Lying about last period day... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 12-26-2011, 04:01 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I live in Korea where csections are the norm.
My mom n sisters all went late with their babies. At least 42wks to 43wks.
My first baby they induced and I was in labbor for 3days.
Id freaked because they said I had to have a csection on friday 42wks and lost it.

Anyway Im pregnant again and abt to go in for my first prenatal at nearly 8wks.

Im contemplating lying about my last period day by a few days to give myself more time at the end. Anyone know of a reason I shouldnt?

nak.giffambedsingle1.gifslingboy.gif
#2 of 5 Old 12-26-2011, 09:05 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

There's the whole trust issue with you care provider, but you have to decide what's most comfortable/important to you.

If you need any ultrasounds down the road, they may discover you're further along than you thought you were.

It's a tough call though. It's a little unclear to me....with your first baby, did you go right to 42 weeks? And I'm hoping by "lost it" you meant emotionally vs. actually losing the baby. Are there any other alternative care providers available to you? midwives who may be a little more leniant or at least more supportive? Would you consider birthing unassisted?

Laurie, wife to guitar.gifDH (Aug/04), mom tobikenew.gifDS1 (Nov/05) and bfinfant.gifDS2 (June/12).

#3 of 5 Old 12-26-2011, 10:19 AM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)

I would lie but only i there was no other way and only if I could avoid first trimester ultrasounds.

But then again, my only options should I ever get pregnant again (god forbid!) are repeat csec or UC.

Bring back the old MDC
#4 of 5 Old 12-26-2011, 10:58 PM - Thread Starter

Oh jeez bad wording - Emotionally I lost it. They were threatening a Csection if I hit 42wks so I induced at +10 days out of fear of a csection.

When they did the ultrasound the first pregnancy they just said he was between 7-8wks old. That's why I was thinking of fudging it by about 4 days. It wont give me a lot of time but maybe a few extra days at the end for him/her to get ready.

There are huge trust issues between me and my doctor. She's the best that can be found in Seoul at a price I can afford (private birth clinic is about 5x more) but she lied to me about some really important things while I was pregnant with L (His position, and how badly I tore during birth, and a couple other small things to try to control / scare me into doing what she wanted.) Sadly - she really is the best and everyone recommends her as the best of the poor options. The vast majority of babies here are born by Csection, and doctors wont let you birth in the water - she's the only one who doesn't typically do csections and will do water births and allows Doulas to be present. 

nak.giffambedsingle1.gifslingboy.gif
#5 of 5 Old 12-27-2011, 06:50 AM

Since last period day is not a very accurate measure of gestational age (many women have irregular cycles, etc) I see no reason fudging it abit.

FWIW: I *knew* when I conceived both my children, and went by those dates - I charted, etc - and yet my son measured a bit ahead on ultrasound, and my daughter measured a bit small. When they were born - both at 41+6 - my daughter, who had always measured small, weighed nearly a full pound larger than her brother had at birth, and was about the same length. It just goes to show that ultrasounds are at best an educated guess.

Best of luck to you! I hope that this baby doesn't decide to delay as long as your first, so having a c-section just for being "late" isn't even an option!

Katrina - Mama to Gabriel  sleepytime.gif 11/20/2009 and Norah vbac.gif 10/11/2011- married to Wayne - geek.gif novaxnocirc.gifbfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifcd.gif&nbspand now new baby Theodore born 3/11/13 vbac.gif

Tags
Pregnancy

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page