Not sure about BH meds...27 weeks...help! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-25-2012, 05:46 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi! I'm 27 weeks and have been experiencing many BHC's for the past few weeks. My doc (whom I really like) put me on 2/day Nifedipine. Im not in PTL but my doc wants me on these meds anyway since this is my 1st pregnancy and she isn't sure if this is normal for me. I've read that this medicine can cause birth defects and that it really can't stop labor if I do go into real labor. Not sure what to think, I hate pharms and really don't want to take these but also don't want to risk going into PTL. Help! 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-25-2012, 09:45 PM

First, congrats on your pregnancy!  Second, while 27 weeks isn't early for Braxton Hicks, it might be that your doc thought there was something more going on there that does put you at risk for PTL.  Would it be possible for you to call and talk to the doc a little more about it?  Let him know that after doing some research you're worried about the potential side effects? 

And of course in the mean time, take it easy and stay hydrated.  Good luck with the next 13 weeks!

Old 01-25-2012, 09:58 PM - Thread Starter

Thank u justKate for your reply! I have absolutely no other symptoms for PTL and have even had 2 negative FF tests in the last 2 weeks. They are just unsure due to this being my first and think that the BHC's can make me go into real labor. Or at least, that's how they explained it to me. But you are right, I should definitely talk with my doc on this. Thanks for the advice!!! :)

Tags
Pregnancy
User Tag List