Itchy belly = insane mom - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 01-05-2012, 05:51 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I am only about 10 1/2 weeks along, and my lower belly is itching like crazy!  It's driving me nuts!!!  It seems too early to be due to my belly needing to stretch, right?

A couple of complicating factors- I have lost 18 pounds due to nausea and vomiting, so I can't really tell if my belly is growing.  If it is, there's still plenty of fat rolls there!

Also, I have to give myself injections of Lovenox (blood thinner) twice a day in my belly, so I guess the itchiness could be due to that.  It's also because of these injections that I am hesitating to spread a bunch of goop on my belly- I don't want to push anything INSIDE with the needle when I'm doing the injections.

Anyone also have this insane itching this early along?  What did you do?

Sleepy mama to Colin Theodore 8-12-08 and Trevor Arthur 7-17-12.

#2 of 3 Old 01-05-2012, 09:20 PM

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)

I had itchy skin during my whole pregnancy. From what I understand it's fairly common. A little bit of good old Nivea did wonders. And stay hydrated by drinking tons of water; that helps. Congrats on your pregnancy! 

Apartment Farm - the chronicles of my cooking, gardening, crafting and other such things. 

#3 of 3 Old 01-09-2012, 11:57 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I am 19 weeks and have been itching all over since about 12 weeks. In fact, the itching is so bad I have marks on my back, stomach, legs,  and arms. I thought I had developed an allergy but my midwife seemed to think it was normal! The only thing that seems to provide some relief is Burt's Bee's body oil. Hopefully this doesn't last much longer! :) 

Tags
Pregnancy

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page