Mothering Forum banner

Itchy belly = insane mom

Tags
pregnancy
2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Naftalita2012 
#1 ·
I am only about 10 1/2 weeks along, and my lower belly is itching like crazy! It's driving me nuts!!! It seems too early to be due to my belly needing to stretch, right?

A couple of complicating factors- I have lost 18 pounds due to nausea and vomiting, so I can't really tell if my belly is growing. If it is, there's still plenty of fat rolls there!

Also, I have to give myself injections of Lovenox (blood thinner) twice a day in my belly, so I guess the itchiness could be due to that. It's also because of these injections that I am hesitating to spread a bunch of goop on my belly- I don't want to push anything INSIDE with the needle when I'm doing the injections.

Anyone also have this insane itching this early along? What did you do?

#3 ·
I am 19 weeks and have been itching all over since about 12 weeks. In fact, the itching is so bad I have marks on my back, stomach, legs, and arms. I thought I had developed an allergy but my midwife seemed to think it was normal! The only thing that seems to provide some relief is Burt's Bee's body oil. Hopefully this doesn't last much longer! :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.