IVF Graduates thread!! - Page 73 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 39Likes

Old 05-02-2013, 10:37 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi Everyone!! I just loved reading these updates! By the way Sourire, reading posts is one of the many ways I have been passing time while waiting- TOMORROW is my heartbeat ultrasound and I CANNOT WAIT!! Congratulations to you and just throw yourself into work when you can,...the posts when you can't, and pregnancy sites as needed...I think I subscribed to 3 parenting/baby magazines in the last week!! Blue, your lil one is soooo precious! I'm so happy for you- what an amazing journey you've just begun with him! And, Kewpie, your twins are absolutely beautiful and I bet they are just going to love to go exploring in that garden!! Lilac,I too am suffering with being exhausted, and the evenings that I don't fall asleep by 8 because of teens,work, or hubby, I am wiped out the next day- it's really crazy for me because I was always one of those people that only needed 5 or 6 hours- NOT anymore! Auraleigh, thrilled to read that you are feeling better and headed to the end of this rainbow! It must be so surreal!! GuppyLuv, I suffer with awful migraines and being that I'm pregnant I can't take any of my meds- here is what works for me- the moment I feel one coming on I take 2 tylenol with water and then I take tiny sips of coca cola every few minutes for the next 45 mins- it's saved me so far, and it worked my entire pregnancy with my son. I hope this works for you too! To everybody- I hope you are feeling well, living life, absorbing all the good, ignoring the nonsense, and sending lots of happy vibes to your baby/ies!!! I am trying my best to do the same and am SUPER PSYCHED for ultrasound tomorrow!!! My honey is recording it so I can replay, and replay, and replay luxlove.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-04-2013, 10:56 AM

Skipping personals, sorry.

I had an OB-Gyn appt yesterday. I am having my baby in a week. (Because the Cholestasis at least doubles the risk of stillbirth after 37 weeks, the standard of care is that the baby comes out before then.) I am torn between excitement and terror. As of right now, the baby is breech. He has been breech since 30 or so weeks quite consistently. I am trying those spinning babies exercises and am scheduled for an external verson (sp?) on Wednesday morning. If that does work, we start induction Saturday afternoon; if it does not work, they will schedule a c-section for Saturday or Sunday. Either way, he is coming out.

This is going to be a crazy week. I have a small quasi-shower with a few friends today, my husband leaves on a business trip tomorrow and gets back Wednesday, my grandmother's 85th birthday is Thursday (with large family dinner), my sister's birthday is Friday (with smaller family dinner), and I am having a baby Saturday or Sunday. That list doesn't include the various medical appointments and blood draws that I have scheduled or any of the minor things that must be done before the baby comes and are not yet completed. What have I gotten myself into?

Mom to William 5/2013! Finally have a kid after our second IVF and more than 5 years of TTC.
Old 05-04-2013, 11:19 AM

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Laurabelle, I hope your little one gets himself flipped head down and that your busy last week as a mommy to be goes well.

Crafty Geeky lady (37, hypothyroid) married 7/2010 love of my life (42, azoospermia). I believe in MIRACLES! Twin boys born 12/21/13 at 40 weeks 2 days! 3/52 crafts in 2014 Ramsey's BS1: Done! 2/17/12 BS 2 goal: 6/7/17 no sperm initial DX 3/23/12 BFP 4/7/13!
Old 05-04-2013, 02:03 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Finally turning the cold corner. Can breathe again. Yay. three more weeks of term and I've been slammed at work (between naps and many meals!!) so I have been offline lest I waste too much time wink1.gif My recent nausea and headaches seem to be directly linked to protein intake - little warning Signs I need to eat more. Sigh. I feel like all I'm doing is eating (for a good cause of course!) I continue my middle earth habits. Though ive found Greek yogurt and peanut butter blended with banana, kale and chocolate protein to be a good substitute for scrambled eggs (as grody as it might sound - or sounds to my 4 yr old nephew who calls it aptly poop juice!) thank goodness for the blender!

Sooooooo love all the happiness going on here smile.gif and Love all the baby Picts

Suzie - black sabbath!? Wow. I'm not sure my head could handle that not preggers smile.gif but have a great time!!

Beautiful day here. Off to the grocery store to get more fuel for my parasites wink1.gif

SMC (40)  TTC w/ donor swimmers since 2009, hypothyroid...  IVF#1 m/c trisomy 16 (10/19/12) 

IVF#2: BFP 2/11/13 This one really stuck. 

Mom to H, L, & G, triplets born 35+1 and growing like weeds! joy.gif

Old 05-04-2013, 06:25 PM

lilac - congrats on your twins! How exciting! The allergies sound awful though.

rcr - hurray for being done with the RE! That's great news.

bucketofrain - thank you! I'm doing the glucose test Monday morning and hope all goes well.
I hope you're feeling better.

teresaresa - Thank you! So good to see your name pop up! I'm thinking lots of good thoughts for you for your FET. I'm going to be stalking you over at the IVF thread and waiting for you to come join us here as a pregnant lady.

Sourire - I'm so excited for you!! Congrats!

guppy - so sorry you're feeling so awful. Glad it's starting to get better though.

auraleigh - feeling much more comfy this week, thankfully!
So exciting that you're so close! I'm glad everything was fine with your little guy when the dr checked it out.

blueyezz - glad to hear things are going well! Caden is so cute!

Cait - so nice to see your name too. Lots of good thoughts for your FET!

Kewpie - Such cute pictures of your little ones! Thanks for stopping in for an update.

laura-belle - I'm sorry you're going through anything but excitement right now. I hope all those things to do help keep you distracted. I'm sending lots of good thoughts to you and am hoping your babe flips over.

AFM - Not much going on here besides feeling a lot more movement. I'm 25 weeks now and an excited that we're in May so I can finally say "only 3 months to go". I co-run a very small business with a friend of mine and we opened up a new booth. We technically opened last weekend, but our official opening was today, so I've been keeping busy with that. It's a lot of fun so far! The only issue is that everyone keeps yelling at me to take it easy and not lift heavy-ish things because I'm pregnant. I can't sit down all the time! Also keeping busy caring for my parents. My mom is in chemo until July, but she has been doing much better than we had thought she would be, thankfully. She's even been coming out with me to the booth when she's up for it. My dad finally saw his doctor because he's been having some neurological issues and we finally have an MRI scheduled and a meeting with a neurologist. DH has been busy watching hockey every minute he's not at work (oh, play-off season), but I'm hoping to get him to come out with me to buy a few baby things, like a crib! I can't wait until I can feel this baby from the outside. Do you ladies who are further along remember when that happened for you?

Nikki crochetsmilie.gif, partner to Jeremy guitar.gif. Baby Joshua Nolan is finally here after a many year struggle with infertility. I blog at www.loliecraft.blogspot.com. dog2.gifcat.gifhamster.jpghamster.jpg

Old 05-05-2013, 04:43 AM

Wow, it seems like I just join this group and now I am past 28 weeks and into the third trimester.  Time really flies sometimes.  Trying to work out travel plans for the grandparents to come in for the birth and support.  DH's parents are supposed to come in and help for several months, but we will not be able to get them a visa till just before the baby is due since we have to wait till we renew our visas, which come up just a few weeks before the little one is supposed to arrive.  The complications of living abroad, sigh...Thankfully they are retired and are pretty flexible about travel dates, so at least that part is easy.  It looks like they may have to come several weeks after the baby is due to allow time for the visa process to work itself out.  My mom is planning on coming for the birth and doesn't need a visa, so as long as everything goes according to plan she will be here to take care of DD during the birthing.  Hopefully the little one won't come early since DD hasn't seen her in over a year and it would be good if they have a few days together before hand to get reacquainted.  

Laura-sounds like a crazy week.  Amazing you will be holding your little one so soon.  I will keep my fingers crossed that the babe turns head down for you and that one way or the other everything goes smoothly for you.

Aura-I hope you are surviving the bed rest okay.  Not long before you will be holding your little ones as well.  There are so many new little people joining our group.

shesaidboom-Glad to hear things are going well for your mom.  I am a few weeks ahead of you and can definitely feel lots of movement from inside and out now.  Seems like it has been that way for several weeks now.  Getting DH to feel it is another story since it is a timing thing and the baby does not often cooperate with DH's timing.  Not that we have lots of time to sit around quietly together with an active 2 year old running around.  Last time I think he felt the baby much more than this time.  Now my 2 year old feels it all the time, but then we spend all day together and the baby gets real active when we are sitting and reading stories or DD is nursing.

guppyluv-glad you are able to pinpoint the source of some of your discomfort.  I feel like I have to eat a ton and I only have one, so I can't even image.

Welcome to our new members.

Happyhopeful-I hope the ultrasound went really well.

Me (40) + DH (42) + DD (Jan 2011) +  babyboy.gif (due July 2013)

Old 05-05-2013, 09:18 AM

laura, so exciting!!! a friend of mine used accupuncture and a chiro to get her baby to flip and it worked! i wish you luck! 

Making babies! Twins due June 10, 2013. joy.gif
Old 05-05-2013, 03:40 PM

Shesaidboom.. glad your mum is coping so well with the chemo!  It can be so debilitating so if she has the energy to get out and do things, that's awesome!

Guppy... your poo juice sounds amazing!!  and a bit wrong, but I want some :)  And yeah, Black Sabbath isn't really my normal choice either, but DH loves them, and I love him, so.... I'm more of a punk rock kind of girl myself.  My DS (while in the womb) went to so many punk gigs and now he's into exactly the same music as me, so this may be a metal baby this time LOL

Laura... best of luck with the baby spinning.  Given how much you have crammed into this week, I'm so impressed with your stamina!! 

I had some red spotting on Friday (just after my birthday dinner!) and ended up spending 7 hours in the emergency room to get an anti-D shot because I'm rhesus negative.  Luckily, they also did a scan and baby is perfectly fine and no spotting or anything since.  Still, scared the absolute crap out of me at the time!  Having an appointment with my fantastic midwife tomorrow anyway, so she will try to figure out what happened, but general consensus is that sometimes it just does... so reassuring (not) lol!

I'm 39 and I have a lovely husband who is substantially younger, a unique 14 year old son from my first attempt at marriage.  I am a music snob and i have no fashion sense at all.  IVF Jan 2013 BFP joy.gif

11 Oct 2013 welcomed baby Beth energy.gif (the wonder baby)

Old 05-08-2013, 09:42 PM

suzie, sorry to hear about the spotting, blood is always scary! glad to hear everything is okay though.  

vireoes, i can't believe you're already in the third trimester!  how exciting that your parents will be coming to visit in time for the birth.  how long will they stay?

shesaid, glad to hear your mom is doing well with the chemo! it's a long process, but a positive attitude truly helps.  dh's grandmother just beat pancreatic cancer at 82 years old, so it goes to show there is always hope.  as far as feeling the baby from the outside, it took a LONG time until my dh felt the babies kick.  I'd feel them, but as soon as I got his attention they'd go still.  probably at least late 20s, early 30 weeks?  i have two anterior placentas though, so that may have blocked some of the external feelings. i'm at 35 now and he can easily feel them, although they're so squished in there so it's more pushes and stretches as opposed to kicks and rolls. 

afm, i can't believe i've made it to 35 and a half weeks after my preterm labor scare at 32 weeks.  bed rest has been fine in general, i don't mind watching tv and napping, however the discomfort of having two babies in there is starting to take its toll.  i had an ob appt today and almost cried when he told me that my cervix is holding steady at the same 2cm dilated that it was three weeks ago.  i truly should be celebrating, but i'm so crampy and cranky!  i think part of me was hoping to have the babies asap so i could feel a little relief.  i really want my body back... even just the freedom of walking to the bathroom without it feeling like i'm climbing mt everest.  in any case, everything is fine as far as the babies go (no protein in urine, low bp, both babies are now head down).  i have an ob appt next wednesday, a growth scan on thursday, and my final nst next friday.  at the growth scan, given the babies are still head down, we are going to schedule my induction for either the 20th or 21st. the ob thinks that a little pitocin will be all it takes to get me going.  i now am crossing off the days on my calendar just to give me an end date.  i'm about to have two babies in about 12 days or less!!

hope everyone else is doing well!  

Old 05-09-2013, 11:00 AM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Aura, I'm so glad the babies are doing well. I know what you mean about wanting your body back, and I only had one in there! I'm excited to "meet" your little ones soon! love.gif

Our little miracles are here!!joy.gif
energy.gif DD Born 7/15/11 biggrinbounce.gif DS Born 4/3/13
love.giflove.gif Keep growing healthy and strong, beautiful little fighter babies!!!

Auntie to Nell, Greta, Maggie, and Elsa!

Remembering our 3 losses

Old 05-09-2013, 02:42 PM

Suzie - how are things going since the spotting!?! Hoping all is ok!!

Aura - good luck and keep us posted smile.gif so exciting!!!

AFM. Last two weeks of school. Things are windIn down (sort of!). Regardless all looks really good with the trio! I hemmed on finding out sex but cave in the end. So BBG it is!! I was getting a little nervous when A & B came back boy... Three boys would have been crazy!! Regardless I would have been happy. But super psyched there will be a little (hot!) pink in the mix! I'm feeling pretty darn good this week. Hoping that lasts a few weeks!

SMC (40)  TTC w/ donor swimmers since 2009, hypothyroid...  IVF#1 m/c trisomy 16 (10/19/12) 

Old 05-09-2013, 06:55 PM

Hi all :)  Had the 3D scan and here he/she is (we're thinking it's a he, mum swears she saw a penis in some of the photos... LOL)   No more spotting, but having the scan done yesterday couldn't have come at a better time for peace of mind!  Apart from insomnia, I have nothing to complain about, and really, if I wasn't getting the housework done in the middle of the night, my house would look like a burglary gone wrong :)

I've put a nice scan pic, as well as a so-called "penis shot".. please feel free to tell me if you think my mum has penises on the brain HAHAHA! 

Guppy... OMG 2 boys and a girl sounds amazing!!  Glad you're feeling so much better, altho with such awesome news, you should be :)  Really excited for you!!  joy.gif

Aura... 12 days or less?  gulp!!  I know it probably isn't the case for you, but wow the last couple of months have flown by!!  So happy for you thumbsup.gif

Hope everyone else is well and happy :) x

Intel(R) JPEG Library, version [2.0.16.48]

Intel(R) JPEG Library, version [2.0.16.48]

I'm 39 and I have a lovely husband who is substantially younger, a unique 14 year old son from my first attempt at marriage.  I am a music snob and i have no fashion sense at all.  IVF Jan 2013 BFP joy.gif

11 Oct 2013 welcomed baby Beth energy.gif (the wonder baby)

Old 05-11-2013, 05:15 AM

RCr: how did your camping trip go? We are going in a few weeks and I am worried about middle of the night bathroom runs...yay for a trip to South Africa, how exciting and so great for your son:) hope you are enjoying being "off"

Kewpie: what beautiful babies:)

Laurabelle: thinking of you!

She said: glad to hear that your mom is doing better than expected, how did your glucose test go? Mine is Wednesday...

Vireos: I know, time I'd flying lately. The first tri seemed so slow as I just worried, worried worried but now it seems our babies will be here so soon:) I still almost can't even believe that I get to say that! My dh hasn't felt movement yet as he is really not the type to sit and wait for it, but we are starting to be able to see movement from the outside which is crazy, I don't really remember that from my daughter. I hope you were able to figure out everyone's travel plans. W are having a hard time with it and my parents are only 3 hours away so I can only imagine that dealing with actual travel plans is very difficult.

Susie: how scary, glad that everything is fine but red spotting would certainly freak me out as well, that 3d scan is pretty amazing!!

Aura: how are you, 35 week is great, so close:)

Guppy: yay, 2 boys and a girl...what a great mix that will be:) good luck wrapping up school, I teach as well but we have until the end of June so a few more weeks to go

I'm feeling good these days, 28 weeks today! Baby's heart valve leak appears to have corrected itself, yay! We go back in two weeks for another fetal echo but things are looking good, phew!! Glucose testing this week but not much else going on, which is not a bad thing...we have not starting doing anything to get ready for this baby but think that we need to get moving a bit, we mostly just need to go through all my daughters stuff in the basement to see what will work for this baby, a boy, and make some lists of what we need to get/do. Our house is teeny so baby will be in our room in a basinnet of sorts until he can sleep through the night and will then be sharing with my daughter so it saves us from the work, and the excitement, of setting up a nursery... I have been feeling very, very blessed to be where i am lately. i was laying down with my DD wrapped in my arms and the baby was kicking like crazy and it was such a great, complete feeling that I was totally overwhelmed. For years since we were trying for our second i felt something was missing and to not feel that longing and loss is just so overwhelming and amazing:) thinking of you all and wishing you well!!
Old 05-11-2013, 12:06 PM

Lilac -- Thank you! He did turn himself before the version; I was thrilled smile.gif.

Guppy -- That actually sounds not bad, although it probably looks gross. Yum. BBG, so exciting!

SheSaid -- Thanks! I hope the stuff with your parents works itself out ok. I think I started feeling the baby from the outside right around the start of the third trimester, so 28 weeks ish. I am on the somewhat heavier side though, so you might feel it a bit earlier.

Vireoes -- Thanks! Hope the visa situation goes as smoothly as possible.

Aura -- Thanks! I tried the spinning babies exercises and they worked! (Or he just decided that it was time to turn over...) I was thrilled. Another week and a bit for you! Do you have everything ready yet?

Suzie -- Thanks! Glad your scary evening turned out to be nothing huge. No fun.

BucketOfRain -- Thanks! Glad that your baby's heart issue seems to have been self-correcting. hug.gif

AFM -- I go in for induction this afternoon. Oh my goodness. What have I gotten myself into? smile.gif I am supposed to call in about 30 minutes for a time slot, but I got an automated appointment reminder for 1:30pm yesterday, so we shall see. Wish me a smooth and speedy labor and delivery!

Mom to William 5/2013! Finally have a kid after our second IVF and more than 5 years of TTC.
Old 05-11-2013, 12:13 PM

Laura-Belle: OMG!!!! So excited for you!!! Happy birthing. I'll be thinking of you. I hope all goes smoothly and you have the birth you want. :-) 

Aura: Wow, where does the time go? I cannot believe you are about to meet those babies!!!

cindy

Mama to my veggie girl hearts.gif(1/09) and my sweet rainbow baby rainbow1284.gif (9/12). 

Old 05-11-2013, 01:41 PM

vireoes - I'm glad time is flying for you! I hope everything with the travel and the visas work out and it's not too much of a pain to deal with.
I'm feeling baby from the outside now, but like your situation DH hasn't managed to feel anything yet. So neat that you 2 year old has felt baby move!

suzie - I'm very glad she's coping well. She's doing so much better than we had expected. She changes medication after her next does so we'll have to see if that one gives the same side effects.
I'm glad everything ended up being fine. I would have been scared too!
Your scan pictures are wonderful. He (I can't tell if there's a penis or not, so maybe she instead) looks so happy and cute in there!

auraleigh - wow, that's great that she beat her cancer! Pancreatic is hard too since they usually don't find it early enough. I'm so glad she's ok.

35 and a half weeks! That's awesome. I'm glad bed rest is going ok. They'll be out so soon and you'll be able to be comfy again, I hope! Sending lots of good thoughts for you.

bucketofrain - haven't done the glucose test yet. Will probably get it done on Tuesday. I'm glad you're feeling good and the leaky heart valve has cleared up! The moment you had with your DD and your baby kicking sounds perfect. I'm so, so glad for you. This infertility stuff is awful, it's so great when it is able to be overcome.

guppy - Glad things are looking good. Two boys and a girl sounds great!

laura-belle - I'm on the bigger side too, so I think it'll take me longer too. There are some in my DDC who have been feeling their little ones from outside for weeks already. I can't wait!
Oh wow!! I am sending lots of good thoughts for a smooth induction and a great birth. So exciting! I can't wait for an update post baby, once you've recovered and settled in.

Nikki crochetsmilie.gif, partner to Jeremy guitar.gif. Baby Joshua Nolan is finally here after a many year struggle with infertility. I blog at www.loliecraft.blogspot.com. dog2.gifcat.gifhamster.jpghamster.jpg

Old 05-11-2013, 09:22 PM

Laura-Thinking of you this weekend, hoping everything goes smoothly.

Guppy-2 boys and girl, how wonderful.  That should be a nice balance.  Three boys while wonderful, would really be a handful for anyone.

Buckets-so glad to hear that the little guys problems seem to be correcting.  That is wonderful news.  It is so wonderful to have that moment with DD and you DS to be.  I really enjoy the cuddling with DD now and it certainly seems to bring out the kicks.  

Suzie-so glad to here that the baby is well.  My tech called mine a boy at 12 weeks and was right.  Did your ultrasound tech have any guesses or just your mom?

Aura-I can't wait to have my body back as well and I only have one in there, so I can only imagine what having two is like.  I remember the last days dragging out forever with DD.  Yeah, less than two weeks to go. :)

AFM-not much new here.  Did glucose testing this week as well.  Mostly just an ongoing party in my belly right now. :)

Me (40) + DH (42) + DD (Jan 2011) +  babyboy.gif (due July 2013)

Old 05-12-2013, 07:15 AM

Happy Mothers Day to all you beautiful mom's and mom's to be!!!!

Loving life with DH, DD-8/98lady.gif, & our miracle twins 12/4/10babyboy.gifbabygirl.gif after 3 IVF's and 3 yrs TTC

Old 05-12-2013, 07:06 PM
rcr

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

Happy mothers day to all!

Laura - good luck!

I have been following along but haven't been posting because I really feel horrible most of the time. DH is only home on the weekends, and I absolutely can't wait for him to get home all week and take over with DS. I have been laying in bed reading every weekend. Today DH made me some more mineral water with a bunch of ginger juice that he squeezed into it (and added honey), and it felt pretty good. I have only vomited once today. I have 6 more progesterone shots, and I  have a midwife appointment next Sat. I can't wait for the appointment. All of the heartbreak on the other thread has made me really nervous. I haven't listened to the HB or seen baby bean in a few weeks.

Mom to DS 12/07 and DD 11/13, plus a bunch of chickens, dogs, and cats.

Moving past many years of infertility and always thinking of my friends in the infertility forums.

Old 05-12-2013, 07:56 PM

vireoes - How did your glucose testing go? Does the drink make you feel funny? I don't know why, but I'm really nervous about doing mine, not even of having GD, just of doing the test itself.

rcr - so sorry you're feeling horrible. You're almost done the first trimester, and hopefully it'll go away with it. I'm glad you're trying to get some rest when DH is around. I'm sure everything will be just fine at your appointment, but I remember how nervous I got too. Getting to 12 weeks was a huge relief. Thankfully you're almost there! Sending lots of good thoughts, both for you feeling better and for your appointment.

AFM - This is the first Mother's Day in many years that I haven't cried, but I'm still thinking of all of the ladies on the infertility boards. It is such a hard thing. I'm having an off day anyway. Not sure why, just not feeling myself. I've been having a lot of cramping (more painful than bad period cramps, but really not that bad), and pressure low in my belly (feels like I have to pee really bad) that is making me a bit nervous. I've been reading up and info is conflicting. One half says "it's normal, don't worry" the other half says "get to the ER!". I'm going to call my OB's office tomorrow unless it gets worse tonight. There isn't a pattern to it, just comes and goes. Anyone experience this?

Old 05-12-2013, 10:01 PM

happy mother's day to all the mothers and soon to be moms!

rcr,  sorry you are feeling so sick.  every since being on bed rest i too count the days until dh is home all weekend to keep me company and pamper me.  i can't even imagine feeling as sick as you do and having to take care of a child on top of it!  you're doing great though, and hopefully the sickness period will pass soon.  

it is heart breaking what's happening in the ivf thread right now, but don't let it get you.  things are cyclical.  and it's terrible the way it stacked up for so many of our fellow ladies.  don't let it freak you out too much, you already made the jump to our side and hopefully are way past the worries.  we just have to soldier on, and eventually good things will happen again.  

shesaid, i always think if you're freaking out it's best to call the dr.  if there are no immediate signs and the pain isn't too terrible, can you wait until morning?  trust your gut though, you know your body best.  i had all sorts of weird pains along the way and it was always either round ligament pains, babies on a nerve or pushing an organ pain, etc.   also, about the GTT, they made me take it twice (once early on, once at 28 weeks) and it really wasn't anything bad.  i thought the drink was going to make me gag, but i tried the fruit punch and the orange, and as long as it was cold i was fine.  the first time i drank it not long after eating, the second time fasting, and the hour went by pretty quickly.  i think i read a book on my phone in the waiting room.  i hope you rock it!

happy mother's day mom!!! hope all is well with you and the kids!  

i am sitting in my living room staring at two giant swings and five bouncers.  the benefit of having kids a few years after most of my friends is that they are either done or waiting a bit before their next, so everyone keeps offering and delivering things.  i have bins and bins of clothes ranging from newborn to 18mo, i have enough activity mats and bouncers and swings to cover ever surface of our house, i have toys ranging from newborn to over a year.... the generosity of others has been insanely overwhelming.  it was nice because i could save my registry for the items i really needed (strollers, car seats, bedding, etc).  plus, it would be a shame to spend a million dollars on all of these items that the babies use for less than six months and then are done with.  some of it i am sharing with a pregnant coworker, and i'll return some to friends and save some for my sister should she choose to have a baby in the next few years.  but i feel really lucky, really prepared, and able to relax knowing that my baby fund wasn't drained prior to their arrival.  i'm a little sad that these will probably be our only babies and i won't get to save any of it for future kids, but i am trying to focus on the babies i've got in me.  the countdown is on!  one week from tomorrow is my induction unless they come sooner.  fingers crossed!

Old 05-13-2013, 01:14 PM

Hope you all had lovely a mother's day and mothers-to-be day :)

I had friends send me flowers -- it was so sweet of them & I got all teary eyed thinking about by little ones... 

rcr - hang in there! You're getting so close to second tri! I found my second wind around 14 weeks and have had a few great weeks since I got over my cold. I hope you find yours earlier and the nausea flies the coop! I walked half the city this weekend with friends and aside from tired feet, felt awesome (~17 weeks), so your time will come, too!!! 

Aura - Quite the loot!! My friends kids are SOOOO much older -- so I'm trolling multiples boards to find second hand stuff... I agree paying for swings/bouncers that will only be used a few months is CRAZY (especially in twos and threes!) Which reminds me a friend of a friend has 1 yr old twn boys... might have to email them and ask what's for resale!! 

Shesaid - uh oh... DH is a Toronto fan? Sorry, but I'll be rooting for the Bruins tonight :) I wish I could've gone to the game, but sitting in those seats for that long... ugh, too much.  I'm better watching at home on the couch!!  Glad to hear your mom is doing OK with all the treatment -- I hope the rest of treatment goes well!! Same for your Dad -- hope they can sort things out.  It's nice that you can be there with them through all of this, I know it can't be easy.  But your new business venture sounds very exciting!  I'm sure it's a crazy time to be gearing up but glad you are able to keep busy :) Sitting around waiting makes me crazy! 

Suzie -- WAY cool 3D U/S picts.  Glad all is well...

Penis was VERY clear on one of my boys -- butt end shot two legs and BOOM in between there it was. No mistaking :)  The other one I was pretty sure was a boy from an earlier u/s but it wasn't as clear this time (to me) but the tech was confident it was a boy.  I'm just hoping my girl doesn't end up actually being a boy -- I kind of like the mix...

I'm hoping at next appointment for some 3D face shots... but I don't love the u/s tech so much on the days I'm in--she's all business and no fun--so we'll see. My appointment after next is on a different day with a different tech -- so maybe at that appointment instead.  

One more week of classes, then two of exams, and then SUMMER!!!!!! I'm done teaching until at least Feb, hopefully March -- but still have to keep up my research through out this all (thank goodness for good grad students).  

Hope you all have a great week and good spring weather where ever you are (or if you're down south of the equator, then good fall weather??). 

Old 05-13-2013, 09:17 PM

auraleigh - thank you! My OB didn't seem worried so I'm sure all is well. I will just call back if it changes or gets worse.
That's wonderful that friends were able to share with you and you have almost everything you need. So much easier than having to buy everything. I hope you do get those special items on your registry. The babies are so close now!

guppyluv - haha, yes he is. He was not happy tonight when they lost. We couldn't go to the game because tickets in the terrible standing section started at $300 each. Eek! Ticket prices in this city are awful. I prefer watching from the couch too though. Thank you! I'm glad I've been able to be here for my parents and keep busy.
Face shots would be wonderful! I'm hoping for a new tech who will take fun pictures for you. I hope your last week of school is great and then you have a nice relaxing summer.

AFM - baby has been moving around very low in my belly today and it feels like someone has kicked me in the crotch. So sore. Now I know I was definitely lucky in being comfy for so long. It's not too bad though. I'm still keeping busy. I went out with a friend today to a couple antique malls and we had a great time. Tomorrow I'm going with my mom to a "feel good" workshop put on for chemo patients. A lot of women bring their daughters too, so she asked me to come along. I've been feeling the baby move so much, which was been really neat. It definitely feels more real to me now even though I still can't believe this is happening.

Old 05-14-2013, 12:10 AM

Shesaid- was a serious come from behind moment for the Bruins tonight. So much for my blood pressure. Totally couldn't even fathom the ticket $$$ - it was insane! I could buy 3 car seats for the price of one tix! I'm looking forward to feeling the babes move but not for being kicked in the ribs / pelvis / etc smile.gif guess we take the good and take the bad...

Anyway I'm up way too late. Can't sleep... Must.get.offline...

Old 05-14-2013, 07:19 AM
rcr

Hi all:

I felt pretty good yesterday, and so far so good this morning too. I got some ginger candies, and DH made me some ginger in mineral water, so I think that has helped.

Guppy - are you a professor? I like the BBG mix too. I hope the girl stays a girl :)

Aura - AAH! less than a week! I bet you are so excited! Does DH get to take time off after the birth? Yes, it is heartbreaking on the other thread. I will feel much better on Sat after my appointment (hopefully she can hear the HB). What really got me worried was laggie - she and I were cycle buddies and had out transfers and betas on the same day. If it can happen to her it can still happen to me.

shesaid - it is really nice that you can be there fore your mom.

Laura - how did it go? I can't wait to see pictures!

Suzie - those pics make me want to to a 3d u/s. What a cutie!

lilac, vieros, happy, Tear, Vegan,  and everybody else: hi!

Moving past many years of infertility and always thinking of my friends in the infertility forums.

Old 05-14-2013, 07:42 AM

Hi all! I'm a lurker and "know" a lot of you. Anyways, we ended up conceiving through an injectable IUI cycle not IVF. I'll be 12 wks tomorrow and because I have a progesterone problem I've been on PIO since 4wks. I'm in the process of weaning off. I know PIO is more common in conjunction with IVF cycles, did any of you end up using it for an extended period of time? What was your experience weaning off?

Married to my love stillheart.gif, Mommy to W ('09) homebirth.jpg and Doula.

brokenheart.gifbrokenheart.gif God has answered our prayers & we welcomed our baby girl earth side 11/24/13 h20homebirth.gif

Old 05-14-2013, 12:29 PM

Hi SilaMarila -- I was on progesterone supps through week 10.5 (well I spaced out the last few supps until week 11.5 but only b/c I was scared to stop cold turkey despite what my dr said!!!) I FINALLY got energy back about 3-5 days after the extra progesterone filtered out of my system. At that point babies were all fine and everything seemed OK!  I was a zombie on the progesterone... 

Old 05-14-2013, 12:41 PM
rcr

Hi Sila:

I am still on progesterone shots. I have 5 more to go (yay!!) I am on them until week 12. MY doc didn't say anything about weaning off them. I take my last shot on Sat, and then go in on Mon to have a test. I am really hoping that the progesterone (and estrogen pills, which I am also on) is the reason for me feeling so bad lately. I can't wait to stop them. Sorry that is not helpful, since I am not weaning off them though.

Old 05-14-2013, 01:19 PM

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

guppy - congrats on the BBG!!

rcr - sorry you've been feeling so cruddy.

sila - I was nervous to stop cold turkey but did at 11 weeks and it was smooth sailing.  felt better in a cpl of days and everything.  The placenta has taken over at that point.

aura - holy crap!!!  I can't believe you're about to hold those beauties in your arms!  Can't wait to hear all about it!  The hand me downs are awesome.  My DD is dressed for many years to come thanks to my best friend.  DS we are not so lucky with lol.

shesaid - sounds like the workshop will be neat!  sorry for the discomfort, but glad it is just getting that way!

Me: 34, DH: 36, DD born 7/25/10 After 4 years of trying and failed IVF treatments (missing my angels).  IVF/ICSI worked this time! DS born 1/8/13!

www.3hearts2hold1love-emms.blogspot.com

Old 05-14-2013, 01:46 PM

Thanks so much for replying guys! Did you guys get your progesterone levels checked before weaning off? Do you remember what it was? I did and it was 27. At 6.5 wks it was 41 so I really expected it to be higher and it kind of freaked me out. My midwife had me go back in to get it checked today. Today was going to be my last shot since I'll be 12 wks tomorrow (yay). Then I'll get it checked a few days after stopping to make sure it hasn't dropped too drastically or anything. She said it should be above 20.

Energy sounds nice! I read that a lot of people do feel much better after stopping the PIO and other hormones.

Married to my love stillheart.gif, Mommy to W ('09) homebirth.jpg and Doula.

brokenheart.gifbrokenheart.gif God has answered our prayers & we welcomed our baby girl earth side 11/24/13 h20homebirth.gif

Tags
Pregnancy
User Tag List