Infertility ONE Thread GRADUATES!!! - Winter/Spring 2012 - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 312 Old 03-06-2012, 08:12 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Krunchy - hug2.gif  So sorry.

#122 of 312 Old 03-06-2012, 01:22 PM

Krunchy- My thoughts are with you. 

Mama to my twin butterfly boys, Alan and Bruce, who passed away at 22 weeks gestation (3/24/12): Forever in Our Hearts. Our rainbow baby girl, my little bud of Hope,  joined our butterfly boys and Grandma Jan 1/31/13 at 9 weeks gestation. Love you so much. Next step: triadadopt.jpg
#123 of 312 Old 03-06-2012, 01:47 PM

Krunchy, I'm so sorry. hug2.gif

Attempted induction at 38 weeks; ended up with a c-section.

In love with my baby boy Colin and baby girl Sienna!

love.gif

#124 of 312 Old 03-06-2012, 05:14 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 76 Post(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
wissa - You are due in October, right? I will add your blurb as soon as I get our other computer working again. The coding on the laptop is messy, so I can't update it now. Just want you to know I didn't forget!

Monkey (30) + Pirate (28) = a forever family (5/10) - Baby Bird (8/12), our long-awaited first, and one (9/13 @ 7w 6d); PCOS
*4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36**40** Oct 2014 - it's a
#125 of 312 Old 03-07-2012, 07:13 AM

Oh Krunchy. I am so, so sorry. Thinking of you.

Me + DH + DS ('07) + after a long and bumpy road, thrilled that our twin boys are finally here (DS2 & DS3, '12)

#126 of 312 Old 03-07-2012, 07:27 AM

Monkey - Yes, October.  I'm feeling sad knowing Krunchy isn't going be my due date buddy anymore. Plus, another friend of ours from the BSL thread was going to be a due date buddy too.... It's just not right.   :(  

Oddly enough someone from my Church is due about 2 weeks before me and just announced it.  I don't know why, but it really annoys me.  They just started coming and their child isn't even 2 yet and they're already announcing baby #2...It just bugs me.  I know I should be happy for them, but somehow it's like my thunder has been taken.  I really wouldn't wish IF on anybody and they are really nice.  It's just with so much loss around here...it irritates me.

Me & DH, DS 12/07superhero.gif, DD 10/12 luxlove.gif  and puppy love dog2.gif.
#127 of 312 Old 03-07-2012, 04:06 PM

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
So sad to see your news krunchy, thinking, praying and sending my support to you.

C + B + 10y together, 5y married, 4y TTC= endometriosis, Hashimoto's thyroiditis, recurrent miscarriages
IVF 1/6/13 @10w , FET 5/21/13 @7w, IVF 10/11/13 @5w, FET 2/2/14 @5w
Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.

Cautiously expecting after FET of 2 PGD normal 5 day blastocysts.
******8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36** *40
#128 of 312 Old 03-07-2012, 07:20 PM - Thread Starter

wissa - You are now on the roster. :) And sorry you're feeling like your thunder got stolen. No, we don't wish IF on everyone, but it is hard not to be jealous! And all the losses around us have been sucky. I'm still a little sad chica isn't in my DDC any more. greensad.gif

renavoo - Hope the babies' echo went well today, and that you're surviving work - let us know how you are when you get the chance!

deborah - Love the new profile pic! Look at those babies grow! And that dress looks comfy... where did you get it??

marmo, gozal, gemmine - Not sure if you've started following this thread, but definitely let me know when you're ready to be on the roster and what you want it to say. Praying for sticky little beans for you all!

AFM, threw up this morning and spent the day feeling crappy. I've resigned myself to the fact that I will probably not feel better till this baby comes. If I end up feeling better sooner, bonus points. If not, at least I've set my sights low. I still managed to get a few things done today, as I had already scheduled them and just had to push through. I think it all came out okay. dh left this morning for 4 days out of town, which I'm very unexcited about. So not feeling overwhelmingly positive right now. Very much hoping I feel physically better tomorrow so I can get some stuff done, like scheduling that ultrasound!

Monkey (30) + Pirate (28) = a forever family (5/10) - Baby Bird (8/12), our long-awaited first, and one (9/13 @ 7w 6d); PCOS
#129 of 312 Old 03-07-2012, 08:16 PM

I got it at Kohl's on clearance and it is very comfy! I believe it is a Motherhood dress, but I'll double check for you tomorrow. I have the big ultrasound tomorrow and I will let you all know how it goes.

Mama to my twin butterfly boys, Alan and Bruce, who passed away at 22 weeks gestation (3/24/12): Forever in Our Hearts. Our rainbow baby girl, my little bud of Hope,  joined our butterfly boys and Grandma Jan 1/31/13 at 9 weeks gestation. Love you so much. Next step: triadadopt.jpg
#130 of 312 Old 03-08-2012, 05:14 AM

Hi ladies, don't have much time but I wanted to just say hi.

Wissa, I'm sorry you're feeling a bit down about the other announcement. It's natural, I would think (I was jealous of my SIL when she announced! I adore my nephew now but boy, when she first announced, I was really annoyed). But I think people will be just as happy for you when you announce. You'll steal some of HER thunder. ;o)

Monkey, I'm so sad that you're not feeling better and that you've now resigned yourself to a difficult pregnancy. :( i hope you're wrong and that you start to feel better within the next couple of weeks. i've known people with difficult pregnancies that have started to experience relief around week 18-20 so I'm hopeful that that will happen for you!! My DH is going away in a week for 2 weeks and I'm dreading it. I just like coming home and seeing him here. So I totally get where you're coming from.

Cbaa, I hope the IUI is successful so you can join us! I think i read that the sperm sample wasn't the greatest but hey, you only need one!! big hugs!

Everyone else, hi!

Sorry i'm being so short. I'm operating on such a serious lack of sleep. i don't sleep well normally but with my work schedule, life has been manic. I've been working 12-14 hour days the last week and a half and I've had to work the weekend too (a nice, short, 10-12 hours on Sat and Sunday...sigh.) and they are talking about working over this weekend too. I remember when i had the stamina to work those long hours and still be peppy. I think being pregnant with twins is a good excuse though ;o) just another week and a half and hopefully, I'll be able to get back to a more normal schedule. Hope all is well.

Krunchy, just thinking of you. BIG HUGS.

Attempted induction at 38 weeks; ended up with a c-section.

In love with my baby boy Colin and baby girl Sienna!

love.gif

#131 of 312 Old 03-08-2012, 09:40 AM

The dress is from Oh Baby by Motherhood. I have a bunch of clothes from that line and love them. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by deborahbgkelly View Post

I got it at Kohl's on clearance and it is very comfy! I believe it is a Motherhood dress, but I'll double check for you tomorrow. I have the big ultrasound tomorrow and I will let you all know how it goes.

#132 of 312 Old 03-08-2012, 06:03 PM - Thread Starter

deborah - I have some yoga pants by them that I love! I didn't see any of those dresses when I was shopping at Kohl's, but maybe the were all gone by the time I got around to looking? Anyway, hope to hear a happy update from your ultrasound when you get the chance!

Oh, and for anyone who might be interested - my Sears is having a buy one/get one free on maternity t-shirts. I bought two. :)

#133 of 312 Old 03-08-2012, 06:20 PM

I do have an update, but unfortunately it is not a happy one. My little boys are too small. I am now on very modified bed rest and just have to try to gain a bunch of weight quickly. It looks like IUGR (Intrauterine Growth Restriction). I will most likely be hospitalized in about 4 weeks and we hope i don't have to deliver then, since baby A would most likely not make it if we had to deliver at 24 weeks. He is only at 2%. Baby B is at 12%. Hoping to make it well past 24 weeks, but will need daily monitoring soon. There's no point in sending me to the hospital now since there is nothing they can do. I have to gain a lot of weight.That's about all we can do for them. The good news is that they have plenty of fluid, they are very active and their heartbeats are strong.

#134 of 312 Old 03-08-2012, 06:36 PM - Thread Starter

Deborah - I am so sorry it is not all good news! I am happy the babies are wiggly and they have good heart beats - that at least is good! Do they think the babies will grow if you rest and eat more? I have heard of IUGR, but I don't really know what causes it. I will definitely keep you and your boys in my prayers! hug.gif

#135 of 312 Old 03-08-2012, 07:09 PM

There are a few things that cause it. Multiples are at a higher risk, especially those sharing a placenta (like mine do). Basically, it means oxygen isn't flowing from my placenta to the babies through the umbilical cord. Infection could cause it, though they don't think that's the issue with me and even if it is, only one of the possible infections is treatable. I'm getting bloodwork done to check.  It appears they think that resting and eating will help since that is what they told me to do. I am still allowed to take my class and sing in choir. I am not allowed to do anything that will burn a significant amount of calories. Sounds so strange to say that.

#136 of 312 Old 03-09-2012, 09:08 AM

Oh no Deborah, I am so sorry to hear that. I don't know if maybe you have it already, but I think you would get a lot of practical weight-gain tips from a book I just got, that was recommended by lots of twin moms over on the multiples board. It's called When You're Expecting Twins, Triplets, or Quads by Dr. Barbara Luke & Tamara Eberlein. They talk a lot about the importance of early weight gain with twins and exactly how to acheive it. They also discuss the specific differences between different types of twin pregnancies, such as yours when the twins share a placenta and membrane. For one example, she mentions the possibility of using protein supplementary drinks, discusses the different kinds, and tells you how to special-order them (some you need to get at a pharmacy). I just read that part last night and I think that may be helpful in your situation. I also wanted to mention, I know it is just one small example, but I do have a friend whose daughter was born with pretty severe IUGR. At term she weighed less than 2.5 lbs. Shockingly her OB didn't pick this up so it was literally a surprise to everyone. But their daughter is doing great. She never had any developmental delays or anything. I am hoping so much that your story has a similarly "boring" ending. Thinking lots of good thoughts for you and your boys.

Monkey, I am full of admiration for your humble acceptance of m/s! I abhor throwing up. It is the worst thing ever as far as I'm concerned. I am a total wimp about it, which is uncharacteristic for me, I usually have a high pain tolerance. I am barely coping with my intense nausea-but-no-vomiting. I am still hoping it lets up for you. I try really hard not to take medications that I can possibly avoid (we don't even keep OTC stuff in the house, because we never use it and it always expires), but in your case I think I would seek relief!

Renavoo, your employer is going to give you a medal soon, right? And, like, a vacation? That is insane! I don't know how you do it. (Hmmm, I'm sounding like a real wimp today, huh?). Keep hanging in there and by all means pull out that twins card as often as you need it! I have to admit I have been enjoying my twins card every now and then already. You know, "Oh DH, could you make me a sandwich? Even though it's 11pm and we are in bed? It is hard work building two babies!" ;)

Wissa, I totally get that about the announcement! I actually have always been a little, probably unfairly, irritated by people's confidence in that department. Even before I went through IF, I was realy shocked by friends who announced basically as soon as they saw the second line. I know this is a cultural difference between the US and where I'm from, as well. Of course I am happy that people do not feel so much anxiety but it just seems a bit...arrogant, I guess. But you know what? You are doing what is right for you, your baby, your family. Maybe your friend will feel sheepish when she realizes you waited to share your news! 

AFM, I think my absolute worst m/s was weeks 5-7. I could not lift my head and could barely eat anything. I sort of freaked out that it seemed to be a bit better this week. But then I realized that I still feel pretty terrible, so maybe I'm just managing it better. I lie down most of the time and always rest between getting up and doing things. I let DS watch an extra program so I can get a nap in the afternoon. If I can't cook, I just don't. We've been eating way more prepared food and semi-homemade stuff than usual, but it works right now. And the house is fit to be condemned. (Okay, I exaggerate. I'm a neat freak.) I force myself to eat regularly. It's hard because most food disgusts me, and yet I am often starving. It's very much like my pg with DS, only more extreme. Not like double extreme, but maybe 25-30%. One big difference seems to be that with one, I could eat constant small meals. With two, I actually need to eat some larger meals too. I don't think I'm eating enough, but I just can't eat much, especially before the afternoon. But you know what? I am so happy for it. I am so happy to be here. If I had the energy, I'd be dancing around all the time!

Oh, and can I be added to the EDD list under Due in October? :)

gozal - DH and I are finally giving DS ('07) some siblings after 2.5 years of unexpected challenges, including a rare pituitary tumor and a suspected ectopic pregnancy. Two siblings, to be exact! Very excited to be expecting our twins in October.

Me + DH + DS ('07) + after a long and bumpy road, thrilled that our twin boys are finally here (DS2 & DS3, '12)

#137 of 312 Old 03-09-2012, 09:39 AM

Gozal- unfortunately, with my allergies, there really are no supplemental drinks i can have. I do have the book, but the 2004 version. I am just aiming for a very high calorie count with nutrient dense foods right now.

#138 of 312 Old 03-09-2012, 11:29 AM - Thread Starter

gozal - You have been added to the roster! I love seeing that list grow! And lol.gif about my humble acceptance of morning sickness... you must not have been following this thread for long. winky.gif At 17 weeks, it is much more like a defeated resignation than a humble acceptance. The good news is, after feeling so terrible on Wednesday, yesterday and today have been pretty good. Things really have improved, I guess I just expected the nausea/vomiting to completely go away, and it just hasn't. My mw has offered me medication, but I guess I'm really not sure I believe it would help. And maybe it would, but honestly - I was miserable (still am on some days), but I just don't want to expose the baby to anything I don't have to. Morning sickness isn't killing me, and baby still seems to be growing just fine, so I'm dealing with it. I'm sorry you're feeling so bleh, but I'm glad your dh is helping you out, and that you're finding ways to get some rest for yourself. I can't imagine what my body would do if it were trying to grow twins, so I'm glad there's just one in there at this point! But I was thinking... didn't you say awhile back that you felt like you had more than one child still waiting to join your family? Do you think there are more pregnancies in your future, or do you think these two little ones will complete your family? I know, awfully early to be asking that question! But just wondering about your thoughts there.

deborah - I'm glad you've found some positive stories to give you some hope! I will have to dig out my baby name book and see what I can find in there. It does sound weird to have a doctor tell you to try not to do calorie-consuming activities. I think I'm right in remembering you can't have dairy? I guess that takes milkshakes at every meal off the table! Hopefully you aren't having a hard time thinking of nutrient-dense things you can eat. Do you know when they plan on doing an ultrasound again? Still praying for you and your little guys!

renavoo - Hope we get to hear about your appointment when you have the time. Are you 23 weeks or 24 now? You've come such a long way!

AFM, still here! dh being gone hasn't been too awful so far, though I still have another day and a half to get through. Writing to deborah about milkshakes makes me want one. Unfortunately, eating anything sweet (including a 1 oz square of dark chocolate) makes my entire abdomen feel like a lake of acid. It's been this way for weeks now, and it's very annoying. I still haven't figured out exactly what my body is wanting to feel good all the time. My mom suggested that maybe my body was too acidic, based on some of the symptoms I described, so I tried drinking some alkaline water, and it didn't really help. And I looked at a chart of acid vs alkaline foods, and the things that I know trigger feeling bad seem to fall about equally into the acid and alkaline categories, so I think that isn't it. Ah, well. As I said to gozal, yesterday and today have been decent for me.

Oh, and two milestone moments from yesterday: I went to visit the school where I used to teach, and one of my former colleagues (and a good friend) told me I'd gotten "big boobies." I admit, my jaw dropped a little when she said it, just because it was a little shocking. But it's totally true, and it's sort of validating to have someone besides me recognize that my body has changed. And she also agreed that it makes my bump look less noticeable, since I've grown both on top and on bottom. So that was sort of funny. The second thing was that I had the first complete stranger assume I was pregnant and ask me how far along I was. Since normally even people who know me can't tell by looking that I'm pregnant (or at least aren't certain enough to comment on it), I was a little surprised, but again, also validating that I don't just look fat! It was a lady I held the door for at Sears, who had a little baby of her own, so maybe she just recognizes the maternity clothes? Either way, it was sort of nice and weird at the same time.

#139 of 312 Old 03-09-2012, 03:39 PM

I can do goat dairy, but right now I'm having really bad diarrhea so I won't be messing with that for a few days. I'm hoping that a little Immodium AD (on the approved list) and some gatorade/juice/cream of rice will do the trick. I am just trying to figure out how to keep the calories in at the moment. The next ultrasound is 3/22 and then the 24 week one which will tell me the next steps is 4/5.

#140 of 312 Old 03-10-2012, 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deborahbgkelly View Post

I do have an update, but unfortunately it is not a happy one. My little boys are too small. I am now on very modified bed rest and just have to try to gain a bunch of weight quickly. It looks like IUGR (Intrauterine Growth Restriction). I will most likely be hospitalized in about 4 weeks and we hope i don't have to deliver then, since baby A would most likely not make it if we had to deliver at 24 weeks. He is only at 2%. Baby B is at 12%. Hoping to make it well past 24 weeks, but will need daily monitoring soon. There's no point in sending me to the hospital now since there is nothing they can do. I have to gain a lot of weight.That's about all we can do for them. The good news is that they have plenty of fluid, they are very active and their heartbeats are strong.

Deborah - I'm so sorry you didn't get a happy update.  I think this kind of thing is fairly common with twins.  Not that knowing that helps anything when it's your babies!  I hope the increase in calories and resting does the trick.  I'm sure you're worried about having ot deliever early at 24 weeks, but I'm praying for you that it doesn't come to that. 

The fact that they are Active and have Strong heartbeats sounds like wonderful news despite the IUGR!!   GROW little ones GROW!!!!!  I would will them to grow for you if I could.

Gozal - Yeah for joining the roster.  I know you're still feeling pretty yuck, but yeah to feeling some better.  Hopefully in the next couple of weeks you'll feel much much better.  I have found my MS is better the more I eat.  I don't think I was eating enough calories and some people do think MS is related to low bloodsugar.

Monkey - LOL - Sorry it's funny that you are excited someone thought you looked pregnant!  Mainly, just because I can remember being huge with DS and people constantly asking me if I was pregnant and it drove me nuts...like no I just like to stuff pillows under my shirt!  In any case, if that made you happy Woohoo!!  Here's to showing...Belly pride!

AFM - No luck finding a doctor or hospital so far.  My stubborn side is ready to find a mid-wife and drive another state. (which is not unheard of for women where I live).  I'm so upset over this.  I wish I could just go along...Oh why I can't ever just go along. 

#141 of 312 Old 03-10-2012, 03:21 PM - Thread Starter

deborah - I hope your intestines have settled down by now. Just not what you needed right now at all! Between what you've said here and on the IVF thread about your brother measuring very small and you being a very small person, it sounds like there's a decent chance your babies are just small because it's in their genes. Still not a total comfort, I know, but I think it makes sense not to expect them to be on the higher end of the scale. Anyway, hope those calories are staying in, and you get good news in a few weeks!

wissa - I'm sure there will come a time when I feel less excited about looking pregnant, but since I'm still at a point where people could conceivably just think I'm chubby and shouldn't be wearing such form-fitting clothes, it feels like a compliment. I guess I'm especially self-conscious about it since I randomly gained 15 lbs last year, after already being over my highest weight ever. I know I shouldn't care what other people think, but I do. Anyway, sorry you are not finding what you need for a care provider. As far as why you can't just "go along" - because you know there's no medically valid reason to. Submitting yourself and your baby to the risks of major surgery just because that's how the last one came out, when there's no indication of problems, doesn't make sense. That you're even put in a position where you may have to do that is really infuriating. I hope you can find an answer you're comfortable with. Or you can just come visit me in Houston - we have several VBAC-friendly docs in the area. winky.gif

AFM, enjoying my 3rd day of taking things pretty easy and feeling pretty decent. Getting excited for dh to get home tonight. He has been very good about keeping in touch with me today, since he knows I worry about him snowboarding, and that I was not entirely on board with his little adventure. But he is on his way to the airport now, safe and very happy, so it seems to have worked out well. Still don't have my ultrasound scheduled due to some paperwork issues, but hopefully I will soon. Now I just need to convince myself to go clean out the fridge and finish cleaning up the house before I have to go get dh.

#142 of 312 Old 03-10-2012, 07:34 PM

Wissa- It is common and 24 weeks would be beyond scary because Baby A would likely not make it. I can't figure out who asked, but my intestines have mostly settled down. Still having the occasional bouts of unpleasantness, but have a decent appetite today.

#143 of 312 Old 03-10-2012, 07:58 PM - Thread Starter

Okay, just had to post somewhere because I'm very proud of myself. Especially after laying around and doing nothing so much in the last few months. In the last 5 hours I have:

• Cleaned out the fridge (threw out old stuff and did a few spot wipedowns)
  • Swept and mopped both the kitchen and bathroom (and OUCH, is tile hard on the knees - had to take a break between rooms)
  • Washed the bathroom rugs
  • Made the bed
  • Put away the rest of the laundry
  • Vacuumed the bedroom and living room
  • Taken out the trash
  • Cleaned up some random clutter
  • Put away all 10 million pairs of shoes that were everywhere
  • Fed myself dinner and cleaned it up

This is in addition to scrubbing the tub (though not the tile) earlier today, and scrubbing out the kitchen sink. This is about 10x more housecleaning than I have done since I got pregnant. If I had just swept/mopped our tiny tile entryway, I would have cleaned every floor in the apartment to a greater or lesser extent. Guess I shouldn't have gotten lazy on that, but I'm still pretty pleased. Now off to get dh from the airport!

#144 of 312 Old 03-11-2012, 08:46 AM

Monkey- Thanks. I am keeping that in mind too, but I'd rather treat as if we had a problem and find out there isn't one than to ignore it and find out there is/was a problem. I am considering us lucky that we know now and not after they're born. I'm still very scared, especially for Baby A. He is well below the 10% my brother was. The puppy heard me crying, woke up and gave me big kisses. Pets really are amazing. I am trying to use music for comfort as it's always helped. Babies are awake and kicking, so this is comforting, but I like to know they sleep sometimes too since it helps them grow. It's going to be a long road the rest of this pregnancy, but these babies fought to be here, so i'm sure they'll fight to stay. I am not sure if I said on this thread that they are little boys. DH has decided they are just spending too much time fighting with each other and it's burning calories instead of them growing. They were kicking each other in the head at the ultrasound.

#145 of 312 Old 03-12-2012, 12:37 PM

Deborah - I have long admired and been inspired by your positive outlook and you continue to inspire! That's right, your boys are fighters. Grow, little ones! 

Monkey - I dream of having such energy! Totally impressive. Right now I am managing maybe 1/10th the usual amount of housework I do. Okay, less. I actually really enjoy homemaking (most of the time) and miss having my house run in order. So your day sounds really awesome to me. (Am I nuts?) It must be hard having DH away. I do enjoy time alone very much, but the long I've been married, the less functional I am without DH even for one night! A few hours to myself in the afternoon is nice, but I want my buddy home with me at night. Anyway hope you are enjoying having him home!

Wissa, don't ask me 'cause I can't ever go along or do anything the easy way either. :) I seriously considered driving far or out of state for my OB. There are no options I love within an hour of here. But for various factors I ended up deciding to go to a practice down the road from me. It will mean more self-advocacy, but I am okay with it.

AFM, just when I was getting worried that my m/s was lessening, I spent this weekend so sick. Today I feel a little better. I am also on an all-yoga pant wardrobe. I can still button my regular pants but my stomach area is so sensitive I can't stand anything pressing on it. A little embarassing for me since I normally don't wear yoga pants out of the house. Also I really don't want anyone to ask about it. We still haven't told anyone except for parents/siblings and I can't imagine when I'll feel comfortable telling. My mom and sister swear I have the littlest beginning of a belly (at 8 1/2 weeks, EEK) but I can't really tell. Mostly, when I am not horribly nauseous or having a bout of worry, I just feel so happy and present and at peace.

#146 of 312 Old 03-12-2012, 12:55 PM

Thanks Gozal- you made me smile :-). 

#147 of 312 Old 03-13-2012, 08:22 AM

Renavoo - Some how I didn't mention you in my last post.  I really can't believe you are working such long shifts and pregnant with twins!  Truly amazing you haven't crashed yet.  I hope things slow down for you soon...

Deborah - Still thinking about you and the twins.  I hope you're putting on the pounds.  I know it must be hard with all your food allergies.

That's funny about them already fighting with each other.  I know the rest of this pregnancy is going to be a roller coaster ride for you.  However, the babies are fighters and you are too! 

Gozal - I have an appointment Wed. with a local OB.  I hoping I like her because I am really tired of driving.  It was at least an hour to get to either my RE's actual office or clinic.  Plus, with the office being in town it would make it easier for my DH to come to some of the appointments.  It would also be nice to go the hospital where my friend works as a LD nurse.  I think it would improve the hospital experience drastically to have someone on the inside looking out for your best interests. 

My MS tends to come and go, but I get mostly in the evenings.  My DH has been helping me with it a lot by doing things (like bedtime) with DS that I would normally do.   I can still button my "regular" pants too, but after a few hours I have to unbutton them and let the little belly pouch hangout.  Yesterday, my DH said so when are we going to tell "everybody" because your bbs are looking huge and you little belly I think they'll start to notice.  I guess maybe I should tell him that not everyone is obsessed with my bbs like he is.   In anycase, I'm not ready to make a huge announcement just yet and if everyone starts to speculate...Oh, well.

Monkey - You can come clean my house.  We have all been sick this past week, so needless to say it might take me a month to get my house back to normal.  It's great that you have so much energy!  Maybe things are looking up for the 2nd tri for you.

#148 of 312 Old 03-13-2012, 08:48 AM

Wissa, hope you are all feeling better this week! Yeah, I have been driving so long to my RE's (one hour round trip, sometimes for 5 min. of b/w) that was a big deciding factor. My OB is literally down the road from me. I realize I'm dragging my feet making my appt. I'm scared! My RE and I had a very warm relationship. I know she'd scan me at 10 weeks just for peace of mind. But I don't know if the OB will. I don't know if I can make it to 12 without going crazy with worry... Maybe I will go make the appt. RIGHT NOW and then it will be done. Keep us posted on how you like your OB - I really hope you do. 

Monkey, I realized I forgot to answer your question! Well, G-d willing everything is okay, then DH both feel that, tentatively, our family will probably be complete. But we are not sure. Normally I am a big planner/future thinker but I've found that as I get more life experience, I get much better at being present in the present. I am totally okay with waiting to see how I feel about it in the future, whereas before I would have had to feel more decisive about it. Another thing is that we've never practiced birth control and I am not really sure anything would work for us other than NFP/charting to prevent, for either medical or religious/ethical reasons. So we're aware that there is always the possibility of surprises and we're okay with that. So, tentatively yes, but open to no!

#149 of 312 Old 03-13-2012, 07:33 PM

Wissa- Thanks! I've now been feeling movement on both sides, so I think one might have moved over which I hope means more space for the little ones. I have DH bringing me good foods from Boulder.

#150 of 312 Old 03-14-2012, 10:12 AM - Thread Starter

I seem to be able to managed posting decently here, or in the IF thread, but not both in the same day! Annnnnyway:

deborah - Glad you are doing a little better, and glad your puppy is being a comfort. And BOYS... one of my nephews was apparently kicking the other in the genitals during one of their ultrasounds, and getting punched in the head in return. I'm glad you can feel them both wiggling now. Though hopefully the are taking some naps, too. I *think* I might have felt the baby kicking a few times in the last few days, but I just really don't know. I hope it wiggles a lot at my ultrasound so maybe I can relate the feelings inside me to what I see on the screen. I finally looked at names in my baby book, and here's what I came up with:

-Abalard/Abelard/Abilard = resolute

-Agamemnon = resolute

-Ahkeen/Akeen/Akin = heroic, brave

-Alfonso/Alfonsus/Alonso/Alonzo/Alphonse/Alphonso/Alphonzus = ready for battle

-Alois/Aloisio/Aloys/Aloysius/Louis = famous warrior

-Araldo/Aralt/Aroldo/Arry/Harold/Jindra = army power

-Arnaud/Arnold = strong as an eagle

-Arnon = rushing stream

-Arslan/Aslan = lion

-Aziz = strong

-Bali/Balin = mighty soldier

-Barzillai = of iron

-Berend/Bern/Bernal/Bernard/etc. = bear-brave

-Berk = solid, firm, rugged

-Bink/Binketios/Vincent = to conquer

-Bogdan/Bogdashka/Bohdan/Donald = mighty in the world

-Bour = rock

-Buster = tough guy, active kid

-Chaim/Chaimek/Hayyim/Hyam/Hyman/Khaim = life (apparently there are a lot of variations on this, all from the same root!)

-Jibben = life

-Jivin = to give life

-Leben = life

-Senon = lively

-Vian, Vyvian, Vyvyan = full of life

-Vikas = growth

-Vitalis = life

-Yahya = living

-Ziv/Ziven/Zivon = lively

-Zoltan = life

-Zowie = life

Okay, actually there were so many names under 'power' (I also looked under 'life', less names there), that I actually gave up. And I just wrote everything I came across, a lot of which sounds rather weird to me. But maybe there's something useful in there? Anyway, I can always mail you my book if you want another one to look at!

gozal - I am usually not even half that productive when not pregnant. I went through a period of my life where I was really excited about being a homemaker and housekeeper, but I got sort of used to being a working woman, and I'm not very impressed with how I'm doing as house spouse, especially since getting pregnant. But the apartment has stayed relatively clean over the last few days, and it has been nice! I am glad dh is back, though we got in a nasty disagreement Monday night. Sigh. I understand more now why people would want to wait to have children until they've been married awhile. It really does take some settling in/compromising/learning/working through things. I think we made the right decision TTC right away, but that doesn't always make things easy. I'm just trying hard to think about all the good and positive qualities my dh has (of which there are many), as well as remembering my own personal faults that he has to live with (of which there are also many). He's going to be gone for three days again next week, and although he's driving, I'm going to have to stay home again due to responsibilities at church. It's always something!

As far as pregnancy stuff, I totally feel you on the tummy that just can't handle being squeezed/touched. Mine is rarely like that now, but it was agony when my m/s was at its worst. I spent a lot of days not getting dressed, or just wearing a muumuu because I couldn't stand to have a waistband. My underwear drove me bonkers. Getting underwear with a looser waistband was one of the happiest days of that part of my pregnancy! That's also when I bought the yoga pants that I still love, and yeah, I normally wouldn't wear them out of the house, either. I'm glad you're able to spend time feeling at peace with this pregnancy. I also totally understand what you're saying about family planning. I have a fairly strong feeling that there will be at least one more pregnancy for me, and quite possibly more than that. I have said numerous times that if the second pregnancy is as rough as this one, there won't be a third. But I have a funny feeling God is not going to give me a pass on that one. And I also can't really see us using BC in the future, other than NFP, either, for a lot of reasons. The trouble is, NFP is pretty worthless for me because I've never been able to get a good read on my CM (TMI: semen seems to stay inside me forever, no matter what I try to do), and my cycles are so irregular. So basically, we'd be reduced to just BDing after O had been confirmed, and the first few days of AF, which is only about 10 days out of 40, 50, 60+ days. Not going to work! But I'm just really not going to worry about that right now.

wissa - Hoping your appointment today goes well and you like the doctor! I drive 40 minutes to see my midwife (and that's where the birth will be, too), so I can definitely understand wanting to be close by if possible. Hope your dh is enjoying the pregnancy boobs. Has he decided it's okay to BD yet? It took me awhile to convince my dh that my boobs were bigger, which surprised me because of how... fond... he is of them. Add that to the list of things I never understood the extent of until I got married! Anyway, glad your dh is being helpful. And as for housekeeping - see what I said to gozal - this is NOT normal for me! But it is good. And I'm more and more feeling the urge to declutter prior to our upcoming move. Hopefully I will get on to that soon.

gem, marmo - Don't know if you're lurking, but hope you come to join us for real soon!

renavoo - wave.gifGlad your pregnancy is being 'boring' right now - so excited you passed the viability mark! I don't remember if it was you, or deborah, or someone else entirely that posted about Googling viability at various weeks' gestation, but I couldn't help myself... so I did, too. Apparently the biggest jump in viability is between weeks 25 and 26 - it jumps from 50% to 80%. After that, it keeps going up, obviously, but it seems like after 26 weeks the odds are overall pretty good! Of course, there's still the issue of NICU stays and later health problems, so I hope everyone's babies cook as long as possible. I'm still at the point of thinking (for me), just be alive baby! Just make it! And I will probably end up going to 42 weeks because of it, just to show me I didn't need to worry! orngtongue.gif

AFM, I finally got my ultrasound scheduled! It will be a week from this Friday, so March 23rd. That's also the day of my grandma's surgery to remove part of her liver and some lymph nodes, so the timing isn't totally ideal. I'd like to be at the hospital, and, on the unexpected-but-possible chance of bad news (for our baby or my grandma), it's going to be a rough emotional time on the family. But that's what works with dh's work schedule, so we are going for it. Hopefully the time flies by!

I am still having good days and bad days, but mostly good days. I think I might have felt the baby kick a few times in the last few days, but I just really don't know. It doesn't really feel like anything I've felt before, except maybe sometimes when I can feel my pulse in my abdomen. But it's not in the same place, and it's not as constant. But if it is the baby kicking, I'm surprised how strong it is! I can't feel it on the outside, but it's a pretty good thump on the inside. I've tried squishing my belly to see if I can purposely elicit a reaction, but so far the answer is no. I'm hoping the baby squirms some on the ultrasound so maybe I can correlate the image to what I'm feeling inside. I've heard it's really normal not to feel the baby until even as late as 22 weeks with your first, but when people in your DDC have been claiming to feel the baby since 9 weeks, it makes you wonder if you're nuts or they are! I'm also curious where my placenta is at, both so I can find out if it's in a good position for the birth, and because if it's anterior, that can make it harder to feel movement. I kind of think not, though, because I've heard that also makes the heartbeat harder to find, and my mw easily found the heartbeat at 8w2d - when I thought it was waaay too soon to find it with a Doppler.

Oh, last bit of randomness... I finally started a baby registry yesterday! And promptly became frustrated by the difficulty of finding unisex baby clothes, or even boy/girl clothes that aren't blue/pink. Sigh. I'm still trying to figure out cloth vs disposable for diapers, so I know what to put on the registry. I don't want people inundating me with disposables (which I know are a popular gift) if we aren't going to use them, but I don't want to put cloth on there if we decide that's not the direction we're going. I've already put a note on there saying to please not buy us bottles or pacifiers, as we aren't planning on using them, and will buy them ourselves if needed. It feels like a bizarrely political act making my baby registry - picking eco-friendly wooden toys, some organic clothing, saying no to plastic toys, bottles, and pacifiers, putting two different slings/carriers on there, and a cosleeper... I just feel like I stick way, way out. Which is just not how I am in real life. And I don't want people to think my baby registry is some holier-than-thou crusade, because it's really not. I have no doubt my baby will wear non-organic, made-in-China clothes (and there are some on my registry), or own some plastic toys, or wear disposables at some point. I just sort of figure that I should start out shooting for my ideals and adjust as necessary. Anyway, I guess we will see what happens!

Tags
Pregnancy

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page