Bajingo Babies in the New Year: Having Baby #1 in Our 30's, Winter 2012 - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 492 Old 01-11-2012, 07:48 PM

Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)

Erica, here's the original honey badger video: (not safe for work!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4r7wHMg5Yjg

And if you didn't get enough honey badger, here's author John Green's video about the wonders of the honey badger:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9Jr9JKpsX8

Have a nice night everyone!

ecstatic about BFP #2 after another round of Clomid,
TWINS!
EDD 2/15/2015
thrilled to welcome #1 after 17 months of ttc, 1 round of Clomid

DS LG  08/03/12
#122 of 492 Old 01-12-2012, 06:03 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

best honey badger video ever!

little did we know how much wolverine would actually be like a wolverine when he came out. 

Awesome vegan mom to wolverine babyf.gif11/11 and sabertooth 11/13 and partner to a drum.gifwe also have dog2.gif

#123 of 492 Old 01-12-2012, 07:35 AM

Caly, I don't understand the lack of Fridayness, either. I am not going to complain because I get a three-day weekend, woohoo! Thank you MLK!

TT, I hope you let us know ASAP about your next beta!

Erica, your dog is too much. If I had any crafting desire left in me, I would knit him a sweater. :)

Tank, given the nature of babies, I'm not quite sure how honey badger could NOT be like honey badger, except maybe the biting the heads off cobras. And the ball-attacking thing (second video. hehe) We can only hope.

Felt like crap last night and slept with seabands on. Feeling okay today. Actually a little more alert than previous days. Yelled at huz a lot this morning, though. Getting angry seems to wake me up.

Hope everyone is well.Got a message from OB, have to call my doc today and I'm expecting to hear maybe about the ultrasound pics of my ovaries and about whether I should stop the Metformin.

On the topic of baby stuff, ugh this is so overwhelming. I have been looking into wraps but I am not sure if I should go stretchy or gauze since it will be SO hot here in August. We're discussing best plus-size carriers over on the plus size mamas group. Plus I doubt I'll be going for walks with the babe until months after it is born, it doesn't get below 100 here until sometimes November. Ugh! Also, what is best to nurse in, a ring sling?

Opinions on swings and bouncy seats?

Also, a big question for me is a glider for the nursery. I am wondering how useful this would really be. I'm sure we'll have HB in our bedroom for a good long while (still undecided about cosleeper vs. side-carred crib) but I think it would be nice to have somewhere comfortable to nurse or to have huz soothe the babe away from our bedroom. Thoughts?

TWINS!
EDD 2/15/2015

DS LG  08/03/12
#124 of 492 Old 01-12-2012, 09:17 AM

#125 of 492 Old 01-12-2012, 10:04 AM

I take that back. I feel nauseous again. Bleeeh. Not fun with 30 teenagers who watch your every move. Also, still don't want to tell everyone, and my stupid shirt isn't long enough to cover my seabands. (Damn long arms, it's supposed to be). So weird: Today I had more energy, but feel sick. Rest of week, dead tired, no nausea.

TWINS!
EDD 2/15/2015

DS LG  08/03/12
#126 of 492 Old 01-12-2012, 10:29 AM

boots: That first video is the one I saw on youtube! Lol. The guy narrating just cracked me upppp. My little man... he's the sweetest pup around. He's come to work with me everyday! Also, my friend loves this lady on fb and her wraps. I'm def gonna invest in one and you can pick like everything out. You can search "sleeping baby productions" on fb. So many colors and options to choose from.

birdie: Lol. My cousin swears by the wipe warmer too. I will def be adding one to my registry!

AFM: Didn't get the flu shot, stayed at my Mom's. Hubs said he had no fever this am and feels better... he went to the Dr anyway, and they told him from his symptoms it's either viral... or the beginnings of appendicitis? Um?? Weirdddd. Please tell me why I wore jeans to work today. I just want my sweats on. Grr. Anyone else super uncomfortable in like everything you own? Annoyance.

erica (33) hubs (36)
Ruby Mae , 9/1/12
****5****10****15****20****25****30****35***40

Breast cancer survivor!
#127 of 492 Old 01-12-2012, 10:37 AM

NOOO, my reply got eaten greensad.gif

ericaf - I was going to say don't get the shot, but you already replied you didn't, so yay! smile.gif

boots - we were going to get a glider but my MIL mentioned she had trouble getting in and out of the glider while holding baby, and I could definitely see what she meant once I thought about it. Instead I use my armchairs. We have two, one upstrairs and one downstairs. They both rock, and can put the feet up. They were actually lifesafers while rpegnant. I slept in them a lot for the last 10-12 weeks of pregnancy, because sleeping semi-upright helped my heartburn and was a lot easier on my back.

boots and birdie - we had a Mei Tai from the start and it was WAAAAAAY too hot for a July baby. But Kayden is also a little portable furnace so maybe it's just him!

Playmats, Kayden has used his since a few weeks old and still loves it now (he'll be 6 months on Saturday). It's probably our only purchase that has lasted this long except our convertible carseats. We have this one:
http://www.toysrus.ca/product/index.jsp?productId=4489202
At first he loved the lights, now he likes catching the moving birds. The only thing I wish is that it would do both the moving mobile and the flashing lights at the same time. Otherwise, it's perfect smile.gif

Married to my wonderful DH 5/2010, Mom to DS1 Kayden 7-14-2011 wild.gif and DS2 Jakob 8-29-2013 babyf.gif

Owned by Friesians and Drum Horses, plus the dogs, cats, rabbits and chickens

#128 of 492 Old 01-12-2012, 11:11 AM

P.S. Hmph! Interesting. Lol.

http://shine.yahoo.com/parenting/childs-name-says-190200111.html

erica (33) hubs (36)
Ruby Mae , 9/1/12

Breast cancer survivor!
#129 of 492 Old 01-12-2012, 11:40 AM

Livingsky, I have totally thought about getting a recliner instead! I liked the idea I saw somewhere that if the baby falls asleep you can just kick back and snooze yourself, comfortably. Then we could always use it later in our house. I really don't like the look of most of the gliders, recliners are not super stylish either but I think you have more options and they are more multipurpose.

I cannot BELIEVE Kayden is six months! How time flies.

So does anyone know what the coolest baby wrap for summer would be? I think I read something about a woven wrap. What about slings?

Erica, I have jeans on today too, and I feel uncomfortable. I don't even think I've gained weight, I think I'm just super sensitive now to things pressing on my stomach and my skin in general is more sensitive. It might be time to order the maternity jeans, a big stretchy waist sounds good. I also have some drawstring work pants I wish I would've worn! I have linen ones, too, with a stretch waist but I tried to wear those last week and they were so itchy! Like I said I'm just hypersensitive. I'm not sure about a bella band for me, it seems like it would be weird with my body shape. I tried to wear pants with the hairtie button trick and was so uncomfortable anyway.

Interesting about the wipe warmer! I will definitely add one, and a playmat.

TWINS!
EDD 2/15/2015

DS LG  08/03/12
#130 of 492 Old 01-12-2012, 02:25 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Boots and Erica, that's why I got maternity pants (the kind without the "secret belly") long before I needed them. I just couldn't stand to have anything firm around my abdomen. I've never been able to tolerate restrictive clothing of any sort, though. I would wear pajamas all day, everyday if I could get away with it.

Bootsie, I can't imagine having to teach through nausea. Yuck! I really hope it passes soon.

Ack, Birdie, now I feel bad for suggesting that wipe warmers are superfluous! Forgive me!

I'm finally having pregnant lady pee issues. Despite drinking lots and lots of water, I haven't been peeing much at all during the day. Sometimes I feel like I need to, but only a little comes out. BUT, when I lay down to go to sleep at night, I suddenly have to go buckets. Yesterday, I drank a full 64 oz. of water while I was at work. I only peed once the entire nine hours I was there, but I had to go several times after I went to bed last night. I have this theory that my uterus is somehow blocking the flow of urine when I'm upright but that it moves out of the way when I lay down at night. Am I nuts?

partners.gif  +babyf.gifjoy.gif

#131 of 492 Old 01-12-2012, 02:55 PM

I hope it went really well for you today, tickletoes!! goodvibes.gif goodvibes.gif

Boots, sorry you are still feeling nauseated. I am in a similar climate and am thinking about carriers that are more along the lines of ergo, bjorn, instead of wraps, but they all seem like they'd trap heat. There is a sea of info out there, and some of it is freaking me out.

Erica, sorry about your dh's illness. Mine works around kids all day and is always telling me about their illness and bad hygiene, but usually even he can avoid getting sick from them. I had a flu shot back in Oct before I got pregnant, and am glad I did, since I wouldn't be comfortable getting one when pregnant. I think it's good to be safe, but as long as you are washing your hands, you should be good (he wouldn't cough or sneeze on you, but be careful of other people). 

That's interesting,Calycanth, about the pee. Lately I've staved off the nighttime peeing by going right before falling asleep (around 1230 or 1) and then going right when dh wakes up for work (530), which is hours later, but is a better rhythm than waking up several times at night. Soon I won't have the luxury of going back to sleep for a few hours after her leaves, so I'll need to go to sleep sooner and I'm worried I'll be back to getting up at 2, 3, 4, am. But what I also find is that when I wake up in the am to pee, I have a strong urge but it comes out really slowly and I do have a feeling it must have something to do with the position of my uterus.

Yeah, Erica, Boots, and Calycanth, I am totally with you on the pants thing. I am sure I could button them, but I really dislike the idea of anything digging in. I went into the office for a few hours yesterday with the hair-tie thing but without the bella band and didn't expect many people to be around, but there were and I had to keep pulling my sweater down because I hadn't zipped my pants all the way. I am going to shop this weekend and see if Target has more colors in the belly band they have, since I only have black and that's why I didn't wear it yesterday. I should also go to some real maternity stores and sections of stores to see how the clothes actually fit.

AFM, I think I may be getting something like round ligament pain: sudden pangs in the area between my uterus and left ovary. It happened a few times this morning and then when I got up from sitting. I don't think it's gas. Someone on my ddc said it could also just be regular uterine growth, too. I have also had pain in my tailbone today. Nothing is too severe, though.

hola.gifAndaluza (36) & dh (39), married 11 years! babyboy.gif M 8/23/12.  One cat.gif

#132 of 492 Old 01-12-2012, 02:59 PM

#133 of 492 Old 01-12-2012, 03:28 PM - Thread Starter

Andaluza, how do you like your belly band? I've had good luck finding comfy maternity clothes on sale at Gap and Old Navy, though I've only shopped online. I ordered a couple things from Motherhood, but I didn't like any of them. I tried to return them at one of their stores this weekend, but with online sales they'll only give you in-store credit, so I decided to send them back.

#134 of 492 Old 01-12-2012, 03:40 PM

Thanks, ladies! I had my blood drawn today - they are checking my progesterone as well as hcg. I should have my results tomorrow. I bought some sticks to pee on in the meantime... just to keep myself from going crazy. I figured that if the sticks are negative, then nothing has changed and I keep worrying. And if they are positive, then I can worry less because two days ago I couldn't turn a stick positive at all.

I took the test at 6 PM...

IMG_1761.JPG

The positive line showed up BEFORE the urine made it to the test line!!! I have never had a test turn positive so quickly and so darkly! Last time it was faint after waiting the max amount of time and it never got darker. So I'm feeling much more hopeful about what my blood results will be.

Boots, Its possible that I ovulated later than I think I did... I keep trying to analyze my chart with this possibility in mind, but can't make sense of it. Sorry you are feeling so sick.

Erica - you have got the CUTEST little dog I've ever seen! OMG! Hope you and hubby stay well.

Hykue - thanks for keeping your brain crossed! I hope it doesn't give you a headache!

Caly - hearing about how low your levels were at first is very encouraging. Thank you so much for telling me that!

My goal is to try to relax as much as possible. I've always hated meditation, but I downloaded a pregnancy meditation app on my iPad last night and I absolutely LOVED it! This guy has such a soothing voice and I really appreciated that he started out by giving me permission to let my mind wander or even to fall asleep in the middle of the meditation. These are things that typically stress me out and/or drive me batty when I try to meditate. So I'm going to use the app daily from now on.

A friend of mine is a licensed acupuncturist... I spoke with her over the phone last night. She suggested that I eat more red meat and sweet potatoes. She also suggested a liquid iron supplement called Floradix. Have any of you taken it? One other thing she suggested to me was to take a ginger bath once a week to help my body warm up a bit since I am always so cold. The idea is that you drink homemade ginger tea while also bathing in it so your body can warm itself from all directions. I'm going to try it without getting the water to my usual scalding temperature and see if it helps.

Oh, and I won a national child care teaching award! I placed in the top ten and have a chance to be named national child care teacher of the year! I found this out today... all in all, this year is starting to look much better than last :)

Early childhood teacher TTC #1 after 3 early losses ribbonpb.gif.ribbonpb.gifribbonpb.gif My chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/Tickletoes

My blog: http://mappingoutmotherhood.blogspot.com/

#135 of 492 Old 01-12-2012, 04:08 PM

How wonderful, both the test and the award, Tickletoes! Double congratulations.

Calycanth, I got the bella band because I had a $10 coupon from Amazon (thanks, Kindle!) and it still shipped for free, but I've also heard that the Target ones are cheaper and similar. It's pretty much like spandex. I missed it yesterday because it hides the zipper being undone and such well. I don't think it would do a good job of keeping things in their correct places, though. I don't have much more than a little bloat, either, at this point, so it doesn't really feel constricting. I don't know how that will change over time. It was nice when I was visiting the northeast because when I wore it I kept it over my whole torso and it gave me an extra layer of warmth. I know I won't appreciate that at all in June-August! That's kind of why I don't want to buy much at all in terms of maternity clothes. When I'll need them most is when I'll prefer to wear as little as possible. 

hola.gifAndaluza (36) & dh (39), married 11 years! babyboy.gif M 8/23/12.  One cat.gif

#136 of 492 Old 01-12-2012, 04:42 PM

I bought some bella bands when I was pregnant last time because I was so bloated really early on. I miscarried before they arrived, so I didn't get the chance to see how they worked with pants unbuttoned. But, I recently purchased a few shirts that are a tad too short with some of my pants. I was getting sick of having a cold sliver of belly showing and decided to try a bella band under the shirt to make it look layered without adding bulk. It worked well for that and I thought it was warm and comfortable. But that was without being pregnant and having any bloat and without dealing with keeping pants up and whatnot.

Early childhood teacher TTC #1 after 3 early losses ribbonpb.gif.ribbonpb.gifribbonpb.gif My chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/Tickletoes

#137 of 492 Old 01-12-2012, 04:54 PM

Congratulations, TickleToes!  So delighted for you!  joy.gif

Andaluza, isn't it weird how going potty totally changes?  More often, stronger urge, etc. 

Question for the group that's farther along than me (5 weeks): when did you start shopping for maternity bras?  How did you get fitted and what did you buy?  Some of my bras which, frankly, weren't all that fabulous to begin with, don't do the job anymore.  I have four that I really like and should work for a while.  I've grown a tiny bit, but they still fit.  Mainly I'm just super tender and I'm pretty sure that growth is just around the corner...

Running-lovingjog.gif, cycling, yoga-savoring, foodie, wife to an amazing DH partners.gif, adoptive mama to four fuzzy friends dog2.gifcat.gifcat.gifcat.gif, pregnant  belly.gifwith our precious "honeybee" daughter Mae baby.gif to bless our lives EDD 9/8/2012.

#138 of 492 Old 01-12-2012, 05:23 PM - Thread Starter

TickleToes, that is a beautiful test!

Calpurnia, I'm shopping for maternity bras now. I've been making due with the bras I have, but they're really not fitting anymore. I'll let you know if I stumble across anything amazing!

#139 of 492 Old 01-12-2012, 06:20 PM

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)

TT, I just want you to know I clapped my hands in excitement when I saw the HPT picture.  I do stalk this thread for all the joy it brings to see others on the next waiting step (and bring it back up to the top of my list of threads I follow :) ). 

Boots, MLK day is the best!  Dear Principal was trying to nix it on next years calendar - boo hiss - it got added back after faculty meeting discussion (from a lot of very white people whose school is predominantly white - one African American in 12th grade, one in 9th grade, and one in 8th grade and maybe 6 others in grades below that in our K-12 private school).  Service and civil rights are important!  Day of vacation in the middle of winter!

Crafty Geeky lady (37, hypothyroid) married 7/2010 love of my life (42, azoospermia). I believe in MIRACLES! Twin boys born 12/21/13 at 40 weeks 2 days! 3/52 crafts in 2014 Ramsey's BS1: Done! 2/17/12 BS 2 goal: 6/7/17 no sperm initial DX 3/23/12 BFP 4/7/13!
#140 of 492 Old 01-12-2012, 08:32 PM

TT, congrats again! I had to do some guided meditations my first few weeks, too. Often it made me fall asleep but that was good. Also, super congrats about the teaching award. I know how seldom recognition comes for teachers and it's awesome it came at this time for you. So nice to see those two crisp pink lines! I am kind of sad I never took a FRER. Hehe. I've also considered getting acupuncture to help with my mood during this pregnancy, as I had to go off anti-depressants and that has been a bit bumpy.

Caly, so on your quest to eliminate the double bubble, what did you find? :) I have a few bras that still work okay but they are standing far away from my chest (that sounds weird). I wore one "t-shirt bra" today that I hadn't worn in my pregnancy and it was awful, it sits low and digs into my rib cage. I don't know what I'll end up doing as the boobs continue to grow, but before the nursing bras. Interesting about the reason you went to maternity pants. I'm still considering what to order. I have LOTS of empire waist dresses and leggings that I could be wearing right now, I just might do that.

I'm hesitating on the bella bands, too, because I know that when i really will want the extra support, it's going to be SO hot here. Thinking I might try to order some elastic waist pants to wear under the bump when it comes, and just wear long shirts.

Lilac, I am shocked they tried to take away MLK day. I think they tried to do that in central IL when we lived there. I was thinking that I really do have so much to be thankful for on MLK day. I could never be a white teacher teaching in a Hispanic neighborhood if it hadn't been for the civil rights movement, certainly not this successfully! I hope you enjoy your day off.

AFM, So I got some milk thistle to try for the morning sickness. I will totally try anything. That's about my only crunchy side coming out.  I hadn't been taking my B6, though, and took some when I got home and that helped (as did a nap, of course). I am SO glad tomorrow is Friday, and a half day at school. Technically we're supposed to stay all day after the kids leave and work, but my principal has been so supportive (and excited, he's so cute) that I know he wouldn't begrudge me leaving early.

flowersforyou.gif

TWINS!
EDD 2/15/2015

DS LG  08/03/12
#141 of 492 Old 01-13-2012, 05:13 AM

TICKLETOES!!!!!!!  Beautiful test!  joy.gif And super congrats on the award!  That is awesome!

Ericaf - I am paranoid with my cold that is still lingering.  I get bronchitis if I am not careful so I get the flu shot every year (that and I work in a highly populated area clinic - so I have always received it) and have never had an issue (The OB actually gave it to me this time).  Hope whatever he has that he is feeling better.  And that you don't get it!  And your favorite man is the cutest pup ever!  I have big dogs and have always wanted a little one to carry.  Adorable!  As for jeans...thos went unbuttoned early on...they could button when it was so uncomfortable when I would sit.

Boots - sorry you're feeling pooey again. But you do need rest - so yell away! 

LivingSky - sleeping sucks already. I might see if I can snag a recliner now to sleep.  Didn't think about that.  Thanks!

Hope everything is great with everyone!

AFM - So...my scan yesterday went well.  They are still a little small, but they both appear to be healthy.  It was so great to see them in there.  I have a great penis shot of my little boy and my little girl kept her feet curled up at first but later you could make out her "lines"  LoL  Yep - I have a boy and a girl!  I don't even know how to express how hapoy I am that they are healthy and being able to see them kick (and punch) was amazing.  They both are head up and keep there little hands around their faces...I am going to have my hands full and can't wait!

My twins are here!  Thank God everyday for answered  praying.gif

#142 of 492 Old 01-13-2012, 05:22 AM

TickleToes - since I've been stalking your chart for a while now, I have a theory smile.gif I think you ovulated two days later than FF is saying you did, on CD15. Those long steep temp rises can really confuse FF as to when ovulation actually happened. That would put your positive blood draw on CD15. I couldn't get a +HPT before CD14 and even then it was super faint, so it wouldn't surprise me a lot if you didn't get one sooner either. Some of us just aren't allowed to test early, I guess! Anyway, LOVE the nice blaring positive HPT today for you!

boots - Kayden is currently in a stage where he doesn't want to nap on the bed or in his crib. So, napping in the recliner is the only way I get a daytime nap! I have a breastfeeding station set up at each of my recliners - a book, a water bottle, some snacks, burb cloths, a blanket and a pillow, plus of course the TV remote controls. Kayden will nurse til he falls asleep, then I can read, watch TV, or go to sleep with him smile.gif I hope the milk thistle works for you, and enjoy your half day of school then go home and rest!

boots and ericaf - as Caly said, that's why I got maternity pants early. Like, about 6 weeks pregnant. I hadn't gained weight (actually I was losing weight at that point) but I felt so bloated and so sensitive to anything pressing on my abdomen. So, maternity pants it was!

Married to my wonderful DH 5/2010, Mom to DS1 Kayden 7-14-2011 wild.gif and DS2 Jakob 8-29-2013 babyf.gif

Owned by Friesians and Drum Horses, plus the dogs, cats, rabbits and chickens

#143 of 492 Old 01-13-2012, 05:59 AM

Just popping in to say

joy.gifCONGRATS TICKLE!!!!joy.gif So happy for you and your test looks great! My accupuncturist also suggested more iron. I didn't take a supplement, but I tried to get more in my diet.

and YAY BEL for stork-boy.gif and stork-girl.gif!

-Us partners.gif, Himbabyf.gifnocirc.gif and her dog2.gif 

#144 of 492 Old 01-13-2012, 08:19 AM

Yay, Bel! How fantastic that you have lovely babes of both sexes!

How are you feeling now that you are so close, Ramzubo?

So it's finally Friday for all those who have been longing for it! I am really looking forward to this weekend. The weather has been cool here, but is supposed to be glorious on Monday and I hope dh and I can plan a nice excursion or go hiking!

We have been thinking about getting recliners for some time now and I'm glad to see they've worked well for some of you. Any suggestions out there for affordable furniture shopping? We'll probably look at Ikea and Macy's.

#145 of 492 Old 01-13-2012, 10:16 AM

I'm freaking a bit and would appreciate quick help is anyone is able...

My blood test results came in. I had to call for them (again). The doc hadn't signed off on them, and I didn't get to talk with her because she is out of the office today. The nurse or receptionist that I spoke to gave me my numbers and said she guessed I'm in a "wait and see" period. My hcg went from 27 on Tuesday to 107.9 Thursday... so I think that is good. But me progeterone is 8.51... isn't that low? If so, I wnat a supplement now!! Its a bloody holiday weekend and I might not be able to afford to wait those extra days until the doctor gets around to looking at my test results. 

Do you all know anything about progesterone levels and supplements? If I need a supplement, I want it right away... I don't even know who to begin calling if my OB isn't available to prescribe it. 

#146 of 492 Old 01-13-2012, 10:20 AM

TickleToes: I don't know what your Dr wants your # to be, but my Dr medicates if it's below 10. Don't panic, but I'd call and torture them and be pushy until you get what you want. If not just to make you feel better. I think it's worth the peace of mind. You HCG is lovely too!

erica (33) hubs (36)
Ruby Mae , 9/1/12

Breast cancer survivor!
#147 of 492 Old 01-13-2012, 10:27 AM

Bel: Ohhhh, don't you worry. I have a big dog to balance out my life. Lol. beefsyd.jpg

I like to call them dumb and dumber. Lol. But the big one is a girl, Sydney. Munchkin is a boy, Beef.

AFM: I'm getting that stupid idea in my head "Maybe I'm not pregnant... I don't even have morning sickness... some random nausea" and I don't feel as tired as I was... tell me to stop being an a$$hole. I go to hear the heartbeat on Tuesday, and I'm getting stupid and panicky. That stupid miscarriage in August is ruining all my normal positivity. Hate. Okay. Maybe I am tired. But I only seem to be tired during the day, and sometimes nauseous only at night. I guess there really isn't a standard with all this, but I'm still stuck in my own head right now.

erica (33) hubs (36)
Ruby Mae , 9/1/12

Breast cancer survivor!
#148 of 492 Old 01-13-2012, 10:47 AM

#149 of 492 Old 01-13-2012, 11:13 AM

Tickletoes, great hcg numbers--way better than doubling!!!  I have not used progesterone myself, but I have heard that there are over the counter progesterone supplements/suppositories you can get from health food stores to tide you over until you can speak with your doc. Also, I think our #s are supposed to fluctuate at any given time during the day, so while it may be just a little bit low, it doesn't mean that at other moments in the day it's not higher. 

Erica, such cuties! I love their names.

#150 of 492 Old 01-13-2012, 03:39 PM - Thread Starter

So much to respond to today, but I don't have time right now, ack!

But I did want to respond to TickleToes. Yay, your HCG looks great! Andaluza is right about the progesterone. Your level varies throughout the day, and one result may not mean anything. Mine was 8 at my first draw and I was already on progesterone suppositories (I started them after ovulation and stayed on them until I was 12 weeks)I was sure I was going to miscarry. By my next draw, it had gone up to 21. I have no idea whether the suppositories helped, or if my level would have increased on its own. Many doctors don't believe that supplemental progesterone does anything and won't prescribe it even if your levels are low. I don't know what to tell you except to say that I have been there and it sucks, and I'm sending lots of love and positive energy your way.

Tags
Pregnancy

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page