Need suggestions on possible fiber deficiency... and supplement. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-26-2011, 02:24 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My daughter has a mouse and we purchased Natural Orchard Grass for it as a treat/bedding. It is a naturally sweet high fiber treat. The problem is that I want to smell it all the time and eat it!! I think I have some deficiency but am not sure what I can supplement- any suggestions are welcomed!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-26-2011, 06:36 PM

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)

I've always liked the Benefiber chewable tablets and used them while I was pregnant on the recommendation of my OB. They don't taste completely awful and aren't chalky like some other brands. Have you mentioned to your care provider you're having these kind of cravings, so she can help you pinpoint exactly what the issue is though?

Apartment Farm - the chronicles of my cooking, gardening, crafting and other such things. 

Old 11-26-2011, 11:52 PM

Have you tried wheat grass????  It is SOO tasty added into smoothies, salads, stir frys etc... The green grasses sold at pet stores FYI are in fact VERY nutritious for us humans and are human food grade to boot. (They just charge more at the pet store)

At our local grocery chain store, they sell wheat grass in the organic section. Also, you may want to consider growing and eating your own variety of sprouts as they are chock full of vital nutrients AND fiber. Also they can be fed to your pet mouse at at near pennies.

Old 11-27-2011, 05:23 AM - Thread Starter

Kitchensqueen, Thank you I will try that-

SpiderMonkey- I had no idea that the pet food grasses were fod grade!! Yea! I did not think about wheat grass or the sprouts. 

I am very excited to go shopping tomorow. You ladies rock!!

Thanks again!

Old 11-27-2011, 09:15 AM

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)

Good luck!

Apartment Farm - the chronicles of my cooking, gardening, crafting and other such things. 

Tags
Pregnancy
User Tag List