Where can I register for the most sweatshop-free and natural/organic baby goods - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 10-30-2011, 01:05 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I am finding a couple of things I like on each of about half a dozen different "natural" online baby stores, but I'm afraid if I go beyond one or two registries, things will get confusing and people will just go to Walmart and buy whatever they want.  I know there is that MyRegistry site, but it is so hard to use (as a buyer) that hardly anybody got my friend her registry items when she used it.

I had hoped to combine a big box store (such as Target) with a smaller store or website that would carry more of the things I want, but the big box stores really do carry hardly any products made in the U.S.  I'm feeling like I should give up and register for the Chinese stuff, even though I don't want to.

Do you have any suggestions for either category (sweatshop free OR natural/organic)?  Even if the store also carries a ton of sweatshop and non-organic products, it's fine.  I just need a good source.

#2 of 4 Old 10-30-2011, 03:52 PM

I don't know of any stores that carry a good selection of natural goods- but what we did was create a "registry" on pinterest. That way I added things from all sorts of different stores and websites. I also have a typical baby's r us registry, but all the natural stuff is on the pinterest one.

Monster's Registry

Doula mama, medic daddy and Tenley Harper born naturally 11/29/11 delayedvax.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#3 of 4 Old 10-30-2011, 05:55 PM

I love Amazon's universal wishlist option for this purpose. Many of the natural products are also available on amazon, and if not you can add anything from any other websites. 

Married to my favorite man in '07. Our firstborn came along in April 2012 (HBC), and our second is on the way, due sometime in May 2014 (planning an HBAC).
#4 of 4 Old 10-31-2011, 04:00 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks, guys!  The advantage of Amazon would be that people are familiar with it, and wouldn't think, "What's that?  I can't do that.  Where's the nearest Walmart?"  Caution, though:  I've used the wish list for myself (I would never "register" for Christmas or birthdays, but the term "wish list" makes it seem oh, so okay), and gotten duplicate presents because people didn't know to go back to Amazon from the external site to mark that they'd really bought it.

Tags
Pregnancy

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page