July 2012 anyone? - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-05-2011, 06:02 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I know it's "normal" to feel mild cramping early on..and I vaguely recall it with #2, but since I don't normally get cramps much during my periods, these just feel "heavy," if that makes sense. I haven't had any *pain*  really, and no spotting. I'm just whiny, I think. Is anyone else having crampy-uterus-is-coming-back-online feelings? 

I also got my first wave of nausea tonight. Brought back some unpleasant memories. ;)

~Rae
homebirthing, homeschooling, natural parenting, attached mama to  treehugger.gifDS1(3/05)  kid.gifDS2(3/08)   rainbow1284.gifboc.gifDD (12/12)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-05-2011, 06:11 PM

I am very crampy! But I was with both my girls. Im upset I dont have many other symptoms..funny as that sounds...

Old 11-05-2011, 06:22 PM

Hi everyone!

Just wanted to join as I am pregnant with my 2nd and due July 6th :)

We had been TTC for about 10 months and when i finally stopped charting and acting like a lunatic it seemed to happen.  I look foward to getting to know you all and hope that all our our little "apple seeds" grow into beautiful healthy babies!

Hi Mamaforever! :)

Stegenrae and blissedmama, I have the heavy crampy feeling as welll.  I had it w/ DD on and off along w/ some constant pressure on one side. 

Seems to be a lot of spotting going on...I had it a few days ago, just briefly but haven't seen it since...it is unnerving though!

superhero.gif33 yr old full time RN mom to two adorable girls...one is 3 yrs old and the other is 8 weeks old, met joy.gifDH while working together at the Humane Society and were married in 08. Huge fan of Hypnobirthing!  namaste.gif I like Natural Parentingcd.gifgoorganic.jpgthumbsup.gif and going with what feels right   Doing things my way this time...

Old 11-05-2011, 06:45 PM

Re: spotting...Some website that broke down development week by week included the info that for me (edd 7/12), the placenta is just starting to form and embed into the endometrium, and will continue to do so before being functional for the next two weeks. So our little parasites are burrowing in--and causing that 4-8 week spotting. ;) I don't recall spotting with #2, but I did with #1, freaked out, and got a bonus early u/s where we got to see the hb out of the deal. 

~Rae
homebirthing, homeschooling, natural parenting, attached mama to  treehugger.gifDS1(3/05)  kid.gifDS2(3/08)   rainbow1284.gifboc.gifDD (12/12)

Old 11-05-2011, 06:57 PM

I have the "heavy" uterus feeling too.  And mild cramping here and there throughout the day.  I figured it was just the uterus stretching.  I also get those funny little round ligament pulls if I move too quickly.

Happy wife and blessed mama to three sweet girlies chicken3.gif

Old 11-05-2011, 07:04 PM

I've been having that heavy feeling, too. I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one and for someone to give it a name! I've had a small amount of cramping, and a few pains to one side as well as my stomach muscles feeling a little sore and like a nervous tummy feeling....if that makes sense?

Thanks for the good luck wishes, ms.shell!

Doula, teacher, designer, maker. Living above the mangroves, looking out over the water in beautiful Aotearoa with my husband, our dear friends and a little grey cat.

Old 11-05-2011, 08:23 PM

First up, sorry if this is TMI (avert your eyes if need be!)...but I was wondering if any of you have noticed more mucus during this point in pregnancy? I've definitely been getting more creamy mucus than is normal for me, both in amount and frequency. 

Thanks!

Doula, teacher, designer, maker. Living above the mangroves, looking out over the water in beautiful Aotearoa with my husband, our dear friends and a little grey cat.

Old 11-05-2011, 09:00 PM

yep, rebekah, I have too.

~Rae

Old 11-05-2011, 09:44 PM

Lotion CM was one of my first symptoms, that and blue veins.  

upsidedown.gif Charlie~ partners.gif Married to my best friendheartbeat.gif 5/11 slingboy.gif Mama to my Teddy Bear Rainbow.gif 7/12  pos.gif Due with #2 stork-suprise.gif 6/14
Old 11-05-2011, 10:17 PM

Thanks for sharing, ha. Good to know! Although I guess pregnancy symptoms could still continue even if this has been a miscarriage, right? Really I just need to figure out a way to wait out these next few days and just go with what the ultrasound says. Apparently I'm not good at waiting!

Old 11-05-2011, 11:51 PM

Hi ladies.  :)

I got a + test this morning.  Very big surprise.  Had a m/c at 10 weeks between my 2 pregnancies, so won't be telling anyone for awhile yet.  Maybe at Thanksgiving.  Surprised, and excited!!!  (Amd since this is my first unplanne pregnancy, I honestly have no idea when I'm due!)

Leah coolshine.gif adoptionheart-1.gif homebirth.jpg

Hubby guitar.gif, ds (11) REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, adopted dd (10) notes2.gif, dd (6) dust.gif, dd (1) femalesling.GIF & 3 foster dd's wheelchair.gif upsidedown.gif diaper.gif  

Old 11-06-2011, 02:12 AM

I got a BFP yesterday at 11dpo. EDD is July 17. This is our third pregnancy and hopefully second child. My daughter will have just turned 3 when he/she is born. Feel tired, crampy, round ligament and some nausea. And soooo hungry! Off to have some cereal before bed. Looking forward to sharing the journey with you all.

AvasM - hope you get some info soon. Waiting for a scan is just torture.

Me, DH and DD born 6/24/09

neg.gifDue July 2012

Old 11-06-2011, 05:55 AM

Hi! Yes,I am pregnant too and due July 15th with our first! 

Old 11-06-2011, 06:03 AM

Hi! We are pregnant with our first and are due July 15th! I have peed on 3 different sticks and all are BFP!:)

Old 11-06-2011, 06:19 AM - Thread Starter

Any news on a social group yet?  I don't mind co-leading if it's needed.  And I don't care if it's open or closed. 

This is my second and already at 5 1/2 weeks I feel so different mentally.  I work FT (teaching), am opening a school, and have a 2.5 year old so I just don't have time to THINK about being pregnant!  It's like I get excited all over again every time I remember.

My round ligament stretching/soreness started too, I think I need to do more work on that this pregnancy.  Last time I felt so tight there, and my baby never descended.  At 42 weeks I went into labor and had a 70 hour homebirth, ending in a transfer to an amazing hospital for a c-section for true CPD.  That hospital has since closed, and my HB midwife and I are trying to plan how to get myself looser and this baby not so enormous and late!  I think there is a lot of yoga, physical therapy, chiro, and a healthy but not so protein heavy diet in my future!  (I did the brewer diet for my first and it was just too much protein). 

Old 11-06-2011, 10:30 AM

Hi all!

came over from the Nursing mommas TTC. Got a faint positive test few days ago, took another last night and its there but still faint. Started progesterone cream today. My 13 months old still nurses pretty regularly, so im sure that has something to with it to. Fingers crossed that this one sticks. 

Im up for co leading if we need more than one? not sure how this works. 

Hip Hippie Mamatreehugger.gif to Baylin & Evangélina hbac.gif and Wife to my sexy Frenchman Clément luxlove.gif living frugally green in the beautiful mountains of West Virginia. Expecting our newest French Fry July 2012!

***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36***Rainbow.gif

Old 11-06-2011, 10:33 AM

I sure feel re-assured hearing about other spotting stories..after a mc in july its terrifying! But today a feel a little more pregnant, it funny that I just want to puke! Well I say that now..

ms was aweful the last 2 times!

5w+4 days today!

Old 11-06-2011, 10:37 AM

I think we are just waiting for Cynthia to set up the group and then we will be ready to roll.  I am so looking forward to having our own space soon and getting to know everyone. Since this is my first I'm realizing how much I appreciate hearing from you all going through some of the same things I am right now.  

upsidedown.gif Charlie~ partners.gif Married to my best friendheartbeat.gif 5/11 slingboy.gif Mama to my Teddy Bear Rainbow.gif 7/12  pos.gif Due with #2 stork-suprise.gif 6/14
Old 11-06-2011, 11:13 AM

Know what's weird? I did a Yahoo DDC for ds1, but didn't really bother with anything for ds2 (I think I intro'd in that mdc DDC, but didn't really participate?). But now for dc3, I'm finding myself really excited to be part of another DDC. Maybe it's because I was TTC for 18 mos this time around...or that many of my friends are now finished making babies...?

~Rae

Old 11-06-2011, 11:25 AM

That sounds resonable to me. =) I'm I generally chatty person and I don't have many friends having babies atm. The ones that do aren't very natural/AP minded in general so it's comforting for me to have an online community.

The "groups" are new to me.  But a nice feature I'm realizing about them as apposed to the old way MDC did DDC is that it appears we keep our group for as long as we want to maintain it.  In the past they were eventually shut and archived.  Right?

Old 11-06-2011, 01:33 PM

^ From what I understand, yes that's what happened.  But I was never part of one of those, so I could be mistaken.

On a side note, I'm so excited to see that there are so many other ladies that share my EDD (July 4th)!  It'll be interesting to see how close to each other we actually deliver.

Wife to my best friend, mama to DD (6/29/12)

Old 11-06-2011, 03:52 PM

Altair - I teach full time, too and I'm exhausted already. I can only imagine how full on it must be with opening a school and having another wee one at home! It's interesting hearing about your previous pregnancy and what you're planning on doing to loosen up with this one, all good info for us first time mama's!

Old 11-06-2011, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeLittleBirds View Post

Hi all!

came over from the Nursing mommas TTC. Got a faint positive test few days ago, took another last night and its there but still faint. Started progesterone cream today. My 13 months old still nurses pretty regularly, so im sure that has something to with it to. Fingers crossed that this one sticks. 

Im up for co leading if we need more than one? not sure how this works. 

ThreeLittleBirds - I'm answering your posts from November BF TTC and here, and it's more just from my experiences and my discussions from my midwife - hopefully it helps your questions! I'm still nursing my 10 m/o at least 3/day and 3/night and I've had 3PPAF with typical LP of 8-9 days. I started spotting this last cycle at 8DPO and I thought it was AF coming back! However, the flow was ridiculously light/spotting, and so I held out some hope! At 12DPO I POAS and got a BFP (although not that dark). I called my midwife and she suggested starting progesterone to stop the spotting, and I read about it and basically came to the opinion that it can only help, not hurt, to get a sticky bean. Plus, from what I've read, with nursing, our bodies create prolactin (think pro-lactation) and this naturally suppresses progesterone (pro-gestation) - i.e. helping with NFP and child spacing. On 13 DPO I started progesterone and haven't spotted since. I waited to make sure I had another week of high temps and then POAS at 18DPO and got an immediate dark BFP. The pg tests check your levels of hcg, which I don't think has anything to do with progesterone levels. So, I guess I'd wait and take another test in a week and it should be really dark - and keep taking the progesterone! If you need to order some more, I took another mama's advice and purchased Progestelle - it's just coconut oil and natural progesterone from yams (and right now it's buy one get one free)!  Hopefully this helps and that progesterone helps with your sticky bean! On another note - LOVE your username. We sing that song to DS everyday!

AFM - Definitely feeling super tired! Has anyone else tandem nursed in this group? I really don't want DS to wean - not just for the nutritional value - but a part of me is a glutton for punishment and really wants to experience tandem nursing! Plus, I love nursing and so does DS (fingers crossed)! So happy someone else asked about the change in CF - I've been noticing it too and don't remember it as much this early on with pregnancy #1! However, DS was such a shock that we were pregnant (first cycle off the bcp) that everything seemed to be a blur.

Smells bring on the nausea... big time. At least my appetite has stayed up though - my cousin has such bad morning sickness early on that she can't eat anything but white carbspuke.gif. How about feeling bloated? Mamas who are on baby #2+ - do you feel like you show earlier after the first baby? I feel like I'm getting that baby pudge already and I haven't gained really any weight. I'm hoping to not tell any of our friends/extended family until Thanksgiving - if this keeps up that may prove to be difficult!

I can't find who mentioned they want a homebirth this time around - but if so, definitely read Ina May's Guide to Childbirth. I absolutely love that book and DH actually read it too (once he picked it up he was interested, but that took a lot of persuasion)!

When I started spotting (implantation spotting I think) I read a stat that said something like 1 in 3 women spot and most go on to have normal, healthy pregnancy's. So... don't worry about the spotting unless it gets heavy! thumbsup.gif 

Happy homebirthing, AP, Waldorf, wool-wearing, baby-wearing, cloth-diapering Mama. DS - 12/10, DD - 6/12 and expecting another bouncing bean Aug/Sept of 2014!
Old 11-06-2011, 04:08 PM

Just got a faint positive yesterday, and a darker positive this morning with first morning urine.  My LMP was Oct. 9th, so I guess I'm testing pretty early.  My cycles are an average of 30 days long, but can vary between 26-38 days, depending.  It's my 4th pregnancy, and I'm hoping for a sticky baby (haven't had any miscarriages, but it still worries me).  So far I'm MOODY and feel like I'm having major PMS and want to bleed so it will all go away...except I cant, LOL.  I've got no other symptoms except for mild fatigue and dizziness, but no nausea, and strangely no appetite either.  This baby does have a different father than my others, so maybe that has something to do with it? Who knows.  My expected due date is July 15th. 

Bethany, crunchy Christian mom to Destiny (11) Deanna (9), and Ethan (2)

Old 11-06-2011, 04:48 PM

WendyJo--I showed crazy-early with my 2nd...and I'm expecting the same with this one (#3). My first two were 3y2d apart--and I tandem nursed for over a year before ds1 weaned. ds2 has been weaned for a year already, though, so I won't be doing that this time around. I gotta say, I do NOT miss nursing while pregnant! In fact, with ds2's pregnancy, that was my first sign--totally icky discomfort while nursing ds1. I even had that for a few days before taking a hpt which yielded a BFN...took one a couple days later & had a line (which I knew because of the nursing discomfort, but no one believed me). 

I'm taking compounded progesterone sublingually--50mg in the am/50mg in the pm. I had my hcg/prog levels confirmed last week (I have historically low progesterone symptoms), and they were fine; doc ofc said I didn't need to supplement. But I have the progesterone on hand anyway, so decided I'd "help out" just a little bit JIC my natural level dropped for some reason. ;)

~Rae

Old 11-06-2011, 05:30 PM

Reagan - Thanks for the info! Today after dinner, my husband (in a funny and sweet way - not bad) said, "Suck it in, there's no way your belly is that big from dinner!" It makes me laugh - but we shall see...  How early is "crazy early"? Good to know on the progesterone too. I haven't read any negative side effects of taking it. Do you slowly taper off in the 13th week with it? As far as BFing goes - I've had a few moments like that... like "Oh, I can't wait until he stops nursing." It's almost an overwhelming, discomforting feeling... but then when he's done I don't feel it again for a while! Did you ever feel like your milk supply severly decreased? For now, we'll just keep-on-keepin-on!

Happy homebirthing, AP, Waldorf, wool-wearing, baby-wearing, cloth-diapering Mama. DS - 12/10, DD - 6/12 and expecting another bouncing bean Aug/Sept of 2014!
Old 11-06-2011, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WendyJo410 View Post

Reagan - Thanks for the info! Today after dinner, my husband (in a funny and sweet way - not bad) said, "Suck it in, there's no way your belly is that big from dinner!" It makes me laugh - but we shall see...  How early is "crazy early"? Good to know on the progesterone too. I haven't read any negative side effects of taking it. Do you slowly taper off in the 13th week with it? As far as BFing goes - I've had a few moments like that... like "Oh, I can't wait until he stops nursing." It's almost an overwhelming, discomforting feeling... but then when he's done I don't feel it again for a while! Did you ever feel like your milk supply severly decreased? For now, we'll just keep-on-keepin-on!

My ds1 was 2 1/2-3yo when I was pg, so he didn't nurse enough for me to notice if my supply had changed much. I'll also say I have oversupply issues, so it probably didn't even come close to going away. 

From what I understand--yes, I will taper--probably just cutting out 1/4 of my dose at a time for 4 days. The only real negative side effect is that progesterone can make your body hold onto a lost pregnancy longer than it would otherwise. Let's hope no one has to test that one, k?!

crazy-early...hm, probably had a pooch by 6w. A lot of that is bloating (hormones start slowing/changing digestion), but almost as much is probably because my abs were totally out of shape and there was no muscle tone "holding it in" naturally. :P At the time (July/Aug) it wasn't so bad because I could easily just wear dresses, skirts, or knit shorts. Now? Imma need some maternity pants or find a Bella Band right quick. ;)

~Rae

Old 11-06-2011, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Mamas who are on baby #2+ - do you feel like you show earlier after the first baby?

Yes, definitely.  It took me forever to show with my first...I was probably like 5 or 6 months before it was really, really noticeable.  With my second though I was in maternity clothes by 8/9ish weeks.  Now with this one, our third, I'm already at the can't-button-the-pants stage.  I know it's just bloat, but I really didn't expect to be doing the rubber-band around the jeans button thing this early.  I ordered a bellaband so I can wear my regular pants as long as possible.  I would be very happy to not show for awhile though.  I mean, I love having the pregnant belly, but I know it wouldn't be the best thing for my body.  I had umbilical hernia surgery after my second and I really don't want to rip that spot back open.  So, hopefully all my ab work over the last 3 years will kick in and keep this baby in tight.

Happy wife and blessed mama to three sweet girlies chicken3.gif

Old 11-06-2011, 07:29 PM

I don't feel like I showed to much earlier with my 2nd but I am already feeling bloated with this one. I wouldn't mind showing a little earlier. :)

WendyJo...My milk pretty much went away during my 2nd pg. I ended up weaning her at 16 months. For me, it's just not that comfortable and I hate to say it but I am looking forward to DD2 weaning during this pregnancy. Even though I am ready now, I hope she can make it through the winter to help with protection. 

I am feeling very sensitive to smells and tastes. I was really nauseous this morning which I guess is good but so hard to take care of 2 little ones when you don't feel well. The first trimester has always been the hardest for me.

Old 11-07-2011, 12:03 AM

OK ladies so I went to the ER tonight for pain that would not go away and was getting worse on my left side. Since I have previous experience with ectopic losing my right tube I was freaking out. Anyhow, went to the ER, urine, blood, then ultrasound. The tech found and measured a 1cm cyst on my right ovary and then a 4cm cysts on my left ovary (no wonder I was having pain)....the tubes could not been seen on ultrasound (nothing in them, thank goodness) then to the uterus, nice and thick lining with a perfect lil gestational sack measuring 4w4d and I am 4w3d...yeahhhh a huge sigh of relief right?!?!

Back to the room for a repeat of info, I thought, the doc comes in and says well your dates and levels are not matching up...WTH....your sack is measuring 5 weeks and your blood is only like a 2 week pregnancy (last time I checked 2 weeks pregnant is ovulation?!?) and I am not really sure where the pain is coming from....did I seriously have a different conversation and seeing  a cyst with my own two eyes?!?! I asked her what my blood level was and she said HCG was 105....umm that is RIGHT in the range of a normal 4-5 week pregnancy?!?! She goes on to say your dates may be off (um no been using FF for charting the last 4 months) or this may be a possible miscarriage.....OMG my ears turned off at this point, what a freak!!!! Did I mention that she did not mention the ginormous cyst on my left ovary or the smaller friend on my right...I did not want to get the tech in trouble so I just kept that piece of info to myself. 

Then she proceeds to tell me well things don't match up, take tylenol for pain and follow-up with an OB in 1 week for a repeat ultrasound and blood work...

I cannot believe there are ER Dr's trying to scare the CRAP out of people saying oh well its looks like a miscarriage. My cervix, umm closed, blood no where to be found....grrrrrrr

Did I mention I am sooooo relieved there is a perfect lil sack in my thick endometrial lining and my "good" tube is empty....still in pain but at least I can sleep knowing I have a huge corpus lutem cyst pumpin out the progestrone needed....

Wife for 11 amazing yrs, Mom to a son REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif(10), and three daughters loveeyes.gif (7),  love.gif(4),   energy.gif(3) hbac.gif, ..lost  angel.gif,(5) angel babies to early miscarriage....realizing we were not "finished" so we are expecting a lil BOY 1sttri.gif July 2012

Tags
Pregnancy
User Tag List