The ONE Thread Graduates!!! December, 2011 - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 136 Old 12-29-2011, 01:13 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

TTC- I imagine I'll have more of them, but I did end up having to get some maternity clothes yesterday (way fun!) and the phlebotomist was surprised that it took me this long since I have 2 in there. I happened to have lots of clothes from when I was heavier which made it easier to transition, but alas they do not work anymore. I got a couple of cute dresses, two pairs of pants, two shirts and a maternity/nursing nightgown that happened to come with an adorable elephant onesie that matched the nightie.

Mama to my twin butterfly boys, Alan and Bruce, who passed away at 22 weeks gestation (3/24/12): Forever in Our Hearts. Our rainbow baby girl, my little bud of Hope,  joined our butterfly boys and Grandma Jan 1/31/13 at 9 weeks gestation. Love you so much. Next step: triadadopt.jpg
#122 of 136 Old 12-29-2011, 06:03 PM

TTC--That smiley pic is adorable!! Awwwwwww.

ETA: Just placed an order for some maternity clothes. I'm only 12 weeks, but it seemed like in the last couple days, my tummy got noticeably larger. (I'm sure the holiday eating habits aren't helping. Sheepish.gif) Could use some more comfortable jeans so I decided to take the plunge and try some maternity ones.

Jennifer (35) read.gif jog.gif , DH (36) reading.gifbikenew.gif, and baby makes three: Welcome DD Evelyn, 7/16/12! baby.gif

Missing our beloved "soul mate kitty" rainbow1284.gifflowerkitty.gif (RIP 8/19/11) but enjoying our two new kitty-girls.

#123 of 136 Old 12-30-2011, 01:19 PM

Hi Everyone! It has been a crazy busy week... I'm trying to work from home so my girls don't have to go to daycare during Winter Break. It's been a challenge to say the least!

I was told when I called to get a midwife that it would take up to 4 weeks for them to review my application so I made an appointment with my GP. What a waste of time. After waiting 1.5 hrs, he told me to pee in a cup and confirmed my pregnancy. Gee, thanks. Tell me something I don't know. So he then told me he no longer does prenatal care and that he will refer me to an OB. Um, no thanks.

Luckily, a few hours later a midwife called from the sparkly new birth center my city just built saying she would love to take me on. She knew my previous midwife and thought we'd be a great fit. Yay! So my first appt is January 18. Can't wait. 

So I'm 5 weeks pregnant now. I have NO symptoms. I'm not really worried or anything but shouldn't there be something? Anything? I guess I have tender breasts but they aren't bad at all. Is it just too early for things? You'd think I haven't been pregnant before! LOL But my last pregnancy was 7 years ago. 

Mom to DD1 reading.gif (11) & DD2 shine.gif homebirth.jpg(7) & DS babyboy.gif  h20homebirth.gif (9/10/12)

#124 of 136 Old 12-30-2011, 01:54 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamanFrancaise View Post
So I'm 5 weeks pregnant now. I have NO symptoms. I'm not really worried or anything but shouldn't there be something? Anything? I guess I have tender breasts but they aren't bad at all. Is it just too early for things? You'd think I haven't been pregnant before! LOL But my last pregnancy was 7 years ago. 

I had nothing. And I mean NOTHING until I got carpel tunnel around week 24. After the carpel tunnel, I had nothing. NOTHING else until I started swelling around week 34/35.

Me: read.gif, DH: jammin.gif, Two cat.gif, Two dog2.gif, DS: babyboy.gif (10/31/11), DD: babygirl.gif (9/17/13). blowkiss.gif

dizzy.gifcaffix.gifbiglaugh.giffaint.gif

broc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gif

#125 of 136 Old 12-30-2011, 04:49 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

I really need to take more pics of Stephanoodle... I don't think of picking up the camera because she's nocturnal and I'm so tired when she's at her most active! She makes the funniest faces, though.

I've been drinking RRL tea like crazy, my flow stopped at 5 days PP and I was still having bad cramping. I've had some weird chills where I was shivering so hard I could feel it in my spine, but no fever. So it's wait-and-see and hopefully it doesn't turn into an infection. The tea helps get things moving a bit each day & I think it's helped prevent it so far, but I've been really cautious about how much energy I expend because I'm already pretty tired just from taking care of the baby and I don't want to be more worn out than necessary if I do get sick.

DH just took the big kids out to the mall to exchange my keyboard and spend their Christmas money... maybe I'll play photo shoot while we've got the house to ourselves!

~Teresa, raising DS (Jan. 02) and DD1 (Jun. 04) and DD2 (Dec. 11) with DH.

#126 of 136 Old 12-30-2011, 06:07 PM

Success! Here she is:

cutiesteph.jpg

#127 of 136 Old 12-30-2011, 06:42 PM - Thread Starter

She's so cute!!! And the nocturnal thing won't last long. *Hugs* When you say "flow", are you talking down south or up north???

... My new fav. Taken tonight.

407721_10150451229056105_642741104_8852071_179241538_a.jpg

Me: read.gif, DH: jammin.gif, Two cat.gif, Two dog2.gif, DS: babyboy.gif (10/31/11), DD: babygirl.gif (9/17/13). blowkiss.gif

dizzy.gifcaffix.gifbiglaugh.giffaint.gif

broc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gif

#128 of 136 Old 12-30-2011, 07:13 PM

Awww, that's a great photo! 

I'm talking about down south, possible uterine infection. The midwives think I'm probably okay because apparently your milk doesn't come in if there's still a bit of placenta in there, but she's my third baby and it seemed like a ridiculously small amount of flow. I never had a pitocin shot after the first two births (the guidelines for home birth have changed since they were born) so maybe that's made a difference and I'm just paranoid. If I'm still worried at my next appointment, I'll go for an ultrasound.

#129 of 136 Old 12-30-2011, 09:31 PM

The spotting is back (still brown, but the Dr. said not to lose any sleep over it, especially since we've had several excellent ultrasounds. She's said that the progesterone suppositories can be very irritating to the cervix and may be at least partially to blame (in addition to all the stretching I'm doing.) It's amazing how much I've grown in just the last week and a half. I will post here. My DH said "You went splody!" LOL. The Dr. also said it was possible I had a yeast infection (since I was feeling irritated in the cervix area) and that Monistat might help (I wondered about this too, but it's been 14 years since I've had one, so I wasn't sure). So, essentially back on modified bed rest (no parties for me tomorrow night). I'm now going to have to reschedule my acupuncture for the 3rd time!

Here's a comparison. The top picture is 8 weeks 6 days and the bottom is 10 weeks 2 days. I've only gained 3 pounds but look like I've gained 15. 

8 weeks 6 days.jpg10 weeks 2 days.jpg

Mama to my twin butterfly boys, Alan and Bruce, who passed away at 22 weeks gestation (3/24/12): Forever in Our Hearts. Our rainbow baby girl, my little bud of Hope,  joined our butterfly boys and Grandma Jan 1/31/13 at 9 weeks gestation. Love you so much. Next step: triadadopt.jpg
#130 of 136 Old 12-31-2011, 04:15 AM

Spotting turned pink (but, luckily is gone now), but I'm feeling more intense cramping Not much I can do at 5 in the morning. It's not bright red so I don't think it warrants an emergency room visit especially since the spotting is now gone. Hoping the cramping is just bowel cramping in disguise. Will call the clinic again right at 8.

#131 of 136 Old 12-31-2011, 09:57 AM

Good news! They said it's still totally normal as long as there's no red and I'm not doubled over in pain. They also said it's especially common with moms of multiples since we have to do extra growing. Shew!

#132 of 136 Old 12-31-2011, 11:14 AM

Also, it appears the cramping was bowel cramping. Glad I figured that out this morning and did what I had to do :-).

#133 of 136 Old 12-31-2011, 12:49 PM

Deborah--glad to hear all is well so far! I hope you have a great New Year and things continue to be OK for you and the babies.

Jennifer (35) read.gif jog.gif , DH (36) reading.gifbikenew.gif, and baby makes three: Welcome DD Evelyn, 7/16/12! baby.gif

Missing our beloved "soul mate kitty" rainbow1284.gifflowerkitty.gif (RIP 8/19/11) but enjoying our two new kitty-girls.

#134 of 136 Old 12-31-2011, 04:39 PM

Thanks Scowgirl! I am confident they will be. These are little fighters in here. Also, staying positive is vital.

#135 of 136 Old 01-01-2012, 03:49 PM

Mummoth--I forgot to say--Stephanie is sooo cute!! She looks so happy and alert in that pic. Aww.

#136 of 136 Old 01-01-2012, 06:30 PM - Thread Starter

Tags
Pregnancy

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page