IVF Graduates thread!! - Page 85 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 39Likes

Old 09-26-2013, 08:45 AM

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)

sourire, I hope that bedrest helps you get past this bleeding stage. Rest well!

Crafty Geeky lady (37, hypothyroid) married 7/2010 love of my life (42, azoospermia). I believe in MIRACLES! Twin boys born 12/21/13 at 40 weeks 2 days! 3/52 crafts in 2014 Ramsey's BS1: Done! 2/17/12 BS 2 goal: 6/7/17 no sperm initial DX 3/23/12 BFP 4/7/13!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-26-2013, 06:45 PM
rcr

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Sourire - I am thinking about you and your little bean. Keep up the positive outlook.

Mom to DS 12/07 and DD 11/13, plus a bunch of chickens, dogs, and cats.

Moving past many years of infertility and always thinking of my friends in the infertility forums.

Old 09-27-2013, 06:04 PM

I am bummed because the results came back that I had four elevated blood sugars. My fasting was 96 when the cut off is 94, then at one hour it was 205 and the cut off was 179, then at at two hours it was 245 when the cut off was 154, then at three hours it was 162 when the cut off was 139. I cried a bunch this afternoon because I hate needles and having to do blood sugar measures several times a day is not something I look forward to.

The ultrasound showed that one baby is head down and the other is breech. Hopefully the breech baby will go back to head down. They are 2 pounds 13oz and 2 pounds 10 oz at 28 weeks.

Crafty Geeky lady (37, hypothyroid) married 7/2010 love of my life (42, azoospermia). I believe in MIRACLES! Twin boys born 12/21/13 at 40 weeks 2 days! 3/52 crafts in 2014 Ramsey's BS1: Done! 2/17/12 BS 2 goal: 6/7/17 no sperm initial DX 3/23/12 BFP 4/7/13!
Old 09-30-2013, 11:00 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi Everyone!!

Lilac- Sorry about your blood sugar and I've been through that before (not with pregnancy, but a diabetes scare) and if it helps, I wanted to let you know that the needles are super tiny and don't hurt.As for your babies- WOW!! GREAT WEIGHTS!! I'm only carrying a singleton and she weighed 2lbs 8 oz at her 28 week appointment and the doctor was very happy, so I'm sure you, your husband, and your doctor must be thrilled that your twins are thriving and growing so well!!

Sourire- Hoping that your bed rest is doing the trick, and that you and your little one are well!!

AFM: Doing really good- the 28 week ultrasound was a total thrill and I finally got to bring home a beautiful picture- the last few appointments, she was either face down or covering her face with her hands.This time only the umbilical cord was blocking part of one side of her face and so we could easily see most of her adorable face and lil' features!! If I can figure out how, I'll post the pic. I'll hear tomorrow about the diabetes blood test result, but I'm feeling pretty confident because I don't have any symptoms. I am actually garnering more energy these days and was able to attend, enjoy, and stay at a wedding till midnight on Saturday, which felt great!

ALL- Hoping everyone is doing and feeling well!! Looking forward to reading updates and hopefully even seeing more pics of the babies!!

Old 09-30-2013, 12:51 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Dandelions-- sadly the nicu was full at my intended hospital and they refused to take me since it was triplets at 35w (despite my having preE signs). They would have bussed me by ambulance to another hospital if I couldn't have gone in my own transport. I ended up with a SpECtACULaR OB doing my incision which is essentially healed (very nicely!) at this point almost 2weeks out. Everyone who has checked it has remarked how nice it looks. Anyway I pitched a hissy fit when I got to the second hospital and they ended up bending over backwards for me. I was hormonal and overly dramatic but I was also pissed. As i went from one of the top 4 hospitals in Boston to one of the lowest tier hospitals... Now looking back it was a better birth experience than I ever had hoped -- given triplets and c-section -- it was much more personalized and we had more flexibility around my intentions and wishes. They also caught me early enough I didn't need magnesium sulfate which was a blessing.

Sourire-- lots of positive thoughts and hoping bed rest is helping!!

AFM -- Boys are HOME!! Yay. They're sweet and wonderful and I'm over the moon! My daughter will hopefully be home within a week but having apnea spells so she's on a 5day countdown (which resets anytime she has a spell). After 5days without a spell (and passing the car seat test!) she can come home!! Yay. Fingers crossed.

Boys napping in a bassinet order day home!!

SMC (40)  TTC w/ donor swimmers since 2009, hypothyroid...  IVF#1 m/c trisomy 16 (10/19/12) 

IVF#2: BFP 2/11/13 This one really stuck. 

Mom to H, L, & G, triplets born 35+1 and growing like weeds! joy.gif

Old 09-30-2013, 11:00 PM

Guppy .. Gee that bassinet photo is priceless smile.gif and your c section already healed? Amazing!

Lilac .. How long do u have to do the needles? Sorry you have to go through that!

Sourie.. Hope ur bed rest is going well

I've struggled to find time to get online - trying to get the last of the house renovations done before this baby comes, so there's always someone here to help and steal any free time I might have had. 9 days til my c section, but hoping I can get there sooner. Am seriously considering having sex to try to move things along LOL.. That's how uncomfortable I am! Today I measured at 47 weeks thanks to all my newly acquired fluid, so maybe my waters will just break soon. Fingers crossed! Hope you all are doing well smile.gif

I'm 39 and I have a lovely husband who is substantially younger, a unique 14 year old son from my first attempt at marriage.  I am a music snob and i have no fashion sense at all.  IVF Jan 2013 BFP joy.gif

11 Oct 2013 welcomed baby Beth energy.gif (the wonder baby)

Old 10-01-2013, 08:38 AM

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)

Lilac - I'm so sorry you have to deal with needles. I managed to get out of needles for my FET cycles (I'm taking Crinone instead of PIO), and I was soooooo relieved about that.

happyhopeful - I'm glad everything is going well!

guppy - wow your boys are adorable. I hope your daughter can join you guys soon. So how is it taking care of the babies at home? Do you have help?

suzie - wow measuring 47 weeks... you must look like octomom! lol. That's so exciting that you get to meet your baby in just a few days.

AFM - I had another ultrasound yesterday and everything looks great! Baby grew by 50% in the past week, heartbeat is probably above 150bpm (they didn't measure it exactly because the doctor didn't want to subject the baby to more ultrasound waves than necessary), and no bleeding was seen in my uterus. My external bleeding is pretty minimal at this point, it always seems to calm down when I rest lots. The doctor was nice enough to give me another 1.5 weeks off work because I was concerned that my bleeding might get worse again if I got off bedrest. So I don't have to go back to work until October 10. I'm starting to believe that I might actually be getting a take-home baby next May. I just threw up 2 days in a row (today and yesterday), which has never happened to me before (so far I've been throwing up once every 2-3 days). So that is very reassuring as well!

Me (32), married to DH (35)

3 years of TTC #1, M/C @ 6wks in May 2013 angel1.gif
Mom to Liliana born May 8 2014 bfinfant.gif
mdcblog5.gif www.babythehardway.com

Old 10-01-2013, 10:08 AM

GUPPY- That pic is soo priceless and wonderful!! What a relief it must be to have them home and be on a countdown for your lil girl to join them!! I can't believe it's already been two weeks! I'm so happy that you've healed nicely and that despite the change in hospital, everything sounds like it's been going really good for all of you!! Lots of great wishes to you and yours!!

SUZIE- Oh my gosh- 47 weeks??! That must be so uncomfortable!! Thank goodness you're only a week away, but also how incredibly exciting that your due date is actually right around the corner!! As much commotion as the house reno is, it's probably helping to keep you busy and distract you! Looking forward to seeing pics next week!! YAY!!

SOURIRE- GREAT NEWS!! Sounds like bed rest is exactly what you and your little one need right now!! I'm so happy you had such a reassuring ultrasound and that in just a few weeks you'll be in your second trimester!! Woohoo!!

Here's the pic of our little girl from last week's 28 week appointment!! :)

IMG_20131001_120517.jpg

Old 10-02-2013, 05:03 AM

Sourire, glad to hear that your repeat ultrasound showed things were going well.  Continued bed rest sounds like a good thing.

suzie mccool, wow 47 weeks. I forgot to ask my doctor last week what my measurement was but at my 26 week appointment I was measuring 33 weeks. Can't wait to see your little one when she arrives.

guppy, that bassinet photo of your little boys is so cute.  Can't wait to see your daughter join them at home.

AFM, well, I go for diabetic training on Monday Oct. 7 and I don't know exactly how I get my glucose meter and test strips (whether I have to get them through my mail order pharmacy, or if I can get them locally) so I guess that will determine how long I have to stick myself. I go back in Friday, Oct. 18 for a follow up appointment where they check to make sure I have my supplies and am using them correctly. I will be 29 weeks tomorrow so likely from week 30 to the end of the pregnancy so 10 weeks or less for sticking myself. I guess I just need to get over the needles - it took so many needles to get pregnant (so glad I had progesterone suppositories instead of needles) that I guess a bunch more to keep my babies healthy will have to be okay. As I look at the "gestational diabetes symptoms" the only ones that applied to me were frequent urination and fatigue but that seems like a given in pregnancy especially with multiples. Whatever.

Old 10-02-2013, 01:52 PM

Sourire-- great news. I've been thinking of you. So glad bed rest is helping!

Suzie -- can't wait to meet your little one!!

Lilac-- So twins are awesome! Just having two boys at home has been amazing (exhausting for sure! But they're so precious!) You'll do great. And don't worry about the GD -- it is best to treat it so your babes are in good shape at birth. I passed at 28w but think I developed it later as mine all had blood sugar issues when they were born and had IVs in their little hands :(it was hard for me to see them like that. Again the things we do for our kiddos -- looking back this will be just another blimp on the radar!

AFM - love babes on a schedule -- boys are great (eating every 3hrs) And my overnight help arrived last night (phew!!) -- mamma needs to sleep!!! Sadly daughter had another brady/desaturation spell today so clock starts over +5 days. Really makes a difference which nurse is here -- how much attention she gets (she has more spells when she is left for long times in her bed...). It's frustrating but no way around it.

SMC (40)  TTC w/ donor swimmers since 2009, hypothyroid...  IVF#1 m/c trisomy 16 (10/19/12) 

IVF#2: BFP 2/11/13 This one really stuck. 

Mom to H, L, & G, triplets born 35+1 and growing like weeds! joy.gif

Old 10-02-2013, 05:04 PM

Sourire.. So happy your bed rest was successful!! That's just the best news smile.gif

Lilac.. It's funny measuring so big so fast -up until 30 weeks I measured spot on for my dates. This has been crazy and reasonably uncomfortable, but mainly if I have to get up or down. Just sitting is fine lol. Good luck with your daily needles - I've heard they're quite small if that helps, and you're right, after all the ivf injections it should be a piece of cake smile.gif anything to have healthy babies!

Happy.. Finishing the house has been an awesome distraction, but most of my work is sitting and directing everyone lol. This is the easiest nesting ever LOL

Guppy.. So glad to hear you have some help - there's sleep deprivation, then there's proper sleep starvation! What great schedules your boys have already - you are so lucky! Fingers crossed your little girl gets to join you guys soon too.

And after a bunch of violent braxton hicks yesterday I decided not to try to go into labour - omg I forgot how much it hurts lol! So no more spicy food and i think sex is back in the drawer for a bit longer hahaha.. Knowing that labour means another emergency csection is another good reason to just wait my last week out in peace smile.gif possibly this is the first time in my entire life I've exercised any patience at all smile.gif lol

I'm 39 and I have a lovely husband who is substantially younger, a unique 14 year old son from my first attempt at marriage.  I am a music snob and i have no fashion sense at all.  IVF Jan 2013 BFP joy.gif

Old 10-08-2013, 04:53 AM

Did my diabetes education yesterday. The only "earth shattering news" was that for gestational diabetes, I am not supposed to eat fruit or drink juice or milk at breakfast. I guess that is when pregnancy hormones mess the most with insulin. Basically they said eat dinner for breakfast. Carb counting is the other big thing, but I had been doing that already. 15 grams of carbohydrate is one carb exchange and my dietician gave me how many carb exchanges I am supposed to eat at each meal and snack. Learning how to take my blood sugar was a trying experience. It is a tiny needle of which I am thankful, but it still hurts. Thankfully my fasting blood sugar was well below the max value this morning it was an 86 when it is supposed to be less than 95. When I did my test for gestational diabetes, I had a fasting blood sugar of 96. Having to report twice weekly for the rest of the pregnancy is just an annoyance. Like I need another thing on my plate. That and I have to do my blood sugar fasting and one hour after breakfast, lunch, and supper.

Old 10-09-2013, 11:26 AM

Hi! I was just checking in to see if SUZIE MCCOOL had gone into labor!! Thinking about you McCool and how exciting it must be to be in this final stretch!! Yay!! Hoping you are still feeling well and doing well!! Sending many many blessings your way!!

Old 10-09-2013, 03:10 PM

Lilac - I hope all this extra stuff you are doing for your GD gives you 2 very healthy babies!

Guppy - I really hope your little girl improves and gets to come home in not too long.

Suzie - I hope you managed to avoid labour! Keep us posted.

AFM - it's been 1.5 weeks since my last ultrasound which is very nerve wracking since I'd gotten used to having one every week for a little while. My spotting has gradually decreased for the past week or so and now I think it has finally stopped in the past couple of days.

I saw the most beautiful double rainbow outside my house yesterday and thought to myself that it must be a good sign (since this is a rainbow baby after my miscarriage last May). So far I've been throwing up every morning like clockwork as soon as I get up. I feel super nauseated for the rest of the day but I had never actually thrown up at any other time of day... Until today. I had just finished drinking the most delicious raspberry banana smoothie when it all came right back up in a pink waterfall. Then I ate a banana and drank a glass of blueberry juice... The result: purple vomit! Now I'm starting to wonder if that rainbow I saw really meant I was going to barf every color of the rainbow... I'm eating carrots right now haha, I can't wait to see what orange vomit is like. I took an anti-nausea pill just now but it takes a few hours to work and I'm not convinced that I can make it through a few hours without losing the contents of my stomach so I may be kind of screwed.

I am supposed to go back to work tomorrow, there is really no reason for me to be on bedrest anymore now that the bleeding has stopped. However my nausea has been getting worse and worse every day and after the barf-fest I've been having today I'm convinced that there is NO WAY that I could make it through a day at the office. I told my boss I'm going to take some unpaid time off since I'm all out of vacation time and I'm not allowed any more sick leave without a doctor's note.

Old 10-09-2013, 08:09 PM

Sourire, sorry to hear you are vomiting so much but glad that vomiting as it is a good sign!

AFM, so far so good with the blood sugars today. I think I just need to count all carbs even in veggies and my protein sources otherwise I have blood sugars that are too high an hour after ward. Need to play around to find the right combination to not feel hungry doing that. Yesterday I wasn't hungry, but I also had 2 high sugars. I hope my babies gain weight because I am sure not eating as much food as I was.

Old 10-09-2013, 10:32 PM

Hey all smile.gif I'm still terribly pregnant but all set for tomorrow now - in exactly 24 hours I'll be in surgery - omg the anticipation is intense!! Loads of braxtons, cramps and colostrum, but fingers crossed we can hold out and have a nice straight forward c section lol. Measured 52 weeks on Tuesday, so really starting to feel uncomfortable, but the house is spotless, the bag is packed and I think I'm ready! Just occurred to me that I forgot how to wrap a baby, so I've been practising on Cookie Monster, and with his nappy and swaddling done, I feel way better prepared for the real thing. His arms and legs move when u squeeze him, so it's been a worthy practise!

Sourire.. Great move to take unpaid leave - u must be feeling pretty terrible and awesome at the same time. And I LOVE the rainbow, that's def a good sign smile.gif

Lilac.. Good luck with eating! My appetite has been really sporadic this whole pregnancy, so I know what it feels like to forget to eat as much as usual.

Happy hopeful.. Thanks for the check in smile.gif I feel so lucky to not go into labor yet, but I shouldn't speak too soon lol

Hope everyone is well and happy! I'll try to update as soon as I can when this enormous girl shows herself smile.gif

Old 10-10-2013, 04:08 AM

Suzie, Looking forward to good news when this little girl makes her appearance!

Old 10-10-2013, 09:06 AM

McCool- YAY!!! It sounds like you are truly ALL SET!! Wow, the anticipation in these last 24 hours must be so exciting!! I'm so happy for you! Can't wait to read the update!!

Old 10-10-2013, 08:06 PM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
privateeyes.gif Suzie, thinking of you!

Our little miracles are here!!joy.gif
energy.gif DD Born 7/15/11 biggrinbounce.gif DS Born 4/3/13
love.giflove.gif Keep growing healthy and strong, beautiful little fighter babies!!!

Auntie to Nell, Greta, Maggie, and Elsa!

Remembering our 3 losses

Old 10-10-2013, 08:10 PM
rcr

Thinking of you Suzie!!!

Moving past many years of infertility and always thinking of my friends in the infertility forums.

Old 10-10-2013, 08:23 PM

rcr, it makes my day to watch your ticker. Every time. love.gif

love.giflove.gif Keep growing healthy and strong, beautiful little fighter babies!!!

Remembering our 3 losses

Old 10-11-2013, 03:56 AM

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Sourire glad to hear things continue to go well!

suzie - thinking about you, can't wait for the good news!

Hi to everyone else!

Me: 34, DH: 36, DD born 7/25/10 After 4 years of trying and failed IVF treatments (missing my angels).  IVF/ICSI worked this time! DS born 1/8/13!

www.3hearts2hold1love-emms.blogspot.com

Old 10-12-2013, 01:09 PM
rcr

Tear - Thanks! That reminds me that I get to move up my ticker!!! That makes my day :love

Old 10-14-2013, 11:57 PM

Hey all :)  Baby Beth arrived on Friday at 4pm weighing a tiny 3.1 kilograms (about 7 pounds) and in perfect health.  We are so incredibly in love with her - the maternal instinct kicked in like crazy immediately and omg.. it's over whelming!  Got hit by the 4 day blues today and just burst into tears every time I looked at her... so embarrassing!  The hospital took some photos of her, which I planned on just having the free one... but when they showed me what they took I said "how much is it for all of them?" like a complete sucker, and spent $200 on the package LOL!  I'm usually not so easily sucked in hahahaha!  We went home on day 3 (yesterday) which felt a bit too soon, but I'm managing without pain relief and breast feeding is going well, so I guess they wanted my bed for the next happy mama.  Here's a pic from the hospital in DH's hands... oh, I'm going to cry again.. LOL!!  Hope you all are happy and well - I'll pop in soon with what happened when we got home... yep, there's a story!

Old 10-15-2013, 03:53 AM

Congrats!!! She's beautiful!!! Looking forward to your story. I'm glad you're all doing well!

Remembering our 3 losses

Old 10-15-2013, 05:22 AM

Oh, Suzie, Baby Beth looks so peaceful. So glad that she arrived safely and appears to be in good health.

AFM, joined the YMCA last night so DH and I can go swimming. I need to exercise more to keep my gestational diabetes in check. Hope the exercise works and I don't need insulin. Some of my aftermeal blood sugars have been high. My morning fasting blood sugar is always fine.

Old 10-15-2013, 05:48 AM

Congrats Suzie, she is absolutely beautiful, I would of spent the 200 bucks too lol. Enjoy every minute of her cause you know how quick they grow!

Loving life with DH, DD-8/98lady.gif, & our miracle twins 12/4/10babyboy.gifbabygirl.gif after 3 IVF's and 3 yrs TTC

Old 10-15-2013, 09:21 AM

Congrats Suzie! What a beautiful little girl!

Old 10-15-2013, 10:16 AM

Suzy - she is lovely and so precious!!! I hope the baby blues let up for ya soon - those suck!! I'd totally have spent the $200 = so worth it. Congrats!

Cindy

Mama to my veggie girl hearts.gif(1/09) and my sweet rainbow baby rainbow1284.gif (9/12). 

Old 10-15-2013, 12:17 PM
rcr

Congrats Suzie!!! She is beautiful. Worth the wait!

Tags
Pregnancy
User Tag List