Is this early labour? Prodromal labour? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 12-28-2011, 05:31 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm  a few days past 37 weeks.  So, on Dec. 24, I believe I lost much of the mucus plug.  Dec 25 from about 11 am-8 pm, I had menstural like crampiness and contractions every 4 minutes.  Occaisionally they'd slow, but most of that time was 4 minutes.  They didn't hurt and didn't progress.  Dec 26 was fine and then yesterday, the 27th, I had contractions 3 minutes apart starting around 4 pm.  They got to 2 minutes apart, but didn't go any closer together.  They finally stopped after I went to sleep around midnight (i tried to sleep earlier but couldn't).  

What is this?  I'm feeling very frustrated, I've read some about prodromal labour, but can it really be 2 minute apart contractions?  I guess the answer is yes :)  but does this mean anything?  Am I going to put up with this for another 2 and a half weeks?  Last night, my doula was here for 5 hours, just hanging, and we half-filled the birth pool, and thought somethign may come of it...but no.  We called my step-mom to babysit my son.  If this goes on for a long time, how much will I disrupt these people's lives?!  Since, you don't want to ignore 2 minutes apart contractions, right?

Another thing is that with my previous labour, contractions were not painful until my midwife did AROM when I was 7 cm.  These contractions feel similar to what I had getting to 7 cm.  My son's labour was 5 hours.  I had Braxton Hicks, but nothing regular until labour.  So, that's another reason I'm kind of on high alert and frustrated!

#2 of 2 Old 12-28-2011, 08:10 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hugs, mama. I have heard of women having Prodromal Labor that went like you've described and for one lady I know it did last for weeks.

People understand that this is not your fault...try to stay relaxed....I know, easier said than done....but you know that if you get stressed, it's not going to make labor come faster and it's going to make you tired and skew your perception of things. Prodormal labor can be a "small deal" or it can really suck and like anything in life, it's gonna be a hell of a lot easier if you go into it with an easy, relaxed mindset.

I hope that you are too busy pushing out a baby to even read this post, but if not, don't worry my love...it will come so soon. Remember, these last few days stretch like FOREVER....but as soon as that baby comes, you forget about all of it. It will be okay. No one is going to remember what a pain in the ass this was, not even you.

PEACEFUL LABOR VIBES to you!

Me and DH ...lovin' DD dust.gif(6/08) and DS kid.gif(11/09) Plus NEW BABY!! DD baby.gif (UC-5/12) We heartbeat.gif Water Birth/Homebirth/No Vax or Circ/BF/BW/Country Livin'! chicken3.gif

Tags
Pregnancy

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page