Any full-term babies born "incoveniently"? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 11-29-2011, 08:47 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Not quite sure if this will make sense . . .did any of you have babies that were full term but born at a time that was not convenient for you?  For example, you were home alone, were not planning a UC, and the baby came anyway?  You were out, far from home, and suddenly went into labor?  Or, you had something you had to finish (a class, for example) and the baby was born before you were done (but could have waited a few weeks without it being an issue)?  Maybe you were sick with a cold or flu (or your DP was) and did not want to go into labor, but did?

All 4 of my children "cooperated" in an almost eerie way . . .#1 when I was a week out of work, #2 the day after I finished my graduate work, #3 the first day my support person could help AND the day after a blizzard when roads were clear, and #4 on a Sunday morning when everyone was home.  I am worried I will not be so lucky with #5.  I really want to be done teaching my classes AND let it be a day when my DH is home (it would take way too long for him to get home from work) and/or MIL is still here. 

Just wondering how much of our mental and physical states affect the onset of labor.

2/02, 4/05, 2/07, 11/09, and EDD 12/25/11 wave.gif

#2 of 4 Old 11-29-2011, 09:28 PM

Sometimes I think our bodies just know. I'd been having awful "false" labor for weeks and then one morning I talked to my BFF and she confirmed she was home from the beach. I went into labor within a few hours. it's funny how that can work.

Mama to DS (6/07) h20homebirth.gif, DD (6/09) h20homebirth.gif, and DD (07/12) homebirth.jpg..

#3 of 4 Old 12-02-2011, 02:34 PM

Yep- I called my mom and told her I "thought" I was in labor...  After I finally admitted it to myself, contractions started coming on stong and baby was born in about an hour.  (On my bathroom floor- didn't have time to go anywhere!)

Leah coolshine.gif adoptionheart-1.gif homebirth.jpg

Hubby guitar.gif, ds (11) REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, adopted dd (10) notes2.gif, dd (6) dust.gif, dd (1) femalesling.GIF & 3 foster dd's wheelchair.gif upsidedown.gif diaper.gif  

#4 of 4 Old 12-02-2011, 03:31 PM

DD1 was born at a time that was fine by me but not for DH. I was 38 weeks, he keep saying it wasn't real labor, it was too early, he was too busy, blah blah, blah. I was in labor all day long, I refused to let him go to work like he wanted, he tried to leave twice and I said not happening. So instead he spent the entire freaking day on the phone with his clients saying , "as soon as my wife's false labor stops, I will come in and work". eyesroll.gif I had her that night. And I made it clear that I never wanted to see another cell phone while I was in labor ever again!

With DD2 we had spent the entire pg remodeling a house and the only task left that had to be done before winter was a back door replaced. It was getting towards the end of Oct and Dh was dragging his feet on it. And he wanted baby to be both because he had a lot of projects to do next month. I finally threw a hissy fit and said that I was not having this baby until my door was replaced. He did it late one Sunday night and I went into labor around 4am. LOL. 

DS1 was fine, he was staying in there forever so by the time I did go into labor I was thrilled. 

The week before DS2 was born I had an appointment to get my hair cut and highlighted before I would be unable to do so for the next 6-12 months. I made sure to make it for when I was 37 weeks so I could make it.  They canceled on me, the next appointment was for a week away, I joked that I would cancel on them because of baby. And yep, he was born at 3am when my appointment was at 10am. And I still have the long hair that I desperately wanted chopped off before baby. 

There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way.

Tags
Pregnancy

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page