Mothering Forum banner

August 2012 DDC Social Group?

Tags
pregnancy
881 views 16 replies 5 participants last post by  Sol_y_Paz 
#1 ·
I think someone has to message a mod to get DDCs open now. And you need two people to start it. Has anyone already asked to open one, and if not, does anyone want to start it with me? I know it's early but I'm really anxious to start. :)

#5 ·
We can chat here until we get our group. :)

How are you feeling? Symptoms?

I'm ultra sensitive to my body, so I feel everything pretty much right away. Drives my dh insane. I always have to explain to him that pregnancy starts right away. It's not a few months into it, that suddenly your body responds. It's immediate.

Sooo... my symptoms are many, even at only three weeks. So many it's almost embarrassing to admit. But I'll give you a few;

pregnancy insomnia- check

aversion to coffee (HUGE sign for me)- check

loose bowls (only get during pregnancy)- check

waves of tiredness throughout the day- check

nose sensitivity, (not extreme yet, just occasional)- check

There are more. Nothing is extreme and some are only occasional. But they are real and very much taking hold, so we shall see how they turn out as the pregnancy progresses.

How about y'all?

#6 ·
I don't seem to notice many symptoms right away. If I didn't miss my period I probably wouldn't know I was pregnant for a looong time. So far I've just been super hungry and have to pee a lot.

Lucky I've always had a big appetite so maybe no one will suspect. We're trying not to tell anyone for a bit. More for my husband's sake - I wanted to call everyone I know when I got the BFP. I see his point though. It's just so early yet. With my daughter we didn't tell until about six weeks but that was mostly because his sister was getting married two weeks after my BFP. I know I won't wait past Christmas.

This will be my first time going through an ob practice and I'm pretty nervous. I did my prenatal care through a birth center and I liked that I called all the shots. Everything was hands off and natural minded until my transfer. I don't know what to expect so I feel like a bit of a first timer again.

#7 ·
Hey all. I got my first BFP on monday - didn't believe it (it was only 6dpo), so I tested again yesterday morning with an FRER and got a strong line at 10dpo.. so I'm a believer now. I had low ab pressure for a few days.. now I just fall asleep everywhere and get waves of nausea every few hours. My sense of smell is really good right now, although - nothing really smells extremely bad yet.

I'm excited... but VERY cautious about this pregnancy.

Congrats to you both! Wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months!

#8 ·
Hi Thebyr- I absolutely love your siggy picture! Congratulations to you as well!

My main symptom that gets worse before it gets better is that nothing sounds appealing to eat. I can only eat about 4 bites of anything and then I'm just over it! I'm sitting with some pad thai in front of me as I type this trying to choke it down b/c it became unappealing after 1 bite. But I'm trying hard to keep up the protein. This is when I go for smoothies hard core. But my blender just broke. I'm in the market for a vitamix. I should be getting one very soon. Thank Goddess. I can do green smoothies all day long!!

Edited to add, I found something I could eat all of: Baked sweet potato with vegan butter and cinnamon. Hooray. Good in lots of ways. Hopefully tomorrow it'll be tasty too. :)

#9 ·
I need to bust out my juicer. I've tried green juice a few times but I don't think I'm ready yet. It's always so hard to get down. I'd like to try smoothies but I have a yogurt aversion (all the time not just while pg) and it seems to be essential.

I had that "nothing sounds good" feeling a lot during my first trimester last time.

#10 ·
I don't like yogurt either. In my smoothies, I typically only put greens, water and fruit in mine. Sometimes the fruit is frozen, if not I'll use a few pieces of ice to give it a good consistency. I'll prob. change up the mixture a bit and start adding protein via hemp and/or the nut butters. Although, even just saying that sounds really gross to me right now. I'll have to be sure to find just the right recipe for flavor, otherwise I won't be able to drink that either.

#14 ·
Hi Ladies! Mind if I join in? I just got my BFP on Thanksgiving. Totally unexpected and unplanned! Still reeling a little bit, to be honest. We are happy and welcome this pregnancy, but will need a little time to get used to the idea. Anyone here going to be nursing during this pregnancy? I have a 16 month old nursling and he is not ready to wean, I really hope my supply does not dry up. He has a cold right now and is really wanting to nurse a lot, thankfully I have no breast tenderness yet. I don't really have any symptoms yet that I can really blame on early pregnancy. I am tired, but I just had a houseful of family here for the holiday for three days, I have the same cold as ds and we are just, well, busy!

I have never really had any food aversions during my pregnancies but I do have the super-sonic-smell! Ugh, I have it all the time, but it is worse during pregnancy. I can not go through the laundry aisle in a grocery store and not smell all those chemicals ALL DAY LONG! Cheap perfume? I know if you are wearing it and I will be smelling/tasting it for several hours after we part company. Especially if you rode in my car, thanks. With my last pregnancy I felt mild nausea almost continually for the first tri, but was never really flat out sick. I hope to feel better or at least as well with this one, as I have my little guy to be chasing after this time.

Congratulations to you all and best wishes for your pregnancies!

#15 ·
My 21-month-old still nurses, mostly at night. She's been asking for it more so I don't know if it's drying up or if she's going through a growth spurt. I hope I don't dry up, since I'd like her to wean herself when she's ready but if she does I'm not worried because she's not so little, you know?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.