I'm 36 weeks. Can bright red cheeks be a pregnancy symptom? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 12-14-2011, 09:26 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

No fever, although I am sick. The cheeks on my face are bright red- especially one side. It's not raised above the skin- but it does look "rashy". Just smooth. It seriously looks like my cheeks were slapped.

It can't be "fifth disease" because I have for sure had that as a teenager a decade ago.

Can pregnancy hormones cause weird skin pigmentations like this randomly? 

Me whistling.gif Wife / SAHM / Musician/ Actress/ Queen of this castle. Progeny: William (January 2007), Tristan (November 2008) and expecting Lukas stork-boy.gif due January 2012!!  lactivist.gif femalesling.GIFwaterbirth.jpg dishes.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 12-14-2011, 09:27 PM - Thread Starter

I have my next prenatal on Friday so I'll ask my midwife then...But I was hoping to get responses here too! Feeling a little worried...It's so bizarre looking!

Me whistling.gif Wife / SAHM / Musician/ Actress/ Queen of this castle. Progeny: William (January 2007), Tristan (November 2008) and expecting Lukas stork-boy.gif due January 2012!!  lactivist.gif femalesling.GIFwaterbirth.jpg dishes.gif

#3 of 5 Old 12-15-2011, 05:40 PM

Yes.

I was thinking pregnancy mask, but that is usually brown.

At 36 weeks you've got a lot of extra blood, hormones galore, and maybe your capillaries are just flushed. Plus you are running hotter than usual.

I had my first baby in a northern climate and the dry heated air + cold outside temps did a number on my skin. I got chapped very easily. Could that be a factor?

One happy momma joy.gif to a very spirited little girl dust.gif, her tough little brother superhero.gif, and a happy little suprise late April 2012 stork-suprise.gif. Wife to an overworked and under paid husband geek.gif.

#4 of 5 Old 12-15-2011, 06:50 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbbieB View Post

Yes.

I was thinking pregnancy mask, but that is usually brown.

At 36 weeks you've got a lot of extra blood, hormones galore, and maybe your capillaries are just flushed. Plus you are running hotter than usual.

I had my first baby in a northern climate and the dry heated air + cold outside temps did a number on my skin. I got chapped very easily. Could that be a factor?

yeahthat.gif It could be a combination of irritated skin, and the extra blood pumping through your system.

Wife to DH, mama to bikenew.gif DD (7) ribboncesarean.gif, babyf.gif DS born 3/12 ribboncesarean.gif, and have had five early losses. angel1.gif
I have Stiff Person Syndrome and my other car is a candy apple red Rascal. Feel free to ask me about it. wheelchair.gif
#5 of 5 Old 12-16-2011, 01:14 AM

i have the 'pregnancy glow', my cheeks, etc are rosier than usual.  it's symmetrical though.  i would wonder if something else was going on if it was just on one side of my face.  if you're worried about it, you should go get it looked at :)

heartbeat.gif

Tags
Pregnancy

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page