22 weeks with brown discharge - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 11-09-2011, 06:10 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I just wiped and discovered a small amount of brown bloody discharge. I never saw any blood in the previous pregnancy (until delivery day) or up until now in this one. I have never miscarried. I had an uneventful amnio 12 days ago (no bleeding, no bad cramping,,,). I have a routine midwife appt. scheduled tomorrow morning.

Google search is a mixed bag of whether to worry or not. I WAS inclined not to worry until I looked there. How likely is it the amnio caused this and it is harmless? Any compelling reason to phone the midwife and/or amnio doc to check on things today, rather than waiting for my appt. tomorrow/seeing how it goes today?

Thanks.

AP/SAHM to two under four

#2 of 6 Old 11-09-2011, 07:30 AM

Spotting during pregnancy is actually quite common, but I understand your concern since you haven't experienced it before.  Have you had sex recently or had any other contact with your cervix?  That could cause it.  Also, during my first pregnancy, I would always see spotting after a BM if I had to strain a little because blood vessels in my cervix would break with some strain.

If it's possible to see your mw today, then I say do it, if anything for the peace of mind and to lower your stress level when you find out that all is okay.

Hugs to you hug2.gif

Me (28), DH (31), DS1 (3), and brand new DS2 just born in Sept!

Will always remember our angel babies - Jan 2008 and Nov 2011

#3 of 6 Old 11-09-2011, 08:03 AM

I've been dealing with spotting throughout this pregnancy.  I know how totally scary it is!  Hugs to you. 

Are you feeling movement yet?  If the baby is moving around, that should help to reassure you.

My midwives have told me that brown discharge is nothing to worry about.  If there was an immediate problem, I would have actual bleeding... soaking through pads, etc...   From what you describe, I wouldn't worry.  Additionally, the main thing anyone can do at this point is wait to see if the bleeding gets heavier.  If you find that there is more blood, I'd call and ask to come in.  But otherwise, I think it's totally safe to wait to talk to your midwife tomorrow.

That said, if you are panicking you should totally go and see someone so you can get the reassurance you need. 

Good luck and keep us posted!

Partner to DH and mom to DD1 (3/2008) and DD2 (born 1/2012).
#4 of 6 Old 11-09-2011, 04:01 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you, both. I ended up calling both practices. One had NO concern; the other, only if it got worse etc.... And then I spent the entire day out with my son to keep me from self/Google-diagnosing. Just the teensiest bit of brown stuff showed up the rest of the day... like very slightly brown-tinged mucus. Hope this is the end of it and I am sorry you have both dealt with it, too.

#5 of 6 Old 11-10-2011, 06:54 PM

I hope your appt. this morning was reassuring!

Me (28), DH (31), DS1 (3), and brand new DS2 just born in Sept!

Will always remember our angel babies - Jan 2008 and Nov 2011

#6 of 6 Old 11-25-2011, 03:20 PM - Thread Starter

Oops. Sorry - haven't been on in a while, but it always seems good to update things for future readers!

Thank you, mamaforever. The appt. was, indeed, reassuring and now, 2 weeks later, I have had no more spotting and baby continues to practice gymnastics. Hopefully all is well. =)

Tags
Pregnancy

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page