December 2011 Whatever Ladies Having Babies ~ We are down to one! - Page 7 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#181 of 446 Old 12-14-2011, 10:34 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

This seems like an interesting alternative. It uses graham crackers instead of gingerbread: http://www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,163,144184-253206,00.html

We got 2 gingerbread houses at world market 1/2 price. putting them together should be interesting.

Katrina - Mama to Gabriel  sleepytime.gif 11/20/2009 and Norah vbac.gif 10/11/2011- married to Wayne - geek.gif novaxnocirc.gifbfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifcd.gif&nbspand now new baby Theodore born 3/11/13 vbac.gif

#182 of 446 Old 12-14-2011, 01:46 PM

We never eat the gingerbread house after we make it! Sheepish.gif But I always buy extra candy and holiday peeps like snowmen and christmas trees to use in the decorating. I cover a cardboard box with tinfoil, mix up a simple icing of powdered sugar and water and spread that over the tinfoil so it's like snow. Then I place the house on it and the kids have more room to decorate. They are allowed to eat as much of the candy as they want and then we just leave the house out for decoration. It gets trashed after Christmas. We usually do one for Easter and Halloween too. Here's what last year's house looked like.

164190_489289711768_623856768_5903447_7234619_n.jpg

Hey JJ, have you considered using something like this for your DD? http://www.amazon.com/Fisher-Price-Newborn-Rock-Sleeper-Yellow/dp/B002M77N22/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1323899113&sr=8-1 The main reason why DD slept in this until she was about 11 weeks was it made her feel like she was still being held. She spent every night in this thing! We still use it now but when she is awake. She sits in it and watches me while I do stuff in the kitchen or pump.

akind1, that's an awesome amount of milk! I wish I got that much per pumping session! It would be a lot easier! I'm at 3-4 oz now.

Annie wife v2.0 to DH and joyfully parenting DSS 18 jog.gif, DSD 15 knit.gif, DSD 14 banana.gif, DSS 12bikenew.gifand heart hero DD 2superhero.gif. angel1.gif 8/2010

#183 of 446 Old 12-14-2011, 02:04 PM - Thread Starter

I wanted to get a photo of our gingerbread house but, obviously, that didn't happen.

JJ ~ Maybe you need to read more articles and info on safe co-sleeping to help you feel more comfortable with it. You may think I'm harping on that with you. I'm not meaning to. I have just found that it's the one big thing (besides breastfeeding) that makes life with a new baby so much easier for me. I can't sing the praises of it enough.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

#184 of 446 Old 12-14-2011, 02:26 PM

Oh no, I mean I'm definitely supportive of co-sleeping, and I get that it's safe when you follow the common sense rules. It's just that those rules exclude us-- between DH being such a heavy sleeper, and me being so exhausted, we essentially fall under the category of intoxicated sleepers right now. It wouldn't be responsible for us to have her in bed. It's fine when she's on my chest because she keeps me from falling into a deep sleep, but to have her on one side wouldn't be safe right now. 

Annie-- I've been wondering about something like that. Having her in a thick blanket seems to be helping. She doesn't like her bouncy chair, but she does LOVE being in the car seat... which makes me wonder if that would be worth trying. 

I totally jumped the gun on the spit up. It's gotten bad again. It's almost every feeding, and about every second feeding she throws up so much that she's emptying her stomach (you can see that the milk has been curdled already by the stomach acid). She still doesn't seem bothered by it, other than to want to nurse again right away, which then I'm wary of doing because I don't want her to throw that up again, so I try to wait until her tummy has settled. There's a LLL meeting in my general area tonight that I just found out about, so Im' toying with going to that. I don't know how meetings run, so I don't know if they'd be able to help/give advice, or if it would be more of an informational thing and I'd end up going home without any real new answers. 

DH wants to give her a feeding of formula and see if she spits that up. I want to start trying to limit my diet to see if it's something I'm eating, but it's discouraging to hear that you generally have to wait 4-5 days to see if it's making a difference. I just want her to stop spitting up everything she's eating *sigh*. 

akind-- I'm also jealous. i tried pumping once one night when I was a little full still after she nursed and I got literally drops. I decided it was worth waiting another little bit before I tried again. lol.

Doula mama, medic daddy and Tenley Harper born naturally 11/29/11 delayedvax.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#185 of 446 Old 12-14-2011, 02:37 PM

JJ - hug2.gif

1ht

I don't think the formula will help the situation.  I think you guys are just exhausted, and doubting yourselves.  Your milk is fine.  Most babies spit up.  If she's not in pain that  you can tell, waiting 15-20 min to nurse again is a great idea.  

http://kellymom.com/babyconcerns/reflux.html

LLL meetings are always Q&A first, then if there's time, discussion on a topic.  In all the meetings I've attended, we've never gotten to the topic.  Moms help each other.  GO to that meeting!!!

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#186 of 446 Old 12-14-2011, 02:42 PM

I'm a huge proponent of bedsharing and roomsharing but in those early weeks when DD was so tiny and I was so exhausted, I did not feel comfortable having her in the bed with me all the time. Now that she is bigger and I'm not so tired, we sleep together all the time. I usually put her in her sidecarred crib from midnight until 6 or 7 AM but other than that she sleeps in the big bed with us. That rocker was also a godsend because I knew that if she threw up and it was coming out of her nose, she was at enough of an incline that it wouldn't choke her.

For us, giving DD even a bit of formula mixed in with breastmilk (per the nutritionist's instructions when she was still in the hospital) made her stomach worse. She cried and grunted and groaned from gas pains.

Annie wife v2.0 to DH and joyfully parenting DSS 18 jog.gif, DSD 15 knit.gif, DSD 14 banana.gif, DSS 12bikenew.gifand heart hero DD 2superhero.gif. angel1.gif 8/2010

#187 of 446 Old 12-14-2011, 02:45 PM

Another thing -- even on zantac it didn't help the amount Finn spit up/vomited.  It only helped the pain.  We've been wading thru puke for 4 months and really, it's ok.  We're all ok.  It's going to be ok.

Just keep repeating that to yourself, ok, JJ?

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#188 of 446 Old 12-14-2011, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_Cakes View Post

Another thing -- even on zantac it didn't help the amount Finn spit up/vomited.  It only helped the pain.  We've been wading thru puke for 4 months and really, it's ok.  We're all ok.  It's going to be ok.

Just keep repeating that to yourself, ok, JJ?

Totally agree with this! All the zantac has done for DD is make so she doesn't scream in pain when she burps or spits up.

#189 of 446 Old 12-14-2011, 02:52 PM

Here's a halloween gingerbread house we did one year. My kids LOVE doing gingerbread houses as you can see!

12544_178384571768_623856768_2835256_5112533_n.jpg

#190 of 446 Old 12-14-2011, 03:22 PM - Thread Starter

i 2nd going to the LLL meeting. the ones i've been to do have selected topics but those are always forgone if anyone has any questions or concerns they need help with. if you're not comfortable asking your question in front of the group, you can always ask a leader at the end. ours have always been an hour of discussion and then the leaders hang around for awhile if anyone needs personal help. also, if you call a leader, they are usually very happy to come to your home if they can. even if you don't get your specific concern answered, the support of other BFing moms can be invaluable.

and, yeah, don't mess with the formula. it is really very rare that a baby has a true allergy or sensitivity to mama's milk. if anything, it's something in mom's diet that can be cut out. i still can't eat beans or cooked tomatoes. they both give D gas that makes him very restless at night. formula, on the other hand, is much more likely to cause a true digestive problem. plus, that will disrupt the BFing relationship which could lead to further problems. it's a slippery slope.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

#191 of 446 Old 12-14-2011, 04:09 PM - Thread Starter

Unless you are really intoxicated or have a sleep disorder, you can sleep safely with your infant even if you feel completely exhausted. You will be surprised at how aware you are of your baby even in your sleep. There's a subconscious connection there, as long as you are breastfeeding, that helps you keep your baby safe and helps your baby keep herself safe. Did you see the Fox News report on the Milwaukee supposed co-sleeping deaths? There was some very interesting info in it about the relationship between the breastfeeding mother and her baby and how the baby behaves in a way that keeps her safe while sleeping next to mom. And, if you sleep with her, you will get more and better sleep so that you won't be so exhausted and then won't need to be so afraid.

Maybe a co-sleeper would be a good thing for you to invest in. I wish I had gotten one now for D because then we wouldn't have the issue of not having room in our bed for everyone. I don't think it's worth it for me to get one now, though. Oh well.

#192 of 446 Old 12-14-2011, 04:36 PM

MW, I get what you are saying but I remember those first three weeks when DD was in the hospital that there were nights that I was SO tired that I was afraid I would fall asleep standing up holding DD and drop her on the hard hospital floor. I remember leaning over her hospital bed so if I did fall asleep, she would just fall on her mattress. If I had been at home feeling like that, there is no way I would have put her next to me to sleep. But I'm not breastfeeding so maybe that's the part I'm missing. But now that I'm not so tired? I have no problem snuggling up with her to sleep. I'm not as comfortable with her being in the bed with DH alone though because he sleeps so deeply that sometimes I have a hard time waking him.

#193 of 446 Old 12-14-2011, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post

For us, giving DD even a bit of formula mixed in with breastmilk (per the nutritionist's instructions when she was still in the hospital) made her stomach worse. She cried and grunted and groaned from gas pains.

That's what I told DH-- that she was just as likely to throw up the formula since she's never had any and it would be a shock on her tummy. 

Carrie-- It's funny, I've been combing the kelly mom website all day, and we're leaning towards it just being an overactive letdown issue. She has a few of the symptoms for it being food related, but not enough for me to be convinced. I'm trying to nurse leaning really far back now, and also limit the length of her feeds, and supplement by nursing more often, ie trying to pull her off after five minutes, wait five or ten minutes, and then nurse for another five minutes. I've also stopped the five minutes each side, and we're getting her to feed from one breast each feeding-- I'm hoping that that way the milk won't be flowing as fast towards the end of the feed, whereas if I switch her to the other breast, it's just as fast again. 

Also, trying again with the pump. I figure we'll skip the formula for so many reasons, but if I can pump and feed her that, then it should "solve" the letdown issue, and let me see if she throws up after that feed... and give me a better idea of if that's the problem. If she still throws up, then I guess we'll look at diet. I'm just using an Avent ISIS manual pump, and in about 20-25 minutes, I got about 20cc. I -think- that's good for a first time pump, from what I remember reading, but it seems so futile! lol. At this rate it'll take me a whole day to collect enough for a single feeding. But-- worth it if it helps us determine what's wrong. 

Thanks for the reassurance ladies. I'm taking comfort in the fact that she's still obviously gaining weight (cheeks getting chubby now, and she's starting to get little chubby baby boobs. lol. 

MW-- I kind of wish we had bought a co-sleeper, but looking at it now, I don't know where we'd put it. When we bought the pack and play, we intended to use it as a sidecarred type bassinette, but once we set it up we realized there's no way to arrange our room for it to fit and us still be able to move around. lol. Ooops! Measurement problems. 

Annie-- I love that house! 

We'll be missing the meeting tonight due to severe road and freezing rain issues :(  I did ask to join the FB group though, and I think I might contact one of the leaders and meet up with her. 

Doula mama, medic daddy and Tenley Harper born naturally 11/29/11 delayedvax.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#194 of 446 Old 12-14-2011, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post

MW, I get what you are saying but I remember those first three weeks when DD was in the hospital that there were nights that I was SO tired that I was afraid I would fall asleep standing up holding DD and drop her on the hard hospital floor. I remember leaning over her hospital bed so if I did fall asleep, she would just fall on her mattress. If I had been at home feeling like that, there is no way I would have put her next to me to sleep. But I'm not breastfeeding so maybe that's the part I'm missing. But now that I'm not so tired? I have no problem snuggling up with her to sleep. I'm not as comfortable with her being in the bed with DH alone though because he sleeps so deeply that sometimes I have a hard time waking him.

Exactly. There's been nights I'm walking the house with her and I can literally feel my arms relaxing. lol. Never a good sign. And DH is the same way. He asked me this morning when he woke up how she slept last night, and if I got any sleep. I looked at him funny and was like yeah... she only woke up twice for feedings. He slept beside us the whole night, but didn't remember her screaming at 3am, or me getting out of bed, grabbing her, feeding her, changing her in the bed, rocking her, and then putting her back to sleep. He even got out of bed and put away the diaper... and didn't remember a thing. 

I can't wait until she's bigger and better able to fend for herself. lol. 

#195 of 446 Old 12-14-2011, 05:04 PM - Thread Starter

The thing that started me at co-sleeping was feeling that exhausted with Ryan. I was getting up and sitting in the rocking chair to feed him at night. I would feel myself start to fall asleep and was very afraid that I'd drop him. After several nights of that and being so exhausted from sleep-deprivation from having to get up, I took him to bed with me. Everything was fine after that. Sleeping with baby is not the same as trying to force yourself to stay awake standing or sitting to hold and feed baby.

JJ ~ That happens to me a lot. I may have some vague idea that maybe D woke and nursed but I'm not really sure. We rouse each other just enough for him to latch on and then we both fall back to sleep. I wake up and find my breast out and him laying next to me and have no idea if that's from him eating a while ago or just a few minutes or what. That's the great thing about co-sleeping and breastfeeding. Neither you nor your baby needs to wake fully to nurse so you don't lose as much sleep.

The only time my dh knows that D has woken in the night is when I have to get up to use the bathroom before I nurse him and he cries. Otherwise, no one else in the bed is aware of him waking at all (because he doesn't really wake). Ryan said his friends have asked him how it is having a baby in the house. They ask if D keeps Ryan up at night. Ryan says he never hears him cry at night.

#196 of 446 Old 12-14-2011, 05:37 PM

joy.gif

Ladies I gave myself a bit of time and then tried the second breast that she hadn't eaten out of, and went until it seemed pretty 'empty' pump wise, and then went back to the first one (it had been almost an hour at this point), and now between those sessions we've got 1.8oz. So we're about halfway there... lol  She should be up for a feeding sometime soon, which will be good because she'll be able to fully empty both breasts, and the flow should in theory be slower... and then I'll wait a bit and then try the pump again maybe after the next feeding. 

My gosh I hope this experiment works and it ends up being just a letdown issue. That seems like an easy one to 'fix'. 

#197 of 446 Old 12-14-2011, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineWife View Post

JJ ~ That happens to me a lot. I may have some vague idea that maybe D woke and nursed but I'm not really sure. We rouse each other just enough for him to latch on and then we both fall back to sleep. I wake up and find my breast out and him laying next to me and have no idea if that's from him eating a while ago or just a few minutes or what. That's the great thing about co-sleeping and breastfeeding. Neither you nor your baby needs to wake fully to nurse so you don't lose as much sleep.

But see, that type of situation would freak me out! I would feel like I could accidently cover up DD or something and not realize it if I was sleeping that soundly.

#198 of 446 Old 12-14-2011, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeninejessica View Post

joy.gif

Ladies I gave myself a bit of time and then tried the second breast that she hadn't eaten out of, and went until it seemed pretty 'empty' pump wise, and then went back to the first one (it had been almost an hour at this point), and now between those sessions we've got 1.8oz. So we're about halfway there... lol  She should be up for a feeding sometime soon, which will be good because she'll be able to fully empty both breasts, and the flow should in theory be slower... and then I'll wait a bit and then try the pump again maybe after the next feeding. 

My gosh I hope this experiment works and it ends up being just a letdown issue. That seems like an easy one to 'fix'. 

That's great!!

I hope you don't mind but I mentioned to DH what was going on with you and Tenley, and he reminded me that when he would give Finn a bottle, he wouldn't barf.  So. If you see that happening, we went thru it too!

Alternately, once you feel letdown, you could try popping her off and expressing off into a burp cloth or towel.  That REALLY helped us with the overactive letdown.  Made NIP impossible, but truth be told, so did the barfing.

#199 of 446 Old 12-14-2011, 06:04 PM - Thread Starter

I was going to suggest taking Tenley off once you feel the let-down and wait for the milk to stop coming out so fast. Then put her back on. That may help some with that. I have an extremely OALD that there is nothing I can do about. Block nursing helped some but didn't completely alleviate the problem.

Annie ~ But that's when the connection between breastfeeding baby and mom kicks in. Although I am sleeping enough so that I'm not completely aware of us waking to nurse every time, I am also acutely aware that D is next to me. I don't think it's something you can understand just from someone else trying to describe it. You have to experience it. I would not trust my dh to sleep next to our babies by himself. He would not have that same awareness that I do.

The professor in the Fox News report about the Milwaukee co-sleeping deaths explained it well. There is a way that breastfeeding moms and babies lay next to each other that keeps babies safe. Almost universally, baby is under the crook in mom's arm so that his face is level with her breasts. Baby actually moves only toward mom and the breast. Comparatively, bottle fed babies are usually propped up higher on pillows and move in every direction rather than just toward mom and breast. That makes it more likely that baby would get into a dangerous position.

#200 of 446 Old 12-14-2011, 07:03 PM - Thread Starter

carrie ~ i keep meaning to ask if you've tried one of Finn's necklaces around his ankle. i took D's hazelwood off and kept his amber on. in the last 3 days D has had a lot more gas and fussiness. i tried putting K's hazelwood on D's ankle but it's too big and slips off. i'm going to try his again. i think i tried once before but it was too small to double up.

in case you all missed it or passed it by, here is the fox news report i keep talking about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zL1FIiOyL8Y

#201 of 446 Old 12-14-2011, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineWife View Post
Annie ~ But that's when the connection between breastfeeding baby and mom kicks in. Although I am sleeping enough so that I'm not completely aware of us waking to nurse every time, I am also acutely aware that D is next to me. I don't think it's something you can understand just from someone else trying to describe it. You have to experience it. I would not trust my dh to sleep next to our babies by himself. He would not have that same awareness that I do.

That's how I hold her now when we sleep together but sometimes, she turns her face in to my boob and I seriously don't know how she can breathe. I turn her head when she does that so she can breathe better. But when she was brandnew, she would not have fit in that position. Maybe it's because of my ginormous boobs but there's just no way. biglaugh.gif

JJ, if the bottle works to help cut down on the spitting, you may want to look at getting an electric pump so you can pump more milk in one session.

#202 of 446 Old 12-14-2011, 07:19 PM

Oh I meant to tell you guys. I know how much we all hate birthing shows but I like to torture myself! I watched last night's episode of One Born Every Minute and one of the births was with a baby that has a CHD. They had a prenatal diagnosis so they were expecting it but the baby still had to get transferred to a different hospital. You can watch episodes online if anyone is interested in a peek inside what happens after a CHD baby is born. I started bawling every time that family came on the screen, especially when they were showing getting the umbilical lines started, bringing the baby in before they transported her and some other things that were big triggers. It was helpful though to see that even with a prenatal diagnosis, there is still a lot of fear and uncertainty.

#203 of 446 Old 12-14-2011, 07:46 PM - Thread Starter

i can't watch those shows. i caught a little bit of one last night. don't know which one. they were all going on about how much pain this woman was in. i just kept thinking, well, yeah, you've got her flat on her back and are checking her cervix during a contraction while telling her not to push. i yell at the tv and ethan thinks i'm crazy. lol.gif

ya know, i worry about the same type of thing with breathing when D is in my wrap. he always puts his face straight into my chest. i don't see how he can breathe but he does. it must be because babies' noses are flat with their nostrils out to the sides just for that purpose.

#204 of 446 Old 12-15-2011, 03:37 AM

OMG what a lot to catch up on.

JJ: We have that rocker thing that was linked for you. It is total awesomeness. DD loves it. I don't know how long we'll be able to use it, but it was totally worth the $50 at Target. Not only does it cradle her, it also helps keep baby elevated a bit which can help with reflux. (not that that is really an issue for us, but it's a thought)

Definitely try an electric pump. I think the Medela Swings aren't too pricy. Not only will you likely get more milk, you will get it faster. I have a Lanisoh manual pump and it works ok, but boy my hand gets tired.

Re: co-sleeping - DD always squishes super near my boob, I'd like more space and keep scooching her further out, but she ends up in the same spot *shrugs* guess that is where she wants to be!

DH is also pretty oblivious to her wakings. When we had DS, people told us to wake him up when she woke up so he could "help" - I was like WTF? why would I interrupt his sleep? and what would he "help" with?

Those shows are addictive, but they drive me bonkers. My favorite is I didn't Know I was Pregnant and all of the women (most of whom have been pregnant before!) are like "I didn't get any prenatal care! will my baby be ok?" and I am like, what about prenatal care will make your baby healthier? that I just don't understand.

The main problem I have with the birth shows is I - being cynical - just see the cascade of interventions, like what played out in DS's birth and go yup, she'll end up with a c-section. They love to have one mom who wants to go natural and one mom that wants an epidural asap. And half the time the mom who wants to go natural ends up asking for an epi, and the one who wanted an epi can't get one or it doesn't take.

I'm so ready for Christmas! bring it on!

Katrina - Mama to Gabriel  sleepytime.gif 11/20/2009 and Norah vbac.gif 10/11/2011- married to Wayne - geek.gif novaxnocirc.gifbfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifcd.gif&nbspand now new baby Theodore born 3/11/13 vbac.gif

#205 of 446 Old 12-15-2011, 08:20 AM

Kat - Was it you who has the K'Tan carrier?  I am thinking of getting one - I have a pouch sling now, but with baby boy getting so big it hurts my should after a while and I thought that maybe the K'Tan would be better since it goes over both shoulders and the weight would be more evenly distributed.  What do you think?  Or anyone else - what is your favorite carrier for a heavy baby??  

SAHM to DD1 - 6 blahblah.gif, DD2- 3energy.gif,DS Oct 2011 babyboy.gif Wife to dh.   homeschool.giftoddler.gif  sleepytime.giffamilybed1.gif

#206 of 446 Old 12-15-2011, 08:29 AM

Ooh, Mom2One, we are talking about this exact thing in my DDC.  I have a Boba carrier that I use exclusively now that DS is 18 pounds.  I want to practice back carries in it, b/c at 20 lbs they say you can do a back carry.  The problem is I have no idea how I'm going to get this floppy infant on and off my back -- off especially, in, like, a parking lot.  DD was 18 months old when she was 20 lbs so she was a lot easier and could climb!

Otherwise what about an Ergo?

I wish I could watch that Born Every Minute -- though TLC's baby story used to burn me up so much.  I always thought it was unfair that they documented these births, and yet nobody would offer actual advice!!  These people were making mistakes leading to interventions, c-sections, failed bf'ing relationships and NOBODY is responsible for educating these young people.  It woud just burn me up.  Yet another reason I'm sort of happy we don't have cable.  Less stress in my life!!

Since being sick, Nora's been begging to go to bed early.  I'm going to stick with it.  Bedtime the past few nights has been 8 pm.  Of course she wakes and comes in with me around 12, but I find I don't mind it at all b/c once she's with me she sleeps soundly.

#207 of 446 Old 12-15-2011, 08:40 AM

Carrie - Thanks for the info!  I do like the look of the Boba - are they expensive?  

And yay for earlier bed time!  I try to get the girls in bed by 7 - 7:30 although they usually don't fall asleep until 8- 8:30 , but I find I NEED that extra time in the evening to just veg!  Although the last couple of nights Dax has been awake and nursing for most of the evening - but at least I can still just sit on the couch and nurse him.  How is Norah feeling?

SAHM to DD1 - 6 blahblah.gif, DD2- 3energy.gif,DS Oct 2011 babyboy.gif Wife to dh.   homeschool.giftoddler.gif  sleepytime.giffamilybed1.gif

#208 of 446 Old 12-15-2011, 08:43 AM

sorry - your Nora doesn't have the Hredface.gif

#209 of 446 Old 12-15-2011, 09:27 AM

1ht

I like the k'tan for this stage. we have a local baby wearing group and I think I want to learn how to back wrap in a woven wrap. need help choosing a wrap though!

I have the Boba and like it way better than the Ergo. Not really any more expensive either.about 80-100 I think. sometimes find for less on diaperswappers.

yay for early bedtimes!

#210 of 446 Old 12-15-2011, 11:03 AM

Yeah, I'm hoping I can keep it up.  It works out much better.  Even if I can't get Finn down first, as long as he's content there's no reason I can't lay with her, get her to sleep, and then rejoin him and DH.  We've actually had time to watch TV together this week and it's been great!

MW - I tried both necklaces around his ankle, and they're just too big.  I can't loop it 3 times, but 2 is too loose.  For now, he's back to just hazelwood -- it's amazing.  His breath is sweet again, and much less puke.  It's uncanny.  It has to be the necklace.

Tags
Pregnancy

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page