MarineWife (due 7/30) ~ Baby boy born July 25, 2011
Baby_Cakes (due 8/16) ~ Baby boy born August 16, 2011
MovingMomma (due 8/9) ~ Baby girl born August 18, 2011
akind1 (due 9/28) ~ Baby girl born
mom2one (due 10/23) ~ Baby boy born October 21

jeninejessica ~ 12/1
Kindermama ~ 1/6

Here is last month's thread:

http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1331734/october-2011-whatever-ladies-havin-babies

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

#2 of 277 Old 11-01-2011, 06:31 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

That tagging thing is strange indeed. 

Yeah, Nora was Belle from Beauty and the Beast.  I certainly wasn't aiming for her to choose a Disney Princess costume, but hey, along the theme of not getting to choose what our kids wear, this was what she wanted.  Tho, FTR, she wanted to be Lady Gaga and they didn't make a toddler size one.

Most of Nora's clothes ARE outfits, but she could care less.  She'd rather pair stripes and stripes, polka dots with polka dots.  So, you end up with very unmatchy stripes/dots!  No concept of pairing a pattern with a solid.

Oh, and she chose her costume completely - down to the shoes.  She had it in her mind she was going to wear her sketchers with her dress, and she knew how she wanted her hair.  I was basically there just to watch it all come together and pay.  LOL.

ETA - I forgot to post the pic I wanted to post!  Finally got DS's hazelwood necklace!

317785_10150900590845387_579845386_21527355_1724248478_n.jpg

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#3 of 277 Old 11-01-2011, 06:53 AM - Thread Starter

So cute! Which one did you get? I think I'm going to get D an amber one soon. He's drooling like crazy and chomping on everything. E got his first tooth at 4 months so D could get one soon.

I think doing that with Nora sounds like fun. That's really cool that she knew exactly what she wanted and how she wanted it.

I wouldn't have chosen superheros for my boys. I'd much rather than be animals or scary Halloween creatures like ghosts and vampires. But they like the superheros. I had originally gotten myself some sort of ghost costume. Then my mom suggested that I get D a superhero costume since the older boys were being superheros and it hit me that I should then be Wonder Woman because I am a wonder woman! winky.gif

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

#4 of 277 Old 11-01-2011, 07:05 AM

Indeed you are!

I ordered from Etsy from a seller called Bebe Cocotine.  I chose it b/c I really liked the blue and red beads.  Seemed more masculine.

Here's a closeup:

il_570xN.243337126.jpg

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#5 of 277 Old 11-01-2011, 07:16 AM - Thread Starter

i think i looked at those. it looks familiar.

#6 of 277 Old 11-01-2011, 09:06 AM

OMG - I am exhausted!! lol.gif  I have been following along the past couple days - but I just couldn't get around to responding. Oh, so much laundry I always have to do! I think I put away every piece of clothing in the house yesterday. I DID go through and confiscate all the summer clothes as well, so that shouldn't be to much of  problem anymore. 

I think halloween (the actual kid activities) should be moved to the last weekend of October. It is just tooooo much in the middle of the week! Ugh - I miss homeschool eyesroll.gif

So, this rescue remedy sounds awesome! I have never even heard of it......I did read online that you could use it topically, but it doesn't seem like it would work to well. I hate feeling sick to my tummy though.........

Love all the halloween costumes. I haven't dressed up for halloween since I was a kid. Just to busy getting the kids ready - LOL

I have been reading that book - the sample I got from kindle anyway - and I really like it. I think I am going to have to get it. 

Carrie - love the necklace! I do have an amber necklace for A - and although it didn't make her an amazingly happy baby OR completely stop drooling. She hasn't woken up for more than a feeding in the middle of the night since I got it. She was starting to be awake for an hour sometimes at night from teething pain. SO that is a definite plus.

caffix.gif wife and forever in love with J jammin.gif  - Mom to 4 girls K blahblah.gif '01' J energy.gif '06' M bouncy.gif '08' &  A drool.gif '11'  nocirc.gif  saynovax.gif

#7 of 277 Old 11-01-2011, 02:06 PM

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg125/akind1/4d54b9ed.jpg

Should be pic of Gabe in his costume. He had a blast! 

Norah is up to 9 lbs 2.5 oz! So big and squish! Posting from the phone; will do personals later.

Katrina - Mama to Gabriel  sleepytime.gif 11/20/2009 and Norah vbac.gif 10/11/2011- married to Wayne - geek.gif novaxnocirc.gifbfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifcd.gif&nbspand now new baby Theodore born 3/11/13 vbac.gif

#8 of 277 Old 11-01-2011, 02:18 PM - Thread Starter

OMG! That is so cute, Kat!

#9 of 277 Old 11-02-2011, 05:10 AM

Kat - so cute!!

So, this could be just coincidence but I think it's worth mentioning.  Since I put his necklace on, he hasn't been spitting up right away after nursing.  All I've seen since Monday is curdled stuff hours after eating.  And, this is huge, he has sweet milky breath.  It's not sour.  Isn't that something?  

On my own for the 2nd day in a row.  DH didn't get home from NYC until after 11 last night.  It was my first whole day/night alone putting both kids to bed.  There were tears, some mine, but we did ok I think.  DS went to sleep around 930, DD finally fell asleep around 10, and then I poured myself some much needed wine!  Round 2 today!  We'll see how we do, I suppose.  As long as they're alive, fed, and safe, everything else is bonus, right?  winky.gif

Oh - and as soon as I said something about DS'es head control, he started holding his head up during tummy time.  Ha!  LOL.

298448_10150901058200387_579845386_21531403_129836752_n.jpg

#10 of 277 Old 11-02-2011, 05:26 AM

Baby_Cakes, that's awesome that it sounds like the necklace is helping! I was going to comment on that pic when you posted it on FB that it looks like he has excellent head control. DD doesn't do that when I lay her on her tummy. She just does the stranded turtle thing and shrieks...hahaha!

akind1, love the costume!

MW, you guys were a great trick or treating group! One of my friends from high school went all out with her kids. She and her DH were slices of bread and their three kids were dressed up as lettuce, tomato and bacon...they were a BLT sandwich! So funny!

Annie wife v2.0 to DH and joyfully parenting DSS 18 jog.gif, DSD 15 knit.gif, DSD 14 banana.gif, DSS 12bikenew.gifand heart hero DD 2superhero.gif. angel1.gif 8/2010

#11 of 277 Old 11-02-2011, 05:42 AM

I love dressing up for halloween! didn't this year though. Next year, I think we want to be the Incredibles.

Thanks, I love it too! and the best part is I can take off the tie and put a bow for Norah when she fits into it!

carrie, coincidence or not, that is good news! and hope round 2 goes well.

Katrina - Mama to Gabriel  sleepytime.gif 11/20/2009 and Norah vbac.gif 10/11/2011- married to Wayne - geek.gif novaxnocirc.gifbfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifcd.gif&nbspand now new baby Theodore born 3/11/13 vbac.gif

#12 of 277 Old 11-02-2011, 07:20 AM - Thread Starter

Carrie ~ That's great that the necklace seems to be helping. I noticed a similar immediate change with D when I put his on. He started sleeping much better at night and taking longer naps. It's hard to say for sure if it's the necklace but it would be a really crazy coincidence if it weren't. I want to get a necklace for my dad for Christmas because he has awful GERD. I know he would never wear it, though, and would think I was crazy for getting hit for him. *sigh

I was going to comment on that photo on FB, too. He's definitely holding his head up. thumb.gif

Annie ~ Stranded turtle, haha! That's a great analogy. I love the family BLT. If I could sew and was creative enough to be able to figure out how to make my own costumes, I'd totally do something like that.

So, bedtime...I need help in that category, although there's probably nothing I can do right now that would make things better. Kellen does not settle down for bed. He goes and goes and goes like the Energizer Bunny until he suddenly crashes. Literally, he will be talking and squirming one moment and the next he's silent because he has suddenly fallen asleep. Ryan was the same way. That, obviously, makes it very difficult for me to get D to fall asleep. I seriously doubt the problem is that I'm expecting him to come to bed too early. We head to bed about 9 pm, do our bedtime stuff and lights go out so we can all go to sleep by 10 pm. I give K the option of playing in another room until he's ready to be quiet and still. Two things happen. Either he goes in the other room for a little bit, says he's ready to come to bed but still squirms and makes noise, or he refuses to go in another room but won't settle. After I while I lose my temper and tell him to just get out. Most of the time I'm just very stern about it but sometimes I yell if he doesn't do it. He tells me I'm mean. I feel mean. He looks sad.

I'm pretty sure it's because K wants more of my attention at that time. He can be pretty calm when I'm reading him a book or talking to him. I did that for a little bit last night while D was willing to lay next to us.

I don't know what other options I can give him. It would not be any better if I tried to put him to bed before D because he won't stay in the bed/room by himself and I don't want to get caught up in that kind of power struggle. Plus, I wouldn't be able to give him full attention because I'd still have D awake. Waiting for D to fall asleep doesn't work because I never know when that will be or how long it will take. Sometimes he falls asleep right at 9 and stays asleep. Sometimes he doesn't fall asleep until 11. Sometimes he falls asleep at 9 and then wakes up back up a few minutes later.

Anyway, thinking in terms of that book and maintaining self-control, I don't know what to do to solve the problem before it gets to the point where I am ordering Kellen out of the room.

#13 of 277 Old 11-02-2011, 07:44 AM

MW, sounds kind of strange to say it but have you asked K if he has any ideas on how to make it better? I might have a convo like this with him:

-K, I don't like it when I get so frustrated at bedtime and I know that you don't like it either. But we need to have things quiet so D can go to sleep and not keep us up all night. Do you have any ideas on how we can make this feel better for everyone? Maybe you and I could have quiet time together earlier and then you look at books and lay still while I'm getting D to sleep?

You may be surprised with what he comes up with. I know that when my stepkids were younger, we had to do separate bedtimes because together, they would just get wound up. Can E be "in charge" of D for 20 mins in a different room (but with the monitor on so you can hear if there's a problem) while you and K snuggle in bed and read some books? Would he lay in bed and listen to a book on cd on an ipod with headphones? Or listen to music?

Also, is it possible you are missing his natural sleepy window earlier in the evening and that's why he's so wound up when it's bedtime?

Annie wife v2.0 to DH and joyfully parenting DSS 18 jog.gif, DSD 15 knit.gif, DSD 14 banana.gif, DSS 12bikenew.gifand heart hero DD 2superhero.gif. angel1.gif 8/2010

#14 of 277 Old 11-02-2011, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineWife View Post

So, bedtime...I need help in that category, although there's probably nothing I can do right now that would make things better. Kellen does not settle down for bed. He goes and goes and goes like the Energizer Bunny until he suddenly crashes. Literally, he will be talking and squirming one moment and the next he's silent because he has suddenly fallen asleep. 

This is how Nora is, too.  Usually I have to tell her multiple times to stop moving around or to at least keep her legs still.

I put Finn to sleep first.  I know you guys all share the bed so that wouldn't work for you, but that's how I did it last night and how I'll do it tonight.  I nurse him down, get him in the swing, wait to make sure he's really out -- then tackle getting Nora in her bed.  She lays down easily.  But she's restless like Kellen.  We have to talk about our day, talk about tomorrow, sometimes sing.  When I'm too tired to really deal, I get snippy too, and feel mean.  I felt SO mean yesterday.  I raised my voice louder than I ever have before and scared her.  greensad.gif  Today is a new day though!  Going to try to stay in control!

#15 of 277 Old 11-02-2011, 08:10 AM - Thread Starter

yes, i have asked K if he knows why it's hard for him to settle and what he thinks we could do to help him with that. i get, "i don't know," which is fine. he probably doesn't know on a conscious level why he has so much energy. the only suggestion i got from him was to ask him to pinky promise. lol.gif i did that but he forgot so **** had to be reminded several times.

i doubt i'm missing an earlier sleepy time. 9 pm has been our regular bedtime from the beginning. when he was a baby, he would naturally fall asleep around 9. i remember because then E and i would get about an hour together.

i think if i tried to wait until D was asleep that might happen since it would be 11 pm or later. i can ask E to watch D while i do stuff with K. i don't think that will get him to sleep sooner, though. he's just a huge ball of energy that doesn't turn off until he crashes. i sort of did that last night. D was on the bed next to me content while i read books to K. as soon as we laid down and i was nursing D he started squirming and singing and whispering. he'll even sometimes just breathe really heavy to hear the sound.

E's over there quiet as can be. they aren't usually making each other hyper by then b/c E is ready to have quiet time.

Ryan was exactly the same way. by the time he was 3, i couldn't sleep with him anymore. we'd try but i'd always have to take him back to his room and make him stay there b/c he was so squirmy that i couldn't sleep. he'd go and go and go til he suddenly crashed, too.

#16 of 277 Old 11-02-2011, 10:17 AM

Ladies, I've just had a HUGE answer to my prayers regarding DD's childcare situation. I asked my HR dept to move me back to the call center so I could work nights and weekends and they agreed! Starting Monday, DD will only need to be at the babysitter's from 1:30-5:30 PM on Mondays and then 3:30-5:30 Tues-Thurs and I will be off on Fridays! So the majority of her care will be with either me or DH. This is a HUGE weight off of my mind. joy.gif

#17 of 277 Old 11-02-2011, 12:52 PM - Thread Starter

that is wonderful, Annie! joy.gif

#18 of 277 Old 11-02-2011, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post

Ladies, I've just had a HUGE answer to my prayers regarding DD's childcare situation. I asked my HR dept to move me back to the call center so I could work nights and weekends and they agreed! Starting Monday, DD will only need to be at the babysitter's from 1:30-5:30 PM on Mondays and then 3:30-5:30 Tues-Thurs and I will be off on Fridays! So the majority of her care will be with either me or DH. This is a HUGE weight off of my mind. joy.gif

OMGosh!!!  YAYAYAY!!  That is so huge, I'm so happy for you guys!!!

#19 of 277 Old 11-03-2011, 07:21 AM

Hi Ladies!

November already????  Man time flies!  I have been reading along but haven't had a chance to actually post since DS was born.  I think MW was asking for the birth date - it was October 21.  

So far he is a really good baby!  Content and quiet for the most part.  I hate to say too much though - as I told my mom sometimes it takes a couple of weeks before they turn on you! lol

Diaper changes are a bit different from the girls! lol we had a quite a few leaky days!  We were pointing it down too - but somehow he always manged to pee out the side of his diaper - the diaper would still be dry, but his clothes were wet! lol We just switched up a size in diapers and that seems to be helping.  We use spozies - not cloth. 

So DH got to name him since it was a boy - if he had been a girl I would have gotten to choose the name.  I have always wanted to name my little boy Phoenix, but he said that is a superhero's name and he wouldn't go for it.  So once he was born I asked him what he was going to name him and he said "I don't know - how about Phoenix?"  But I knew he didn't really want to name him that so I said no he could pick something he liked.  So for the first couple of days he was unnamed.  There were quite a few names we liked - and a lot that one of us liked, but not the other. I fell in love with the name Dax when babycakes used that for Finn's middle name - DH thought it was cute but thought that for a first name it should be longer - so he turned it into Daxton.  Then we needed a middle name.  my brother (who does not have kids and will not ever have kids - besides his step-son) has told me each time that I got pregnant that I should name a boy either Gabriel or Zachary.  I never really considered either name for some reason - I like both names but for some reason I just never thought of using the names, but for a middle name I liked it with Daxton, and DH again suggested Phoenix - we couldn't decide between the two so he is Daxton Gabriel Phoenix.  Apparently there is a character on one of the Star Trek's named Dax, so DH says we have Star Trek, the Bible and a superhero for names - we have all of our bases covered! lol 

I did write up my birth story for my sister in law who lives in Africa - if I get a chance I will post it later.  

So I am packing up all of my girl stuff and passing it on!  We have friends who just adopted a baby girl who is 1 so she will get the bigger stuff from DD2 and we have friends who are expecting in March so I will pass on the few little tiny things I have to them.  they don't know the sex of their baby - they couldn't tell from the ultrasound - I think they said the cord was in the way or something.

Annie - That is soooo good about your work!  So happy for you!

MW - DD2 is like that too - she can be jumping on the bed and talking talking talking and just so full of energy and I will say I go get a drink and when I get back she is sound asleep!  It must just be the way they are wired! lol  DD1 is not like that - she will lay in bed and look at books or just lay there quietly until she gradually falls asleep - sometimes it is even with the book still open on her lap!

Anyone else experience the baby blues?  I have had it with each pregnancy.  It sucks.  I do have more good days than bad now though - but the bad days are not fun.  I don't even answer the phone on days like this.  

DS is hungry gotta go!

SAHM to DD1 - 6 blahblah.gif, DD2- 3energy.gif,DS Oct 2011 babyboy.gif Wife to dh.   homeschool.giftoddler.gif  sleepytime.giffamilybed1.gif

#20 of 277 Old 11-03-2011, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by **mom2one** View Post

I fell in love with the name Dax when babycakes used that for Finn's middle name - DH thought it was cute but thought that for a first name it should be longer - so he turned it into Daxton.  Then we needed a middle name.  my brother (who does not have kids and will not ever have kids - besides his step-son) has told me each time that I got pregnant that I should name a boy either Gabriel or Zachary.  I never really considered either name for some reason - I like both names but for some reason I just never thought of using the names, but for a middle name I liked it with Daxton, and DH again suggested Phoenix - we couldn't decide between the two so he is Daxton Gabriel Phoenix.  Apparently there is a character on one of the Star Trek's named Dax, so DH says we have Star Trek, the Bible and a superhero for names - we have all of our bases covered! lol 

Anyone else experience the baby blues?  I have had it with each pregnancy.  It sucks.  I do have more good days than bad now though - but the bad days are not fun.  I don't even answer the phone on days like this.  

DS is hungry gotta go!

love.gif Aww!  I love that you named him Dax!  Yep - Dax is from DS9 (technically) but I didn't like, get it from there.  Just loved it from seeing it in a baby book.  I love your DSes full name, it's pretty awesome!!

I didn't have the blues this time at all.  I contribute that to taking placenta caps.  I had borderline PPD last time so coming through this time with no issues has been wonderful.  I'm sorry you're feeling a little down.  

hug2.gif

#21 of 277 Old 11-03-2011, 07:54 AM

Mom2one - sounds like good news all around! will you call little man Dax? - have to say I am partial to the name Gabriel myself :) glad he is good for you so far.(pray it continues!)

As for Baby blues, I don't really, but I think that has a lot to do with individual personalities - some are more prone to it than others. Now, I'm still emotional alot but it's like a hormonal emotional, not really blues-y

AnnieA - great news about work! love when things work out like that.

Norah is so good and easy - I hope it keeps up. she was fussy last night before bedtime, but I think it is partly gas, and partly me thinking she can't possibly still be hungry. (yet she continues to eat, the little piggy!) I think she is stocking up so she and I can get a good stretch of sleep. Not a bad thing, just means I am constantly nursing for the couple hours before bed. She's been waking around 3 a.m to eat, and again between 6 and 7. I really can't complain about that.

Oh, and a minor breakthrough for us, she's taking the paci, sometimes at least. I need her to have a way to soothe herself when I go back to work, and if she'll take the paci, it makes life a little easier for  DH, and may help in the car too. I think she'll eventually be a thumb sucker like DS, but she hasn't really found it yet. She will suck on her hands though.

How long did PP bleeding last for you all? Maybe because I'm doing too much, I still have days where I have some bleeding. But I may go a day without any. It's not major, just slightly more than what a pantyliner can handle. I bled for 4 weeks all together after my c-section, so not sure to expect more or less with this birth. I am hoping that since I'm with DD alot more this time that AF will hold off more than it did with DS. it returned at 4 months PP.

I need to see if the library has that book, it sounds really intriguing.

#22 of 277 Old 11-03-2011, 08:47 AM - Thread Starter

mom2one ~ Cool name!

I don't think I ever really had PPD, which is strange considering I have had clinical depression since I was 15. PP is one of the few times when I'm truly happy. The hormonal wackiness seems to have the opposite effect on me. I do have some sort of down days but not what I would call depression. I took placenta caps this time, too. Can't really say that they made a difference since I never really dealt with PPD before anyway.

Kat ~ I think my bleeding stopped completely during the 5th week. For weeks 3 and 4 I think I would go a few days with nothing or just a few drops and then it might pick up a little for a few days and alternate like that. I've been meaning to comment on how much you have been doing. You seem to always be on the go. That may make your bleeding last longer. Pay attention to it. If it gets heavy and/or you start to feel bad, you'll need to slow down.

And, remember, once you introduce a pacifier you cannot rely on LAM for BC even if AF does stay away.

#23 of 277 Old 11-03-2011, 09:00 AM

My bleeding lasted about 3 weeks, I'd say.  That 3rd week was so light though, some days I'd skip the liner.  I barely bled, it was wonderful!

DH still hasn't decided 100% about the vasectomy.  I think we're both sort of caught up on the "what if" if something happened to me (not like divorce, but like if I die or something horrible) and he remarries someone who wants their own baby.  And TBH, Finn is almost 12 weeks and we've DTD once.  So it's not like we're in a terrible rush to get things done, uknow?

#24 of 277 Old 11-03-2011, 09:15 AM - Thread Starter

I've told my dh something like that. What if something did happen to me or even if we got divorced, he may want children with someone else. He's much older so he doesn't see that ever happening. You never know, though. Men can make babies a lot longer than women can.

#25 of 277 Old 11-03-2011, 09:16 AM

mom2one, great name! And congrats on a sweet baby boy...I don't think I said anything before.

akind1, my bleeding stopped at about 4 weeks but then I got my first PPAF at 6w5d PP soooooo not much of  a break for me. :( Just started a new cycle. I haven't started temping yet but I'm pretty sure I'm ovulating now. The first two AFs may have been anovulatory but I had a patch of EWCF about 10 days before AF started this past cycle. Need to get a new battery for my therm and start temping.

I am still walking on air over my job change! The actual work is going to suck but I am beyond thrilled that I will be home with DD for most of the day. The situation at her babysitter's is just not good for her to be in all day long. She has not gained the weight she needs to gain while in her care. Plus she needs to keep her fluid levels up so her shunt doesn't clot up and she's just not getting enough for her dr or me to be comfortable. She'll still go over there for a couple of hours a day four days a week but 2 hrs is MUCH better than 9 hrs a day. Plus I won't miss so many work hours with her doctor appointments. I can just schedule them during the day when I already have off.

Missing 5 out of 7 bedtimes per week is not going to be fun but I think it will be good for DD and DH to have that special time together. Right now, when we are home, I do 90+% of DD's care. So since DH will be home by himself with her, he will be forced to do her evening routine. And I will get to be with her during the day doing lots of fun stuff. 

I'm going to start doing parttime EC. DD has pretty consistent bathroom habits now so I think it will be pretty easy to do catches while we are home during the day at least.

Does anyone use a bumbo? I've always been opposed to them but DD wants to sit up and be part of the group but she doesn't have the stomach muscles yet to do that. I was thinking she might like to sit in the bumbo some?

#26 of 277 Old 11-03-2011, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post

Does anyone use a bumbo? I've always been opposed to them but DD wants to sit up and be part of the group but she doesn't have the stomach muscles yet to do that. I was thinking she might like to sit in the bumbo some?

We do!  Finn likes it.  I feel like for 5-10 min he gets a different perspective, and my arms get a rest.  He's so over reclining if he isn't going to sleep, so his bouncy seat is starting to frustrate him.  I sit with him when he's in the Bumbo and play with him -- shake a toy, etc.  Today he's really starting to reach for things, willing his hands and arms to go where he wants them to!  It's so amazing!!

#27 of 277 Old 11-03-2011, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_Cakes View Post

We do!  Finn likes it.  I feel like for 5-10 min he gets a different perspective, and my arms get a rest.  He's so over reclining if he isn't going to sleep, so his bouncy seat is starting to frustrate him.  I sit with him when he's in the Bumbo and play with him -- shake a toy, etc.  Today he's really starting to reach for things, willing his hands and arms to go where he wants them to!  It's so amazing!!

Last night, I had DD in the Rock and Play thing and she kept trying to sit up and then she would get frustrated! I def wouldn't be putting her on the counter or the table or anything but having her on the floor getting a different perspective like you say might be good. Off to craigslist to see if I can find a good deal!

#28 of 277 Old 11-03-2011, 09:35 AM

Kat - Yeah I think we will call him Dax.  Isn't it great to have an easy baby???  Daxton is fairly easy too.  Compared to the girls anyway.  But I wonder if it has to do with me - I am so much more relaxed with everything - kind of like been there done that kind of thing.  I was saying that to Dh last night too - with your first you feel like you "have" to do everything "they" tell you even when it doesn't seem to be working!  For ex the "back to sleep" thing with DD 1 I was terrified to let her sleep any other way - but once she was rolling over on her own she NEVER slept on her back and she slept a lot better - with DS he sleeps mostly on his side and seems to sleep so much better that way.  SO I think that we are more relaxed with them which makes them more relaxed.  For pp bleeding - I am still bleeding (13 days), but like others have said some days it is very minimal and then I will have a day of heavier - and I have noticed that the more I do, the more I bleed.  

Carrie - I think it was you that were saying that you thought you had a prolapsed uterus or something like that.  I wonder if I have something similar - it feels like I have a tampon in - but it's not quite in there right.  I think that is what you had said you felt like too.  Did you get it checked and if so what did they say?

The V is a big decision to make!  For us I know that DH would not want any more kids even if something happened to me.  So if he decided to get it done that would be fine - me on the other hand I am not so sure.  I could see having more.  I could see having more with DH but he is DONE!!!! He was done at 2, but then accidents happen!  We are building on and it is quite a big addition to the house and he has joked saying - well we had one accident so I want to be sure that I have room for another accident!  

MW - hormones do strange things! lol My friend who is expecting has had problems with anxiety for years and the doctors said that the hormone changes might actually help that for her and she might not have to take her meds for it after the baby is born.  It might regulate her system some how. 

Oh - I have a friend who is trying to get started in photography and she wants to take some pics of Daxton for practice - she is getting all the equipment in the next week or so.  She wants to do the Anne Geddes style of pictures with him and then she has some ideas for pics of all the kids and even some family ones of all of us!  Best of all it is going to be FREE!!!  Since i didn't get them done while I was pregnant I am happy to get them now!

Oh - I have a sling for this baby - which I haven't had for my other two - they are AWESOME!!!!  I took the three kiddos grocery shopping the other day and it was perfect - he slept the whole time and if I needed something low DD1 was more than happy to help out.  DH was even using the sling the other night and he said how much he loved - and how much DS seemed to like it.

Better get some lunch while baby is sleeping!

SAHM to DD1 - 6 blahblah.gif, DD2- 3energy.gif,DS Oct 2011 babyboy.gif Wife to dh.   homeschool.giftoddler.gif  sleepytime.giffamilybed1.gif

#29 of 277 Old 11-03-2011, 09:41 AM - Thread Starter

I didn't know you could use a Bumbo so soon. I might have to get one. How long can you use it? My arms get very tried from holding D up all day long. He doesn't like to lay down or even recline much. He really likes to stand, which is even more tiring than holding him sitting up.

Can you get them at stores like Babies R Us or Target or do I have order it online?

#30 of 277 Old 11-03-2011, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineWife View Post

I didn't know you could use a Bumbo so soon. I might have to get one. How long can you use it? My arms get very tried from holding D up all day long. He doesn't like to lay down or even recline much. He really likes to stand, which is even more tiring than holding him sitting up.
Can you get them at stores like Babies R Us or Target or do I have order it online?

I've seen them in Target, not sure about BRU. The ones in Target may not be the Bumbo "brand" but they are basically the same thing. I've seen ones called Bebe pod, not sure if I saw them in Target or not. I'm looking online because I'm cheap and don't want to pay retail!

Tags
Pregnancy

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page