Metformin through pregnancy? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 12-04-2011, 08:25 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I have PCOS and have been trying to get pregnant for 13 years. My doctor recently put me on Metformin which regulated my cycles and I got my two lines within five months. I have read a lot about whether you should or shouldn't stay on it through your pregnancy...mostly not. My doctor has opted to have me stay on it. (I am 14 weeks now) I am looking for other women who have stayed on it through their pregnancys and if their babies are healthy. Did they have to constantly poke your babies after birth to check their blood sugar? How does this effect them after birth when they are no longer getting it? Any first hand advice would be so appreciated! Thank you.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 12-05-2011, 05:09 PM

Location: Northern New Jersey office/telephone wellness sessions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hello,

Within my professional experience, I have had PCOS clients consult with me to wean off the metformin because they were experiencing gastrointestinal challenges, which was harmful to their overall health and painful.  There was a major challenge with properly digesting food, which impaired absorption of nutrients.  They were able to successfully stop the metaformin with the assistance of complementary and alternative medicine.  With the support of a healthy diet, enzymes, exercise, herbal remedies, aromatherapy blends for ovary/womb health, and other options, they were able to address the PCOS.  Best to consult with the appropriate practitioner.

My best,

Nicole

Tags
Pregnancy

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page