The ONE Thread Graduates!!! December, 2011 - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 136 Old 12-13-2011, 06:43 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Stephanie Margaret was born on December 13th at 12:06AM! She is 7 pounds, 14 1/2 ounces and doing great! I am pretty tired, but recovering well. DH & I were having a giggle fit at 3AM remembering the birth because I said "Look a  baby! Andrew, I just had a baby! Oh wow... I just had a baby!!" LOL! By the third one, you'd think it isn't a shock how pregnancy ends but apparently that somehow alludes me!

~Teresa, raising DS (Jan. 02) and DD1 (Jun. 04) and DD2 (Dec. 11) with DH.

#62 of 136 Old 12-13-2011, 06:51 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

joy.gifjoy.gif joy.gif joy.gif joy.gif joy.gif joy.gif joy.gif joy.gif joy.gif joy.gif joy.gif joy.gif joy.gif joy.gif joy.gif joy.gif joy.gif joy.gif joy.gif joy.gif joy.gif joy.gif joy.gif joy.gif joy.gif joy.gif joy.gif joy.gif joy.gif joy.gif joy.gif joy.gif joy.gif joy.gif joy.gif joy.gif joy.gif joy.gif joy.gif joy.gif joy.gif joy.gif joy.gif joy.gif joy.gif joy.gif joy.gif joy.gif

Me: read.gif, DH: jammin.gif, Two cat.gif, Two dog2.gif, DS: babyboy.gif (10/31/11), DD: babygirl.gif (9/17/13). blowkiss.gif

dizzy.gifcaffix.gifbiglaugh.giffaint.gif

broc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gif

#63 of 136 Old 12-14-2011, 06:00 AM

Mummoth--Congratulations to you and your whole family!! So exciting! And Stephanie Margaret is a beautiful name. joy.gif Enjoy your time with her!

Jennifer (35) read.gif jog.gif , DH (36) reading.gifbikenew.gif, and baby makes three: Welcome DD Evelyn, 7/16/12! baby.gif

Missing our beloved "soul mate kitty" rainbow1284.gifflowerkitty.gif (RIP 8/19/11) but enjoying our two new kitty-girls.

#64 of 136 Old 12-14-2011, 06:37 AM

Congrats!!  joy.gifenergy.gifjoy.gif

Sarah, partner to J and mom to DD1 April 30th, 2002 and DD2 May 5th, 2012. love.gif

#65 of 136 Old 12-14-2011, 06:39 AM

Mummoth: Ditto to TTCCoC's post orngbiggrin.gif CONGRATULATIONS! Can't wait to see pictures and read your birth story, whenever you feel up to it! Enjoy your babymoon!!

Married to my wonderful DH 5/2010, Mom to DS1 Kayden 7-14-2011 wild.gif and DS2 Jakob 8-29-2013 babyf.gif

Owned by Friesians and Drum Horses, plus the dogs, cats, rabbits and chickens

#66 of 136 Old 12-14-2011, 07:49 AM

Congrats Mummoth! Enjoy your new baby girl!

Wife to Geof reading.gif (4/10), Mom to Connorbabyf.gif(7/14/10) and Cayleigh babygirl.gif (4/20/12). Living with Factor V Leiden (7/12).

#67 of 136 Old 12-14-2011, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mummoth View Post

Stephanie Margaret was born on December 13th at 12:06AM! She is 7 pounds, 14 1/2 ounces and doing great! I am pretty tired, but recovering well. DH & I were having a giggle fit at 3AM remembering the birth because I said "Look a  baby! Andrew, I just had a baby! Oh wow... I just had a baby!!" LOL! By the third one, you'd think it isn't a shock how pregnancy ends but apparently that somehow alludes me!

Congratulations hon!!!!

****hugs****

Not gonna lie, I stalked you here because I just realized this morning that you were due a few days ago. I'm so glad to hear everything went so well!!!

Momma to Alena 07-03 and 8 .angel.gifangel babies. Due with our second baby in May 2012!

lactivist.gif I'm a breastfeeding activist asl.gif, Sign Language vocab instructor, autismribbon.gif autism activist, cloth diapering, attachment parenting momma!

#68 of 136 Old 12-14-2011, 08:57 AM

CONGRATS!!!!  Can't wait for the pics!!!!!!!!!!!!  joy.gif

ME: 29 DH: 27 stillheart.gif Married for 3 years now.  Got my pos.gif August 31, 2011!  joy.gif Woohoo!!!

stork-boy.gif May 12, 2012 - Baby Deacon joined our family

#69 of 136 Old 12-14-2011, 09:12 AM - Thread Starter

I got my work release. Let's party some more!

joy.gifjoy.gif joy.gif joy.gif joy.gif joy.gif joy.gif joy.gif joy.gif joy.gif joy.gif joy.gif joy.gif joy.gif joy.gif joy.gif joy.gif joy.gif joy.gif joy.gif joy.gif joy.gif joy.gif joy.gif joy.gif joy.gif joy.gif joy.gif joy.gif joy.gif joy.gif joy.gif joy.gif joy.gif joy.gif joy.gif joy.gif joy.gif joy.gif joy.gif joy.gif joy.gif joy.gif joy.gif joy.gif joy.gif joy.gif joy.gif joy.gif joy.gif joy.gif joy.gif joy.gif joy.gif joy.gif joy.gif joy.gif joy.gif joy.gif joy.gif joy.gif joy.gif joy.gif joy.gif joy.gif joy.gif joy.gif joy.gif joy.gif joy.gif joy.gif joy.gif joy.gif joy.gif joy.gif joy.gif joy.gif joy.gif joy.gif joy.gif joy.gif joy.gif joy.gif joy.gif joy.gif joy.gif joy.gif joy.gif joy.gif joy.gif joy.gif joy.gif joy.gif joy.gif joy.gif joy.gif joy.gif joy.gif joy.gif

thumb.gif

Me: read.gif, DH: jammin.gif, Two cat.gif, Two dog2.gif, DS: babyboy.gif (10/31/11), DD: babygirl.gif (9/17/13). blowkiss.gif

dizzy.gifcaffix.gifbiglaugh.giffaint.gif

broc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gif

#70 of 136 Old 12-14-2011, 09:42 AM

Taurus- Very, very sorry to hear that. Mummoth-Congratulations on the new addition! AFM- 2nd ultrasound went just as well as the first and we got to hear the hearbeats and see little limb movements. Here are the pictures:

7week 6day Ultrasound-.png

Mama to my twin butterfly boys, Alan and Bruce, who passed away at 22 weeks gestation (3/24/12): Forever in Our Hearts. Our rainbow baby girl, my little bud of Hope,  joined our butterfly boys and Grandma Jan 1/31/13 at 9 weeks gestation. Love you so much. Next step: triadadopt.jpg
#71 of 136 Old 12-14-2011, 09:42 AM

Also, TTCChloeorConnor- Yay for work release!

Mama to my twin butterfly boys, Alan and Bruce, who passed away at 22 weeks gestation (3/24/12): Forever in Our Hearts. Our rainbow baby girl, my little bud of Hope,  joined our butterfly boys and Grandma Jan 1/31/13 at 9 weeks gestation. Love you so much. Next step: triadadopt.jpg
#72 of 136 Old 12-15-2011, 11:44 AM

Mummoth, congrats!  Yay! for a wonderful, healthy baby girl!  Welcome to the world, Stephanie!

taurustheta, I was so sorry to read your news.  peace and light to you.

janellody, a boy!  Hello, Deacon!  I love that name.

deborah, twins!  identical ones!  woo-hoo! 

TTCCOC, get yourself back to work!  And super funny but my friend from high school sent me a christmas card yesterday and her kids are named Conner and Chloe.  I didn't even think about it until I saw the card and thought about you.  Totally random.  And your Christmas pictures are awesome.  Conner is just soooo cute.

scowgirl, I have no insight into your sweating thing but I hope that the clearing of the acne continues.  I had beautiful pregnant skin with DS and with this pregnancy, it's awful.  I don't have bad skin normally so this is an adjustment.  I think that if you have bad skin and it gets better, it means that you are having a boy.  If you have bad skin and it stays the same or gets worse, you're having a girl.  So I vote boy. 

AFM, I heard the heartbeat again on Tuesday and maaaaybe am starting to feel little flutters of movement.  I don't want to say that's what I'm feeling yet because if it's digestive in nature instead, I'll just feel depressed.   

Maria blahblah.gif, wife to A malesling.GIF, mama to DS M 8/09 2whistle.gif and DS L 6/12 biggrinbounce.gif

Everything will be ok in the end.  If it's not ok, then it's not the end - Paolo Coelho  

#73 of 136 Old 12-16-2011, 08:28 AM

AndTheStars, how cool about feeling the movement! That is great.

AFM first trimester screening next Friday (12/23). Getting antsy about it. I am worried about basically everything--missed miscarriage because I am on progesterone, genetic problems, how ludicrous it was of me to think I could handle being a parent, you name it. Then everything I am seeing and reading has me in an utter panic about my weight. They make it sound like any fat person who gets pregnant will with 100% certainty end up hypertensive, diabetic, and probably blind if not dead. I can't imagine all the stress is good for the baby, to say nothing of myself, but I can't help it. I lie awake at night worrying sometimes. Then I could not possibly hate my job more (although this is an ongoing issue basically from the very first day I started back with this company) and I am about ready to punch the 10 million project managers who are petulantly demanding stuff from me right now. As you can tell, I am not in the best frame of mind... sorry, just needed to vent a bit.

Jennifer (35) read.gif jog.gif , DH (36) reading.gifbikenew.gif, and baby makes three: Welcome DD Evelyn, 7/16/12! baby.gif

Missing our beloved "soul mate kitty" rainbow1284.gifflowerkitty.gif (RIP 8/19/11) but enjoying our two new kitty-girls.

#74 of 136 Old 12-16-2011, 08:57 AM

Andthestars - I felt the same way for awhile.. this is my first so I wasn't sure if it was movement I was feeling or just imagining it.  Well as of Monday, it IS movement and yesterday little Deacon was kicking up a STORM!!  It is so awesome to finally feel him move around!!

I texted my husband yesterday and said "your son is doing acrobats in my tummy" and he LOVED the  "your son" part.... you know when you have never heard that before and then someone says it.. I knew he would like it but I think it really made him happy.  It's so fun being new parents, I can't wait until we actually have our little guy out!!  But for now I will settle for lots of movement!!

ME: 29 DH: 27 stillheart.gif Married for 3 years now.  Got my pos.gif August 31, 2011!  joy.gif Woohoo!!!

stork-boy.gif May 12, 2012 - Baby Deacon joined our family

#75 of 136 Old 12-16-2011, 08:59 AM

Thanks Andthestars!

#76 of 136 Old 12-16-2011, 12:13 PM

scowgirl - let me give you some hope! I am overweight - seriously overweight, I think my BMI is around 37 or 38. I had no gestational diabetes, no hypertension, no weight related complications whatsoever. I had a normal, vaginal delivery, 12 hours of totally manageable labour and a perfectly healthy baby. This was our first baby, I'm in my 30's as well. The key is finding a healthcare provider who isn't fat-phobic! My first midwife had a real problem with overweight people and it was a nightmare. But I managed to deliver with a different midwife who was totally supportive and had no problem with my weight. Fight for your rights! Overweight does NOT necessarily mean unhealthy, and if your test results all seem normal, then you shouldn't be treated as high risk just because of your weight.

Married to my wonderful DH 5/2010, Mom to DS1 Kayden 7-14-2011 wild.gif and DS2 Jakob 8-29-2013 babyf.gif

#77 of 136 Old 12-16-2011, 01:14 PM

LivingSky--thank you so much for that--I really appreciate your perspective as someone who has been through this. It's frustrating because over time, in my everyday life, I have become fairly comfortable with sorting out what is a legitimate concern for me and what is fatphobic or exaggerated. But I've never been pregnant before, so it's a completely unknown quantity and I am a nervous wreck. Even fat-friendly pregnancy websites act like being fat makes you a walking death trap if your diet and exercise habits are not 100% perfect. Of course I want and try to do the best I can with nutrition and exercise, but it's so hard to strike that balance between being healthy and obsessing to a degree that is not helpful. Right now I'm kind of on the wrong side of both (knowing there are things I could do to be healthier, but also beating myself up all the time for not doing all of them). So that's not real productive.

The main problem is that my bp actually is a little high (I've been taking it over the past several days and it's right around 130/80... not great but not technically hypertension. That's also what it was at the drugstore last month, and the last time I gave blood.) So they are sending me for a high-risk consult. Fine. However, this is mainly because it was something like 150/90 in their office last week! I've never seen another number like that, ever. Now comes the fight to get the large cuff used on me at the high-risk appointment. I haven't been pushing for that so far, and of course my home cuff is standard size, but I will at that appointment. Although hypertension is nothing to fool around with, I want to make absolutely sure I actually have it before they start pushing pills on me.

#78 of 136 Old 12-17-2011, 06:06 AM

scowgirl - yes, totally push for the large cuff to be used. It makes a huge difference! And if 130/80 is your normal BP, that actually isn't that high, it's within a normal range. If it's spiking in the doctor's office, then it's probably because you're freaked out that it will spike in the doctor's office smile.gif Near the end of my pregnancy, my first midwife was giving me all kinds of grief about my weight, and my BP started creeping up whenever she would take it. But taken anywhere else (including by doctors when I was in the hospital for kidney stones) my BP was fine. So sometimes you can attribute high BP to situations, rather than because your BP is actually high. If you've got a cuff to take your BP at home, I'd keep track of your BP and bring that information with you to your appointment.

Anyway, just wanted to let you know I'm backing you! Don't let anyone tell you you're unhealthy just because you're overweight. The two are NOT the same thing. Yes, being overweight puts you at higher risk for certain things, but it doesn't mean all or even any of them will happen to you. You know your body better than any doctor does, and if you pay attention to it, you will know if there is something not right.

#79 of 136 Old 12-17-2011, 08:00 AM

Scowgirl- I agree with LivingSky. 130/80 is the high end of NORMAL. It also looks like it could be white coat syndrome. I had an OB Nurse Practitioner that blew that syndrome off. There were other things as well that irritated me about her, so I switched. I highly encourage you to look for someone who will be much more supportive.

#80 of 136 Old 12-17-2011, 08:03 AM

Also, I am overweight as well. I think my BMI is 31.8 or something like that (pre-pregnancy). I have been lucky that since I switched practitioners for all my doctors actually, there hasn't been much emphasis on my weight outside of my PCP who is only supportive and doesn't brow-beat me if I gain a few pounds. She even acknowledges that a lot of weight gain is water weight.

#81 of 136 Old 12-18-2011, 03:42 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

ttccoc- what great pics!!! hes sooo stinking cute! i cant wait to start nursing. nak.gif

mumoth- congrats!!!!

deborah- congrats!!!!! and holy crap...i live in longmont too (well utah, now, but im born and raised there, and still have property there) close to dawson on 287. yeah!

afm- its a girl! yipee!  and she is a monster! she is kicking like crazy...i sooo love this part! is it weird that i have been practicing with the moby and im only half way there? haha!

DS-8/06 peace.gif
DD-5/08 innocent.gif
DD-4/12 loveeyes.gif
Due: July2014 shy.gif
semi crunchy, but getting crispier!

*** heartbeat.gif 5****10****15****20****25****30****35****40
#82 of 136 Old 12-18-2011, 05:18 PM

Vivica- Next time you are in town we'll have to grab a coffee or something!

#83 of 136 Old 12-18-2011, 05:19 PM

TTCOC- I just want to correct a statement you have on my profile. Two embryos would not be identical twins. The twins came from one of the embryos (the other embryo didn't make it, but I'm sure glad I don't have to give birth to triplets!)

#84 of 136 Old 12-19-2011, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LivingSky View Post

scowgirl - yes, totally push for the large cuff to be used. It makes a huge difference! And if 130/80 is your normal BP, that actually isn't that high, it's within a normal range. If it's spiking in the doctor's office, then it's probably because you're freaked out that it will spike in the doctor's office smile.gif Near the end of my pregnancy, my first midwife was giving me all kinds of grief about my weight, and my BP started creeping up whenever she would take it. But taken anywhere else (including by doctors when I was in the hospital for kidney stones) my BP was fine. So sometimes you can attribute high BP to situations, rather than because your BP is actually high. If you've got a cuff to take your BP at home, I'd keep track of your BP and bring that information with you to your appointment.
Anyway, just wanted to let you know I'm backing you! Don't let anyone tell you you're unhealthy just because you're overweight. The two are NOT the same thing. Yes, being overweight puts you at higher risk for certain things, but it doesn't mean all or even any of them will happen to you. You know your body better than any doctor does, and if you pay attention to it, you will know if there is something not right.

LivingSky--I just wanted to say thanks to you and Deborah for your support. This has all made me feel quite a bit better. I don't want to minimize high blood pressure if I really do have it, but I don't want them putting me on meds or something if it's not necessary. I have been tracking my bp (though I forgot the last couple of days) and I do plan to bring the #'s in to my appointment. I know 130/80 (which I'm getting consistently at home) is still not great, but by definition it's not hypertension. The m/w has started writing "chronic hypertension" on my chart and such, grrrrrr. I know it's true based on the last couple of readings she took, but it just kind of adds to my stress.

vivica--congrats on your baby girl!! Yaaaaay!

#85 of 136 Old 12-19-2011, 11:01 AM

Scowgirl- I'm glad we could help. I think it might be a good idea to mention that the way your midwife is approaching the blood pressure is counterproductive to keeping blood pressure stable. In other words, let her know that you feel she is stressing you out and there may have been a better way to discuss it with you.

#86 of 136 Old 12-19-2011, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deborahbgkelly View Post

Scowgirl- I'm glad we could help. I think it might be a good idea to mention that the way your midwife is approaching the blood pressure is counterproductive to keeping blood pressure stable. In other words, let her know that you feel she is stressing you out and there may have been a better way to discuss it with you.

yeahthat.gif

#87 of 136 Old 12-19-2011, 04:52 PM

Hi Everyone! I'm cautiously joining you. Got my BFP yesterday and we're over the moon! Couldn't have asked for a better Christmas present!

I am Erika, I have two daughters from my previous marriage (10 and 6 years old). This will be my 3rd and my DH's first. 

I am extremely fortunate and grateful to be pregnant right now. I was on Depo Provera for 4 years and have read some horror stories of post-Depo infertility. We started trying in September of this year after the shot "wore off". Technically, we tried for 3 months. I have an LP on the short side (approx 10 days). My first cycle post-Depo it was 9 days. I took B6 for two cycles and here I am. According to my O date, my due date will be September 1, 2012!

Mom to DD1 reading.gif (11) & DD2 shine.gif homebirth.jpg(7) & DS babyboy.gif  h20homebirth.gif (9/10/12)

#88 of 136 Old 12-19-2011, 06:51 PM

Congrats Maman!  joy.gif

We had our 20 week u/s today!  We're having a GIRL!!!

Sarah, partner to J and mom to DD1 April 30th, 2002 and DD2 May 5th, 2012. love.gif

#89 of 136 Old 12-20-2011, 05:56 AM

Hi, MamanF, and congratulations!!! It is great to see you here! energy.gif

Come to think of it, that smiley is appropriate for BubbleMa too! Congratulations on your baby girl!! I love that you and vivica2 both found out you were having girls in such quick succession.

#90 of 136 Old 12-20-2011, 07:12 AM

Welcome Maman!

Congrats BubbleMa on the girl! We are having a girl too! Seems like there are a lot of girls on this thread right now.

scowgirl: So sorry about the high blood pressure. I had issues starting at 13wks with my last one. Don't know what you've tried yet but my docs have recommended taking a baby aspirin, at least 1000mg of calcium daily and a high protein diet. I've been doing this since I found out with this pregnancy and have had no problems so far (I'm 23wks). Also, push for the large cuff. It really does make a difference.

Wife to Geof reading.gif (4/10), Mom to Connorbabyf.gif(7/14/10) and Cayleigh babygirl.gif (4/20/12). Living with Factor V Leiden (7/12).

Tags
Pregnancy

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page