Uterus Leaning to One Side - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 11-10-2011, 04:23 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
My uterus was retroverted, but after a c-section, it is tilted pretty far to the right side. Anyone else with a uterus tipped to one side?

Wife to DH, mama to bikenew.gif DD (7) ribboncesarean.gif, babyf.gif DS born 3/12 ribboncesarean.gif, and have had five early losses. angel1.gif
I have Stiff Person Syndrome and my other car is a candy apple red Rascal. Feel free to ask me about it. wheelchair.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 9 Old 11-11-2011, 01:25 PM - Thread Starter

Anyone? I can't be the only lopsided belly out there. smile.gif

Wife to DH, mama to bikenew.gif DD (7) ribboncesarean.gif, babyf.gif DS born 3/12 ribboncesarean.gif, and have had five early losses. angel1.gif
I have Stiff Person Syndrome and my other car is a candy apple red Rascal. Feel free to ask me about it. wheelchair.gif
#3 of 9 Old 11-11-2011, 01:43 PM

Mine was after each of my births. I just made sure to pee frequently and do uterine massage and it re-aligned itself. I haven't noticed it being lopsided during pregnancy, although all of my babies have favored my right side, which is the side it tilts to after birth.

Single Mama to five 6 and under!
#4 of 9 Old 11-11-2011, 02:17 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Mine tilts to the left. No idea why or if there's anything to do about it. *shrug* The only time I notice it is when I'm pregnant.

#5 of 9 Old 11-12-2011, 04:02 PM - Thread Starter

Did you have any issues with positioning when laboring time came? My only issue so far is that the right round ligament is tight, so I have to manually stretch it out sometimes.

Oh, and it looks a little strange if you know what to look for. My chiropractor noticed it without me saying anything. My shirts kind of twist the opposite direction, too. wink1.gif

#6 of 9 Old 11-13-2011, 08:48 AM

All of my babies have either been ROA or LOA, but my second was slightly asclyntic. That did cause a couple stalls and a more painful labor, but in the end she came out very easily in two pushes. During this pregnancy I've been going to a chiro (first time) and my baby seems to not be wedged on my right side as much. My whole pelvis was shifted to the right, so it makes sense why my babies seem to hang out over there more.

Single Mama to five 6 and under!
#7 of 9 Old 11-14-2011, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cameragirl View Post

Did you have any issues with positioning when laboring time came? My only issue so far is that the right round ligament is tight, so I have to manually stretch it out sometimes.
Oh, and it looks a little strange if you know what to look for. My chiropractor noticed it without me saying anything. My shirts kind of twist the opposite direction, too. wink1.gif

With my last birth, my midwife had my lay on my right side for a couple of hours (it was bedtime and time to try to sleep anyway), and that got baby to come down to where she needed to be. That's the only issue that it caused. Very easily dealt with.

I can also get mine to be more centered if I spend more time on my right side. That takes more stress off my ligaments and such. But I've also had lots of babies (pregnant with #6), so things are stretched out a little more than some. lol

#8 of 9 Old 11-14-2011, 01:29 PM - Thread Starter

I haven't had any luck with laying on my side yet. I try to lay on the opposite side as much as possible when I'm laying down, hoping that gravity will help. I think that having my pelvis adjusted helps, since the ligaments don't hurt much anymore. At the beginning of the 2nd trimester, it was pretty bad. I'd have to roll out of bed and hold my belly to move, because the shorter ligament is very short and tight.

#9 of 9 Old 11-16-2011, 03:07 PM

You might consider finding a good massage therapist who can break up any scar tissue that may have formed after your c-section. Adhesions could displace your uterus and cause other issues. Having scar tissue could cause problems with the baby's position as well as surgical problems should a c-section become necessary.

Fledgling midwife on hiatus, Wife to B, mama to C (c/s ribboncesarean.gif 12/04) and S hbac.gif (12/07), angel3.gif m/c (3/12) and expecting another bean 6/13 stork-suprise.gif.

Tags
Pregnancy

User Tag List