IVF Graduates thread!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 19Likes

#1 of 2772 Old 10-27-2011, 01:27 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Just wanted to start a thread for us who got their BFP after IVF :)

Mommy to our Twin Miracles babygirl.gifbabyboy.gif born on 29/1/12

#2 of 2772 Old 10-27-2011, 02:49 PM

Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)

Thanks for starting this thread, Keria!

I saw the perinatalogist (sp?) this morning and he said my cervix isn’t any shorter than when they saw me in the hospital. It’s shorter than they’d like, so I’m still on full bedrest but he doesn’t think I’m going to go into labor any time soon. In fact, he scheduled my followup for a MONTH from now. Holy batcakes! That’s awesome!

Liam is measuring 2 pounds 5 oz and Maisie is 2 pounds 2 oz and he said they are looking fantastic! They threw us all for a loop and switched sides on us. Liam has been on my right for the last 14 weeks. Well, when the sonographer checked, she said, “Um, your left baby (which should have been Maisie) has a penis…” At first I panicked thinking we had 2 boys, but then she checked the other side and there was Maisie’s hoohoo. So, they had completely switched sides. haha Silly babies! So, now I have no idea who might be kicking cause I had no idea they had switched in the last week and they may switch back.

The first 2 are Liam and the second 2 are Maisie

liam3D.png

Liamprofile.png

Maisie.png

Maisie2.png

Me: 33 PCOS Him: 33 vericocele
13 long years of TTC using various methods before the twins finally came - Too much history to list
IVF #1 11 weeks
IVF #2 Liam and Maisie (now 2 years old)
IVF #3 BFN and no frosties
IVF #4 BFP!!!! Twins again!

#3 of 2772 Old 10-27-2011, 03:27 PM

I love this idea Keria!!!!!  Good thinking!! Wonder why someone hasn't done this sooner!!!  Sending you all hug.gif's and comforting thoughts as you go through your pregnancy!!!

After 5 failed IUI's & 6 failed IVF's we threw in the towel w/ ART and then got a NATURAL miracle BFP! Hoping and praying it is finally our take home baby!  Mother to our twins boys in heaven -lost at 22.5wks on 6/20/09 and 1 other little angel in heaven.

Our Miracle has arrived... Caden James...

#4 of 2772 Old 10-27-2011, 03:33 PM - Thread Starter

Hey kewpie they are too cute did you figure out who do they look like DH says both our babies look like him ha , I'm glad you had a good appointment with your peri, will you be on bed rest till the end?

Funny about them switching sides I guess it's a good thing they are boy/girl so you know who is who,  I was wondering if my little boy flipped, he's always been breech but now I'm feeling kicks pretty high.  Now I wonder if they changed positions all together.

My next appointment is not until november 7 then I'll think we start doing more frequent visits. He is going to order the GD test and a bunch of other things then, I can't believe after all the needles I'm still scared of blood draws.

#5 of 2772 Old 10-27-2011, 06:44 PM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Oh yay, fun idea! Kewpie, great pics! They definitely have different profiles: how exciting to get a glimpse of what they look like. love.gif I had to laugh, because I searched ALL over the IVF thread looking for the u/s pics people were talking about, then I finally gave up and looked over here and voila! Keep baking those twinnies, you two! blowkiss.gif

Our little miracles are here!!joy.gif
energy.gif DD Born 7/15/11 biggrinbounce.gif DS Born 4/3/13
love.giflove.gif Keep growing healthy and strong, beautiful little fighter babies!!!

Auntie to Nell, Greta, Maggie, and Elsa!

Remembering our 3 losses

#6 of 2772 Old 10-28-2011, 03:28 AM

DH thinks Liam got my mouth.  He could see the 3D as they were doing it better than I could and the **** image we got doesn't show it well, so I have no idea yet.  Maisie loves to have her hands either in her mouth or on her forehead, so it's been difficult to get a good shot in the last 6 or so weeks, so it'll be a while. haha

I scheduled my long 3D session for the monday before thanksgiving (21st Nov) so hopefully they will cooperate that day.  I'll be taking my mom to that one with us and she is so excited.

I hope they look like either me or DH cause I have this irrational fear of embryos getting switched in the clinic.  Am I alone in worrying about this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keria View Post

Hey kewpie they are too cute did you figure out who do they look like DH says both our babies look like him ha , I'm glad you had a good appointment with your peri, will you be on bed rest till the end?

13 long years of TTC using various methods before the twins finally came - Too much history to list
IVF #1 11 weeks

#7 of 2772 Old 10-28-2011, 03:29 AM

haha sorry about that.  I had originally posted the pictures in that thread, but once Keria started this one, I deleted them and moved them here.  It felt more appropriate. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tear78 View Post

Oh yay, fun idea! Kewpie, great pics! They definitely have different profiles: how exciting to get a glimpse of what they look like. love.gif I had to laugh, because I searched ALL over the IVF thread looking for the u/s pics people were talking about, then I finally gave up and looked over here and voila! Keep baking those twinnies, you two! blowkiss.gif

IVF #1 11 weeks

#8 of 2772 Old 10-28-2011, 03:30 AM

I love this idea too.  I love keeping up with everyone after they get their BFPs.  I have no idea why no one thought of this sooner either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueyezz4 View Post

I love this idea Keria!!!!!  Good thinking!! Wonder why someone hasn't done this sooner!!!  Sending you all hug.gif's and comforting thoughts as you go through your pregnancy!!!

IVF #1 11 weeks

#9 of 2772 Old 10-28-2011, 06:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kewpie80 View Post

I hope they look like either me or DH cause I have this irrational fear of embryos getting switched in the clinic.  Am I alone in worrying about this?

Absolutely not alone. We had discussed this and both felt that our DD was ours, no matter whose genes she ended up having, but we were both very relieved to see obvious trades of my husband in her. I see things in her that could totally be me, but nothing blaring, and I still sometimes wonder, though there is NO question: this is our sweet, charming, perfect girl. She has copper red hair, which would come from me and not DH: I do have some red in my hair (though more blonde). I had never really thought about it before, but it is there. My Nana had copperish-brown hair, but it definitely surprised us. We had anticipated white-blonde hair for her since that's what we both had as kids. She has very fair skin like me, and there's something about her when her eyes are closed that we think is me. Hubby went in to check on her last night and whispered "she looks like you." It definitely made my heart swell.

love.giflove.gif Keep growing healthy and strong, beautiful little fighter babies!!!

Remembering our 3 losses

#10 of 2772 Old 10-28-2011, 06:18 AM - Thread Starter

I have the same fear!, especially since we had a third sac that in theory was our little boy's identical twin, my little boy is healthy and looks great so I wonder why his twin didn't develop. I know for sure that the person next to us was having 4 embryos transferred ( thin walls), so it makes me wonder. I joke with DH that either way we'll love them and then we'll sue the clinic for millions and we'll never have to work again. But I'm pretty sure they are ours they actually put the video in your room when they are taking them from the petri dish and they were only two and the dish had my name on it.

Tear great to see you How is your little girl? did you went back to work already?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kewpie80 View Post

DH thinks Liam got my mouth.  He could see the 3D as they were doing it better than I could and the **** image we got doesn't show it well, so I have no idea yet.  Maisie loves to have her hands either in her mouth or on her forehead, so it's been difficult to get a good shot in the last 6 or so weeks, so it'll be a while. haha

I scheduled my long 3D session for the monday before thanksgiving (21st Nov) so hopefully they will cooperate that day.  I'll be taking my mom to that one with us and she is so excited.

#11 of 2772 Old 10-28-2011, 07:02 AM
rcr

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Hi All. Just found out about this thread. Subbing. I love keeping up with you all.

Mom to DS 12/07 and DD 11/13, plus a bunch of chickens, dogs, and cats.

Moving past many years of infertility and always thinking of my friends in the infertility forums.

#12 of 2772 Old 10-28-2011, 10:29 AM

Hi ladies, I hope you don't mind my joining! I'm definitely going to be stalking the ladies on the other thread (and continue to respond to them!) but just in case anyone is sensitive about it, I'll post about the pregnancy here!

I always wondered about how it was possible they mixed up the embies in those high profile cases. At every step, they make us repeat our social security numbers, check the paperwork and jump through hoops in order to have something transferred. I love it, mind you. But then i hear about a wrong transfer and I wonder...huh, how did that happen?? I am with you, Keria...haha while I will love the baby unconditionally, i would still sue the clinic!

Kewpie, how are you feeling? there are more images!! i love how you see Maisie's arm moving towards her head!! (haha i hope that's Maisie!)

Keria, so with you about the blood draws...I think that if you don't get a good phlebotomist, it can REALLY hurt. I can't even stand to watch them draw the blood. And i always clench my fists so they end up telling me to relax.

Speaking of blood draws, I got my second one today. My first one, on 12dpt, was 1838IU/L. This one, 14dpt, was 4690IU/L. Thank goodness it's going up!! And doubling! This is good, right? :o) 11/7 I'm going in for my first US because the clinic needs to make sure that it's viable so they can put it into their success records, I'm sure :o) Now I'm nervous about that one!!!

I can't believe my HCG is so high and my nipples don't hurt as much. I am exhausted though. I am so excited about this score but i'm still really worried about the next steps. Any advice about how to handle the worry?

thank you!!!

Attempted induction at 38 weeks; ended up with a c-section.

In love with my baby boy Colin and baby girl Sienna!

love.gif

#13 of 2772 Old 10-28-2011, 11:46 AM

renavoo - Yup, that one's Maisie. :)

NICE beta numbers!!!!  That is so awesome!! And yes, VERY good!!! I should add a few more exclamation points!!!!

As for the worry, I'm still trying to figure that out. Just take it one day at a time is all I can say.  Time will always move forward.

Keria - haha yeah, I'd probably sue the clinic as well. That's a big deal!  Our clinic made us repeat everything and had them color coded as well as my name and history number, so it's unlikely.  I'll feel better once I can see some resemblance, though.  

IVF #1 11 weeks

#14 of 2772 Old 10-28-2011, 11:48 AM - Thread Starter

Hi Rena Welcome!, great news on the good number how many dpo are you again? my 19 dpo number was 3000 something,

I can't help you with the worry, except maybe keep yourself busy as much as you can. I also got a doppler at 9 weeks and hearing the heartbeats was very reassuring but you still have to wait a bit for that. In some ways the days are endless especially at the beginning but time flies, I can't believe I'm already at 23 weeks.

#15 of 2772 Old 10-28-2011, 06:09 PM

Just have a moment and wanted to add that you worry about them once they come out, too. redface.gif I try to push out the worries with positive images and thoughts. I really struggled with PP anxiety and that helped (is helping) me a lot.

Renavoo, awesome numbers!!!

Remembering our 3 losses

#16 of 2772 Old 10-29-2011, 01:06 AM

Hi everyone! thanks for the encouragement! haha DH and i said that we'll stop worrying about the pregnancy when the baby gets to the point that he/she can survive outside the womb. Until then, I'm a porcelain doll. ;o) although I did just get the ok to go back to the gym and do some light elliptical workouts. i just want to get the blood flowing a little.

Tear, so funny! it's true, we'll never stop worrying again, will we. I must remind my mom how lucky she is to have such a easy daughter as myself winky.gif haha it really is amazing how I feel closer to my mom ever since even starting to try. Although she didn't have any trouble conceiving my brother or me, just knowing that she worried that same as me brings us down to the same level. My mom was always my best friend but now, there's a deeper level of understanding.

Keria, the 4690iu/L number i got was for 19dpo too (thereabouts anyway) I will find out how everything looks initially on November 7th. That's when I go to an RE's office for my first scan. I think it'll probably be too early to hear the heartbeat but I'm hopeful we will be able to find out how many are in there and whether things are looking relatively healthy! On the 18th, I will be going to my first appointment with an OB. Hopefully that goes well too. Those are my two milestones.

Keria and Kewpie, how did you handle finding out that you're having twins? Did you and DHs have an initial panic attack? I was trying to think how I would feel  if I was told that I was having twins and I just don't know how I would react. Panicked seems to soft a word. haha I wouldn't mind having twins because if I did, then my family would be finished because DH and I really only wanted 2 children but the idea of taking care of two kids at once is scary, especially when we haven't had any experience at all before! Maybe I should babysit my newborn nephew...

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

love.gif

#17 of 2772 Old 10-29-2011, 04:07 AM

Renavoo - Nothing can prepare you for that moment when you see them on the screen for the first time.  We knew it was a possibility, but seeing it is a whole other thing.  At first, I felt ecstatic.  We want a large family and having 2 at once would get us closer that much faster.  After a few days, reality of the situation settled in and I felt very nervous.  There's the added cost (though, we do live very simply and don't go for all the "gear" that so many feel they need) but still, there is extra cost that you can't avoid, like car seats, beds, and clothing and food.  Then, there's the thought of taking care of 2 newborns and I worried especially about nights.  What if they choose opposite schedules for sleeping and eating?  Then I thought ahead a bit about 2 18 month olds running in opposite directions.  I wondered if I could handle it.

Until I passed quite a number of weeks, I worried a lot about vanishing twin syndrome or losing one (esdentially the same thing, but how the body deals with it is different). VTS is when one baby stops growing and is reabsorbed by either the mother or the surviving twin.  The other thing that can happen is just like a m/c but the surviving twin remains inside and is unaffected.  I forget the statistics, but it happens in a lot of multiple pregnancies.  My RE said it most often occurs before 6-8 weeks when most m/c happen, but it can happen at any time.  Later losses usually result in a loss of both babies.  I'm not trying to scare you, but it can happen and it's a good idea to be prepared for the possibility.

My SIL has a set of twins that are 2 years old right now.  I have gleaned a lot of information off of her.  She is pregnant with her fourth child right now (3/4 were IVF) She knows her stuff when it come to babies.  She told me that when one would want to eat, she woke the other and fed them both.  After about a month, they were on the same eating and sleeping schedule.  I plan to follow her advice.  She has a moby wrap and used that a lot to carry one of them and then she'd have the other on her hip.  This helped her wrangle them when they were out of the house.  As far as cost, I'm dealing with that by finding deals where I can (diapers.com had a sale recently on their britax car seats and I snagged them up) and I make a lot of things myself. (cloth diapers, crib sheets, blankets etc)  So, what I'm saying is that it will probably feel overwhelming and nerve wracking at first, but given time, you'll figure out what will work for you and the fear eases up.  At this point, I am very excited for them to come and I feel prepared.  I will probably have a few more moments of fear, but I think all new parents do.

ETA: My DH has been excited since the beginning and unless he's hiding it from me, he hasn't shown any signs of fear.

Have you scheduled your u/s yet?

IVF #1 11 weeks

#18 of 2772 Old 10-29-2011, 06:47 AM - Thread Starter

Rena I was scared at first, mostly because the health of the babies I was worried about prematurity and other complications with twin pregnancies, but I can safely say now that all those worries went away and I'm over the moon happy that we are having twins. Actually while the idea of triplets still terrifies me I kind of miss that one little guy that didn't develop ,we can still see him on the u/s next to our little boy and it always makes me wonder what if.

#19 of 2772 Old 10-29-2011, 10:35 AM

Thank you Kewpie and Keria for sharing your experiences. I'm not convinced I'm having twins (and i won't be convinced either way until the US) but I know that my hcg levels are higher than the general mean of the population. So, I'm open to the possibility although, my gosh, that would be something. Funny story: I was talking to my mom and I was telling her that my hcg levels were a little high and that may mean that I would have more than one baby. She was quiet and then said, that's impossible because we don't have a family history and neither does DH. She then tried to reason it out by saying, and you didn't take any drugs and... I cringed at that one. Mom doesn't know that we went through IVF because she probably wouldn't understand it. At least i didn't think she would understand it. haha i don't know if I just made a mistake not telling her!

Kewpie, it's so wonderful that you're able to go to your SIL for help! i'm sure it'll be invaluable when you're just starting out. And yes, I'm all about looking for sales too. haha i am that way with everything though so i guess this is just another excuse :o) As you were saying (and experiencing) i know that having a twin pregnancy is higher risk so I'm very concerned on that end but i would love to have twins, I think. Mostly so I don't have to think about going through IVF to have another baby after this one ;o)

Keria, i remember when you told us that the third little baby didn't develop :o( that really is sad. I didn't realize you could still see him on the US. it must still hurt a little. But then you see and feel your beautiful babies moving around. Life is such a miracle! But hug2.gif about your little lost, but loved, baby.

love.gif

#20 of 2772 Old 10-29-2011, 10:37 AM

Oh, i forgot, my RE wants me to go to get an US the week of 11/7. At first, I decided I wanted to go right on the 7th because I'm impatient. However, I'm not wondering if I should wait until mid week in hopes that I will hear the heart beat. What do you ladies think?

Thank you ladies for your guidance!!

love.gif

#21 of 2772 Old 10-30-2011, 08:34 AM - Thread Starter

Rena how far along will you be? I've heard people seeing the heartbeat as early as 5w5d, mine was a week later and we could see babies with their heartbeats.

We can only see the other little one because the doctor still looks for it to see if my body reabsorbed it at this point I don't think it will.

#22 of 2772 Old 10-30-2011, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keria View Post

Rena I was scared at first, mostly because the health of the babies I was worried about prematurity and other complications with twin pregnancies, but I can safely say now that all those worries went away and I'm over the moon happy that we are having twins. Actually while the idea of triplets still terrifies me I kind of miss that one little guy that didn't develop ,we can still see him on the u/s next to our little boy and it always makes me wonder what if.

DH and I were thrilled to see twins in there, though we then had to face the possible risks involved. Keria, what you described above is how I feel. In our first weeks after Anika was born we often looked at each other and said, imagine if there were TWO of them! bigeyes.gif But at the same time, I still get a little sad when I think about the idea, or see pictures of smiling twin babies, and wonder how it would have been. Our little Baby B stopped growing at around 9 weeks and you could still see the baby and sac on u/s by the end. There was definitely a scary time when we didn't know if my body would miscarry the twin and pose a risk to Anika, but that never happened. My OB couldn't find it after birth, and I really hope that the twin didn't end up in the part of the placenta that got taken for testing. We planted what was given back to us under a raspberry bush in our yard. DH and I both are just so happy that Anika is healthy and strong, and who knows if she would have had enough resources if the twin had made it, so we focus on that without regret. Sorry, this turned into a bum-out post. I just connected with how Keria feels about her triplet. For what it's worth, Baby B was a little behind in the first few weeks (though it caught up and passed Anika the last time we saw it alive). I think probably the fact that it was behind has something to do with it not growing beyond 9 weeks.

eta - Keria, I go back to work in two weeks. waaaah! redface.gif

Remembering our 3 losses

#23 of 2772 Old 10-30-2011, 11:00 AM

oh Tear, I'm sorry :o( I didn't know that you were going to have twins and I bet that must have been difficult :o( But it's so wonderful that you have your beautiful Anika with you there today. As for going back to work, ewwww! haha don't you wish you were independently wealthy so you could work only when you want to? That's a daily dream of mine. 

Keria, I'm right now 5 weeks. Still so early yet! I can't stop worrying and whenever I talk to my mom about it, i always tell her not to get excited because it's so early yet and anything can happen. The earliest i would get the US would be 11/7- the order is set to come in for an US anytime this week. So I don't know if I should go in the 7th because i'm impatient or if I should go in the 9th because it'll give it a little more time. i can't wait any later because I have work meetings the 10th and 11th so I won't have time to go in the morning! I'm leaning towards waiting till the 9th.

By the way, I'm curious...according to some sites, I'm going into my 6th week since I'm at 5 weeks +; others count it as I'm going into my 5th week. I'm so confused about what is right!!! How do you ladies count it?

Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend!

love.gif

#24 of 2772 Old 10-30-2011, 11:25 AM

Thanks, renavoo. hug2.gif And yes, I do routinely wish I was filthy rich so I could continue living like I do now, but without working except when I want to. lol... But I wouldn't trade the lifestyle we have now: I love it! smile.gif We're definitely minimalists at heart. I'd probably buy a Playstation 3, though. upsidedown.gif

As for the u/s, I was told that at 5 weeks to just expect to see a sac and a yolk sac inside, at 6 weeks to hope to see a fetal pole, and at 7 weeks to hope to see a heartbeat. So even if you delay to the 9th and don't see a heartbeat, don't worry!

And as for counting weeks, oh that was always confusing. I always counted myself in the lower of the two until the week was completed, but that's because I was feeling superstitious about it. lol... And also then I knew that I had definitely finished that milestone by then, if that makes sense. I think you can do whatever you want, though!

Remembering our 3 losses

#25 of 2772 Old 10-30-2011, 06:12 PM

I'm typing this one handed while laying on my side so forgive typos and weird stuff... lol.gif

Tear and Keria - I feel so badly about your lost twin and triplet.  That must have been/be so hard to see at each u/s.  

renavoo - I usually count down... so if I'm 16 weeks and 3 days, I just say 16 weeks.  Unless I'm the day before the next week (ex: 16w6d), and then I count up.  

When I had my u/s this pregnancy at 5w4d we saw sacs and what looked like the beginning of fetal poles, but no HBs. We went in again at 6w4d and 1 had a HB that was clearly visible, and the second had one that we had to work to find, but it was there. If it were me, I'd choose to go in at a later date.  When we had our u/s and saw sacs, but no HBs I was nervous for that week.  I would have rather waited, but we had it done early cause of the bleeding from the SCH. If you think you can keep calm, by all means go for the earlier one, though. winky.gif  

IVF #1 11 weeks

#26 of 2772 Old 10-30-2011, 06:14 PM

haha DON'T DO IT, TEAR!! We have a Playstation 3 and DH is currently playing with his friends. Battlestation something is the game, I think. If you buy it, you'll never tear yourself or DH away from it!! Just a warning. haha

love.gif

#27 of 2772 Old 10-30-2011, 06:49 PM - Thread Starter

Tear you are scaring me I'm going to have two of them lol. We are lucky to have tons of help but I'm sure we'll still be exhausted and sleep deprived the first few months. I've never drank coffee before but maybe I'll start then.

I remember about your little baby B, it's nice to know we have similar feelings about the little ones that didn't made it. I love the idea of planting what they gave you in the yard.  I think DH will think I'm crazy if i tell him I want to bring placentas  home. I hope you enjoy as much as possible the last two weeks home with your little one. From what I've seen the rich work 5 times as much  so be careful what you wish for lol.

Rena  I also like tear just say the lower week. I loved this calculator http://www.ivf.ca/fet5dayduedate.php. I think I would probably go on the 7th because I'm impatient but if you can wait a couple of more days to give your little ones some time to grow you should do it.

#28 of 2772 Old 10-31-2011, 09:25 AM

Hey ladies! Thanks for starting this thread. After the "warning" on the other one I wasn't sure where to post.

Renavoo - Our first ultrasound was unplanned at 4w5d because I was having some insane swelling from late onset hyperstim. They saw "two possible gestational sacs," but no heartbeats obviously. Then our next one was at 5w5d and we saw both heartbeats flickering on the US screen and could hear baby A's. Baby B has always been at the back of my uterus and harder to get to. Both were very slow so the tech said they had probably just started beating. In terms of week counting, in my mind and to family I say 16w1d for example. But for everyone else I'd just say 16w until I hit 17w0d on Sunday. Keeps it simpler. Some people ask how many months but I hate keeping track that way since it's not as accurate and I count each week (and day) as a milestone.

Keria and Kewpie - When did y'all feel the babies move for the first time? People keep asking me, but I don't think I've definitively felt anything yet. I wonder if it's supposed to happen earlier with twins? It would be a comfort to feel them, but my constant morning sickness is reassuring at least.

We're starting to think about fixing up the nursery. I don't want to do it too early, but I also don't want to get in a situation where I'm not able to be up and about and do it the way I want. We'll probably hold off on the cribs, etc. until December when I'll be 24w but I am looking at little things now. And thinking about diapers since we're planning on cloth after the newborn stage. It still seems like I'm "playing house" you know?

***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32*stork-boy.gifstork-boy.gif*36***40

#29 of 2772 Old 10-31-2011, 01:26 PM

bungalow - I *think* I felt some kicks at 14 weeks, but I know for sure I did at about 16 weeks.  I could hear them through the doppler as well as feel them, so I knew that was definitely what I was feeling.  Yep, you can feel twins sooner.  My OB said that they are easier to feel early because of the cramped quarters.  

I started on the nursery very early for the same reason you mentioned and I'm glad I did cause I was on modified bedrest by week 22 and strict bedrest at the end of my 23rd week.  A friend of mine is also pregnant with twins and she's a week behind me and went on bedrest exactly a week after I did.  It's not all done but the crib is up and the dresser is set up with early clothes and diapers.

A friend of mine is finished having kids and she brought over 6 large boxes of clothes and cloth diapers!  And as she was leaving she said that was just for 0-3 months.  She had 2 girls, so Maisie will be well dressed.  DH assures me that Liam won't care being a boy. orngtongue.gif We have picked up some cute clothes for him, we're just not swimming in stuff like we are for Maisie. 

If any of you all would like some girl stuff, I am very willing to mail you some if you pay for shipping.  Seriously!

IVF #1 11 weeks

#30 of 2772 Old 10-31-2011, 02:23 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Hi everyone, I've finally made it over to this thread!  It's been a crazy week, after the excitement on Friday of seeing the heartbeat on u/s and knowing that everything is looking good, and then the worry for my DS who has some kind of bug he's fighting.  So we are trying to make sure he is not getting dehydrated, and at the same time trying to get him to eat a little so that he keeps his strength up.  I'm confident that it's just a flu or cold bug, but still, it's so hard to see him not feeling good.

Anyway, I've just read through all of the posts, and I'm trying to remember what everyone has said.  One thing that sticks out for sure, is the discussion about the losses of the twin/triplet.  That must have been so hard to learn of that, and then, to continue to see the little one on u/s.  I think parenting is the hardest but most rewarding job in the world, and it really does start when they are in the womb, doesn't it.  hug.gif

About the counting of weeks... I am currently 8 weeks 1 day.  On Sunday I'll be 9 weeks, O days.  Depending on who asked me, I would say just that I'm 8 weeks, or I would give the weeks and days.  From what I've read, I could do as some women do, and say that I'm in my 9th week right now.  I guess it is a matter of preference for people.  I like saying the days with the weeks, because every day that goes by and I'm still carrying this little one, I'm feeling so happy and grateful that I want to acknowledge it.  It's like a huge milestone for me! 

I was wondering about getting a doppler... When I was pregnant with my DS, once the heartbeat could be heard through a stethoscope, I was content enough with that (my DH is a paramedic, so he has one and is up on that stuff)-- he would listen and tell me that he could hear the heartbeat, so it was really reassuring.  I only heard it a couple of times, since I have a moderate hearing loss and I don't have hearing aids, and it's so soft through the stethoscope.  However, with a doppler, DH asked me if it would cause me anxiety if I couldn't pick up a heartbeat all the time during the early weeks, if the baby moved, or if my placenta was in the front again... he knows me too well!    But, I'm thinking about it.  For those of you who have one, has it been a good purchase for you, and does it ever happen much that you have trouble locating the heartbeat?

I guess that's it for now... I hope you all have a wonderful day!

Me & DH ; DS (Aug 2010) ; DD1 (May 2012) ; DD2 (Nov 2013)

Tags
Pregnancy

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page