Infertility ONE Thread GRADUATES!!! - Winter/Spring 2012 - Page 9 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#241 of 312 Old 05-11-2012, 11:07 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Monkey - Funny how we cross posted.  I'm glad your Grandma continues to improve and is going home. I can't believe you are already 26 weeks!!!  Wow.

When it comes to organizing I always start out with gusto, but it dies quickly.  It seems no matter how much I get rid of  there is still more stuff...

And Renavoo is right don't worry about your weight too much.  If anything, it's worse to not gain enough than to gain a little too much.  Plus, if you midwife is not concerned there's no reason for you to stress about it.  Also, my doctor with DS said her experience is that most women gain 50 or 60 lbs with their first! not the recommended 25 to 35.  I had a friend mention that a lot of women she knew gained closer to the 90 lbs. range!!!     I actually did gain close to 50 lbs. with DS.   I've been trying to start exercising again, so I can avoid gaining that much this time.  However, it's really hard to get back into the habit...let me know if you have more success with it than I have had so far.

My OB said they now do a 2 hour test for everyone at their clinic.  Honestly, the 3 hour does sound like over kill.  It seems like everyone is obsessed with diabetes these days.  It's like they are wanting everyone to have it (pregnant or otherwise)...  (Sorry just how it looks to me and I find all to annoying.  I'm tired of the hype).   And just prove my point my DH's yearly blood test results all came back normal, perfect, beatiful and he has the worst diet of anyone I know!!!!!!!!  He's not even overweight!  And for that I am giving him a 40th birthday party. 

Me & DH, DS 12/07superhero.gif, DD 10/12 luxlove.gif  and puppy love dog2.gif.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#242 of 312 Old 05-13-2012, 02:37 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Are you supposed to put weight on in the first trimester? Because I only put on maybe 2 lbs so far and that was the water weight I had lost on the diet I was doing just prior to getting here.

Mom to 3 , 1 , 10 hermit crabs, and a 156g stock tank pond with goldfish and lilypads!
IUI#4 success! Welcome Guy V 11/14/12
#243 of 312 Old 05-14-2012, 05:14 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 120 Post(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
renavoo - Here's to really hoping things slow down for you at work! I hope they will let you work from home. You're getting so close to meeting your babies!!

wissa - Yeah, maintaining the urge to organize is difficult. I've done a lot, but I get discouraged with how much is left. But I did manage to get started on our filing cabinet Saturday, so hopefully I can continue that today! Part of what scares me with that is the fear that I will discard something important. But really, do I need insurance EOBs from 2009? I doubt it. I am curious - I think you're our only grad who already has a kid. How much is this pregnancy like your pregnancy with your DS? What things are the same/different? It seems like some people have very similar pregnancies with all their kids, and other people have totally different experiences.

kparker - It is totally normal to gain little to nothing (or even to lose weight) in the first trimester. The official recommendation I got from my midwife is that I should gain 0-5 lbs. in my first trimester. You sound like you're perfectly in the middle there. smile.gif According to my midwife's scales, I gained about 5 lbs in my first trimester, but I didn't see her until I'd already lost about 3 lbs of my prepregnancy weight due to my morning sickness. So I also probably gained around 2 lbs above my prepregnancy weight. As long as you aren't feeling weak or dehydrated, I wouldn't worry. Obviously, you can eat at least something if you've gained weight!

AFM, this is it - the big moving week! Lease starts tomorrow, and SIL is going to help me make sure everything is cleaned up and in good shape at the new place. I'll be moving some of our clothes tomorrow, too. Wednesday my mom is helping me, and Thursday MIL is helping me, and I'm hoping to have all of our pictures/fragile stuff moved and all of our kitchen stuff moved and organized between the two of them. Friday will be packing whatever's left, and Saturday the furniture and everything else goes. So ready to move on!

Not a lot going on pregnancy-wise. 27 weeks tomorrow. I can often see the baby wiggling externally now, which is a little weird. I am going to call this week and verify that they really did mean the 3-hour test, and request the 1-hour test if they did, because that's just too much.

Hope everyone is doing well! Don't know how much I'll be on this week, but I'll probably at least be reading along.

Monkey (30) + Pirate (28) = a forever family (5/10) - Baby Bird (8/12), our long-awaited first, one (9/13 @ 7w 6d), and a (10/6/14)

PCOS
#244 of 312 Old 05-14-2012, 11:31 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)

Ran out of time on my lunch, but just wanted to pop in and say that I hope everyone had a great Mother's Day! Also, Monkey, good luck with the move! I hope everything goes incredibly smoothly! :)

Me (30) and DH (33). I have "Lean" PCOS with IR -- started Metformin 10/2011.  
Finally got our BFP  4-16-12! Welcomed our son into the world naturally on 12-12-12. 6lbs 8 oz, 21.5in at 38+1 weeks.
#245 of 312 Old 05-14-2012, 07:56 PM - Thread Starter

chica - Glad you popped in - I saw your update on the other thread. FYI, it's the progesterone that's making you pee right now, not your uterus expanding. I also peed a lot early in my pregnancy, and I couldn't figure out how my uterus could already be big enough to be squishing my bladder when my baby was the size of a sesame seed! But according to my pregnancy book, it's another lovely, lovely side effect of progesterone. I'm sorry you're feeling worried by the lack of m/s, but not sorry that you're not feeling sick. I hope you get a wonderful heartbeat next week to reassure you!

AFM, I have cleaned out more of my file cabinet - more still to do, but I'm making progress!

Monkey (30) + Pirate (28) = a forever family (5/10) - Baby Bird (8/12), our long-awaited first, one (9/13 @ 7w 6d), and a (10/6/14)

PCOS
#246 of 312 Old 05-14-2012, 11:52 PM

Good luck moving, Monkey! I never was a fan of such ;P

Mom to 3 , 1 , 10 hermit crabs, and a 156g stock tank pond with goldfish and lilypads!
#247 of 312 Old 05-17-2012, 09:52 AM

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Hey Guys!

I've joined the IVF grads, but wanted to join here, as I've gotten to know many of you throughout my time back in the IF boards!  I'm officially graduating today from the RE after our u/s showed one beautiful little bean with a perfect heartbeat.  I'm 6w3d.  Nervous and excited that the next 34 weeks will go smooth and uneventful!!

Me: 34, DH: 36, DD born 7/25/10 After 4 years of trying and failed IVF treatments (missing my angels).  IVF/ICSI worked this time! DS born 1/8/13!

www.3hearts2hold1love-emms.blogspot.com

#248 of 312 Old 05-17-2012, 02:24 PM - Thread Starter

Yay for one perfect bean, hope! What do you want your blurb to say on our roster? And are you due in December or January? Excited to see this list grow!!

AFM, moving is going pretty well so far. My kitchen is entirely moved and almost entirely unpacked, though I may shift some things around later. Hanging clothes are pretty much all moved except a handful of things. Bookshelf is now packed. Pictures are moved, though not rehung. It's getting a little barren around here! Still need to address the large pile of to-be-filed papers and a bunch of miscellany. And the bathroom. Which shouldn't be too bad. Big stuff getting moved Saturday! Oh, and we now own our own washer and dryer!!! They aren't much to look at, but they at least theoretically work, and they were only $200 for the set. Way cheaper than renting them. (We got lucky at our current place and got them free with our apartment.) Still haven't called the mw yet about my test. But the timer did just go off saying my first cup of red raspberry leaf tea is ready. I'm very dubious, as I am just NOT a tea person at all, but the mw really wanted me to try it, and I know a lot of ladies here swear by it. We'll see.

PCOS
#249 of 312 Old 05-18-2012, 03:09 AM

YAH HOPE!! I'm so excited for you! I know it must be nerve wracking (hey, I STILL get nervous) but the next 34 weeks WILL go smoothly for you! YAH!! When is your next visit?

Monkey, YAH to almost finishing with the move. i hate moving but it's so nice to start anew somewhere especially in preparation for your little one! Did you call about the glucose test? I hope they didn't make you do the 3 hour one! As for raspberry tea, I thought that that was supposed to help bring on contractions? So weird...I feel like everywhere we turn, there is conflicting information. sigh.

Wissa, hope the party for your DH went well! 

Kparker, how are you doing?

Chica, how is everything going with you?

Gozal, how is your 17th week treating you? Thank you for telling us about the NGC multiples in the womb. I actually ended up buying it from amazon and I loved watching it and imagining that my babies were playing around in there. 

Hi to anyone i missed!

AFM, nothing much to report. Waiting for my monday doctor's visit because i want to ask them what they foresee happening in the next 4 weeks, as i should probably be giving birth!! I can't believe the time has flown by so quickly. DH is so excited and we spend a lot of the nights just relaxing with his hand on my stomach feeling the babies move. We also took a breast feeding class which really annoyed me...I mean, all of the ladies there obviously wanted to breast feed and they were talking about how amazing, healthy, perfect breast feeding is. Great but now I see why my friends who were unable to produce milk or had trouble just breast feeding were so depressed!! I actually wrote in the evaluation that they should be a little more considerate of the fact that while many women probably want to breast feed, they can't and the class should offer some suggestions for those women, including emotional support. I'm of the frame of mind that I want to breast feed my babies but if anything prevents me from doing so, I'm not going crazy about it. After all, i was bottle fed and did just fine. I'm feeling more and more uncomfortable...my legs swell up to twice their normal size by the end of the day. I can't feel my finger tips (darn carpal tunnel syndrome) and i feel pretty huge. But overall, things are going well over here!! Happy Friday!! I'm so excited because i don't have much on the schedule for this weekend! (although DH has to work this weekend :o( sigh)

Attempted induction at 38 weeks; ended up with a c-section.

In love with my baby boy Colin and baby girl Sienna!

love.gif

#250 of 312 Old 05-18-2012, 07:11 AM

Hi Kparker - Some women gain and some lose in the 1st trimester.  The guidelines from my RE's office actually says they expect some weight loss in the first trimester.  I lost 1/2 a pound, but I've been steadily gaining weight now that I'm in the 2nd trimester.   So, it doesn't sound like you have anything to worry about weight wise.  :)

Monkey - Yeah for a good deal on a washer & dryer.  You will be so glad you have them when the baby gets here and you don't have to leave your apartment to wash stinky burp clothes and diapers.  :)   BTW the best burp clothes are the old fashioned cloth diapers...I couldn't have lived without those.

This pregnancy has been very similar to my first.  My first symptom was actually the same both times...extremely oily skin.  With DS there was a time period when I woke up at night throwing up acid and I haven't done that yet.  However, I can't remember when in my pregnancy I had that happen with DS.  Also, I started out this pregnancy about 10/15 lbs. less than when I got pregnant with DS.  So, my weight is somewhat different and I've been able to stay in regular clothes longer.

Renavoo - Can't believe you might have your babies in the next 4 weeks!!  Amazing.  It seems to me that with breastfeeding there are two extremes...Those who think that everyone can and should breastfeed because formula is the devil and those that just think breastfeeding is a wast of time or something.   Breastfeeding was somewhat of a nightmare for me because I truly didn't have enough.  I wish there was more information on how to supplement breast-milk with formula.   I know "they" say all women have enough milk, but my DS was never happy on just the bbs and I never got engorged.  I'm not encouraging you not to try to breastfeed, rather I'm agreeing that formula and bottle aren't the worst things.  DS is very healthy and has only ever been to the doctor once other than for well baby/child visits.  The time he went to the doctor he had an  ear infection that was not related to bottle feeding.  I had to have anti-biotic as well (it was a really nasty cold).

So all that said.  I'm planning on trying to breastfeed this one, but I don't think I'll be as stressed knowing that it didn't work with DS and he's healthy, smart and definitely bonded with his mama.  ;)

Hope - Whoohoo!!!  So excited for you.  I'll stalk you over the in IVF grads...  It's hard not to be nervous, but I think that goes with being a mom.  When are you planning on telling your DD?  I've been very amused by my DS's thoughts on babies.  Of course, a 4 year old has no sense of time and I really wish my DH hadn't told him so early.

---19 weeks tomorrow.  DS came at 38 weeks.  So, if this baby does the same I'm half-way there!---  He's been kicking it up more and I'm starting to be able to figure out his pattern and what gets him moving.

#251 of 312 Old 05-18-2012, 09:30 AM

monkey - for my blurb:

Me (32), DH (33), DD (2) and pup (8) happy to give DD a sibling after almost 2 years of NPNT and finally getting the courage to jump back on the IVF train for MFI.  After much failed IVF heartache when TTC#1, we were blessed with IVF working on the first try for our second!  Very excited to be expecting in early January 2013!

The move sounds like it's going nice and smooth, that's awesome!! 

rena - I'm in the boat of do what works best for you!  I did nurse my DD for 19 months, and only weaned her to get IVF started.  I honestly never thought I would go beyond a year, but once we got the hang of it (which was very tough) we loved it.  For me it wasn't the pressure from those around me, but from myself.  For some reason I always just *knew* I'd breastfeed.  The first few months were very hard.  I talked to lots of LC's, I used a nipple shield, and went through nipple cream like I owned the company.  I dealt with thrush, and clogged ducts.  In the long run it all didn't matter, it was SO worth it for me.  I don't buy the crap that everyone has enough milk though.  I did, I had lots, I actually donated to two mama's that COULDN'T make enough so that their babies could still have it (they wanted to, and I had it so I was happy to donate to them instead of having to throw it away when the freezer got full).  It was actually nice, because even though it's been just about 3 months since I weaned, she is still getting a sippy of my milk almost every night.  I'm down to maybe 5 or 6 bags finally, so she will stop getting my milk at just around 22 months.  I've had a couple friends that tired and were not able to nurse, I supported them in their efforts, and in their decision to quit.  It's such a personal decision, and if you ask me I think it's great that you're going to try, but if it doesn't work, it doesn't work!  So don't let anyone give you crap for ANY choice that you make!!  It's a great relationship when it works, but if it doesn't it's a bad one and that's no good for mama and therefore no good for baby. 

Kparker - I'm laughing a little because during my first trimester with my DD I gained almost 10 pounds.  Yeah.  Crazy.  But in total I only gained 28, so I think for me eating took care of the m/s (I wasn't actually getting sick), so I ate.  and ate.  Then it all slowed down in the second trimester, and picked up as expected in the third.  I actually talked to my ob about it at the time because I couldn't believe how much I was gaining in the first trimester, and she wasn't worried, and it ended up working out just fine.  So I wouldn't worry about it!!!

Wissa - I have no idea when we'll tell DD.  She's almost 22 months (ack, where has the time gone), and I really don't think she'll understand it just yet.  I'm not so sure she will by the time the new little one is born, not until the baby comes home!!  Yea for 19 weeks!  Wow, it's crazy to think that you are already at the halfway point!!!

Me: 34, DH: 36, DD born 7/25/10 After 4 years of trying and failed IVF treatments (missing my angels).  IVF/ICSI worked this time! DS born 1/8/13!

#252 of 312 Old 05-18-2012, 11:23 AM

You guys always make me feel nonguilty. I need it! You guys are the best! We ended up having a relaxing weekend at home. I took DS to the kiddo service on Sat. which we love doing together, then spent the entire, and I do mean entire, afternoon sleeping and eating. It was fabulous. Sunday we went and got some seedlings for our little patio garden and it was so nice being outdoors all morning in the sunshine. Then I actually had enough energy to do something fun for myself that I haven't done in sooo long - sewing. Yay!

kparker - Yay for low risk! Beautiful photos - I couldn't figure out how to vote until too late though, boo. :( I really like the idea of finding out and not telling, but wow, I don't think I have the stamina. And DH definitely doesn't, he can't keep a secret for anything. People have been asking us nonstop already (maybe because my twin belly looks like it's further along?). I don't know why it matters so much to people. It doesn't even matter that much to me! I'm going to write all about my experience with weight gain below - as everyone says I think you have nothing to worry about! Truly.

Monkey - That is the *perfect* way of putting it, the US is kid-centered without necessarily being kid-friendly IME. You hit the nail on the head! I really love the way your church is organized. That makes so much sense to me. In some respects we have a similar thing going in Judaism but even within the same movements there is a really wide variety of "feel" to congregations. Plus there is rarely that much choice in any given area, even where there is a large community, like where I live. And that is great that you already have some friends in your new congregation - that just makes things so much nicer! I'm glad to hear your move is going so well. And also that your grandma is going strong!

I know what you mean about the symbolism stuff. I had to really search for a book for DS about having a baby sibling that I liked. I found one out of print that is all pictures and actually shows both parents taking care of the baby, including a baby-wearing daddy and a breastfeeding mama. At the end both parents are in bed with the older child reading him a bedtime story, just like we do! I also like that the child and baby are not distinctly gendered. Sometimes DS likes to imagine that the older child is a girl and sometimes a boy "like me," and same with the baby.

I would say that this pg is both very similar and also quite different from my pg with DS. I know, I know, that doesn't make any sense! What I mean is, a lot of the sensations have been the same. My morning sickness cleared up at 15 weeks like clockwork both times. Both times I enjoy food sooo much more than usual, including some of the same food I normally am not crazy about, like ice cream and spicy food (spicy - I don't get it either!). And it seems like both times it's taking me a long time to feel kicks. The big difference is intensity. My m/s started basically immediately this time and was way worse. My hunger has been more extreme from the beginning, and even though I have more energy in the second tri, I definitely need to rest in a way I didn't with DS. I can almost feel my body working to build these babies! And my belly grew waaay sooner with the twins. I look two months ahead.

One other thing that seems similar is that with DS, even though he was a singleton, I gained most of my weight in the second tri. No one told me this could happen so I got a little concerned. But then I didn't gain as fast or as much in the third tri. I think this is actually a normal pattern for many women. And I think most women will have their own pattern and that is fine (psst, kparker!). I ended up gaining exactly to the kilo what my mom gained in her pg. I think there could be a genetic propensity too. And I lost it really easily. I seem to be doing the same thing this time. I am probably not eating as much as I should be right now and I still seem to be gaining well. So I would really not worry that gaining more now means you will be gaining steadily, or that *not* gaining now means you won't. I bet your bodies know just what they're doing!  

Oh, and I would be happy to take the summer thread!

Wissa - I am so jealous you are feeling your baby move already! I love that the baby is already in love with his/her big brother. That's just incredible. Ugh about the dentist - I have to go too. I haven't had a cavity in years so figures I'll probably have one now, right? I'm with you on diabetes. I've been reading some medical opinions that suggest GD is really underlying Type II and if you're not at risk for Type II...probably not for GD either. In this sense it's different from pre-e. Of course sometimes GD does resolve, but it's still considered a major risk factor for later Type II. Oh, and guess what? We are u/s buddies for the Big One! May 30!

Renavoo - No seriously, your babies cannot be...oh WOW, they totally are!!! So amazing that you will meet them so very soon. *I* can't wait. :) Yeah, if I taught breastfeeding class I would start by giving each woman the number of a great lactation consultant. Really, you need bf help when you actually have a baby in front of you that is hungry. Then I would hand out a good bf pillow. (Speaking of which, did you get the twin pillow? I am so getting that thing. Even though it's crazy $$$ for a pillow.) Then I would say that it is important to go into parenting thoughtfully and with ideals, but it is even more important to be flexible and open-minded about what is right for you and your baby (can I get an amen, wissa? :) I think one of the reasons I was able to do a lot of things that I did (extended bf, cloth diapers) was because I gave myself an out. Like, I'll give it an honest try and if it's making me crazy, I won't do it. 

I'll add that for me, and for most of my friends, the first few months of bf were *hard.* Way harder than we expected. It is all you, all the time. You are always nursing the baby (babies!), and they want to nurse all the time, which means that you are on night duty...always. Here's the good part though. After the first bit, bf becomes the best thing ever, because it is so, so easy. You can be lazy, you can lie down whenever you want as long as you're bf, you can just get up and go anywhere without prepping a whole lot. I tend to forget how hard the beginning was because the rest was so awesome. But I think women are not prepared enough for the reality of bf an infant and we should be told it is super hard, as well as totally worth it. Other things: in the beginning your nips will be sore. Those little toothless baby gums are like little razor blades when they make a suction. So stock up on nipple cream! On the other hand, bf should not be really painful. I just thought it was par for the course and maybe bad lacth. You probably heard a lot about latch, and yes it's important, but it's not rocket science. Even a terrible latch shouldn't get you really roughed up. I would suggest getting your babes checked for tongue-tie by the hospital lactation consultant. It's fairly common (4% of babies, I think) and makes bf horrific, but once corrected it's a nonissue. (Ask me how I know...) Basically if you are in lots of pain, ask your lc about it! I think thush does that too, but I never experienced that myself.

Chica - I hope *you* had a great mother's day! We actually don't celebrate it. Are we the only ones? Or as I like to say, every day is mother's day. ;) How is the move prep going? Are you getting so excited or what?

Hope - tears in my eyes reading your news - after such a hard road with IVF for #1, I was hoping so very much for you that you would have happy news right away this time!!! Another bean for your beautiful family. So, so excited you are here!

AFM, to round out my novel, I'll just say...I am trying not to worry that I cannot feel the babies move yet. Well, I do feel their fluttery movements, but not regularly nothing really definitive. No little kicks yet. But my belly keeps growing impressively so I hope everything is okay in there. I think the worries are keeping me from just letting go and enjoying this pg and I am trying to change that. I feel like I have a few major loose ends to tie up (my academic work, a few minor renovation stuff around the house) and then I am just going to revel in it. So looking forward to summer!

Me + DH + DS ('07) + after a long and bumpy road, thrilled that our twin boys are finally here (DS2 & DS3, '12)

#253 of 312 Old 05-21-2012, 03:37 AM

Hi Ladies! I hope you all had a great weekend! It was a beautiful weekend here in NYC...Of course, now we're facing a few days of rain but I'll use my memory of the sunny warm weekend days to drive away the gloom. :o)

Wissa, 19 weeks! YAH!! I'm so excited for you! Have you scheduled your anatomy scan? I loved having the anatomy scan because they spent so much time on each little one and we got some great images. haha forget the medical rationale! I only care about seeing the little ones :oD I think it's so cute that the little baby reacts that way to your DS. I bet DS will be a great brother!

Gozal, i think i felt one massive kick around week 17 and then nothing for another couple of weeks...and i have friends who say that they didn't feel anything until way after 20 weeks! So I'm sure everything is fine, especially since you feel the fluttering! I know, however, that getting to feel the babies move is the best part of pregnancy (at least that's what I think) so I hope you feel them kicking soon!! it seems to make all the pain and discomfort worth it! I actually did buy that brest friend pillow for twins so I'll see how that works out. In the breast feeding class i went to, i learned that the football hold was supposed to be the best way to hold them since we will have twins but i didn't feel that comfortable- must build up my muscle tone since i've not been lifting any weights since pregnancy! Anyway, I think that the pillow will help a lot! But we'll see. i actually put it on my registry thinking no one would buy it for me and lo and behold...one of our friends bought it for me because he wanted to make a joke about it. haha.

Oh, I did want to ask you and Wissa about nipple cream. Do you guys mean lanolin? of course, as they were talking about creams during the class, i ended up needing to go to the bathroom! So, i can put lanolin on my nipples and not wash it off? It's not harmful to the babies? I've been doing research and it doesn't seem to be put I just can't imagine that the wool grease could be good for them! But I guess it's the tried and true way to help protect the nipples. 

Monkey, how is the move going? i hope that everything is still going smoothly! how is your grandmother? 

K, Chica, Hope, HI! Hope everything is going well! Just check in when you can and let us know how things are going!

AFM, doctor's visit this morning at 9 so I'm excited, although I don't think we'll get the see the little ones. But i just want to be sure that the pregnancy is going well (although considering i'm growing by the day, i think it should be progressing normally). I'm getting people proactively asking if I'm having twins now so I guess i've gotten quite large! i also want to know what's going to happen in the next few weeks. I know week 38 is the optimal time for twins to be born but if they don't come naturally, I just want to know when and if we're going to induce! otherwise, things are going well...DH and I got to spend a good amount of time together this weekend (he had to work Sat night, poor boy) but otherwise, we put the second crib together and started to decorate the nursery with little wall decals of cute animals. I love it! I get more and more excited with each passing day/week.

Anyway, off to prepare for the day. Big hugs, everyone!

love.gif

#254 of 312 Old 05-22-2012, 08:20 AM

gozal - yeah for a relaxing weekend!!  Oh, what is the book that you found?  I have been trying to figure out how to help show our DD as I get further along, this is a great idea.  I didn't feel my DD moving until around 20 or 21 weeks.  I kept getting nervous that it was taking so long too, but man, once she started she never stopped!!  Ohhh yes, a number for a great LC.  Great idea.  I'll agree with you, the first few months were very very hard.  Thanks for the sweet words!  I really believe that my attitude had something to do with it.  I really truly relaxed and let everything run it's course.  Plus the protocol was so different this time around and I think much better suited to us.  I am so excited to be here!!!

rena - Nipple Cream - yes lanolin, and no you don't have to wipe it off, it is safe for baby.  I used the Medela stuff and it saved my life, no way would I have been able to nurse for as long as I did without it.  There are also these cool gel pads that you can put in the fridge, but to be honest they didnt' do anything for me so I didn't use them.  Did I mention a nipple shield before?  I don't remember, but it helps you to get through the worst times a little less painfully, and is easier for the babies to latch on.  But then you do have to wean them off, but I would give it a try if you get really bad - especially cracked and bleeding.   

#255 of 312 Old 05-22-2012, 09:51 AM

Monkey, that makes sense about the progesterone. I wonder if that's the same thing that makes my boobs hurt. I'm definitely not complaining, because that's the one symptom that keeps me calm (not having m/s). My midwife said that the sore boobs are the best sign that everything is fine. How's the new place? Are you getting settled in now? How are you liking the red raspberry leaf tea? It's not my favorite, but with a little bit of honey it's not bad at all. Also, what ended up happening with your test? Did you have to do the 3 hour? Oh, also -- I am totally with you on the peeling sunburns thing. I feel like it's a bad habit, but hey, it's kinda fun, lol. Re: Wales/church planting, my husband was a Children's Minister for three years, and two years ago (this month) really felt a call to plant a church in an area that needed one. Through a random contact/friend on Twitter, we began getting to know a family in Wales and found out about the huge need there, as well as the lack of people willing to go there. God's just kept opening door after door and it's been pretty crazy, but exciting. We're going because we feel like that's the place God wants to use us, but we also love the area and the people, so we're pretty stoked all around. The thing that's a little "scary" is that we're not going through a missions agency or anything -- we're being sent from our local church to a church over there where we'll train a bit before we plant. It's not really the norm, but we think it makes the most sense for us. It's still hard to explain to some people who are more on the traditional end of things, though. Romania sounds amazing! We're excited to do a bit of traveling while we're in Europe, and that's definitely on my list to visit.

Wissa, guess this means you are over halfway there by now! Hooray! How have you been feeling?

Hope, yay! joy.gif So glad you're here on this board. :) I know the beginning of your pregnancy was a bit stressful, so here's hoping for smooth sailing from here on out. My brother and I are 2 1/2 years apart and it worked really well for us -- just far enough apart that we weren't fighting over the same toys/friends, but close enough that we played well together as we got older. We're still really close.

Gozal (and Monkey), yes, totally with you on kid-centered but not kid-friendly. What a weird combination, but that's definitely how it feels. I agree, I definitely wasn't on the same page with a lot of the Bringing up Bebe author's views, but it was certainly interesting. The Eskimo book sounds great -- I'm adding that and the Battle Hymn of the Tiger Mother to my list as well. I figure I'll just read as many different cultures as I can, and take from each what makes the most sense for our family. I've been reading Happiest Baby on the Block right now and am really enjoying it, although I wonder if maybe I'm reading it too soon. Hopefully I won't forget everything before the baby is even here! But I figure I might as well do it now, while I have the time. I did have a nice Mother's Day (mainly because we got to share our big news with family). I grew up celebrating it in small ways, and this was the first year where it felt like I was really part of the celebration (well, even though it was mostly just between DH and I, since our pregnancy isn't public yet). I definitely agree that every day should be mother's day! :) Move prep is going well so far, although a little stressful at times (more below).

kparker, loved your photos (and "liked" them on the forum)! You're really talented. :) Are you planning on doing any fun photos of yourself during your pregnancy? I want to start taking photos every week once I get a nice visible bump, so I'll probably set up the camera and have my husband take the actual shots. Also, I'm with you on the weight thing. Granted, I'm only in my tenth week, but I haven't thrown up once and have only gained 2 lbs.

Renavoo, that's too bad your breastfeeding class was so one-sided. I am definitely a fan of breastfeeding and want to do everything I can to do it (and for as long as possible), but I also know that sometimes women with PCOS have difficulty producing enough milk. I think that classes should allow for being open with things not always working out the same for everyone. There are ways to extol the benefits of something without throwing a bunch of guilt on those who can't take advantage of them. I can't believe you're so close to giving birth! It's crazy to think that you're one of the first ladies I remember seeing on the Infertility ONE thread who got pregnant. Keep us updated!

AFM, things are going pretty well today. Yesterday was rough, work-wise. I'm just so over it -- we've had some staffing changes and the atmosphere has shifted a lot over the past few months, so that combined with the fact that I know I'm leaving in 4 months (and not coming back) and I'm pregnant...equals out to a huge lack of motivation. I have to remind myself that I should be working hard because that's a part of who I am and what I believe, not because I specifically care about my office or its environment (although I probably should more, lol). It's just been a bit stressful. I really wish I could just stop working now and focus on prepping for the move (even though it is four months away) and reading, but that's definitely not an option. 

Feeling pretty good, and I may have figured out my no-morning-sickness thing. The prenatal I've been taking is a 4-a-day and it has tons of Vitamin B, Ginger, and a bunch of other organic food extracts along with all of the normal stuff. I ran out yesterday and while I'm waiting for a new bottle to come in from Amazon, I grabbed a cheap once-a-day from the grocery store. I'm already feeling a tad more queasy than I have been, and it makes me curious if the prenatal I was using was helping keep what little m/s I would have had at bay. I guess I'll know better in a week or so, since I have to wait nine more days before my refill gets here. And of course, who knows, maybe it's just setting in late for me.

MW appointment is today! Still praying that we'll hear the heartbeat with her doppler, but trying to prepare myself not to worry if we don't. I know it's early, even if she says it's possible now at my size. We're also going to go over my blood work results from last week, so that should be interesting. 

Prepping for the move is stressing me a bit, mainly just in that there are so many things I *can't* think about until we get over there (all the "big" baby purchases, setting up a nursery, getting my NHS care in order, etc). We still have to get our visa applications submitted, and we're waiting on our sponsor to get their application approved before we do that. Just lots of details, and I know they will work out in the end, but it's definitely been a bit of a test for me to let go and not try to control everything (I'm a big Type A when it comes to planning). 

Finally, I'm super excited that I finally came up with a fun idea for a video to make to share with everyone when we "go public" in a few weeks! It should be simple but really fun, and I'll have to share it with you all when it's done. Whew! Sorry for such a long post, guess I needed to vent. :) Hope you are all doing well!

Finally got our BFP  4-16-12! Welcomed our son into the world naturally on 12-12-12. 6lbs 8 oz, 21.5in at 38+1 weeks.
#256 of 312 Old 05-22-2012, 12:48 PM - Thread Starter

Just popping by to reassure you all that I have not died. Moving went pretty well. Unpacking is certainly going more slowly, but we've got some good stuff going on. I definitely like the space in our new place, especially in the kitchen and living room! The garage is nice, too, though I'm having to learn how to pull in and back out carefully, since it's a very narrow 1-car garage. Also, I called my mw yesterday and talked to the office lady, and she said my GTT is actually the 2-hour version, which I'm more okay with. She also said that they will use a glucometer to get a rough reading at 1 hour, and if the number is really good, they may let me go then. Conversely, I think if it's looking pretty bad, they may keep me for 3 hours. That sounds reasonable to me. Fingers crossed for a really awesome 1-hour reading! (They do send the blood to the lab for a more precise reading, too.) Can't believe I've made it to the third trimester!!

Okay, I will have to come back and do personals later, because our current computer location is NOT comfortable for typing! And our phone internet is ridiculously slow, but we should be getting DSL next week. YAY for a real internet connection again!

PCOS
#257 of 312 Old 05-23-2012, 06:29 AM

Quick MW appt update -- we heard the heartbeat last night! It was so surreal and I couldn't stop laughing. :) Feeling so relieved and overjoyed. Also found out that my blood type is O negative, so I have to get the RhoGAM shot around 28 weeks. Not a huge deal, but I had no idea what my blood type was, so that was interesting. Oh, and I gained three pounds, which is super great (I'm pretty small). Feeling so good today, hooray!

#258 of 312 Old 05-23-2012, 12:14 PM

Hi everyone!

renavoo I cannot believe how close you are!!!

chica, so glad to see you here and yaaaaay for the heartbeat! I'm O negative too. I've had the RhoGAM shot twice and I'll get it again at 28 weeks. It's one of the more hurt-y shots, that's for sure.

Hi gozal, monkey, hope, wissa, everyone!

27. Married since December 2006. Trying to conceive #1 since November 2010. 1 loss in April 2011 (5 weeks). 

BFP on February 25th. Tentative due date: November 4th, 2012.

***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36***wool.gif40**

It's a girl! love.gif

#259 of 312 Old 05-24-2012, 09:50 AM

Chica - Yeah for hearing the Heartbeat!  Boo to having get the RhoGAM shot, but then it's good to have the advantages of modern medicine.  Sounds like you have enough paper work to keep you busy for long time.   So when exactly are you planning on telling the whole world?   I've been far more private with this pregnancy than my last one and DH won't admit, but he is too.  He hasn't even told the people he works with.

Interesting about the vitamins.  You'll have to keep us updated on your MS or lack of.

Renavoo - I was stalking you on the IVF side.  I'm so sorry you feel like your doctors are not telling you the whole truth!  So many things I could say about that.  I hope you are able to talk to them and get some straight answers.  You might want to explain to them that your type A personality requires details otherwise you will really worry and probably imagine that whatever it is far worse than reality.  --Of course, I wonder if the extra tests are just kind of routine for them with a twin pregnancy. 

In any case, it's good to hear the babies are growing!  Hang in there!  They'll be here soon.

Gozal - You have inspired me.  This weekend we are just staying home and spending time together.  It seems like we have had something to do every weekend for the past month.  So, we've turned down all of our memorial day invites. 

It's funny that you mention being irritated by everyone asking about whether it's a boy or girl.  That's been bothering me too!  I guess people really don't know what else to talk about.  I think it's annoying me because I'm like who cares what it is!  I'm pregnant!!  (Beggars can't be choosers!!)  I just want it to be healthy.

RE breastfeeding:   I was in the store looking at baby stuff the other day and DS walked up to me a handed me a box and said we needed it for the baby.  It was a breast pump.  lol.  I told him he didn't even know what it was and he responded with "it's to get milk."  Seriously, he called it the milk maker.  So from now on that's what I'm calling breast pumps - milkmakers.  I really have no idea how he knew what it was...

Speaking of DS...He is all about what he is going to do with the baby.  Things he can give the baby, show the baby, teach the baby.  He's started patting and talking to my tummy.  All of it is so cute, but now I'm even more worried about something happening to the baby.  It just seems it would awful hard to lose the baby and have to explain it to DS.  Now it wouldn't just be my loss, it would be his too.

Hi Monkey, Gem, & Hope!!!

#260 of 312 Old 05-24-2012, 08:17 PM - Thread Starter

Just another quick flyby to say I passed my GTT after one hour - yay! All is looking good. We got our big computer back, and are getting really internet on Tuesday, so I will be back with more then. (Unless I get bored tomorrow with no car.)

PCOS
#261 of 312 Old 05-25-2012, 02:58 AM

Hope, i must go buy all these things! Thanks for the tips. redface.gif) how are you feeling?

Chica, i sometimes wondered if the reason i only had bad nausea and not vomiting is because i was taking b vitamins. I started taking them because i read somewhere they could help with infertility and just didnt stop once i got pregnant. I stopped after the 12th week because i think my dose was a bit high but i just know that i had amazingly mild ms considering i am carrying twins! I hope that your ms stay mild! Yah to hearing the heartbeat!
joy.gif

Monkey, yah to only having to do a 1 hour GT test and passing! And congrats on the smooth move!

Gem, how are you feeling?

Wissa, your DS is adorable! How cute! Go milk maker! He is going o be a great big brother. Don't think of any possible losses! Not going to happen! I cant wait to follow you ladies through delivery so that means your DS is definitely going to be a big brother. redface.gif)

Gozal, hi!

Ok typing on the ipad is aggravating my carpal tunnel. Will catch up more later!

love.gif

#262 of 312 Old 05-25-2012, 11:29 AM

chica - Oh that sounds great for the no m/s, just a simple vitamin.  Who knew!?  I imagine the move in the middle must be stressful sometimes.  Big hugs, you're a strong woman!!  Ohhh, hearing the heartbeat is so perfect.  I had to take the RhoGam shot too, ended up getting it early due to spotting issues, so I had to get it an extra time, and yes, it is a little more hurt-y but worth it, just in case!

monkey - Yeah for a smooth move LOL.  So glad you passed the GTT.  Hello Third Trimester!!!

wissa - I'm laughing at your DS bringing you the 'milkmaker' that is so freaking funny!  What a smart little guy!  I've worried about that too, the 'what if' that comes with the territory.  Just keep reminding yourself that it'll be OK.

rena - I would also say find the best hold that works for you, because that makes a huge difference as well!  Football never worked for me.

AFM - I'm feeling pretty good.  Exhausted.  Starting to get random bouts of m/s, mostly when it's been a little while since I've eaten.  And the heartburn.  oh how I love the heartburn LOL.  I want to eat, all day long.  Some crazy moodswings, which are tough because DD is sick and/or teething and DH hasn't been home in the evenings/weekends.  Plus work is KILLING me right now, it's just SO busy, and I am heading up some HUGE projects that have me in everyone's sight.  Not a bad thing, just crazy busy.  The pregnancy still is feeling a little surreal, but as I'm getting more symptoms it's feeling more real which is good.  I'm 7w4d, yeah!!  My first appt with the OB is June 11.  Ah, can't wait to hear the hb again.  OK, off to another meeting, hope you ladies all have a great day and long weekend!!!

#263 of 312 Old 05-30-2012, 01:13 PM

Gozal - How was your appointment today?

Hope - I have terrible moods in the 1st trimester as well.  I think it's something with all the hormones because I had days when I was really short with DS.  I would feel terrible afterwards, but for a while there things were ruff...it seemed like he could just easily push any of my buttons.  So far, I've been much more mellow in the 2nd trimester!!   Hang in there.    

Work sounds crazy, but maybe it will help keep for obsessing about the pregnancy too much.  It's taken some time for this pregnancy to feel real to me, but with every ob visit, ultra-sound and kick it's becoming more and more of a reality to me.  

Rena - I need to stalk the graduates thread and see how you doctor's appointment went.  I hope you get to start working for home.  I can't believe how much of a trooper you have been up until now.  I must be a whimp because I feel like if I were in your shoes I would have begged to work from home sooner.  I so excited you are so close to getting to hold your babies.  

Also, thanks for reminding me that I need to stay positive!!  Yes, bad things happen. Dwelling on the things that could go wrong won't keep it from happening.  :)

Monkey - Yeah for passing the glucose test.  Once less thing to worry about and one more step closer to baby.  I really can't believe how far along you are!  Just how excited are you these days?

Me - I had great 20 week appointment today.  The baby looks great and it is measuring just a little ahead of dates (which it has done since the begining).  I've put on like 8 more pounds, but the doctor didn't seem concerned.  It seems once I gave myself permission to eat I just can't stop.  And the big news is that IT'S A GIRL.  The first girl for both Dh's and my family.  Dh seems very excited that it's a little girl, which is really sweet.  This baby hasn't been near as active as DS was, which lead my mom and mil to both say they thought it was girl long before the ultra-sound.  (I guess I'll have to stop referring to the baby using male pronouns)

Hi chica, kparker & gemmine!

#264 of 312 Old 05-30-2012, 02:54 PM

wissa - Yay, a girl!!! How exciting! It's so much fun to have the first girl or boy in the family after a long line of the other gender. Even though we're kind of leaning towards boy, DH's entire side of the family is boys, boys, boys, so I know his mom and grandma would be overjoyed if we had a girl. I can't believe you're at 20 weeks! So glad to hear the babe is measuring well (and hey, better to measure ahead than behind, right?). Have you picked out any names yet? Also, lol, "Beggars can't be choosers"! I hear that. :)

hope - Your appointment is getting closer!! I hear you with the heartburn--not fun stuff. Hopefully you aren't getting hit too badly with the m/s.Maybe you should try my vitamins. ;) UGH that work is so busy, I'm with you on that too. The only good thing is that the busier you are, the faster the time goes by! That can definitely be a good thing.

renavoo - isn't it crazy how different people are affected differently by vitamins? I only threw up that one time, and I"m back on my vitamins again! So far, so good. I've gotten hit with queasy moments a few times, but I'm hoping that when I hit 11 weeks next Tuesday I'll be close to home free.

monkey - woohooooo! So glad you passed your GT test and didn't have to do the crazy one. I bet that was such a relief. Are you all nice and settled in to the new place now? Do you have nursery decorating plans?

AFM, yesterday was my birthday and it seriously rocked. DH was super sweet--he showed up at my work (which is an hour away from where we live) with flowers at the end of the day and then took me shopping. He told me he wanted me to get "comfy" clothes, and helped me pick out a lovely robe, yoga pants, an awesome candle -- and I got a new bra from VS. For the first time ever, I actually tried bras on at VS and they fit! So crazy. Then after dinner we went home and watched Mad Men and he gave me a foot rub. :) It was wonderful.

However, as wonderful as yesterday was, today sucked at work. I got chewed out for something totally random and am even more over my job. If for some reason something falls through and we don't end up moving in September, I am definitely finding something else (or quitting and going freelance). I'm just not happy here any more, not at all. Our managers don't know how to manage, and the atmosphere has changed completely from when I first was hired (and not in a good way).

Upside, no more m/s (just that one time); we got our "announcement" video filmed (yay) and almost completely edited, and we get to tell everyone in just a week and a half!

#265 of 312 Old 06-01-2012, 03:30 AM

Hope, UGH to a supremely busy time just when the symptoms are hitting! I hope that work gets better or that your symptoms stay mild! I find that eating helps reduce the nausea so keep eating away!

Wissa, yah to a girl! Your dh is going to be wrapped around her little finger! I find it so funny how the fathers typically really are so in tight with the little girls. One of my coworkers has a little girl who is about 1.5 years old. Complete adoration doesn't even come close to describing how he feels about her. it's adorable. And then, she feels the same because he mentions that he can't go anyway, even the bathroom, without her asking for him or waiting outside the door for him. I love hearing stories like that. i think my dh is going to be the same way. By the way, eat away! 8 pounds doesn't seem like a lot to me ;o) And YAH for a great 20 week visit! It's just so exciting that you are now at the half way point. This is around the time I felt like time started to fly! Soon, you'll be holding you beautiful baby girl in your arms, surrounded by your DH, DS and the rest of the family! 

Chica, happy belated birthday!!! I'm so happy you had a great one and that DH was such a sweetheart...especially since your day after sucked at work. Something to consider is that the added stress and frustration is not good for the baby so if you can go freelance  even earlier than Sept that may be better! I feel like we all spend so much time at work that to hate it there, it may be better to just find other opportunities. Until then, I hope people are nicer and stop blaming you for random stuff (That probably was their fault!). Oooh can't wait to hear about the announcement video and what the response was. I bet everyone is going to ecstatic!

Hi everyone else! Check in please :o) 

afm, SO i found out that they want to do weekly biophysical profiles because of my advanced maternal age and the fact that I'm carrying twins. So ok, that makes me feel better. I had that done on Tuesday and the babies got 8/8. They made the tech work for it though because it was scheduled for a time when they typically aren't awake. So they were sleeping and movement is one of the categories of measurement. Oh well :o) But anyway, they did well so I'm all happy. Next one is next Tuesday. I'm also going to start working from home starting next week so I'm excited about that. This week has been insanely busy again (although thank goodness it was a short week). But last evening, my legs were so swollen that they were basically unrecognizable. The swelling still hasn't gone down completely so I'm a bit sore and itchy. I'm self treating with aquaphor to keep the area well hydrated ;o) I'm a little annoyed because I had to ask the nurse to schedule me for a beta strep test. Ummm isn't that something THEY should be keeping tabs on? This is the big problem with going to a multi physician practice. oh well. Anyway, otherwise, things are going well. I'm hoping to get a lot more stuff done this weekend and next week in preparation for the babies. DH is guessing they will make their appearance on 6/11 and i'm guessing 6/9. Absolutely no reason for thinking either of these dates but we're having fun guessing. ;o)

BIG HUGS, LADIES! TGIF!

love.gif

#266 of 312 Old 06-01-2012, 09:40 AM

Renavoo, I am getting so excited for you, it's a little out of control. :) Also, I am really, really glad you are finally working from home because wow, you have been such a trooper and you deserve it. Hopefully the leg swelling is down and you get to have a truly relaxing weekend. It really is kind of icky now that I think about it, but yep, the lanolin nipple cream is totally fine for the babies. DS never cared in the least, as long as he had his milky. The cream will leave grease stains on your clothes though, so make sure to wear breast pads when you use it (which you probably will be anyway) - oh and definitely get some comfy, cotton sleep bras for the early period! No one told me that! I never thought it would be *comfortable* to sleep in a bra but it really is, while you are establishing BF.

Hope, Whoa that is a crazy workload - I am so impressed with you working ladies, seriously. I think I would have had to take a leave of absence or something during my first tri had I been working, I was totally nonfunctional. I am behind on my writing because of it, but I am really beholden to myself for that so it is not such a big deal. The book I got is by Annie Kubler and it's called My New Baby. It's out of print but I easily got a used copy in good condition from Amazon (it's a board book). If you get it, tell me how you like it!

Chica, Heartbeat!!! I know it can cause worry (what doesn't, right?) but truly, consider it awesome that you have escaped morning sickness!! I think at this point you can be pretty confident that you won't have to deal with it. I have heard people credit B6 with keeping them from m/s but unfortunately it didn't work for me. I am so glad it worked well for you and Renavoo though! Your work situation sounds all sorts of not-wonderful. I say, go for freelance! But I am a bad person to ask because I'd rather be crazy frugal than work at a job I don't like... ;) I can completely understand the stress of having so many things up in the air - really I think that's normal, not a "Type A" thing! Moving is a big stressor, let alone to a different country, let alone when expecting your first child. I would definitely figure out the step-by-step details on getting healthcare established just for peace of mind. But one thing I wouldn't worry about is getting baby stuff. It really is sort o'f shocking how much you *don't* need. Maybe check out the options for online and local shopping so you know where to go. As long as it's accessible, you can get the basics beforehand and everything else over the first weeks/months. 

Gemmine, hi! Fill us in, I miss you!

Wissa, Milkmakers melted my heart. So sweet. I wish we could get our boys together, it would be like a cute explosion to hear them conversing! Even though we don't care ;) I must say HOW EXCITING that you are having a little girl!! And most importantly for great, healthy news from the anatomy scan! I didn't even realize how much I was "holding my breath" for this scan, until after I had it (but more on that below). I am just so happy for you and your family. 

Monkey, glad the big move went well! I still cannot believe how cheerful you are about moving/nomadism. ;) I have moved a LOT throughout my life and did the "move every year" thing almost every year since college, before we bought our current townhouse. I will say somedays I am itching to move - this is one of the longest stretches I've lived anywhere! - but mostly I am over it! And - woohoo on passing the GTT!

AFM, despite my best efforts it has continued to be busy, busy around here, so sorry about the delay in updating! (Really, I am allergic to busy-ness - or maybe I just don't handle it well and what I consider budy everyone else considers normal?!) We did have our "big" ultrasound on Wed. and I was so boring, the doctor barely gave me the time of day! The babies are growing wonderfully, the anatomy exams for both looked great, my cervix is happily long (the OB seemed impressed with it, it was kind of funny), their HBs were prefect, my BP is low as usual. And we learned we are having...twin boys!! In some ways I was surprised because all the twins in my family have been a boy and a girl, but in other ways I wasn't, because I had started having an intuition that they were boys. So I am going to the mom of three boys! For some reason I never imagined that and I did have to let myself think through the possibility that I might never have a daughter, but I am getting super excited about it. DS has been asking for a sister, and he did seem disappointed, but not very much. These days I am thinking we are going to end up going for #4 (NOT to try for a girl, but because we want to bring another child into our family!) so who knows, maybe he just might. I still am not feeling kicks, though I do feel occasional movements. I guess I was just excited to get to the kicking part and assumed because it was my second time and there are two, I would be getting thumped already. Hoepfully soon. For me the biggest part of this ultrasound was that I finally am able to feel...well, pregnant. I'm sure that sounds ridiculous, considering I was so sick the first tri and my belly is so big and I have been of course talking about it and thinking of little else. But I did not let myself fully believe it, until now. I lay awake half the night after just processing it. We are having babies! Two babies! For real. Our little family is changing, growing. 

What do you guys think, should I wait until the summer solstice to start the new thread, or just go ahead and start it now since it's June and all summery?

Me + DH + DS ('07) + after a long and bumpy road, thrilled that our twin boys are finally here (DS2 & DS3, '12)

#267 of 312 Old 06-02-2012, 07:51 PM - Thread Starter

I swear I am not ignoring you ladies! I keep meaning to come back and do personals, and it keeps not happening. I will really try to see if I can tomorrow. But I'm glad that everyone seems to be doing well in general, and hope that trend keeps up!

AFM, well, I've had a tough week for a lot of reasons. Maybe more about that later. Today was somewhat better (after I spent several hours crying off and on, anyway!). Baby is right as rain, so far as I can tell, so that is good. I forgot to mention that I found out I tested as anemic at the same time as my GTT, so I started on Floradix a day or two ago. But anyway, I'm making it. And we're getting more settled in. So I will be back with more later. I am reading and thinking of you all!

PCOS
#268 of 312 Old 06-04-2012, 05:05 AM

Monkey, hug2.gifI hope things are going better and that the days are better without you crying on and off!! If you need to vent, we're here for you! Are you basically all settled in?

Gozal, YAH to twin boys! That's really exciting! haha you're going to have 3 sons and 1 DH to protect you. My gosh, no one will ever be able to get through to you because they will have to go through your sons! I love it. As for the kicks, it'll happen sooner than later, I'm sure, and at the most inopportune times. haha. But seriously, CONGRATS! This is so exciting! (and YAH for a boring exam...I love those types of exams ;o) When is your next exam?)

Quick AFM, today is my first day for working at home and I'm completely excited. I'll be laying on the couch working. haha. But seriously, it should be good although I'm worried I'm going to get bored and I already feel like I'm going to miss my walks. I need to plan little times outside the apartment because i'm a hermit and will probably spend the next couple of weeks in the apartment if I didn't plan to leave regularly! otherwise, the little ones continue to amuse me with their kicks and punches and I have been trying to get them on video but they always seem to know when I'm trying to film them. Argh! They are always so rowdy until right before i pick up my phone to film them! I've been feeling some really light cramps. Not sure if these are contractions, as I haven't been through this before but I don't think it's so serious that i need to see the doctors (until my visit tomorrow). I've also had major GI upset that has necessitated me going to the bathroom a lot with soft stools (sorry, TMI). I'm wondering if all this means that the body is planning the little ones' exits. I have a list of questions for my doctors tomorrow. I hope i can get some answers!!

hope everyone had a wonderful weekend! 

love.gif

#269 of 312 Old 06-04-2012, 08:16 AM

Wissa - I def won't miss them in the 2nd trimester LOL.  They actually seem to be getting a little bit better, and I'm trying really hard to recognize when I'm just being hormonal and keeping it under wraps.  Work is crazy, but I think you're right and that it's helping not to stress about work.  YEAH for a girl!!!!  That is SO exciting, my DH is just wrapped around our DD's pinky finger, it's SO adorable and endearing!!  Yeah for a great scan otherwise!!

chica - The m/s is really just creeping in a bit in the mornings, and if I wait to long to eat.  Then once I eat I'm typically OK.  It's really the heartburn that's kicking my butt.  Ohhhh man, it's there all the time!!!  Happy Belated Birthday!!!  It sounds like it was awesome!  That's so exciting!  Boo for a crappy work day though.  I can't wait to see the video, are you going to share with us?

rena - Yeah, there have been a few moments where I was worried about being surrounded by people when a symptom hits.  Fun times.  Makes sense on the biophysicals.  I'm glad they at least told you why, they should have in thef irst place.  Glad things are looking good though!  Can't wait to hear if one of you is right!  I had a friend that guessed the sex (we didn't find out) of our DD and the weight (down to the ounces) right, she was just off by 3 days.  Crazy!!  Let us know what they say about the cramps, maybe you are getting ready to welcome those precious little miracles!!  Here's to taking it easy!!

gozal - I'm going to find it and get it.  I'm pretty excited about it!  Thanks for letting me know!!  Sounds like all is going good, that's so great.  And YEAH for twin boys!!! 

monkey - I hope everything is OK, but glad to hear the babe is fine!!!  hug2.gif  I had to take iron pills during my first pregnancy, just make sure you eat LOTS of fiber or you're going to be miserably constipated!!

#270 of 312 Old 06-04-2012, 10:59 AM

Oh boy I herped and derped and went AWOL for a couple weeks there! Sorry ;P

I've lost a couple pounds since the start of this, my inlaws say I look amazing (like I've lost a lot more) and all the fat is in the belly. Sure, I'll take it! Besides a round of motion sickness making it hard for me to drive/ride in vehicles everything is still great on this end.

Yes as photographers both, my husband and I plan to do photos but no set time yet. I'm just now really showing vs being chubby so the time will come.  Finding out the sex in less than 4 weeks. Nursery painted, dislocated a joint in my pelvis/spine connection, and can't bend over right anymore but things are moving along. The kid did its first alienbaby maneuver today, sticking out on one side and feeling super weird. I patted it and it went away LOL

Only bad thing lately is my amazing little '98 Saturn station wagon finally took its last breath Friday :( I've only had it for 5-6 years but it's been the best car ever. We're looking at Toyota as a replacement, or maaaaybe Honda. Any thoughts?

How is everyone doing? I read everything but as always I suck at itemizing so <3 to everyone

Tags
Pregnancy

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page