The ONE Thread Graduates: November 2011 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-02-2011, 02:55 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

This thread is for members of the ONE thread from the Trying to Conceive forum. Some of you have started similar threads in the DDCs but this is an all-inclusive, cross-DDC thread. We have all made connections and friendships with ladies who got BFPs before or after us so this can be a central thread for us to catch up and for those on the other side of the One thread to keep up with us!

In bold, please tell me: Name, Due Date, how long it took you to conceive and what you went through to conceive, what "number" child this will be, and anything else you would like to add.

Members:

Due October 2011

13-Nicolian (Nicole), charted for 2 cycles, #3 (#4 for DH)

23-not_telling (Jess),  took 3 cycles, #2

Due November 2011

9-TalkToMeNow (Amanda), tried for 4 months, #4 (3rd pregnancy)

Due December 2011

11-Mummoth (Teresa), tried for 4 months (conceived on month "off!"), #3 (#1 for SO)

30-LadyScientist, conceived on the first "real" try, #1!

Due January 2012

25-MommyMatsumoto (Anna), tried for 15 months (tried vitex, soy, acupuncture, and leaving it up to DH!), #2

Writinglove, conceived the old-fashioned way in one month, #1

Due February 2012

19-OdinsMommy0409 (Laura), got pregnant on the second cycle after a chemical pregnancy, planning a HBAC with boy #2!

Due March 2012

28-tantylynn (Teesha), after 20 cycles (1st cycle of Clomid), #1 

Due April 2012

13-belacmsage (Bela),  26, tried 6 months with opks, fertility monitor, preseed, vitex, soy, b-6 and male fertility drugs too! Finally, left it up to DH to decide when to DTD, did it A LOT and got her BFP!

26-vivica2, tried for 1 1/2 years, went through 1 m/c, 4 rounds of clomid, progesterone, instead cups, bbt chart, soy isoflavones, and on and on and on.... can't wait to get fat and grumpy!  #3

Due May 2012

7-BubbleMa (Sarah), TTC for about 5 cycles (seems like much longer though).  We used a calendar to track fertility and DTD accordingly.  We also used Pre-Seed, and I took Maca, and EPO.  Baby #2 for me, #3 for So, our first together!

8-RenoKirbyButtrs (Jamie), got BFP on second month trying after 11 years! on BC, #1

11-km84, this will be our first

12-janellody (Janelle), #1, got her BFP on the first month trying after several months charting

Due June 2012

6-kylie1 (Kylie), pregnant after 11 months of straight trying, on-and-off trying for about three years or so, with acupuncture twice and lots and lots of charts!  #4 (#3 for her and #2 for him)

6-AndtheStars (Maria), expecting #2, trying for 3 months, NTNP for...shrug, who knows.

26-GradStudent13, expecting #1 after three months of trying

Due July 2012

9 - reelala (Sarah), trying for 3 months, Baby #1 for us, YAY!

12 - scowgirl (Jennifer), conceived on the 4th try using RRL tea, 100 mg B6, preseed and instead cups, #1, BFPChart2.gif 

12 - taurustheta, 3 cycles trying,  I have a DH and a 3.5-year-old delightful and strong-willed DD. I'm 38. We're American (me) and Canadian (DH) and both (DD) now living in South America, so it will be interesting to see what prenatal care, etc., are like here. 

25 - Deborah Kelly, TTC #1 for 9 months, BFP on 11/18/2011, we did IVF, I have endometriosis, Hashimoto's disease (antibodies against thyroid gland that results in hypothyroid) and diminished ovarian reserve, had a very scary retrieval but managed to retrieve and transfer 2 embryos, finding out 12/8 whether there's one or two babies.

joy.gifONE Thread Babies! joy.gif

2011:

July 14th - Kayden (LivingSky)

August 19th - Reed Adam (jillybeans)

October 4th - Jacob (ValH)

October 11th - Julia (yellowdart)

October 31st - Nicole (TTCChloeOrConnor)

Need an Update:

8/19-savah, conceived on 4th month (3rd temping), #2

9/11-LovingBaby (Elizabeth), took 7 months (charting, OV strips), #3

In Our Thoughts:

Gemmine

cygknit

Maria blahblah.gif, wife to A malesling.GIF, mama to DS M 8/09 2whistle.gif and DS L 6/12 biggrinbounce.gif

Everything will be ok in the end.  If it's not ok, then it's not the end - Paolo Coelho  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-02-2011, 02:55 PM - Thread Starter

New November Thread everyone!  Yay for babies!

Maria blahblah.gif, wife to A malesling.GIF, mama to DS M 8/09 2whistle.gif and DS L 6/12 biggrinbounce.gif

Everything will be ok in the end.  If it's not ok, then it's not the end - Paolo Coelho  

Old 11-02-2011, 03:50 PM

Thanks!! :)

Sarah, partner to J and mom to DD1 April 30th, 2002 and DD2 May 5th, 2012. love.gif

Old 11-02-2011, 04:07 PM

Yay for new thread! Now we need more Conner pictures to cute it up smile.gif

Married to my wonderful DH 5/2010, Mom to DS1 Kayden 7-14-2011 wild.gif and DS2 Jakob 8-29-2013 babyf.gif

Owned by Friesians and Drum Horses, plus the dogs, cats, rabbits and chickens

Old 11-02-2011, 04:46 PM

Thanks for the new thread!

Wife to Geof reading.gif (4/10), Mom to Connorbabyf.gif(7/14/10) and Cayleigh babygirl.gif (4/20/12). Living with Factor V Leiden (7/12).

Old 11-03-2011, 12:55 PM

Congrats, TTCCOC! What a gorgeous babe!

Dreamer, writer, wife, and mom to little guy baby.gif & my spirit babe candle.gif 

namaste.gif treehugger.gif goorganic.jpg whale.gifdog2.gifcat.gif

Old 11-03-2011, 10:34 PM

I can DEFINITELY manage some more pictures. ;-)

We came home this morning. Everything's just fallen into place. It's wonderful. DH is awesome. He's a natural. We're having some latching on issues, which I'm thinking is just because of the new environment because he did AWESOME at the hospital so I hope we fix that soon.

I've already lost 15 pounds. I put my wedding ring back on today for the first time in MONTHS. =D I was 194 on Friday, 191 on Monday, and I was 179 today. I'm interested to see how much more I lose once my legs/feet go back down to normal.

Okay, I'll quit boring you now. I'll leave you with some more of my kiddo. =D

Us:

320207_10150354647542919_666792918_8616200_802488329_n.jpg

Hospital picture:

304174_10150354650672919_666792918_8616207_1348325031_n.jpg

From my DH for all of my hard work:

390652_10150353088451105_642741104_8496470_1677361251_n.jpg

Last day in the hospital:

300315_10150352229111105_642741104_8493013_839844353_n.jpg

Last but not least, heading home!!!:

316293_10150389776231838_676416837_8570162_996295628_n.jpg

Me: read.gif, DH: jammin.gif, Two cat.gif, Two dog2.gif, DS: babyboy.gif (10/31/11), DD: babygirl.gif (9/17/13). blowkiss.gif

dizzy.gifcaffix.gifbiglaugh.giffaint.gif

broc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gif

Old 11-04-2011, 06:50 AM

Hi everyone! I am new here.

Name: Jennifer

Due Date: July 12, 2012

how long it took you to conceive and what you went through to conceive: We were lucky to conceive on our fourth cycle trying. I'm 35 and didn't want to lose a lot of time if I could avoid it, so this cycle went in with guns (sort of, I guess) blazin'... RRL tea in the first half of my cycle, 100 mg Vitamin B6, Preseed, used the Instead cups after BD.

what "number" child this will be: This would be #1.

anything else you would like to add: Here is my chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/37d75d/

I am excited to be here! TTCChloeorConner, your son is beautiful!

AAM (sorry in advance): I have been pretty anxious about this pregnancy so far (all 1 week of it). I got my first BFP last Saturday at 10 dpo, very faint line. I also spotted from 10-14 DPO. Lines generally continued pretty faint on FRERs (I had a couple more to use), although I did get a darker line on Sunday afternoon, and since then a couple of digital positives and a couple of Clearblue positives.

When I first started charting a few years back, I had a short luteal phase (8-9 days) and several days of spotting before AF. I was prescribed natural thyroid hormone at some point and that seemed to take care of the spotting, but LP was still short. I also had a hormone test a few months ago (that one that you do at a certain point in your cycle... I can't remember what DPO) and both progesterone and estrogen came back pretty low. I'm tempted to buy more FRERs and see if I get a darker line, but I have already spent so much on HPTs all told, it seems a little silly. Can't promise I won't stop at the Dollar Tree on the way home though. eyesroll.gif And all that despite the fact that I just had a blood draw this a.m. for progesterone and hCG.

I'm trying to strike some kind of balance here... I don't want to mentally "push" or get too invested in a pregnancy that is not meant to be. I feel a little guilty for even bringing up this concern to my doctor and getting the blood draw, because intellectually, I think it would probably be better if I just let everything run its course even if it ended up being a chemical. Then maybe I would know more about whatever my issue might be, and not be trying to force my body to keep a pregnancy that maybe it shouldn't. But it would just be so great if this would work out. My SIL and best friend are also pregnant right now, both due in May.

OK, all of that long and boring stuff to say... I'm nervous. The last 2 days I haven't spotted, but this morning my temp was back down to my post-O temps instead of the climb it had been on for a couple of days prior, so I bet I will spot again today, and anecdotally it just doesn't seem like a dip like that at this many DPO typically ends well greensad.gif. Really no symptoms so far... my boobs are a little sore (but generally get moreso as the day goes on), I feel like I look veiny but that's probably kind of subjective, and I might feel a tad queasy from time to time but no morning sickness. Lack of symptoms is also somewhat nervewracking. The one thing that makes me feel better right now is my mom just recently said she had an easy pregnancy with my brother at 35, and no m/s.

Enough out of me! If you made it this far, THANK YOU! blahblah.gif

Jennifer (35) read.gif jog.gif , DH (36) reading.gifbikenew.gif, and baby makes three: Welcome DD Evelyn, 7/16/12! baby.gif

Missing our beloved "soul mate kitty" rainbow1284.gifflowerkitty.gif (RIP 8/19/11) but enjoying our two new kitty-girls.

Old 11-04-2011, 07:27 AM

scowgirl - Welcome and congrats on your BFP! I think if you're worried, the blood draw is actually a good idea. If everything comes back normal, then you can relax a bit. And if not, then you'll know what you're dealing with. At this stage, there isn't anything you or the doctor can do that will change the outcome, so don't beat yourself up about "pushing" to keep the pregnancy. And, if it helps any, I had no morning sickness, no sore boobs, and my temp dropped at 18 DPO - and my DS arrived this past July with no problems smile.gif I will encourage you to stop taking your temp after a BFP because it just tends to stress people out - pregnant temperatures can fluctuate a LOT. Of course I wasn't able to take that advice either orngbiggrin.gif
Anyway I hope your blood draw results come back perfect!

Married to my wonderful DH 5/2010, Mom to DS1 Kayden 7-14-2011 wild.gif and DS2 Jakob 8-29-2013 babyf.gif

Old 11-04-2011, 07:30 AM

Oh! And TTCCoC - he is absolutely beautiful! I love the picture with the pumpkin. I totally miss it, when Kayden used to sleep like that all curled up like a frog. And your DH is a total sweetheart for getting you flowers! I hope your latch issue sorts itself out quickly.

Old 11-04-2011, 10:20 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LivingSky View Post

scowgirl - Welcome and congrats on your BFP! I think if you're worried, the blood draw is actually a good idea. If everything comes back normal, then you can relax a bit. And if not, then you'll know what you're dealing with. At this stage, there isn't anything you or the doctor can do that will change the outcome, so don't beat yourself up about "pushing" to keep the pregnancy. And, if it helps any, I had no morning sickness, no sore boobs, and my temp dropped at 18 DPO - and my DS arrived this past July with no problems smile.gif I will encourage you to stop taking your temp after a BFP because it just tends to stress people out - pregnant temperatures can fluctuate a LOT. Of course I wasn't able to take that advice either orngbiggrin.gif
Anyway I hope your blood draw results come back perfect!

Welcome scowgirl! And I second this... I have no idea what my temps were after my test, but I've joked that the baby controls the thermostat now. I'm all over the place, freezing then overheating, freezing again.... it's been like this the whole way through (I'm 35 weeks today) AND I'm 34 years old & am having a very easy/normal pregnancy so far.

TTCCorC~ He is so adorable!

~Teresa, raising DS (Jan. 02) and DD1 (Jun. 04) and DD2 (Dec. 11) with DH.

Old 11-05-2011, 09:55 AM - Thread Starter

TTCCOC, oh heartbeat.gif!  Please don't ever think that you can't post pictures everyday of the never-ending cuteness of your son.  And I have to ask, did your carpal tunnel go away yet?  I seem to be getting weird twinges in my hands and I'm afraid. 

scowgirl, Welcome!  All of your fears are totally normal.  I had spotting for about a week when I got my BFP and it scared the sh!t out of me.  When will you get back your hCG results?  I also wouldn't put too much stock in the darkness of the lines on hpts.  They can vary a lot.  You got a line, you're pregnant right now, just hold on to that.  And everyone is right, STOP TEMPING!  I didn't have many symptoms until 6 weeks or a little later.  Keep us updated!  I'll be sending good sticky vibes your way goodvibes.gif

AFM,  someone tell me that driving an hour each way to buy a doppler for $30 is stupid and I can just wait for my appointment in 12 days. 

Old 11-05-2011, 10:35 AM

AndTheStars: The pain left immediately. I no longer wear the splints. They still tingle, but they're definitely getting better. DON'T DRIVE AN HOUR EACH WAY TO GET A DOPPLER!

Me: read.gif, DH: jammin.gif, Two cat.gif, Two dog2.gif, DS: babyboy.gif (10/31/11), DD: babygirl.gif (9/17/13). blowkiss.gif

Old 11-07-2011, 07:37 AM

Thanks, everyone! I do feel better now after going several days without spotting. My beta hCG on Friday (16 DPO) was 98 and progesterone 15.3. I went back in today to get the re-draw. It's 72 hours instead of 48 because they weren't open on Sunday.

Still no symptoms to speak of (boobs tender, though not excruciating like some people have described... other than that, nothing other than being tired a lot), but it is sounding like that might be reasonably normal.

Mummoth and LivingSky--Thank you for the support and the advice not to temp. I appreciate it. I think it was that darn example in TCOYF that was like "So-and-so was alerted by a pattern of falling temperatures starting on Day 20 that she would likely miscarry soon." Of course my brain ignores the "pattern" part. So any drop in temp was putting me in freakout mode.

AndTheStars--did you get the Doppler or resist temptation? wink1.gif Thanks for reinforcing the plan not to temp also. I haven't taken my temp since Friday and I really do feel less stressed.

Thanks again! Looking forward to getting to know you all. blowkiss.gif

Jennifer (35) read.gif jog.gif , DH (36) reading.gifbikenew.gif, and baby makes three: Welcome DD Evelyn, 7/16/12! baby.gif

Missing our beloved "soul mate kitty" rainbow1284.gifflowerkitty.gif (RIP 8/19/11) but enjoying our two new kitty-girls.

Old 11-07-2011, 03:24 PM

TTCCOC OMG CUTENESS.  Seriously he is a little dream baby!

Andthestars DO NOY BUY THE DOPPLER (although I probably would so if you do I won't be upset)

Scowgirl ::hugs:: I totally understand where you're coming from.  See my update below.

I am freaking out a little bit because I had (TMI) some brown discharge when I wiped this morning.  I of course called my ob's office and they had me come in for a blood test wait wait waiting by the phone to hear what my levels are.  I am going back on Wednesday and Friday to check for doubling and then if all goes well they tell me an ultrasound next week.  Sorry to just dump that on all of you but besides DH and my mom I don't really want to tell anyone you know.  The good thing is that since this morning I have not had any more spotting or anything so crossing fingers and trying to stay relaxed.

me (30) and my prince charming (25) living happily ever after and expecting our first little nug baby.gif in june/july 2012

* * * 4 * * * 8 * * * 12 * * * 16 * * heartbeat.gif 20 * * * 24 * * * 28 * * * 32 * * * 36 * * * 40

Old 11-07-2011, 03:48 PM

I hope everything is okay reelala!

Sarah, partner to J and mom to DD1 April 30th, 2002 and DD2 May 5th, 2012. love.gif

Old 11-08-2011, 06:52 AM

reelala, hugs back atcha, I REALLY hope everything is OK. The fact that it stopped seems like a good sign, but I can only imagine it's nerve-wracking waiting for the results of the blood tests as the days pass this week. My best thoughts are with you! hug2.gif

AFM my doctor must not have been in yesterday, b/c I didn't hear the results of the second blood draw. Hopefully I'll hear something today.

Old 11-08-2011, 01:52 PM

OK, I'm sorry for the double post... I would post in my DDC (which is finally up! Yay!) but I feel more comfortable here for whatever reason.

Here are my bhCG and progesterone results so far:

11/4/11 (4w3d, 16 dpo): hCG 98, progesterone 15.3

11/8/11 (4w6d, 19 dpo): hCG 396, progesterone 12

Doc wants me to go in tomorrow so we will have more info on the progesterone.

I am really trying not to (if nothing else I know it's probably bad for me and the baby) but I am kind of freaking out over here. The hCG #'s seem OK to me but the progesterone dropping seems not good at all. OTOH my doctor is staying on top of it probably to the best extent possible, so I don't think there's much I can do. Any words of wisdom?

Thanks... om.gif

Old 11-08-2011, 10:04 PM

No time for personals, sorry. I just wanted to drop in to share this awesome picture I took earlier. I can't share it with the "real world" because people are stupid.

mail.google.com.jpg

He's straight chillin'. LOL 8 days old.

11 days ago, I weighed 194lbs. (49lb gain). Today, I weigh 161lbs!!! I've lost 33lbs and only have 16 more to go!!!

Old 11-09-2011, 08:02 PM - Thread Starter

Sorry to have been MIA.  Pregnancy brain is totally killing me.  I can't remember anything. 

TTCCOC, straight chillin is right.  If I got to lay around and drink milk all day, cuddled up to my mama, I'd look like that too.  :highfive for amazing weight loss!  (Note, why is there not a high five smilie?)

scowgirl, update?  How are you feeling?

reelala, so how did the first draw go? 

AFM, I did not go get the doppler.  Appointment is in 7 days now and I think I'm going to be able to hold out.  I also am on my second day of maternity pants.  Ahhhhhhh.  I'm letting my bloat rule the world.

Old 11-09-2011, 09:21 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

TTCCorC... that's so cute! Congrats on the weight loss, that must feel good!

I hope everyone else is doing well. 

AndtheStars... good job on holding out, lol! I just discovered that dopplers are available to buy here. I thought only professionals could get them... I'd have had a hard time resisting if I knew!

I'm 36 weeks on Friday, and I can't believe how big and uncomfortable I am! I have a feeling this baby is going to be my biggest... or maybe I just forgot what it's like.

~Teresa, raising DS (Jan. 02) and DD1 (Jun. 04) and DD2 (Dec. 11) with DH.

Old 11-09-2011, 09:32 PM

AndTheStars--yay for maternity pants and upcoming appointments! Hoping I get to the maternity clothes point eventually. The days are dragging so slowly at this point. I just know that at some point, if I am still pregnant, they will start flying by, though. :)

TTCCOC--He is definitely kickin' it. So cute!!

reelala--I hope all is well. Thinking of you.

AFM--Blood draw again this a.m., hCG went up to 1135 (so the progression has been 98, then 3 days later 398, then 2 days later 1135... that seems fine from what I have heard). They wouldn't tell me progesterone over the phone so I have to wait until tomorrow when hopefully my doc will email me. I still feel the same as always, and that is still making me nervous, but there's not a lot I can do about it. I know lack of symptoms doesn't necessarily mean anything, but I feel like I have read one too many accounts of women who knew something was wrong because they didn't have m/s. I did feel a bit better when I heard the hCG number.

My MIL is starting to ask who she can tell. We're like, "Nobody. Makes it easy to remember." :) For one thing, DH wants to tell relatives himself, and for another, I am not willing to have every cousin hear it through the grapevine at 5 weeks and then potentially have to untell them later.

Old 11-10-2011, 09:39 AM

Hey all, just graduated from the ONE thread and happy that I found you guys! AndtheStars, reelala, and scowgirl, great to see you. Everyone else, great to meet you. Here are my deets:

Due date: July 12, 2012

How long it took you to conceive: Three cycles.

Anything else: I have a DH and a 3.5-year-old delightful and strong-willed DD. I'm 38. We're American (me) and Canadian (DH) and both (DD) now living in South America, so it will be interesting to see what prenatal care, etc., are like here. 

scowgirl: I actually found this thread after searching for your user name because I was wondering how you were doing! So happy to see that you're hanging in there, despite the worry. If it helps ease your fears at all, I had no morning sickness and very few other symptoms when pregnant with my DD, and I'm having no morning sickness yet with this pregnancy, either...

TTCChloeOrConnor: Congratulations on your beautiful baby!!! I adore the chillin' shot.

AFM: As I wrote above, no morning sickness so far, but during the past week I've been absolutely exhausted (seems to be getting better). I also feel a bit bloated already, and my tight jeans are bothering me (not because I've already outgrown them or anything, but just because any pressure against my lower belly is bothersome).  

Sorry about the mixed formatting...I'm unable to fix it, for some reason.

Old 11-10-2011, 10:27 AM

I'm on my phone so quick update 

5w0d hcg: 3,000

5w2d hcg: 7,000

133% increase YAY!!!!!!!!!

me (30) and my prince charming (25) living happily ever after and expecting our first little nug baby.gif in june/july 2012

* * * 4 * * * 8 * * * 12 * * * 16 * * heartbeat.gif 20 * * * 24 * * * 28 * * * 32 * * * 36 * * * 40

Old 11-10-2011, 12:13 PM

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)

Oh hey, I didn't realize there was a thread here :)

km84- due May 11, this will be our first

So, Michelle Duggar just announced they're pregnant with their 20th kiddo, due in April. I'm in awe of that family - I don't agree with all of their lifestyle choices, but they seem to hold things together pretty well!

Mother to an adorable girl born May 2012, dealing with recurrent miscarriage.
Old 11-10-2011, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KM84 View Post

Oh hey, I didn't realize there was a thread here :)

km84- due May 11, this will be our first

So, Michelle Duggar just announced they're pregnant with their 20th kiddo, due in April. I'm in awe of that family - I don't agree with all of their lifestyle choices, but they seem to hold things together pretty well!

I really admire them.  Their children are all so kind and gentle hearted.  I think it's wonderful that they're just as excited for #20 as they probably were for #1!  :)

Oh, and TTCCOC, that picture is great!  :)

Old 11-10-2011, 06:30 PM

taurustheta--Yaaaay! Cycle buddies and now due date buddies (well, if I split the difference between FF's estimate of July 11 and my midwife's office's estimate of July 13, which is what I have been generally doing. orngbiggrin.gif ) Congratulations--it is great to see you. And thank you so much for thinking of me.

reelala--Woo hoo! Those look like fantastic numbers!

Apparently my progesterone on Wednesday was back to 15 (same as last Fri... it had gone down to 12 as of Monday). This still does not seem like a great number to me, but it's so hard to find anything concrete on the internet. I see posts by some women where they are being put on suppositories for levels of 20 and others not being treated for a 9. So I figure I'll trust my doctor's judgment (she says my numbers look good) and call her if I start spotting or anything like that. There's probably not a lot I can do anyway. Soooo... just trying to hang loose and allow it to sink in that I am pregnant. Getting a kick out of those online calendars that tell me when the baby will have limbs, when it is considered a fetus instead of an embryo, etc. etc. smile.gif

ETA: Pink spotting this morning. I guess I need to ask my doctor about it.

Old 11-12-2011, 11:12 AM

OK, I am sorry to apparently treat this thread as my own personal blog. smile.gif

I got another progesterone/bHCG blood draw yesterday--progesterone came back 8. My doctor wants to start me on suppositories. She said I needed 400 mg a day of cream until I could get the suppositories at the pharmacy on Monday, and I discovered I was out of the prescription stuff I used to use before I got pregnant, so I just slathered my body with an entire ounce of Emerita Pro-Gest. I guess it's kind of amusing if you stop to think about it. hCG was 2611, which more than doubled from Wednesday (1135) so I was happy to hear that.

Rant time. I apologize in advance. The midwife practice (which is affiliated with a major university hospital) was less than helpful when I asked them about the spotting I was having yesterday and my progesterone levels. Actually the first nurse I got on the phone was really kind and helpful... she took several minutes explaining to me all the things that could cause spotting, and to call them back if I got red blood or sharp/severe pain on one side or the other. She took down my progesterone and hCG results and said she would check with the midwife. Later a different nurse called me back with the midwife's response, which was basically "someone is monitoring her progesterone levels. She needs to take this up with whoever that is. She is only 5 weeks. We would not do an ultrasound." Nothing about the spotting, I never said anything about ultrasound so I'm not sure where that came from, and I would have liked if they would have at least offered an opinion about the pg levels. I realize they didn't order the tests, but it's not like I am doing them in my basement. They seem to have issues with any health care provider that is not in their university system. From my standpoint they have done essentially nothing so far. They go on the HPT result instead of ordering a blood test, I have a phone interview with a nurse in a couple of weeks, and I won't actually see the midwife until week 9. And really, this is all fine but I guess my beef is that I have never called them before except to set up these appointments, it's impossible to actually talk to the midwife, and they are still acting like I am wasting their time by calling with questions. Isn't that what you are supposed to do when you're pregnant?

Meanwhile my doctor has been emailing with me back and forth all week, called me late last night and then again this morning, actually listens to my concerns, and is generally being 100x more helpful than the people who are actually supposed to be supporting my pregnancy. I realize I'm probably being something of a hypochondriac, and they can't hold my hand 24/7, but it's still rubbing me the wrong way.

I am so sorry again for the length. It's hard to have these conversations in IRL because everyone either doesn't know, or seems to almost have the mentality that I am barely pregnant so nothing matters, or that I am worrying over nothing. And maybe I am, but it doesn't stop me from worrying.

Old 11-12-2011, 04:31 PM

Scowgirl, what a rollercoaster ride you're on. I'm been thinking of you today and hoping things smooth out soon. You're not being a hypochondriac-- anyone in your position would find spotting, etc., worrisome, regardless of knowing that it can be a common, normal thing during pregnancy! I'm so sorry you're going through all this and that the midwife practice isn't doing much to address your worries. Is your doctor an ob? Given how responsive and caring she seems to be, could you just stay with her practice throughout your pregnancy?

Old 11-13-2011, 09:47 AM

TTCCorC - your baby is beautiful and I am so excited to hear about the weight loss!!  I have already gained about 20 pounds at 14 weeks pregnant due to the fact that I need to keep something in my tummy or I feel sick...ugh.  So I am scared to see how much I will gain by the end =/  It makes me happy to see that you have lost so much so quickly!!  Are you doing anything different or just breastfeeding?

AFM, appointment tomorrow woohoo!  I love going in to see my doctor.. even if there is nothing significant to talk about (like I am sure it will be tomorrow) because it means I am that much closer!  And December 12th is my gender u/s appointment so once I get through this one it means I am that much closer to the next one!!!  So excited!

ME: 29 DH: 27 stillheart.gif Married for 3 years now.  Got my pos.gif August 31, 2011!  joy.gif Woohoo!!!

stork-boy.gif May 12, 2012 - Baby Deacon joined our family

Tags
Pregnancy
User Tag List