IVF Graduates thread!! - Page 83 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 39Likes

#2461 of 2784 Old 08-23-2013, 12:00 PM

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Hey Guys!! Just wanted to drop by and say HI and welcome to all the newly pg mama's! Guppy - glad to hear that the babes are still hanging around in there :-) lilac - sounds like you've got lots of good clothes! We had (still have even as she gets bigger) tons of hand me downs for my 3yo DD. My DS? Not so much. I've done a massive amount of thrift store shopping and catching the amazing sales anywhere I can find them to try to stock up slowly.... but no boys really in my family/friends to get the hand me downs from! suzie - sorry about being admitted again... fingers crossed that you hang tight!!! rcr/blue/tear/vegan/ - hi and thinking about you (and those I didn't specifically mention). AFM - Life has been insane. In the past 7 weeks our family has struggled with 3 bouts of some stomach bug (me, DH and DD) , a bladder infection that turned into severe joint pain from the antibiotic so it took 3 antibiotics and prednisone to get rid of (me), strep throat (DH), Poison Ivy that took 6 weeks and that aforementioned prednisone to heal (me), DH being out of town for over a week (while I was sick), work going insane (upper management leaving, no one knowing what is going to happen), our renters moving out of our rental property so spent a week or so getting it ready for the next renters to move in, DD transitioning into preschool (not loving it right now), fighting with daycare because they forget DS is only 7 months old and want to feed him EVERYTHING (we are doing BLW so no purees - but they seem to think he's ready for fruits canned in syrup (not happening), crackers, kix, fruit loops, WHY tell me are they even feeding infants (up to 12 months) those foods at all??!!!), DS having major sleep regression, my milk supply taking a hit from all the issues and meds and stress and AF thrown in there (and coming again). Phew. Yeah, i'm stressed to the hilt and exhausted. BUT - DD is doing great and talking so much more (speech therapy is helping so much), and she's doing really good with potty training. DS is eating like a hoss and can't seem to get enough of anything - be it mama's milk or real food. He loves eating the real thing, and I'm so glad we could do BLW with him (it didn't work well for DD so we did purees until she was over a year old). He's been sitting up no his own since he was 5 months, but now he can get himself into a sitting up position, he army crawls and pulls himself up on things and is almost full on crawling. I keep trying to tell him to slow down but he doesn't listen :-) So I haven't been posting much lately, but I keep lurking and stalking everyone!!! I swear I just don't even have time to pee at work these days, and typing these posts on my cell is a PITA. So know I'm around and thinking about everyone!!!

Me: 34, DH: 36, DD born 7/25/10 After 4 years of trying and failed IVF treatments (missing my angels).  IVF/ICSI worked this time! DS born 1/8/13!

www.3hearts2hold1love-emms.blogspot.com

#2462 of 2784 Old 08-23-2013, 02:52 PM

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)

hope, this list "but they seem to think he's ready for fruits canned in syrup (not happening), crackers, kix, fruit loops, WHY tell me are they even feeding infants (up to 12 months) those foods at all??!!!)," is crazy. My sister, who isn't quite as crunchy as I am but is breastfeeding her 4 month old, has already introduced rice cereal and pureed foods. I think that kind of food is 9 months and older kind of stuff, not for a 4 month old.  I just shake my head.  Not my babies when they finally come. Good luck on the BLW ( I am assuming baby lead weaning).

Crafty Geeky lady (37, hypothyroid) married 7/2010 love of my life (42, azoospermia). I believe in MIRACLES! Twin boys born 12/21/13 at 40 weeks 2 days! 3/52 crafts in 2014 Ramsey's BS1: Done! 2/17/12 BS 2 goal: 6/7/17 no sperm initial DX 3/23/12 BFP 4/7/13!
#2463 of 2784 Old 08-24-2013, 11:35 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

suzie - so sorry you had to be admitted due to blood pressure issues. Try to take it as easy as you can. I will be sending lots of good thoughts for you and babe.

happyhopeful - Thank you! I'm really glad feeding is looking up for us now. It's still a challenge, but we've had several successful feedings at the breast now.

mayari - thank you, they are getting easier every day!
The first trimester is definitely a difficult place to be, I can't imagine it with a toddler. I hope you start feeling better quickly! Be good to yourself.

lilac - Sounds like you have a great stash of baby clothes so far!

dandelionsrflowers - Waiting is awful. When is your ultrasound again? Have you asked your dr or midwife about your low blood pressure? You're right, no wonder you are feeling so icky.

hope4light - thrift stores are my favourite place to shop for baby clothes, it's where we got most of Birdie's stuff. I hope you're finding awesome things too.
It sounds like you've gotten an awful hand in the health department lately. I'm sorry you guys have been dealing with yucky illnesses. I hope you're all doing better and don't have any more on the horizon.
I'd be furious with your daycare. There's no reason for a 7 month old to be eating those things, especially if mama says no.
Be gentle with yourself, you have a lot of stress on your hands lately. I hope things calm down for you.

Hi to everyone else, I hope you're all doing well!

AFM - we've had several successful breastfeeding sessions now so our feeding issues are hopefully coming to an end. I'm so proud of Birdie for how well he is doing with it. I cannot wait to never have to pump again! I hate hate hate pumping.

Nikki crochetsmilie.gif, partner to Jeremy guitar.gif. Baby Joshua Nolan is finally here after a many year struggle with infertility. I blog at www.loliecraft.blogspot.com. dog2.gifcat.gifhamster.jpghamster.jpg

#2464 of 2784 Old 08-25-2013, 01:41 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Hey everyone :)  I'm home for a day then back to boring old hospital.  Have been given the pre-e diagnosis so it's been a long week of blood tests, ultrasounds and urine testing.  Along with the most crazy blood pressures ever.  Ironically, I've never felt better (aside from carrying around a giant beach ball) so it feels pretty wrong to be in a hospital bed all day.  They get really mad when I get up and cruise around - apparently I'm the worst patient they've ever had for laying in bed LOL... But at least the big symptoms have stayed away so far - apparently if they kick in it's gonna be a quick c-section, so I'm crossing everything I just stay like this for another few weeks.

Baby looks awesome at the scans though - she's measuring at 4.8 pounds this week (totally right for her age) which is pretty reassuring as pre-e can cause less growth.

Sorry for the lack of personals - but I've got about 3 hours before I have to go back and a billion things to do.. But DH packed me the most amazing bag for the hospital last week.  I had about 20 pairs of undies, one pair of socks and some lovely tops but no pants Hahahaha :) 

I'm 39 and I have a lovely husband who is substantially younger, a unique 14 year old son from my first attempt at marriage.  I am a music snob and i have no fashion sense at all.  IVF Jan 2013 BFP joy.gif

11 Oct 2013 welcomed baby Beth energy.gif (the wonder baby)

#2465 of 2784 Old 08-26-2013, 11:38 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Suzie-- hang in there and drink tons of water (which I'm sure you're doing anyway!) hope you can keep the preE at bay as long as possible. I'm in a similar situation but back home for now as my labs were clear. Can't wait to see what my trio weighs tomorrow!! 4.8 is AMAZING!!!

SMC (40)  TTC w/ donor swimmers since 2009, hypothyroid...  IVF#1 m/c trisomy 16 (10/19/12) 

IVF#2: BFP 2/11/13 This one really stuck. 

Mom to H, L, & G, triplets born 35+1 and growing like weeds! joy.gif

#2466 of 2784 Old 08-27-2013, 05:42 AM

Hi All!

Guppy!! so happy to see your post and read that your lil ones are staying put!! YAY!!! Also, just so happy that you have been released from the hospital!! Can't wait to read how much the trio is weighing in at now!!

Suzie- That's awesome that despite the pre-e, you're feeling great and sending all those great vibes to your bebe!! Her weight sounds fantastic too!! Very funny about what your husband packed, I think mine would've done the same! I hope you're able to watch Game of Thrones and that you can find other ways to distract yourself! When is your due date?

SheSaid- Congrats again on the breastfeeding success and I hope your pumping days are numbered! I'm only about 24 weeks, and am already dreading when I have to go back to work and will have to pump...I can only afford (at most) 8 weeks away from work, so I'll have to pump or supplement :( Ugh!

Hope4Light- Oh my gosh!! You sound like your life has been super hectic!! Thank goodness everyone is recovered from their illnesses!! It also sounds like you're celebrating a lot of milestones of your two- crawling, sitting up, and talking- that must help take some of the edge off the stress!! I hope the good news/good times keep rolling in for you now!!

Mayari- hope you're MS is getting more manageable!! I know everyone is different, but for me- saltine crackers right next to the bed to eat as soon as I woke up and before getting out of bed (my OB's nurse recommended this) really, really helped! Good Luck and I'm looking forward to reading about the ultrasound!!

Dandelion- Waiting for the ultrasound is awful!! However, it does pay to wait so that you will definitely be able to see something, and feel confident about the pregnancy!! Looking forward to reading an update from you!! Sending you lots of patient and confident vibes!!

Lilac- Sounds like you are getting all set for these babies and how great that you already have their clothes!! It sounds like you are all about nesting right now!! :)

AFM- My baby just started high school yesterday!!! Aaaaaa!! I mean, I'm so proud and excited for this new journey, ehem. It was a little hard for me, he's been my one and only for the last 14 years and seeing him off to high school yesterday, well, it's a little hard realizing that in a just a few years he'll be an adult. .Okay, pulling myself together...On to stuff that makes me smile- The new baby's room is 90% emptied out!!  The last two items  are a sleeper sofa & tv which I'm trying to sell, but honestly I will gladly give them away if no one shows interest in the next two weeks.We also started receiving gifts because my mom sent out the baby shower invitations and we're registered with Amazon, so it's been super exciting coming home and finding a package!! It's also making me just want to be able to snap my fingers and the room is done and snap them again and it's December and my baby is here!!

Everyone- Hope you have a great week!!

#2467 of 2784 Old 08-27-2013, 08:51 PM

guppy you are so inspiring!

We had the ultrasound yesterday and it looks like twins! They are measuring on track smile.gif I am floating between bliss and scared. The hubby is just plain excited smile.gif
#2468 of 2784 Old 08-28-2013, 03:20 AM

dandelionsrflowers, I will congratulate you over on this thread too!  So Exciting! Glad to know that the little ones you are carrying are growing like they should be. I know when I found out it truly was twins it was a mix of panic and euphoria. Panicked because I hoped everything would work out all right and wondering if we would be good parents to twins and euphoria that we had finally gotten pregnant when a year before we were told we would never have biological children.

AFM,

I went and toured the birth place where I am planning to give birth last night. The triage part reminded me of an emergency room. I told DH that supported my wishes of staying home until I was in active labor because otherwise the tour guide said we could spend 2 to 4 hours in this little room with no windows. All the labor and delivery rooms have outdoor windows which is much better in my opinion. The tour guide told me and 2 other moms pregnant with twins that it wasn't the practice to have all twin births in the operating room. But I am definitely going to talk to my doctor about that too. There were nice deep bath tubs and showers and each room so I can stand in the water if I want to labor there which was good. She even said they recommend that a laboring woman sit on a toilet and rock to help get the baby in the right direction to exit the body vaginally. The hospital supports skin to skin contact with the baby after birth which was good to know, but if I am still actively laboring for the second baby that may be interesting.  Nurse said that colostrum tastes like amniotic fluid which I had never heard before. Makes sense though so it is familiar to the baby.

The mother/baby unit was nice with enough space in their large rooms for both babies to stay with us and they are never taken away from the parents unless the little boys are going to be circumcised. I am not sure how my DH feels about circumcision. I guess I need to have a conversation about that.  There is a "watching" nursery if parents ask to have some time to sleep without watching the baby. DH even gets a couch to sleep on. Doesn't look that comfy but at least it is something.

This whole "getting ready to birth" thing is getting more and more real.

Crafty Geeky lady (37, hypothyroid) married 7/2010 love of my life (42, azoospermia). I believe in MIRACLES! Twin boys born 12/21/13 at 40 weeks 2 days! 3/52 crafts in 2014 Ramsey's BS1: Done! 2/17/12 BS 2 goal: 6/7/17 no sperm initial DX 3/23/12 BFP 4/7/13!
#2469 of 2784 Old 08-28-2013, 06:24 PM

hello everyone!!

dandelions- congrats on twins!! i never expected to have twins and feel SO extremely lucky.  every day is an adventure!  you are in for a lot of fun!

happy- december is right around the corner!! 

lilac- good luck!! birthing twins vaginally is a challenge but certainly not impossible.  i was really happy that i got to go that route, even though it just worked out that way. the rooms sound amazing at the hospital!  i wouldn't stress about triage, especially if you're not rushing in right away.  i was in triage for less than an hour before i was brought to my own room.  you're going to do great!

guppy, i'm so impressed!!! you are a super mom, glad those babies are still safe inside you!

suzie- get some rest!! 

she said, glad to hear the breastfeeding is going well!  the pump is the worst, i hope you get to put it away soon!

hope- i am astonished that daycare would think those were appropriate foods for a kid under 1!  so many carbs and sugars and processed foods.  i can see it as an occasional snack when they're older, but a 7 month old??  nuts.  good luck talking to them about it.  i am REALLY excited to start solid foods but i'd like to wait until 6 months.  i know some people start earlier, but the more i read, the more my gut says to wait.  i guess we will see how the kids react when the time comes?  can you explain more how blw didn't work for your eldest?  i'd like to try a mix i think.  i like the idea of blw, but i'm not opposed to purees and all that.  

afm, the kids are now 15 weeks old and are the loves of my life.  julia has started really rolling from front to back, and she holds her head up effortlessly.  she's probably going to be an early mover.  ben on the other hand is a lot lazier unless he is on his back thumping his feet around.  he coo's and talks to all his toys, and seems to be really interested in the world around him.  we recently bought some of the wee gallery cards and the kids LOVE them.  it's cute to see their faces light up and get all smiley when they lock in on whatever the animal is.  they're growing so fast though, as much as i am thrilled to see them advance i am already sad about not having newborns anymore.  i know everyone goes through it, but i have a REALLY hard time putting away the clothes they've outgrown.  those preemie onesies are so tiny it seems as if they are more suitable to a barbie than a real child.  there are a lot of pregnancies among my friends and family right now, so hopefully i can pass them along and see another baby enjoy them.  

jukim likes this.

Making babies! Twins due June 10, 2013. joy.gif
#2470 of 2784 Old 08-31-2013, 08:25 AM

Went for our 24 week  ultrasound to check on the growth of our boys.  Everything is right on path for a 24 week old baby which was reassuring.  Baby A was 1 pound 8 ounces and Baby B was 1 pound 9 ounces so they are growing equally well which is good.

I talked to the doctor about the "laboring" in the OR and found out that although the tour guide said I wouldn't have to go the OR unless I was getting a C section, the doctor said that will go to the OR once I get to the pushing stage of labor. When I asked her about the last natural birth she had attended, she couldn't come up with an example. She said the last few times she has been on call there were lots of scheduled C-sections.  Yeah, that doesn't make me particularly comfortable since I would like to avoid a c-section if at all possible.  Right now both my boys are head down, which is good.

Talked with DH about circumcision and he says he doesn't have any strong feelings one way or another on it so that makes me hopefully that we can agree that no circumcision is necessary for our boys.

#2471 of 2784 Old 08-31-2013, 12:04 PM

Aura- it seems impossible that yours are 15weeks! Time has surely flown!!! That's great.

Lilac. So glad to hear alls well for 24w! What a milestone smile.gif bummer they won't let you attempt a non OR birth. We have a local hospital with midwives that will deliver twins naturally if there are no complicating factors (preE, GD, etc). I was slated to go there until babyC showed herself! There have been many twin mamas with successful vbirths of twins. Especially if they continue to present vertex! I hope you can get your desired outcome!!

As for me I had pretty good weights this week. 3#11oz for a&c (b/g) and a whopping 4#8oz for B (boy). There's always error in these measurements but I'm glad they're all pushing (or over) 4 pounds. My BP is all over the place and I'm not feeling so hot. So am guessing my days outside the hospital are numbered <3!! My original goal was 33w which is Monday. I'd love one more week but better yet want all 4 of us to come out healthy. So at this point my bag is packed and I'm ready to go!

Thanks for all the cheering on! I appreciate it smile.gif bed rest for 3+ months has gotten old fast... Can't wait to meet my little ones!

Have a great weekend!!!

SMC (40)  TTC w/ donor swimmers since 2009, hypothyroid...  IVF#1 m/c trisomy 16 (10/19/12) 

#2472 of 2784 Old 08-31-2013, 04:12 PM

Guppy glad to hear your little ones are growing stronger by the day. Everyday inside you is a victory. Celebrate each day!

As for the non-OR birth it will be interesting to hear how other doctors at this practice respond to the same question about pushing and delivering in an LDR vs. OR. The doctor's encouragement "you'll get to stay in the same bed" as if that is some consolation.

#2473 of 2784 Old 08-31-2013, 09:33 PM

Just had to post real quick to say I think your amazing Guppy !!!!!!!

Loving life with DH, DD-8/98lady.gif, & our miracle twins 12/4/10babyboy.gifbabygirl.gif after 3 IVF's and 3 yrs TTC

#2474 of 2784 Old 09-01-2013, 09:08 AM

lilacs, Aura and any other twin mamas.
Aura-any tips for choosing an OB or midwife for your twins birth? Did you chose a hospital or birth center?
Lilacs-what made you decide to go with a hospital rather than a center? What went into choosing your OB?

We do nit have a OB yet and are touring a birth center Tuesday. One of the midwives is experienced delivering twins and also has breech birth experience. It sounds promising? If going with a birth center, should I have an OB backup? We were having a lot of words thrown at us at the ultrasound apt... High risk, advanced maternal age, IVF... They made it sound scary and we don't feel like it should be scary.

guppy tons of positive thoughts coming your way!
#2475 of 2784 Old 09-01-2013, 03:21 PM

Dandelionsrflowers there are no birth centers near me. The only hospital with a nicu is 35 minutes away. The doctor was recommended by my ivf doctor. I really have no friends having babies locally so no one to recommend someone to me. It wasn't I read "natural hospital birth" a couple weeks ago that I really had an idea what I should ask to see if my doctor was natural birth friendly. I guess it means more to me the closer to my due date I become.

#2476 of 2784 Old 09-05-2013, 03:01 AM

I am so excited. I am 25 weeks today!  I have been totally craving avocado sandwiches.  Oh are they yummy.  My belly sure seemed to be stretching yesterday.  It hurt quite a bit. 

How are others feeling these days?

#2477 of 2784 Old 09-05-2013, 11:16 AM
rcr

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Hi all:

Congrats Lilac! I am just a bit ahead of you, and my tummy feels stretchy too. Like it always feels tight and full. I am getting pretty uncomfortable, actually. I can't believe I still have three more months.

Mom to DS 12/07 and DD 11/13, plus a bunch of chickens, dogs, and cats.

Moving past many years of infertility and always thinking of my friends in the infertility forums.

#2478 of 2784 Old 09-05-2013, 11:49 AM

Day by day at this point! 33+3 and BP is creeping up. So in for preE bloodwork. Hoping its nothing. Would like one more week. smile.gif

Thanks for all the cheering and support!!! You gals are awesome!!

#2479 of 2784 Old 09-05-2013, 12:31 PM

Guppy you are amazing! I saw the best pic ever on pinterest yesterday of a triplet mom - she was nursing a baby on each boob and had the third in a back carry. I'll try to post it for you later. I am off to go visit my friend and her 1 month old baby that she adopted. The baby was born at 33 weeks - so you are past when she came out. Anyway, she had no problems - just had to stay in the NICU a few weeks to mature a bit. :-)

Cindy

Mama to my veggie girl hearts.gif(1/09) and my sweet rainbow baby rainbow1284.gif (9/12). 

#2480 of 2784 Old 09-07-2013, 03:35 PM

Hi Everyone :) feels like forever since I've popped my head in!  Thankfully my BP has stabilized, still too high but while it isn't rising I'm buying more "home time" - still have to go in everyday but at least I feel very well monitored LOL.. Had a couple of scans last week and although I was 33 weeks, all of a sudden I'm measuring at 43 weeks thanks to a massive amount of amniotic fluid.  Explains why I outgrew all my clothes in the last week!

We had a 3D scan as well, and this little one is still doing somersaults and goes from breech to head down in the space of 10 minutes... she's supposed to be engaged by now!  Lucky I'm having a c-section so at least I don't have to worry about that :) 

Guppy.. Hope your bloods went well! I cannot believe how long you've managed to hang in there with your 3! You are so awesome :)

Lilac.. Ewww avocado sandwiches LOL.. Gee I miss cravings so much!  ATM the best I can hope for is eating a part of my meals, as I get full after a few bites and my appetite is pretty much zero.

Rcr.. Yeah - uncomfortable is exactly how it feels!  Can you still roll over in bed?  DH laughs at my "weight lifter grunts" during the night

Here's my fave pic from the last scan we had..

Intel(R) JPEG Library, version [2.0.16.48]

I'm 39 and I have a lovely husband who is substantially younger, a unique 14 year old son from my first attempt at marriage.  I am a music snob and i have no fashion sense at all.  IVF Jan 2013 BFP joy.gif

11 Oct 2013 welcomed baby Beth energy.gif (the wonder baby)

#2481 of 2784 Old 09-08-2013, 11:37 AM

Suzie-- she's adorable!!! Great scan photo!! Glad BP has stabilized!!

Dandelions..- yay for twins!! When I first thought mine were twins I had great conversations with a midwife group that was VERy open to natural (or just normal vag with epidural) birth options (I'm 40/first timer/IVF/overweight etc). So keep looking/talking to folks. It is possible!!

I'm still home for now but time will tell. I don't feel great but preE signs are all "trace" at this point. Back in tomorrow at 34w!! Now that's a gestation I never expected to make!!

#2482 of 2784 Old 09-08-2013, 11:46 AM

Guppy: You are incredible!! So awesome!! Here is the pic that I just adore. :-)

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_tDBhsPhDRMU/TIVsKg-XzrI/AAAAAAAAAmk/4LSo7DZTI7I/s400/tripletsap.jpg&imgrefurl=http://bliss-breastfeeding.blogspot.com/2010/09/babywearing-and-breastfeeding-triplets.html&h=266&w=400&sz=38&tbnid=6JlesLH3LZIrTM:&tbnh=90&tbnw=135&zoom=1&usg=__n3NAmXWgq3w7lWbcd2YDYepVxvc=&docid=mbCBa1RMU8keXM&sa=X&ei=o8UsUrbWOqK72AWfr4DYAw&ved=0CD8Q9QEwAw&dur=426

I read a tiny bit of that mom's blog atfer I saw the pic. These were her 7th, 8th and 9th babies! So she was probably a pro at breastfeeding and babywearing before they came along. 

Cindy

Mama to my veggie girl hearts.gif(1/09) and my sweet rainbow baby rainbow1284.gif (9/12). 

#2483 of 2784 Old 09-08-2013, 01:29 PM

Thanks Vegan!! That's impressive!! And 9 kids... Wow. 3 seems crazy enough smile.gif thanks for sharing the link.

#2484 of 2784 Old 09-08-2013, 05:33 PM
rcr

Suzie - So cute!  love the little smile! Yes, I can still roll over in bed. I roll over like every 10 minutes because I am so uncomfortable. It does not make for a good nights sleep.

Moving past many years of infertility and always thinking of my friends in the infertility forums.

#2485 of 2784 Old 09-10-2013, 08:30 AM

SUZIE- that pic is soooo sweet!! Can't believe she's smiling, awwww!! LOVE!!

GUPPY- 34 Weeks+ So awesome and I'm really just so happy for you!! You've been/are amazing and your little trio are so reaping the benefits!!

RCR- I am also feeling totally uncomfortable which I feel, well uncomfortable about because I do still have another 3 months! I am definitely walking a heck of a lot slower and with a lil waddle that is not cute. I also have to shift my position throughout the night and even when sitting on the couch- I feel a whole of stretching going on and pressure low and on the sides of my belly...oh well.

AFM- RELEASED from high risk- yay!! The little bleed/tear didn't grow and the baby is growing perfectly despite just the one uterine artery. Last Thursday, she was 1 llb 8 oz and all of her measurements were either on schedule or a lil above- very, very happy all around!!

EVERYONE- hope all of you had a lovely weekend and that you're feeling healthy and well this week!!!

#2486 of 2784 Old 09-15-2013, 05:53 PM

I keep starting a reply to this thread, and then I get distracted away from my computer. I just want to say hi to everyone. I'll come back with a more detailed post later.

MOMTOALEXIS likes this.
#2487 of 2784 Old 09-15-2013, 06:27 PM
rcr

Happy - congrats on being released!

Guppy- we haven't heard from you for a while. I hope you are hanging in there still, or enjoying healthy babies right now :)

AFM - just wanted to pop in and give an update. I described the horrible pain that I went through a few months ago. Well, it has happened 5 times now. It uaually lasts about 40 minutes and it is the worst pain I have ever felt - and I was in labor for 32 hours with DS (natural) - so I know what pain feels like :rotflmao. This pain is worse, and it lasts longer because it is constant. I went to the doc on friday, and it turns out I have gallstones, which is pretty common in pregnancy because they can be caused by increased progesterone (I am sure that 5 years of IF treatments didn't help). Basically when I pass a gallstone it is horrible pain that can last from 5 minutes to like 15 hours, so thankfully mine have been relitively short. The only cure is to have the gallbladder removed, which I would happily do because the pain is so horrible, but I can't until after the baby is born. The doc gave me a prescription for some pain pills that may work (but may not), and said that a low-fat diet will help attacks not happen (maybe). So I am totally scared of another attack, and trying to avoid all fat, even though I am vegetarian so I pretty much have a low-fat diet anyway.

#2488 of 2784 Old 09-16-2013, 06:24 AM

RCR- Oh my gosh, I am so sorry to read this!! I just wanted to post and let you know that I just feel awful that you have to deal with this.I'm hoping, praying, and wishing that the pills and diet cause you to have little to no discomfort!! BIG HUGS

#2489 of 2784 Old 09-17-2013, 05:39 AM

Ah, rcr, I am so sorry you are having a gall bladder attack. Yikes on the pain. Hopefully you can get through the next couple of months ok.

aFM, acid reflux has been kicking my butt! Threw up 4 times last week. I tried apple cider vinegar at someone's suggestion and so far I have gotten through 2 nights without waking up with terrible heart burn that causes me to vomit.

#2490 of 2784 Old 09-17-2013, 12:48 PM

Well my blood pressure got the best of me and The BAbIES ARE HERE!!! Yay. Born around 7:45 this morning.

Henry Holden 4#8oz -- a little breathing difficulty at first but on room air after some oxygen help
Lydia Caryl 4#1oz -- a little fighter. Doing the best of the three and may be able to breast feed tonight!
George Richards 5#0oz -- biggest and a little low in the blood pressure and blood sugar Department. But breathing great.

I haven't seen them since kissing them in the OR this morning -- but heading up there soon. Have some pain management issues but really things went ok!

Just on my phone. Hopefully I can share photos at a later date!

Tags
Pregnancy

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page