July 2012 anyone? - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#91 of 110 Old 11-07-2011, 12:34 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Oh no! Man, some people are so clueless. Thank goodness you had a good tech and were able to get decent info before seeing the DR, at least you can rest easy now and secretly it must have been a little exciting being able to have the scan and see that sack nestled in there!

We had a clueless nurse tell me my HCG results over the phone and she'd just assumed I'd miscarried because of them so started talking about d&c's, etc. She said it in the most clinical way, I was just dumbfounded. I think that sometimes medical professionals get so in their own heads and caught up with doing the same thing over and over that they forget there are real people on the other end!

Glad you're ok, mama!

Doula, teacher, designer, maker. Living above the mangroves, looking out over the water in beautiful Aotearoa with my husband, our dear friends and a little grey cat.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#92 of 110 Old 11-07-2011, 03:45 AM

mom2a4 - That's unbelievable! Luckily, you are educated and knowledgeable on how the female body really works. Congrats on having such a healthy lil fetus in there!

Rebekah - I agree with you - it's sad how caught up people can be in their day to day tasks and forget that they're dealing with real people and real emotions on the other end of the phone. I've always had a great family doctor, but once I moved, I felt like I was part of a cattle call. This is yet another reason why I am so overly happy with our homebirth/midwifery form of care. They come and spend an hour with me at each appointment (at least) and she's always available via email or phone if I need to talk to her. You definitely still sound like you're having pregnancy symptoms!

Reagan - Really looking forward to hanging out in here the next 9 months - you crack me up!

Samsmuffin - I showed relatively early (3-4 months) with my first and always measured ahead. The bellaband is a great invention! I just talked to DH today about making time for the elliptical when he comes home from work. I definitely want to try to stay in shape again this pregnancy. I was marathon training before I great pg with #1 and even though I'm back to prebaby weight (within a pound or two), things definitely did not firm up the way they used to be (will they ever firm up that much again)!? I'm thinking of bringing the kettlebell downstairs and just doing it throughout the day. We babywear pretty regularly still so when I put DS in the jogging stroller to try to get a short run in, he lasts about 15 minutes max... the child does not like being strapped in! I'm sure the work you put in will pay off. Stretching and yoga helped me so much with pg#1 and labor that I'm going to try to start doing that too... Haha - laughing at myself at all these grand plans I have!

Lovinlife - I've always been an overproducer, but I'm noticing now at bedtime I'm having to use both sides to nurse for him to be full and relax for sleep. I agree - hopefully my milk at least holds out through the winter. We haven't vax'd at all yet (still deciding on altered schedule or waiting for a few more years) and I always use the bf'ing excuse when people start asking questions!

AFM - My SIL and I had our first babies 9 weeks apart (her first) and we've gotten to be really close friends being mamas with baby's so close in age (and we live across the street from each other). She's still nursing her 13 m/o, and her first PPAF has not come yet. I know she desperately wants to be pregnant and not wean her LO. DH is from a big family and we all live w/in a mile of each other, so once one sibling knows, everyone will know. I'm anxious to tell her, because I don't want her to be sad (even though I'm sure it's natural) and I know she'll want to be happy for me! I already feel like I'm hiding something from her by not telling, but I don't want any of the other siblings to know yet. Any advice? Should I keep waiting a few more weeks and tell her or just tell her soon and ask her to be discrete about it?

Happy homebirthing, AP, Waldorf, wool-wearing, baby-wearing, cloth-diapering Mama. DS - 12/10, DD - 6/12 and expecting another bouncing bean Aug/Sept of 2014!
#93 of 110 Old 11-07-2011, 06:28 AM

Wendy- That makes sense, about the HCG and progesterone. I POAS this morning and the line was darker!!! WHEW!

I know im not out of the woods yet. Having had two previous miscarriages before, I never really feel like I am in the clear till week 12. I still try to stay positive and excited none the less!

I had a VBAC at home with my daughter a year ago, and it was the most amazing experience of my life. I am so very very excited at the chance to have another homebirth! This time around though my husband and I have already discussed having an unassisted homebirth. By that I dont mean unattended, i just mean unassisted. I want my midwife there (i work for her..so of course i want her there! lol) . But i would like the labor and delivery to be something Clement and the kids and I go through as a family. I want Clement to catch the baby. I wanted him to catch my daughter, but there were so many "cooks in the kitchen" I was overwhelmed and just wanted him there holding me (we had a midwife, assistants, doula, photographer, and my mom). This time I think just having the midwife come when we feel its time sounds good to me, this way I can just labor alone with my husband. Any one else here planning a homebirth?

Also, this time...i DO NOT want to find out the sex. We found out with my son and my daughter because my husband wanted to know. So dammit, this time im getting my way and not finding out!!! :)

To answer the question about showing early...i feel like I am bloated right now...thats all. I know I go through bloated stage, then it goes away, then BAM! Baby Belly! My belly popped out at 5 months with my son, then 3 months with my daughter. So we shall see this time. I figure since the first trimester bloated, yucky stage is during the cold weather I might just do dresses/skirts and tights. No point in feeling uncomfortable in jeans! I do have a Bella Band...but I really hated the damn thing when I was pregnant with my daughter. It rolled up alot.

(any news on starting a July 2012 group yet?)

Hip Hippie Mamatreehugger.gif to Baylin & Evangélina hbac.gif and Wife to my sexy Frenchman Clément luxlove.gif living frugally green in the beautiful mountains of West Virginia. Expecting our newest French Fry July 2012!

***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36***Rainbow.gif

#94 of 110 Old 11-07-2011, 09:20 AM
Administrator

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 112 Post(s)
#95 of 110 Old 11-07-2011, 09:20 AM

There is a July 2012 group in the Groups section now!  Thanks!!

Happy wife and blessed mama to three sweet girlies chicken3.gif

#96 of 110 Old 11-10-2011, 07:13 AM

Yeah, July 9th for me.  This is our 4th baby.  We have two boys and a girl and I have a strong feeling that this will be a boy.  We just told our kids last night.  They need to understand why I'm out of it sometimes and need their help with things :).  It's fun to have a little family surprise/secret all of our own.  Congratulations to everyone else here!

#97 of 110 Old 11-12-2011, 10:46 AM

I'm in with you!  Due with a big surprise 3rd sometime around July 11th.  Where is the Groups section?

Appalachian mountain woman, radical homemaker, homeschooler, childbirth educator, and doula loving her DH and three powerful little femmes. Deladis 8-4-05, Ivy 4-28-08, and Gweneth 7-21-12 HBA2C! hbac.gif  -  blogging.jpg ribboncesarean.gif

#98 of 110 Old 11-12-2011, 12:17 PM

Welcome & congrats eastkygirl! You can find our group here http://www.mothering.com/community/groups/show/15/july-2012-ddc :)

Doula, teacher, designer, maker. Living above the mangroves, looking out over the water in beautiful Aotearoa with my husband, our dear friends and a little grey cat.

#99 of 110 Old 11-13-2011, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2a4Rashelle View Post

LindyGirl would this be baby #5 for you? If so this is going to be #5 for me too...I am happy to see lots of large family momma's on here. I am nervous about what people will say being that we have 4 children...my hubby says oh who cares what people think, its about what we want. 

I'm expecting my 5th too! Total surprise! We thought we were done having kids, but deep down, I always knew there was someone else :-) So happy for my little miracle! I'm already in love.

#100 of 110 Old 11-19-2011, 02:53 AM

Hi all,

Found out yesterday that I am Due July 25 with baby #1 (possibly #s 1 and 2, IVF and transferred 2 embryos).

Mama to my twin butterfly boys, Alan and Bruce, who passed away at 22 weeks gestation (3/24/12): Forever in Our Hearts. Our rainbow baby girl, my little bud of Hope,  joined our butterfly boys and Grandma Jan 1/31/13 at 9 weeks gestation. Love you so much. Next step: triadadopt.jpg
#101 of 110 Old 11-21-2011, 01:42 PM

July 13th :)

#102 of 110 Old 11-21-2011, 01:57 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

I just found out today. Faint line. Having some cramping and spotting and I am hoping to get some sort of pregnancy symptoms soon even though I am only like 4.5 weeks. I had hyperemesis with DD#1 (stillborn at 38 weeks) and pretty strong ms with DD#2 who is 9 months now.

Anyone else with spotting being an obsessive wiper? I'm going to get a chapped yaya from checking so much!

belly.gif1***5****10****15****20****25****30****35heartbeat.gif***40babygirl.gif

#103 of 110 Old 11-21-2011, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarrahLily79 View Post

Hi everyone!

Just wanted to join as I am pregnant with my 2nd and due July 6th :)

We had been TTC for about 10 months and when i finally stopped charting and acting like a lunatic it seemed to happen.  I look foward to getting to know you all and hope that all our our little "apple seeds" grow into beautiful healthy babies!

Hi Mamaforever! :)

Stegenrae and blissedmama, I have the heavy crampy feeling as welll.  I had it w/ DD on and off along w/ some constant pressure on one side. 

Seems to be a lot of spotting going on...I had it a few days ago, just briefly but haven't seen it since...it is unnerving though!

Hi again Farrah! I am having some cramping and spotting too. I am a little nervous about it but I have had implantation spotting with cramps before and have never had a miscarriage so I am thinking it is ok still.

belly.gif1***5****10****15****20****25****30****35heartbeat.gif***40babygirl.gif

#104 of 110 Old 11-22-2011, 04:13 PM

I guess I am not going to be joining you girls. Had an early m/c today. Good luck everyone!

#105 of 110 Old 11-23-2011, 06:05 AM

I'm very sorry to hear that BaileyB. My thoughts are with you.

Mama to my twin butterfly boys, Alan and Bruce, who passed away at 22 weeks gestation (3/24/12): Forever in Our Hearts. Our rainbow baby girl, my little bud of Hope,  joined our butterfly boys and Grandma Jan 1/31/13 at 9 weeks gestation. Love you so much. Next step: triadadopt.jpg
#106 of 110 Old 11-27-2011, 07:34 PM

Got a positive about 2 wks ago. This bean is #3 and is a big surprise so not exactly sure on a due date. We're thinking mid-July but not sure. I go to the MW on Dec19th for bloodwork and then probably a dating ultrasound soon after that. 

Congrats, ladies!!

Mama to Dante (1/08) and Paul (7/10).twins.gif Wife to Allan.asl.gif

Missing Heaven Dec.9, 2011angel1.gif

"The Lord has done great things for us and we are filled with joy!" Psalm 126:3

#107 of 110 Old 11-27-2011, 08:12 PM

This will be my first. Due on July 10th. I'm so excited. I have my first midwife appointment this week, but we had an ultrasound last week and I got to see the little one, beating heart and all. <3

#108 of 110 Old 11-27-2011, 09:13 PM

Congrats to all the July mamas to be! Please join us in the July 2012 Due Date Club! http://www.mothering.com/community/f/17209/july-2012-ddc

Mama to five babies. The newest one made her debut 7.10.12!

#109 of 110 Old 11-29-2011, 06:56 AM

Hi all!

I am new to this site and very excited about it. My EDD is somewhere between July 8 - 21. Where can I find the July DDC?

#110 of 110 Old 11-30-2011, 09:42 AM

The post right above you shows the link. I'll repost it here though: http://www.mothering.com/community/f/17209/july-2012-ddc.

Tags
Pregnancy

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page