The BSL Graduate/Stalking Thread - Winter 2011/2012 - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-03-2012, 11:50 PM

Mentioned: 130 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)

Congrats Sweetest, on a little boy.  Sorry that the ultrasound was a bit worrying, but it sounds like they intend on keeping on top of it!  And extra ultrasounds are good excuse to check out bubs!

Monkey, I've been thinking of you a lot.  Congrats on 8 weeks! I found these ice blocks to be invaluable with the dehydration.  You should be able to get these or something similar at a pharmacy.

Me & him and our beautiful fur boys Duke and Chopz
Forever missing our little ones lost

How we survive, is what makes us who we are - Rise Against

***4***8***12***16***20***24**28***32*** 36***40
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-04-2012, 02:31 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

So I'm continuously leaking what might be amniotic fluid. I don't know. It's clear and has no smell.

When I woke up around 4 to pee, I started feeling strong cramping and back pain. I thought the contractions would follow, but they did not. Maybe today or tomorrow? Last time, I leaked about a day or two before going into labor.

sweetest, congratulations on the boy!

Mama to our little boy (3) babyf.gif , the amazing super squirmer, almost born in the taxi...

and our new baby girl stork-girl.gif, caught by her daddy in our bathtub!

Old 01-04-2012, 12:00 PM

CACountryGirl, yay for hearing the heartbeat! Home remodeling sounds exciting even if you can't participate in some of it.

Monkey, I hope you are still feeling less awful. My horrible morning sickness went away sometime during week 8, so I'm hoping for you. Of course, then I freaked out because I wasn't throwing up twenty times a day anymore. It sucks to need misery to feel that things are ok.

Sweetest, congrats on the little boy! And sorry you got some news that seems not so happy. But it sounds like he's doing great and you don't need to really worry about it right now.

Sweet.Bee, sounds promising! 

AFM, had ten week ultrasound yesterday. The babies had caught up in growth to where they should be and were dancing around and waving their little arms and bobbing their heads, which was just pretty freaking awesome. I've been released from the RE and have my first OB/GYN appointment in three weeks. Also, my belly button is disappearing already. bigeyes.gif

A and M, June 2012
Old 01-05-2012, 09:10 AM - Thread Starter

Monkey and Kinza, glad you are feeling a little bit better.

sweetest, sorry you have something to add to your worry list. I hope all those follow up tests show good news.

SweetBee, good luck for your imminent labour.

AFM, 31 weeks, everything seems to be fine. My pelvis joints are really starting to ache. Next week I'm going for a follow-up US to check on the heart thing that turned up at the previous US. And now that I am done with Christmas knitting I am knitting more baby items. I am really trying to get my bum in gear and get everything ready, since it is dawning on me that there is not much time left!

Mommy to  N baby.gif, born 2/20/12.

Old 01-06-2012, 11:47 AM

Mentioned: 133 Post(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)

kyamo - Can't believe how close you're getting! Have fun knitting for your little guy!

AFM, good news!! They were able to find a heartbeat with the doppler yesterday, even though I'm only 8 weeks along. 160 BPM, sounded like a tiny train! I was sad dh couldn't make it to this appointment to hear it. But he will be there next month. We also took a quick ultrasound peek to rule out twins, at dh's request. Just one little bean in there. Midwife says it looks good, though it was just a portable machine, so no measurements were done. She said she saw the baby, and saw it move. I may or may not have seen the baby - very blurry, so hard to say. But I thought I saw a little bean with a little umbilical cord attached. Anyway, seems the morning sickness has been worth it so far - my great fear was that the baby stopped growing a long time ago and I was sick for nothing. But not the case! So we are going to start telling more people now, which I'm excited about! Morning sickness seems to be slowly improving, though it's by no means gone. Today, for whatever reason, my stomach is insisting on being continuously acidy and upset-feeling. Hoping to feel better by tonight, since we're supposed to be going out to dinner with friends!

Monkey (30) + Pirate (28) = a forever family (5/10) - Baby Bird (8/12), our long-awaited first, one (9/13 @ 7w 6d), and Baby Yummy (10/6/14)

PCOS
Old 01-06-2012, 02:27 PM

Sweetbee - I keep checking in on you... hope all is well!

Kinza - so happy to hear your babies are doing good!  

Kyamo - hope your ultrasound goes well next week.  What are you knitting for baby?  I'm a knitter too and I'm making way too many soakers and longies, they are just so cute and fun to knit.

Monkey - Yay for hearing the heartbeat.  I remember what a huge relief that was for me!

AFM - I've done some more research on SUA (I think I had the wrong acronym the first time...) and I'm feeling somewhat reassured.  Some Dr's don't do any followup for a single artery umbilical cord when everything else is normal, so I'm feeling relieved that the perinatalogist that I saw is just being hypervigilant (she said she was, but I didn't believe her!)

Me (42) DH (43), Catholic Mom to DD (11), DS (6), DS (1)

Expecting #4 in May 2014

Old 01-10-2012, 03:06 PM

Our little girl Lyra was born at home early Monday morning (39w1d). 49cm and 3010g (19.3in/6.6lb).

Full story and pic:

http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1341580/home-birth-of-our-little-girl-one-hour-labor-and-caught-by-daddy

Mama to our little boy (3) babyf.gif , the amazing super squirmer, almost born in the taxi...

Old 01-10-2012, 05:01 PM

Yay!! You made it exactly as far as I did (39w1d).

Your girl is beautiful! Enjoy your early days with her.

Amanda praying.gif (31), RN, BSN
Catholic wife to guitar.gif (DH 28); mommy to blahblah.gif (DD 9), jog.gif (DS 6), angel2.gif (DS 11/09), angel1.gif (3/10), angel1.gif (6/10), our rainbow1284.gif (DS 1), and a surprise baby.gif (DD)

Old 01-11-2012, 12:57 AM

Congratulations Sweet.Bee on a fast labor and a beautiful baby girl.  Wonderful name.  Keep us posted.

Metreehugger.gif College Literature Professor reading.gif(36) and DH (35) married 7/05, together since 1/99; Mom to two lovely and fierce little girls: DD1 2/06 and, after 18 months TTC (and a couple years NTNP), DD2 born 7/3/12!  Dedicated AP parent who is for selective (most) vaccination.

Old 01-11-2012, 05:03 AM - Thread Starter

Congratulations Sweet.Bee!

That puts me at the top of the list! bigeyes.gif

sweetest, I've made two sweaters and almost finished a third. I haven't gotten into soakers since I'm afraid to put anything handwash-only on a baby!

As for the US, it was really really difficult when the tech asked me to move up more on the table. I can't move around laying down any more! The images were kind of disappointing, I guess he's too big to fit on the screen for good pictures anymore. I'll get the results on the heart in the report at the midwife next week.

Old 01-11-2012, 07:20 AM

Thanks, everyone. We're doing well. She's eating constantly and was already up 90g on day 2. It doesn't look like she'll have the usual newborn weight loss. The midwives say we have a strong little girl! smile.gif

Old 01-11-2012, 08:27 AM

Congratulations, Sweet.Bee! She is so cute. Enjoy your new baby girl.

A and M, June 2012
Old 01-12-2012, 11:15 PM

SweetBee - Congratulations!  She is adorable and what a great birth story smile.gif

Kyamo -  I can't believe you have to wait a week to get your results... it's been such a long wait for the followup already!  Hope you get reassuring results.   

Expecting #4 in May 2014

Old 01-13-2012, 05:18 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetest77 View Post

Kyamo -  I can't believe you have to wait a week to get your results... it's been such a long wait for the followup already!  Hope you get reassuring results.   

Well, the wait to schedule the US in the first place was on purpose, because the results would be more meaningful if we waited until he was a lot larger. So that doesn't really count.

The actual wait for the results to arrive at the midwife's office from the US lab is 3 business days, I think. But I'm just going to wait until my appointment that I have scheduled for next week anyways. I'm more comfortable discussing it in person rather than calling.

All that just to say that most of the waiting is self-imposed, lol.

Old 01-13-2012, 01:04 PM
rcr

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Sweet Bee - congrats! What an amazing birth story. My DH would have totally freaked out.

Mom to DS 12/07 and DD 11/13, plus a bunch of chickens, dogs, and cats.

Moving past many years of infertility and always thinking of my friends in the infertility forums.

Old 01-15-2012, 09:52 PM

Old 01-16-2012, 04:24 AM

Beautiful, MBA! So glad that things are going so well! (I would be really afraid if I were having twins, as our one did not sleep well at all... It was terrible.) Just curious: what brand is the diaper in the photo? It is so cute.

Thinking of you all!

I don't have a lot to report. I am dealing with some (minor) issues having to do with being pregnant after so many years of infertility, mainly feeling totally calm but yet somewhat not believing that the baby will make it. I am 17 weeks pregnant now and feel quite ok these days, nausia wise. We are probably going to receive another short term foster baby some time soon, which is exciting. 

Mama to a little lady and always praying for more.
Old 01-16-2012, 11:00 AM

Yay for the update, MBA! Glad the girls are going easy on you! And hooray for living the dream!

LTB - Glad you're feeling better physically these days. Sorry about the mental aspect - I understand that. I really feel this baby will make it, but my rational side is constantly forcing me to confront the fact that lots of babies don't, so I really haven't fully embraced this baby yet. Hearing the heartbeat and seeing the ultrasound made a difference for me, but that was a week and a half ago, and I keep running through all the people who've lost babies at 9 weeks, 10 weeks, 12 weeks, etc... hug.gif Can you feel the baby moving yet? I'm excited to get to that point, just for the extra reassurance. Good luck with your next foster baby - hopefully that will help distract you from your worries!

AFM, doing okay. Today has not been super pleasant, but I still feel like the overall trend is toward better-ish. I think it's been awhile since I threw up outside of morning time, but I don't remember. I have figured out it's much better to just drink some water and toss up the excess stomach acid first thing in the morning, though I still don't like it. Hope everyone is doing well, and excited to hear more updates from you ladies! Is anyone else planning on finding out gender before birth?

Monkey (30) + Pirate (28) = a forever family (5/10) - Baby Bird (8/12), our long-awaited first, one (9/13 @ 7w 6d), and Baby Yummy (10/6/14)

PCOS
Old 01-16-2012, 07:04 PM

MBA! wave.gifYour girls are adorable. I'm really glad to hear that they sleep well--I'm having nightmares about two babies that are awake at completely opposite times. Gulp. 

LTB, I'm glad you checked in. I've been wondering how you were doing. It's a scary thing to be pregnant after trying for so long. I'm glad you are feeling better and I agree with monkey, having another foster baby might keep you busy enough to not worry as much.

monkey, I've been wondering about you, too. I'm glad you seem to be improving, even if things aren't super comfortable yet. I'm trying not to think about all the losses at 9 weeks and 12 weeks, etc. It makes me freak out too much.

AFM, I can barely walk now. I have sciatica and (!) SPD has just popped up in the last few days. I can't quite figure out what to do here. Also had a bleeding episode last week, but went to doctor that day, got dildo-cammed and the babies were both perfect, no reason found for the bleed. It was pretty upsetting, though. So I work and when I'm not working I'm lying on the couch or in bed, doing nothing. I feel pretty useless, but I can't really move. Ugh. My poor DH is taking good care of me, though.

A and M, June 2012
Old 01-17-2012, 11:32 AM

MBA - so happy to hear from you... your girls are adorable!  Thanks for the reassurance about the SUA, my Dr. doesn't seem too worried and I'm actually feeling much calmer about it now... 

LTB - so happy to see you checking in, glad to hear you are feeling better.  17 weeks, yay!

Kinza - sorry you are feeling so uncomfortable and useless.  Just keep reminding yourself that you are growing two babies!  That is your most important job right now :)

Monkey - glad to hear you're feeling better!  My reassurance after my 7 week ultrasound was short lived too... after my 11.5 week appt. I felt much less anxious (it helped that I bought a fetal monitor right after that appt!) and now that baby is moving around, I just need to sit still for a few minutes for reasurrance that he is doing well!  The first trimester felt like it took forever, now I'm almost through the second and I don't know where it went!  Hang in there!

Expecting #4 in May 2014

Old 01-18-2012, 06:41 PM - Thread Starter

His heart looks completely normal now! joy.gif

And his head size is measuring 2 weeks ahead. Eeek! bigeyes.gif

Old 01-19-2012, 01:18 PM

miriam, they are so cute!

Kyamo, good news and don't let the head size freak you out. My girl's head was measuring 4 weeks ahead by the end, and she flew out in one go. I did not even tear; just a bit of skin rubbed off in 2 places. Gravity-friendly positions are your friend. I was standing in a partial squat in the bathtub. Last time, I was on my back and had a minor tear (my son also had a big head).

Old 01-19-2012, 02:41 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet.Bee View Post

miriam, they are so cute!

Kyamo, good news and don't let the head size freak you out. My girl's head was measuring 4 weeks ahead by the end, and she flew out in one go. I did not even tear; just a bit of skin rubbed off in 2 places. Gravity-friendly positions are your friend. I was standing in a partial squat in the bathtub. Last time, I was on my back and had a minor tear (my son also had a big head).

Thank you for that story, it helped calm me a lot!

Old 01-19-2012, 03:12 PM

Kyamo, I'm glad your little one's heart looks healthy now!  That must be a big relief.

So Tuesday night I left work early because I started bleeding again, and by the time I got home it was really serious bleeding.  I went to the ER, and the babies were fine--moving, measuring 13 weeks, perfect heartbeats. No blood anywhere in the uterus, and I don't have a kidney infection or anything. So the babies are fine and I'm fine, but they didn't figure out where the bleeding was coming from. I'm on modified bedrest until Monday when I see my doctor. Really scary, I've never seen so much blood in real life before. I was so upset I couldn't even figure out what to do or how to get to the right hospital, which is why I went home first. Poor DH is not used to having to make decisions and be proactive about anyone's healthcare, and I don't think he liked the experience! I told him good practice for when the babies are born.

A and M, June 2012
Old 01-20-2012, 04:27 AM

Kyamo, that was wonderful news!

Kinza, that sounds REALLY scary. So glad that the babies are okay!

I had my second appointment and heard the heart beat today. :) I am feeling quite ok these days, so I have had doubts about anyone actually being in there. It is a strange phase of pregnancy for me, being the 18th week. I have gained a ton of weight, though, and that is a problem. My body needs low carb, like salad and meat, but it has been too labor extensive to try to eat like that. Bread is my enemy and that is all I feel like having. 

Mama to a little lady and always praying for more.
Old 01-20-2012, 10:17 PM

Hello Ladies

Sorry I do not post much.  It is a very busy life around here.  

Kyamo- great news.  Sometimes I think it would be better if we did not have to hear every medical concern that might cross the doctor's mind and we could just focus on the likely positive outcome.

Kinza-sounds terrifying.  Sorry you have to have this additional stress.  So glad that your two little ones are doing ok.  

LTB- good to hear from you.  That heartbeat is a wonderful sound isn't it?  

AFM-Just a couple weeks until my 20 week ultrasound.  I am really excited.  If this baby is born close to on time, it will share both zodiac signs with my husband- Chinese Zodiac year of the dragon and Cancer (late June).  I wonder how alike they will be.  February is gearing up to be an exciting month, besides the u/s we will also be moving into a new house and my DD will turn 6!

Metreehugger.gif College Literature Professor reading.gif(36) and DH (35) married 7/05, together since 1/99; Mom to two lovely and fierce little girls: DD1 2/06 and, after 18 months TTC (and a couple years NTNP), DD2 born 7/3/12!  Dedicated AP parent who is for selective (most) vaccination.

Old 01-21-2012, 09:32 AM

Kyamo - Yay for having that concern resolved! I guess you will have to think stretchy thoughts when it comes to delivering that head. winky.gif

Kinza - That sounds absolutely terrifying! I'm glad that you were able to see the babies and that they seem all right. I'm sorry you have to spend the weekend worrying. I hope your doctor is able to figure out what's going on, and that it turns out to be nothing to worry about. You and your babies will be in my prayers!

LTB - Glad you were able to hear a heart beat! Sometimes when I'm feeling better, I have a split second of worry, but I keep repeating to myself, "I don't need to feel sick for the baby to be healthy." I don't want my body, or God, to think that I need to be sick in order to feel reassured. I want to feel better! I understand about eating not working out as you'd like. I really wanted to stick with my South Beach Diet eating (high protein, good fats and good carbs), but I'm still mostly in the eating-whatever-won't-make-me-sick mode. Which is a lot of crap. I am hoping maybe I can do better second trimester.

CACG - Glad you are doing well, and sounds like you will have a busy summer! Are you going to find out boy/girl at your ultrasound?

AFM, this weeks seems to be a turning point for me - I am doing better. I am still throwing up some mornings, but I think it's for the best as it's just getting the excess stomach acid (which I seem to have a lot of!) out of my system. Spent a few days helping my SIL with my niece (15 months) and the twins (6 weeks) while dh was out of town. It was a good distraction, though I am honestly worried about the stress level at that house. Three kids so close together is not easy to deal with, especially with my brother working huge amounts of overtime. I'm going to try to help SIL more often, since I seem to be feeling better. Two more weeks till my next appointment! If all goes well there, we will be announcing to the whole world shortly thereafter. (Just in time for my 28th birthday!)

PCOS
Old 01-21-2012, 10:13 AM

Just popping in to say that it warms my heart to see you all here and doing well. I'm glad that the scares lately haven't turned out to be anything.

Amanda praying.gif (31), RN, BSN
Catholic wife to guitar.gif (DH 28); mommy to blahblah.gif (DD 9), jog.gif (DS 6), angel2.gif (DS 11/09), angel1.gif (3/10), angel1.gif (6/10), our rainbow1284.gif (DS 1), and a surprise baby.gif (DD)

Old 01-21-2012, 10:22 AM

Hi Monkey

Sorry I did not get you in my last set of personals.  Sorry you have been feeling sick.  2nd trimester real is much better.  And yes we will be finding out the gender when we get our anatomy scan.  It will be fun for us and my DD to know and prepare.

Old 01-21-2012, 10:55 AM

CCAG - No worries! I love seeing personals to me, but I don't expect them - we are all busy, and sometimes there's just nothing much to say!

PCOS

Tags
Pregnancy
User Tag List