Infertility ONE Thread GRADUATES!!! - Winter/Spring 2012 - Page 7 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#181 of 312 Old 03-27-2012, 02:12 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)

Okay, so I have no excuse for not doing personals sooner other than being in a lazy, lurky mood. So here is my attempt to catch up!

renavoo - You are all baby, lady! And so cute! I'm still waiting to get to that obviously-pregnant point, though more and more people seem to be able to tell. I don't think a red-haired baby is a total impossibility for you (my brother has a half-Korean friend with natural red hair!), but yeah, probably less likely, unless you have some non-Asian ancestors somewhere back in your family tree. I would totally love a red-headed baby, too. My mom has red hair, and dh has a reddish beard, so I'm holding out hope! Whatever the hair color, though, our baby is almost certain to be light-eyed and pasty-skinned. Poor thing won't have a chance when it comes to sunburn! I am still very happy with my new capris - I'm wearing one pair right now. Getting some summer clothes was definitely a necessity, since the 80+-degree days started a few weeks ago. We do still get some cooler days, but warm weather is probably more or less here to stay in Texas. I'm glad your dh will be home soon! Sorry your work has picked up again. :( Is there any chance you could work from home at all after the babies come? Or do half-days? Especially since it seems like a half-day at your company is practically a full day! I am so glad you passed your GD test! I know that was a big worry for you so hooray to being past that! I am seriously considering turning down the GD screening, but I need to do more research on it.

wissa - Was your GD test with your son a fasting test? I was under the impression they don't do fasting glucose tests with pregnant ladies because it's dangerous for them to go so long without eating. I will definitely have to look in to that - no way am I going to not eat for 12 hours! Thanks for sharing your thoughts on becoming a SAHM. I am really worried about how that is going to go. Becoming a stay-at-home/traveling wife has been a difficult adjustment already, one that I'm not sure I've entirely made, honestly. I do miss the people interaction (I was also a teacher), and I miss the sense of making a difference in the world. At least in that, I'm hoping becoming a mom actually helps - still not a lot of adult-people interaction, but I definitely feel like raising a baby is more world-changing than being a housewife, though I don't discount the benefits of that, either. I am really worried about figuring out a way to balance my dh's need to unwind and my need to have help with the baby. I foresee that being a major bone of contention, but I'm not really sure of how to solve that at the moment. I think some of it will come down to factors that we just can't know until our baby is here. I don't  blame you for not wanting to have an ultrasound without your dh. I've thus far had only 2 ultrasounds this pregnancy, and I was nervous (and sad) to have the first one without dh, but I was also so terribly sick and in need of reassurance that I just couldn't wait to make an appointment with the mw once we decided for sure who we were going with. No way in heck was I having my 20 week ultrasound without dh, both because I was scared of what the news would be, and because it would most likely be his only chance to see our baby before the birth. I hope you get things sorted out soon with the OB. I'm glad talking with your mom has made you feel better about whatever may happen with your birth. I'm still hoping you can have a VBAC, but most of all I hope you can have a birth you are at peace with. Oh, and I loved the story about your DS and his cars!

gozal - I think I forgot to say earlier, but thanks for sharing your thoughts on your transition to being a mom. It is funny, I have had people tell me the exact opposite about the first year of marriage (and I'm talking about married people) - that it's the most blissful time in your marriage. Uh, if that is the case, I have a long, LONG road ahead of me! Neither marriage nor pregnancy has been easy for me at all, so while I'm desperately wishing being a SAHM is going to be easy, I really doubt it. Honestly, it's probably my own personality flaws (e.g., being stubborn, and anal, and insecure) that have made settling in to marriage harder, and I'm sure the same things will come in to play with being a mom. Hopefully, I can learn something from my experiences thus far! Pregnancy has mostly just been hard because I've spent so much of it feeling like crap, to a greater or lesser extent. I'm glad you feel like your relationship with your dh is better than ever, and I hope I can say the same a year from now! We are not buying a house (far, far from it!), but we are looking into leasing a condo/townhome/duplex/etc., so we are working with a realtor. We may still end up in an apartment, but we both feel like we are finding more of what we're looking for, and more in our price range, looking at non-apartment options. More about that below! And a big UGH to your GD screening experience. For a lot of reasons, when I did a GTT (not pregnant), I hadn't eaten for about 18 hours. It was MISERY. More so because they were trying to stick (veinless) me every 30 minutes in a cold, cold room. Yuck. I will definitely have to ask my mw about what their exact testing protocol is. I'm pretty sure they don't test until 28 weeks, so I still have some time. Glad your OB appointment went well! Like wissa, I also declined the screening test, and for basically the same reasons - I wouldn't do further testing, and I would just worry more, so I'm happy with ignorance being bliss for now. Also, I really have zero risk factors, which I know isn't any sort of guarantee, but I'm going to assume all is well until proven otherwise. I hope your screen goes well, though! And yeah, I can't keep up with all our travel (especially dh's), either. I just want to be home!

Gemmine - Well, *I* think you should join, but really, do whatever you're comfortable with. Let me know when you want a blurb on the roster and what you want it to say! Also, where are all the other ladies that got pregnant around when you did? I think we should be getting some more people over here!

AFM, all sorts of things going on since I did a proper update, though very few are pregnancy-related. I did want to say that, after I had that big fight with my dh a few weeks ago, we finally had a really good talk about some of the things that had been upsetting me, and some of our communication issues, and it was really, really good. I finally had a chance to talk to him about some stuff when we weren't either already both upset, or just recovering from being upset. I am already seeing some positive differences, and I hope it continues. It was both happy and sad to hear him say that he felt like we'd fallen into a pattern of arguing over meaningless things - happy, because I hate feeling like I'm always the one with the "complaint" about our relationship, and because it meant it wasn't all just in my head, but sad that he was also experiencing the same frustration I was. Anyway, we are doing a lot better. The real test of some of the stuff we talked through will probably not be until there's another big blow up, which hopefully will not be soon, but I think just being able to talk about it, and about how our actions/words affect the other person was really healing.

Anyway, life has been awfully busy lately, with dh having to travel a bunch for work, and having travel plans changed at the last minute. Currently, we are in Corpus Christi, and will be until Friday. The up sides of this: it forced us to change my u/s to earlier, which was good because I was going bananas; my grandma's surgery has actually been postponed/possibly canceled, so not being there for her is not an issue, either with the u/s, or with us being out of town. (I found out last Tuesday dh needed to be in Corpus by Thursday morning, and at that point the surgery was still on for that Friday.) The down sides are that I have/will miss some of the youth activities I was supposed to be involved in at church, I'm missing spending more time with my grandma, and I'm *sick* of living in hotels. But I will survive. Also, we have been on the hunt for a new place to live (we need to be out of our apartment by May 22nd), and so far we have... nothing. We have some potential places, but we are both just really not sure where we want to live. Houston is a big, big place, so it is pretty daunting to try to sort through our options, and to try to find a place that is bigger than our current place, but not a lot more expensive, but also in an area where we feel safe/comfortable, but also not to far from dh's work, etc., etc. I hate being in limbo, but we're also probably still a few weeks away from being able to apply to lease something, since most people don't want to hold a place for you more than a month before your move-in date, which is understandable. Sigh.

August is also looking to be a crazy time for my family. One of my younger brothers just got engaged, and they have decided on August 3rd for the wedding. Somewhere around that same time, my brother and his wife and kids will also be moving to Michigan for graduate school. So I will probably miss the wedding (it's in Dallas), and brother and SIL will probably miss seeing our baby, at least until Christmas time. I totally get that everyone can't plan their lives around our pregnancy, and in both cases, they have very good reasons for the timing of things, but I am bummed by it. And it's still *possible* I could make the wedding, if I'm feeling up to the drive and not feeling too worried about going into labor 4 hours from my midwife, and it's possible the baby could come a little early and my brother and SIL could be there. Either way, though, I'm happy everyone's moving forward in their life, as are we, and we'll still be family, no matter what.

As far as actual pregnancy goes... not much to report. Still having a few bad days now and then, and still not feeling amazing all that often, but doing all right. It has been a week since I last threw up, but I'm not really expecting that to last. I'm really struggling with staying hydrated, as I have through the whole pregnancy, because water seems to just sit in my stomach and slosh around and give me reflux. This is really maddening, as I'm used to downing huge quantities of water daily with no consequences besides having to go to the bathroom a lot! I have switched to drinking more Gatorade now, which I'm none too fond of, but it seems to not bother my stomach as much. I have decided I probably am feeling the baby move/kick, though I still don't feel really certain about that. Unfortunately, we didn't get a lot of time to just look at/watch the baby in my ultrasound, which made me a little sad. The pics we got were not that great, either. Two pictures of his bum and genitalia, to prove his was a boy, and indistinct picture of his little foot, and a picture of his little arm obscuring his face. Alas. Anyway, something is definitely going on down there sometimes, and I figure at least some of it must be the baby! He was totally not positioned how I thought he was, based on what I was feeling. His head was down and to the left, with his feet up and to the right. I'd been feeling something down and left which I thought were kicks, but which were probably his head/hands, if anything. I have more recently started to feel things more where his feet would be, though. Assuming he hasn't completely flipped... but I think I would have felt that? Anyway, anxious to see the midwife this Friday and see what the official ultrasound report says and hear the baby again. After having Deborah lose her little ones, and having 3 losses between 18 and 20 weeks in my DDC, I'm becoming more than a little paranoid. 2nd tri losses are supposedly quite rare, but it sure isn't looking that way right now.greensad.gif

Anyway, hope you ladies are doing well, and hope to see lots more good news on here in the upcoming weeks. I will try to do a better job of keeping up!

Monkey (30) + Pirate (28) = a forever family (5/10) - Baby Bird (8/12), our long-awaited first, and one (9/13 @ 7w 6d); PCOS
*4***8***12***16***20***24***28**32***36***40** Oct 2014
#182 of 312 Old 03-28-2012, 03:00 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi ladies!

You know, I'm a huge proponent of counseling. DH and I went to counseling even before we were married because whereas we don't argue much, when we do, it can get pretty bad. I'm also the kind of person that I would keep my feelings inside and they will keep building until one day they explode. In fact, I'm STILL like that with other people but I do think that I'm much better about it with DH and I usually will end up telling him when something bothers me. I hope that continues when the babies come. I really don't have much to complain about though. DH has a much more flexible work schedule than me so he ends up doing a lot of the housework. Sometimes, I feel guilty about it but then he just tells me that he doesn't mind and he just wants me to relax when I get home. 

By the way, even with as many hours as I work, I think that being a SAHM is extremely difficult. I just can't fathom how someone can look at your responsibilities and think that 24 hour child care without a break wouldn't be! It's no wonder that most of my colleagues say that their wives are so happy when they come home because they need a break. I mean, you need to be on ALL THE TIME. So boo to those judgmental people who think that it's all easy. they obviously don't know what they are talking about (not that i do either but it just doesn't SEEM easy to me. )

Wissa, awww that's so cute that your son is saying all those things. And that he's worried how his sibling is going to get out. I love how kids think. And your mom seems really cool and logical :o) I'm glad that she made you feel better with her advice. I love her advice basically about looking at the big picture!

Monkey, how much fun would it be to have an asian looking baby with red hair! I would LOVE that! haha but like you said, it probably won't happen because I'm a full blood. sigh. i think our babies will have lighter hair than me but they still won't have red hair. I think they will have light skin though because DH is pale white. I love it though and force him to put on spf 50 every time we go out. He's gotten so many burns in his lifetime that i'm ultra worried about skin cancer for him, especially since he is so pale. So I'm pretty crazy about sun care to his dismay. He really just wants a tan. I think he gets jealous that I can usually tan really nicely and he finds it odd that i am just as crazy about NOT getting a tan for myself. I'm usually slathering sunscreen on myself too.

As for work, I'm not sure what arrangements can be made. I'll assess how I feel after I go back to work post maternity leave. If needed, I'll see if I can work part time. It seems like it's a better plan than just working as much as I do because i want to be able to see my babies sometimes!

I'm so glad that things are going better for you and your dh! I do hope that he is cutting you some slack though because seriously, you have had a really tough pregnancy. The fact that you're not over your nausea and just FINALLY had a week of not throwing up is very telling. It's difficult to be cheerful when you're feeling like poo! And infertility itself is so draining. I know that having the baby will be draining too so it's good that you guys are communicating better. I'm fascinated by your lives and all your traveling though! I can't imaging doing so much traveling. I mean, DH and i have a 10 day rule...if we're gone from our apartment for more than 10 days, we start to feel really annoyed and homesick. And we don't like traveling too much. I mean, we were considering a baby moon and then decided that we didn't want the hassle of taking a trip. haha. But seriously, it's so interesting that you travel with dh. i love that you do that because it means you spend more time with him. But living out of your suitcase in hotels has got to be an additional stressor! I'm thinking you guys are doing pretty well in your relationship to be able to handle all these stressors! 

How is your grandma doing? Is she feeling ok? I'm sorry you're going to miss so many family things but you shouldn't feel guilty...as you say, they will always be your family and you need to take care of you and your baby right now!

By the way, thank you for bringing up your paranoia because seriously, I'm feeling paranoid too. So many losses and at times that I've always been told is out of the ordinary. I thought we would be safe when we hit the second trimester but after Deborah lost her babies so late, i've been having panic attacks. If the babies don't kick for a while, I get really really worried. I'm even thinking about breaking out my fetal doppler again, although I really don't want to because I don't want to continue to expose them to unnecessary tests. SO i've controlled my urges but it's really difficult! I just keep trying to get them to respond by poking them (after they start the poking, of course! don't want to bother them if they are sleeping!) 

Gem, join! and let us know how you're doing :o) 

Ok, off I go now. Big hugs all around! I love this discussion and i'm so glad that i get to be a part of it!

Attempted induction at 38 weeks; ended up with a c-section.

In love with my baby boy Colin and baby girl Sienna!

love.gif

#183 of 312 Old 03-28-2012, 09:57 AM

Monkey- I don't know if this helps put your mind at ease at all- probably not because pregnancy is scary to begin with, but they do suspect the boys' passing was specifically because they shared a placenta. We don't know anything definitively yet because we are still waiting on the results of the autopsies. The perinatologist is also hopeful that I could carry a healthy pregnancy in the future, especially if we get a singleton.

Mama to my twin butterfly boys, Alan and Bruce, who passed away at 22 weeks gestation (3/24/12): Forever in Our Hearts. Our rainbow baby girl, my little bud of Hope,  joined our butterfly boys and Grandma Jan 1/31/13 at 9 weeks gestation. Love you so much. Next step: triadadopt.jpg
#184 of 312 Old 03-28-2012, 10:34 AM - Thread Starter

deborah - Thank you for popping in! I sort of figured your loss was probably connected to carrying twins. I'm glad they think that your chances for a healthy pregnancy in the future are good. I appreciate you trying to reassure me, and please definitely feel free to come here and talk. I know the odds are still in my favor, it's just strange to me to have so many losses in people due within a month of each other. I know one mama in my DDC ended up with placenta problems because of her fibroids (another risk factor I don't have), but the other two don't have any explanation for their losses, as far as I know. Do you know what will happen with your boys after the autopsy? Will you be able to bury or cremate them? I hope so. hug.gif to you and your family!

renavoo - I have an inkling of how my dh would react to a suggestion of counseling, and let's just say I'm not going to bring it up unless things get pretty bad! And honestly, when it comes to relationship issues, I'd say the ball is somewhere around 70-80% in my court. dh is simply much, much more laid back and accommodating than I am. I've definitely considered counseling for myself, and it's still something I'd like to do some day, but I just haven't wanted to put the mental energy (let alone money) into finding a counselor that works for me. I had a pretty bad experience with a counselor in college, and that has really scared me off. Several years later, I did find someone I thought I would really like, but I ended up only being able to meet with her once before moving out of state. I did also see a psychiatrist briefly a few years ago, but I'd rather not get in to that in a public forum. (I'm happy to talk about it via PM if anyone cares to know details.) Anyway, when I really sit down and look at things objectively, my dh has a lot more pluses than minuses. And in most cases, the more I find out about other people's husbands, the happier I am to have mine!

Oh, and on the subject of red-haired Asian babies... my brother has red hair, though it's more brown now than when he was little (he was a real carrot-top!), and his fiancee is half Korean. So we'll see how their babies come out when that time comes! As far as sunburns... I have one right now. greensad.gif This despite trying very, very hard NOT to get one. Apparently I really should have used a mirror when putting the sunscreen on, because I'm burned on one side of my neck/chest, the insides of both arms, but just near my armpits, the side of one foot, and randomly by the knee of one leg. Ouuuuch. Luckly, I was wearing a t-shirt with the sleeves rolled up and capris, or I'm sure I would have burned myself in even more irritating places. It's definitely improving (I got burned on Saturday), but clothes still rub painfully on it sometimes. dh did better - he only burned the tops of his feet and the back of one hand. We think he just forgot the back of his hand, and that the wakeboarding boots rubbed the sunscreen off the tops of his feet before it could sink in. We are in Corpus Christi now, right by the ocean, so I'm bummed that I can't go sit out in the sun, but I don't want to make anything worse. I am sick to death of living out of a suitcase, and I'm sure dh is even sicker of it. Being apart for more than a day or two makes both of us crazy, which is why I quit my job to travel with him. (That, and I was never going to get pregnant with how stressful my job was - not to mention with the lack of sperm!) But yeah, it's stress of its own. I have definitely decided to never become a flight attendant!

My grandma is doing pretty well. I talked to her for awhile on Monday, and she's been feeling pretty well, though sometimes she still gets some pain from where her previous surgery was. Today she is supposed to be meeting with the doctors to discuss her options, so I'm waiting to hear what the story is with that. I hope your little ones decide to be wiggly and reassure you! I'm excited that you're so close to the third trimester! Do you know how your babies are positioned right now? Mine is head down-ish, but he obviously still has a lot of time/space to change his mind!

Monkey (30) + Pirate (28) = a forever family (5/10) - Baby Bird (8/12), our long-awaited first, and one (9/13 @ 7w 6d); PCOS
#185 of 312 Old 03-28-2012, 01:02 PM

hi ladies - im threadcrashing with a question (i hope you won't mind). shy.gif  i did a FET cycle earlier this month and had my first beta today, which came in at 520 (14dp5dt).  in my last/successful FET cycle, my 14dp5dt beta was 932, so today's number has me a bit worried (well, that and betabase/googling that i shouldn't have done!).  what do ya'll think?  did anyone else have a similar 14dp5dt/19dpo beta number?

thanks so much in advance.

(x-posted in IVF grad thread)

me read.gif + dw crochetsmilie.gif + twins.gif twins.gif= stillheart.gif

member of mdc since 2008, now with new identity

#186 of 312 Old 03-28-2012, 01:14 PM - Thread Starter

No personal experience here, but from a lot of numbers-watching of others, it seems like betas can vary a LOT, even for the same person, from pregnancy to pregnancy. I think that number still sounds pretty good!

#187 of 312 Old 03-28-2012, 02:21 PM

Monkey- I couldn't handle the idea of burying them, so the hospital will cremate them and spread their ashes in the mountains. The hospital also does a memorial service in May for all the people who have lost their babies. We have their foot prints and hand prints on nice pieces of paper, their blankets that they were wrapped in right away and the blankets and hats we used when I held them together.

Mama to my twin butterfly boys, Alan and Bruce, who passed away at 22 weeks gestation (3/24/12): Forever in Our Hearts. Our rainbow baby girl, my little bud of Hope,  joined our butterfly boys and Grandma Jan 1/31/13 at 9 weeks gestation. Love you so much. Next step: triadadopt.jpg
#188 of 312 Old 03-28-2012, 02:39 PM - Thread Starter

deborah - I am glad that your hospital seems like they have a really good protocol in place for when babies are lost. I'm glad you have so many things to remember them by.

#189 of 312 Old 03-29-2012, 03:50 AM

Deborah, the hospital/hospital staff seemed to really be wonderful. I'm so glad that you got to spend some time with your babies and that you have some mementos. They are missed and loved. i'm excited for you to be pregnant once again and hopefully, we'll have a chance to follow you through to when you're holding your baby in your arms.

June, I addressed your query in the other thread! 

Monkey, NO to a sunburn! It sounds like a particularly nasty one! ugh. I hope that you're feeling much better. TMI but I used to love peeling the skin off when it started sloughing off. haha it was one of those things. But definitely no more sunburns! Do you use sprays or do you use rub on sunscreen? I like the sprays better because I feel like i'm less likely to completely forget an area.

As for counseling, yeah I can see that most people would have an issue being told to go to counseling. And it's difficult to actually find a good counselor. I actually did go to a counselor by myself when i was younger. I was dealing with the death of my father and dog all within a few months of each other AND I was in an emotionally abusive relationship. I don't actually know how much the counselor helped, to be honest. I just liked having a person there forced to hear me whine. haha At that time, I was very depressed because of everything that happened and looking back, I think I just needed the depression to run its course. Over the course of a few weeks, years later, I woke up, felt lighter than I did in years (the depression literally lasted like 2.5 years!) dumped the ex and moved forward. I met my DH a few months later. That whole mess made me appreciate my DH more, I think, and I used to ask myself whether, knowing what i know now, whether I would have stopped the abusive relationship earlier. And honestly, i don't know that i would because I would be afraid that then things wouldn't have played out as beautifully as it has now. Off topic way to say that i totally get appreciating what you have now. And I'm happy that seeing other peoples' DHs makes you appreciate your own more :oD

By the way, if my dh traveled as much as yours, I probably would quit my job to travel with him too!

I can't wait to hear about your report tomorrow? Also, i don't know that you would feel if the baby flipped. i hear it's tough to really tell what the kicks or punches actually mean and my little ones flipped where the little girl used to be closest to the cervix and now, the little boy is closest to the cervix. (and once in a while, punches around that area...bad boy!) haha. Last time, the little boy was heads down and the girl was breech. I won't know see them again until April 9th, which will be right around 28 weeks! 

I'm glad your grandma is doing well! How did the visit go? I hope well and that her options are good ones. You guys are so wonderful to be so supportive and i'm sure she's looking forward to holding your little one in her arms! 

Wissa, Gozal, Boots, Gem, wave.gif. Check in and let us know how you're doing!

love.gif

#190 of 312 Old 03-29-2012, 05:22 AM - Thread Starter

Just spent the time putting this together, so I'm going to post it, but I'm feeling kind of bleh, so then I'm going back to bed. More from me later! And please excuse the bad lighting/photography, but enjoy a look at two different hotel rooms. :P

0bf0d672_5to20comparison.png

I am definitely NOT all baby. And yes, that's definitely fat at 5 weeks, not baby, either.

#191 of 312 Old 03-29-2012, 01:13 PM - Thread Starter

renavoo - My sun burn is starting to peel in spots, so hopefully it's on its way out. Unfortunately, while it has also started to get itchy, it still hurts to touch it in most places. So I either have to deal with the agony of being itchy, or the agony of scratching my raw skin. I'm so glad it's very limited in the area it covers! I am a little freaked out by how red/purple the burn on my leg and foot is. It kind of looks more like a bruise than a burn. Very weird. But no blistering, and no real pain any more, so I'm sure I'll survive. I use rub-on sunscreen because I don't trust the sprays - I end up missing spots with them, too. Maybe I need to rub on then spray on! Sounds like you went through a lot all at once in your life. I've been very lucky in the losing-people department. The two hardest deaths in my life thus far have been my dog (10 years ago in May, and I can STILL cry about that!) and losing my grandpa last April. Started bawling about that just a few minutes ago, as I was setting up a webpage for my grandma so people could get updates on how she's doing. (Well, btw, with surgery now rescheduled to next Tuesday.) I'm blessed to still have both my parents, and 3 out of 4 grandparents. I actually still had all 4 great-grandmas when I was born, with two dying around the time I was in kindergarten (don't really remember them), and two dying about a year apart while I was in college. That was easier to handle, as I hadn't been super close to either of them, and they were both quite old (late eighties, early nineties), so it seemed natural for them to go. I am still hoping dh's travel schedule will chill out. He didn't travel much at all in January, and that was fine by me! You're right that I'm sure I can't tell hands from feet - I just thought it would be a big enough movement that I would notice it, but really, who knows?? I'm glad at least one of your LOs is practicing being head-down, and your girlie still has time to change her mind!

Everyone else - wave.gif. Update when you can, but obviously I'm not one to tell others they need to update more often!

#192 of 312 Old 03-31-2012, 09:07 AM

I feel like such a slacker for not posting more this week, but I just haven't been able to focus.  I guess the hormone/pregnancy fog is getting thicker.  It was terrible  when I was pregnant with DS.  I conceived in March with him and had to make it to the end of the school year.  Let's just say, my class spent a lot of time at the playground. ;)

Gozal - Have you had your screening yet?  I know it's sometime soon.  I hope you get a good look at both the babies and that you feel reassured.

Rena - My husband is fair and has red hair like yours.  There is actually some history of skin cancer in his family, so he is very conservative when it comes to sun exposure.  He also drives me nuts when it comes to DS being out the sun.  Anyway, I tan easily and have dark hair/dark eyes, but I have good mix of all kinds of genes (my dad is blond/blue eyes, my grandad had red hair.  ;)   Also, I guess I should mention that my DS's red hair all fell out and now he has blond hair. 

My cousin has red hair, but she married a dark Italian guy.  Everyone in his family has that dark complexion and that's how their kids turned out. 

With twins it might be hard to tell if they flip, but with one it was pretty obvious.  Just one big fump with he belly going way out! -- at 37 or so weeks anyway.

Monkey -  Looks like you have cute little baby bump showing up. ;)  -Sorry about the sunburn...:(

I can understand traveling with DH, especially with IF issues.  Him being gone all the time, would have made it vertically impossible to get pregnant.  Also, I know you said you taught.  I don't know how I could have done fertility treatments when I was teaching.  It's not like you can show up for work late....There has to be someone there to watch your class.  Getting a sub for my class was difficult in the best of circumstances much less getting someone to come in for just a couple of hours.

I'm sure you will make the transition to a SAHM fairly easily.  I think it  would be pretty hard to work things out with DH before the baby actually get here.  There will be things he's good at with the baby and things he just doesn't get...and you won't know until it happens.  Plus, as the baby grows and has different needs the things you need from DH will change too.

Hope your grandmother's surgery goes well next week

As for the GD test, I do believe it was fasting. I know they didn't want me to eat breakfast, but they also scheduled the test really early in the morning.  After all the tests I had for insulin resistance, I would say fasting will lower your chances of having to go back and do the three hour test.  I actually did the three hour test for infertility.  My my other tests had came back normal yet a little high, so my RE wanted to the 3 hour test anyway.  I passed it with flying colors (so said the nurse). 

AFM - I have appointment Tues. with my OB office.  Notice I said office not OB.  They just want you to meet with the nurse for the first appointment, which I don't really like.  If all the appointments are that way, I'll find another doctor.  So anyway, we will do an ultrasound and all the prenatal bookwork (which I find totally pointless, as I've been tested to the N'degree for everything already!).  I'm 12 weeks today!!

Deborah - I just wanted to say you are strong and sweet person.  Thanks so much for taking the time and trying to reassure us over here while you are grieving the loss of your boys.  

deborahbgkelly likes this.

Me & DH, DS 12/07superhero.gif, DD 10/12 luxlove.gif  and puppy love dog2.gif.
#193 of 312 Old 03-31-2012, 01:28 PM

Monkey, you look fantastic! Still slim but with a little baby bump. And I refuse to acknowledge your "fat". haha you're so slim except for your nice little baby belly now! Keep us updated on your grandma's progress. I hope everything goes well on Tuesday! As for the sunscreen, boo! Come on, skin, heal!

Wissa, oooh now i'm curious how your baby will turn out! What color hair does your DS have? I know my babies will have dark hair and dark eyes and i hope they have darker skin too, compared to my DH. Hmm which reminds me that i really need to convince dh to go to the dermatologist again soon. UGH to seeing a nurse for the first appointment. That doesn't even make sense! I meet with a nurse to get my vitals taken, a sonographer, if I'm getting one of those done and then one or 2 OBs! If an US is being done, they have me see a high risk OB because of the twins. If an US isn't being done (and i've only had that experience once, a week ago) i'll just see a regular OB. My appointments always run long but at least I feel covered! I definitely think you should find someone else if this is the way it will always be. YAH for week 12!!! First trimester is almost over!!

Doing ok here. Fighting a nasty cold with hacking coughs but otherwise, feeling ok. Trying to eat lots of vitamin C just to hurry this cold along! hope everyone is doing well!

love.gif

#194 of 312 Old 03-31-2012, 03:54 PM

Rena - Sorry about the cold.  It is miserable to be sick and pregnant.

So, I got the Wii and weighed myself today.  According to it, I've lost 4 lbs..  That's not good.  I'm hoping the scales at the Doctor's office will say something else next week. Otherwise, I'm going to half to start eating a lot.  I've already increased my carbs, so I thought I would have put on a lb. or 2. 

#195 of 312 Old 04-02-2012, 11:28 AM - Thread Starter

wissa - Yeah, trying to do IF stuff while teaching was nightmarish. And all I had was a couple of consults and 3-4 ultrasound appointments. Trying to do IUIs or IVF while teaching would have been impossible, at least where I taught. We only got 5 days off for the whole year - that was for both personal and sick days. I know there are some other ladies around these boards who did IF treatments while teaching, but I seriously don't know how. I taught 3 different grade levels and had a different class schedule every day, so it's not like sub plans were easy to make, either! I very much believe my anovulation (which lasted from before we got married till last August) was mostly caused by work-related stress, so in my case, relaxing was very key to getting pregnant without fertility drugs! Though 'just' relaxing wasn't enough, either. Anyway, I still feel very definitely like I made the right choice quitting, it's just been hard in a different way than working was.

As for the GD test - the office manager did say that when they did that test, it would need to be scheduled for first thing in the morning. But the thought of getting up and dressed, and going for a 45-minute car ride without anything to eat, followed by drinking sugar water - ugh. It's not going to be pretty. At least it will be at my midwife's office and not some horrible, cold lab place like my last GTT. Trying to get blood from this dehydrated, veinless stone 5 times in an hour in a freezing lab = torture.

I'm sorry you're not seeing the actual OB. It seems like the nurse visit is really common at so many practices, and that is really annoying. Hope it goes well, nonetheless! And I'm sorry about the weight loss. I lost about 4 lbs between 5-8 weeks with my extreme nausea, and things have turned out okay for me so far. See more about my monster baby below. winky.gif There's been a pretty extensive discussion thread in my DDC about weight gain/loss, and the overall consensus seems to be that there is a huge amount of variation (including a lot of people who lost weight 1st tri) in healthy pregnancies. So try not to worry too much... if that's possible!

renavoo - Well, I'm certainly not the Pilsbury Dough Boy, but the fat is definitely there. Bless you for your blindness to it. lol.gif Sorry about your cold - that is totally the pits! As if you need something else to reduce your lung capacity! I hope it passes quickly.

AFM, mw visit went well Friday. I finally met with one of the other midwives in the practice. Which is good, because I'd like to get to know all of them before delivery, since I don't know who will be on call (there are 4 of them), but was somewhat disconcerting because I've gotten used to the main midwife. It was a little weird having to retell some of my medical history and what's been discussed in past visits. I guess that is par for the course for people who are in big practices, but since I've seen the same midwife for my first 3 prenatal visits, I wasn't expecting it. Anyway, it freaked me out a little because she didn't find the heartbeat right away - she probably spent at least a minute or two looking for it. Apparently, in the process, she heard it at some point neither dh or I did, but was just trying to get it louder. Also, apparently what I interpreted as random static was actually the sound of the baby wiggling. Go figure. Anyway, his little heart is beating right along, and we actually heard it both via the umbilical cord (apparently, more swoosh-y sounding that way), and via the actual heart. Based on where she found his heartbeat, he's still positioned the way he was at the ultrasound.

In other news, I have gained EIGHT POUNDS in the last 4 weeks. YIKES. This had better not continue! That puts me at 12 lbs of weight gain since my first prenatal visit, although I was probably still a couple of pounds below my weight when I got my BFP at that point. Anyway, I also got to read the full ultrasound report, and as of right now, baby is BIG. He is measuring ahead of dates on all the measurements the took, anywhere from 4 days to 11 days ahead. They also estimated his weight in the 89th percentile, although that's the percentile for a 20w3d baby, whereas he was 19w1d. So I guess that's why I put on so much weight? And, as I explained to the midwife, he could have been conceived a day or two earlier, max - no way the date is off by a week, partly because dh was gone for the entire week before conception, but also because of OPKs, temp shifts, and getting a -HPT two days before the +. In any case, I'm still only halfway through my pregnancy, so he may not remain a monster baby. But I was much, much more reassured by having him measure big for dates than small. The report also says that all the things they checked (brain, heart, cord, spine, etc) look good, so that was very reassuring. Oh, and it says I have an anterior placenta, with no previa. I'm a little confused by the anterior placenta - it would explain part of the reason I took longer to feel the baby, though this being my first pregnancy also explains that, but I thought anterior placenta also made it take longer to find heart tones, and the mw found his no problem at 8w2d, and right in the middle, too. Anyway, it's not a problem, just a curiosity. Oh, and after listening to my description of what I've been feeling, the mw also said it's definitely the baby moving, so that is exciting! I can't wait for dh to be able to feel it on the outside.

#196 of 312 Old 04-02-2012, 03:48 PM

Monkey - Yeah, the GD test is not much fun.  I got to drink mine on the way to the office as it took me forever to get there!  I guess it's just one of those things women do for their babies.

It's funny you think the stress of not teaching helped you get pregnant.  I taught a self-contained, multi-grade, special ed class for kids with emotional and behavior problems.   So, I was very "stressed" when I got pregnant with DS.  I was almost to the point of seeing if they would let me come and hang-out, so I could get pregnant again.  Only 5 sick & personal days sounds crazy.  We accumulated sick days and any personal days you didn't use were turned into sick days the next year.  We also had a sick leave bank you could donate or get days from.  I think donated over 20 days when I quit.  Of course, now with DS there's no way I would have had so many days. I'm sure I would have used them for maternity leave or being with a sick child.

I don't think I would worry too much about the baby being too big.  If you read over in the VBAC forum, they claim those readings are meaningless. ;)  I was actually skimming thorough one of my pregnancy books today and it says..."A gain of more than 6 1/2 pounds in a month is too much; less than 1/2 pound in 1 month after the 1st trimester is too little."   So, while you're a little over the recommended, it's not that much.  I did that one month with DS, but I added a little exercises and didn't gain any the next month. (The doctor was way impressed!) 

In anycase, it sounds like the baby is healthy and that is great news.

I guess was just surprised to see the scale go down.  I know it's common for women to lose weight in the 1st trimester, but I haven't had any severe MS with vomiting or anything.  The only thing I can think of is that I was still on 2 pills of metformin.  When I was taking 3 pills of that stuff I couldn't gain weight even if I ate icecream everyday.   So, I'm thinking maybe the HCG/increased metabolism + metformin caused the weight loss.  However, I have to say judging from size of my bbs and my belly I really did think it should have been more.

Irony...I lost so much weight trying to get pregnant that the clothes I wore when I conceived DS are still too big and I'm 12 weeks pregnant.  My wedding rings also fall off my finger...

Renavoo -  lol..Now I'm curious how this baby will turnout.  Honestly, I never thought past getting pregnant again.  I guess I've just always thought another baby would be like DS, but clearly it just might be a surprise.

#197 of 312 Old 04-03-2012, 11:00 AM

Just wanted to edit it to say...going to the doctor tomorrow!  I have honestly been (well felt) nuerotic this week.  My anxiety level has been high, but I feel like I'm just not processing I'm pregnant.

With DS I talked to him all time and thought about how he would be.  This time it just doesn't feel real.  I'm not talking to the baby or thinking about the baby.  I can't explain it, but my emotions are just all over the place.

#198 of 312 Old 04-04-2012, 02:55 AM

http://www.infoocean.info/avatar3.jpgI'm being brave and starting this thread!

#199 of 312 Old 04-05-2012, 06:53 AM

Harlow - Welcome!  Please, share your story with us.

Where is everyone?  Update soon.  :)

#200 of 312 Old 04-05-2012, 06:59 AM - Thread Starter

Busy with my my grandma - will try to update soon, but I am okay, and so is she, though definitely in pain with movement/coughing/etc. Hope everyone is well!

#201 of 312 Old 04-05-2012, 09:33 PM

Eek, I have been so busy! I have tried to update a few times but never got to write more than a few lines. Sadly my grandfather, who I was very close to, passed away last week. DS was sick also last week, and I am still nauseous and tired. Oh, and Passover is...yikes...almost here. I am a little sad by how non-spotless my house is. I mean, spotlessness is not a requirement, but usually this is when my house is at its peek loveliness. 

First an update...I am 12w1d today! And, um, I popped. Yesterday I went to an event at DS's preschool and *everyone* guessed. I am a little...nonplussed...as well as delighted...by looking oh so pregnant as 12 weeks. But most importantly, today I had my integrated screen. I have been super nervous about this. Not in a butterflies in the stomach, up-all-night worrying way, more like holding your breath for so long you don't even realize you're doing it anymore way. I had decided that if things went well today, I would allow myself to relax into this pg. Well, everything went SO WELL. Both babies are doing great. They measured correctly, had hbs in the 160s, no discordancy, and their placentas are totally separate and well-positioned. It is amazing how much they look like individuals! I won't have my final risk assessment results until next week, but from the measurements the doctor came in beaming and told me things look wonderful. Apparently the nuchal fold measurements are right on target. I know it probably sounds half-crazy but I am still amazed there are two babies in there. I love them so much already.

Otherwise, I have been feeling less nauseous these last 2 days, thought still very tired, so I am hopeful that easing into the second tri will be a relief. Though who knows, it could be a fluke. I guess I'm going to have to tell my profs sooner than later, because I really want to schedule my defense for this summer. To clarify, I am finishing my dissertation/degree (it's basically finished), I'm just not going to be taking the expected next step, which in my field is either a postdoc or a tenure-track position. I thought that possibly, with one baby, I could consider doing a local postdoc (if I could even get one, which is unlikely) with a low teaching load for 2013-14. But now, I don't think I'll be able to (and I don't really want to). Academia is basically unravelling in the US right now. I could work super hard, never see my children, and still end up unemployed or underemployed. I wasn't sure how to put that diplomatically to my profs, but I think "twins" is my perfect "excuse." ;)

Oh no guys, I am out of time. I have lots I want to write to each of you...I'll be back after the holiday, promise. Thinking of you all!

Me + DH + DS ('07) + after a long and bumpy road, thrilled that our twin boys are finally here (DS2 & DS3, '12)

#202 of 312 Old 04-06-2012, 02:48 AM

Hi ladies!

I hope everyone is doing well! Sorry i haven't posted in a while. It's been crazy and i've been feeling a little down because of the cold but i'm feeling better now :o)

Monkey, I gained 6 pounds in a week and a half that week I worked 14 hours a day so 8 pounds in 4 weeks sounds normal to me. haha I was eating like crap and basically just sitting so that explains it. Since then, I've been gaining like a pound and a week, thank goodness. But I felt really really bad that week when i went to the doctor's office and got weighed. I used to weigh myself at home but seriously, that stuff is just too depressing. hehe

I'm so excited that the baby is growing well! Let us know how your grandmother is doing. 

Wissa, how did the doctor's appointment go? details please :o) Did you get any US photos? I'm sorry you're feeling neurotic and a little disconnected but I would assume that is normal since it took so long to conceive. i felt that way in the beginning too but that was, I think, more because I was worried about feeling too much and then losing the babies. Now, I'm just so excited to see the babies and hold them. i love feeling them move inside me, although they are getting stronger and once in a while, I actually jump when i get poked. I love that too :o)

Harlow, Welcome!! tell us more about yourself!

Gozal, yah to a great visit! I am so happy everything turned out well (although i had no doubts that it would!) and YAH to reaching the 12 week mark. I know I started feeling a lot better around 12 weeks (actually, I think it was around 11 weeks for me!) so i'm hopeful that you're going to start feeling better soon too. As for teaching, I think twins are an excellent excuse as to why you can't go do a post doc. And anyway, who cares what anyone thinks. Just get the doctorate and whatever happens after should be up to you. No one should judge you! 

AFM, nothing much happening here. Time is really starting to fly because i realize now how much I still have to do. DH and I are going to start organizing this weekend and maybe start setting up the cribs (mostly because i bought them and we need to see whether they actually work well for us or if we need to return them!). I need to start throwing stuff away because we have way too much stuff in our apartment but that will be difficult because i'm a hoarder. haha. but anyway, that's all. Monday is our next appointment and i'm excited because we get to see the babies. I just hope they are doing well- I am so happy that I feel them moving around but i still can't completely shake the worry that these visits will show that something is wrong. I think it's because it took DH and I so long to get here. Fingers crossed for Monday! Otherwise, i think it's time to start lining up the interviews for nannies because I'd ideally want a nanny to start a few weeks after the babies are here so that I have a couple of months to watch the nanny and make sure that the nanny and I are compatible!

Hope everyone is doing well! Big hugs! And happy holidays :o)

love.gif

#203 of 312 Old 04-06-2012, 01:39 PM

Monkey - I'm glad your grandma is doing well, but I hope the pain she is will pass quickly.

Gozal - Yeah! It's wonderful your scan went so well!!  That's really good news about the separate placenta, etc..  I know those kinds of things can cause complications for twins.  I'm sorry to hear about your grandfather.  I lost my granddad right after DS was born and it was very hard because I had so wanted them to meet. 

I hope your MS is getting better!!!  If you get your house spotless, you're welcome to come clean mine!!  My house is a huge mess.  Normally, I hate it when my house gets this way because I feel as a SAHM it's my job to keep the house clean/neat.  However, I don't really care right now.  The weather is gorgeous and I lack motivation!!  Plus, I'm going to spend a few days with my mom...so maybe it can wait until later.

Twins sounds like the perfect excuse to me!!  Go with that, who could argue twins aren't a full-time job.  You could also say the money you would be making wouldn't cover your childcare for 3 kids.  ;)  Congratulations on finishing your doctorate!! or almost finishing...

Rena - Sounds like your twins are doing great!  I think you are right.  It is hard to adjust my thoughts after trying for so long.  I think I was also in the boat of don't get too attached because something could happen.  It's hard to let go of all the worry and just enjoy finally being close my goal.  I'm sorry to hear you're still dealing with that cold.  (Cold go away and leave sweet pregnant Renavoo alone!)

Me - Doctor's appointment went great today.  I ended up changing doctors again (for the last time).  I feel like I've ended up where I need to be.  This doctor was to my surprise just fine with trying for VBAC and this hospital is much better equipped to handle emergencies.  The baby measured a little ahead of where "he" should be and had a good heartbeat.  He's an active little thing...stretched out, jumped, put his hand by his mouth.   (we say he because the men in my husband's family just don't have girls)  According their scales I've only lost a pound, so that made me feel better too.  I'll be 13 weeks tomorrow and threw up for the first time this morning.  My MS has been virtually gone since last week, so it took me by surprise.  Apparently, the baby doesn't like eggs.

#204 of 312 Old 04-08-2012, 02:40 AM

Wissa, UGH to the reemergence of morning sickness! But YAH to a great scan and finding the OB that will take you through this pregnancy! He sounds very reasonable and very willing to work with you and your needs. I'm hopeful that you can have your VBAC! And congrats to reaching the second trimester! At least your chances of miscarriage are exceedingly low now!

Isn't it wonderful to see your baby move? It's just such an amazing feeling. DH and I are going to the doctor's office tomorrow for our check in and it's been a month since we've seen the babies so we're so excited that they should be scanning us tomorrow. The babies have been active and I just love it when they move. i'm also happy because it's easier for dh to see my undulating stomach, when the little ones are moving. What an amazing process being pregnant and giving birth is. Doesn't make me less concerned about the pain at delivery and such but hey, at least i'm enjoying it now. haha

We were supposed to spend the weekend cleaning up and while we did a little, we didn't do as much as we wanted. I ended up not being as up for it because I'm still fighting the tail end of my cold and i'm also fighting a headache. otherwise, though, dh and i are amazed that we're about 2.5 months away from having our babies! Wow, how nerve wracking and amazing at the same time!

Hope everyone else is doing well! Check in when you can!

love.gif

#205 of 312 Old 04-09-2012, 09:37 AM - Thread Starter

wissa - I have a fair amount of empirical evidence that stress makes me stop ovulating, which is especially common with PCOS, since stress gets your adrenals going, which ups your androgens, and makes ovulating even less likely. I get my period more often in the summer, when I tend to be less stressed (I think there may be a vitamin D component there, too). I also think I tend to get stressed more easily than other people, even under the same circumstances. I'm not a very laid-back person, by any means, and I'm not good at letting go and relaxing. Besides job stress, I was also dealing with the stresses of being newly married, which were pretty significant for me. I don't think it's at all coincidence that I went about two years without ovulating on my own, and then ovulated 3 times in 4 months once all I really had to do was sit around and do nothing. (Which is boring and lonely, but not inherently stressful for me.) And yeah, the leave policy was ridiculous. We were initially told that they rolled over to the next year, but then they told us no, they would just pay us for them. And what they paid us for them was some incredibly pitiful amount. I was glad I had used most of my days my first year. My second year, I used all of them and then some, because I ended up missing 4 days of work to attend my grandfather's funeral, when I only had about one day left. Luckily, they didn't take it out of my paycheck. I had a couple of colleagues who were sick for more than 5 days, and ended up having their pay docked for it, which was ridiculous - do you really want a teacher coming to school with chicken pox?!? Anyway, don't miss that part of my job!

I agree that it's way too soon to predict the baby being monster-sized at birth. I was just surprised he was so big already. I've also heard that ultrasound weight measurements are wildly inaccurate, but I wondered if they were more accurate when they're smaller. In any case, much happier with him being on the big side than the little side. I'm glad the scale at the doctor's was reassuring as far as your weight, and that you feel like you've finally landed where you need to be with your HCP. I hope it is smooth sailing from here on out. Hopefully you are feeling more connected to your baby, too. Honestly... I rarely talk to the baby. I don't feel "connected" at all, or any of the other feelings that so many mamas on here describe. To a certain extent, I forget that I'm pregnant some times. I definitely don't feel a connection between all the changes my body is going through and the idea of actually having a baby to take care of most of the time. I guess for me, I've decided that I'm okay with that. I'm just taking things one day at a time, and figuring attachment will come with time.

Harlow - Welcome! What is your story?

Gem - Still out there? Still feeling shy over here? hug2.gif

Gozal - So sorry to hear about your grandfather. hug.gif I lost mine at this same time last year. I still miss him. I hope Passover went/is going well for you. I'm glad your screening results looked good. I hope the nausea continues to lessen, too. And I agree - twins are the perfect excuse for putting career ambitions on hold. Though in a perfect world, you would need an "excuse" to do what you thought was best for yourself and your family.

renavoo - Six pounds in a week? Yikes! Do not want that! But you're also carrying two, so that's only 3 lbs per baby for you. Luckily, the weight gain seems to have slowed down a little. I'm guessing spending a week eating out while we were traveling was a contributing factor. How exciting that you're really starting to get things set up and ready to go at your place! Not too much more time to go until your little ones come - though hopefully still a couple of months! I'm glad your cold is getting better. Hopefully mine will not decide to stick around long!

AFM, well, I have dh's cold now. Grr. It's currently only on the right side of my face (ear, nose, and throat). I do not know how/why my body does this, but often one side gets sore/congested for a day or two before the other side joins in. I guess it's preferable in some ways to both sides being sick, but it's still pretty darn miserable. Especially the sore throat. Bleh. Hopefully this one will go away quickly like the last one did. I checked back, it's only been about a month since dh last had a cold. I wish we could get his immune system up and running better - or mine. I seem to eventually succumb to everything he gets!

On the happy side of things, my grandma is going home from the hospital tomorrow! She has apparently improved leaps and bounds since I last saw her (Thursday). Between other commitments and me starting to get sick, I haven't been able to go back, though others have been with her. Even better, they found NO CANCER in any of the tissue they removed. That means the chance of any recurrence is very, very low, and her prognosis for the future is very good. Definitely a huge relief for all involved.

In other happy news, dh felt the baby move for the first time on Friday night. He was kicking/punching/headbutting (not sure what!) so hard while I was sitting down that I could literally see my hand jumping, so I walked over to let dh feel. I could barely feel him while I was standing up, but apparently dh felt him really well. So that was an exciting moment. Baby is pretty squirmy sometimes, though I still haven't really known him to respond to being poked or anything like that. I did get my first awkward stomach touch Saturday night. It wasn't a total stranger, but it was an ex-coworker I'm not very fond of. (I don't think she knows that, though.) It was extra awkward to me because the baby wasn't doing *anything*, so it's not like there was any reason to touch me at all. Oh, well. Guess I'll have to get used to it. Other than that, no one but dh and the midwives have touched my belly.

We are still trying to figure out where we are going when our lease here is up. I've just been way too busy with my grandma and my church work to work on it, and dh has been sick and busy with work. I finally figured out one reason it's so overwhelming this time, as compared to previous searches - we don't have a very limited geographic area we're looking at. We're open to a lot of possibilities (all in the Houston area, but that area is BIG), so it's not a matter of just settling for something that's available in the "right" area. And part of it is that we don't want to "settle", either. Our first apartment really needed to be somewhere between my work and his school, and it really needed to be inexpensive. We figured we'd make it work, no matter the size, as long as the price and area were right. And we did. Our current apartment was picked pretty much solely on being close to his work, and with the idea that we wouldn't even be living in it half the time, so we weren't picky. But now we're more open as to location, we definitely, absolutely want/need more space, and we're talking about staying 18 months - 2 years, so we want something we really like. Plus, um, our BABY will be coming home to this place, most likely learning to crawl/walk in this place, etc. So while I know that babies are raised in all sorts of places and spaces, I really want something nice for our baby. Anyway, I guess this problem would be more likely to be resolved if I stopped typing about it and went back to looking at listings!

#206 of 312 Old 04-10-2012, 06:15 PM

Monkey, ugh to being sick! I know that we're more likely to get sick but boy does it suck. I hope you're feeling better! 

Yah to your grandma going home. How is she doing? And YAH TO NO CANCER! That is such a relief. whoo hoo. As for moving, don't stress too much because as you said, things will work out regardless of where you are. But I hope that you find a nice place soon so you can stop worrying. Let us know how it goes.

And, I love sharing the kicks and such with my DH too. Isn't such an amazing experience? And I love it when my DH gets to experience it with me. 

Anyway, off I go to get some rest. I just wanted to say hi to everyone :oD

wave.gif

love.gif

#207 of 312 Old 04-11-2012, 12:15 PM

Monkey - That's great news about your grandma.  I'm sure your family is very relieved!

Your sick leave policy sounds like a bit of a nightmare.  I knew when I was teaching we were under a lot of pressure to not miss a lot days because there's evidence that kids aren't learning if the teacher not there. (Well, Duh!)  However, I think leave policies like the one at your school come from the public who think teachers already get enough days.  As a teacher I have to admit, it is nice to get every holiday.  However, I don't think people realize that as a teacher you are exposed to every virus that comes through the community.  Teachers also have family members that get sick and they don't get sick just during the holidays or over the summer.  Plus, as a special education teacher in a self-contained classroom I had to take sick days just to be able to write my IEPs.  No way those things were getting done during school hours.  I guess I need to get off my soap box, but I do get tired everyone thinking teaching is so easy.   There are quiet a few teachers out there that wouldn't even have wanted my job.

If I implied stress didn't cause an-ovulation, that was not my intent.  I just meant the stress from teaching didn't seem to cause it me.  I have lots fo theories about why I stopped ovulating.  One of my theories is that I was emotionally drained after the birth of DS.  I'll not go into everything happen in last 3 months of pregnancy or postpartum, but I'm pretty sure my adrenals were "fatigued".  I sometimes wonder if I got pregnant so easily with DS because my aide was a fertile mertile and her cycles influenced mine.

And as long as were a bemoaning the ills of PCOS...I think it can also affect breastfeeding.  I had a terrible time breastfeeding DS and I think a lot of it had to do with the PCOS.  I've been trying to find a website I came across a while back that had a lot information about PCOS and breastfeeding. 

Sorry you have a cold.  Hopefully flu and cold season will be over soon and we can all go the summer months with any more sickness.

Finding a new place does sound stressful, but I think you are looking for the right things.  You don't want a home that going be dangerous for crawling or walking baby/toddler.  My DS was so dangerous when he started walking.  He had no fear and I love that all I really had to do was close doors to keep him out of trouble.  The only other thing I would recommend might be place near a park or neighborhood where you can get out and walk.  It can get lonely, old and claustrophobic being struck inside with a new baby.  Happy apartment hunting.

Renavoo - Hi to you too!!  Did you get to the babies at your last visit?  You are getting so close!

Me - So, I started out the pregnany determined to keep to my low carb - low sugar diet.   I guess I'm not doing very well as I've been eating DS's jelly beans while I've been typing. ;)

#208 of 312 Old 04-14-2012, 03:51 AM

Wissa, I am being told that we're allowed to eat candy without concern because we're pregnant. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. heheehehe. That and my babies crave sugar. No, not me...my babies. ;o)

How are you doing?

Monkey, HI! How is the house searching going? :oD

love.gif

#209 of 312 Old 04-17-2012, 08:15 AM

So...it's super darn early, but can I go ahead and join? innocent.gif I'm only 4 weeks (exactly) today and just got the positive yesterday, but I could really use the support. Plus, I miss seeing you guys as much on the IF One thread. :) 

Trying to figure out if I should get my progesterone tested or use the prog cream...I've never been tested for it, but I know a lot of PCOS-ers miscarry early b/c of low prog. Trying not to freak myself out but also want to be doing everything I can! Calling my midwife to schedule my first appointment but I have no idea how early they'll be able to get me in.

Me (28) and DH (31), TTC since summer 2010. I have "Lean" PCOS with IR -- started Metformin 10/2011.   chartnew.gif http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/32b88b
Finally got our BFP pos.gif 4-16-12! Welcomed our son into the world naturally on 12-12-12. 6lbs 8 oz, 21.5in at 38+1 weeks.

#210 of 312 Old 04-17-2012, 01:12 PM

Rena - I think eating a little candy is o.k.  I just don't want to over do it.  I'm especially concerned about getting gestational diabetes with the history of PCOS.  I didn't have any problems with DS, but that was 4-5 years ago.  I also put on nearly 50 lbs. with DS and I don't want to do that again.   

How are your babies doing?  I think they would get along get with mine...It seems to crave sugar too!  :)

Chica - Welcome to the graduates side.  The first few weeks are hard.  It's hard to believe that yes your are finally pregnant and it's hard not to worry about something going wrong.

My experience with the progesterone cream is that is not strong enough to really do anything.  The progesterone suppositories my RE gave were much stronger.  They stopped my spotting before my periods, but the cream didn't do a thing.  I know you're nervous and want to do everything you can to make sure this pregnancy sticks.  However, I would say to just wait and talk to your midwife.  I think your appointment is the same day as my next appointment. 

For now you are pregnant, which means it can happen!!!  Right now you are on your way to being a mommy around Christmas!  My DS due was 12/21, but he came two weeks early.

Monkey - Gozal - Gem - Harlow -????

AFM - I'm trying to eat more, but not gain too much weight.  Yes. I know that sounds mental.  I know I need more calories, I'm just trying not to get them from the wrong things. I've been very moody and cranky, so I took a long nap while DS was a preschool today.  I had forgotten how much I slept when I was pregnant with DS.  I hope a few extra zzzs will help me chill out.  I have never handled a lack of sleep well.  Oh, and it just hit me I'll be 34 when this baby is born!!! Like when did I get older than 30?   ----I also left my last ultra-sound pics at my mom's house.  So, I haven't been able to stare at them, which is kind of sad.

Tags
Pregnancy

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page