Preganancy Tea problems - Need alternatives please - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 11-21-2011, 01:33 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Pg tea makes me cough like a bandit. Like, uncontrollable retching cough. This happened w DD too, but I forgot about it (dunno how, it was awful.) I think it's the fennel that bothers me, bc I drank a straight fennel tea and same thing happened long ago. It makes my throat so dry....it's a huge pain! Anyone else have this? Also, I was wondering what else I could drink that could give me the same benefits. Maybe a RRL blend? Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 11-22-2011, 08:26 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

You could easily make your own with loose herbs. If there isn't an herb store near you, you can order loose, dried herbs online. I cannot stand the taste of fennel in even tiny amounts, so I prefer to make my own pregnancy tea out of RRL, nettle and alfalfa. You could also experiment with adding hibiscus, rose hips, etc to alter the flavor to suit you that way. Good luck!

#3 of 3 Old 11-22-2011, 09:53 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I'd buy loose leaf tea, as well. Right now I'm drinking a blend of RRL, nettles, dandelion, oat straw, and a little rose hip. When I run out in a month or so, I'm going to switch to just RRL, nettles, and some rose hip. It's much less expensive to buy loose leaf, especially if you order in bulk.

Wife to DH, mama to bikenew.gif DD (7) ribboncesarean.gif, babyf.gif DS born 3/12 ribboncesarean.gif, and have had five early losses. angel1.gif
I have Stiff Person Syndrome and my other car is a candy apple red Rascal. Feel free to ask me about it. wheelchair.gif

Tags
Pregnancy

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page