What are your favorite natural Pregnancy books? (not birth books) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 11-02-2011, 08:21 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I'm finding it incredibly difficult to find any good natural pregnancy books.  I already have

-Having a Baby Naturally (nice for first time parents)

-Dr. Sears Pregnancy Book (Loved it, but bored with it after 3 previous babies)

I want something that goes month by month through baby development in the womb, changes for the mother, things to expect and do, etc.  BUT on a more naturally minded level.

Everything I see on Amazon is mostly childbirth books, and I've got that covered.  I just want something new and different to read relating to pregnancy itself.

Any reccomendations?

Amy ~ SAHM to DS (9) DD (5) and DS (2) And  expecting a  stork-girl.gif  late May 2012!

homebirth.jpg  cd.gif  slingboy.gif  familybed1.gif  winner.jpg  novaxnocirc.gif  goorganic.jpg

#2 of 6 Old 11-03-2011, 08:17 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

I don't know if its exactly what you are looking for but Organic Pregnancy was pretty good

Loving wife to DH and buddamomimg1.pngmama to DD (11/08) and DS (2/12)

#3 of 6 Old 11-10-2011, 09:11 AM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

You might like meditation for pregancy by Michelle O'Neil.  It has week by week what's happing with the baby and mother, tips, mediation and a meditation cd, so a sort of week by week pregancy but without lots of picks of women giving birth on their back and scare stories about tests!

Missing my dh everyday candle.gif and hoping there is a brighter future for me out there

#4 of 6 Old 11-12-2011, 07:51 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I really like "The Whole Pregnancy Handbook" by Joel M Evans, MD, OB/GYN. " an obstetricians guide to integrating conventional and alternative medicine before, during, and after pregnancy. 

#5 of 6 Old 11-12-2011, 11:18 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I really liked this book. I had no choice but a hospital birth & this was particularly helpful for having a natural birth in the hospital. It's not a month by month however.

Surviving sleep deprivation one day at a time with dd (Oct '11) & ds (Oct '08).

#6 of 6 Old 11-12-2011, 04:31 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

The Natural Pregnancy Book by Aviva Jill Romm - not a month by month, but very comprehensive, lots of herbal recipes/natural solutions for all the usual and unusual pregnancy issues.  Most of the week by week books I have encountered are all pretty mainstream and my natural books just tend to talk about trimesters. So don't know if it is any help but the book by Romm is really good if you are into natural.

chicken3.gif Christian SAHM to DS 3/04, DS 1/06, and DD 1/09 and expecting a new little one in May 2012 selectivevax.gif  nocirc.gif 

Tags
Pregnancy

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page