational sac and the yolk sac, but they said it is too early to see the fetal pole or a heat beat yet.  I have to go back on the 27th which is the day after we get back from London.  I'll probably be half asleep for it, but that is okay.  My OB also got the report and just called me which I thought was very sweet.  She said that if the high risk Dr was comfortable w/ me flying over seas then he must have felt that it looked pretty good.  She said if i start having any bleeding before I leave to call her right away.  I also asked her about the high hcg levels of 1300 and 2771 and she said that they are in the normal range and nothing to be concerned about.  So over all I feel better about the whole thing and know I just have to take one day at a time and it's out of my hands if this little bean will end up strong and healthy.  

#1269 of 2768 Old 08-10-2012, 04:17 PM - Thread Starter

Sounds like good news to me.I think it's normal to just see  yolk sac in the beginning of the 5th week. My re doesn't do u/s before 6.5 weeks to make sure he sees a hb. Have a fun trip. Is it for work or vacation?

#1270 of 2768 Old 08-10-2012, 08:21 PM

Keria - Thanks!  With the date of my last period, this Sunday I should have been 6 wks so that is why the high risk Dr did the u/s now.  Maybe I Ovulated late or something, I'm hoping.  DH is going over the week before me for work and then I'm flying over for fun to meet up w/ him and we will stay w/ and see my Brother who lives over there.  We figured since DH's work will pay for his ticket this is the time to do it b/c we'd just have to buy one ticket and since we were done w/ ART and didn't have anything holding us back like we have in the past 6 yrs, we jumped on it.  Go figure!!!! LOL

PS - I forgot to mention that the high risk Dr was kinda freaked out about the intralipids like i was putting something toxic in my body that has no evidence, so it kinda scared both DH and I.  Good grief!!

#1271 of 2768 Old 08-11-2012, 02:24 AM

Blue, I'm so happy that things went well at the US. I think you probably ovulated late. With the HCG growing, I'm sure everything is going well. Big hugs and just wanted to let you know I was thinking of you!!

Hope, I hope things slow down for you soon!!! This is so unfair that you have so much you have to deal with at work. They should be more understanding.

Tear, i hope you feel better soon (Without going into the worry about whether the baby is ok! He/she is!) I'm so excited for the babies we're going to "meet" soon :oD

Ok, off to pump. Argh, I was bad and didn't sleep when the babies slept so now I'm tired. Oh well, i'll take a nap when DH wakes up :o)

Big hugs to everyone. I am thinking of all of you, even though i'm MIA.

Attempted induction at 38 weeks; ended up with a c-section.

In love with my baby boy Colin and baby girl Sienna!

love.gif

#1272 of 2768 Old 08-11-2012, 12:25 PM

Renavoo - thanks!!!!

AFM - Well, my favorite nurse at my RE's office sent me an email this morning and said that she reviewed my U/S w/ my RE (even thought he isn't really my Dr right now but has been so great at following us w/ this) and he really wants me to have another u/s this coming week before I would head over seas.  Not sure if it will make any difference w/ flying and what-not.  So now on Monday I have to call and try to schedule another u/s hopefully for Thurs. That is the scoop here.

#1273 of 2768 Old 08-11-2012, 02:35 PM

Blue:  Still thinking of you everyday and praying that your little bean is a fighter!

Hope:  I hope that things slow down for you.  Glad that you stuck up for yourself and told them you could not shoulder everything alone.

Renavoo:  Get some rest!  And kiss those sweet babies!

AFM:  Doing ok.  Will be 25 weeks on Monday.  Still not out at work, but can't hide it much longer.  I feel HUGE!  We are having a lot of trouble coming up with names that we both agree on.  I would love some imput from all of you.  I am considering Ella as a middle name after DH's grandmother, but that is not set in stone.  He really like Kaitlyn...but that is so popular.  I like the name, but I kind of wanted something a little less popular.  Help!!!!

Finally...pos.gif!  Can't wait to meet the new member of our family.joy.gif

***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32*heartbeat.gif*36***40

#1274 of 2768 Old 08-11-2012, 02:37 PM - Thread Starter

Blue, I think you'll be able to fly with no problem, I'm sure your RE just wants to make sure everything is progressing well.

#1275 of 2768 Old 08-12-2012, 12:57 AM

ok, I'm finally back in real internet access and can reply, but I'm hopelessly behind, so I'm just going to reply to blue and hope you'll all forgive me. loveeyes.gif

blue, I think it's totally possible you o'd late, since you weren't really trying and paying attention to your cycle, right? My hcg levels were in that range around 4-5 weeks. I'm really glad that your RE is going to give you another u/s, because waiting for weeks is agony. I hear you on the loss of symptoms worry. I have to wait two and a half more weeks for my next u/s, and I'm trying so hard not to worry. My morning sickness is better than before, which freaks me out. I was really sick until 13-14 weeks last time, but I was also injecting hormones into my body. I have other symptoms, including stretching uterus feelings from time to time, so I'm trying to focus on that. The past week I felt MISerable in Mallorca because it was 90-100 degrees and humid, often still at night, and there was no air conditioning. Heat intolerance was a big thing for me last time, too. Anyway, I would appreciate another ultrasound right now, but since I can't have that I have to just try to think positive and wait. At least we're back in Germany now where it's cool and comfortable. smile.gif I forgot to answer your earlier question, though, which is that my husband is German and his whole family is here, so that's why we visit. It's becoming more like once a year as fares go up, but we'll see. Anyway, back to you: I think my point was that it's really stressful when symptoms go away, but I do think they come and go, and slowly change. I'm very glad you have an u/s coming up, and I hope you see awesome news. I'll be following and rooting for you! love.gif

ok...gotta go but I'll be more connected now. grouphug.gif

love.giflove.gif Keep growing healthy and strong, beautiful little fighter babies!!!

Remembering our 3 losses

#1276 of 2768 Old 08-12-2012, 04:35 AM

Praying - I love the name Ella and think it's really cute as a middle name. Does DH want KAitlyn to be the first name or the middle name? I guess I'm confused. Names are hard and Im thankfully my DH isn't really opinionated on things like that. Or wasn't when we were picking our boys names. Good luck!! Love to hear what other first names u are thinking about to go w Ella! I still can't believe u haven't come out about the pregnancy. How the heck do you hid it???

Keria - yeah I think even if this next u/s comes back neg they will still let me go but then at least I know to be prepared just in case while over seas. Fingers crossed! Hope you n the babes r doing good.

Tear- thanks so much for the info. Sorry to hear your symptoms are light right now but it still sounds like you have a few. I keep reminding myself that this cycle is totally different bc it's natural which is so foreign to us that this might alll be normal and how my body reacts w/o all the extra hormones and what not. Still feel like I need more symptoms though. Lol
I also wanted to ask you if when you flew if you went thru the x-ray scanner at the airport or if they let you do someting different? I really don't want to do that of I can get out of it even though I'm sure they say it doesn't hurt anything but still. Wonder if I need a drs order sayInf I'm pregnant or anything?? Maybe I'll put a post up n see what others say in case you don't get back on the computer soon. How much longer are you there? Hope you have a great trip!!!! Also did you try to get up and walk alot on the plane?? I hate to ever get up on a plane to begin w/. I just stay put w my book or magazine n don't normally move. Thanks again.

#1277 of 2768 Old 08-12-2012, 04:52 AM

blue, I just declined the xray scanner and they gave me a very thorough pat-down instead. You don't need to give any explanation. I didn't think about getting up and moving on the plane. I guess my bladder maybe took care of that. orngtongue.gif

Remembering our 3 losses

#1278 of 2768 Old 08-12-2012, 07:26 AM

Tear - thanks for sharing!!!  I guess from what I hear that you get more radiation from the plane than you do the x-ray machine.  I know my dentist has told me in the past that there is more radiation coming from our tvs than his dental x-ray machine.  So i guess it is everywhere!!

#1279 of 2768 Old 08-13-2012, 07:11 PM

Quick update:  I'm now scheduled for my next U/S this Thurs at 9:20am and then i have to go into work late.  I'll try to keep you all posted after, but I might not be able to until lunch time or after work.  After seeing the last u/s my RE said that he wanted one more u/s before I'd fly over-seas just to be safe (not that it will change anything w/ flying, but will at least make me more aware).  With our first IVF m/c the 2nd u/s, a wk later than the first, the yolk sac disappeared and the gestational sac was continuing to grow, so i wonder if he is just playing it safe even though i'm technically not really his patient, but i sure appreciate him looking out for me like this. Such a great guy!!!

How is everyone else doing????

#1280 of 2768 Old 08-14-2012, 09:53 AM

Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)

blue - your RE sounds like a fantastic dr!  I can't wait to hear how little one is doing.

AFM - Here's a snapshot from this past weekend.  They're getting so big.

Me: 33 PCOS Him: 33 vericocele
13 long years of TTC using various methods before the twins finally came - Too much history to list
IVF #1 11 weeks
IVF #2 Liam and Maisie (now 2 years old)
IVF #3 BFN and no frosties
IVF #4 BFP!!!! Twins again!

#1281 of 2768 Old 08-14-2012, 04:02 PM

blue- hey more reasurance the better! I have my second ultrasound on thursday too! Hope we both have good news to share! Can't wait to hear yours!

Kewpie- so so cute, love Liam's outfit so handsome haha. And they are getting so big!

Married to DH ,forever missing (02/08)@ 8wks.,08/10)@ 8wks.,and(26/01/12)chemical pregnancy.Hopeing, praying and wishing for my first baby to be born healthy!

#1282 of 2768 Old 08-15-2012, 06:01 AM - Thread Starter

I sit thursday yet? lol Hope you two have wonderful news to share tomorrow.

Kewpie they are adorable I have baldies too I wonder when their hair is going to come in.

#1283 of 2768 Old 08-15-2012, 09:30 AM

I know, I woke up and got excited for Blue and Deportivo and then realized it's still Wed. LOL. Hoping for fabulous news for both of you guys tomorrow!!

Nothing really exciting going on over here. I'm getting a 90 minute prenatal massage tonight. It was DH's birthday gift to me. I am sooooo looking forward to it. My hips have been so achey and my sciatica was so bad last night. 

Cindy

Mama to my veggie girl hearts.gif(1/09) and my sweet rainbow baby rainbow1284.gif (9/12). 

#1284 of 2768 Old 08-15-2012, 01:27 PM

Good luck tomorrow blue and deportivo!

Remembering our 3 losses

#1285 of 2768 Old 08-15-2012, 07:26 PM

Kewpie - your little ones are so adorable!!!  I love her little dress and his little tie!!! What were they all dressed up for?  Too cute!! Give them each a kiss on the head from me!!

Deport - How fun that we both have u/s's on the same day!  I'll be thinking of you and praying all goes well!!! What time is your u/s?

Vegan - enjoy your massage!!!  I know when i was pregnant my hips killed and i could only sleep in bed so long at night.  Have you ever tried chiropractics?  I know there are some that will work on pregnant women too and that helps, i think.  I really need an adjustment now but have too much work and no time plus i fly out of Sat so not until i get home i guess.  Bummer!!

Keria- thanks!!!  Hope your doing good.

Belly - how are you?  I'm sure you are going crazy w/ the new little ones but know i'm thinking of you and praying that your adjustment is going smooth.  Haven't seen your name for awhile so I was just a little worried about you.

Tear - Thanks girl!!!  You home yet or still across the Pond??????  When does the "S" word start?  I know you got out late so maybe you go back later than everyone else too. 

AFM - U/S at 9:20 am and I'm trying to brace myself for either good or bad news.  Yesterday I felt much more pregnant than i do today.  I hate to complain b/c it is nice not to have symptoms but gosh I would rather feel something so I knew good things were going on in there!!!!  Can't win!!!  LOL

#1286 of 2768 Old 08-15-2012, 09:01 PM

Kewpie: I totally forgot to post that your little ones are so precious!!! :-)

Blue: I got a lot of chiro adjustments when I was pregnant last time. It really helped a lot. But it would always slip back out of place a few days later, thanks to the relaxin. I had dif insurance then and it was mostly covered (plus I was employed and didn't worry so much about money then!). I got the name of a good chiro for pregnant women and someone even gave me a coupon for 1/2 off the initial consult. But I am trying to hold out until I really need it since it's 100% out of pocket now. And yeah - the hips - i find myself staying up kinda late bc I know I only get so much time in bed before becoming really uncomfortable. 

The massage was amazing!!! One of the best I've ever had and definitely the best prenatal (I had a few last preg). :-)

Sending up lots of prayers tonight for good news for Blue and Deportivo tomorrow!!

Cindy

#1287 of 2768 Old 08-16-2012, 01:00 AM

gah, blue I'm still in Germany so even though it's after 9:20 here I still have to wait at least 6 hours to hear how you're doing! I have my fingers crossed for your little bean! love.gif

Remembering our 3 losses

#1288 of 2768 Old 08-16-2012, 05:16 AM

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Blue and Deport - can't wait to hear the good news from your u/s today!!

Vegan - so jealous... I really need to get a massage :-)

Me: 34, DH: 36, DD born 7/25/10 After 4 years of trying and failed IVF treatments (missing my angels).  IVF/ICSI worked this time! DS born 1/8/13!

www.3hearts2hold1love-emms.blogspot.com

#1289 of 2768 Old 08-16-2012, 07:48 AM

Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)

blue and deport - I'm dying here!

Blue (again) - They were dressed up for my niece's baptism.

Me: 33 PCOS Him: 33 vericocele
13 long years of TTC using various methods before the twins finally came - Too much history to list
IVF #1 11 weeks
IVF #2 Liam and Maisie (now 2 years old)
IVF #3 BFN and no frosties
IVF #4 BFP!!!! Twins again!

#1290 of 2768 Old 08-16-2012, 10:00 AM

Blue, thinking of you and hoping you're off celebrating! hug2.gif

Remembering our 3 losses

Tags
Pregnancy

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page