Bajingo Babies in the New Year: Having Baby #1 in Our 30's, Winter 2012 - Page 17 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#481 of 492 Old 03-28-2012, 09:49 AM

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)

Caly, we're going with a grey/yellow theme (grey walls and yellow curtains, rug, and so on), which also happened to be my wedding colors.  As a result, I have some cool fabric leftover for pillows and fun stuff like that.  We wanted neutral but sweet.

Andaluza, I can't take a lot of credit for the home stuff since DH has been on a rampage.  He ripped out the driveway and plans to have the whole thing repaved (with concrete pavers) this weekend.  Whoa.  As far as sleeping goes, I'm pretty comfortable in general.  I just wake up somewhere between 2 and 4 in the morning completely unable to get back to sleep.  It really sucks.  It's completely random (last night was fine, for example) and doesn't seem to have any particular cause.  I've been having a lot of almost-nightmares the past few nights (people chasing me, ghost dreams, etc.) that leave me waking up with a high heart rate.  I'm sure it's just weird latent anxiety or something.  I guess I have to have something to complain about, because so far I feel like I'm having a pretty awesome second trimester.   I did end up adding a pillow to my body pillow (I have the Leachco All Nighter, but it's sort of similar to the snoogie) because I was having weird neck issues too.  I think being more propped up helps with heartburn too...  Haven't had much of that, but I suspect it's coming.

Beautiful baby girl born 8/13/2012. Little star baby lost at 10 weeks pregnant, 12/18/2013. Currently due 12/13/2014 with a rainbow.
#482 of 492 Old 03-29-2012, 08:40 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Baby is still in the womb. Grandpa died this morning and against my previous inclinations, we're going to the funeral four hours away. Probably driving up tomorrow then coming home right after the funeral. This baby is named for this grandpa. It was a peaceful passing but hard nonetheless. Wish me NO LABOR YET thoughts for the next three days please!!!

Married to my favorite man in '07. Our firstborn came along in April 2012 (HBC), and our second is on the way, due sometime in May 2014 (planning an HBAC).
#483 of 492 Old 03-29-2012, 09:20 AM

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)

Rosie, I'm so sorry about your grandfather.  How bittersweet that as you welcome your little one into the world a much loved member of your family is leaving it.  I hope everything works out so you can get peace at the funeral and get home in time for the labor you are hoping for.  hug2.gif

Beautiful baby girl born 8/13/2012. Little star baby lost at 10 weeks pregnant, 12/18/2013. Currently due 12/13/2014 with a rainbow.
#484 of 492 Old 03-29-2012, 09:42 AM

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)

Rosie, my condolences. My grandfather died just as we were buying our first house.It's amazing how these events overlap. I wish you a peaceful day and hope Odin can be patient through this. 

ecstatic about BFP #2 after another round of Clomid,
TWINS!
EDD 2/15/2015
thrilled to welcome #1 after 17 months of ttc, 1 round of Clomid

DS LG  08/03/12
#485 of 492 Old 03-29-2012, 03:06 PM

So sorry to hear this, Rosie and I'm willing labor to stay away for your journey. 

Dh and I no longer have living grandparents, but we attended the funeral of our 92 year-old neighbor, who was very dear to us, just as we found out I was pregnant. I found it really humbling to think about and take part in the cycle of life.

hola.gifAndaluza (36) & dh (39), married 11 years! babyboy.gif M 8/23/12.  One cat.gif

#486 of 492 Old 03-30-2012, 03:57 AM

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)

RosieL, sorry to hear of your Grandpa's passing.  I hope your time with family will be filled with time to reflect on good memories of a life well lived.

Crafty Geeky lady (37, hypothyroid) married 7/2010 love of my life (42, azoospermia). I believe in MIRACLES! Twin boys born 12/21/13 at 40 weeks 2 days! 3/52 crafts in 2014 Ramsey's BS1: Done! 2/17/12 BS 2 goal: 6/7/17 no sperm initial DX 3/23/12 BFP 4/7/13!
#487 of 492 Old 03-30-2012, 05:20 AM

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)

I sent Bel a pm after profile stalking her, it says she hasn't been online since 2/12! Really hoping everything is okay and she's just busy taking excellent care of herself and preparing for her babes. stillheart.gif

ecstatic about BFP #2 after another round of Clomid,
TWINS!
EDD 2/15/2015
thrilled to welcome #1 after 17 months of ttc, 1 round of Clomid

DS LG  08/03/12
#488 of 492 Old 03-31-2012, 08:10 PM

Hey guys!

It's the old gang....I didn't realize you were all here!

I'm very happy to say that I am 14 weeks on wednesday!  We got just a little bit of help from a fertility doc, and it happened!

I will catch up, though there are many many pages to go through.  Rosie, sorry about your grandpa.  My granny passed just days after we found out about the baby.  It was very weird.

:)

EDD 10/3

dog2.gif Early childhood teacher, animal rescuer, guardian to 2 dogs and 2 cats.cat.gifjoy.gifOur little kumquat Rose is here!  Born 9/18!  joy.gifbfinfant.giffamilybed1.gif

#489 of 492 Old 04-01-2012, 08:28 AM

congrats catheleni!

I can't wait to see everyones babies!

Awesome vegan mom to wolverine babyf.gif11/11 and sabertooth 11/13 and partner to a drum.gifwe also have dog2.gif

#490 of 492 Old 04-01-2012, 08:56 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Cathelini! I'm so excited to see you here! What's your EDD? Can I add you to the list?

Rosie, I'm so very sorry to hear about your grandpa. I hope you made it back safely.

Boots, keep us posted on Bel. I've been wondering how she's doing.

partners.gif  +babyf.gifjoy.gif

#491 of 492 Old 04-01-2012, 09:23 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
#492 of 492 Old 02-05-2014, 05:58 PM

Hi everyone!

I had a quick question for you all. I was thinking about getting a fetal doppler, but wasn't sure. I've heard mostly good things, but I've heard some discouraging things. I really liked this site, http://www.fetaldopplerbeats.com/, because they give me a lot of information and everything seems to be FDA approved, but I'm not sure. Also, is the sonoline be really the one to get? I was looking at it on their site, sonoline b fetal doppler, but it looks just like all the other ones so I can't tell!

Any help would be appreciated!

Fiona

Tags
Pregnancy

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page